PDA

View Full Version : Football Boldin may get traded after the season

Sure-Oz
11-14-2009, 05:07 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/11/14/boldin-may-finally-get-his-trade-next-offseason/

Boldin may finally get his trade next offseason
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 14, 2009 5:59 PM ET
The Cardinals said they would consider trade offers for wide receiver Anquan Boldin last offseason, but never seemed that interested in making a deal.

That could change in 2010.

Buried deep within Len Pasquarelli's weekly Tip Sheet is this intriguing note: "The Arizona Cardinals didn't trade wide receiver Anquan Boldin during the past offseason, but will try much harder to move him next spring because some coaches and team officials are at their breaking point with the seven-year veteran."

Boldin was upset after last week's game, saying coach Ken Whisenhunt was not "man enough" to tell him about making the receiver inactive. Boldin's relationship with the organization has been up and down the last two years, and he's consistently struggled to stay healthy.

Steve Breaston, meanwhile, has proven to be a capable complement to Larry Fitzgerald. The third-year player has gained 62 more yards than Boldin this season, and his emergence could make a trade easier to swallow.

After a full practice Friday, Boldin is listed as probable to return to the lineup this week against Seattle. If Boldin wants a new contract (from any team), a healthy and productive second half of the season would go a long way.

Any interest or say NO

BossChief
11-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I cant see us giving up a valuable pick for a receiver that has had a plethora of injuries and is nearing the end of a good career and is looking for a payday.

Baltimore on the other hand...maybe.

Gadzooks
11-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Boldin may have been traded for the past couple of years.:cuss:
I'm tired of it.

pr_capone
11-14-2009, 05:48 PM
Baltimore on the other hand...maybe.

I can totally see that. With Mason already saying that he is done at the end of this season there is an open #1 spot. Boldin would fit in nicely and give Flacco an damn fine target.

Param
11-14-2009, 05:52 PM
Boldin may have been traded for the past couple of years.:cuss:
I'm tired of it.

Agree.

CaliforniaChief
11-14-2009, 05:56 PM
This is going to be Ty Law v2.0. We all think this guy is the answer and beg and beg to get him and finally do when he's 44 and can't do squat.

KCChiefsMan
11-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Boldin isn't worth more than a 3rd right now IMO. He isn't worth a huge contract either. He's been in this league for a little while now, he's not getting any younger.

pr_capone
11-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Boldin isn't worth more than a 3rd right now IMO. He isn't worth a huge contract either. He's been in this league for a little while now, he's not getting any younger.

He just turned 29. He isnt ancient either.

He and I were born on the exact same day and year so quit making me feel old. lol

Gadzooks
11-14-2009, 06:21 PM

A 3rd is supposed to buy you a serviceable player who can start or be a good backup to a star player for aboot 4 to 5 years.
A 3rd would be on the high side. He's a 1B WhoRe who'll last 3 seasons or so with drastic drop off in production each year.
:shake: 5th or 6th at most (he'd find that insulting and it wouldn't benefit the Cards either).

CoMoChief
11-14-2009, 06:28 PM
This is the type of trade you do when you need someone to get you over that hump to make you a legitimate SB threat.

We are far from that and need as many draft picks as possible.

KCChiefsFan88
11-15-2009, 01:26 AM
An injury prone #2 WR... looks like another Brett Perriman.

Pioli Zombie
11-15-2009, 07:42 AM
We already got Chris Chambers.
Posted via Mobile Device