PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Are we sitting on the #1 overall draft pick ?

Hog Farmer
11-14-2009, 07:09 PM
I know its early but just looking. Every other 1-7 team has won a conference game but us. so are we in the lead for #1 ?

Mr. Laz
11-14-2009, 07:11 PM
meh ... there are so many sucky teams that 3 win could mean we end up picking 12th. :eek:

POND_OF_RED
Still a lot of football left against some shitty teams. We'll find a way to fuck it up somehow.

Mr. Laz
November 10, 2009

(Note opposition W-L % based on all 16 opponents this season)
<big><big></big></big> <big><big></big></big><small></small> <table style="width: 349px; height: 372px;" border="0"><tbody><tr> <td style="vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold;">#
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold;">Team
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold; text-align: center;"><small>W-L
</small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>Opp W-L %</small>
</td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td>1</td> <td>St. Louis</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;">1-7
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;">.519
</td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td>2</td> <td>Kansas City</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;">1-7 </td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;">.527 </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td>3
</td> <td>Cleveland</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>1-7 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.539</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td> <dt>4
</dt> </td> <td> <dt>Detroit
</dt> </td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"> <small>1-7</small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.539</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td> <dt>5 </dt> </td> <td> <dt> Tampa Bay</dt> </td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>1-7</small> </td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.566</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td>6
</td> <td>Washington</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>2-6 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.500</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">7</td> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Oakland</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>2-6 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.523</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> <td> <dt>8
</dt> </td> <td>Tennessee</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>2-6 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.562</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"> <td>9
</td> <td> Seattle</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>3-5 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.465</small> </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold;">10
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold;">San Francisco</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;"><small>3-5 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.488</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">11</td> <td> Buffalo</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>3-5
</small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.496</small> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-weight: bold;"> <td>12</td> <td>Miami</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>3-5 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.566</small> </td> </tr> <tr> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: left; font-weight: bold;">13
</td> <td style="vertical-align: top; font-weight: bold;">San Francisco<small> (from Carolina)</small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;"><small>3-5 </small></td> <td style="vertical-align: top; text-align: center;"><small>.574</small></td></tr></tbody></table>

|Zach|
11-14-2009, 07:12 PM
meh ... there are so many sucky teams that 3 win could mean we end up picking 8th.

:eek:

That is nuts.

Tylerthigpen!1!
11-14-2009, 07:15 PM
how did san fran get that 13th pick?

Mr. Laz
11-14-2009, 07:19 PM
That is nuts.I was wrong ... it looks like we lose the initial tiebreakers with all but two of the existing 3 win teams so we could actually pick 12th with 3 wins.

:shake:

BossChief
11-14-2009, 07:20 PM
what happens if we end up picking #3 and the first two selections are Berry and Suh?

milkman
11-14-2009, 07:21 PM
what happens if we end up picking #3 and the first two selections are Berry and Suh?

We take Taylor Mays.

POND_OF_RED
11-14-2009, 07:22 PM

Traded their 2nd and 4th round picks last year for Carolinas 1st rounder this year

BossChief
11-14-2009, 07:23 PM
We take Taylor Mays.

I can get 100% on board with that bandwagon!!!

BossChief
11-14-2009, 07:23 PM

Everette Brown?

JASONSAUTO
11-14-2009, 07:26 PM
We take Taylor Mays.

does he ever actually wrap up though, i only had time to watch the 2nd qtr today and he always seemed to try to shoulder tackle, instead of wrapping up.
how did he look the rest of the game?

Crush
11-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Do we really want the #1 overall pick with the current system in place?

milkman
11-14-2009, 07:27 PM
I can get 100% on board with that bandwagon!!!

I'm one of the few that like Mays better than Berry.

I do think that Berry is more of a ball hawk, but Mays combination of size and speed makes me think he'll be a playmaker of a different type.

A Rodney Harrison type with more speed, but without the cheap shot reputation.

POND_OF_RED
11-14-2009, 07:28 PM
does he ever actually wrap up though, i only had time to watch the 2nd qtr today and he always seemed to try to shoulder tackle, instead of wrapping up.

Just getting a shoulder on the ball carrier would be an improvement to what our safeties are able to do.

Mr. Laz
11-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Do we really want the #1 overall pick with the current system in place?
I don't think the current system will be in place for the next draft.

either there will be some kind of lockout and there won't be a draft or there will be a new CBA with some kind of draft salary slotting.

If so the high draft picks will be worth even more ... waaaay more.

cdcox
11-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Strength of schedule is the first draft tiebreaker.

Conference and Division record only matters if you are tied with a team in your own conference/division.

After that it is a coin flip.

milkman

He does tend to go for the big hit when he knows there's help around.

He is more fundamentally sound in one on one situations, and the defensive staff in the Pros will have to focus on getting him to work on using fundamentals more.

I didn't watch that game today, so I can't can't comment on it.

wild1
We will be in the 6-10 range

milkman
11-14-2009, 07:31 PM

We'll be in the 1-15/2-14 range.

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2009, 07:38 PM

either there will be some kind of lockout and there won't be a draft or there will be a new CBA with some kind of draft salary slotting.

There is absolutely NO WAY there is a new CBA ratified before March 2010, meaning that ANY changes to the current draft won't occur until 2011 at the earliest.

And that only IF there's not a lockout by the owners.

Crush
11-14-2009, 07:39 PM

I hope so. Shitty teams should not be punished with outrageous rookie contracts.

Hog Farmer
11-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Strength of schedule is the first draft tiebreaker.

Conference and Division record only matters if you are tied with a team in your own conference/division.

After that it is a coin flip.

I thought it was overall record, division record , then conference.

Crush
11-14-2009, 07:40 PM
There is absolutely NO WAY there is a new CBA ratified before March 2010, meaning that ANY changes to the current draft won't occur until 2011 at the earliest.

And that only IF there's not a lockout by the owners.

Sadly, it looks like.... this.

wild1
11-14-2009, 07:41 PM
We'll be in the 1-15/2-14 range.

I meant #6-#10

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2009, 07:43 PM

6-10?

Just in case you haven't heard, crack is bad.

6 to 10.

LMAO

cdcox
I was wrong ... it looks like we lose the initial tiebreakers with all but two of the existing 3 win teams so we could actually pick 12th with 3 wins.

:shake:

I just ran a several thousand simulations on senarios involving the Chiefs finishing 3-13. I don't think it is possible for us to pick later than 7th in that circumstance.

Some of those 3-5 teams play each other again, so by default some of those teams are going to have more than 3 wins.

milkman
I meant #6-#10

Oh, my bad.

In that case, though, we'll be in the top 5.

cdcox
11-14-2009, 07:44 PM
I meant #6-#10

If we have 4 to 5 wins, yeah. I don't think we will have that many.

cdcox
11-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I thought it was overall record, division record , then conference.

Overall record is most important. After that the tiebreakers come in and strength of schedule is the first tiebreaker when it comes to the draft.

wild1
11-14-2009, 07:47 PM

I was guessing 4-12. Call me an optimist :)

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2009, 07:49 PM

Oh come on! You don't think we'll beat the Bengals, Broncos, Steelers and Chargers to finish up at .500 for the second half of the season?

JASONSAUTO

He is more fundamentally sound in one on one situations, and the defensive staff in the Pros will have to focus on getting him to work on using fundamentals more.

thanks, i dont get to see him as much as some others. berry looks more technically sounds from the actual games i have seen, but like i said my experience with mays is limited.
today in the little bit i saw he kinda flailed around. hell one time the announcers said he cut someones legs out and he had actually wiffed totally. he tried to dive at his feet and never even lifted his arms. the other few times he made the play he just shoulder tackled the guy. not once did he even put his hands on the other player

ArrowheadMagic

Starting to see some Thomas Davis in Mays. Even with all the ability he has, WLB might end up being his position. Still my pick if Berry is gone, still have questions about his ability to cover(wait to see him at the combine) but since there is a complete lack of top 5 pick worthy talent in this draft, have no problem taking the risk with Mays.

cdcox
I was guessing 4-12. Call me an optimist :)

That would put us in the 4th to 8th range, slight chances of 3rd or 9th and very, very slight chance of the 10th.

Hog Farmer
11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't follow college. What teams do these Berry and Mays fellows play for ?

JASONSAUTO
11-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't follow college. What teams do these Berry and Mays fellows play for ?

ROFL
tennessee and usc

Hog Farmer
11-14-2009, 07:56 PM
ROFL
tennessee and usc

Thanks. And Not funny.

JASONSAUTO
11-14-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks. And Not funny.

not making fun, just thought it was funny due to the amount of play they get around here.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-14-2009, 08:01 PM

5-3 down the stretch? Pass whatever you're smokin' over here.

KCrockaholic
11-14-2009, 08:12 PM
It doesnt matter, having a top pick is overrated. As Chiefs fans, you all should have realized this by now. The last thing I would want is for us to end up with the #1 pick, unless we traded it away for tons of late picks. Riley Cooper is really growing on me BTW. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to spend a late 4th round pick on him.

Hog Farmer
11-14-2009, 08:17 PM
It doesnt matter, having a top pick is overrated. As Chiefs fans, you all should have realized this by now. The last thing I would want is for us to end up with the #1 pick, unless we traded it away for tons of late picks. Riley Cooper is really growing on me BTW. I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to spend a late 4th round pick on him.

Thats fucking hilarious !!!ROFL

KCrockaholic
11-14-2009, 08:26 PM
Thats ****ing hilarious !!!ROFL

Yeah. I figured that would be the reaction. I don't really care though.

wild1
11-14-2009, 10:36 PM
That would put us in the 4th to 8th range, slight chances of 3rd or 9th and very, very slight chance of the 10th.

I'm sure we'll manage to screw it up somehow :doh!:

DaneMcCloud
11-14-2009, 10:47 PM
I'm sure we'll manage to screw it up somehow :doh!:

I don't think so.

The Chiefs ARE NOT going to beat the Steelers, Broncos (twice), Bengals, Chargers or Bills.

They have a slim chance to beat the Raiders and Cleveland, which would put them at 3-13.

But that's a slim chance at best.

Gadzooks
11-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Peyton Manning was the last legit #1 pick (1998:eek:). And to think Leaf was almost picked ahead of him.:cuss:
Names since then include:
Tim Couch
Michael Vick
ShEli Manning
JaMeatball Russell
Being No. 1 sure hasn't paid off in a long time. Don't get me wrong, Mario Williams and Jake Long are good players but, to give up the huge dough to pay them No.1 money doesn't make much sense.
Since you guy's have the "QB of the future" it would be in your best intrest to win a couple of more games.
Oh, and you might say ShEli's got a ring but, if you watched that SB, the Giants D got him a ring.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 12:34 AM
Peyton Manning was the last legit #1 pick (1998:eek:). And to think Leaf was almost picked ahead of him.:cuss:
Names since then include:
Tim Couch
Michael Vick
ShEli Manning
JaMeatball Russell
Being No. 1 sure hasn't paid off in a long time. Don't get me wrong, Mario Williams and Jake Long are good players but, to give up the huge dough to pay them No.1 money doesn't make much sense.
Since you guy's have the "QB of the future" it would be in your best intrest to win a couple of more games.
Oh, and you might say ShEli's got a ring but, if you watched that SB, the Giants D got him a ring.

Like I said. Having the #1 pick is no fun unless you want to draft a QB (not us)

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2009, 12:40 AM
If we get a #1 we should trade it to somebody who desperately wants to draft Tebow*. They should talk to Dan Snyder, he loves doing retarded shit. I bet he'd trade his whole draft a la the 1999 Saints to get the top spot.

*Or, you know, somebody who would actually go #1.

KCChiefsFan88
11-15-2009, 01:12 AM
Chiefs football under Clark Hunt... where November/December means scoreboard watching for the #1 overall pick.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 01:12 AM
If we get a #1 we should trade it to somebody who desperately wants to draft Tebow*. They should talk to Dan Snyder, he loves doing retarded shit. I bet he'd trade his whole draft a la the 1999 Saints to get the top spot.

*Or, you know, somebody who would actually go #1.

Tebow? The Jags will do anything takes to draft Tebow. Believe it.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 01:24 AM
If we get a #1 we should trade it...

THIS...

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 01:26 AM
THIS...

We should have traded the #3 pick also.... :shake:

KCChiefsFan88
11-15-2009, 01:29 AM
THIS...

The Chiefs should only trade the #1 overall pick if they get veteran READY TO PLAY IMMEDIATELY players in return. No trading down for more draft picks bullshit to accomodate Clark's 75 year rebuilding plan.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 01:30 AM
The Chiefs should only trade the #1 overall pick if they get veteran READY TO PLAY IMMEDIATELY players in return. No trading down for more draft picks bullshit to accomodate Clark's 75 year rebuilding plan.

Dude, trading down to collect more picks has always been part of the Patriot way. We would not trade a #1 for veterans in return unless it included a bunch of picks also.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 01:37 AM

So we should trade a high draft pick for an old player?

Nein.

Even a drunken monkey can hit a bullseye given enough darts.

These shit-tossing primates need as many darts as they can get their hands on...

Param
11-15-2009, 01:40 AM
Would we be the 1st team ever to draft a safety #1 or #2 overall? I just don't see it.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Would we be the 1st team ever to draft a safety #1 or #2 overall? I just don't see it.

That's exactly why I see it.

Every fucking year after the draft I start to believe the neighbor's dog a little bit more when it tells me to kill...:tinfoil:

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2009, 01:51 AM

I'd love if they panicked and thought the only way they'd land him is by trading way too much for the Chiefs' pick.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 01:52 AM
I'd love if they panicked and thought the only way they'd land him is by trading way too much for the Chiefs' pick.

Don't kid yourself.

NOBODY wants to trade up into the top 5...

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2009, 01:53 AM

Based on what?

Your conjecture?

No thanks.

Wayne Weaver wants to sell the team, not keep it.

Regardless, Jax is 4-4 at this point. The season is far from over.

Thig Lyfe
11-15-2009, 01:58 AM
Don't kid yourself.

I have faith in the retardedness of today's GMs and owners. Surely some delusional fool will think that they're one player away from glory and dump a shit-ton of picks on us to assure their desired selection.

Param
11-15-2009, 02:06 AM
Don't kid yourself.

Pretty much. Most teams don't want it, because of the amount of jack. Unless there's a QB, who's trading up? I don't see a QB in this year's draft worth a ransom.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 02:16 AM
I have faith in the retardedness of today's GMs and owners. Surely some delusional fool will think that they're one player away from glory and dump a shit-ton of picks on us to assure their desired selection.

I don't think I've ever been able to point at the TV and laugh on draft day but...man...I bet that feels good.
:)

philfree
11-15-2009, 02:52 AM
Dude, trading down to collect more picks has always been part of the Patriot way. We would not trade a #1 for veterans in return unless it included a bunch of picks also.

I could see the Chiefs trade down this year for picks in the 2011 draft. That's kind of the Patriot way too, Isn't it?

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
11-15-2009, 03:06 AM
I could the Chiefs trade down this year for picks in the 2011 draft. That's kind of the Patriot way too, Isn't it?

Not sure what you mean.

philfree
11-15-2009, 03:09 AM
I could see the Chiefs trade down this year for picks in the 2011 draft. That's kind of the Patriot way too, Isn't it?

We'll trade down but it will be compensated with picks from the 2011 draft. That's stock piling picks for the future.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 03:38 AM
We'll trade down but it will be compensated with picks from the 2011 draft. That's stock piling picks for the future.

I'm fine with that.

If we don't like what we have this year someone else gets to use those picks...

milkman
11-15-2009, 07:31 AM

You are a fucking idiot of of epic proportions.

JFC, if I was as stupid as you I would drink a gallon of anti-freeze to spare the rest of the world.

Pioli Zombie
11-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Patriots did that quite effectively this decade. Trade a pick for the same pick next year plus a pick a round later in the current draft. For example, in 2003, trading #19 to the Ravens (Kyle Boller) for the Ravens second round pick (Eugene Wilson, a contributor on 2 SB championship teams) and the Ravens #1 in 2004 (Vince Wilfork). Obviously, for the first overall pick they would have to get more. But if you could trade the #1 overall for a teams 1st and 2nd in 2010 and 1st in 2011 you do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

MahiMike
11-15-2009, 08:09 AM
Remember, just like last year. We want #5. Anything more and you just overpay.

Coogs
11-15-2009, 09:27 AM
As of right now, there would be only two trade down partners I would be interested in dealing with. The 49ers and the Seahawks. They are the only teams with two 1st rounders. Right now the 49ers are both in the low teens area, and the Seahawks one early and one late. But if the Broncos continue to lose games down the stretch, that late pick could start climbing into the teens area as well. And both may be interested in the QB market... which could work to our benifit.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Based on what?

Your conjecture?

No thanks.

Wayne Weaver wants to sell the team, not keep it.

Regardless, Jax is 4-4 at this point. The season is far from over.

Weaver has already ****in said he wants Tebow. Drafting Tebow would put Jacksonville back on the map and maybe put more than 40,000 butts in seats. It would be like the Texans drafting Vince Young. Texas loves Vince, Florida loves Tebow.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 11:49 AM

That works also.

KCChiefsFan88
11-15-2009, 02:54 PM
You are a ****ing idiot of of epic proportions.

JFC, if I was as stupid as you I would drink a gallon of anti-freeze to spare the rest of the world.

This coming from one of the biggest wannabe frauds to post on this message board (which is saying something). You had your head so far up Herm's ass you were tonguing his small intestine.

Your next post with actual substance or an original thought that doesn't start with "JFC you are an idiot" will be your first.

Clark counts on mindless zombies such as yourself to keep the status quo going... a low cost/low talent roster, and that rebuilding should take 10 years in today's NFL (even though the likes of Atlanta and Miami in recent seasons have proven otherwise).

To use language that you can comprehend, Clark looks at dumbasses such as yourself and says "JFC, thank the Lord most of our fanbase is made up putzes who struggle to understand an Applebee's menu and will bend over and take all the bullshit about our commitment to winning that we are spewing"

milkman
11-15-2009, 04:30 PM
This coming from one of the biggest wannabe frauds to post on this message board (which is saying something). You had your head so far up Herm's ass you were tonguing his small intestine.

Your next post with actual substance or an original thought that doesn't start with "JFC you are an idiot" will be your first.

Clark counts on mindless zombies such as yourself to keep the status quo going... a low cost/low talent roster, and that rebuilding should take 10 years in today's NFL (even though the likes of Atlanta and Miami in recent seasons have proven otherwise).

To use language that you can comprehend, Clark looks at dumbasses such as yourself and says "JFC, thank the Lord most of our fanbase is made up putzes who struggle to understand an Applebee's menu and will bend over and take all the bullshit about our commitment to winning that we are spewing"

Good god, you a ****ing idiot.

I spent three years from the day Herman ****ing Edwards was hired praying that stupid ****er would be fired.

The fact that I didn't lick Dick's taint like you did never even remotely suggested I thought that Herman ****ing Edwards was any smarter than you are, though I am beginning to think he was.

You, on the other hand would have a hard time finding one person who thinks you have added anything to this board.

I provide substantive content when I'm debating with with intelligent posters, not when I'm responding to stupid ****ers like you who can't wipe their own ass.

Silock
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
Haley blew it!!!!!

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Haley blew it!!!!!

Oh No! Now we cant draft a bust in the top 5 picks if things fall right! :eek:

Silock
11-15-2009, 07:22 PM
Oh No! Now we cant draft a bust in the top 5 picks if things fall right! :eek:

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE