PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Judge: Truth is, L.J. dares Chiefs, NFL to suspend him -- so do it...

DaWolf
10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Truth is, L.J. dares Chiefs, NFL to suspend him -- so do it (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12429739)

The Kansas City Chiefs and/or the NFL -- take your pick -- have no choice. First they must find out if running back Larry Johnson owns up to the allegations of the past two days. Then, if he does, they must suspend him.

It's pretty basic stuff. Johnson bashes his head coach on a Twitter account that is alleged to be his; then, according to reporters, he uses a homophobic slur when they approach him in the locker room the next day. So Larry Johnson isn't the first guy to act like a child. Then treat him like a child.

This is no different than the Brandon Marshall mess in Denver. The controversial wide receiver wasn't happy with his situation or his head coach earlier this year so he thought he would "express himself," much as Johnson did in Kansas City. Marshall jogged through practice, batted down passes thrown at him and, in general, behaved like a jerk.

So the Broncos suspended him.

Beautiful. It was the perfect punishment to fit the crime. Marshall was testing a rookie head coach already under fire for the controversial trade of quarterback Jay Cutler and was determined to stop at nothing to get himself out of Denver. But he forgot something along the way: He doesn't get to make that decision; the front office and head coach do. So they made up their minds, and Marshall sat down.

Simple as that.

Marshall fought the law, and the law won. Which is the way it is supposed to be. Which is the way it should be in Kansas City -- provided, of course, that Johnson is responsible for what has been going on the past two days. All I know is that he had an opportunity to explain himself to reporters and declined. Worse, he used a gay slur.

That's where the league gets involved, and it should. Behavior like that can't and won't be tolerated, and if the NFL finds Johnson guilty it can beat the Chiefs to a verdict. Something needs to be done, and done soon. Denver's Josh McDaniels didn't waste time sitting down Marshall, and look what happened. The guy figured out who's the boss, that what he did was wrong and tried to make amends.

I don't know if that happens here, but it's worth a shot. Like Marshall, Johnson is challenging a rookie head coach, testing him to see what he will and won't tolerate. I don't know if Todd Haley gets to Johnson before the NFL, but if he does -- and if he finds Johnson did, in fact, behave like an uncaring, self-absorbed moron -- he needs to follow McDaniels' lead. Trust me, the rest of the roster is watching, eager to see how or if Haley and the Chiefs respond.

I heard someone say Tuesday morning that Haley never should have been hired in the first place, and that you must earn the respect of your players. Maybe. But that doesn't excuse what happened here. Haley is the head coach, and the head coach --- just by his position -- should have that respect. If he is pushed to earn it, then he is pushed to earn it. But he has no choice. He must act.

As I said, it's basic parenting. You try to guide a child through life and be there when he needs help or discipline. Children need direction, testing parents to see just how far the boundaries of authority extend, and parents generally respond by reminding them with quick and decisive action.

So make this quick and decisive. Someone needs to step in here and remind Larry Johnson that he is wrong for what he did and how he did it. I don't care that he's frustrated. I don't care that his offensive line can't open holes for him. I don't care that he's not the back he was two or three years ago. I don't even care that the Chiefs can't win. What I do care about is that he behaved in a reprehensible way, daring someone, anyone, to do something about it.

So do something.

Rooster
10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
[URL="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12429739"]
As I said, it's basic parenting. You try to guide a child through life and be there when he needs help or discipline. Children need direction, testing parents to see just how far the boundaries of authority extend, and parents generally respond by reminding them with quick and decisive action.

Too bad this child is 30 freaking years old. :shake:

InChiefsHell
10-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Suspend him, and then cut him after the suspension. Screw that guy.

NY CHIEF
10-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Can anyone say last straw.............:doh!:

Chiefnj2
10-27-2009, 02:59 PM

Why cut him? So he can get picked up by a team that might have a shot at the playoffs. Screw that. Let him waste away on KC's bench on a losing team.

TrickyNicky
10-27-2009, 03:01 PM
make him suit up and then fire him on the sideline in front of the cameras

Ralphy Boy
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM

Can't recall the process for suspending without pay, is it a 4 game? I say they take every dollar from him that they can and sue him for the remaining prorated portion of his signing bonus.

DMAC
10-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Dammit Carl. :cuss:

Johnny Vegas
10-27-2009, 03:09 PM
all of you are hypocrites if you think he's a child using the word fag. There should be a ticker for how many times thats been used on this board alone.

Tuckdaddy
10-27-2009, 03:18 PM
I agree 100% with putting LJ on the bench or suspension but truthfully he didn't say anything we all haven't said 1 million times. I'm in the military and hear that stuff 20 times per day. Gay people need to lay off.

seclark
10-27-2009, 03:22 PM
all of you are hypocrites if you think he's a child using the word pillowbiter. There should be a ticker for how many times thats been used on this board alone.

i thought he was a worthless pos before this last incident.
sec

DaWolf
10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Why cut him? So he can get picked up by a team that might have a shot at the playoffs. Screw that. Let him waste away on KC's bench on a losing team.

Bench? Nah, there's probably lots of other guys who would be more productive than him taking a spot on the bench. Suspended/NFI list? Why not. If I were Haley I'd have a man to man meeting with LJ, and if I don't hear what I need to hear, I'd follow up on whatever penalty he is going to get with what Tampa did to Keyshawn a few years back.

Marty feels that no one would touch him:

Marty on LJ: Who would want him in the locker room? (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1071)

Former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer said he would not be surprised to see the Chiefs run Larry Jackson "right out of town."

Speaking on his SIRIUS NFL Radio show today, Schottenheimer said of Johnson, who is being held out of team activities after his use of homophobic slurs the last two days:

"Maybe he thinks that he can force his way out (of Kansas City). Let me ask you this, of the other 31 teams in the National Football League, who in the world is going to bring him into their locker room?

"Whether they’re losing or, certainly they won’t if they’re winning. But, to me, the guy doesn’t have the skill level to warrant the kind of b.s. that they’re putting up with out there and I would not be surprised to see them run him right out of town.

"You know, at some point in time you’ve got to stand up for what you believe in. You know, you’re charged as a head coach and as a general manager (to) make tough decisions.

"Hell, anybody can make easy decisions. Make the tough decisions. Make sure there’s consistency about the way you go through that thing and ultimately you’ll be far further ahead than you might otherwise be.”

Schottenheimer expects Johnson to receive
at least a one-game suspension, whether it's from the Chiefs or the league.

"The bottom line is this," Schottenheimer said. "We’re either in this thing together or we’re not. Larry Johnson at this point in time, at the very least, warrants a one-game suspension and quite frankly maybe more than that.”

Bunit
10-27-2009, 03:25 PM

This. Suspend him 4 games since he won't get paid. Then bench him but make him come to practice everyday. If he doesn't show up for practice suspend him again. Or run him into the ground behind our awesome offensive line. Either or. Would like to not see him brake priest's records though.

kstater
10-27-2009, 03:27 PM
all of you are hypocrites if you think he's a child using the word fag. There should be a ticker for how many times thats been used on this board alone.

lol wut

Count Zarth
10-27-2009, 03:27 PM
Marty on LJ: Who would want him in the locker room? (http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1071)

Former Chiefs coach Marty Schottenheimer said he would not be surprised to see the Chiefs run Larry Jackson "right out of town."

Did the Star hire the former WPI editors?

Duck Dog
10-27-2009, 03:30 PM
I bet the NFL would take notice had he used a straight slur.

siberian khatru
10-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Larry Johnson at this point in time, at the very least, warrants a one-game suspension and quite frankly maybe more than that.”

Ah, classic Marty.

It's like turning on the car radio and hearing "Barracuda" and "Reeling in the Years" back to back.

TEX
10-27-2009, 03:46 PM
LJ knows what he's doing. He wants out of KC. This is his ticket...

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2009, 04:03 PM
I bet the NFL would take notice had he used a straight slur.

LMAO

That would be hilarious if in fact he had used the word "Breeders" in place of "fags".

BWillie
10-27-2009, 04:28 PM
all of you are hypocrites if you think he's a child using the word pillowbiter. There should be a ticker for how many times thats been used on this board alone.

I could care less if he used the word "f*g" or whatever. It's his pissy attitude and the fact that he went out of his way to publicly belittle his coach.

stumppy
10-27-2009, 04:59 PM
i thought he was a worthless pos before this last incident.
sec

I was hoping his inability / lack of effort to to do the job he is collecting a check for would be enough to send his ass packing. Should have known it would be his mouth that finally got rid of the worthless POS. The worthless turd should have been wearing a mask every time he picked up his paycheck the last few years.

Saccopoo
10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
LJ knows what he's doing. He wants out of KC. This is his ticket...

There is a part of me that thinks this is calculated to some degree. I imagine that the Chiefs trade to work some type of trade for Larry prior to the trading deadline, but were unable to find an acceptable offer. Larry, at this point, is pulling a Brandon Marshall and acting out in order to force the Chiefs to release him so he can head off to one of the east coast teams.

However, I'm not exactly sure how calculating Larry is and if he's capable of even pulling something like this off without completely ruining what little positive image he has left.

When it comes down to it, I think that it's just Larry being Larry, i.e., a petulant, somewhat immature individual whose been basically catered to his entire life. There seems to be an inner perception and desire for some level of entitlement within Larry's psyche. I think JoPo and Whitlock touched on a few of those possible issues which might have made Larry who he is, but I think that it has a lot to do with just who a person is from the get go. I've always been more of a John Lockean tabula rasa type of guy than the Hobbesian born good or born evil individual, and think that events have an impact on shaping a person to who they are and what they can become. But some people are just douchebags no matter what.

Larry wants to be put on the proverbial pedestal because he thinks he deserves to be there regardless of what his actions are. In fact, I don't think that he considers his actions as anything that should be taken into account in terms of the general populace's view of him. He's simply better because he believes that he is, regardless if he's not.

At this point, I don't think that it's in the Chiefs best interest to have Larry back with the team in any capacity. I'd ride him out on a suspension until the end of the season and try to move him for anything. A 7th rounder or player trade would be acceptable at this point.

Count Zarth
10-27-2009, 05:18 PM
LMAO

That would be hilarious if in fact he had used the word "Breeders" in place of "fags".

The NFL needs a ghey Leon.

It'd be TO x100.

stormtrooper
10-27-2009, 05:53 PM
the running game will still suck but cut his ass. STFU

burt
10-27-2009, 06:09 PM
the running game will still suck but cut his ass. STFU

IT SUCKS WITH HIM.