PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Don't want to be a Chiefs fan anymore?

MikeMaslowski
10-26-2009, 04:12 AM
If thats you, then f*ck off and go wear orange and blue, black and silver or any other fugging jersey. Just sell your sh#t on ebay for a good price and jump ship.

I admit it is hard to go into work on monday and get into a football convo and have someone look at you and say "How are the Chiefs doin?" and have everyone kinda snicker. But fugg it.

These are the times that make us real fans. Deal with Haley, LJ, crazy trades and a pourous o-line. We will be fine... someday. And if you are still a fan, I will stand there with you when the glory day arrives with a sixer of: some of our favorite brew doing the tomahawk chop and yelling when it's another Chiefs "FIRST DOWN!"

Our day of salvation will come, and for all you old timers, I hope to god it's sooner than later.

Have another beer on me!:thumb:

Maz

Saggysack
10-26-2009, 04:34 AM
And I say admitting it is hard to go to work on a Monday because of something completely out of your control is putting a level of emotional investment into something that could slightly be pointing to some issues.

Just sayin.

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 04:44 AM
Hell,

I have been a METS fan since the 70s. This is a picnic compared to that.

MikeMaslowski
10-26-2009, 04:50 AM
And I say admitting it is hard to go to work on a Monday because of something completely out of your control is putting a level of emotional investment into something that could slightly be pointing to some issues.

Just sayin.

The "hard" is pointing to the conversation not the work. Even though I do have slight emotional involvement with the Chiefs. Pick apart what you like, or be funny or whatever you called that. If you are a (true) Chiefs fan, I will call you friend.

Just sayin.

Saggysack
10-26-2009, 06:28 AM
The "hard" is pointing to the conversation not the work. Even though I do have slight emotional involvement with the Chiefs. Pick apart what you like, or be funny or whatever you called that. If you are a (true) Chiefs fan, I will call you friend.

Just sayin.

It isn't "hard" when you just admit to them that they suck. Human psychology isn't hard. Cut them off at the pass.

ChiefButthurt
10-26-2009, 06:28 AM
If thats you, then f*ck off and go wear orange and blue, black and silver or any other fugging jersey. Just sell your sh#t on ebay for a good price and jump ship.

I admit it is hard to go into work on monday and get into a football convo and have someone look at you and say "How are the Chiefs doin?" and have everyone kinda snicker. But fugg it.

These are the times that make us real fans. Deal with Haley, LJ, crazy trades and a pourous o-line. We will be fine... someday. And if you are still a fan, I will stand there with you when the glory day arrives with a sixer of: some of our favorite brew doing the tomahawk chop and yelling when it's another Chiefs "FIRST DOWN!"

Our day of salvation will come, and for all you old timers, I hope to god it's sooner than later.

Maz

Sonny.....I don't know how old you are, but these Chiefs are selling nothing but a shitty experience. You can believe this, I'm not the only fan that has boxed up his Chiefs garb and is waiting for better days to unpack it. I'm watching other teams at this point that have put together a better product and they happen to be entertaining. This team is awful and not any better than last year.

old_geezer
10-26-2009, 06:49 AM
I'm a Chief's fan; have been one since the early 60's. I watch every week and cheer for a victory. I will continue to do so. However I no longer expect them to win and I really don't get upset when they lose anymore. They are a very very bad team and I know that. What I have done is stop buying anything Chief's related (shirts, caps, ect.). If they ever decide to put a competitive team on the field again I will support them with my hard earned money. Right now they don't deserve that, and the sooner management gets that message; the sooner they begin to fix the team in earnest. JMO

MichaelH
10-26-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm a Chief's fan; have been one since the early 60's. I watch every week and cheer for a victory. I will continue to do so. However I no longer expect them to win and I really don't get upset when they lose anymore. They are a very very bad team and I know that. What I have done is stop buying anything Chief's related (shirts, caps, ect.). If they ever decide to put a competitive team on the field again I will support them with my hard earned money. Right now they don't deserve that, and the sooner management gets that message; the sooner they begin to fix the team in earnest. JMO

Ditto except I wasn't born until 1968. I used to get mad, throw my hat, burn my stuff, and make my family afraid to talk to me until Monday night. What's the sense of all that? If and when I get to see the Chiefs on TV, I try to enjoy the game. I admit is was tough yesterday. But I tried.

Jack
10-26-2009, 07:21 AM

Well said. I've been with them since day one.

Yeah, I don't any Chiefs stuff anymore. I can't find it anywhere. Reckon they stopped selling it.

Dartgod
10-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Oh goody! Another "real fan" litmus test.

Earthling
10-26-2009, 07:53 AM
Like I mentioned in another post yesterday, I am at a point to where I don't really care if I catch the Chiefs game on Sunday anymore. I quit watching the game yesterday out of frustration and I have NEVER done that before. Being able to follow and see the Chiefs is the only reason I get the Direct TV package every year so I wouldn't miss a single game. Right now the biggest thrill I can get concerning the Chiefs is contemplating the next draft picks.

sparkky
10-26-2009, 08:01 AM
I'll bitch, piss and moan like everybody else here but they will always be "my team".

after some of the coaches and Chiefs teams I've lived thru, I'm like herpes now. they just can't get rid of me.

BossChief
10-26-2009, 08:01 AM
What would suck would be missing this team going from bad to good and missing all the little improvements along the way.

fuck that

Im married to this team in sickness and in health!

TEX
10-26-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm a fan - but I DON'T WATCH live any longer. I went through that in the late '70's. I learnd from it and this time around, I'm not gonna get that emotionally tied up in the whole sucking process. We're gonna suck ass whether I watch or not. And saying, " I told ya so" does no good cause we still suck. So, I choose to get on with my life and do things on Sunday. I record the games and go back and watch during the week to spread the suckage out over time. It's easy to take that way and by the time I watch the whole game, I'm usually laughing...

Galileo Humpkins
10-26-2009, 08:25 AM
My bromance is strong with the Todd. I want to believe someone with so much passion and testicular fortitude can transmute into a quality coach someday. However, Larry Johnson and the rest of this team can get gang banged by the seven dwarfs for all I care.

I haven't been following the Chiefs all of my life despite being raised in the surroundings of Sunday afternoon football. I idiotically watched through the Herm Edwards diarrhea epoch and my Chiefs appetite was thus ruined. I will continue to idiotically watch as we're taken advantage of like a helpless elderly woman in a dark alleyway. I won't be disappointed, however, because wasting such energy on an organization that is so deficient of hope merely isn't worth it.

I assume Armageddon will commence before we're sniffing at the entryway of a playoff run. But hey, there's always moral victories! http://s3.tinypic.com/am8sh0_th.jpg

ziggysocki
10-26-2009, 08:34 AM
Someone threw their white Chiefs jersey on the field after Cassel interception #3 yesterday... the funny part was that he was too big of a bitch to own up to it and get thrown out. Lied and pointed and said the thrower ran off... pussy.

Bwana
10-26-2009, 08:39 AM

Great post

Braincase
10-26-2009, 08:43 AM
No point in getting upset over shit you can't control. I've detached. I'm a fan, but I've got two more games for my son's team, and my girls are geting into basketball season and club volleyball. I'll focus on them, and on occasion work on my golf game.

ChiTown
10-26-2009, 09:02 AM
No point in getting upset over shit you can't control. I've detached. I'm a fan, but I've got two more games for my son's team, and my girls are geting into basketball season and club volleyball. I'll focus on them, and on occasion work on my golf game.

+1

Exactly the sort of thing I'm focusing on right now. I didn't even watch the game live yesterday. I DVR'd the game (watched it late last night) and spent my afternoon hanging out with the kids. I knew we'd get our ass kicked, so why bother wasting my day getting po'd?

Brock
10-26-2009, 09:07 AM
true fan bullshit

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Hell,

At least the Mets have won something since 1970. The Chiefs are the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. Heartbreakers for 40 years.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2009, 09:10 AM
i still scream and yell. good or bad.

ThunderChief
10-26-2009, 09:11 AM
We all knew, or should have known, that re-building the team would result in some bad days of watching the team and lamenting their failed efforts the day(s) after. We knew there would be days like this. We did.

Would there be this many? I suspect there will be even more before the R word is part of the past again.

rockymtnchief
10-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Unless the NFL grants a team to us here in Montana, I have no desire to switch teams after watching them 38 years. I'll just keep pissing and moaning until they get turned around. But, if something major doesn't happen in the off season, I may cancel my Sunday Ticket next year.

Bwana
10-26-2009, 09:15 AM
true fan bullshit

Brock, I am so numb to this team, I even let that go. In the past, I would have gone all, "take you true fan stuff and shove it" to the thread starter, but I really could give a rats ass at this point. This team is so bad, all I can do is sit there and smile and shake my head. There is nothing I can do to control what these clowns, so I don't get to excited about it there days. I just hope they can put something together in the future that we can be pround of at some point in time.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Brock, I am so numb to this team, I even let that go. In the past, I would have gone all, "take you true fan stuff and shove it" to the thread starter, but I really could give a rats ass at this point. This team is so bad, all I can do is sit there and smile and shake my head. There is nothing I can do to control what these clowns, so I don't get to excited about it there days. I just hope they can put something together in the future that we can be pround of at some point in time.

http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/4647/clockwork1rd8.gif

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 09:25 AM
The last two years have been about one thing only.
Stadium renovation.

To understand a Hunt, you must think like a Hunt.

MOhillbilly
10-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Stadium renovation.

i still think they brought in DV to win a SB before Mr. Hunt passed.

Bwana
10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
Stadium renovation.

That Mr. Blowfish, is a sobering thought. :eek:

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 09:28 AM
people that stop being a chief fan are just a bunch of pussies.

big nasty kcnut
10-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Hell i can't stop being a chief fan. I heard that if you stop being a chief fan that len dawson will kick your ass.

Jack
10-26-2009, 09:51 AM
Reckon those folks over on the mange are just loving this meltdown. . .

PhillyChiefFan
10-26-2009, 10:12 AM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I am proud to be a Chiefs fan.

Especially here in PA where you have the Steelers and Eagles. People might snicker but I can't tell you how many friends and strangers have told me they respect me for sticking with my team no matter what.

I wouldn't be able to look myself in the mirror with my Chiefs jersey on when they finally do turn it around and not feel just a little ashamed.

tooge
10-26-2009, 10:13 AM
I'll always be a fan. This is my town and my team. I am gonna spend more time in the woods this fall and watch the games DVR'd if they are at least entertaining. They will be good again, not sure when. In the meantime, I will attach myself to a team to root for in each conference. I'm goin Saints and Steelers for the superbowl. When the chiefs get good again, I will invest more time. Sorry, thats just how it is. By the way, I took my son to the game yesterday and we had a blast. I just dont let the suckage get to me like I used to.

Garcia Bronco
10-26-2009, 10:18 AM
We would welcome many of your as Bronco Fans

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the orange door!"

Garcia Bronco
10-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Reckon those folks over on the mange are just loving this meltdown. . .

Actually no. I want you to be a competitive team. I can't even talk smack over here. It's no fun.

wild1
10-26-2009, 10:23 AM
these are the times that try men's souls

ziggysocki
10-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Actually no. I want you to be a competitive team. I can't even talk smack over here. It's no fun.

Kinda like sucker punching a girl huh?

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 10:25 AM

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the orange door!"

"I'd rather eat barbed wire and dead babies." - My Friend Big BM from Mizzou

Buehler445
10-26-2009, 10:27 AM

Just sayin.

You would go nuts if you lived in Nebraska. Before Callahan destroyed that team, monday attitudes were dictated by Saturday performances.

I shit you not.

Fortunately for me, other than the one Charger fan here, everybody's team laid an egg this weekend. So there shouldn't be too much trash talk.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
10-26-2009, 10:30 AM

Garcia Garcia Garcia :shake:

http://www.digitalbricabrac.com/gifs/Picard%20Shooting%20Homer%20Simpson.gif

Simply Red
10-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Hell,

why Mets?

Jack
10-26-2009, 10:36 AM
I can't even talk smack over here. It's no fun.

Uhh, Ok.

Buehler445
10-26-2009, 10:38 AM
As far as my take, I'm addicted.

I still watch every snap. Still scream at the TV. All that crap. But I've forced myself to move on after the game is over. There's just no way to spend a whole day bummed because the Chiefs lost. I used to, but I have more important things to do in my life.

Same for KU. Other than the National Championship game a couple years ago, I compartmentalize all my emotion to the games.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
10-26-2009, 10:43 AM
It would take some VERY drastic for me not to be a Chiefs fan....such as something like re-hiring Carl Peterson as GM. Since that will never happen, I can't see myself not being a Chiefs fan.

But if I were to not root for them anymore....I'd root for the Bears. I fucking hate the Rams.

58kcfan89
10-26-2009, 10:45 AM
As far as my take, I'm addicted.

I still watch every snap. Still scream at the TV. All that crap. But I've forced myself to move on after the game is over. There's just no way to spend a whole day bummed because the Chiefs lost. I used to, but I have more important things to do in my life.

Same for KU. Other than the National Championship game a couple years ago, I compartmentalize all my emotion to the games.
Posted via Mobile Device

This. Except I'm a K-State fan and over the last three years, Uncle Ronald and Herman ****ing Edwards both taught me that there's no point in getting pissed at something you have no control over (also, no National Title runs for me...it sucks).

I guess considering the fact that all I've known is failure in the playoffs and decent regular seasons (was born in '89, was 4 years old the last time KC won a playoff game), all I have right now is hope. That's the main thing that keeps me coming back. The hope that one of these years, the Chiefs will finally win the big one and I can say that they've been my team the whole time.

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 10:48 AM
You have to be an idiot to like the chiefs. They have LITTERALLY made 9 or 10 of the Dumbest moves in the history of sports. Now they are reaping what they sowed which is a bunch of fat ass losses. See you in hell clark

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
Sports blunders that come to mind

1.)Sam bowie over Jordan
2.) trading Jared allen
3.) giving Larry Johnson new contract
4:) signing Matt Cassel
5:) Selling babe ruth
6:) Trading Tony Gonzales

Redrum_69
10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
You have to be an idiot to like the chiefs. They have LITTERALLY made 9 or 10 of the Dumbest moves in the history of sports. Now they are reaping what they sowed which is a bunch of fat ass losses. See you in hell clark

I have a Larry Johnson autograph/jersey swatch. Since you are a diehard Chiefs fan, are you interested in buying this card from me?

I also have a Tony G. auto/jersey card as well.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 10:53 AM
I haven't lost any of my fire for this football team.
Two words...DIE...HARD!

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I have a Larry Johnson autograph/jersey swatch. Since you are a diehard Chiefs fan, are you interested in buying this card from me?

I also have a Tony G. auto/jersey card as well.

It's not their fault this Orginization is totally shitty. General Motors looks down at the queefs

DumbHillbillies
10-26-2009, 10:55 AM
I was already to post GTFO before I opened the thread. So, I agree with you, well said.:clap:

Easy 6
10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Eh, anyone who's still following this team, still posting after all of these years deserves their say.

Negative Nancy, Harold Homer...doesnt matter, they've put their time in & have a right to their opinions.

burt
10-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Eh, anyone who's still following this team, still posting after all of these years deserves their say.

Negative Nancy, Harold Homer...doesnt matter, they've put their time in & have a right to their opinions.

Downhearted Donald here......and I am a Chiefs addict!

Molitoth
10-26-2009, 11:12 AM
After being a Chiefs/Royals fan for so many years, I deserve to hop on a bandwagon.... my feet f*cking hurt.

This year, I'm rooting for the Vikings.... for many reasons.

Easy 6
10-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Downhearted Donald here......and I am a Chiefs addict!

LMAO

Get out there & put a couple over the curb today, you'll feel better.

ChiefButthurt
10-26-2009, 11:30 AM
people that stop being a chief fan are just a bunch of pussies.

I don't think anyone has claimed to "quit" being a Chiefs fan, we're just not as proud as the old days. Everyone is embarrassed by the product on the field and I'm getting tired of hearing the Chiefs name being brought with all the other crappy teams. Everybody knows that this team is in a league all by itself.....the SHIT league.

Inspector
10-26-2009, 11:43 AM
I'll always watch the Chiefs every chance I get.

It provides a good excuse for not doing other crap that I don't want to mess with.

Inspector
10-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Hell i can't stop being a chief fan. I heard that if you stop being a chief fan that len dawson will kick your ass.

This is true.

And just one more reason to keep being a fan.

Do NOT mess with Lenny. Don't do it!

SDChiefs
10-26-2009, 11:48 AM

Maz

Not until we get rid of Matt *sshole.

KCChiefsFan88
10-26-2009, 11:56 AM
The individual who started this thread is the type of fan who has had a hand in the destruction of the Chiefs franchise. These are the blind zombies who have acted like clapping monkies as Clark Hunt/Dictator Carl/Herm systematically destroyed the franchise.

Inspector
10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
To be honest, I mainly come to this forum to gaze at MikeMaslowski's avatar.

Baby Lee
10-26-2009, 12:07 PM
So I've had this crack whore daughter for a while now. I still love her, but I'm not all that interested in hanging out with her while she's doing all the crack smokin' and dick suckin'. I pray nightly that she'll end her craving for crack and anonymous cock, but she's pretty much shown a great devotion to said things.

Tiger's Fan
10-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.

Hog Rider
10-26-2009, 12:39 PM
I live around Cubs fans - I've found it's easy to be a fan for a loser.

HR

cardken
10-26-2009, 12:43 PM
It isn't "hard" when you just admit to them that they suck. Human psychology isn't hard. Cut them off at the pass.

I too have taken a sabbatical form the Chiefs. They are'nt interested in putting a quality team on the field, and not interested in watching the front office, "jerk off." I not longer wear my loyalty on my sleeve. That being said, when asked "Who My Team?" is, I still answer proudly "The Chiefs."I still have my Chiefs hat on the rear window. But at this juncture not interested in watching a bad product preform even worse. The window will open again and I'll be there to support and cheer them on. But to sit and watch a bad team doesn't make you a "better fan" , only someone with nothing to do on Sunday.

CoMoChief
10-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Great KC sports moves:

Beltran/Damon/Dye/ - and soon to be Greinke and countless others over the years concerning the MLB draft.

Letting Nick Lowery go

Jared Allen trade

Keeping GRob for the 2003 season

signing LJ to a huge contract

signing Matt Cassel to a huge contract