PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ post #11ty billion - League now involved

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 05:14 PM
League looking into Larry Johnson remarks

Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2009 6:56 PM ET

Though it's unclear whether and to what extent the NFL will take action against Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, the league office is at least looking into the situation.

Said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello via e-mail, "We are in the process of getting the facts."

Within the past day, Johnson has directed the term "pillowbiter" at one of Johnson's Twitter followers, and Johnson reportedly said in the team's locker room to the media on Monday, "Get your pillowbiter asses out of here."

Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star has confirmed the latter, which first was reported by KCSP radio.

Though most regard the Personal Conduct Policy as a tool for punishing players who have actually or allegedly broken the law, the policy arguably is broad enough to encompass spoken words that do not give rise to criminal liability. Specifically, the policy encompasses "[c]onduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players."

The fact that Johnson has had prior incidents falling within the scope of the Personal Conduct Policy could prompt the league to take action in this case. The fact that the NFL has the full authority to decide punishment and then to review the situation on appeal could make it impossible for Johnson or the NFLPA to really do anything about it, if the league decides to throw the book at him.

The Chiefs also could decide to take action against Johnson for conduct detrimental to the team.

Bane
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
League looking into Larry Johnson remarks
Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2009 6:56 PM ET
Though it's unclear whether and to what extent the NFL will take action against Chiefs running back Larry Johnson, the league office is at least looking into the situation.

Said NFL spokesman Greg Aiello via e-mail, "We are in the process of getting the facts."

Within the past day, Johnson has directed the term "pillowbiter" at one of Johnson's Twitter followers, and Johnson reportedly said in the team's locker room to the media on Monday, "Get your pillowbiter asses out of here."

Kent Babb of the Kansas City Star has confirmed the latter, which first was reported by KCSP radio.

Though most regard the Personal Conduct Policy as a tool for punishing players who have actually or allegedly broken the law, the policy arguably is broad enough to encompass spoken words that do not give rise to criminal liability. Specifically, the policy encompasses "[c]onduct that undermines or puts at risk the integrity and reputation of the NFL, NFL clubs, or NFL players."

The fact that Johnson has had prior incidents falling within the scope of the Personal Conduct Policy could prompt the league to take action in this case. The fact that the NFL has the full authority to decide punishment and then to review the situation on appeal could make it impossible for Johnson or the NFLPA to really do anything about it, if the league decides to throw the book at him.

The Chiefs also could decide to take action against Johnson for conduct detrimental to the team.

ROFL

vailpass
10-26-2009, 05:15 PM
The boy isn't too bright is he?

Then again.......

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Supposedly the KC Star has audio of him having hurled gay slurs at KC reporters.
Has anyone heard it? Many of the reporters themselves say that he was inaudible.

Johnson's in a whole heap of trouble, but members of the KC media need to stop acting like bitches.
I mean really. They act like vindictive ex-girlfriends sometimes.

Bane
10-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Supposedly the KC Star has audio of him having hurled gay slurs at KC reporters.
Has anyone heard it? Many of the reporters themselves say that he was inaudible.

Johnson's in a whole heap of trouble, but members of the KC media need to stop acting like bitches.

Thats how they get their names out there,and get that all important hot scoop of dirt on ya.

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Running LJ out of town would make the media heroes in a lot of peoples eyes, mainly women's.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Thats how they get their names out their,and get that all important hot scoop of dirt on ya.

I suppose you're right.
Just gets under my skin. The sports radio bunch aren't exactly the most politically correct personalities in the world, but as soon as Johnson rattles off some off-color language they turn into nuns.

2bikemike
10-26-2009, 05:24 PM

And they don't want to be one of LJ's vindictive ex-girlfriends. He'll bitch slap em or something.

vailpass
10-26-2009, 05:25 PM
It's society's fault LJ is a nearly unintelligible boor of a misogynist who would be slinging rock in the hood or dishing up fries if not for being able to (formerly) run fast.

Brock
10-26-2009, 05:29 PM
It's society's fault LJ is a nearly unintelligible boor of a misogynist who would be slinging rock in the hood or dishing up fries if not for being able to (formerly) run fast.

Larry's from the suburbs. He'd have to work at autozone or something.

alanm
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
It's society's fault LJ is a nearly unintelligible boor of a misogynist who would be slinging rock in the hood or dishing up fries if not for being able to (formerly) run fast.Larry ain't from the hood though. His Mom I believe is a school administrator and of course his dad has been in coaching all his life. Larry was raised upper middle class. He's just a wannabe who probably burnt his last bridge. :shake:

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Larry's from the suburbs. He'd have to work at autozone or something.

Ethan Allen.

The boys at the 'zone would eat LJ.

LJ's real name is Clarence,
And his parents have a real good marriage.

Earthling
10-26-2009, 05:32 PM
Maybe he could take up acting, get on some kind of mystery cerial, and be the fall guy.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:34 PM

Yeah...no.

If he weren't playing football he'd be selling insurance.

Bane
10-26-2009, 05:35 PM
I suppose you're right.
Just gets under my skin. The sports radio bunch aren't exactly the most politically correct personalities in the world, but as soon as Johnson rattles off some off-color language they turn into nuns.

Well you see it time and time again,some player/coach says that one thing they shouldn't have and the media run wild with it.Just like Jim Mora Jr when he went off about his kicker,you would have thought he said there was no god,or the earth was flat.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Don't you need to be able to speak understandable english to do that?

You're a fool if you think he can't do that.
Using informal language is not an indication that you can't also speak the King's English to the Queen's taste.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Well you see it time and time again,some player/coach says that one thing they shouldn't have and the media run wild with it.Just like Jim Mora Jr when he went off about his kicker,you would have thought he said there was no god,or the earth was flat.

Members of the media often take their jobs a bit too personally.

vailpass
10-26-2009, 05:44 PM
You're a fool if you think he can't do that.
Using informal language is not an indication that you can't also speak the King's English to the Queen's taste.

Yeah I thought about that and deleted my post. I've heard the dude "talk" in a couple interviews; hard to understand what he says. Maybe I haven't heard him enough times.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I've heard the dude "talk" in a couple interviews; hard to understand what he says. Maybe I haven't heard him enough times.

His job doesn't exactly require him to be much of a wordsmith.

vailpass
10-26-2009, 05:56 PM

No doubt. Dude does what he needs to do. Doctors don't have to be able to carry a tune, musicians don't have to know anatomy, etc. etc.

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 05:57 PM

He's actually a pretty intelligent guy, which is what makes all of this even more embarrassing.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 05:57 PM
He's actually a pretty intelligent guy, which is what makes all of this even more embarrassing.

Not to me.

You don't have to be dumb to make bad decisions.
His biggest problem is his sense of entitlement.
The sports world and its accompanying culture doesn't exactly help with that.
He's a player who really isn't equipped to handle all it comes along with.

I think he'll be a great guy once the lights go off and he's no longer playing football.

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM
Not to me.

You don't have to be dumb to make bad decisions.

I'd say what he did is pretty fucking stupid, and most savvy individuals would not make such a decision.

He's a wannabe, and an embarrassingly poor one at that.

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 06:01 PM
To your addition: I don't think he feels entitled at all. I think he feels excluded and embarrassed that his upbringing wasn't nearly as difficult as the identity he desperately wishes to assume.

No one's fault but his own that he's so immature in this capacity.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd say what he did is pretty fucking stupid, and most savvy individuals would not make such a decision.

What he did was stupid, but that doesn't mean that HE is stupid.
Smart people do stupid things all the time.

He's a wannabe, and an embarrassingly poor one at that.

I've always heard this and I'm not sure what people think he "wants" to be.
The common misconception is that he's a wannabe "gangster", but his behavior doesn't exactly line up with that.

Ultimately I think all he wants is to be fawned over like a celebrity.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 06:04 PM
To your addition: I don't think he feels entitled at all. I think he feels excluded and embarrassed that his upbringing wasn't nearly as difficult as the identity he desperately wishes to assume.

No one's fault but his own that he's so immature in this capacity.

I don't buy that at all. I think that's the often given explanation as to why he behaves he does by people who typically don't identify with the culture Johnson most identifies with.

It's a common misconception about youth culture overall.

"Gangsters" and "thugs" don't hang out at Blonde. They have no desire to.

KCWolfman
10-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I never have been an LJ fan, but I am a fan of free speech. This is just silly.

Kill a father, continue to play football. Charged with drunk driving and kill a mother, continue to play football. Steal cars, continue to play football. Do illegal drugs, continue to play football. Beat a woman, continue to play football. Help a friend attempt to hide a murder, continue to play football.

Say something bad and be denied any part of the NFL.

The organization should be ashamed.

patteeu
10-26-2009, 06:05 PM

"Hurled" is the wrong word to use here. He reportedly said it under his breath after telling reporters he had no plan to talk until Thursday and as they were turning to go on about their business.

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I've always heard this and I'm not sure what people think he "wants" to be.
The common misconception is that he's a wannabe "gangster", but his behavior doesn't exactly line up with that.

Ultimately I think all he wants is to be fawned over like a celebrity.

Many of his teammates come from an entirely different socioeconomic background, and I believe that LJ is embarrassed by his "easy" lot in life.

"99 problems"? LJ is a pretty unlikely wingman.

Micjones
10-26-2009, 06:07 PM

Kill a father, continue to play football. Charged with drunk driving and kill a mother, continue to play football. Steal cars, continue to play football. Do illegal drugs, continue to play football. Beat a woman, continue to play football. Help a friend attempt to hide a murder, continue to play football.

Or you can always just punch an assistant coach...
LMAO

Micjones
10-26-2009, 06:08 PM
Many of his teammates come from an entirely different socioeconomic background, and I believe that LJ is embarrassed by his "easy" lot in life.

"99 problems"? LJ is a pretty unlikely wingman.

We can agree to disagree.
His teammates who have different experiences typically hang out in VERY different places.

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 06:11 PM
We can agree to disagree.
His teammates who have different experiences typically hang out in VERY different places.

That's cool.

You seem to know more about this, for sure, so I could be completely wrong.

DomerNKC
10-26-2009, 06:14 PM

The organization should be ashamed.pillowbiters...

COchief
10-26-2009, 06:21 PM
ROFL

Did you need to quote the entire article dipshit? You were the first idiot to post, we would have known what you were "loling" about.

Mojo Jojo
10-26-2009, 06:34 PM

I guess you don't understand "Free Speech." It only applies to the government stopping it; not to someone's boss. Most real jobs have clauses in contracts/employee handbooks etc. that state if you say something in public relating to the inner workings of the company or detrimental to the company you can be terminated.

After meeting with Goodell last year I'm sure LJ is on a short leash, and he F'ed himself.

And yes those others should be out of work, but that happened on someone else's watch.

Bane
10-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Did you need to quote the entire article dipshit? You were the first idiot to post, we would have known what you were "loling" about.

Actually I didn't know I hit the quote button till after I had posted it to be honest.I guess I got my threads mixed up for a bit,as I had like 7 tabs open in my browser.

Oxford
10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
I guess you don't understand "Free Speech." It only applies to the government stopping it; not to someone's boss. Most real jobs have clauses in contracts/employee handbooks etc. that state if you say something in public relating to the inner workings of the company or detrimental to the company you can be terminated.

You'll never get in trouble for what you think, but open your mouth and bamo. Frankly I think LJ has an incredibly high opinion of himself, covering an inferiority complex. The problem is, he has never built any reputation for being a good guy/teammate so he's pretty exposed. I think he did this to try to get cut/released from the Chiefs so he can work on his contract for next year.

Warrior5
10-26-2009, 08:38 PM

KC, you bring up some very good points concerning infinitely worse offenses. Quite frankly, the league is being overly PC and should probably stay out of this.

But as far as the Chiefs organization... LJ publicly disrespected the coach. Whether anyone agrees with him is utterly irrelevant; he undermined the good order and discipline of this team for the last #$%^ing time. The absolute best thing for this team, this town, and Chiefs fandom would be a 0900 press conference tomorrow at Arrowhead with Hunt, Pioli, and Haley stating that this douchebag will not play another down in a Chiefs uniform.

Players of questionable character can go play for the Donks. I will not accept them as Chiefs, and I will "vote with my wallet."

blazzin311
10-26-2009, 09:18 PM

While I do think you bring up some very good point here all of which are true by the way, I just don't think LJ should be allowed to play another down for the Chiefs is all. I think that is the opinion of most people at this point. At least when it comes to us Chiefs fans. Frankly I could care less what the league does. Especially given your point that there have been far worse off offenses that have not been punished too severely. However, LJ is not buying into what the coaches and new regime at Arrowhead are trying to accomplish. So if he's not going to buy into this process, and he's going to continue to make unwise decisions that may or may not be considered detrimental to the team, then ship his ass out of town. Cut him or trade him. I don't care which, and for that matter I don't think it really matters which, as long as he isn't on the Chiefs roster anymore. He's had one two many chances with this franchise and I'd say he's about blown all of them. However I don't think there's any team out there that's going to be willing to do the latter. So he'll probably just be released outright, or suspended for the remainder of the season and released after the season is over.

soundmind
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
KC, you bring up some very good points concerning infinitely worse offenses. Quite frankly, the league is being overly PC and should probably stay out of this.

But as far as the Chiefs organization... LJ publicly disrespected the coach. Whether anyone agrees with him is utterly irrelevant; he undermined the good order and discipline of this team for the last #$%^ing time. The absolute best thing for this team, this town, and Chiefs fandom would be a 0900 press conference tomorrow at Arrowhead with Hunt, Pioli, and Haley stating that this douchebag will not play another down in a Chiefs uniform.

Players of questionable character can go play for the Donks. I will not accept them as Chiefs, and I will "vote with my wallet."

While I do think you bring up some very good point here all of which are true by the way, I just don't think LJ should be allowed to play another down for the Chiefs is all. I think that is the opinion of most people at this point. At least when it comes to us Chiefs fans. Frankly I could care less what the league does. Especially given your point that there have been far worse off offenses that have not been punished too severely. However, LJ is not buying into what the coaches and new regime at Arrowhead are trying to accomplish. So if he's not going to buy into this process, and he's going to continue to make unwise decisions that may or may not be considered detrimental to the team, then ship his ass out of town. Cut him or trade him. I don't care which, and for that matter I don't think it really matters which, as long as he isn't on the Chiefs roster anymore. He's had one two many chances with this franchise and I'd say he's about blown all of them. However I don't think there's any team out there that's going to be willing to do the latter. So he'll probably just be released outright, or suspended for the remainder of the season and released after the season is over.

o:-) Praise Jesus. o:-)

Can't trade him, but we don't have to play him. Priest, your records shall remain intact.