PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs NO RESPECT from Inside the NFL

Count Zarth
11-13-2009, 12:20 AM
They showed about five minutes of highlights from the Jags game.......zero mention of the late rally by the Chiefs. Not a frame of footage of our glorious almost-comeback.

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 12:21 AM
They showed about five minutes of highlights from the Jags game.......zero mention of the late rally by the Chiefs. Not a frame of footage of our glorious almost-comeback.

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

Uh...

KcFanInGA
11-13-2009, 12:26 AM
I'm used to being dissed by the media. We aren't winning games yet, so we gets no love. Does make me mad when the don't mention us and we were in the damned game though.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Does make me mad when the don't mention us and we were in the damned game though.

Riiiight :spock:

Raised On Riots
11-13-2009, 01:11 AM
I know it's been a long time, but we get no love even when we ARE the best in the West.

Fruit Ninja
11-13-2009, 01:13 AM
I know it's been a long time, but we get no love even when we ARE the best in the West.

I still have the sports illustrated magazine when the Chiefs were 9-0 and they lost that week to the Bengals i think it was? Its been since 2003 so my memory is a big shady.

THey got plenty of love with Priest and LJ. WHen you win, you get some love, when you lose, your the joke of the league. I Rather get 0 love then them getting the Raiders treatment of no one wants to coach that team because of AL Davis.

Raised On Riots
11-13-2009, 01:21 AM
I still have the sports illustrated magazine when the Chiefs were 9-0 and they lost that week to the Bengals i think it was? Its been since 2003 so my memory is a big shady.

THey got plenty of love with Priest and LJ. WHen you win, you get some love, when you lose, your the joke of the league. I Rather get 0 love then them getting the Raiders treatment of no one wants to coach that team because of AL Davis.

Not necessarily. Tell me about sweeping Denver AND Pittsburgh, clinching home field for the play offs, and then before the game, on TV, I gotta' watch Joe Fucking Walsh sing some Elway ass-kissing anthem set to his putrid, classic rock dinosaur "Rocky Mountain Way"?

And how could I forget Collinsworth, that entire fucking season, going about his usual "blah-blah-blah" in regards to everything KC?

NO love. NO respect. NONE.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-13-2009, 03:50 AM

****ING BULLSHIT!

Sorry, we did not 'almost' comeback. We were down three scores with less than a quarter to go..... the Jags let up as most teams do with a comfortable lead and little time left.

LaChapelle
11-13-2009, 03:56 AM
No respect
or showing mercy

LaChapelle
11-13-2009, 04:01 AM
Schlongbreath took a jab at Leggit holding the ball for the onside kick(they show the one that went the Jags way) on NFL Live. I seem to recall high winds being a factor in blowing balls off the tee, but ya know..

BossChief
11-13-2009, 04:17 AM
Sorry, we did not 'almost' comeback. We were down three scores with less than a quarter to go..... the Jags let up as most teams do with a comfortable lead and little time left.

If you have it recorded, go back and watch there defense and how much it did the exact opposite of what you said in the fourth quarter. They did not "let up" one bit. The play right before the first td pass, Cassel took a sack when they brought 6 for the QB. On the td pass, they brought 5 or six too. Those were very good passes under pressure and frankly, the first time all year where he looked like an NFL qb.

I dont like Cassel one bit, but he deserves credit for making some big throws under pressure late in that game. It surely wasnt even close to a prevent or a "call the dogs off" defense they did it against.

****ING BULLSHIT!

I cant say I blame them, their job isn't to cater to all the teams, it is to keep their watchers watching. I hate to say it but we are a small market team that is terrible (what is it, 3 wins in our last 33 games?). Not too many people, on a national level, could give two shits about the Chiefs except to make a joke or two. Same goes for the Jaguars as far as market size, but they are at least a .500 team and have a couple stars that people are interested in. We have Bowe and Charles and we must not like to get the ball to our playmakers because neither are getting the ball very much so, who cares?

In that respect, I would rather them leave us out for the time being.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2009, 04:49 AM

Yeah, but the Internet is huge now... it would be different now.

:D

Pioli Zombie
11-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Oh Boo fucking Hoo. The Chiefs get as much respect as the Patriots did until February 3,2002 when they won the Super Bowl. When you suck you get treated like suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
11-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Yeah, but the Internet is huge now... it would be different now.

Um, they suck. Now more people know they suck.
I remember a stand up joking when the internet was first coming out "oh great. Now all the ass holes can talk to each other and get connected. Just what we need"
Posted via Mobile Device

TEX
11-13-2009, 05:28 AM

****ING BULLSHIT!

Been over this a MILLION times in the past 4 years. The Chiefs have done NOTHING to DESERVE mention. Win some damn games first.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-13-2009, 05:29 AM
If you have it recorded, go back and watch there defense and how much it did the exact opposite of what you said in the fourth quarter. They did not "let up" one bit. The play right before the first td pass, Cassel took a sack when they brought 6 for the QB. On the td pass, they brought 5 or six too. Those were very good passes under pressure and frankly, the first time all year where he looked like an NFL qb.

I dont like Cassel one bit, but he deserves credit for making some big throws under pressure late in that game. It surely wasnt even close to a prevent or a "call the dogs off" defense they did it against.

I cant say I blame them, their job isn't to cater to all the teams, it is to keep their watchers watching. I hate to say it but we are a small market team that is terrible (what is it, 3 wins in our last 33 games?). Not too many people, on a national level, could give two shits about the Chiefs except to make a joke or two. Same goes for the Jaguars as far as market size, but they are at least a .500 team and have a couple stars that people are interested in. We have Bowe and Charles and we must not like to get the ball to our playmakers because neither are getting the ball very much so, who cares?

In that respect, I would rather them leave us out for the time being.

If you think a mediocre team like Jacksonville gives the same effort on every play when they are up three scores, then we just have to dissagree.

I don't care what the coach calls. I am talking about actual effort by the players.

StcChief
11-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Lennie gone..they don't care.

Scorp
11-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Jesus Christ GoChiefs you are truly f*cked up. Our almost comeback was charity from the jags. The comeback you refer to was a gift from the jaguars to make up for the domination of 3 3/4 of a football game.

Please stop posting stupid crap like this, it is time to take the diapers off young man.

RJ
11-13-2009, 06:28 AM
I'm surprised more time wasn't devoted to the Chiefs/Jaguars game. I thought it was Instant Classic.

Deberg_1990
11-13-2009, 06:28 AM
3-30 over the past 2 1/2 seasons.

I wonder why we dont get any love???

MichaelH
11-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Getting upset about the lack of love from the media is just like getting upset about being 1-7. I remember reading most preseason predictions around here and going 4-12 was about the norm. So why get upset? Right now they are a very bad team. And unless Brett Favre signs on next year after un-retiring again, I highly doubt the media attention will get any better.

GloryDayz
11-13-2009, 06:40 AM

****ING BULLSHIT!

Had we won, it would have be spun as the Jags losing it instead of us winning it. It's going to take a lot of winning, and a few convincing wins for these guys to get any love out of the national media.. :cuss:

King_Chief_Fan
11-13-2009, 07:02 AM

****ING BULLSHIT!

close only counts in horse shoes and grenades

Chiefs failed to win....again

JohninGpt
11-13-2009, 07:10 AM
Respect: Earned, not given.

1-7

Fat Elvis
11-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Respect: Earned, not given.

1-7

GoChiefs will never learn that concept.

Nixhex
11-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Jesus Christ GoChiefs you are truly f*cked up. Our almost comeback was charity from the jags. The comeback you refer to was a gift from the jaguars to make up for the domination of 3 3/4 of a football game.

Please stop posting stupid crap like this, it is time to take the diapers off young man.

I have a feeling Mr. GoChiefs knew exactly what he was doing when he posted this thread.

BTW~ When was the last time the Chiefs played on Monday night? It's been so long I can't even remember. Total disrespect right there.

carlos3652
11-13-2009, 07:54 AM
BTW~ When was the last time the Chiefs played on Monday night? It's been so long I can't even remember. Total disrespect right there.

I think it was vs Denver in Denver and we got smoked...

HemiEd
11-13-2009, 08:05 AM
They media was slobering all over the 03 Chiefs, and had predicted a Chiefs SB since it was Vermeil's 3rd year. They have no reason to give any respect now, and they were burned last time.

Nixhex
11-13-2009, 08:07 AM
The Raiders have stunk for years now. They get a Monday night game every year.

Bugeater
11-13-2009, 08:15 AM
It's all about TV ratings, even though they suck they have a huge national following.

stevieray
11-13-2009, 08:17 AM
people still watch that show?

Nixhex
11-13-2009, 08:29 AM
It's all about TV ratings, even though they suck they have a huge national following.

Yeah, I'm aware of this. Just trying to sink the hooks in further. :D

MichaelH
11-13-2009, 08:32 AM

Their fans are funny to laugh at on TV.

Raised On Riots
11-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Oh Boo fucking Hoo. The Chiefs get as much respect as the Patriots did until February 3,2002 when they won the Super Bowl. When you suck you get treated like suck.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well it's a damn good thing we've got that New England/Parcells brain trust on the case and that they've righted the ship so thoroughly, because we were REALLY starting to suck!

Oh wait...

Rausch
11-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Respect is earned...

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 03:27 PM

****ING BULLSHIT!

We couldn't beat a D2 school. I'm surprised they don't have "Comedy Hour, with the Kansas City Chiefs" following Conan OBrien or something.

Crush
11-13-2009, 06:39 PM
This team deserves respect? Shirley, you can't be serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

JohninGpt
11-13-2009, 06:54 PM
This team deserves respect? Shirley, you can't be serious.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm not even close to serious.

http://chasness.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/leslie_nielsen.jpg

And don't call me Shirley.

Rausch
11-13-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm not even close to serious.

And don't call me Shirley.

:eek:

http://www.madmind.de//wp-content/uploads/2007/11/airplane.JPG

JohninGpt
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
:eek:

http://www.madmind.de//wp-content/uploads/2007/11/airplane.JPG

Yep, you beat me to the punch on the picture.ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 09:32 PM
people still watch that show?

People that are addicted to football.

Count me in that category because I watch it every week.

BigMeatballDave
11-13-2009, 11:01 PM
LMAO No body gives a shit about losers...

Raised On Riots
11-13-2009, 11:29 PM
LMAO No body gives a shit about losers...

Now that I think about it, I was living in Oklahomo the whole time Len was doing that show. That must have been kind of a grind doing that show during the 80's-era Chiefs.

"And now we take a look at KC vs Denver". "Lenny"?

(facepalm)

"Well, fuck me running Nick; much to everyone's surprise, the Chiefs played like they weren't really in the stadium". "Back to you, Bonercotti".

Pioli Zombie
11-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Well it's a damn good thing we've got that New England/Parcells brain trust on the case and that they've righted the ship so thoroughly, because we were REALLY starting to suck!

Oh wait...
Here's an interesting question: what was the Patriots record after 8 games under their current regime?
Answer : 1-7

Relax.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
11-14-2009, 07:10 AM
Here's an interesting question: what was the Patriots record after 8 games under their current regime?
Answer : 1-7

Relax.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's a couple of interesting observations:

1) Who was their coach again?

2) Fuck the Patriots in the ass with a flaming AIDS-Hindenburg.

This message approved by Uf Tukel

Pioli Zombie
11-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Here's a couple of interesting observations:

1) Who was their coach again?

2) Fuck the Patriots in the ass with a flaming AIDS-Hindenburg.

This message approved by Uf Tukel

1) True enough. Haley is no Lord Belichick

2) The Hindenburg is one of my favorite disasters. That guy crying "oh the humanity" just great
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
11-14-2009, 07:22 AM
1) True enough. Haley is no Lord Belichick

2) The Hindenburg is one of my favorite disasters. That guy crying "oh the humanity" just great
Posted via Mobile Device

1) It's all Belichick; you know it, I know it. Soon everyone else will know it.

2) Turkeys away!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iJEoflhCsvo/SS8X2JEJaSI/AAAAAAAAA9M/5eGJp-qafxc/s320/turkeys_away.jpg
"Oh the humanity"!

Pioli Zombie
11-14-2009, 07:26 AM
1) It's all Belichick; you know it, I know it. Soon everyone else will know it.

2) Turkeys away!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_iJEoflhCsvo/SS8X2JEJaSI/AAAAAAAAA9M/5eGJp-qafxc/s320/turkeys_away.jpg
"Oh the humanity"!
Hey do you know that WKRP episode was based on a real incident back in Hartford,CT in the 60's? Dumbass radio station did that promotion dead turkeys everywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
11-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Hey do you know that WKRP episode was based on a real incident back in Hartford,CT in the 60's? Dumbass radio station did that promotion dead turkeys everywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

You wacky east-coasters, you.

Pioli Zombie
11-14-2009, 07:32 AM
You wacky east-coasters, you.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"
Posted via Mobile Device

Raised On Riots
11-14-2009, 07:38 AM
"There appears to be a banner of some sort. It says 'HAAA-PY THAAANK....S GIV- "HAPPY THANKSGIVING" FROM...W.....K......R.....P; "Happy Thanksgiving from WKRP"!

"There appears to be something emerging from the helicopter....skydivers"?

milkman
11-14-2009, 08:44 AM
People that are addicted to football.

Count me in that category because I watch it every week.

Back in the day, when Lenny and Nick Bouniconti were the hosts and the show simply focussed on game highlights and analysis, it was worthwhile.

Then they stated adding feature reporters and and over time, spent more an more time on features and talking about players and their personal lives and such, it became far less enjotable.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about the players personal lives.

Just give me football highlights and shut the hell up.

Pioli Zombie
11-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Back in the day, when Lenny and Nick Bouniconti were the hosts and the show simply focussed on game highlights and analysis, it was worthwhile.

Then they stated adding feature reporters and and over time, spent more an more time on features and talking about players and their personal lives and such, it became far less enjotable.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's ass about the players personal lives.

Just give me football highlights and shut the hell up.
Exactly. All the pregame shows are unwatchable now. Phyllis George started the bullshit on NFL Today on CBS in the 70s. Give me stuff about the game. Injuries. Strategies. I don't need to hear about Brett Favre sucking his fathers cock, ok?
Posted via Mobile Device