PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports Is the World Series starting too late?

Deberg_1990
10-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Oct. 28th is the first game. Series will at least go until Nov. 1.

Gotta love that Artic baseball!!

Discuss......

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/10/25/mmqb/5.html

Baseball has to do something about its postseason schedule. Come on, Bob Costas. Rattle a cage or two. Tell Bud Selig you can't have a one-day-on, one-day-off schedule. It negates the importance of having a deep team and a real bullpen if all your 'pen men can pitch every game.

sd4chiefs
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
They are still playing baseball? :shrug:

Baconeater
10-26-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes it is, they should have this shit done with before football season begins. And I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell the NFL to fuck off yet again for not giving us a SNF game because of the World Series. MLB can play their sissy little games any goddamn day of the week, Sundays are for football.

Pablo
10-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Yes it is, they should have this shit done with before football season begins. And I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell the NFL to **** off yet again for not giving us a SNF game because of the World Series. MLB can play their sissy little games any goddamn day of the week, Sundays are for football.This.

When I watch SC I want my Top 10 highlights to be TD's and WR's getting their cleats knocked off; not a 3rd baseman chucking the ball across the diamond.

alanm
10-26-2009, 06:43 PM
It's set up this way to accommodate the networks. They are the ones who like the day/evening games and when it gets down to the LCS a game every day. Blame them. $$$$$

Buck
10-26-2009, 06:48 PM
This is a Football board, so Bugeater's and PRP's sentiments might be agreed upon here, but I still think that MLB gets first billing, you know since its been one of the most dominant sports leagues in the U.S. for the past 100 something years.

donkhater
10-26-2009, 06:54 PM
What's the World Series?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Ahh yes. The November Classic.

gblowfish
10-26-2009, 07:25 PM
I hate the Yankees with the burning intensity of a thousand suns.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2009, 07:28 PM

Agreed. Its pretty sad when they can pretty much field an "All Star Team" every year.

I like MLB, but i dont love it anymore. Crap like didnt help.

Fairplay
10-26-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes it is, they should have this shit done with before football season begins. And I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell the NFL to **** off yet again for not giving us a SNF game because of the World Series. MLB can play their sissy little games any goddamn day of the week, Sundays are for football.

Don't hold back, let it all out.

notorious
10-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Cap the league, then I'll give a fuck about it again.

Until then, it is just ESPN filler.

pr_capone
10-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I have no problem with the series going this late into the year.

There is a much greater chance that ice will form on the wings of the Yankees plane and it goes down in a fiery heap.

Fruit Ninja
10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Agreed. Its pretty sad when they can pretty much field an "All Star Team" every year.

Yet in the last 20 years, MLB has had the most different teams win a world series then NBA or NFL. Go figure.

I still say that shit needs a cap though.

RJ
10-26-2009, 08:17 PM

I'll add that to the list of Things I Like About gblowfish.

On the list of Sports teams I Hate, the Yankees get in line right behind the Raiders.

RJ
10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
The World Series shouldn't be played on Halloween. It's just that simple.

I am a huge baseball fan, but I don't want to watch it played in November in the northeastern US.

Demonpenz
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
MORE DOUBLE HEADERS get the gamae done by first week of october

JD10367
10-26-2009, 08:45 PM

I have no problem with the series going this late into the year.

There is a much greater chance that ice will form on the wings of the Yankees plane and it goes down in a fiery heap.

I'll add that to the list of Things I Like About gblowfish.

On the list of Sports teams I Hate, the Yankees get in line right behind the Raiders.

I've given out so much rep in here. :toast:

Fairplay
10-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Deberg just bump this thread about the same time every year.

alanm
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I hate the Yankees with the burning intensity of a thousand suns.Even though I'm a die hard AL fan. I'm a Phillies fan for the WS. I hate the Yankees even more than you do. Their the team that has singlehandedly ruined MLB. :cuss::#

petegz28
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM

And everyone making a big deal about "this is the first time the Yankees have gone to the World Series since 2003" is enough to make me puke!

Wow, the first time in less than a decade. Must suck to be a Yankme fan.

Baconeater
10-26-2009, 08:59 PM
This is a Football board, so Bugeater's and PRP's sentiments might be agreed upon here, but I still think that MLB gets first billing, you know since its been one of the most dominant sports leagues in the U.S. for the past 100 something years.
lol, it's so dominant the playoffs are on TBS.

Fairplay
10-26-2009, 09:04 PM
Even though I'm a die hard AL fan. I'm a Phillies fan for the WS. I hate the Yankees even more than you do. Their the team that has singlehandedly ruined MLB. :cuss::#

I don't really hate the Yankees at all.

MLB allows this to happen. Blame them.

Mr. Plow
10-26-2009, 09:26 PM

Must have been on right after the NBA games. lol

Edit: Nevermind....that's TNT, not TBS. But the same concept applies.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah, it's starting too late.

FWIW, I'm a huge baseball fan and bummed to see an "East Coast" series. I'm not an Angels fan but it would have been nice to see them in the series. The Dodgers have to make a few moves because this is two years in a row they've lost in the NLCS to the Phillies.

But East Coast baseball in November? It'll be 30 degrees outside. Not exactly baseball weather.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2009, 09:31 PM

TBS paid a shit ton of money for the rights fees to share the MLB playoffs with Fox.

They did Nascar on TNT, basketball's doing well on TNT and now baseball on TBS. I know it seems odd but everyone always goes to the highest bidder.

Let's just hope it doesn't get to the point where the Super Bowl is on HBO or (eek!), pay per view.

RippedmyFlesh
10-26-2009, 10:49 PM
TBS paid a shit ton of money for the rights fees to share the MLB playoffs with Fox.

They did Nascar on TNT, basketball's doing well on TNT and now baseball on TBS. I know it seems odd but everyone always goes to the highest bidder.

Let's just hope it doesn't get to the point where the Super Bowl is on HBO or (eek!), pay per view.
Football playoffs are on sat/sun so there is no disruption of non-sports programming something I think the major networks would be concerned with. If I am TBS it's a smart move because prime time isn't really thier bread and butter so the playoffs are a significant upgrade. It's not like baseball would take less money to have them on NBC for example even though not financially a good move prob a better PR move.