PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Pioli and Haley Need the LJ Distraction

DeezNutz
10-26-2009, 11:05 PM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/1531827.html

Thereís no way I release Larry Johnson. No way.

Heís Scott Pioliís and Todd Haleyís most valuable player.

Within hours of the Chiefs turning in a Three Stoogeslike performance that called into question Haleyís competency to lead an NFL team and Pioliís sanity as it relates to Matt Cassel, Larry Johnson created a distraction that took the spotlight off KCís rookie coach and GM.

Hell, Iíd give Johnson a bonus, a laptop to carry to practice and the green light to tweet 24/7.

Short of Michael Jackson returning from the grave and announcing heíd sing the national anthem at the Chiefsí next home game, LJís tweet smack talk and locker-room F-bomb are the best thing that could happen to Pioli and Haley this week.

Look, Iím not condoning LJís actions. But a football player mumbling the F-word inside a locker room is about as surprising as a Klansman shouting the N-word at a cross burning, me passing gas at fat camp or an ESPN personality sexting with an intern.

Would the world be a better place if none of these things occurred? Absolutely. But there is little reason to act as if LJ didnít learn to be homophobic and insensitive the old-fashioned way. Football, like most male sports, is homophobic and insensitive. Coaches ó not all, but enough ó use the F-word. Four or five years ago Matt Millen, when he was the general manager of the Detroit Lions, used the F-word to describe a Chiefs receiver.

As for Johnsonís tweets about Haleyís credentials to be an NFL coach, the complaints that Haley never played the game?

I hope Haley and Pioli are not that insecure, because the truth is, there was no one inside Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday who didnít wonder about Haleyís qualifications. He coached like an amateur golfer.

Now is not the time to cut Larry Johnson. Pioli couldíve and shouldíve done that in February. LJ, pardon the cliche, is what he is. Heís a moody, immature weirdo who pouts when things go poorly and broods when things are going well.

The Chiefs could be 7-0, and thereís still a damn good chance LJ wouldíve done something stupid this week to disrupt the team.

I say hold on to Johnson until the end of the season, use him for what he has left to offer. Heís an excuse, a major distraction and a glaring example of Carl Petersonís ineptitude.

Iím not joking. Iím not being sarcastic.

I wrote at the beginning of the season that Haley made an error releasing Chan Gailey before the start of the season. Kansas City did not have the necessary personnel to field a legitimate offense. It was foolish for Haley to tie his reputation and any of his locker-room credibility to the 2009 offense. I was right.

Now that weíre seven games into this season, Haley and Pioli both need Larry hanging around as a reminder to fans and Clark Hunt that Peterson created this 2009 mess. Larry is a massive billboard who screams: ďKing Carl Did This.Ē

Iíd keep Larry at starting tailback and make him run the ball 20 times a game. Can you think of a worse punishment? You canít trade him. You might as well let opposing linebackers light him up 20 times a week.

For the remaining home games, Iíd run Jared Allenís Minnesota Vikings highlights on the Jumbotron, too.

Carl Peterson had a choice between Larry Johnson and Jared Allen. Peterson decided Allenís drinking was a bigger risk than Johnsonís mood swings.

If the Chiefs release LJ, the media are going to go back to focusing on Haley and Pioli. Weíre going to go back to the 22-guys-off-the-street countdown. Will Haley make it to three victories? Did Pioliís media tactics and insider trading with his New England homeboys and father-in-law contribute to a winning environment?

Without LJ, the story in Kansas City is the incredible arrogance Haley and Egoli displayed upon arriving here. They landed here convinced winning was their birthright, believing fear and intimidation fueled winning.

Without LJ, Haley and Pioli look like a couple of spoiled kids who donít even know when to punt, how to manage the clock or evaluate a quarterback.

Ari Chi3fs
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
heh.

Douche Baggins
10-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Four or five years ago Matt Millen, when he was the general manager of the Detroit Lions, used the F-word to describe a Chiefs receiver.

And Matt Millen's ass got relegated to the sidelines.

Larry can take his overpriced ward robe and douchey New York lifestyle to the set of Extra! He'd fit in well there.

KCrockaholic
10-26-2009, 11:13 PM
Fatass is a moron. That was horrible, KCstar should hire Claythan for this week.

tonyetony
10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
OMG I think he's right for once. Commence lightning bolts.

Douche Baggins
10-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Fatass is a moron. That was horrible, KCstar should hire Claythan for this week.

http://i38.tinypic.com/20z7dhv.gif

LaChapelle
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Have a stand and twist things to fit your agenda. Big Sexy lurks and learns.

BryanBusby
10-26-2009, 11:17 PM
The difference between Millen calling Morton a faggot and what LJ did was Millens case was basically an account of what took place from a 3rd party. LJ decided to toss it over Twitter and say it to reporters that were recording. That in essence makes LJ dumber than the worst General Manager, ever.

Can't necessarily disagree with this article.

tonyetony
10-26-2009, 11:20 PM
OMG I think he's right for once. Commence lightning bolts.

I'm with him, run the life out of his ass and make him as worthless as we can for anyone else after we cut him in the offseason. That puts the punishment of this worthless season squarely where it should be.

Douche Baggins
10-26-2009, 11:21 PM
Have a stand and twist things to fit your agenda. Big Sexy lurks and learns.

True. I was expecting Whitlock to write something like this:

LJ ANOTHER STRIKE AGAINST PIOLI

Larry Johnson should have been cut months ago. Scott Egoli and Odd Haley misjudged his remaining talent, believing he was something else than the worst starting running back in the NFL.

That was apparent to anyone weeks ago, but the fact Johnson continues to start is baffling. etc etc etc

Douche Baggins
10-26-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm with him, run the life out of his ass and make him as worthless as we can for anyone else after we cut him in the offseason. That puts the punishment of this worthless season squarely where it should be.

Watch him start to dog it on every run now. He'll head for the sidelines if it's a pitch play. Forget broken tackles.

He "apologized" last year and didn't run hard at all once the Chiefs were out of contention. There was a noticeable difference in the effort he played with when you compared Week 1 to Week 16.

T-post Tom
10-26-2009, 11:24 PM
And Matt Millen's ass got relegated to the sidelines.

Larry can take his overpriced ward robe and douchey New York lifestyle to the set of Extra! He'd fit in well there.

Wow. Grace under pressure. These must be trying times for you. :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsQOVYAsEms&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OsQOVYAsEms&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Guru
10-26-2009, 11:24 PM
I am disappointed in your Jason. Now it is truly evident just how big a dumbshit you really are.

T-post Tom
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM
I am disappointed in your Jason. Now it is truly evident just how big a dumbshit you really are.

eh...maybe not. having a ready-made bogeyman can make life easier sometimes. just ask any politician.

DaneMcCloud
10-26-2009, 11:28 PM

Time and time again, you prove that you're a fucking retard.

Question: Does it actually hurt to be that fucking stupid?

scott free
10-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Carl Peterson = One of the 5 Worst GM's Ever.

He singlehandedly felled this place, set the charges on every important pillar and dropped it, like Gilberry taking 240 pounds of Giant to the face.

All of the old talk of 'Carl the Ballsy, Badass Negotiator'...HAAA!...thats what agents & other GM's spoon fed his stupid ass so they could rape us blind in every Swindly Trade & Contract.

'You really know how ta put the screws to'em Carl, God, i love your style... anyhoo, would a '69 Cuda & a night with my wife be enough for Jared?...'

God Bless all of us Poor Bastards.

Mecca
10-27-2009, 12:51 AM
I think it's funny to see anyone say it's a shitty article when it makes perfect sense.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 12:54 AM
I think it's funny to see anyone say it's a shitty article when it makes perfect sense.

That's because most Chiefs fans believe they're just a player away to 8-8 or "The Tournament".

The fucking sham that's been perpetrated amongst Chiefs fans is absolutely criminal.

To bad that most will never understand or realize it.

Fruit Ninja
10-27-2009, 01:05 AM
Eh, its an bleh article, i think he made some points, but i would just keep him, and have him inactive the rest of the year. Or make him suit up every game and dont even use him.

He needs to be disciplined in some fashion.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2009, 01:11 AM
He picked up on the discourse that started to circulate here over Oedipus Pioli's moves.

Let's see if he keeps driving that point home.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I wrote at the beginning of the season that Haley made an error releasing Chan Gailey before the start of the season. It was foolish for Haley to tie his reputation and any of his locker-room credibility to the 2009 offense. I was right.No Jason, you weren't.

Haley took the bullet for long-term success.

That was all that was about and nothing more. I wish people would stop criticizing Haley over it. He did what had to be done.

If he had waited until the offseason the Chiefs would have been that much behind in their preparation for 2010. Instead, the players will now have a FULL 16 games practicing HIS playbook and HIS offense.

kysirsoze
10-27-2009, 01:16 AM
I undrstand the political advantage of keeping him, but that is one thing I've respected so far out of this regime. They fired Gailey even though he was a ready-made scape goat. Haley takes responsibility for our sucking. I think keeping LJ would do more to set a toxic tone in the locker room than it would to insulate Pioli/Haley from criticism and scrutiny.

Mecca
10-27-2009, 01:19 AM
You may love it but it's an easy way to get fired very quickly.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 01:27 AM
You may love it but it's an easy way to get fired very quickly.

If they keep Chan Gailey's offense maybe they win two more games.

If they spend the year learning Haley's and hit the ground running in training camp...all the more better for '10.

Silock
10-27-2009, 06:21 AM
It's not an inaccurate article, but it's still stupid.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2009, 06:46 AM
Carl Peterson = One of the 5 Worst GM's Ever.

Ill say it once again....Petersons problem was he overstayed his welcome by 10 years. If had left with Marty in 98 he would be a KC Legend.

InChiefsHell
10-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Ill say it once again....Petersons problem was he overstayed his welcome by 10 years. If had left with Marty in 98 he would be a KC Legend.

Yep. Much like Marty is...

KCUnited
10-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow, he got off Haley and Pioli long enough to jump back on Carl, surprising. And I don't mind the pillowbiter thing, maybe because I'm insensitive or maybe because I hear it multiple times a day. What I do have a problem with is LJ turning against a guy who's given him an opportunity and really given him the ball more than he should (yes that can be attributed to another Haley poor decision), and for that, this assclown doesn't deserve to see the field. I'd much rather see his career as a Chief end while sitting on the sideline with a TLC song stuck in his head. It would be like being locked in prison, living in a city you hate, but you can't get out.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 08:12 AM
It would be like being locked in prison, living in a city you hate, but you can't get out.

Buried alive...buried alive...

http://tyroshutterbug.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/wrath-of-kahn-2.jpg

dirk digler
10-27-2009, 08:16 AM
Ha ha this is awesome

"So itís obvious Haley isnít losing any sleep over Johnsonís comments. In fact, according to one report, he waltzed into KCís team meeting Monday with a golf cap on, much to the amusement of his team Ė everyone except Johnson, who apparently wouldnít even make eye contact with his head coach."

stevieray
10-27-2009, 08:18 AM
distraction? hardly.

LJ is a subtraction. by his own doing.

Doesn't help Haley, but it does help whiners whine.

jidar
10-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Whitlock is seriously overestimating the importance of the media if he thinks that they're going to make roster decisions based on news stories.

notorious
10-27-2009, 08:21 AM
Ha ha this is awesome

"So itís obvious Haley isnít losing any sleep over Johnsonís comments. In fact, according to one report, he waltzed into KCís team meeting Monday with a golf cap on, much to the amusement of his team Ė everyone except Johnson, who apparently wouldnít even make eye contact with his head coach."

Nice

Demonpenz
10-27-2009, 08:28 AM
damn Whitlock good idea. I don't know if this is your true feelings, but writing something original was nice.

The Rick
10-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Ha ha this is awesome

Ha! That is awesome!

KCtotheSB
10-27-2009, 08:29 AM
Ha ha this is awesome

Ok, that's awesome.

Reerun_KC
10-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Yep. Much like Marty is...

You son of a bitch....

Thankfully I am sending my laptop in today for a new keyboard... That was the funniest thing I have read all day, now there is tea coming out of my nose...

Marty that little regular season player and post season slut... ROFL

Lex Luthor
10-27-2009, 08:51 AM
You son of a bitch....

Thankfully I am sending my laptop in today for a new keyboard... That was the funniest thing I have read all day, now there is tea coming out of my nose...

Marty that little regular season player and post season slut... ROFL
Yeah, we're much better off these days. :rolleyes:

Reerun_KC
10-27-2009, 09:00 AM

True, I having trouble finding places for all my playoff and super bowl memorabilia from the 90's... Maybe I should build a trophy room... No wonder the Chiefs had to remodel Arrowhead... No room to store all those trophies...

Sad fact is, we haven't win shit and for the foreseeable future we aren't going to win shit since 1988...

Reerun_KC
10-27-2009, 09:03 AM

Look dude, I really dont want to reharsh the failures of Marty over and over...

I just thought it was funny... some love Marty and his 9-7 quest.... Others think he is a post season fraud...

Me personally, I like Marty as about as much as I like Herm.... so lets just leave Marty to the pain of the past....

Marcellus
10-27-2009, 09:04 AM
I can see where the usual suspects here are claiming this is a good Twitlock column.

Twitlock is giving LJ a pass on the faggot comment like it is not big deal and should be looked at as normal locker room talk. This is a guy that uses the race card any chance he gets yet an obvious bigoted epitaph can be brushed off to focus on the HC and GM.

He is a hypocrite just like the usual suspects around here.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-27-2009, 09:56 AM
I can see where the usual suspects here are claiming this is a good Twitlock column.

Twitlock is giving LJ a pass on the faggot comment like it is not big deal and should be looked at as normal locker room talk. This is a guy that uses the race card any chance he gets yet an obvious bigoted epitaph can be brushed off to focus on the HC and GM.

An epitaph is an inscription on a gravestone, you dumb motherfucker.

Epithet. The word is epithet.

DaWolf
10-27-2009, 09:58 AM

Twitlock is giving LJ a pass on the pillowbiter comment like it is not big deal and should be looked at as normal locker room talk. This is a guy that uses the race card any chance he gets yet an obvious bigoted epitaph can be brushed off to focus on the HC and GM.

You expected something else from a guy who held up a "Bledsoe is gay" sign in the pressbox during a game?

Reerun_KC
10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
You expected something else from a guy who held up a "Bledsoe is gay" sign in the pressbox during a game?

Whitlock is trying his hardest to stay relevant at this point... Why anyone would actually read anything his racists Stephen A Smith wanna be ass is be is beyond me....

Marcellus
10-27-2009, 10:03 AM
An epitaph is an inscription on a gravestone, you dumb mother****er.

Got it, but you understand what I was saying.

Baby Lee
10-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Look dude, I really dont want to reharsh the failures of Marty over and over...

I just thought it was funny... some love Marty and his 9-7 quest.... Others think he is a post season fraud...

Me personally, I like Marty as about as much as I like Herm.... so lets just leave Marty to the pain of the past....

9-7 Quest? They were 9-7 twice in 10 years, and outside the first year and last year [once when they were starting the rebuild after nearly 20 moribund years, and once when he lost the team and left], those two 9-7 years were the worst records he had.

Skip Towne
10-27-2009, 10:49 AM
9-7 Quest? They were 9-7 twice in 10 years, and outside the first year and last year [once when they were starting the rebuild after nearly 20 moribund years, and once when he lost the team and left], those two 9-7 years were the worst records he had.

Yeah, Reerun likes bumbling and stumbling around and going through coach after coach. He doesn't like the playoffs and prime time games.

LaChapelle
10-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Ha ha this is awesome

That's from Babb's locker room snitch, not Whitlock's.

EDIT: GoChief's locker room snitch not Babb's, my bad.

Rain Man
10-27-2009, 11:00 AM
An epitaph is an inscription on a gravestone, you dumb mother****er.

You'd be surprised how often that mixup results in a tombstone inscribed only with the word "F***".

SDChiefs
10-27-2009, 11:07 AM
No Jason, you weren't.

Haley took the bullet for long-term success.

That was all that was about and nothing more. I wish people would stop criticizing Haley over it. He did what had to be done.

If he had waited until the offseason the Chiefs would have been that much behind in their preparation for 2010. Instead, the players will now have a FULL 16 games practicing HIS playbook and HIS offense.

What offense is that? Run a mid draw every third and/or 4th down play.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 11:10 AM
If they keep Chan Gailey's offense maybe they win two more games.

If they spend the year learning Haley's and hit the ground running in training camp...all the more better for '10.

I don't buy this at all, especially when it's likely that most of the players on offense should be gone this offseason, save Wade, Bowe, Cassel, Charles and Albert.

"Sacrificing" a season is never a good thing, Clay.

Chiefnj2
10-27-2009, 11:14 AM
What exactly is Haley's offensive system, other than 3rd and long draw plays that only go for 1 yard and short passes?

Fish
10-27-2009, 11:16 AM
What exactly is Haley's offensive system, other than 3rd and long draw plays that only go for 1 yard and short passes?

It's like R2P2... only more dangerous...... whooooooo....

TEX
10-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Whitlock is right on all counts with this one folks. Especially the part about keepig LJ over JA.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 12:24 PM
I don't buy this at all, especially when it's likely that most of the players on offense should be gone this offseason, save Wade, Bowe, Cassel, Charles and Albert.

"Sacrificing" a season is never a good thing, Clay.

Why not? Why is it so important to win two more games and then scrap the offense?

The more well versed your top quarterback and receiver in the offense are ALONE is a good enough reason to implement his offense ASAP.

This whole year is for shit. You know that. They would be stuck in neutral running Chan's offense. It would be like starting Damon Huard.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Why not? Why is it so important to win two more games and then scrap the offense?

The more well versed your top quarterback and receiver in the offense are ALONE is a good enough reason to implement his offense ASAP.

This whole year is for shit. You know that. They would be stuck in neutral running Chan's offense. It would be like starting Damon Huard.

If the whole year is shit, like you said, then why not run a proven, successful offense, albeit different from Haley's?

The fans aren't going to the games and I guarantee there will be blackouts, the team isn't scoring - What the fuck? Are they trying to massively devalue the entire franchise in one season?

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 12:41 PM
If the whole year is shit, like you said, then why not run a proven, successful offense, albeit different from Haley's?

I just don't see the point in Haley doing something if it's not the right thing to do for the long-term success of the team. Maybe it's not, but if HE thinks it is, he has to do it. He saw a problem and he attempted to fix it at the first opportunity.

I'm not gonna rip him over it.

Raised On Riots
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM
This article is awesome in every possible way, especially the parts about management and coaching.

chuxtrux
10-27-2009, 01:43 PM
That's because most Chiefs fans believe they're just a player away to 8-8 or "The Tournament".

The ****ing sham that's been perpetrated amongst Chiefs fans is absolutely criminal.

To bad that most will never understand or realize it.

I know!! We are so smart because we both know the Chiefs are bad and it will take multiple players/roster changes to turn this team around. Nobody else understands this but us. I think more people need to know how much we know about football. :rolleyes:

Marcellus
10-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Whitlock is right on all counts with this one folks. Especially the part about keepig LJ over JA.

Not exactly sure what that has to due with his story. That's a dig at CP not Pioli.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I just don't see the point in Haley doing something if it's not the right thing to do for the long-term success of the team. Maybe it's not, but if HE thinks it is, he has to do it. He saw a problem and he attempted to fix it at the first opportunity.

I'm not gonna rip him over it.

You're not going to rip him over it?

Even though the Chiefs are on pace to score only 240 points all season while being on pace to give up 414?

He deserves every ounce of criticism thrown his way.

And probably more.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 03:31 PM
You're not going to rip him over it?

Even though the Chiefs are on pace to score only 240 points all season while being on pace to give up 414?

He deserves every ounce of criticism thrown his way.

And probably more.

He gets ripped if it doesn't pay off long term.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 03:35 PM
He gets ripped if it doesn't pay off long term.

He deserves to get ripped now.

He's not done what Josh McDaniels did in Denver - as a matter of fact, he's done the polar opposite.

This team is worse than last year in every phase of the game, despite 20 new players and an NFL draft.

That's something that none of us thought possible - you included.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 03:37 PM
This team is worse than last year in every phase of the game, despite 20 new players and an NFL draft.

The specials teams are improved.

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/rocky.jpg

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 03:40 PM
The specials teams are improved.

Really? I guess I just don't see it.

Colquitt's better because he's not injured and Succop is the best kicker the Chiefs have had in years but the coverage hasn't been particularly "special" and special teams gave up a blocked punt for a touchdown.

Yep, not seeing it.

ChiefMojo
10-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Another thing to remember is we do NOT have Tony G. at our disposal. The gimmick spread we ran last year does us no good this year without Tony. With that said, now one of the idiots on here is going to cry that it is Pioli's fault for trading Tony just so we can get two more sorry stinking wins!

I actually agree with GoChiefs on this. In the present it seems like a bad move to the cry babies that just want to live in the now. In the future it was the smart move. We aren't running Chan's crap anymore. Sure Haley's might not be any better, but at least the team is learning his offense and not prolonging the death of Chan's gimmick offense.

We have to many "experts" on this board that like to bish and moan over every little move everyone makes, but don't want to take in account of the big picture. Then again they would bish and moan over something else.

It is funny and like clock work. Sure Sh*tlock made sense in much of the article, but he lives in a world of politics. He is always worrying about how your ruining your out cards and now that the blame is squarely on Haley/Pioli's shoulders. Maybe they want it that way? Maybe they don't want excuses? If they are going to fail, at least they are going to do it their way and not be political about it. That junk is for losers and some on this board actually like it!

Burn away! ROFL

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Really? I guess I just don't see it.

Colquitt's better because he's not injured and Succop is the best kicker the Chiefs have had in years but the coverage hasn't been particularly "special" and special teams gave up a blocked punt for a touchdown.

Yep, not seeing it.

Actually they have some of the best coverage units in the league. Just a couple weeks ago they were the top ranked coverage units and I'm sure that hasn't changed much.

Kick returns and field position have definitely improved.

Too bad the rest of the team is shit!

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Actually they have some of the best coverage units in the league. Just a couple weeks ago they were the top ranked coverage units and I'm sure that hasn't changed much.

Kick returns and field position have definitely improved.

Too bad the rest of the team is shit!

Dude, the Chiefs are 28th in kick return yardage and 28th in punt return yardage.

That's not so hot.

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Dude, the Chiefs are 28th in kick return yardage and 28th in punt return yardage.

That's not so hot.

I guess you can find a stat to prove anything. But they have improved, that much is clear. And the coverage units are outstanding.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 04:07 PM
I guess you can find a stat to prove anything. But they have improved, that much is clear. And the coverage units are outstanding.

LMAO

Are you implying that the stats are misleading in this case?

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 04:10 PM
LMAO

Are you implying that the stats are misleading in this case?

All I'm implying is that the Chiefs have improved their kick returns. Last year it seemed like we started every drive at the 20-yard line.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 04:11 PM
All I'm implying is that the Chiefs have improved their kick returns. Last year it seemed like we started every drive at the 20-yard line.

You're right.

Last year, the Chiefs were ranked 30th to end the season in kick returns.

This year, they've moved all the way to 28th.

Success!

Douche Baggins
10-27-2009, 04:24 PM
You're right.

Last year, the Chiefs were ranked 30th to end the season in kick returns.

This year, they've moved all the way to 28th.

Success!

I'd like to see the comparison in average starting field position...can't find the stat.

Also, I don't know what stats YOU'RE looking at but the Chiefs are 21st in average kickoff return and 17th in average punt return.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 04:33 PM
I'd like to see the comparison in average starting field position...can't find the stat.

Also, I don't know what stats YOU'RE looking at but the Chiefs are 21st in average kickoff return and 17th in average punt return.

You're right, I was looking at the damn thing wrong.

They're fifth overall in punt return yardage allowed.

They're 17 overall in punt return yardage (down from 15th in 2008).

They're tied for 21st with Miami (you don't say?) for kick return yardage (last year, they were 26th).