PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Keitzman says somethings going down. LJ trade?

googlegoogle
10-26-2009, 03:18 PM
hinted at it again.

MIAdragon
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
linky?

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 03:19 PM
hes not gettin traded, its past the trade deadline hes either getting cut or he will remain on the team

dirk digler
10-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Where's Jessica?

googlegoogle
10-26-2009, 03:21 PM
linky?

810am radio. Just said 30 sec. ago he had info that somethings going down.

All we know.

stay tuned.

Phobia
Who would want that malcontent cancer on their team. The Chiefs have given him everything he has but he's never happy. Some people are just like that. They're called cancers.

DaneMcCloud
He can't be traded this year.

The deadline was October 20th.

wild1
10-26-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm guessing "suspended indefinitely"

petegz28
10-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Personaly I think Haley was mum on this in the presser because Pioli is dealing with it. If KK is right, and that is a weak bet at best, look for LJ to be gone.

Rooster
10-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Maybe he's going to be deactivated like Keshawn was a few years ago.

King_Chief_Fan
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
hinted at it again.

but what does WPI say

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
cut him so he can go to the BRONCOS

KCUnited
10-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Keitz needs to take an Andrea Yates bath.

Rooster
but what does WPI say

Something about Mike Shanahan starting on Tuesday.

raybec 4
but what does WPI say

One is just as reliable as the other, throw in Jack Harry and you've just hit the trifecta.

kstater
So Kietzman listened to the press conference and inferred the same thing many on this board did?

King_Chief_Fan

finally, the deal is done

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 03:26 PM

yup the "Deal is Done"

booger
10-26-2009, 03:26 PM
who the hell would trade for him if the deadline wasn't passed?

Seriously the guy was an asshat last year getting suspended and this year he admitted to giving up 3mil to stay this year. Not to mention his crap within the last 24 hrs or turning 30 and not being close to the same back.

He'll get suspended then cut or just cut outright. The only battle will be how much more of this years salary he gets. That's if this agent doesn't quit like Alvin Keels quit. Schaeffer his new agent has to feel dumb. Taking on this guy as a client and can't even get him to behave for a year.

Fish
10-26-2009, 03:27 PM
So Kietzman listened to the press conference and inferred the same thing many on this board did?

Pretty much.....

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Somebody clarify...

But isn't it still possible to "trade" LJ by putting him on waivers? I thought that was basically the same thing as a trade and that this move doesn't have a deadline?

JASONSAUTO
10-26-2009, 03:30 PM
at this time pioli is breaking his fingers one by one to teach him a lesson, the horse head didnt do the trick. look for LJ to be on IR for the rest of the year

KcKing
Somebody clarify...

But isn't it still possible to "trade" LJ by putting him on waivers? I thought that was basically the same thing as a trade and that this move doesn't have a deadline?

I think he's been in the league too long to go on waivers, he goes straight to free agency
Posted via Mobile Device

booger
Somebody clarify...

That is baseball

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2009, 03:31 PM
LOL Watch NE sign him. It would be a delicious piece of irony.

JASONSAUTO
10-26-2009, 03:33 PM

doubtful mecca..... errrrr floppy:D

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2009, 03:33 PM
doubtful mecca..... errrrr floppy:D

It only took 6 people to say how much they hated identical avatars that I changed the picture. Just not the theme. :D

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
dude, if KC cuts him...all he'll do is lose money...

LJ on a team like New England...

Wow...put him on a team that can run block and he'd still be a force.

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 03:34 PM
Maybe he's going to be deactivated like Keshawn was a few years ago.

Why not just cut his ass outright and just be done with this cancer. Remember the Chiefs owe him nothing on his contract anymore after the Special Master ruling last year. So it's not like the Chiefs would be penalized by doing so. I don't think anybody would bother trading for this guy at this point give the tread on his tires, past probelms with the law, and outbursts like the one yesterday. I just don't see what the Chiefs stand to gain by keeping this guy on the roster anymore. I was willing to give him a chance with the new regime and what have you but I think he blew it here. Just my opinion though.

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
and then everyone would be like...

"omg whoa, why didn't LJ run hard like that here...what a loser. Can't believe he wasn't trying in KC!"

No dipshits...it's called we have one of the worst offenses ever assembled.

mcan
10-26-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm curious also, to know how the waiver system works.

JASONSAUTO
10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
It only took 6 people to say how much they hated identical avatars that I changed the picture. Just not the theme. :D

i dont have a problem with the theme:D just sucks to have two meccas on the board. one is plenty:D

burt
Who would want that malcontent cancer on their team. The Chiefs have given him everything he has but he's never happy. Some people are just like that. They're called cancers.

I am a Virgo........

Short Leash Hootie
Why not just cut his ass outright and just be done with this cancer. Remember the Chiefs owe him nothing on his contract anymore after the Special Master ruling last year. So it's not like the Chiefs would be penalized by doing so. I don't think anybody would bother trading for this guy at this point give the tread on his tires, past probelms with the law, and outbursts like the one yesterday. I just don't see what the Chiefs stand to gain by keeping this guy on the roster anymore. I was willing to give him a chance with the new regime and what have you but I think he blew it here. Just my opinion though.

Nah, once he made the opening week roster his salary this year was guaranteed...now if they suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, they probably won't have to pay him.

Though...I'm not sure if a few tweets and the word faggot will be enough to do anything but suspend him for a couple of weeks.

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2009, 03:37 PM
and I'm pretty sure if they cut LJ...he's free to sign with anyone he wants...too much service time in the NFL...I don't think he's eligible to be "claimed" by anyone.

DeepSouth
LOL Watch NE sign him. It would be a delicious piece of irony. The Patriots suspended Terry Glenn (supposedly their best WR) for the season and won a superbowl.

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-81586660.html

JASONSAUTO
and then everyone would be like...

"omg whoa, why didn't LJ run hard like that here...what a loser. Can't believe he wasn't trying in KC!"

No dipshits...it's called we have one of the worst offenses ever assembled.

doubtful. lj is done. if he goes somewhere else and doesnt fall down when a 2 year old girl breathes on him i will hunt the guy down and chop off his toes.

raybec 4
Who cares,he's just an assclown, I could live for a thousand years and never see him on the field again it'd be just fine with me.

JASONSAUTO
10-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Nah, once he made the opening week roster his salary this year was guaranteed...now if they suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, they probably won't have to pay him.

Though...I'm not sure if a few tweets and the word faggot will be enough to do anything but suspend him for a couple of weeks.

i'm not too sure about his pay they worked that out though, thats why he is still here

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Corey Dillion all over again

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Sounds like LJ needs to go out tonight and spit a drink on some chick....

CoMoChief
10-26-2009, 03:41 PM

Put him on MIN.....Adrian Peterson sucks. :D

DeepSouth
10-26-2009, 03:42 PM

Though...I'm not sure if a few tweets and the word pillowbiter will be enough to do anything but suspend him for a couple of weeks.

It wasn't just the tweets. He called some reporters f@ggots in the Locker Room today. With his past suspensions by the league I wouldn't be surprised if the league suspended him again.

On Monday in the Chiefs locker room, Johnson used another gay slur after saying he wouldn't speak to reporters.

Johnson, sitting next to second-year running back Jamaal Charles, told reporters that "I'm not talking till Thursday," his usual day of speaking with reporters.

Then Johnson turned away and whispered.

"Get your f@ggots ass out of here," he said.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1530957.html

JD10367

Not if they do, and he starts running for 100 yards a game. But chances of that are pretty freakin' slim.

I have no particular interest in seeing him in a Patriots uni. On the other hand, they let Lamont Jordan walk in the offseason, and both Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris are injured and--if back at all--will be back late in the season. So currently we're back to relying on Laurence "Dancing With The Stars" Maroney, and scrub BenJarvus Green-Ellis. So, sadly, I guess I'd probably say, if they could get him for vet minimum, why the hell not, if he sucks they can cut him...

GoHuge
More or less Haley said.

Larry,

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/chalkitdown/TV%20Shows/Entourage/arigtfo.gif

Sure-Oz
Somethings going down? thats all he said?

Count Zarth
10-26-2009, 03:43 PM

Yup.

That will be the sad part....he WILL produce.

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Larry's about to find out what it feels like to bend over and take it up the tailpipe.
So to speak...

And who will be GoChiefs next spank bank?
LJ will be histo.

My guess is he'll start cozying up to Succop.

Mr. Arrowhead
LJ= Edgerin James

booger
I agree that it will be sad if he reproduces.

cut off his johnson and throw it in the river.

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2009, 03:45 PM
Yup.

which means hes a piece of shit that has no heart and we shouldve got rid of him a long time ago

alpha_omega
10-26-2009, 03:51 PM
As i said in another thread....Kolby is ready to come back.

C ya Larry (either out of town, or on the bench for the rest of the season).

TheHelgo
10-26-2009, 03:53 PM
suspend him now and trade for a 6th or 7th before the draft. pretty much no chance he plays for the Chiefs again regardless.

suds79
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Isn't that what KK does? Throw cr@p out there and see if it sticks?

"Matt Cassel's playing Sunday against Baltimore" on & on.

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 03:55 PM
suspend him now and trade for a 6th or 7th before the draft. pretty much no chance he plays for the Chiefs again regardless.

nobody is gonna wanna take on that contract, because they basically know they can get him cheaper when we release him.

JD10367
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Yup.

Well, the Pats aren't exactly great run-blockers, so maybe not if he went there. They're middle-of-the-pack. But I would hope the Pats signed him, if only to keep him away from the Jets, who lead the league in rushing but just lost Leon Washington...

penguinz
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM
As i said in another thread....Kolby is ready to come back.

C ya Larry (either out of town, or on the bench for the rest of the season).Kolby has had one good game and has been hurt the rest of the time. Why does everyone have a hard on for this guy?

Micjones
10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
If they cut LJ he wins.
He'll go to a contender and laugh his ass all the way to the post-season.

Really, there's no way for him to lose...
If they deactivate him... He still gets paid and doesn't have to endure the remainder of this agonizing season.

Short Leash Hootie
10-26-2009, 03:58 PM
which means hes a piece of shit that has no heart and we shouldve got rid of him a long time ago

No...

It means not even Adrian Peterson would produce on this P.O.S. team.

Put LJ on a team that can run block, or a team with a capable offense...and he'd be a fine piece of their puzzle.

Hey...if you were a part of a LOSING team and you were a "star" player and the team just kept getting worse and worse and worse...you'd probably be pissed, too.

I don't care what they do with LJ...but he could still be a quality back on a team that wasn't total nutsack.

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Though...I'm not sure if a few tweets and the word pillowbiter will be enough to do anything but suspend him for a couple of weeks.

Well in this case then just suspend his fricken ass for the rest of the season so they don't have to pay him. Either way I see no reason why he should ever field another down for this franchise. Good riddance with the guy.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2009, 04:01 PM
If they cut LJ he wins.

If they deactivate him... He still gets paid and doesn't have to endure the remainder of this agonizing season.

Which is why they should just suspend him and ban him from the facilities. 2 weeks. He'll do it again and they can rinse and repeat. I'd make this as difficult on him as possible.

Stewie
At this point I think the Chiefs could suspend without pay. His history speaks for itself.

salame
I just don't see why they would keep him

Pioli Zombie

It would be hilarious if the Patriots signed him and he ran for a 1,000 yards in the last half of the season.
It would be fun around CP.
Posted via Mobile Device

L.A. Chieffan
10-26-2009, 04:03 PM
No...

It means not even Adrian Peterson would produce on this P.O.S. team.

Put LJ on a team that can run block, or a team with a capable offense...and he'd be a fine piece of their puzzle.

Hey...if you were a part of a LOSING team and you were a "star" player and the team just kept getting worse and worse and worse...you'd probably be pissed, too.

I don't care what they do with LJ...but he could still be a quality back on a team that wasn't total nutsack.

honestly im not even worried about. ljs washed up and couldnt score behind the greatest line in the league

Mr. Arrowhead
10-26-2009, 04:05 PM
honestly im not even worried about. ljs washed up and couldnt score behind the greatest line in the league

yup i agree, he too slow, he might be a decent short yardage, but beside that, hes not a everydown back anymore.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 04:07 PM
I really dont care what they do to him at this point. I'm fine with sitting him the remainder of the season. Who cares? Too bad we couldn't have traded him. No, not last week, 2.5 yrs ago.

ChiefMojo
10-26-2009, 04:08 PM
To some it is a no win situation for KC regardless of the circumstances.

Face it, the guy is a full grown cancer. He is on his last legs as a pro and even if he does go to a new team and produce, it won't be for long.

We suck right now, why keep a cancer around that isn't producing and is getting paid by you when he doesn't have to be? In that aspect, the Chiefs come out the winners. They get rid of a piece of crap without having to give him jack. Is LJ going to win us anymore games than Kolby/Jamaal? For gosh sakes Jamaal carried most of the carries in the 2nd half anyways last game. Are we good at RB? No, but we are no different playing LJ. This isn't LJ of 4+ years ago, this is piece of crap washed up bish LJ!

I don't care if he produces with anyone else, just get his sorry a$$ out of KC and bring in people that care about winning and want to be a Chief!

salame
10-26-2009, 04:09 PM
If he does go play like a beast somewhere else so be it.
He sure isn't doing it here.

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 04:12 PM
If they deactivate him... He still gets paid and doesn't have to endure the remainder of this agonizing season.Who cares if he gets paid? Its not my money, I just dont wanna see him play in a Chiefs uni ever again. I hope they keep him and shut him down.

Marty Mac Ver 2.0
10-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Hmm...maybe I should pick up Jamal Charles in fantasy football. I need someone to fill in for Leon Washington and Shon Greene is already gone.

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 04:15 PM
At this point I think the Chiefs could suspend without pay. His history speaks for itself.

KK keeps saying on the air that the Chiefs can cut his ass outright and not owe him or pay him a damn thing after the special master ruling last year. They can just walk way from him with no strings attatched. He's owed 1.9 mil the rest of this season. If the Chiefs cut him or suspend him he apparently is not due this money. This is what I originally thought as well though. Who knows? KK is full of it most of the time anyway, but I tend to agree with on this. There's no positive having LJ on the roster anymore. Dump him.

Lex Luthor
10-26-2009, 04:16 PM
I think I'd almost rather see them give him the ball 400+ times again. It'll save the wear and tear on Kolby and Jamal, and it will guarantee that LJ is done after this season.

If he carries the ball 400 times, he should rush for well over 700 yards this year!

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 04:18 PM
KK keeps saying on the air that the Chiefs can cut his ass outright and not owe him or pay him a damn thing after the special master ruling last year. They can just walk way from him with no strings attatched. He's owed 1.9 mil the rest of this season. If the Chiefs cut him or suspend him he apparently is not due this money. This is what I originally thought as well though. Who knows? KK is full of it most of the time anyway, but I tend to agree with on this. There's no positive having LJ on the roster anymore. Dump him.I dont know much about how contracts work when a player gets cut, but I'd be surprised if we could cut him and it not cost us anything.

Coogs
10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Kolby has had one good game and has been hurt the rest of the time. Why does everyone have a hard on for this guy?

I don't have a woody for Kolby, but for me in that one game Kolby made things happen and played with a passion that LJ didn't show. He made yards where no yards were there... and LJ couldn't do it week after week leading up to that game. And it was like the O-line feed off of it as well and took pride in what Smith was doing... if you know what I mean.

Coogs
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I think I'd almost rather see them give him the ball 400+ times again. It'll save the wear and tear on Kolby and Jamal, and it will guarantee that LJ is done after this season.

If he carries the ball 400 times, he should rush for well over 700 yards this year!

I agree with some other posts I saw earlier today. I don't want LJ to be our all-time leading rusher.

Sure-Oz
10-26-2009, 04:26 PM
I bet LJ is going to be our next offensive coordinator after this

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I dont know much about how contracts work when a player gets cut, but I'd be surprised if we could cut him and it not cost us anything.

I think the only reason why that's the case is because of the special master ruling. I would just do the homework and look all this up, but I'm just feeling a little lazy right now. Don't feel like doing the research I guess. God I'm pathetic. :doh!:

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Which is why they should just suspend him and ban him from the facilities. 2 weeks. He'll do it again and they can rinse and repeat. I'd make this as difficult on him as possible.

There simply is no way to make life difficult for Larry Johnson.
They're into him for this year's salary and banning him from the facility only creates a vacation opportunity for him.

Johnson has the upperhand here.

kstater
10-26-2009, 04:32 PM
I dont know much about how contracts work when a player gets cut, but I'd be surprised if we could cut him and it not cost us anything.

In a grievance hearing, the arbitrator ruled that LJ breached his contract when he got suspended due to his legal issues. Thus his 09 and '10 guarantees were not guaranteed.

Sure-Oz
10-26-2009, 04:33 PM
They're into him for this year's salary and banning him from the facility only creates a vacation opportunity for him.

I say someone get tonya harding on the line and take out his knee

Stewie
10-26-2009, 04:41 PM

Are you a Madoff defense attorney? ALL IS GOLDEN!!!! MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! Having an ounce of honor is for suckers!!! Where da bitches at?!!!!

petegz28
10-26-2009, 04:43 PM

So send him on vacation.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Are you a Madoff defense attorney? ALL IS GOLDEN!!!! MONEY! MONEY! MONEY! Having an ounce of honor is for suckers!!! Where da bitches at?!!!!

Not sure I understand the point you were trying to make...

The bottom line is Johnson doesn't lose in this situation no matter what the Chiefs decide to do.

Cutting him outright would be a mistake. That's not a good FOOTBALL decision.

We can't handle this situation like a scorned ex-girlfriend would.
Let's use a little rationale and tuck our emotions.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:44 PM
So send him on vacation.

Not sure I'd do that.
I'd keep him around, but make sure he made his way onto the inactive list every week.

The Bad Guy
10-26-2009, 04:45 PM
No, cutting him outright would not be a mistake.

Let him poison another locker room. This team has never won with LJ, and it never will. Cut your loses, show the masses that you mean business and move the fuck on.

LJ's talent is gone. He's not even a fringe starter anymore in the NFL.

Buck
10-26-2009, 04:46 PM
I wonder if there is a clause in his contract that if he brings negative attention to the Chiefs he can be cut....

You know, like by using the word Faggot in a public forum.

HC_Chief
10-26-2009, 04:47 PM
I wonder if there is a clause in his contract that if he brings negative attention to the Chiefs he can be cut....

You know, like by using the word pillowbiter in a public forum.

The arbiter already found in favor of the Chiefs. We can cut his soft-running ass any time we like.

kaplin42
10-26-2009, 04:47 PM
I say put his ass on the practice squad. Let him sit there untill his contract runs fully out. Who is gonna want him then? Im sure soemone will take him, but not at the money he thinks he's worth.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:51 PM
No, cutting him outright would not be a mistake.

Let him poison another locker room. This team has never won with LJ, and it never will. Cut your loses, show the masses that you mean business and move the fuck on.

They're a day late and a dollar short for that.
They made a decision to stick by the guy when they had a chance to walk him and the guaranteed money he was due.

Not sure how solid that message would be at this point.
Deactivating him for the remainder of the season sends the same message.

Besides... Are we certain that he's had an effect on other players in the lockerroom?

Mojo Jojo

Not really. NFL players are paid with game checks. If the Chiefs were to suspend him he doesn't collect...in fact the Chiefs may be able to get back some signing bonus.

LJ has already had to deal with Goodell once...the NFL may also step in based on what LJ and Roger talked about.

Saccopoo
If Pioli and Haley are serious about their concept of "the right 53" then LJ cannot possibly be on this team at this point. This is their first big opportunity to walk the walk.

It's not about trying to get the most out of the situation, it's about showing the fans that they are truly serious about getting the right 53.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:52 PM
I say put his ass on the practice squad. Let him sit there untill his contract runs fully out. Who is gonna want him then? Im sure soemone will take him, but not at the money he thinks he's worth.

That would involve cutting him first.
And if he is cut... He'll sign elsewhere.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Not really. NFL players are paid with game checks. If the Chiefs were to suspend him he doesn't collect...in fact the Chiefs may be able to get back some signing bonus.

LJ has already had to deal with Goodell once...the NFL may also step in based on what LJ and Roger talked about.

Gamechecks have NEVER been automatic.
The Chiefs are on the hook for the guaranteed money. Remember the Special Master said that suspensions don't trigger a forfeiture of signing bonuses.

chiefzilla1501
10-26-2009, 04:55 PM
They're a day late and a dollar short for that.
They made a decision to stick by the guy when they had a chance to walk him and the guaranteed money he was due.

Not sure how solid that message would be at this point.
Deactivating him for the remainder of the season sends the same message.

Besides... Are we certain that he's had an effect on other players in the lockerroom?

The worst part is that Peterson went out of his way to grill Jared Allen for being an at-risk player and refused to give him a long-term contract, meanwhile, he gave a huge contract to a player that has a reputation for beating women, texting during team meetings, and being a nuisance in the locker room.

Thanks, Carl.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:58 PM
The arbiter already found in favor of the Chiefs. We can cut his soft-running ass any time we like.

Wrong. The Chiefs are on the hook for the guaranteed money because they retained him and kept him on his current contract.

Micjones
The worst part is that Peterson went out of his way to grill Jared Allen for being an at-risk player and refused to give him a long-term contract, meanwhile, he gave a huge contract to a player that has a reputation for beating women, texting during team meetings, and being a nuisance in the locker room.

Thanks, Carl.

Carl ALWAYS gave the big contract to the wrong player.

He chose to keep a RB over a game-changing DE.
Before he chose to keep Eric Warfield over Donnie Edwards.

kc-nd
If I were at the next home game - like a long ways away - and if I were where Larry could hear me, I might have some not nice things to say.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 04:59 PM
If I were at the next home game - like a long ways away - and if I were where Larry could hear me, I might have some not nice things to say.

So you can waste your money by being thrown out?

Don't do that. He's not worth it.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
The Chiefs are charging the Jets with tampering.

patteeu
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
yup i agree, he too slow, he might be a decent short yardage, but beside that, hes not a everydown back anymore.

I've seen no evidence of that. Even in his better days, he wasn't all that good for short yardage.

Tuckdaddy
10-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Dump his ass now or put him on practice squad so we can trade his ass for a low pick. If Haley the guy we think he is then LJ should be done starting.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Johnson wouldn't be eligible for a practice squad.
And even if he were we'd have to cut him first (AND he'd have to agree)...And after doing so, he'd sign with another team immediately.

RINGLEADER
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I say give him the Al Davis treatment and suit him up every game but don't play him.

Mr. Krab
10-26-2009, 07:28 PM
More trouble than he's worth.

Sure-Oz
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
So did anything really go down besides kk?

Oxford
10-26-2009, 07:32 PM
If they cut LJ he wins.

I'd prefer the deactivation. That way he doesn't even get a chance to show if he has anything left in the tank. That will qu**r his contract for next year, so he can go be a bouncer back in the hood. It would give him time to work on his golf game

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
So did anything really go down besides kk?

Jessica.

tonyetony
10-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Would it be considered a trade if we just dropped him off in Oakland?

Iowanian
10-26-2009, 07:34 PM
The master-negiti-baiter declared that his contract is no guaranteed.

If they cut him, they save 2mil cash.

petegz28
10-26-2009, 07:35 PM

Well, bye!

Sure-Oz
10-26-2009, 07:38 PM

Exactly, this is the perfect time to let this assclown loose.

boogblaster
10-26-2009, 07:40 PM
prolly suspenion ...

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM

This is what I've been saying all along.

Gamechecks have NEVER been automatic.
The Chiefs are on the hook for the guaranteed money. Remember the Special Master said that suspensions don't trigger a forfeiture of signing bonuses.

I think you're wrong here. I was pretty sure The special master ruled that LJ is no longer due any guarnteed money on his current contract. That the Chiefs could cut him out right and not owe him a cent.

Chiefs' Johnson loses bonus grievanceComment Email Print Share ESPN.com news services

The Kansas City Chiefs aren't obligated to pay running back Larry Johnson his guaranteed salary and bonuses over the next two seasons, an arbitrator ruled Monday.

Special Master Stephen Burbank ruled that if the Chiefs cut him, they do not have to pay him a $3.5 million guaranteed salary next season because he breached his contract after being suspended last season, NFL Players Association general counsel Richard Berthelsen said.

Burbank also ruled the New York Giants can't dock receiver Plaxico Burress the $1 million he earned as part of a new contract he signed in August after the union's grievance hearing last week.

Berthelsen said Burbank ruled bonus money already earned cannot be forfeited by a player. Therefore, Johnson can keep all the money he's earned so far, though the Chiefs -- if they release Johnson -- are free from paying him any future money after the running back had two altercations in a nightclub last year.

Last month, Johnson was sentenced to two years probation after pleading guilty to two counts of disturbing the peace following two separate confrontations involving women at nightclubs last year.

Larry Johnson rushes for 108 yards and a TD but the Chiefs lose to the Dolphins in Week 16.

Aside from the NFL suspension, the Chiefs deactivated the two-time Pro Bowler for three games.

Despite a request to be traded, Johnson was present for the start of the team's offseason conditioning program, Chiefs players said.

Burbank's ruling is expected to influence the Chiefs' decision whether to keep or release Johnson.

The NFL, in a statement released by league spokesman Greg Aiello, disagreed with the ruling, saying it incorrectly interprets the league's current collective bargaining agreement with players. Burbank failed to take into account provisions in both players' contracts stating that a portion of their bonuses would be repaid "if the player was unable to perform due to his own misconduct," the statement said.

The league added: "Today's decision incorrectly holds that the current CBA bars such provisions," while noting the ruling "underscores a serious flaw in the current system."

"It continues an unfortunate trend of permitting players who are suspended due to serious misconduct to nonetheless retain large bonus payments from their NFL teams," the statement said. "To permit players in these circumstances to retain the entirety of their bonus, representing millions of dollars, is unfair to both the clubs and other players, especially under the current salary cap system."

The league has no plans to appeal, Aiello said.

Berthelsen said Burbank's decision is in line with the agreement the union negotiated with the league in 2006.

"Our point in the CBA extension is there's no forfeiture of money already paid to the player," Berthelsen said. "A player is subject to forfeiture by some act or conduct. So you have to behave yourself in order to keep the guarantee."

Berthelsen said the only time a team can withhold money earned is if a player withholds his services.

Burbank ruled the running back has not yet earned $3.75 million in salary and bonuses due him over the next two seasons. Though the money was guaranteed as part of the contract Johnson signed in 2007, the Chiefs aren't obligated to pay the player if they release Johnson and determine he breached his contract for being suspended by the NFL for one game last season. Johnson is still on the Chiefs' roster.

Chiefs spokesman Bob Moore declined comment because team officials are still reviewing the ruling.

Johnson's agent, Peter Schaffer, said Johnson's future in Kansas City has not been discussed with the team and that the player is focused on remaining with the Chiefs.

"It doesn't impact Larry one bit with the Kansas City Chiefs and wanting to win the 2009 Super Bowl. This matter's a business decision. His entire focus is on working hard to be the best member of the Kansas City Chiefs he can be."

Berthelsen said the union argued that Johnson's salary was guaranteed, but Burbank ruled the money was not part of a signing or performance bonus and has not yet been earned. Johnson is owed by the Chiefs whatever guaranteed money he's already earned, Berthelsen said.

Burbank's ruling has potential precedent-setting effects and is expected to be a cause for debate when the NFL and the union begin negotiations on a new CBA after league owners opted out of the current deal last year.

The ruling is also likely to influence how the Cleveland Browns handle their contract with receiver Donte Stallworth, who faces charges that he was driving drunk when he killed a pedestrian last month in Miami. Stallworth was due a $4.5 million roster bonus on March 13, the day before the accident. Though Stallworth remains on the roster, it's not clear whether the team paid the bonus.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4046548

kkell
10-26-2009, 07:45 PM

dont you mean ,if hes given the ball 700 times ,not 400 he will get 700 yards

tonyetony
10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
What's the hold up. Go away Larry.

Alphaman
10-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Frankly, I think LJ is trying to get cut. I think he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win.

ForeverChiefs58
10-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Frankly, I think LJ is trying to get cut. I think he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win.

He loves NY so much, send him to Buffalo to hang out with TO.

Sure-Oz
10-26-2009, 08:31 PM
I think even LJ doesnt want to lose 2 mill

googlegoogle
10-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Espn is covering this. Chris Mortenson said league will punish him, i think.

Warrior5
10-26-2009, 08:41 PM
If Pioli and Haley are serious about their concept of "the right 53" then LJ cannot possibly be on this team at this point. This is their first big opportunity to walk the walk.

It's not about trying to get the most out of the situation, it's about showing the fans that they are truly serious about getting the right 53.

This eleventy billion times. Shit-can LJ yesterday!

GloryDayz
10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Let's hope TH and SP know what they're doing...

KcMizzou
10-26-2009, 08:49 PM
Frankly, I think LJ is trying to get cut. I think he wants to go to a team that has a chance to win.I think LJ is just an extremely arrogant hot head who can't control his emotions. Every stupid mistake he makes seems to be caused by his wounded pride.

He played the good soldier (key word "played")... the wins didn't come fast enough (and more importantly, his individual success), so he couldn't resist spouting off again. You know when all this started, he was thinking, "**** it, I tried."

It's cost him before, and it's gonna cost him again.

Now he goes back into damage control mode. Not gonna work again.

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 09:03 PM
I think LJ is just an extremely arrogant hot head who can't control his emotions. Every stupid mistake he makes seems to be caused by his wounded pride.

He played the good soldier (key word "played")... the wins didn't come fast enough (and more importantly, his individual success), so he couldn't resist spouting off again. You know when all this started, he was thinking, "**** it, I tried."

I think you hit this one on the head with your comments here. I agree with your take 100% on this matter. :thumb:

scott free
10-26-2009, 09:05 PM
I think LJ is just an extremely arrogant hot head who can't control his emotions. Every stupid mistake he makes seems to be caused by his wounded pride.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM

This statement could apply to the head coach at this point.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
This statement could apply to the head coach at this point.http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2007/12/25/amd_edwards-chiefs.jpg

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 10:27 PM
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2007/12/25/amd_edwards-chiefs.jpg

Priceless! :LOL:

Count Zarth
10-27-2009, 02:32 AM
This statement could apply to the head coach at this point.

Have you ever watched a Todd Haley press conference?

Complete professional.

And he's certainly not tweeting stupid shit like "My daddy scouted Lynn Swann. Our GM, Quentin Lawrence."

Count Zarth
10-27-2009, 02:33 AM
You know when all this started, he was thinking, "**** it, I tried.".

I wonder if he was pissed about not breaking Priest's record at Arrowhead.

Could have been the last straw for the little hothead.

NewChief
10-27-2009, 04:22 AM

Last time I was in KC, talking to my bro-in-law, we were talking about the Chiefs organization. I was commenting on how LJ finally seemed to be getting his shit together and demonstrating some true leadership. That maybe he'd finally grown up. He smirked, rolled his eyes, and said, "We'll see how long it lasts."

InChiefsHell
10-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Interesting that he waits until after the trade deadline to pull this shit. I guess if he gets cut, he gets paid and can still be signed by another team, which means MO MONEY than just getting traded...

...it's not personal, it's just business...JayZ probably advised him on this.

NewChief
10-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Interesting that he waits until after the trade deadline to pull this shit. I guess if he gets cut, he gets paid and can still be signed by another team, which means MO MONEY than just getting traded...

...it's not personal, it's just business...JayZ probably advised him on this.

99 Problems, but a Trade Ain't One?

InChiefsHell
10-27-2009, 06:19 AM
*Conspiracy Hat*

Haley wanted to trade LJ. LJ wanted to be traded. No team in the NFL was going to go for a trade, cuz Carl paid too much for LJ. SO...they agree to wait till after the trade deadline expires. It's agreed that LJ will have a complete and total stupid twitter meltdown in which he will attack his new rookie head coach which offends the locker room and fans alike. This will get him cut, and he'll be free to sign somewhere in the league, which even if it's vet minimum, it gets him out of KC with all his money plus a little change. Meanwhile, the fans and the team unite against the scourge of LJ. Kolby Smith comes out of PUP (coincidentally??) at the same time that this shit is hitting the fan. Everybody wins...

/*Conspiracy Hat*

Count Zarth
10-27-2009, 06:25 AM
*Conspiracy Hat*

Haley wanted to trade LJ. LJ wanted to be traded. No team in the NFL was going to go for a trade, cuz Carl paid too much for LJ. SO...they agree to wait till after the trade deadline expires. It's agreed that LJ will have a complete and total stupid twitter meltdown in which he will attack his new rookie head coach which offends the locker room and fans alike. This will get him cut, and he'll be free to sign somewhere in the league, which even if it's vet minimum, it gets him out of KC with all his money plus a little change. Meanwhile, the fans and the team unite against the scourge of LJ. Kolby Smith comes out of PUP (coincidentally??) at the same time that this shit is hitting the fan. Everybody wins...

/*Conspiracy Hat*

Kolby was coming off the PUP regardless. It's come off after six weeks or go on IR I believe.

Otherwise, a fine conspiracy theory!

C-Mac
10-27-2009, 07:22 AM
I wonder if he was pissed about not breaking Priest's record at Arrowhead.

Could have been the last straw for the little hothead.

You know, I think your on to something here. I was thinking last weekend that its sad that a selfish player, with the mental and team issues that many are not fond of, will own the record. If they cut him now, a more deserving player will still own the record.