PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: Practice Report 11/12 Update

Tribal Warfare
11-12-2009, 02:58 PM
Practice Report 11/12 Update (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/practice-report-1112.html)
November 12, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

There are a lot of memories this week for Chiefs QB Matt Cassel. Last season as he was getting prepared to play the Raiders in Oakland, another situation came on his personal radar screen.

Cassel had to deal with the death of his father.

On Tuesday, December 9, 2008, Greg Cassel passed away in his home in San Bernardino, California. He was 57. Matt was in San Jose with the New England Patriots, who were spending the week in the Bay Area between games against Seattle and Oakland.

He spent several days with his family in southern California and then rejoined the Patriots. Cassel played against the Raiders that Sunday – five days after his father’s death - and threw four touchdown passes in a 49-26 New England victory.

This week has brought back the events of 11 months ago.

“There are a lot of memories and it will probably be a little emotional,” Cassel said after practice on Thursday. “What better way was there to honor him than to go up there on Sunday and we won.”

Cassel called the week “a whirlwind of emotion” as he left the team, returned to his family, and then returned to the Patriots.

“I came back and had a good discussion with Coach (Bill) Belichick and it was decided that I would be ready to go,” said Cassel. “Coach (Josh) McDaniels who was my (quarterback) coach last year was a rock for me during that time and really helped me. He just said whatever we have to do to get you ready for this game, let’s do it.

“It was pretty special, especially with the way the whole team reacted.”

The Chiefs got two players back to practice full-time on Thursday, as ILB Jovan Belcher and WR Chris Chambers took their regular turns during the morning session. Both were listed as limited during Wednesday’s practice; Belcher recovering from a blow to th head and Chambers with a sore foot. Belcher was in his normal spot with the nickel defense and Chambers was running all routes with the receivers.

Working in the rehab area where LBs Mike Vrabel (hip) and David Herron (knee). The Chiefs listed Vrabel as a limited participant in practice. It’s pretty apparent Herron is unlikely to play on Sunday against the Raiders.

OL Wade Smith was listed as limited with an ankle injury and FS Jon McGraw was a full participant as he recovers from what the club has called a thigh injury.

Pestilence
11-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Gat damnt! McGraw is healthy....so that means we go back to McGraw and Brown as our safeties.

Shag
11-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Gat damnt! McGraw is healthy....so that means we go back to McGraw and Brown as our safeties.

Maybe not. McGraw is listed behind Morgan on the depth chart...

jiveturkey
11-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Who backs up Vrabel?

Pestilence
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Who backs up Vrabel?

Studebaker?

blaise
11-12-2009, 03:05 PM
Jamarcus Russell is caught up in a whirlwind of emotion over a cheese steak he ate last week.

Hydrae
11-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Studebaker?

Everytime I see that name I want to reply "EDSEL!"

talastan
11-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Studebaker?

If he has to play I hope he shows the same motor that he did in preseason. Would be good to see him and Hali both get to JaFatass, since his weight alone requires two men to bring him down. Coverage is going to be a bitch this week though. Need to stop the running game and Miller.

DaKernal
11-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I would be very pleased to see Morgan start again this week, see what he does now that he has some real game time under his belt (plus, he has to be better than McGraw).

Also, wouldn't mind seeing Studebaker if Vrabel cant go.

SNR
11-12-2009, 05:07 PM
On a sidenote, what the fuck is up with QBs playing the Raiders after their dads die? Didn't Favre and Trent Green play the Raiders after their dads died, too?

Pink Paradise 2010
11-12-2009, 05:25 PM
On a sidenote, what the **** is up with QBs playing the Raiders after their dads die? Didn't Favre and Trent Green play the Raiders after their dads died, too?

lol, yeah and they both had great games.

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Someone quick... go kill Cassel and Brodie Croyle's dad. We need to win this game.

Pestilence
11-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Someone quick... go kill Cassel and Brodie Croyle's dad. We need to win this game.

Did you not read the article?

Quick! Someone go dig up Cassel's Dad and then kill him again!

TrebMaxx
11-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Might be a bit difficult as far as Cassel's dad is concerned.

TrebMaxx
11-12-2009, 05:59 PM

OMG! Zombie?

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 05:59 PM

We could find a necromancer, sure. Actually, Pioli himself may be one; he's certainly resurrected enough dead careers with this year's Chiefs roster.

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Might be a bit difficult as far as Cassel's dad is concerned.
I could have phrased it better. 2 murders: kill Cassel and kill Brodie's dad.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2009, 06:11 PM
I would be very pleased to see Morgan start again this week, see what he does now that he has some real game time under his belt (plus, he has to be better than McGraw).

Also, wouldn't mind seeing Studebaker if Vrabel cant go.

WTF ... Morgan played so great last week that he got replace midway by Leggett.

Morgan is NOT better than Mcgraw ... which is truly sad since Mcgraw isn't that good.

The most anyone can say is "I hope Morgan will become better than Mcgraw at some point"

thus far Morgan has been nothing but potiential.

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 06:12 PM
WTF ... Morgan played so great last week that he got replace midway by Leggett.

Morgan is NOT better than Mcgraw ... which is truly sad since Mcgraw isn't that good.

The most anyone can say is "I hope Morgan will become better than Mcgraw at some point"

thus far Morgan has been nothing but potiential.
I'm pretty sure that the safeties were rotating. Replacement is too harsh a word.

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 06:26 PM

Blick
11-13-2009, 07:14 AM
It would be nice to see McGraw and Morgan at safety and get Mike Brown the fuck off the field.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 07:17 AM

Stay classy.

Hog Farmer
11-13-2009, 08:22 AM
Releasing Pollard was just fucking stuped !

KC Tattoo
11-13-2009, 08:30 AM
Releasing Pollard was just ****ing stuped !

I think its the biggest mistake we made so far:cuss:

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 08:43 AM
Pollard was an amazing player with KC. He was solid back there at safety. Definite Pro Bowl material.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Pollard was an amazing player with KC. He was solid back there at safety. Definite Pro Bowl material.

Lets get real, the guy was underachieving here and he must've needed a change of scenery to get his shit together.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Pollard was NOT a good Safety.

He whiffed on big plays, used his shoulder to knock people over rather than wrapping up and took hideous angles on plays.

He spent more time looking at the back of a receiver running downfield than he did helping them off the ground.

Because he's had a couple of decent games with the Texans means nothing. He had a couple of decent games with us.

And a WHOLE lot of bad ones.

Not missing him at all.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Lets get real, the guy was underachieving here and he must've needed a change of scenery to get his shit together.

Don't you remember the petition to bring back Pollard signed by 20,000 fans? He should go into the ring of fame.

MVChiefFan
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
I swear to God!!! How many games would we win if we still had Pollard? You would have thought we cut Derrick Thomas for cryin' out loud. Get off it people...move on...we don't have Pollard, we're not going to have Pollard and we'll more than likely have Mays or Berry in his spot next year anyway. Which to me is a substantial upgrade and they haven't even played a down of pro football yet.