PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Albert

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:19 PM
So has everyone just given up on him already?

Iíve just read a couple of posts in threads stating something like: "Richardson should start because he handled Merriman"

Wtf is that shit? Albert was terrific last year and is going through a transition period, heís young and has almost unlimited potential and yet people canít deal with the growing pains..?

Besides Merriman is a shell of his former self and anyone who thinks otherwise obviously hasnít watched him this year, or is a Chargers fan...

It seems many on this board have double standards. "Lets start the younger guys so they can develop, even though there will be growing pains". "After all it doesnít matter cause we're a 2 win team this year anyway" and yet people are beginning to give up on Albert?

Seriously this shit is pissing me of...

End Rant...

petegz28
10-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Personally I would like to see Waters moved to Center, RG or Cut. Then you could move Albert to LG where he belongs.

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Yep, now that Albert is in shape and slimmed down, his best position would be guard.

Bust.

RustShack
10-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I still think Albert is better than any LT we can draft this year. And thats not saying that I think Albert is a great LT either, I know he would make for a better LG.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Personally I would like to see Waters moved to Center, RG or Cut. Then you could move Albert to LG where he belongs.

Seriously? You really think that after last year and combined with all his potential he has no ability to play LT???

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I still think Albert is better than any LT we can draft this year. And thats not saying that I think Albert is a great LT either, I know he would make for a better LG.

If Albert is a bust at LT, last year would have been the year to replace him.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2009, 08:29 PM
Albert is going to be fine. Let's not get this thing twisted.............

Mr. Laz
Seriously this shit is pissing me of...

End Rant...

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/cry-baby-girl-face.jpg

petegz28
Seriously? You really think that after last year and combined with all his potential he has no ability to play LT???

I never said that. I am just saying the kid is a LG. I would like to see him play LG.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Albert is going to be fine. Let's not get this thing twisted.............dude has been bad this year ... i'm talking Jordan Black bad.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Yep, now that Albert is in shape and slimmed down, his best position would be guard.

Bust.

Maybe we could slim him down further and play him at TE (tonys hole filled)... or even better slim him down even further and replace that bust at WR...

Deberg_1990
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
As long as Albert plays bad, hes a liablity. I dont care where he was drafted.

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Maybe we could slim him down further and play him at TE (tonys hole filled)... or even better slim him down even further and replace that bust at WR...

All good ideas.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
dude has been bad this year ... i'm talking Jordan Black bad.

Jordan black benefited from a line of not full retards...

LolÖ

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2009, 08:32 PM
dude has been bad this year ... i'm talking Jordan Black bad.

Not only is he battling the sophomore slump, but he's playing at a weight he probably hasn't been at in 5 years. It's going to take a little time for the little fella to get used to it.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM

Bust.

How is it Denver had one of the smallest O-lines in football and managed to run all over everyone?

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:33 PM
All good ideas.

Well seeing as theyíre not ex pats or 5 techniques we may as well try to get something from them before theyíre ultimately cut...

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:35 PM
How is it Denver had one of the smallest O-lines in football and managed to run all over everyone?

A system that utilizes athleticism.

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 08:36 PM

All systems in football are the same. Essentially, everyone runs the same offense.

Chiefs=Good
Not only is he battling the sophomore slump, but he's playing at a weight he probably hasn't been at in 5 years. It's going to take a little time for the little fella to get used to it.

FUCKING THIS!

Mr. Laz
Not only is he battling the sophomore slump, but he's playing at a weight he probably hasn't been at in 5 years. It's going to take a little time for the little fella to get used to it.maybe a break would help?

i'm not wanting the Chiefs to cut him but when a pass rusher can get to the QB in under 3 seconds without the left tackle even touching him ... yikes.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
All systems in football are the same. Essentially, everyone runs the same offense.

Except Andy Reid. That guy passes like 99.56% of the time.

Fruit Ninja
10-27-2009, 08:39 PM
i think Albert lost to much to fast and lose some muscle in the process. He's going to be fine once he regains his strength

DeezNutz
Except Andy Reid. That guy passes like 99.56% of the time.

I would, too, if I had Vick.

petegz28

So obviously being slimmer does not mean he can't play guard. I mean, it isn't like we are a huge, smash-mouth team.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
maybe a break would help?

i'm not waiting the Chiefs to cut him but when a pass rush can get to the QB in under 3 seconds without the left tackle even touching him ... yikes.

Oh, I hear you. And it sucks that the regression has been so severe. I just think he's dealing with a whole lot of change right now. Next season, he'll be back to kicking ass. This year really doesn't matter anyways. This team is going to be flipped next year and we'll have like 20 guys from this year on next year's roster.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2009, 08:40 PM
i think Albert lost to much to fast and lose some muscle in the process. He's going to be fine once he regains his strengthhopefully

If so this bye week might really help him.

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
So obviously being slimmer does not mean he can't play guard. I mean, it isn't like we are a huge, smash-mouth team.

Grunhard was on the radio not long ago, maybe last week...perhaps two weeks ago, and said that an NFL LT had to be, at minimum, 315 lbs.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I would, too, if I had Vick.

That guys a beast hes passed for like 1000 yards this season...

that or 50...

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:43 PM

for what we do it does i believe...

Mr. Laz
10-27-2009, 08:46 PM
for what we do it does i believe...
what do you mean?

we do nothing special on offense ... NOTHING. We might as well be running a preseason offense everything is so basic.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Grunhard was on the radio not long ago, maybe last week...perhaps two weeks ago, and said that an NFL LT had to be, at minimum, 315 lbs.

I am not arguing that the guy has lost too much weight. That is a separate issue. I just think skill wise he would probably be more at home at LG.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:52 PM
what do you mean?

we do nothing special on offense ... NOTHING. We might as well be running a preseason offense everything is so basic.

True knockings.. I guess we may as well try something to spice up our offense.. im still in favour of Slimming Albert down further and playing him at WR or something...

We could play him in the wild Albert Package, he blocks then swings out of the backfield to catch passes!!!

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
I am not arguing that the guy has lost too much weight. That is a separate issue. I just think skill wise he would probably be more at home at LG.

All I'm saying is that if he's too light for LT, he would get killed at guard.

He's an athletic specimen and will be fine once he polishes his technique and gets more comfortable at his new weight.

KCUnited
10-27-2009, 08:53 PM
The curse of Jared Allen.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:55 PM

No offense man but im going to have to disagree with you. To me heís athletic enough to play LT and the only reason he hasnít yet be a complete success there is his lack of experience imho...

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:55 PM

He's an athletic specimen and will be fine once he polishes his technique and gets more comfortable at his new weight.

This.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 08:56 PM

NFL.Com has Albert listed at 316 and Waters at 320.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 08:57 PM
No offense man but im going to have to disagree with you. To me heís athletic enough to play LT and the only reason he hasnít yet be a complete success there is his lack of experience imho...

Except he played LG in college. He may be athletic enough but does he have the skill?

Saleenman607
10-27-2009, 08:58 PM
If your not sure about Albert, check out goatcheese's GIFd up thread.
nuff said

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 08:59 PM
Except he played LG in college. He may be athletic enough but does he have the skill?

Thats right. thats what im saying mate.. He played LG in college hence hes obviously more comfortable there. Yet he has talent to play LT, he will pick up the technique as he goes along...

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Don't believe that's accurate.

Albert is around 300.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM

Albert is long and leaner. Waters is built like a fire hydrant, there’s not much difference in weight but their builds are extremely different.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Thats right. thats what im saying mate.. He played LG in college hence hes obviously more comfortable there. Yet he has talent to play LT, he will pick up the technique as he goes along...

Sorry, I guess with being a Royals fan I have just seen too much of us playing players at positions where they don't belong.

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 09:01 PM

Yes.

milkman needs to enter this thread or link some of his previous posts on this matter.

Mr. Laz
10-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Yes.

milkman needs to enter this thread or link some of his previous posts on this matter.
why ... so he can scream at everyone and tell them they are all morons?

i rather just talk about it without all the drama.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Yes.

Time will tell and we will probably never know about the LG position.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry, I guess with being a Royals fan I have just seen too much of us playing players at positions where they don't belong.

Heh all good mate. Well, we are Chiefs fans to, so im suprised we're not all used to it.. Bartee anyone..

:toast:

OctoberFart
10-27-2009, 09:06 PM

Bust.

You guys got bent all out of shape when I told you he was a G and not a T.

Chiefnj2
10-27-2009, 09:07 PM

He could play LG in the NFL in an offense similar to what Vermeil ran. Based on his college play he isn't suited for a more traditional smash mouth type offense. At Virginia they pulled him all the time where he had the fluidity to get to the 2nd and 3rd levels. There is a reason why he was switched to LT in the NFL and was being graded as a LT as the draft approached.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:08 PM

At Chiefs=Good (I=Suck) threads we try to keep it Civilized ... Please come again!

DeezNutz

He's provided some pretty insightful analysis about the line play.

petegz28
He could play LG in the NFL in an offense similar to what Vermeil ran. Based on his college play he isn't suited for a more traditional smash mouth type offense. At Virginia they pulled him all the time where he had the fluidity to get to the 2nd and 3rd levels. There is a reason why he was switched to LT in the NFL and was being graded as a LT as the draft approached.

That Vermeil offense really sucked, man!!!:D

DeezNutz
10-27-2009, 09:09 PM

The post you quoted was not in earnest.

He's a T, and he'll be a very good one.

Chiefs=Good

Maybe you should read the whole thread before commenting.. Heís not Gallery.

milkman
I never said that. I am just saying the kid is a LG. I would like to see him play LG.

Anyone that thinks Albert would be some kind of dominating LG in the NFL is an idiot.

He could be a good LG in the Donkeys old cut blocking scheme.

He'd only be a fair LG in this offense.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:10 PM

Yer this is what ive been saying lol...

petegz28
10-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Anyone that thinks Albert would be some kind of dominating LG in the NFL is an idiot.

In what offense? We have no offense.

milkman
10-27-2009, 09:12 PM

And I would guess you never actually saw him play in college.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:13 PM

This! Great summary. A good example of why Milkman has the right to get angry when people question his o line analysis..

milkman
10-27-2009, 09:14 PM

No, we goy bent out of shape because you're a useless bastard.

Chiefs=Good

And we hope to never have a functioning system in the future?

petegz28
And I would guess you never actually saw him play in college.

Honestly no, I don't watch a lot of college football.

petegz28
10-27-2009, 09:15 PM
And we hope to never have a functioning system in the future?

I don't think Haley is going to employ the smash mouth type of system if he has his way.

Ebolapox
10-27-2009, 09:15 PM
jesus fucking christ. this thread once more proves that the planet is full of dumbshit morons.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't think Haley is going to employ the smash mouth type of system if he has his way.

Just because we donít employ the cut blocking/finesse system doesnít mean we are smash mouth...

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:19 PM
jesus ****ing christ. this thread once more proves that the planet is full of dumbshit morons.

Lol.

Which side are you on?

Chiefnj2

Just curious, what do you think "this offense" is?

milkman

Our line blocjing looks about as basic as it gets.

We double down on the interior a lot, use tight ends on DEs, and do a lot of man up.

It's a pretty simple, man on man blocking scheme.

You need guards with power, and tha ins't Albert.

And much of Albert's problems stem from the fact that not only is he learning technique and he's lost a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time, but the scheme changed just two weeks before the start of the season.

That's a lot to adjust and adapt too all in a short window of time.

And people wonder why he's struggling?

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Our line blocjing looks about as basic as it gets.

We double down on the interior a lot, use tight ends on DEs, and do a lot of man up.

It's a pretty simple, man on man blocking scheme.

You need guards with power, and tha ins't Albert.

And much of Albert's problems stem from the fact that not only is he learning technique and he's lost a substantial amount of weight in a short period of time, but the scheme changed just two weeks before the start of the season.

That's a lot to adjust and adapt too all in a short window of time.

And people wonder why he's struggling?

So Alberts essentially on an island most of the time? Is that different from how other LTs play in the league?

milkman
10-27-2009, 09:22 PM
Just curious, what do you think "this offense" is?

I believe I answered that in the post following yours.

Ebolapox
10-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Lol.

Which side are you on?

albert has the athleticism to be an absolute beast at LT for the next decade. he lost some weight, had a scheme change, and he's honing technique and thinking too much instead of relying on pure talent/large weight (to gain leverage) and not playing instinctually. once he has the technique to the point it's instinct, he'll be back to dominating.

milkman
10-27-2009, 09:23 PM
So Alberts essentially on an island most of the time? Is that different from how other LTs play in the league?

Depends.

The Dolphins help out Jake Long with chips from the RBs or TEs quite a bit.

Other teams do some of that as well.

milkman
10-27-2009, 09:24 PM
albert has the athleticism to be an absolute beast at LT for the next decade. he lost some weight, had a scheme change, and he's honing technique and thinking too much instead of relying on pure talent/large weight (to gain leverage) and not playing instinctually. once he has the technique to the point it's instinct, he'll be back to dominating.

Spot on.

TheGuardian
Anyone calling Albert a bust at left tackle is a football mental midget.

Jake Long is struggling this year as well. Lots of guys have trouble in their second year after good rookie seasons. Albert will be fine. He's got all the tools/makings of an elite left tackle.

DeezNutz
jesus ****ing christ. this thread once more proves that the planet is full of dumbshit morons.

Do you post this in every thread? Because you could...

Chiefs=Good

Good to see your on the right side. Rep to you Sir!

Ebolapox
10-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Do you post this in every thread? Because you could...

heh, some more than others.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Depends.

The Dolphins help out Jake Long with chips from the RBs or TEs quite a bit.

Other teams do some of that as well.

Fair enough.. So i guess ideally we want to be able to leave him without help... Just thought id ask as you seem to know a lot on the subject... cheers.

Chiefs=Good
10-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Wow this thread has been a success! Kept it going lol!