PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs vs. Raiders Pregame Thread

Micjones
11-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Week 9. Must-win game for this football team if such a game exists for a team that is 1-7 through the halfway mark of the 2009 regular season. The Oakland Raiders came into Arrowhead earlier this year and took one away from the Chiefs that was thought would be one of only a handful of victories. Haley's in a precarious situation in this one. If he loses another game to the hapless Raiders he runs the risk of losing this team.

Keys to the game:
1. Establish the run,
After last week Charles/Smith proved they could do more behind a broken offensive line than did Larry Johnson averaging better than 4 yards per carry. Haley must commit to running the football this week to keep the Raider defense honest.

2. Go vertical,
Cassel and Chambers hooked up for a big 50+ yard TD play that should at the very least give opposing defenses the idea that we CAN go downfield. Haley needs to test this Oakland defense and attempt to stretch the field. Cassel can also not afford to forget about the #1 option in this offense, Dwayne Bowe. Getting him involved early and often is absolutely vital.

3. Finishing on defense,
Chiefs defenders have had some success putting pressure on the QB this season. What's most important for them to do this week is to tackle well and get Russell on the ground when they get their hands on him. He's a big, strong guy who won't go down easily. It's very important that they come in under control this week and form tackle. Force him to beat you by making quick reads not by having extra time to throw. Don't let him create.

GO CHIEFS!!!

kstater
11-13-2009, 06:05 PM
Wee bit early are we?

GloryDayz
11-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Week 9. Must-win game for this football team if such a game exists for a team that is 1-7 through the halfway mark of the 2009 regular season. The Oakland Raiders came into Arrowhead earlier this year and took one away from the Chiefs that was thought would be one of only a handful of victories. Haley's in a precarious situation in this one. If he loses another game to the hapless Raiders he runs the risk of losing this team.

Keys to the game:
1. Establish the run,
After last week Charles/Smith proved they could do more behind a broken offensive line than did Larry Johnson averaging better than 4 yards per carry. Haley must commit to running the football this week to keep the Raider defense honest.

2. Go vertical,
Cassel and Chambers hooked up for a big 50+ yard TD play that should at the very least give opposing defenses the idea that we CAN go downfield. Haley needs to test this Oakland defense and attempt to stretch the field. Cassel can also not afford to forget about the #1 option in this offense, Dwayne Bowe. Getting him involved early and often is absolutely vital.

3. Finishing on defense,
Chiefs defenders have had some success putting pressure on the QB this season. What's most important for them to do this week is to tackle well and get Russell on the ground when they get their hands on him. He's a big, strong guy who won't go down easily. It's very important that they come in under control this week and form tackle. Force him to beat you by making quick reads not by having extra time to throw. Don't let him create.

GO CHIEFS!!!

"A must-win..." Or they miss the playoffs??? ROFL

Dinny Blues
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
This thing needs stickied.

Dinny

-King-
11-13-2009, 06:48 PM
A gameday thread made on Friday? Seriously?
Posted via Mobile Device

GloryDayz
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, if w were playing on Monday night, it would be even worse!!

BossChief
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I must have been confused all along. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

I thought "gameday threads" were meant for "gameday"

Boy, do I feel foolish.

big nasty kcnut
11-13-2009, 08:52 PM
Nuthooks
Posted via Mobile Device

Baconeater
11-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Oh, we are FUCKING DOOMED now!

Deberg_1990
11-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Raiders 3

Chiefs 2

GloryDayz
11-13-2009, 09:04 PM
And we get a last-minute safety???

Micjones
11-13-2009, 09:15 PM
"A must-win..." Or they miss the playoffs??? ROFL

Dickride much?
Get your own avatar...

It's a "must win" game because if they lose twice to Oakland Haley runs the risk of losing this team.

Stinger
11-13-2009, 09:44 PM
It's a "must win" game because if they lose twice to Oakland Haley runs the risk of losing this team.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/259deut.gif

BossChief
11-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Dickride much?
Get your own avatar...

losing the team is not gonna happen.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/stinger871/Chief%20Planet/259deut.gif

very nice!

I laughed, therefore....I ...shall ....rep!

Skip Towne
11-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Dickride much?
Get your own avatar...

I used to care. I no longer do.

boogblaster
11-13-2009, 09:55 PM
I still care, but its getting harder .....

DaKernal
11-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I care a little, but I honestly have no emotions or strong feelings toward this game. I'll be happy to get a win sure, but I couldn't care less of it was against the Raiders, Browns, or the fucking Wichita Wild

KCwolf
11-13-2009, 10:14 PM

Keys to the game:
1. Establish the run,

2. Go vertical,

3. Finishing on defense,

GO CHIEFS!!!

It is officailly a tad early....but I like the enthusiusm.....It is RAIDER week for Christ Sakes.....only half know what that means....but well done young man...well done.

Claynus
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Could Todd Haley win two games with 22 apes?

BossChief
11-13-2009, 10:23 PM
My keys to the game:

Contain the run and make them pass

have the safeties help out whoever is the nickle

throw the ball down the field early and spread the defense.

protect Cassel

catch the damn ball

Claynus
11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
My keys to the game:

Contain the run and make them pass

Wow. Is this specific to this game or should the Chiefs try to do this every week?

BossChief
11-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow. Is this specific to this game or should the Chiefs try to do this every week?

For the last couple years, we have only gone by that rule on mondays.

Baconeater
11-13-2009, 11:03 PM
My keys to the game:

The Chiefs need to score more points than the Raiders.

Claynus
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
My keys to the game:

The Chiefs need to score more points than the Raiders.

Stop posting insider information.

Hog Farmer
11-14-2009, 05:10 AM
Raider/ Chief games will always be special even though we both are the suck.

I remember back to the good old days in the 70's and even early 80's when the rivalry was soooo strong. The players would get in to a brawl and both benches would unload at some point during every game.

My dad used to be good friends with Jerrel Wilson, they owned a cabin together on Grand Lake. Jerrel actually taught me to kick a football when I was 5. I guess I wasn't very good seeing how I'm uhhh doing something else for a living.

LaChapelle
11-14-2009, 05:53 AM

Over-Head
11-14-2009, 06:26 AM
Raiders 3

Chiefs 2 :thumb:
I just want to win so I can toss a few of those smug "we swept ya" posts Goatboy loved hurling at me a few years back . 4321

BigOlChiefsfan
11-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Prolly a repeat but I don't care:

http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/11/12/the-worst-football-game-ever/

Crush
11-14-2009, 06:34 PM
WARNING

Watching this game may cause you to fall asleep without any warning, even while attempting to give a damn. When watching this game, hallucinations may occur and sometimes you may feel dizzy, sweaty or nauseated upon standing up. This game may also be linked to flame war addiction and beer shits.

ArrowheadMagic
11-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Maybe starting gameday threads on Friday was the key all along. Its not like starting them on gameday has helped.

+1 on scoring more points.

GloryDayz
11-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Dickride much?
Get your own avatar...

Oh, he's lost the team, no news there...

Pioli Zombie
11-14-2009, 08:18 PM
"Haley runs the risk of losing his team". Wtf? You think these players in 2009 give a shit about the Raider rivalry?
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6
11-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Not a single thing there for me to disagree with Mj.

Especially Haley's 'fits & starts' approach to the run game & the lack of designs for Bowe... both issues have given me an irremoveable hairlip recently.

I guess you decided to turn your month early *GAME THREAD*, into a pre-game thread...:)

Param
11-14-2009, 09:08 PM
"Haley runs the risk of losing his team". Wtf? You think these players in 2009 give a shit about the Raider rivalry?
Posted via Mobile Device

Unfortunately, this is true. Both teams out there are just collecting paychecks. They don't give two shits about Raider rivalry. Fans do.

Ugly Duck
11-15-2009, 12:21 AM
This is a big game for us.... may be the only contest on the remaining schedule that we have a chance to win. Although KC did outplay us in the last game - how that game ended up 13-10 Oakland is a puzzlement. The suckage is just about equal... this could be a good game because the talent levels are so similar!

P.S. Gallery, McFadden, Schillens & Cornel Green are all going to suit up (finally!).