PDA

View Full Version : Football Mr. Goodell, please step forth...

Raised On Riots
11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
...and suck my cock:

NFL fines Ochocinco $20,000 for joking about bribery
By Chris Chase

Chad Ochocinco(notes) is going to need 19,999 more dollar bills to pay off the fine resulting from his attempted bribe Sunday during the Cincinnati Bengals-Baltimore Ravens game.

According to Chris Mortensen, the NFL fined Ochocinco $20,000 for his tongue-in-cheek attempt to alter the outcome of a replay review that was looking to see whether he had two feet in bounds on a play ruled a reception. Ochocinco's use of the word "bribe" in a post-game press conference was said to have played a large role in determining the amount of the fine.

The fact that the NFL levied a fine isn't surprising. This is a league that devotes pages in its rulebook to regulate how much players can celebrate after scoring a touchdown, so that it showed no sense of humor was to be expected. And while the fine is way too high, we understand that the league wanted it to act as a deterrent so the appearance of impropriety won't become an issue again.

But the Commish doth protest too much, methinks. Really, did anyone think this was serious? Were people going to make the connection between a clear Ochocinco joke and a conspiracy to fix games? The only reason we're still talking about this is because the NFL extended the conversation by levying the fine. This story had cycled out of the news by Monday morning. Now it's cycling again and will probably be discussed on sports blogs and on PTI today and on Sunday morning pre-game shows. By fining Ochocinco, the NFL did exactly what it didn't want to do: bring attention to gambling.

As for paying off the fine, Ochocinco should totally send a box full of 20,000 ones to the NFL offices. If he needs help getting that large an amount of bills, I'm sure he can get Pacman Jones' phone number pretty easily.

Pestilence
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
RE to the POST

Bane
11-13-2009, 04:35 PM
FUGG Ocho-sucko and Goodell both!

OnTheWarpath58
11-13-2009, 04:41 PM
What makes this even worse, is that Tommie Harris has only fined $7500 for the actions that got him ejected from last Sunday's game against Arizona.

Punch opposing player: $7500.

Do something completely harmless and funny? $20,000.

Fruit Ninja
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
What makes this even worse, is that Tommie Harris has only fined $7500 for the actions that got him ejected from last Sunday's game against Arizona.

Do something completely harmless and funny? $20,000.Straight up BUllshit. It was 1 ****ing dollar. EVERYONE knew it was a joke. He didnt delay the game, he didnt punch anyone. He did not disrespect anyone.

I loved it, to bad the No Fun League fails again. I am honestly starting to not like the NFL as much. THey are ruining the game. They are making the game to ****ing soft. I bet all the old school players just cringe at all the softness going on.

Bunit
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Whatever. Chad is a motherfucker that is to needing of attention. Anyone who changes there name to ochofuckingcinco can suck my dick. But fine was fucking retarded. And yeah, fuck chad ochofuckingcinco.

Bunit
11-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Do something completely harmless and funny? $20,000.

Never understood punching dude who has helmet on.

DaKernal
11-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Fucking stupid. I admit that I like Chad Ocho, I think guys like him are good entertainment for the game, but of course the NFL has to come and piss on anything that is intened to be good clean fun.

Sanka
11-13-2009, 05:56 PM
I'm really starting to hate Roger Badsmell.

notorious
11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
They have to stop the minor stuff before it turns into major problems.

If you let it get out of control, some of the fanbase will get turned off, thus ratings and sells go down.

Why should Goodell screw with the formula that's been working well for decades? Being a strict is what has helped get the NFL to where it is.

Not that I agree, but it's TV reality.

Raised On Riots
11-13-2009, 06:26 PM
RE to the POST

Piss on you; piss on your head! :p