PDA

View Full Version : Life Dogs Welcoming Home Soldiers

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Would have posted this yesterday if I knew about it then. http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/40324

At the link are about a dozen or more youtube embeds of dogs overcome with joy at seeing their masters/best friends come home after a lengthy absence. If you're a dog person these clips might just be tear-jerkers.

One example:
<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ysKAVyXi0J4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Cannibal
11-12-2009, 10:26 AM
That is so awesome.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2009, 10:32 AM
I fucking love dogs.

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 10:34 AM
ever had a hound or beagle? When you come home after you have been away they howl like they are in pain or something LMAO

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Thats why you have dogs and not cats.

You come home and cats could give a shit.......But a dog.....dogs know it when you serve your country.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 10:36 AM
ever had a hound or beagle? When you come home after you have been away they howl like they are in pain or something LMAO

My roomate had a beagle....all it did was howl and it was dumber than shit.

DJ's left nut
11-12-2009, 10:36 AM
In fairness, my dogs are only about 1/10th less excited than that when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Dogs are funny critters.

Still good stuff though.

Dayze
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
In fairness, my dogs are only about 1/10th less excited than that when I come in from mowing the lawn.

Dogs are funny critters.

Still good stuff though.

ROFL
Mine too.
they have no concept of time.

kcchuck
11-12-2009, 10:38 AM
great stuff!

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 10:40 AM

You come and cats could give a shit.......But a dog.....dogs know it when you serve your country.
My cat is awesome. She acts like a lot of the dogs in those videos, actually. She jumps up and hugs me and showers me with affection if I've been gone for more than half the day.

Frazod
11-12-2009, 10:46 AM

You come and cats could give a shit.......But a dog.....dogs know it when you serve your country.

My cat knows what time I'm supposed to get home from work and sits by the door waiting for me. Try again, dipshit.

This moron aside, that was a great video.

Pitt Gorilla
11-12-2009, 11:28 AM

Dogs are funny critters.

Still good stuff though.This. Dogs are simply great animals.

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I was talking to my friends the other day how I don't want kids, and they were like that is fine just don't be that person who has like birthdays parties for dogs. I am not going to invite people or anything, but I have to think it is perfectly satifying to give your dog a birthday party because you know they are going to eat the cake, probably the candles (lit) and not bitch about the 2 dollar toy you got them. I remember when I was a kid I bitched about toys my Grandpa (rest in peace) got me, what an asshole kid I was, i got spanked don't worry. Anyways don't have to worry about a young demon slamming his gobot on the ground because he wanted a Transformer for his 15th birthday

T-post Tom
11-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Dogs are great, but they'll never pick you up at the airport. :D

ChiefsNWildcats
11-12-2009, 11:44 AM

We have a beagle that's 6 years old. Easily both the smartest and the dumbest dog I have ever owned. He's so smart because we spent alot of time with him. He's so stupid because...well he's a beagle. haha!

6 years of working hard with him and he still craps on the floor. I can let him outside and he will spend 30 minutes out in the yard, but as soon as he comes in and noone is paying attention he will crap in the house. So I have to actually stand at the door and tell him to crap. It's like he doesn't know that he needs to until I tell him.

Other than that he is a very intelligent dog. It baffles me.

And yep, go to work and come home and he thinks you were gone for years. Especially with my wife. He goes insane when he hears the garage door.

Param
11-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Thats a nice video!

And someone has to always inject cats are stupid, dogs are great. I happen to like both cats & dogs.

big nasty kcnut
11-12-2009, 12:01 PM
My grandpa dog used to wait for him by the door when he got home. Then when grandpa died my dad who look like him the dog still waited for him.

BigRedChief
11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Yesh, that a cool video. But it still doesn't top the soldiers returning home and surprising their kids at school. If that doesn't kick in those allery's, you are dead emotionally.

PunkinDrublic
11-12-2009, 12:10 PM

You could come home late because you were out burying a dead hooker and the dog would still be glad to see you.

Jilly
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
awww, that video made me happy!

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
Is everyone clicking on the link to see the dozen other dog/soldier videos?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
When my Grandpa went to war in Korea, his dog waited for him at the edge of their property every day for 18 months.

That kind of dedication and loyalty is truly something to be marveled at.

Radar Chief
11-12-2009, 12:16 PM

Great rabbit hunting dogs but Iíve never seen one as a pet that wasnít a hard headed, floor peeín, noisy SOB.

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Great rabbit hunting dogs but Iíve never seen one as a pet that wasnít a hard headed, floor peeín, noisy SOB.

they can jump too

Jilly
11-12-2009, 12:17 PM

there's more? yay....I'm excited.

Radar Chief
11-12-2009, 12:18 PM

Yea, I've checked out several of them.
Sent the link to Mrs. Radar. Sheíll mist up over it.

Jilly
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
crap, I messed up my mascara

sedated
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
crap, I messed up my mascara

did sully give you the money shot?

Simply Red
11-12-2009, 12:42 PM
I like dogs better than people.

Jilly
11-12-2009, 12:46 PM
did sully give you the money shot?

I've washed my face since then

TrebMaxx
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Nice post! Rep to you.

KCUnited
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
That's how I'll be when my Chiefs finally come home.

38yrsfan
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Dogs are great, but they'll never pick you up at the airport. :D

No, but they can pick you out ......

ChiefsNWildcats
11-12-2009, 01:28 PM

We heard they made alot of noise before we bought ours, but also heard to train them to speak on command to alleviate the problem.

So we taught ours as fast as we could by sticking him on a stair as a pup and offering him a treat if he got pissed and said something about it. Worked like a charm. Aside from the Mrs. coming home from work he is practically a mute.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 01:34 PM
My cat knows what time I'm supposed to get home from work and sits by the door waiting for me. Try again, dipshit.

You're so full of shit.

So...try again dipshit.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 01:35 PM
You could come home late because you were out burying a dead hooker and the dog would still be glad to see you.

Burying dead hookers is hard work....just to let you know.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Took me a while to find this video. Because there are so many stupid cat blooper videos and such. Meanwhile there are ton of Excited dog videos when their owners come home. But I guess its just all a coincidence. When i watch this video all I have to say is ....WOW LOOK HOW HAPPY THAT CAT LOOKED!!!! It was locked out on the porch for 10 days, so it came in and start meowing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-uh7vnLVOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-uh7vnLVOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bunit
11-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Gotta love dogs. Loyal as can be. Good shit reaper.

Jilly
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
did that cat say meow or now?

Saulbadguy
11-12-2009, 02:00 PM
You're so full of shit.

So...try again dipshit.

Brilliant retort.

Frazod
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
You're so full of shit.

So...try again dipshit.

So your entire reality is only based on you tube videos? That's really ignorant - never mind, I forgot for a moment who I'm dealing with here.

I hate to break it to you, but you can't speak with any authority about what my pets do or don't do, any more than you can speak with authority about.... well, pretty much anything, you fucking idiot. If you don't believe me, I can assure you, I don't give a shit. We can simply add this to the long list of things you don't understand, like gravity and child-proof pill bottles.

Raised On Riots
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Yep, my buddy's Sheppard was like that. I wouldn't see him for a year or more and when I came to visit, he'd stand next me jumping all fours in the air for 5 minutes.
Damn that dog was awesome.

Param
11-12-2009, 02:20 PM
Took me a while to find this video. Because there are so many stupid cat blooper videos and such. Meanwhile there are ton of Excited dog videos when their owners come home. But I guess its just all a coincidence. When i watch this video all I have to say is ....WOW LOOK HOW HAPPY THAT CAT LOOKED!!!! It was locked out on the porch for 10 days, so it came in and start meowing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-uh7vnLVOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1-uh7vnLVOA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

So you don't like cats? Thanks for sharing.:rolleyes:

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Brilliant retort.

Chiefsplanet: The Mecca of brilliant retorts.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 02:26 PM
So your entire reality is only based on you tube videos? That's really ignorant - never mind, I forgot for a moment who I'm dealing with here.

I hate to break it to you, but you can't speak with any authority about what my pets do or don't do, any more than you can speak with authority about.... well, pretty much anything, you ****ing idiot. If you don't believe me, I can assure you, I don't give a shit. We can simply add this to the long list of things you don't understand, like gravity and child-proof pill bottles.

Sure I can......your a dude and a cat lover.....kinda makes you gay.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 02:27 PM
did that cat say meow or now?

You say yeah sure or yes sir.

Frazod
11-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Just like you being retarded makes your parents brother and sister.

Param
11-12-2009, 02:40 PM

So that's it? People are kinda gay for liking cats.

ROFL

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 03:02 PM
THE ARDVARK NOW THERE IS A PATROTIC ANIMAL TO HAVE ESPECIALLY FERICE WHEN YOU HAVE A PIECE OF LONG JOHN SILVERS FISH TO COAX HIM ON!!!

Frazod
11-12-2009, 03:13 PM
So that's it? People are kinda gay for liking cats.

ROFL

That and going to the theater. Or doing anything else that would scare or confuse your average caveman.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CoMoChief. :thumb:

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
fdasfd

Jilly
11-12-2009, 03:19 PM
how you all could turn a wonderful, joy filled thread into a fight, I will never know!!

Frazod
11-12-2009, 03:20 PM
how you all could turn a wonderful, joy filled thread into a fight, I will never know!!

Yeah, I probably should have just let it go. Sorry.

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
YEP

Jilly
11-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Yeah, I probably should have just let it go. Sorry.

I sentence you to watching the movie, The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 03:28 PM
d

Frazod
11-12-2009, 03:43 PM
I sentence you to watching the movie, The Truth About Cats and Dogs

Good luck enforcing that one.

The Poz
11-12-2009, 03:49 PM
If the wife and I have been out for a while we'll come home to the dog and both cats all looking out the window together.

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 03:52 PM
dogs and maybe cats can also reconize the exact sound of your engine.

Ari Chi3fs
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
So much pure happiness and bliss in those videos. How nice.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 04:03 PM
That and going to the theater. Or doing anything else that would scare or confuse your average caveman.

Welcome to the wonderful world of CoMoChief. :thumb:

Movie Theatre - cool
Going to an Opera, Musical or Broadway play - Gay

DJ's left nut
11-12-2009, 04:19 PM
dogs and maybe cats can also reconize the exact sound of your engine.

That's actually true.

One of my dogs took off and was gone for several hours. I was out on the motorcycle and the dogs know exactly how it sounds (or at the very least, what a V-twin sounds like...).

My wife gave up looking for him and called me home to help. As soon as I turned into the neighborhood he came flying out of the woods and followed me home.

It was the damndest thing. He's never chased a vehicle in his life so the only conclusion I'm left with is that he recognized the bike.

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 04:25 PM
Movie Theatre - cool
You're the worst person.

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 04:30 PM
Movie Theatre - cool

Have you ever been to one of these?

Raised On Riots
11-12-2009, 04:43 PM
You're the worst person.

I think it's funny. He exhibits every possible over-compensation in the "manly man" department, including an absurd hatred for cats and culture.

WTF, man?ROFL

Simply Red
11-12-2009, 04:45 PM
You're the worst person.

It's a lack of culture.

Fritz88
11-12-2009, 05:09 PM
what's that salty water coming from my eyes..fuggin' onions.

Fritz88
11-12-2009, 05:10 PM
That's actually true.

One of my dogs took off and was gone for several hours. I was out on the motorcycle and the dogs know exactly how it sounds (or at the very least, what a V-twin sounds like...).

My wife gave up looking for him and called me home to help. As soon as I turned into the neighborhood he came flying out of the woods and followed me home.

It was the damndest thing. He's never chased a vehicle in his life so the only conclusion I'm left with is that he recognized the bike.

or the smell of your armpit or butt crack. Both are plausible conclusions.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Have you ever been to one of these?

Yes...went to one with the gf and her family.......needless to say I didn't have a bit of fun, nor did I like the show.........other than being in choir back in HS I've never been a performing artsy fartsy person.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
That's actually true.

One time my Standard Schnauzer ran off.....couldnt find him after searching for hours. Just left the back gate open in case he came home. Next day still no sign of him. At this point I looked around the neighborhood but not for long....I either thought the worst...that he got hit by a car, or another and bigger dog attacked him, next morning there he was sitting at the back door. Just waggin his tail look hungry n thirsty as hell. I can't tell you the sigh of relief that I had that morning. I was happy as a fat kid in a candy factory. Whenver you lose a dog you love/part of the family it's like someone punching you in the gut.

Frazod
11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
I think it's funny. He exhibits every possible over-compensation in the "manly man" department, including an absurd hatred for cats and culture.

WTF, man?ROFL

Good point. Ever seen American Beauty? :D

Raised On Riots
11-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Good point. Ever seen American Beauty? :D

Yes indeed.:D

bevischief
11-12-2009, 06:34 PM
I ****ing love dogs.

I only have dogs, kids not going to happen too many health problems between the Mrs and I. We have 3 bassets 16,6,4 years old, I can't leave more than a couple of days without them all driving her nuts wondering where I am at.

Chiefs=Good
11-12-2009, 06:51 PM
how can you not love dogs

stevieray
11-12-2009, 08:20 PM
I've got to get video on here of my wifes papillion...Radar.

he waits by the window while she''s gone..recognizes her car, cries until she gets through the door..does three 360's in 7/10ths of second...then jumps at least two feet straight up into the air about four times... he weighs about six pounds. He's a cool little dog.

Thanks for the smile...:thumb:

Groves
11-12-2009, 10:43 PM
http://www.monsterlandtoys.com/video/Dog%20Soldiers.jpg

Raised On Riots
11-12-2009, 11:10 PM
http://www.monsterlandtoys.com/video/Dog%20Soldiers.jpg

Needs a good soundtrack, yes:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLeoeH5Bfmo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wLeoeH5Bfmo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LiL stumppy
11-12-2009, 11:27 PM

your such a douchebag. 95% of cats dont do that, which is why the guy said that moron. get a life

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 11:48 PM
your such a douchebag. 95% of cats dont do that, which is why the guy said that moron. get a life

No shit......and his cat probably doesn't even do that at all. He's probably just saying it for the sake of the argument.

Raised On Riots
11-12-2009, 11:52 PM

My last cat did the exact same thing. Perhaps your data is incomplete?

Frazod
11-13-2009, 01:20 AM

Oh, so you're HoMo's new cat-hating butt buddy now? Another expert on what 95% of all cats do? You must be a skilled veterinarian. Either that or an idiotic punk.

Frazod
11-13-2009, 01:22 AM
No shit......and his cat probably doesn't even do that at all. He's probably just saying it for the sake of the argument.

I don't need to lie to win an argument with you, dumbfuck. No one here does.

Jenson71
11-13-2009, 11:09 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kpohfny7jWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kpohfny7jWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 11:20 AM
I don't need to lie to win an argument with you, dumb****. No one here does.

Yes you do......because just about every house cat in the world could give a fuck about anything really. But that's the cat's "personality"