View Full Version : Chiefs Isn't it time for Pioli to give an interview? Public Comments?

FloridaMan88
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Close to the middle point of the season and during the bye week... seems like the right time for Pioli to come out from under Clark's desk and make a public comment or two about how he thinks things are progressing during year one of Pioli/Haley.

kstater
10-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Why should he?

FloridaMan88
10-26-2009, 06:26 PM
Why should he?

To explain the product being put forth by the roster he has assembled would be a compelling reason to speak.

kstater
10-26-2009, 06:28 PM
To explain the product being put forth by the roster he has assembled would be a compelling reason to speak.

Why would he need to explain? I'm fairly certain he answers to Clark Hunt. The days of Carl Peterson are gone, getting face time with the media isn't a priority anymore.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Great. Another Carl Peterson ball washer pining for the return of the king. Keep it up Smeagol.

http://sportjunkey.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/smeagol-bust_l-01.jpg

BigMeatballDave
10-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Do we really need someone to tell us the team sucks?

carlos3652
10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Myyy Precioussssssssssssssssssssssssss

Mecca
10-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Would would you like him to say?

Mr. Flopnuts
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Would would you like him to say?

It's a process. We're building not necessarily a team with the best 53, we're looking for the right 53.

Mecca
10-26-2009, 06:47 PM
It's a process. We're building not necessarily a team with the best 53, we're looking for the right 53.

That's basically all he would say.

He's not going to come out and say, I had a piss poor offseason, I vastly overrated the players on this team, Clark Hunt is cheap and won't let me sign high dollar FA's, I traded for a QB who isn't what I thought he was and I shit my pants during the draft.

KcFanInGA
10-26-2009, 08:16 PM

He's not going to come out and say, I had a piss poor offseason, I vastly overrated the players on this team, Clark Hunt is cheap and won't let me sign high dollar FA's, I traded for a QB who isn't what I thought he was and I shit my pants during the draft.

:LOL:

cdcox
10-26-2009, 08:22 PM

You left off:

"85% of this team will be out of the league in 2 years. We are just mailing in the season marking time until we can purge the roster. Mr. Clark Bar basically hosed the franchise by making me go through the motions of retaining Herm (yeah right Clark) and I missed out on all the coaches I wanted. Except for Shanny. We were this close, and then some stupid internet site ended up spooking him and he withdrew his name."

RustShack
10-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe fans just shouldn't be total fucktards and realize you don't turn a franchise around in one offseason.

Mecca
10-26-2009, 08:38 PM
You know what drives me insane, how if you are critical you are met with "you don't turnit around in a year" or something like that.

No one is fucking asking for playoffs or 10 wins. I'm asking for positive signs or progress we don't even have that.

Rooster
10-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Close to the middle point of the season and during the bye week... seems like the right time for Pioli to come out from under Clark's desk and make a public comment or two about how he thinks things are progressing during year one of Pioli/Haley.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Warrior5
10-26-2009, 08:46 PM
You know what drives me insane, how if you are critical you are met with "you don't turnit around in a year" or something like that.

No one is ****ing asking for playoffs or 10 wins. I'm asking for positive signs or progress we don't even have that.

Actually, we're not even treading water... we digressed half a season yesterday, and I'm still sick just thinking about it.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:48 PM
I think he could give a shit less to what a bunch of sports message board GMs really think about this team or whether or not we have progressed or regressed...

he would probably laugh in our faces and have us executed on the way through the parking lot...

This is gay, Should he answer questions or have an interview... I hope to god he has more important things to do...

Mecca
10-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Atlanta's owner thinks it's important what fans think....but hey he knows what he's doing, can't say the same here.

cdcox
10-26-2009, 08:52 PM
I hope to god he has more important things to do...

Trade deadline is past.

Too early to start working on his mock draft.

Exactly how many hours a week can you spend looking for 22 guys off the street?

Mecca
10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Trade deadline is past.

It can't be very long seeing as we only will take them from a few teams.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Trade deadline is past.

Have you seen this roster?

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Atlanta's owner thinks it's important what fans think....but hey he knows what he's doing, can't say the same here.
LMAO

Mecca
10-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Is it also funny that Haley is just as bad as Herm?

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 09:00 PM
Is it also funny that Haley is just as bad as Herm?

Sure is Mecca... Keep up the good fight...

Mecca
10-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Dude have you seen his game management?

You can hate Herm all you want but at this point we are no better off.

Skip Towne
10-26-2009, 09:07 PM

Sure is Mecca... Keep up the good fight...

Herm has won more games for the Chiefs than Haley has. Haley needs to stfu until he does something.

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 09:07 PM
Dude have you seen his game management?

You can hate Herm all you want but at this point we are no better off.

Yep, have seen it all....

At this point one offseason and 7 games in, I am not willing to take the gun and eat a bullet just yet...

After the last 3 years of Carl and Herm, I can wait a couple of years before I start bashing....

At this point we had nothing, were left with less and so far havent done much....

This offseason will be the telling sign for me...

Reerun_KC
10-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Herm has won more games for the Chiefs than Haley has. Haley needs to stfu until he does something.

Herm was 15 - 34 in 3 years....

Haley is 1-6 in less than half a season....

So logic says we make that comparison in 3 years right?

Cosmos
10-26-2009, 09:13 PM

No one is ****ing asking for playoffs or 10 wins. I'm asking for positive signs or progress we don't even have that.

Nobody expected playoffs in year 1, but nobody expected no measurable improvement at all either.

It's a fail at this point, and from what I've seen, I wonder if my own limited hopes for something positive was misplaced.

Christofire
10-26-2009, 09:39 PM
He's done two interviews in the last two weeks. One on 610 Sports, and one via kcchiefs.com's Ask the GM feature.
Posted via Mobile Device

soundmind
10-26-2009, 09:42 PM
This isn't a basketball team, so by shear numbers you almost have to expect struggles with this much change, and this many coaches and players. When you add to that sh*tpie recipe, the nearly complete void of talent on this roster, the only thing you get is this. It's not going to be easy, or fast. Herman, Carl and their staff were so bad, that this machine was absolutely clogged with turds. In one turn, Carl was gone and Herm was thought to be gone. Pioli was hired and an unfortunate courting period ensued. I don't think Haley was Scott's first choice. But I don't think any other coach of any quality was looking at Kansas City and thinking positively.

We should be looking for small steps and progression (see Mecca comment), and we're not seeing them, that's true. But look at what this team is trying to field this year...it's f*cking sad, and I pity Todd Haley. I think he's a good coach and he's only in over his head, because any human would be. Scott Pioli has what I have to think would be an awesome job of allocating the future of this team. Haley has to be patient and prey he's not the lamb out to slaughter before the team catches up to the idea.

This entire staff needs a looking over at year's end. We need better everything, but you can't scratch it all at once, not again.

KcKing
10-26-2009, 09:51 PM
He's done two interviews in the last two weeks. One on 610 Sports, and one via kcchiefs.com's Ask the GM feature.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was going to point that out, but couldn't decide if he meant more of a press conference... Ah Well...

DaWolf
10-26-2009, 10:19 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/video/

Scroll down to "Ask the GM" and he talks about what he's been doing...

Dave Lane
10-27-2009, 12:04 AM

I see positive signs in every game. Herm Edwards is not on the sidelines. Thats enough for me this year. Next year I want to see the OL get help and maybe a B+ - A NT. Then progress will come naturally.

Vince Lombardis love child with Bill Parcells raised by Bill Belichick could get more than 4-5 wins outta this group.

KCrockaholic
10-27-2009, 12:06 AM
I see positive signs in every game. Herm Edwards is not on the sidelines. Thats enough for me this year. Next year I want to see the OL get help and maybe a B+ - A NT. Then progress will come naturally.

Vince Lombardis love child with Bill Parcells raised by Bill Belichick could get more than 4-5 wins outta this group.

Whats a B+ - A NT?

Or maybe I should ask, who?

Mecca
10-27-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm sorry as a gameday coach Todd Haley has been as bad if not worse than Herm.

Hammock Parties
10-27-2009, 12:44 AM
I'm sorry as a gameday coach Todd Haley has been as bad if not worse than Herm.

Maybe. If he doesn't find the balls Herm misplaced we don't even score yesterday.

MadMax
10-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Also wher exactly on tis pathetic team does anyone see "younger players" developing and giving hope to the future? If anything they are gettin older and shittier...