PDA

View Full Version : KU **** OFFICIAL 2009-2010 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ****

Pages : [1] 2

Ari Chi3fs
11-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Instead of cluttering up the front page... let's give the MUrons and Kstaters one thread that they can put on ignore... and keep most of this season in one place... aside from Game threads of course.

:KU: :KU: :KU: :KU: :KU:

Press Conferences and Post-Game MP3 interviews (http://www2.kusports.com/podcasts/press_conferences_postgame_interviews)

2009-2010 Schedule (http://www2.kusports.com/schedules/mens-basketball/2009-10/kansas/)

Ari Chi3fs
11-14-2009, 09:39 PM
http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2009/11/14/ku_bkc_hofstra_12_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a37bbdb23c6f48523261b548

It took much-hyped freshman sensation Xavier Henry all of one game to etch his name into Kansas University’s storied basketball record books.

“I never really think about that stuff, but down the road I bet I’ll think about it and be proud of it,” the 6-foot-6, 220-pound McDonald’s All-American said after erupting for 27 points while playing 24 minutes of the Jayhawks’ 101-65 season-opening victory over Hofstra on Friday in Allen Fieldhouse.

It was the most points scored by a freshman in his debut in KU history, surpassing the 21 points netted by Norm Cook against Murray State back in 1973.

“Of course it was Xavier’s night,” KU coach Bill Self said after watching the rookie hit eight of 12 shots, including five of eight three-pointers. He also cashed six of six free throws. “I told him after the game that it was a freshman record and congratulations, but not to get too cocky.

“It’s a great performance. It’s not the best performance by a first-year guy, ’cause Wilt went for 52,” he added of Wilt Chamberlain riddling Northwestern back in 1956 in his sophomore-season debut.

Remember, freshmen were ineligible at the time.

“I’m happy for him. He’s a natural scorer. He has been kind of thinking instead of playing. Tonight he played instead of thought, which was a good thing. He looked more fluid tonight,” added Self, who said Henry also performed well defensively.

Henry, who combined for 24 points off 42.9 percent shooting in KU’s two exhibition victories, said he wasn’t trying to lead the way on a night Sherron Collins scored 23 points, Cole Aldrich hit for 11 points and eight rebounds and Tyshawn Taylor helped clamp down on junior guard Charles Jenkins, who scored 23 points, but just five the first half as KU blazed to a 48-27 halftime lead.

“I’m trying to pick my spots. I’m not trying to be a ball-hog. I’m more a team player. l like playing with my own team,” Henry said. “I’ve got a big man All-American, a point guard All-American. I’m not supposed to be out there doing all that. I’m trying to fit in and be aggressive at the same time.”

Henry’s attitude shows in his desire to play defense.

“I’ve gotten way better since high school,” he said. “I get in people’s heads and get in real tight. I like to play defense now. It’s going to be a good deal for me this year.”

Of course, Self has encouraged the player to learn defense quickly.

“He’s been tough on me about everything,” Henry said. “It’ll help me come along faster. I accept it (coaching) and try harder. If he didn’t do it, I’d feel lackadaisical and stuff. I don’t want to feel like that. I want to feel pressure all the time.”

As Self said, though, Henry is a natural scorer.

“I see it a lot,” Marcus Morris said of Henry lighting it up at practice. “(But) not like that. He makes a few, but definitely not like that. He doesn’t get them in a row like that, either.”

Told about Morris’ comments, Henry said jokingly, “Man, Marcus, that’s what a hater is. If y’all don’t know what a hater is, that’s a hater. A shot will be on and off. You can’t control that. Tonight it luckily was on.”

Henry hit three threes in the first five minutes of the second half.

“I tell him, ‘You can’t shoot a bad shot,’’’ senior guard Collins said, encouraging the lefty to fire away when open from anywhere on the court.

Henry also had two breakaway dunks Friday. He put them both down with two hands. They thrilled the crowd because of their force, but they were definitely of the simple variety.

“I was nervous making sure I didn’t dribble it off my foot and fall,” Henry said. “Once I got to the rim, I just wanted to put it in. You’ll see different things when I’m relaxed. Tonight I was stressed out for a little bit.”

He said the best thing about the game was not his exploding on the scene, but the fact KU is 1-0 heading into Tuesday’s 9 p.m. game against Memphis in St. Louis.

“Everybody on this team is not too into themselves. We just know we want to win. That’s what our goal is, to be 40-0 and not for everybody to go to the NBA or average 30. Our goal is to win it all, and we know how to do that,” Henry said.

WilliamTheIrish
In before it's locked/Phognet ;)

Ari Chi3fs
Xavier's impressive debut lands him on top of Keegan ratings
Blog: The Keegan Ratings
By Tom Keegan
November 13, 2009

1. Xavier Henry: Scored eight of team’s first 11 points and finished with 27 points, a KU record for a freshman debut. (Wilt Chamberlain was not eligible as a freshman).

2. Sherron Collins: Had 23 points, four rebounds, three assists and took a hard charge.

3. Cole Aldrich: Teammates had trouble feeding him the ball against the zone. He made the most of opportunities, making 4 of 5 shots. Blocked four shots to go with 11 points and eight rebounds.

4. Tyshawn Taylor: Did excellent job of guarding Charles Jenkins early, when the game was won.

5. Elijah Johnson: Keeps the break moving fast with excellent, quick passes and knows how to get to the hole to score.

6. Marcus Morris: Mid-range jumper looks much improved. Had nine points, four boards and two assists.

7. Markieff Morris: Had six points, seven boards and two steals in 12 productive minutes.

8. Tyrel Reed: Misfired on all four shots but contributed three assists, three rebounds, a memorable blocked shot and a steal.

9. Thomas Robinson: Hurried things against Hofstra’s zone and made just 1 of 5 field goals and 3 of 8 free throws. Also had three turnovers. Did pick up five boards in 17 minutes.

The Keegan Ratings: Season Standings
1. Xavier Henry (10 points)
2. Sherron Collins (9 points)
3. Cole Aldrich (8 points)
4. Tyshawn Taylor (7 points)
5. Elijah Johnson (6 points)
6. Marcus Morris (5 points)
7. Markieff Morris (4 points)
8. Tyrel Reed (3 points)
9. Thomas Robinson (2 points)

WilliamTheIrish
11-14-2009, 09:40 PM
Cosign!

ArrowheadHawk
11-14-2009, 09:43 PM
This thread is ruined. You let William in.

Skip Towne
11-14-2009, 09:49 PM
Is CJ Henry getting any minutes?

Ari Chi3fs
11-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I never went in and trolled the St Louis Cardinal Repository... and I don't think many trolled the Royals repository thread... so... after awhile, they will disappear.

Here is the Tyshawn Taylor dish to Marcus Morris Dunk over Hostra...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiOAN1MoBos&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NiOAN1MoBos&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

WilliamTheIrish
11-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I never went in and trolled the St Louis Cardinal Repository... and I don't think many trolled the Royals repository thread... so... after awhile, they will disappear.

Consider me gone.

WildTurkey
11-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Is CJ Henry getting any minutes?

I think he is hurt..... :shrug:

ArrowheadMagic
11-14-2009, 10:30 PM
I think he is hurt..... :shrug:

Still nursing a knee....... Should redshirt, but since this year is his only chance to play with X, he wont.

WildTurkey
11-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Still nursing a knee....... Should redshirt, but since this year is his only chance to play with X, he wont.

yeah I thought I had heard that somewhere

ArrowheadHawk
11-15-2009, 01:33 AM

yeah I thought I had heard that somewhere

He was a redshirt last year and because of his age I think he is considered a soph.

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Dick Vitale's Final Four - Michigan St. Purdue Kentucky Kansas

Silock
11-17-2009, 10:38 PM
If the Morris twins and X's shooting don't improve, don't expect a Final Four.

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 11:50 PM
KU vs Memphis Game Thread (http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218273)

Ari Chi3fs
11-18-2009, 12:25 AM
FINAL: KU survives Memphis, 57-55

http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2009/11/17/ku_bkc_memphis_19_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a37bbdb23c6f48523261b548

FINAL: KU defeats UM, 57-55

Reed inbounds to Collins, who is bumped in the backcourt. He’ll shoot two with 15.3 seconds left.

Collins takes a deep breath, but leaves the first one short. Much like the 2008 national championship game.

He makes the second one to put KU up two.

Williams dances up top, and his three to win it looks like its on, but it clangs hard off the iron as time expires.

KU survives with a 57-55 victory.

KU 56/UM 55 — 16.7 seconds left in game

Memphis comes out in a zone, and after wiggling around the first defender, Collins puts up a floater in the lane. Coleman blocks the ball on its way down, and KU is awarded the two points.

Memphis is on fire late. Wiliams drains a near-impossible stepback three with a hand in his face, and KU’s lead is only one with 16.7 seconds left. Pastner uses his last timeout.

KU 54/UM 52 — 48.1 seconds left in game

KU turns it over, but Collins checks back in with 3:47 left.

Markieff tries a lob inside to Aldrich, but the big man can’t hold on. Turnover KU.

Markieff makes a crucial mistake on the other end, fouling Mack on a three-point attempt. He makes only one free throw, though, and KU is still up three.

Collins races up the court, and after a spin move underneath, he drew three defenders underneath before dishing to Aldrich for an emphatic jam.

Henry rips away a tough defensive rebound, and he’s fouled on his way up the court. Though he looks fatigued, Henry makes both free throws to put KU up seven.

After a missed three by Memphis, Will Coleman tips in the follow, and Taylor is called on a travel after receiving the inbounds pass. Two officials blew the whistle, and one looked like he was ready to call a blocking foul on UM. The other one won out, though, whistling KU for the violation.

Willie Kemp drives under the basket, and he’s bailed out by a foul call on Henry. Kemp makes both free throws to trim KU’s lead to three.

Collins delivers a nice lob pass to Aldrich, who gathers it and is fouled on the way up. Witherspoon picks up his fifth foul underneath, and he is disqualified after scoring four points.

Aldrich swishes both tries, and KU extends its lead to 54-49 with 1:26 left.

Mack buries a deep three for Memphis, and KU leads by just two with 48.1 seconds left. Self calls timeout.

KU 48/UM 44 — 3:55 left in game

Witherspoon gets away with dragging his pivot foot inside, and he gets a jumper to fall in.

KU responds by finding Marcus Morris again inside, and he finishes with a two-handed jam.

Tough, tough shot by Williams, who put up a guarded three right over Taylor that rattled in.

KU once again goes to Marcus Morris, and he’s fouled before he can even get the ball. On the one-and-one, Marcus makes two critical free throws.

Williams gets all the way to the rim for a layup, but KU takes the ball out of the net and races up the court. Taylor throws an alley-oop to Marcus, who is fouled, but he misses both free throws. Aldrich gets the offensive rebound, but KU later turns it over.

Collins is still in the locker room, so this is an early test for the younger Jayhawks. Two freshmen, a sophomore and two juniors on the floor for KU.

Marcus Morris picks up an away-from-the-ball foul, and that’s four whistles on him. Markieff checks in for his brother.

Sallie loses the ball underneath, and Markieff did a good job of getting position and trying to take a charge. No call, but the ball sails out of bounds off Memphis.

KU 44/UM 37 — 6:23 left in game

KU does a good job of being patient and working it around the perimeter, finally getting it to Aldrich, who is fouled on the way up for a shot. He misses the first, though, and KU is called for a lane violation on the second.

Johnson turns it over on the perimeter, and Kemp turns it into an uncontested two on the other end. Self uses a timeout to get Henry back in. Memphis is hanging in there only down five.

Memphis presses out of the timeout, and Reed is finally able to get it in. UM is whistled for two quick fouls, and KU will shoot the bonus the rest of the way.

Taylor forces a pass inside, and UM steps in front for a turnover. KU is up to 15 turnovers, and Taylor has four.

Two blocks from Aldrich underneath, and Memphis steps on the end line to give it back to KU.

Collins crumbles once again on the court with cramps, and he slaps the floor in frustration. Trainers take him off the court at a crucial time.

Aldrich might have gotten away with a double-dribble there, as he needed a dribble to corral the basketball before taking a couple more dribbles on his post move. After getting a defender in the air, Aldrich gets two free throws and makes both.

Williams gets free underneath, and he dunks it home to cut KU’s lead to five.

Henry forces up a shot that misses, and on the next possession, he jacks up a guarded three that hits rim and falls away.

Reed hustles for a steal, and instead of forcing something, he wisely backs it out to reset the offense. Marcus Morris finally gets the ball inside, and he puts it off the glass for two. I think he was frustrated he hasn’t gotten the ball more inside.

KU 40/UM 33 — 11:36 left in game

Witherspoon puts in a two, and Collins loses the ball on the dribble, which turns into two quick transition points for Sallie. Suddenly, KU’s lead is back down to six.

Collins hobbles off the court, and he’s getting attention on his right leg in front of me. A trainer is pushing his right knee to the right to loosen his leg. Probably a cramp, as the KU training staff immediately brought him a Gatorade.

Following a Taylor miss, Markieff comes through the lane untouched for a dunk on the rebound.

KU 38/UM 28 — 13:52 left in game

UM’s Williams gets fouled underneath by Taylor, and he makes both freebies to cut KU’s lead to four.

Great leadership play by a composed Collins, who dribbled the ball to the wing then lobbed a nice pass to Aldrich. The big man came down with it and slammed it home, and that play is open for KU every time it works the ball around long enough to get to the big man.

Xavier Henry puts up a wild shot, but he’s able to corral his miss and get fouled inside. His two free throws gives KU its largest lead at 36-28.

Following a miss by UM, Markieff grabs the rebound and quickly feeds up to his brother. With a two-on-one break, Marcus quickly throws ahead to Henry, who lays it off the glass for two. KU’s entire bench applauds that unselfish play, and Pastner calls timeout with his team trailing by double digits for the first time.

KU 32/UM 26 — 15:40 left in game

The Jayhawks are late on a defensive rotation, and Doneal Mack makes them pay with a three from the right side.

On KU’s first possession, it counters with the inside game, as Taylor lobs an alley-oop to Aldrich for a slam.

Memphis throws a zone at KU, and after getting it inside to Aldrich, two quick passes net Henry an open three. He misses, but that’s a shot that Self has to be happy with.

After a Henry steal, Collins scoots into the lane and swishes an 8-foot floater.

But just when KU gets some separation, UM answers, as Roburt Sallie puts in a two with a foul, later making the free throw to complete the three-point play.

Taylor forces a nice, low, bounce pass inside, and Marcus Morris puts in a short baseline shot for two. A Memphis player tried to sell a charge, but there just wasn’t that much contact there.

Kansas scoring

Aldrich 8 (4-for-5 shooting), Collins 7, Xavier Henry 5, Markieff Morris 2, Taylor 2, Marcus Morris 2.

KU was 10-for-24 from the floor (41.7 percent), 1-for-3 from three (33.3 percent) and 5-for-6 from the free-throw line (83.3 percent).

Memphis was 7-for-25 from the floor (28 percent), 2-for-14 from three (14.3 percent) and 4-for-6 from the free-throw line (66.7 percent).

KU had 11 turnovers, while UM had seven. KU out-rebounded UM, 21-12, in the first half.

Memphis has just one assist. KU has only four.

Some thoughts

• I guess the pre-game concerns about KU's potential turnover problems were warranted. KU has looked sloppy offensively and has tried too many risky passes against an athletic Memphis team.

• Look for KU to force the ball inside in the second half. Self has already talked to his team during timeouts about its size advantage inside, and Memphis hasn't had an answer for the Jayhawks when they've gotten the ball inside. He'll have a little extra time to hammer the point home during this break.

• I would expect this to be closer to the norm as far as three-point attempts go for KU, as the Jayhawks went just 1-for-3 in the first half. Remember, KU shot 27 threes against Hofstra, making 10. I just don't see this as a team that will jack up a ton of three-pointers this year, especially with some of the weapons it has inside along with the quick guards it has on the perimeter.

KU 26/UM 20 — Halftime

Reed misses an open three from the corner in transition, but the Jayhawks pick him up on the glass. Henry gets an offensive board and Markieff Morris grabs an additional carom before getting hacked. He makes both free throws to push KU’s lead to 22-17.

Both Morris twins are in at the same time. We haven’t seen that too much so far this season.

Collins grabs a rebound off a Memphis miss inside, and he wastes no time racing it up the court. A quick pass to Taylor gets KU two free throws, as the sophomore is fouled from behind. Taylor makes both tries, and KU has its biggest lead at 24-17.

Aldrich gets called for a foul after pinning a block against the rim, and that’s two whistles on KU’s big man. He’ll sit for the rest of the half. The replay showed the block was probably clean, but it’s a tough judgment call for an official to make.

Following an offensive rebound, Williams puts a shot high off the glass and in for two. Self takes his use-it-or-lose-it timeout with 38.1 seconds left to set up for a final shot.

Big swing of momentum at the end of the half for KU, as a leaning attempt by Collins was blocked with 6 seconds left and taken the other way by Memphis. On the run, UM had the ball swiped away by Taylor, though, who threw it back up the court to Collins. The senior guard put in a layup with just tenths of a second remaining, giving KU a 26-20 lead at the break. KU gets a much-needed four- or five-point swing at the end of the half because of the quick hands of Taylor.

KU 20/UM 17 — 3:40 left in 1st half

Another steal by KU, but Marcus Morris can’t handle a pass from Henry on the other end. The two teams trade turnovers.

Wesley Witherspoon airballs another three-point attempt for Memphis. Ugly game so far, as Henry tries an ill-advised bounce pass in transition that is stolen away.

Marcus Morris puts the ball in KU’s playmaker’s hands, as he lobs a pass over the top to Aldrich for an easy two.

The next possession, Marcus draws two players on a shot attempt, and though his try misses, Aldrich slams the follow home from the weak side. KU’s advantage this game is obviously on the inside, but the Jayhawks have to be patient enough to take advantage of it.

Self agrees, as he isn’t happy with a Reed three-point attempt. When Reed comes to the bench, the coach asks why he’s shooting long threes when KU is scoring every time it gets the ball inside.

KU 15/UM 14 — 7:16 left in 1st half

Following a Henry travel, Self jumps off the bench and motions for Collins to check back in to replace Johnson. Once the freshman gets to the bench, Self greets him with a question: “What are you doing?”

Taylor’s penetration opens the outside for a three from Collins, who swishes it. Aldrich gets the ball underneath the basket on the next possession, and he takes a dribble before putting in a one-handed slam.

KU is finally starting to find the mismatch against the undersized Tigers. Aldrich gets it again in the post, and after a few dribbles, he fades to a shot off his back shoulder for a smooth eight-foot turnaround that falls through. KU has its biggest lead at 15-9, and UM coach Josh Pastner calls timeout.

Kemp gets another three to fall, but Memphis’ next attempt clangs off the glass. The Tigers’ threes have either been perfect or way off. I think that’s the third three-point attempt I remember for UM clanging off the backboard. The Tigers are 2 of 8 from deep.

Another block from Aldrich, and a quick pass upcourt leads to a transition opportunity. Henry misses a short shot, but he’s fouled and will have two free throws after the media timeout.

KU 8/UM 7 — 11:55 left in 1st half

Taylor turns it over with a careless pass, but he hustles back to slap the ball away from Willie Kemp to prevent a layup.

Taylor turns it over on a poor entry pass to Marcus Morris. He just didn’t have an angle to get it in there. Xavier will check in for Taylor at the next break.

Elliot Williams hits a three from the top to give Memphis its first lead at 5-4. KU, meanwhile, has six turnovers in less than seven minutes.

Henry once again shows his scoring ability, hitting a mid-range jumper over a defender. Any shot right now is better than no shot for KU.

Marcus Morris gets an entry pass from Tyrel Reed and he goes to work, wiggling around inside before putting in a short shot over a defender.

Markieff Morris takes a charge inside, and KU’s defense continues to be impressive.

KU 4/UM 2 — 15:36 left in 1st half

Sherron Collins gets the Jayhawks off to a good start, rolling around a screen and rattling in an 18-footer. He roars his approval to the KU bench.

KU has struggled offensively in the earlygoing, turning it over a pair of times and also missing a couple of short shots. Luckily for the Jayhawks, they’ve made up for it on the defensive end, as Aldrich blocks a shot inside and also clears away a strong defensive rebound.

Xavier Henry gets KU out of an offensive slump, driving inside and putting a short shot in over two defenders to make it 4-0 KU.

Memphis’ Will Coleman, a big man sub off the bench, puts in the Tigers’ first points on a turn-around jumper at the 15:57 mark.

9:10 p.m.

KU's starters: Markieff Morris, Xavier Henry, Sherron Collins, Cole Aldrich and Tyshawn Taylor.

9:08 p.m.

OK, I take it back. At least 60-65 percent of the fans here are KU fans. Nice showing by the Jayhawks' supporters.

9:05 p.m.

It's a great atmosphere for a college basketball game with lots of blue. I'd say the two sides' fans are split about even, with KU's fans on one side and Memphis' pom-pom-yielding fans on the other.

8:45 p.m.

Here are some notes about Memphis:

• Ten of Memphis' 16 players are between 6-foot-2 and 6-foot-5. The Tigers have just three players 6-9 or taller.

• Memphis shot 48 free throws in its season-opener against Jackson State. To compare, KU shot 40 free throws in its opener against Hofstra.

• Memphis allowed 14 offensive rebounds to Jackson State in its opener. KU might be successful on the offensive glass tonight, as the Jayhawks had 18 offensive rebounds against Hofstra in their first game.

• Memphis had 14 assists and 14 turnovers against Jackson State.

• Duke transfer Elliot Williams, a 6-5 sophomore guard, led Memphis with 19 points against Jackson State. Williams started 12 games for Duke last year.

• Memphis coach Josh Pastner was a walk-on on the 1997 Arizona team that defeated KU in the Sweet 16.

• Memphis is 0-8 all-time against No. 1-ranked opponents.

7:55 p.m.

Welcome back to the Newell Post Live, coming to you from the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., where the Kansas Jayhawks are getting set to take on the Memphis Tigers.

With the Louisville-Arkansas game barely past halftime here, there's virtually no chance of this game beginning at the 9 p.m. start time. Plan your schedule accordingly.

I know it's early, but here's something I wondered about this team after three games: What is KU's biggest weakness?

Last year, the Jayhawks didn't always consistently hit the outside shot. Oftentimes, teams that used zone defenses gave KU fits.

This year, it looks like Xavier Henry's shooting range will make many coaches think twice about zoning the Jayhawks.

Rebounding shouldn't be a problem, either, with Cole Aldrich, Thomas Robinson and (the more athletic) Morris twins underneath.

Defensively, KU has had a high number of steals so far, and coach Bill Self's teams tend to only get better defensively as the season goes on.

About the only potential weakness I can come up with at this point might be turnovers. It was a problem for the Jayhawks last year, and with some young (Elijah Johnson) and sometimes careless (Tyshawn Taylor) players at the guard positions (along with Sherron Collins, who will have an occasional turnover here and there), KU still might have issues giving the ball away.

Again, that's just a guess for a weakness this early in the season. KU turned it over only 12 times against Hofstra, and that's an awfully good number.

We'll learn more tonight, as Memphis pressed some of the game against Jackson State and forced 20 turnovers. I don't know how much the Tigers will press the athletic Jayhawks, but we should get a better gauge of how well KU protects the basketball against UM.

CoMoChief
11-18-2009, 01:02 AM
sloppy ass game that was.....good thing it's early.....they should be dominant come big12 play. Tennessee looked good tonite. They better be ready for their other marquee non conf matchups.

Ari Chi3fs
11-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Mount Aldrich tops rankings
By Tom Keegan
November 18, 2009

1. Cole Aldrich: He makes shooters so tentative in the paint, makes them think about where he is and whether he’s a threat to block their shots. Had 18 points, 11 rebounds, five blocked shots and a steal.

2. Sherron Collins: Bothered by leg cramps, he missed a long stretch but came back in time to steady the ship. Had 12 points, five rebounds, two steals and two assists and attempted just seven field goals.

3. Marcus Morris: Had 10 points, moved his feet great on defense and generally looked very confident.

4. Markieff Morris: Played strong defensively and contributed six rebounds.

5. Xavier Henry: Forced it a little offensively, making 3 of 11 shots from the field. Had four turnovers without an assist, but did contribute three steals.

6. Tyrel Reed: Missed both shots and had trouble feeding the post.

7. Tyshawn Taylor: Rough, rough night. Had game-high five assists, but missed all four field goal attempts and committed seven turnovers.

8. Thomas Robinson: Played just two minutes, had an offensive rebound and couldn’t convert. Coach Bill Self said it was not a good night to play Robinson and Aldrich together because of the quick lineup Memphis used.

9. Elijah Johnson: Rattled by Memphis pressure, not unusual for a freshman guard playing in November.

T1. Sherron Collins (18 points)
T1. Cole Aldrich (18 points)
3. Xavier Henry (16 points)
4. Marcus Morris (13 points)
T5. Tyshawn Taylor (11 points)
T5. Markieff Morris (11 points)
T7. Elijah Johnson (8 points)
T7. Tyrel Reed (8 points)
9. Thomas Robinson (5 points)

Mr. Plow
11-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Rock Chalk tag.

Ari Chi3fs
11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Someone needs to start the game thread for tonight... I'm mobile and mobile CP doesn't allow the starting of new threads... Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
11-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Mine does. But I'm not going to do it. I started the KU CU game thread that copmpletely destroyed the football season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
11-19-2009, 06:36 PM
done

Mr. Plow
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Mine does. But I'm not going to do it. I started the KU CU game thread that copmpletely destroyed the football season.
Posted via Mobile Device

Way to go Buehler. You are not only responsible for that loss, but every subsequent loss and NOW you are directly responsible for Mangino getting canned.

Ari Chi3fs
11-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Fuckin Buehler... Heh

Hey thanks again Laz. Rep is on its way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
11-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Way to go Buehler. You are not only responsible for that loss, but every subsequent loss and NOW you are directly responsible for Mangino getting canned.

I know dude. No more game threads for the Buehler.

Ari Chi3fs
11-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Central Arkansas Game Thread (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218461)

Final KU 94 - CAU - 44

Reerun_KC
11-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/alles_moegliche/mixed-smiley-002.gif

Yep all your fault....

Mr. Plow
11-20-2009, 08:41 AM
I know dude. No more game threads for the Buehler.

Mangino wasn't enough for you so now you are trying to take down Perkins as well?

Ari Chi3fs
11-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Saul's EMAW thread is running laps around this one. I am embarrassed at your contributions... letting that inferior team from the west get more posts than this one. Tsk tsk.

ArrowheadHawk
11-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Saul's EMAW thread is running laps around this one. I am embarrassed at your contributions... letting that inferior team from the west get more posts than this one. Tsk tsk.

+1.

ArrowheadHawk
11-21-2009, 01:01 AM
Lets get drunk and post.....oh wait.

CHENZ A!
11-21-2009, 01:50 AM
damn Chalmers dropped 30 tonight. they lost, but still.

Silock
11-21-2009, 02:28 AM

Quality > quantity

Goes well with the KU basketball team that has a large quantity of quality.

Braincase
11-21-2009, 10:01 AM

The EMAW thread is like an 8-year Seinfeld run. Alot of episodes, but at the core, it's still a show about nothing.

Bearcat
12-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Pretty good article on the gave vs Alcorn State, and some insight into the effort from last night...

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/dec/03/ku-shows-no-mercy/

Mr. Plow
12-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Didn't want to make a thread for this....and this is as good of place as any...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4752725

INDIANAPOLIS -- Bob Knight said integrity is lacking in college basketball and cited Kentucky coach John Calipari as an example.

During a fundraiser for the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame, Knight said he doesn't understand why Calipari is still coaching.

"We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching," he said. "You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."

Massachusetts and Memphis were both sanctioned by the NCAA for violations committed during Calipari's tenure.

Knight, who won a record 902 games as coach of Army, Indiana and Texas Tech, did not elaborate or take questions from reporters.

But for more than 90 minutes Thursday, Knight recounted tales from his coaching days, stories from the recruiting trail, lessons he passed along to players and, oh yes, even a new critique of the NCAA.

Just like old times for Knight, except this speech had some poignant moments, too.

"You know, I've always been a Kenny Rogers fan and I always liked that song where he says 'You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run," Knight said. "I've tried to follow that philosophy, and I should have run at Indiana when the trustees and the administration had gotten too far apart and that's probably as much my fault as it was theirs."

Knight, who wore a green sweater, instead of his trademark red one, said he had been advised by three different people early in his career that he was too strong-willed to stay at Indiana forever. Instead of heeding that advice, though, Knight said he couldn't find a better basketball environment and stayed right up until the moment Myles Brand fired him in September 2000.

It's close as Knight has gotten to admitting he may have made a mistake in Bloomington.

Those who paid $50 for the Indiana Basketball Hall of Fame didn't come to hear Knight offer regrets, they came to hear the man they still revere and Knight welcomed the two standing ovations he received.

"I'll always take great pleasure in having been part of the heritage of basketball in Indiana," he said.

It was a rare trip to the state where Knight was treated like a royalty, and it was his first public appearance in Indiana since skipping his own induction into the Indiana University Hall of Fame last month.

Before the induction, new athletic director Fred Glass made a personal plea to reunite The General and the university, to no avail. Knight said then that he didn't want to distract from the induction of others into the Hall of Fame.

It may not have been the only reason he didn't go.

"I would have loved to have seen him back for the induction," said longtime broadcaster Chuck Marlowe, who writes to Knight on a regular basis. "But he explained to me that 'You do know there are still reasons why I cannot do it."

Marlowe was one of the friends hoping Thursday night's appearance may open the door to getting Knight and the university back together.

"I think somewhere along the line, there will be a relationship renewed that will bring him back into a relationship with IU," Marlowe said.

But Knight is in town on a business trip. He is scheduled to be an analyst on ESPN's broadcast of the Xavier-Butler game Saturday afternoon.

The fiery coach set a Division I record with 902 wins before retiring at Texas Tech, winning three national championships at Indiana and the hearts of many Hoosiers fans with his outspokenness.

Before dinner, Knight took pictures with fans and signed autographs, and he spent much of the speech telling tales about former players, like Quinn Buckner and Scott May, who were in attendance and some, like former Army player Mike Krzyzewski, who were not.

That drew plenty of laughter from a loyal fan base that nearly sold out all the tickets in less than three weeks.

"He was very gracious and easy to work with," Hall of Fame executive director Chris May said. "I think he's very excited to be back with his old friends from Indiana."

But Knight still lobbed memorable one-liners at some old targets.

He criticized a proposed tournament expansion to 96 teams, saying nobody should get a bye in the NCAA tournament.

He urged the governing body's administration to require tournament teams to submit eligibility reports, an effort to assure that players who are competing in postseason games have been attending classes and earning acceptable grades.

"Very few people know this, but a kid can play the first semester as a freshman, pass six hours of anything and play in the NCAA tournament without ever attending a class in the second semester. I don't think that's right."

Knight also said he was glad to be out of coaching because he no longer had to deal with poor officials or incompetent administrators.

Clearly, though, Indiana basketball carries a special fondness.

"There is nobody in the history of coaching who knows how hard and how intelligently his players played," Knight said. "That was my joy in life."

Reerun_KC
12-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Good points on Calipari... At what point does the NCAA start holding him accountable?

Braincase
12-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Good points on Calipari... At what point does the NCAA start holding him accountable?

After he gets caught cheating and winning the championship in the same year.

BWillie
12-18-2009, 11:01 AM

He does a good job of wiping his hands clean. Let me assure you he knows what is going on - probably even helps plan it out. But he doesn't leave a paper trail and makes it appear that he COULD have not known about it.

It's a repeating pattern and it would be nice if he is finally caught. I'm pretty happy though, when Kentucky has to vacate all their wins in a few years from the Calipari era, KU will move into first for all time wins.

Ari Chi3fs
12-18-2009, 11:46 AM
I don't know how we will move into #1 all-time wins... UNC has to drop off the face of the earth for awhile for that to happen... lol

Stewie
12-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I love how Bobby Knight thinks things were rosy back in the day. Doesn't he remember Sam Gilbert?

Mr. Plow
12-18-2009, 06:42 PM
I don't know how we will move into #1 all-time wins... UNC has to drop off the face of the earth for awhile for that to happen... lol

True. But it could go back and forth between KU/UNC for quite awhile should it happen.

WilliamTheIrish
12-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Knight has a pretty good soapbox here. He suspended players (good players) not because they failed to meet NCAA minimum grade requirements, but because they failed to meet HIS mimimum grade requirements.

Calipari today is an easy villain. But that's ridiculous. He's no different than any other D-1 coach out there.

sedated
12-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Calipari today is an easy villain. But that's ridiculous. He's no different than any other D-1 coach out there.

yeah, they all have 2 final fours vacated.

Mr. Plow
12-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Week 6 AP Rankings:

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg0" align="left"><td colspan="6">AP Top 25</td></tr> <tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>No.</td><td>School</td><td>Record</td><td>Points</td><td>Prev</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">1</td><td align="left">Kansas (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KS/kansas-jayhawks) (55)</td><td align="right">10-0</td><td align="right">1611</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">2</td><td align="left">Texas (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TX/texas-longhorns) (7)</td><td align="right">10-0</td><td align="right">1543</td><td align="right">2</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">3</td><td align="left">Kentucky (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KY/kentucky-wildcats) (1)</td><td align="right">11-0</td><td align="right">1477</td><td align="right">3</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">4</td><td align="left">Purdue (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/PUR/purdue-boilermakers) </td><td align="right">10-0</td><td align="right">1422</td><td align="right">4</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">5</td><td align="left">Syracuse (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/SYR/syracuse-orange) (2)</td><td align="right">11-0</td><td align="right">1397</td><td align="right">5</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">6</td><td align="left">West Virginia (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/WV/westvirginia-mountaineers) </td><td align="right">8-0</td><td align="right">1290</td><td align="right">6</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">7</td><td align="left">Duke (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/DUKE/duke-bluedevils) </td><td align="right">9-1</td><td align="right">1249</td><td align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">8</td><td align="left">Villanova (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/NOVA/villanova-wildcats) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">1175</td><td align="right">8</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">9</td><td align="left">Michigan State (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/MIST/michiganstate-spartans) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">1046</td><td align="right">12</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">10</td><td align="left">North Carolina (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/NC/northcarolina-tarheels) </td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">959</td><td align="right">10</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">11</td><td align="left">Connecticut (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/CT/connecticut-huskies) </td><td align="right">7-2</td><td align="right">950</td><td align="right">14</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">12</td><td align="left">Kansas State (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KSST/kansasstate-wildcats) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">810</td><td align="right">17</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">13</td><td align="left">New Mexico (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/NM/newmexico-lobos) </td><td align="right">12-0</td><td align="right">707</td><td align="right">19</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">14</td><td align="left">Georgetown (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/GTOWN/georgetown-hoyas) </td><td align="right">8-1</td><td align="right">676</td><td align="right">11</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">15</td><td align="left">Mississippi (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/MS/mississippi-rebels) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">624</td><td align="right">20</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">16</td><td align="left">Tennessee (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TN/tennessee-volunteers) </td><td align="right">8-2</td><td align="right">616</td><td align="right">9</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">17</td><td align="left">Ohio State (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/OHST/ohiostate-buckeyes) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">562</td><td align="right">18</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">18</td><td align="left">Florida (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/FL/florida-gators) </td><td align="right">8-2</td><td align="right">519</td><td align="right">13</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">19</td><td align="left">Texas A&M (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TXAM/texasam-aggies) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">320</td><td align="right">23</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">20</td><td align="left">Butler (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/BUT/butler-bulldogs) </td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">315</td><td align="right">21</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">21</td><td align="left">Temple (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TEMP/temple-owls) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">244</td><td align="right">30</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">22</td><td align="left">Washington (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/WA/washington-huskies) </td><td align="right">7-2</td><td align="right">194</td><td align="right">24</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">23</td><td align="left">Texas Tech (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TXTECH/texastech-redraiders) </td><td align="right">9-1</td><td align="right">192</td><td align="right">16</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">24</td><td align="left">Clemson (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/CLEM/clemson-tigers) </td><td align="right">10-2</td><td align="right">151</td><td align="right">29</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">25</td><td align="left">Gonzaga (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/GONZAG/gonzaga-bulldogs) </td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">146</td><td align="right">15</td></tr><tr id="special" class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td colspan="6" align="left">Others Receiving Votes: Florida State(10-2) 127; UNLV(10-1) 126; Wisconsin(8-2) 96; Northwestern(9-1) 89; Georgia Tech(8-2) 76; St. John's(9-1) 53; Miami (Fla.)(11-1) 50; Missouri State(10-0) 45; Dayton(8-2) 39; UAB(10-1) 29; Charlotte(9-1) 29; Oklahoma State(9-1) 29; St. Mary's(9-1) 21; Brigham Young(10-1) 20; Wichita State(10-1) 18; Memphis(7-2) 16; Tulsa(9-1) 12; North Carolina State(8-2) 11; Cincinnati(7-3) 9; Mississippi State(9-2) 8; Baylor(9-1) 6; Wake Forest(8-2) 4; William & Mary(7-2) 3; Virginia Tech(9-1) 3; California(6-3) 3; Richmond(8-3) 2; Western Carolina(10-1) 2; Army(8-2) 1; Northern Iowa(8-1) 1; Pittsburgh(9-2) 1; Rhode Island(9-1) 1</td></tr><tr id="special" class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td colspan="6" align="left">Updated: (12/21/2009) at 13:28 EST</td></tr></tbody></table>

Coaches

<table border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg0" align="left"><td colspan="6">oaches Poll</td></tr> <tr class="bg4" align="left"><td>No.</td><td>School</td><td>Record</td><td>Points</td><td>Prev</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">1</td><td align="left">Kansas (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KS/kansas-jayhawks) (31)</td><td align="right">10-0</td><td align="right">775</td><td align="right">1</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">2</td><td align="left">Texas (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TX/texas-longhorns) </td><td align="right">10-0</td><td align="right">738</td><td align="right">2</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">3</td><td align="left">Kentucky (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KY/kentucky-wildcats) </td><td align="right">11-0</td><td align="right">700</td><td align="right">3</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">4</td><td align="left">Purdue (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/PUR/purdue-boilermakers) </td><td align="right">10-0</td><td align="right">677</td><td align="right">4</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">5</td><td align="left">Syracuse (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/SYR/syracuse-orange) </td><td align="right">11-0</td><td align="right">658</td><td align="right">5</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">6</td><td align="left">West Virginia (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/WV/westvirginia-mountaineers) </td><td align="right">8-0</td><td align="right">629</td><td align="right">6</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">7</td><td align="left">Duke (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/DUKE/duke-bluedevils) </td><td align="right">9-1</td><td align="right">589</td><td align="right">7</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">8</td><td align="left">Villanova (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/NOVA/villanova-wildcats) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">553</td><td align="right">9</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">9</td><td align="left">Michigan State (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/MIST/michiganstate-spartans) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">490</td><td align="right">12</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">10</td><td align="left">North Carolina (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/NC/northcarolina-tarheels) </td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">448</td><td align="right">10</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">11</td><td align="left">Connecticut (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/CT/connecticut-huskies) </td><td align="right">7-2</td><td align="right">438</td><td align="right">14</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">12</td><td align="left">New Mexico (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/NM/newmexico-lobos) </td><td align="right">12-0</td><td align="right">349</td><td align="right">19</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">13</td><td align="left">Georgetown (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/GTOWN/georgetown-hoyas) </td><td align="right">8-1</td><td align="right">332</td><td align="right">11</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">14</td><td align="left">Tennessee (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TN/tennessee-volunteers) </td><td align="right">8-2</td><td align="right">311</td><td align="right">8</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">15</td><td align="left">Kansas State (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/KSST/kansasstate-wildcats) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">289</td><td align="right">22</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">16</td><td align="left">Butler (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/BUT/butler-bulldogs) </td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">280</td><td align="right">17</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">17</td><td align="left">Ohio State (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/OHST/ohiostate-buckeyes) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">251</td><td align="right">18</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">18</td><td align="left">Florida (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/FL/florida-gators) </td><td align="right">8-2</td><td align="right">198</td><td align="right">13</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">19</td><td align="left">Washington (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/WA/washington-huskies) </td><td align="right">7-2</td><td align="right">168</td><td align="right">21</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">20</td><td align="left">UNLV (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/UNLV/unlv-rebels) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">162</td><td align="right">23</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">21</td><td align="left">Mississippi (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/MS/mississippi-rebels) </td><td align="right">10-1</td><td align="right">159</td><td align="right">25</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">22</td><td align="left">Georgia Tech (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/GATECH/georgiatech-yellowjackets) </td><td align="right">8-2</td><td align="right">129</td><td align="right">15</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">23</td><td align="left">Clemson (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/CLEM/clemson-tigers) </td><td align="right">10-2</td><td align="right">127</td><td align="right">24</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">24</td><td align="left">Gonzaga (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/GONZAG/gonzaga-bulldogs) </td><td align="right">8-3</td><td align="right">122</td><td align="right">15</td></tr><tr class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td align="left">25</td><td align="left">Temple (http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/page/TEMP/temple-owls) </td><td align="right">9-2</td><td align="right">57</td><td align="right">30</td></tr><tr id="special" class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td colspan="6" align="left">Others Receiving Votes: Texas A&M(9-2) 54; Texas Tech(9-1) 49; Florida State(10-2) 41; St. John's(9-1) 33; St. Mary's(9-1) 31; Brigham Young(10-1) 28; Wisconsin(8-2) 28; Northwestern(9-1) 21; Wake Forest(8-2) 20; Charlotte(9-1) 16; Oklahoma State(9-1) 16; Illinois(8-3) 12; Cincinnati(7-3) 12; Virginia Tech(9-1) 12; Tulsa(9-1) 11; William & Mary(7-2) 11; California(6-3) 10; Dayton(8-2) 10; Missouri State(10-0) 8; Washington State(9-2) 6; Western Carolina(10-1) 6; Miami (Fla.)(11-1) 3; Mississippi State(9-2) 3; Richmond(8-3) 2; Louisville(7-3) 1; Northern Iowa(8-1) 1; Old Dominion(7-4) 1</td></tr><tr id="special" class="bg2" align="right" height="17" valign="middle"><td colspan="6" align="left">Updated: (12/21/2009) at 13:28 EST</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr. Plow
12-21-2009, 02:56 PM
KSU up to #12/#15

sedated
12-21-2009, 03:47 PM
I can't believe Syracuse is still only 5th

Ari Chi3fs
12-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Marcus Morris admits he was inspired by a lie.

Kansas coach Bill Self told his big men in the halftime locker room that Cal had outrebounded KU by two in the opening 20 minutes.

Turns out that wasn’t entirely accurate. The Jayhawks actually had outrebounded the Bears, 23-21, in the first half.

“I was looking at him like, ‘Down two? I feel like we out-rebounded them by a lot,’” Marcus said after KU’s 84-69 victory on Tuesday. “At the end of the game, he just joked about it.”

Marcus said he was glad the coach fibbed on the stats to prove a point.

“Yeah, definitely, because when he tells us stuff that’s wrong, and when he tells me I’m not on the boards, I’ve got to get on it,” Marcus said. “I make a drastic effort the next half to get on the rebounds.”

KU’s four big men — Marcus, Markieff Morris, Cole Aldrich and Thomas Robinson — gathered together before the second half, encouraging each other to fight for every rebound.

KU ended up outrebounding Cal, 39-33. The Bears came into Tuesday’s game averaging 7.1 more rebounds than their opponents.

“I think I told them they were getting outrebounded (at half),” Self said with a grin, “but I think we were plus-two, if I’m not mistaken. Yeah, I challenged them. ... We didn’t rebound the ball unbelievable, but we didn’t rebound it poorly, either. I thought we did a decent job on the glass.”

Marcus, meanwhile, contributed his second consecutive strong performance.

After scoring a career-high 23 points to go with 10 rebounds against Michigan on Saturday, Marcus posted 14 points and seven rebounds Tuesday.

Perhaps more importantly for Marcus, he registered his second straight, 30-plus minute game. He played 31 minutes against Cal after playing 32 against Michigan.

“That does mean a lot. That means that (Coach) trusts me more,” Marcus said. “I feel like he trusts me a lot more to leave me in there for 32 minutes.

“It’s not just this game. He does it all the time. That’s where I’ve got to earn my trust with him, and I feel like during practice and during the beginning of the year, I have earned my trust with him that he can leave me in there.”

Self’s confidence in Marcus was evident Tuesday, as Marcus was subbed out after letting Cal’s Theo Robertson by him a couple times on defense.

The sophomore was subbed back in a few minutes later.

Marcus made the proper defensive adjustments on Robertson in the second half. After scoring 12 before halftime, Robertson mustered just one point on 0-for-4 shooting in the final 20 minutes.

Ari Chi3fs
12-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Taylor's efficiency earns him top Keegan honor
By Tom Keegan
December 23, 2009
1. Tyshawn Taylor: Not KU's leading scorer, but still had the team's best stat line. Contributed 13 points on 6-for-8 shooting with seven assists, two steals, two rebounds and just one turnover. Taylor has 24 assists and just two turnovers in his last four games.

2. Cole Aldrich: Was team’s best player in first half and finished with 10 points, 10 rebounds and five blocked shots in 22 minutes.

3. Marcus Morris: Had 14 points and seven rebounds. Ran the floor hard in both directions and used superior quickness to score buckets on the interior.

4. Sherron Collins: Had 17 points and five assists and made half of his six three-point shots.

5. Xavier Henry: Got the team off to hot start in second half and finished with 12 points, eight rebounds and three assists.

6. Brady Morningstar: Shaky first half, but played outstanding in the second half. Finished with seven points, seven assists and two steals in 21 minutes.

7. Markieff Morris: He really knows how to get inside position, has great hands and hits the boards hard. Had six points and seven boards in 11 minutes.

8. Tyrel Reed: Three points, three assists and two steals in 11 minutes.

9. Thomas Robinson: Charged with five turnovers, though one came on a highly questionable call.

10. Elijah Johnson: Played a minute, was beaten defensively and returned to the bench.

1. Sherron Collins (88 points)
2. Xavier Henry (82 points)
3. Cole Aldrich (80 points)
4. Marcus Morris (73 points)
5. Markieff Morris (62 points)
6. Tyshawn Taylor (60 points)
7. Thomas Robinson (49 points)
8. Tyrel Reed (44 points)
9. Elijah Johnson (40 points)
T10. C.J. Henry (11 points)
T10. Brady Morningstar (11 points)

wildcat09
12-23-2009, 03:34 PM
anyone thinking about buying tickets to the final four?? Indy is a drivable trip.

Ari Chi3fs
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Id love to... in fact, I have an uncle that lives there with a huge house... hrmm

Pablo
12-23-2009, 03:42 PM
OMG, you arrogant KU fans are already talking about the Final Four....not surprising/muron.

Ari Chi3fs
12-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Funny, one of my business partners just offered me a ticket to the Final Four... so looks like I'll be going. mwh aha ha

Archie F. Swin
12-23-2009, 06:41 PM
as a KU fan, Texas scares the poop outta me.

see there.....I just pooped

Ari Chi3fs
12-29-2009, 10:18 PM
KU beats Belmont by 30 points... to go 12-0...

and to win 50 in a row at home.

Next up...

@ #19 Temple
Cornell
@ #14 Tennessee
@ Noobraska
#24 Texas Tech
Baylor

Mr. Plow
01-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Pomeroy Rankings....only top 50.

http://kenpom.com/rate.php

Data through games of Sunday, January 3 (http://kenpom.com/date.php?d=2010-01-03)

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE NON-CONF SOS
Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php) Team Conf W (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=Wins)-L (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=Losses) Pyth (http://kenpom.com/rate.php) AdjO/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=AdjOE) AdjD/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=AdjDE) Cons/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=Consistency) Luck/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=Luck) Pyth/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=SOSPythag) OppO/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=SOSO) OppD/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=SOSD) Pyth/Rnk (http://kenpom.com/rate.php?s=NCSOSPythag)
1 Kansas (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Kansas) B12 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B12) 13-0 .9911 122.5/2 81.3/3 22.6/218 +.034/94 .4843/219 99.5/241 100.1/175 .4843/218
2 Duke (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Duke) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 12-1 .9881 122.6/1 83.5/6 23.0/227 -.025/202 .5920/100 102.8/87 99.6/137 .5601/141
3 Texas (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Texas) B12 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B12) 13-0 .9848 113.4/25 78.9/1 19.9/137 +.037/90 .4867/217 98.9/268 99.4/127 .4867/215
4 Wisconsin (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Wisconsin) B10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B10) 12-2 .9711 117.3/9 86.4/13 26.5/306 +.015/129 .6035/91 102.3/102 98.6/89 .5490/148
5 Brigham Young (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Brigham%20Young) MWC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=MWC) 14-1 .9676 117.4/7 87.4/19 26.8/310 +.050/67 .4504/246 101.3/152 103.1/313 .4504/243
6 Syracuse (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Syracuse) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 13-1 .9673 117.0/10 87.2/18 18.8/109 -.017/187 .5237/167 100.9/179 100.0/171 .4397/255
7 Purdue (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Purdue) B10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B10) 13-0 .9596 112.2/31 85.2/7 13.5/12 +.021/118 .5147/176 101.6/131 101.1/237 .5008/200
8 California (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=California) P10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=P10) 9-4 .9585 120.3/4 91.6/50 27.6/320 -.076/283 .7267/20 104.2/39 95.7/15 .7438/27
9 Missouri (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Missouri) B12 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B12) 11-3 .9574 112.9/27 86.1/12 26.8/309 -.072/272 .4399/261 98.8/272 100.9/226 .4399/253
10 West Virginia (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=West%20Virginia) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 11-1 .9542 117.5/6 90.3/36 19.9/138 +.080/35 .7194/25 104.4/36 96.2/26 .6646/62

11 Minnesota (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Minnesota) B10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B10) 11-3 .9529 108.2/68 83.3/5 23.9/255 -.093/304 .4618/238 102.5/92 103.9/330 .4320/258
12 Kentucky (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Kentucky) SEC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=SEC) 15-0 .9512 116.3/15 89.8/34 20.7/159 +.095/23 .4868/216 100.7/186 101.1/241 .4868/214
13 Mississippi St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Mississippi%20St.) SEC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=SEC) 12-2 .9466 113.4/26 88.3/25 23.7/248 -.014/184 .4275/267 98.3/282 100.9/221 .4275/263
14 Kansas St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Kansas%20St.) B12 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B12) 13-1 .9457 115.4/17 90.0/35 16.9/59 +.008/148 .5765/114 102.4/98 99.7/146 .5765/125
15 Georgetown (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Georgetown) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 11-1 .9413 110.9/45 87.1/16 16.6/52 +.008/144 .5756/115 100.3/202 97.7/60 .5636/138
16 Tennessee (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Tennessee) SEC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=SEC) 10-2 .9374 110.6/48 87.4/20 28.6/325 +.034/95 .5190/172 99.0/266 98.3/76 .5190/181
17 Michigan St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Michigan%20St.) B10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B10) 11-3 .9360 116.9/11 92.6/58 21.5/183 -.074/276 .5367/150 101.4/142 100.1/178 .4968/204
18 Clemson (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Clemson) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 12-3 .9336 109.6/56 87.1/15 27.1/311 +.003/154 .5320/157 101.3/151 100.2/182 .4429/249
19 Georgia Tech (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Georgia%20Tech) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 11-2 .9275 106.8/83 85.6/10 18.7/104 -.048/236 .4268/269 97.1/313 99.6/140 .3895/292
20 Memphis (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Memphis) CUSA (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=CUSA) 10-3 .9272 109.6/55 87.9/23 21.7/190 -.146/335 .3291/329 97.7/296 104.0/332 .3291/324

21 Old Dominion (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Old%20Dominion) CAA (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=CAA) 9-5 .9266 106.4/90 85.4/9 30.3/335 -.078/285 .6286/68 101.1/166 96.6/34 .6695/59
22 Marquette (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Marquette) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 9-5 .9254 115.8/16 93.1/62 25.3/286 -.179/344 .5109/185 100.5/193 100.1/177 .3974/285
23 Vanderbilt (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Vanderbilt) SEC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=SEC) 10-3 .9217 110.9/46 89.5/32 25.0/279 -.018/189 .5864/108 103.0/80 99.9/163 .5864/119
24 Miami FL (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Miami%20FL) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 14-1 .9196 109.2/60 88.4/26 15.4/28 -.039/222 .3140/336 96.7/325 103.5/323 .2745/344
25 St. Mary's (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=St.%20Mary%27s) WCC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=WCC) 13-2 .9189 117.4/8 95.0/87 21.8/196 +.002/156 .5270/165 102.5/94 101.5/264 .5270/170
26 Ohio St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Ohio%20St.) B10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B10) 10-4 .9170 112.9/28 91.6/51 35.4/347 -.049/237 .4535/244 100.5/195 102.1/293 .3268/325
27 Pittsburgh (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Pittsburgh) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 12-2 .9160 107.3/76 87.1/17 18.1/84 +.027/108 .5613/131 99.6/240 97.5/51 .5017/198
28 Xavier (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Xavier) A10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=A10) 8-5 .9136 111.8/36 91.1/45 25.9/294 -.107/318 .6960/31 104.6/33 97.3/45 .6960/49
29 New Mexico (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=New%20Mexico) MWC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=MWC) 14-1 .9134 115.3/18 93.9/72 18.7/103 +.071/42 .5679/122 103.0/79 100.6/198 .5679/134
30 Florida St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Florida%20St.) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 12-2 .9125 101.6/158 82.9/4 27.1/312 +.074/40 .4559/242 99.1/261 100.7/206 .3953/287

STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE NON-CONF SOS
Rnk Team Conf W-L Pyth AdjO/Rnk AdjD/Rnk Cons/Rnk Luck/Rnk Pyth/Rnk OppO/Rnk OppD/Rnk Pyth/Rnk
31 Villanova (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Villanova) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 12-1 .9123 116.3/14 94.9/85 20.8/161 +.075/39 .5096/187 100.1/214 99.8/150 .4418/252
32 Mississippi (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Mississippi) SEC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=SEC) 11-2 .9107 116.8/13 95.5/92 21.6/187 +.001/162 .5293/163 101.2/161 100.1/179 .5293/166
33 Temple (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Temple) A10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=A10) 11-3 .9105 104.5/117 85.4/8 23.1/229 +.081/33 .7241/23 103.9/44 95.6/13 .7241/36
34 Arizona St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Arizona%20St.) P10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=P10) 10-5 .9088 111.1/43 91.0/44 33.5/344 -.079/286 .5001/201 99.7/236 99.7/145 .4394/256
35 Butler (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Butler) Horz (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=Horz) 10-4 .9059 114.0/21 93.6/68 17.2/67 -.031/211 .7519/11 104.6/30 95.0/7 .8295/7
36 Connecticut (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Connecticut) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 10-3 .9046 108.9/63 89.5/33 15.2/23 -.082/291 .6465/60 103.5/57 98.2/74 .6029/101
37 North Carolina (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=North%20Carolina) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 11-3 .9035 111.1/44 91.4/47 23.9/254 +.006/151 .5384/148 102.2/106 100.9/223 .5384/156
38 Louisville (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Louisville) BE (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=BE) 10-4 .9015 110.8/47 91.4/46 25.9/295 -.071/269 .4883/214 101.0/173 101.4/255 .4708/231
39 Wake Forest (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Wake%20Forest) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 11-2 .9015 105.5/103 87.1/14 20.4/153 +.037/89 .5364/152 101.0/171 99.7/149 .5274/169
40 UAB (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=UAB) CUSA (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=CUSA) 12-2 .8994 107.2/78 88.6/27 17.6/75 +.014/131 .5619/130 103.0/81 100.8/213 .5619/140

41 Maryland (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Maryland) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 9-4 .8967 109.8/52 91.0/43 27.4/317 -.104/315 .4849/218 101.1/168 101.6/271 .4849/217
42 Tulsa (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Tulsa) CUSA (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=CUSA) 10-3 .8908 112.6/29 93.9/71 33.0/342 +.001/161 .3949/291 100.0/217 103.8/327 .3949/288
43 Wright St. (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Wright%20St.) Horz (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=Horz) 10-5 .8899 107.1/79 89.3/30 23.6/243 -.105/316 .5030/197 101.8/123 101.7/278 .5375/157
44 Texas El Paso (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Texas%20El%20Paso) CUSA (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=CUSA) 9-3 .8884 107.0/82 89.4/31 25.1/283 -.073/275 .3557/318 99.5/244 104.8/345 .3557/310
45 Virginia Tech (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Virginia%20Tech) ACC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=ACC) 12-1 .8867 102.9/138 86.1/11 18.1/82 +.047/70 .3602/317 100.4/200 105.5/347 .3602/307
46 Texas A&M (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Texas%20A%26M) B12 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B12) 10-3 .8847 109.9/51 92.0/56 17.7/77 -.060/255 .6080/82 102.8/88 99.0/114 .6080/97
47 Florida (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Florida) SEC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=SEC) 11-3 .8835 104.7/114 87.8/22 20.3/150 -.053/246 .4125/277 98.9/269 102.0/287 .4125/276
48 Northern Iowa (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Northern%20Iowa) MVC (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=MVC) 12-1 .8832 112.1/32 94.0/73 14.3/17 +.025/112 .4912/211 100.1/215 100.4/193 .4545/240
49 Baylor (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Baylor) B12 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=B12) 11-1 .8779 109.0/61 91.8/52 16.8/56 +.015/130 .3721/312 98.9/270 103.5/320 .3721/299
50 Southern California (http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=Southern%20California) P10 (http://kenpom.com/conf.php?y=2010&c=P10) 10-4 .8733 95.5/242 80.8/2 23.3/236 +.061/53 .6617/46 103.5/60 97.6/55 .6527/71
</pre>

Lzen
01-04-2010, 01:36 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/polls/rpi/index1

Mr. Plow
01-13-2010, 11:04 AM
This is the type of stuff that worries me about this team. Sounds like some are not on the same page. Self doesn't sound too happy with Tyshawn.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/jan/12/taylor-says-times-hes-unsure-his-role-deep-talent-/

Lincoln, Neb. — Tyshawn Taylor, who was a starter last season and is a starter playing similar minutes this season, nonetheless said Tuesday he’s unsure of his role on the 2009-10 Kansas University basketball team.

“We have so many people, so many players, so I feel like I don’t know, sometimes I don’t know how I fit, like what I'm supposed to do,” Taylor said before Tuesday’s practice in Allen Fieldhouse.

“Like Sherron (Collins) is a scorer or X (Xavier Henry) is a scorer. Cole (Aldrich) is our post presence. Sherron is our point guard, so sometimes I feel like I get lost in the thing. I think a lot of guys feel like that.”

Sophomore combo guard Taylor, who averaged 6.8 shots per game last season to 6.1 this year, takes a 7.3 scoring mark (compared to 9.7 a year ago) into No. 3-ranked KU’s conference opener at Nebraska (12-4).

Tipoff is 8 p.m. at Devaney Center, with a live telecast on ESPN2.

“I think when everybody finds out their role on this team and gets ready and everybody gets on the same page, then that’s when we're going to be ready,” added Taylor, who averages 23.9 minutes a game compared to 26.5 last season.

“I feel like it just hasn’t been brought to the light because of our schedule so far. We got to a team (Tennessee) that had good players and maybe shouldn’t have beat us, but got the best of us that day (Sunday in KU's 76-68 loss). Now we know that we’ve got to be ready to play every night. We can’t take anything lightly.”

KU coach Bill Self was not pleased to hear of Taylor’s take Tuesday on players’ roles.

“Well I think Tyshawn talks too much, because I’ve never heard that before, and I’ll visit with him about it after practice,” Self said. “If he’s unsure of his role, then he doesn't listen very good. It bothers me that any player would say that the day before a game, but I’ll address it after practice.”

Later, on the Jayhawks’ bus ride to Nebraska, Self said he spoke to Taylor about his comments. Self had no further comment on the matter.

No official team meetings were held after Sunday’s loss but Marcus Morris said he and his brother were going to talk with Brady Morningstar over lunch at Morningstar's request.

"Me, ’Kieff and Brady actually had a long conversation on the phone,” Marcus said. “Brady is one of my closest friends on the team. He felt he needed to talk to us. All of us need to get our minds right for the Big 12 conference."

The Morris twins combined for seven points and eight rebounds Sunday.

“I feel I had enough energy. I feel I just had a couple bad games, two bad games,” Marcus said. “I feel I’ve not been in my groove offensively. I have to do other things as far as rebounding and playing defense.”

Sherron Collins said Marcus Morris had the best practice of anybody during Monday’s marathon session.

Freshman Xavier Henry wants to improve on a Tennessee game in which he had 10 points off 3-of-7 shooting.

“I haven’t been as aggressive as I usually have been. I shot only six or seven times. I wasn’t looking for it too much,” Henry said. “I’m going to try to keep playing through the team and help the team win.”

Collins has put up 36 shots the last two games.

“I took it not as a personal thing, (but) I just want to win, so I tried to make every play at the end of the game. I have to trust my teammates more, get ’em the ball more,” Collins said.

Reerun_KC
01-13-2010, 11:19 AM
If TT would pull his head out and stop playing like a retard, there wouldnt be a problem...

HC_Chief
01-13-2010, 11:43 AM
“Well I think Tyshawn talks too much, because I’ve never heard that before, and I’ll visit with him about it after practice,” Self said. “If he’s unsure of his role, then he doesn't listen very good."

Hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer.

FishingRod
01-13-2010, 11:47 AM
If TT would pull his head out and stop playing like a retard, there wouldnt be a problem...

This

and

I saw that interview last night and Bill looked pissed off. TT needs to take a close look down our overcrowded bench. He can be replaced and the team might actually be better for it. He needs to play defense , distribute the ball and get some rebounds. If he has a quality look I have no problem with him taking the shot.He has the physical talent to be an excellent player but he needs to step up his play and STFDSTFU. This is two strikes against him this year for his big mouth. If he isn't happy here, there are lots of schools that would be glad to have him. Step up your effort or take a friggin walk.

CoMoChief
01-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Just read the Jason King article.

This team better learn from the 07-08 team about playing together.

I wouldnt necessarily ask for the #1 option to be aldrich, but he does need a lot more looks/touches in the paint, he's simply not getting enough.

Aldrich needs to play better defense too, in fact the whole team does.... That TEN game was a HORRIBLE game for him outside of his rebounding. I'm sure he'll get better.

Lzen
01-13-2010, 02:15 PM
Hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer.

Gotta love coach Self. Pull no punches.

Lzen
01-13-2010, 02:16 PM
I saw that interview last night and Bill looked pissed off. TT needs to take a close look down our overcrowded bench. He can be replaced and the team might actually be better for it. He needs to play defense , distribute the ball and get some rebounds. If he has a quality look I have no problem with him taking the shot.He has the physical talent to be an excellent player but he needs to step up his play and STFDSTFU. This is two strikes against him this year for his big mouth. If he isn't happy here, there are lots of schools that would be glad to have him. Step up your effort or take a friggin walk.

:clap: Well said.

BWillie
01-13-2010, 04:02 PM
I read the Tyshawn article, and I just didn't see what he said that was so bad. It was pretty classy if you ask me. He said alot of times that he just wants to do whatever coach needs him to do to win. Tyshawn may be kinda dumb, as in not knowing his role, but he didn't look to be complaining about minutes or anything like that.

sedated
01-13-2010, 04:10 PM
It seems there are 2 ways to interpret it when Taylor says “whatever the team needs me to do” – either he is being self-less, or he is completely lost and can’t spell out his role because he doesn’t know what it is.

I think the “whatever the team need” part at the end might have been an “oops, I need to fix that blunder by making it sound like I’m team-first”. He tries to tell the reports several times what his role is, but just ends up saying “whatever it is”.

CoMoChief
01-13-2010, 04:14 PM
It seems there are 2 ways to interpret it when Taylor says “whatever the team needs me to do” – either he is being self-less, or he is completely lost and can’t spell out his role because he doesn’t know what it is.

I think the “whatever the team need” part at the end might have been an “oops, I need to fix that blunder by making it sound like I’m team-first”. He tries to tell the reports several times what his role is, but just ends up saying “whatever it is”.

What it sounds like is that him and some others aren't getting the touches they want. Self gave a green light to a frosh Xavier (rightfully so) but maybe other players he treats differently i dont know.

sedated
01-13-2010, 04:15 PM
Taylor's problem is he doesn't do anything particularly well. He has length but can't really defend. He can hit shots sometimes, but is FAR from reliable, and seems to have been exposed a bit as a 3-point threat (other teams are daring him to take those). He can handle the ball in the fast break, but can't dribble-drive in the half-court.

So what value does a guard have when they can't shoot, can't drive to create their own shot, can't defend, makes stupid turnovers, and has an overly inflated sense of his own abilities?

sedated
01-13-2010, 04:16 PM
What it sounds like is that him and some others aren't getting the touches they want.

seems Self is aware of that too, judging by his comments after the Temple game.

Silock
01-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Taylor's problem is he doesn't do anything particularly well. He has length but can't really defend. He can hit shots sometimes, but is FAR from reliable, and seems to have been exposed a bit as a 3-point threat (other teams are daring him to take those). He can handle the ball in the fast break, but can't dribble-drive in the half-court.

So what value does a guard have when they can't shoot, can't drive to create their own shot, can't defend, makes stupid turnovers, and has an overly inflated sense of his own abilities?

The problem is that he is very capable of doing ALL of those things. He did it this summer. He just isn't doing it NOW and it's creating a problem.

Mr. Plow
01-13-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm going to say this now, and probably get roasted for it down the line.... I don't think this KU team makes the Final Four unless something changes. The are supremely talented and have all the parts to make it, I just don't see it for whatever reason. I hope I'm wrong and if I am, I'll gladly take my lumps.

Silock
01-13-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm going to say this now, and probably get roasted for it down the line.... I don't think this KU team makes the Final Four unless something changes. The are supremely talented and have all the parts to make it, I just don't see it for whatever reason. I hope I'm wrong and if I am, I'll gladly take my lumps.

I agree with this, but I don't see any reason for nothing to change. I'm sure it will.

noa
01-13-2010, 06:36 PM

I think Self needs to choose between rotating a bunch of guys in all the time so they can be fresh and play really intense, or leaving the core guys in so they can get in a groove. A player isn't always going to be playing at the top of his game right away, sometimes it takes a little bit of time on the floor for things to start going well. There is no excuse for Aldrich having as few shots as he did in the Tennessee game or for Henry disappearing. Self should have made a point to get those guys going.
I guess the only excuse for leaving Reed on the floor considering how many threes he missed was his defense, but we've got so many talented guys on the bench we could have thrown at them to play intense defense and just didn't do it.
I think on some level, Self tries to rotate a bunch of guys in so he can tell recruits that playing time isn't limited to 6 or 7 players, but if that's his strategy, he's got to really commit. Otherwise, stick with your best players and let them grind it out.

Skip Towne
01-13-2010, 06:51 PM

A pox on ye.

CoMoChief
01-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Eh, theyll figure it out, there's still a LOT of games to play.

The 07-08 team was also LOADED with talent minus Kaun, and they won it all.

CoMoChief
01-13-2010, 07:12 PM
I think people are just antsy to see this team truly blossom into a dominant force.

It hasn't happened yet, hopefully theyll peak when the time matters the most, in March. This team wasn't going to go undefeated, they're gonna lose, may lose a few more games. I think people have a hard time because indirectly they're comparing this team to the team that won in 2008. That was a special veteran team, this team is still young in some areas. That team was the winningest KU team ever. It's hard to fill those shoes.

KU will get it right, they're kinda in a little shooting funk as a team. They'll snap out of it. Aldrich needs to step up. He's not getting enough touches, partially of that is his fault. People are forcing him off the block, add that with the fact people arent feeding it down low. It's almost like Aldrich is playing timid, who knows.

Lzen
01-13-2010, 10:38 PM
Eh, theyll figure it out, there's still a LOT of games to play.

The 07-08 team was also LOADED with talent minus Kaun, and they won it all.

Sheesh, you're dumb. If it weren't for Kaun, that KU team doesn't win the championship.

ArrowheadHawk
01-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Sheesh, you're dumb. If it weren't for Kaun, that KU doesn't in the championship.

:clap:

Mr. Plow
01-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Well, with the Nebraska game behind us - I thought we played fairly well. Had some mistakes, but overall played a tough game and came out with the win.

I liked that we didn't have to rely on Collins to get us there either. Self took him out with us up 1. I think he was out 3-4 minutes and in that time (I believe Aldrich was as well), we pushed to a 7 or 8 point lead. I think with him out, it forced some of the others to step up.

I'm going on record as saying I really don't like any lineup that has both Reed & Morningstar on the floor at the same time.

CoMoChief
01-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Sheesh, you're dumb. If it weren't for Kaun, that KU team doesn't win the championship.

I understand that, that was one game (Davidson)

sedated
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Morningstar is vastly underrated. He made some key plays. Just a smart basketball player. And when he is on the floor with Taylor, Taylor seems like a much better player. We pulled away yesterday when we put in both of them and pushed XH to the 4 spot.

Skip Towne
01-14-2010, 10:15 AM

Heh. Kaun is where "Como is always wrong" started.

Mr. Plow
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Morningstar is vastly underrated. He made some key plays. Just a smart basketball player. And when he is on the floor with Taylor, Taylor seems like a much better player. We pulled away yesterday when we put in both of them and pushed XH to the 4 spot.

I don't necessarily have an issue with Morningstar, but I'm not his biggest fan. I'll admit, I'd rather see someone more talented take a good portion of his minutes, but obviously nobody is doing that.

ArrowheadHawk
01-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, with the Nebraska game behind us - I thought we played fairly well. Had some mistakes, but overall played a tough game and came out with the win.

I liked that we didn't have to rely on Collins to get us there either. Self took him out with us up 1. I think he was out 3-4 minutes and in that time (I believe Aldrich was as well), we pushed to a 7 or 8 point lead. I think with him out, it forced some of the others to step up.

I'm going on record as saying I really don't like any lineup that has both Reed & Morningstar on the floor at the same time.It worked out last year.

sedated
01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
I don't necessarily have an issue with Morningstar, but I'm not his biggest fan. I'll admit, I'd rather see someone more talented take a good portion of his minutes, but obviously nobody is doing that.

I used to think that the best team had to be the best 5 individual talents, and hated guys like Moody and Morningstar.

But the guy makes plays. He makes other guys better. Its a cliche, but he is a glue guy. There is plenty of talent and numerous "scorers" on the team; not everyone needs to be a flashy guy who can fill up the stat sheet. In fact, Taylor is the product of too many guys wanting to be flashy and show their "talent".

My new stance is: this team doesn't fulfill its potential without Morningstar playing significant minutes.

Mr. Plow
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
It worked out last year.

Worked out how?

Skip Towne
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
I used to think that the best team had to be the best 5 individual talents, and hated guys like Moody and Morningstar.

But the guy makes plays. He makes other guys better. Its a cliche, but he is a glue guy. There is plenty of talent and numerous "scorers" on the team; not everyone needs to be a flashy guy who can fill up the stat sheet. In fact, Taylor is the product of too many guys wanting to be flashy and show their "talent".

My new stance is: this team doesn't fulfill its potential without Morningstar playing significant minutes.

Ithink you're right. Danny and the Miracles was a whole team of role players.

Skip Towne
01-14-2010, 12:27 PM
What are the advantages to being in a conference? Notre Dame isn't in one. Why should KU be?

Bearcat
01-14-2010, 12:33 PM
What are the advantages to being in a conference? Notre Dame isn't in one. Why should KU be?

Notre Dame basketball is in the Big East. For starters, I don't think many schools would schedule Kansas in the middle of their conference season... their SoS would suffer... a lot.

Skip Towne
01-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Notre Dame basketball is in the Big East. For starters, I don't think many schools would schedule Kansas in the middle of their conference season... their SoS would suffer... a lot.

I'd think their SoS would go up. Their W/L % would go down.

ArrowheadHawk
01-14-2010, 12:50 PM
Worked out how?Sweet 16.

CoMoChief
01-14-2010, 01:16 PM

I wish Reed would play defense like Morningstar.

Saulbadguy
01-21-2010, 09:10 AM
That rumor is that Tyshawn Taylor had a facebook status saying he was transferring earlier. His facebook is currently down. #kubball

http://twitter.com/RockChalkJBlog/statuses/8014990674

sedated
01-21-2010, 09:55 AM
That rumor is that Tyshawn Taylor had a facebook status saying he was transferring earlier. His facebook is currently down. #kubball

http://twitter.com/RockChalkJBlog/statuses/8014990674

I don't think he played in the entire 1st half yesterday against Baylor.

I wouldn't exactly be disappointed, he isn't spectacular at anything. It might leave us shorter on guards next year, but we will still have EJ, Woolridge, Morningsleeves, and Reed, plus maybe CJ, and whatever uncommitted recruits we can bring in. And that depends on what you consider Releford and Little.

Mr. Laz
01-21-2010, 09:59 AM

I wouldn't exactly be disappointed, he isn't spectacular at anything. It might leave us shorter on guards next year, but we will still have EJ, Woolridge, Morningsleeves, and Reed, plus maybe CJ, and whatever uncommitted recruits we can bring in. And that depends on what you consider Releford and Little.
we would miss Taylor for awhile ... until Elijah or CJ got into the groove.

TT has all the tools he just can't seem to fit into the scheme which is weird because apparently he had no problem fitting in with the national team.

Skip Towne
01-21-2010, 10:27 AM
We would miss TT. He had 5 assists in 15 min. Exactly what we needed. There is nothing on the KU board about him transferring

Mr. Plow
01-21-2010, 10:31 AM
TT has all the tools he just can't seem to fit into the scheme which is weird because apparently he had no problem fitting in with the national team.

Personally, I think he is trying to much to be "the man". When he played last night, he seemed to play under control and looked good. Hopefully he doesn't transfer - I really think next year he'll be one of the leaders of the team.

chiefqueen
01-21-2010, 12:40 PM
This should may some in the anti-Roy crowd happy if it comes true:

http://kenpom.com/conf.php?c=ACC

Ari Chi3fs
01-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I'd like to see UNC miss the tourney. That would be awesome.

BWillie
01-23-2010, 09:39 PM
I'd like to see UNC miss the tourney. That would be awesome.

If they aren't careful KU will catch them in all time wins this year. KU is 8 behind.

Kentucky is first, but not by much and KU and UNC are nipping at their heels. But Kentuckys wins will be vacated in a couple years anyway so I'm not real worried.

Skip Towne
01-24-2010, 10:10 AM
If they aren't careful KU will catch them in all time wins this year. KU is 8 behind.

Kentucky is first, but not by much and KU and UNC are nipping at their heels. But Kentuckys wins will be vacated in a couple years anyway so I'm not real worried.

What hapened with Worldwide Wes? Is he still with Cal?

Reerun_KC
01-24-2010, 10:22 AM

Kentucky will find 20-30 wins in 1856 that they will claim.... They wont relinquish the lead without a cheating fight...

Buehler445
01-24-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm going on record as saying I really don't like any lineup that has both Reed & Morningstar on the floor at the same time.

I don't have a problem with it in certain situations. That lineup isn't going to score prolifically, but both those players are pretty smart with the ball, and play really solid defense in most cases. I'm quite surprised Reed is getting any minutes at all, and he's playing significant minutes now. He's really contributing a lot IMO. Last year, Reed's defense was a liability, but he is playing tremendously fundamentally sound Defense now. Nice surprise with Reed.

I think where we might get in trouble with both Reed and Morningstar on the floor at the same time, is if we play a tremendously athletic team (*ahem* Texas). Both play really solid defense, but I question if they have the athleticism to play with a lot of elite talent. We'll probably find out.

I understand that, that was one game (Davidson)

Dude. Kaun was one of the most fundementally sound players on the floor. He was a screen setting mother fucker. If you have a chance go back and watch some old games. People would just waltz around most screens, but would be crushed by Kaun's.

Early on, Kaun was....a doofus. But he really worked on his game and became sound. He was no slouch.

we would miss Taylor for awhile ... until Elijah or CJ got into the groove.

My take on Tyshawn is a bit different. I'm a pretty big fan of his. He has a shitload of talent. A real shitload. Last year he reminded me of a more athletic Mario Chalmers. I thought his ceiling was higher. I thought he played really well last year. He did well on the national team. Looked like shit early on. Then he really came around and was playing good basketball. He wasn't scoring a lot, but damn it, he was having huge assist numbers without any turnovers. I didn't see the bad defense you guys talk about. He played with some intensity. He really eliminated his dumbass plays. Then all this happens.

I guess shit hasn't clicked, or he's selfish or whatever. If he doesn't stick around, OK, I guess. But I do think it will be a big loss. He has some tremendous physical ability, and is probably the best guy in transition not named Sherron.

I think (if he can continue to develop) he can be a tremendous asset to the team. If he can get back in the lineup, he brings more length and athleticism than does Brady. If he can get back to playing smart, he can not take away from the team and feed the big men and Reed.

Then think about what he can do for the offense. Everybody knows Sherron is looking to score. X is a scorer. So Tyshawn is probably getting the 3rd best defending guard. He's shown (moreso last year) that he can shoot the ball, and can get to the basket. If I'm Self, I tell Tyshawn to score the ball early and it should open up Sherron and X.

Either way, I just see a tremendous amount of talent in him. Hopefully he can make something of it. If not.... Damn.

ROYC75
01-24-2010, 01:32 PM

If Cal finds a way to have a season void due to recruiting, that would make the UK faithful come unglued. At church today, a good friend on mine , we were discussing the all time wins today when UNC came up, I told him if was just a matter of a couple of seasons away and KU will on UK's front door knocking because of Cal.

He was in denial.

Skip Towne
01-25-2010, 11:27 AM
If Cal finds a way to have a season void due to recruiting, that would make the UK faithful come unglued. At church today, a good friend on mine , we were discussing the all time wins today when UNC came up, I told him if was just a matter of a couple of seasons away and KU will on UK's front door knocking because of Cal.

He was in denial.

UK fans are hard to take. I don't know how you live there.

Bearcat
01-25-2010, 12:53 PM
UK fans are hard to take. I don't know how you live there.

Yeah, Kansas fans might be arrogant assholes, but they can't get a coach fired.

There had comments from the interwebs across the bottom of College Gameday or something on ESPN while talking about Kentucky and their chances at going undefeated, and the comments were comedy gold... one mentioned Kentucky's only playing at 60% of their potential right now, how they weren't going to lose an SEC game this year (the SEC sucks, but still...), how they're on top of the college basketball world (yay, ranked #1 in January!), etc. There were a couple of reasonable posts about SoS, but damn, what a bunch of clowns.

(not that any other team is without clowns, but our drivel is kept on CP and not plastered across the television screens of millions of households, which is nice)

Mr. Plow
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
I really dislike Calipari and all that he gets away with. 2 years ago, Memphis was the only school that couldn't see how dirty he was....now, Kentucky fans are the only ones that can't see it.

I find it funny that they talked so much shit on him while he was at Memphis, but now, he can do no wrong.

Fuck Kentucky.

Reerun_KC
01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Its starting already!

Man this is the best time of the year. Good times!

Reerun_KC
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I really dislike Calipari and all that he gets away with. 2 years ago, Memphis was the only school that couldn't see how dirty he was....now, Kentucky fans are the only ones that can't see it.

I find it funny that they talked so much shit on him while he was at Memphis, but now, he can do no wrong.

**** Kentucky.

This...

UK has the worst fanbase in america... Not as angry as KStates, but man they are some douchebags...

Agree, they spewed vemon from the depths of hell at Cheatipari while at Memphis, now they have annoited him the second coming of Christ.

sedated
01-25-2010, 01:45 PM

Its starting already!

Man this is the best time of the year. Good times!

that's a heck of a bracket. its always too early to discuss these things, but having a potential 2nd round of UNC or Xavier, 3rd round Pittsburgh, seems pretty rough. although Duke is arguably the easiest #2 seed.

Reerun_KC
01-25-2010, 01:48 PM
that's a heck of a bracket. its always too early to discuss these things, but having a potential 2nd round of UNC or Xavier, 3rd round Pittsburgh, seems pretty rough. although Duke is arguably the easiest #2 seed.

Duke really isnt that good of a team this year. They struggle on the road greatly. Once out of the incest hole they play in, they become very average to below average...

I watched them against Clemson the other night and very unimpressed...

This KU team could beat them by 20....

CoMoChief
01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
Duke really isnt that good of a team this year. They struggle on the road greatly. Once out of the incest hole they play in, they become very average to below average...

I watched them against Clemson the other night and very unimpressed...

This KU team could beat them by 20....

That game would have to be on Mute/Dick Vitale

Mr. Plow
01-26-2010, 07:05 PM
Good article - love the *. Also, KU 6-1 against RPI Top 50.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4858570

Minutes: 10 teams that can win it all

Comment (http://myespn.go.com/conversation/story?id=4858570) Email (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat&id=4858570#) Print (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=4858570&type=story) Share (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:void%280%29;) <script type="text/javascript"> var stobj = SHARETHIS.addEntry({ title:"Forde:%20Forde%20Minutes", url:"http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=forde_pat%26id=4858570", published: "2010-01-26" }); stobj.attachButton(document.getElementById("espnstlink")); </script>
<cite class="source"> http://a.espncdn.com/i/columnists/Forde_Pat_35.jpg (http://search.espn.go.com/pat-forde/) By Pat Forde
ESPN.com
Archive (http://search.espn.go.com/pat-forde/) </cite>
<!-- end mod-article-title --> <!-- begin story body --> Forty names, games, teams and minutiae making news in college basketball (outspoken Facebook accounts subject to cancellation in Lawrence, Kan.):
First things first: There should be renewed hope in Evanston, Ill., today. If the Saints can make the Super Bowl, Northwestern (1) can make the Big Dance. All things are now possible.

Who dat … who dat … who dat say dey gonna beat dem Wildcats?

(The second-best journalism school in America might want to clean up the grammar when applying that to its basketball program.)

Ten that can win it all

By the end of January, the best teams have pretty well identified themselves, so The Minutes has settled on nine solid potential national champions. And one flier. And left one blueblood out. Here's the list (RPI numbers taken from Joe Lunardi's InsideRPI (http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/rpi)):

Kentucky (2). Why the Wildcats can win it: Having the best talent is a nice place to start. Having a coach who has been to two Final Fours* helps as well (*not that he got to keep them). Kentucky is big, athletic and nasty -- and is 5-0 in games decided by five points or fewer or in overtime. UK is remarkably adept at winning the close ones, despite its youth. That youth is also a reason why the Cats have room to get even better.

Why they might not: They're the least-tested team on this list, so far having faced just one team in the RPI top 40 and five in the top 100. The early schedule featured several big-name opponents that have slumped. There will be several teams more seasoned come March.

Record against RPI top 50: 2-0.

Record against RPI top 100: 5-0.

Kansas (3). Why the Jayhawks can win it: They have an elite, big-shot-making point guard (Sherron Collins (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31788)) and a center who can control the paint against just about anyone (Cole Aldrich (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=36170)). They have an armada of athletic parts in between (Xavier Henry (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=46115), the Morris twins, Tyshawn Taylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41766), Brady Morningstar (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31789), etc.). They also have a coach with a recent national championship ring.

Why they might not: The Jayhawks sometimes forget Aldrich is alive, and he sometimes fails to remind them. (He's averaging just seven field goal attempts per game.) It is reasonable to wonder where Taylor's head is, after he injured himself fighting a KU football player in the fall and then allegedly griped about his role on Facebook last week -- before his page disappeared into the ether.

Record against RPI top 50: 6-1.

Record against RPI top 100: 8-1.

Texas (4). Why the Longhorns can win it: They have size and athleticism comparable to Kentucky and Kansas, and perhaps even more depth. Damion James (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=31581) is a future pro who presents a matchup problem to just about everyone. Backcourt depth and quickness can wear down opponents.

Why they might not: Rick Barnes has never inspired the utmost confidence, and his team's shaky two weeks at the top of the polls makes The Minutes wonder how it will handle the pressure of March and April. Avery Bradley (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=46196), J'Covan Brown (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=41880) and Jordan Hamilton (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=46197) have jacked up 516 shots among them -- which means a lot of the offense is in the hands of occasionally fickle freshmen.

Record against RPI top 50: 3-2.

Record against RPI top 100: 6-2.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Good SEC battle going.

Kentucky and So. Carolina. 46-42 Kentucky @ the 10:00 mark.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, Kansas fans might be arrogant assholes, but they can't get a coach fired....

Yes they can. They got Ted Owens fired.

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Yes they can. They got Ted Owens fired.

Ah, I was 3 when he was fired... I swear I didn't do it.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Ah, I was 3 when he was fired... I swear I didn't do it.

They didn't fire him in the manner Kentucky ran out Gilly. But they quit going to games and forced the hand of the AD. Monte Johnson?

51-49 uSC over Kenyucky.

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
Who can possibly beat Kentucky?!?! WHO!??!?!

Well, Kentucky for starters.... USC making some plays though. 56-51 USC.

er, 56-53...

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
uSC up 56-53 over Kenyucky. UNder 3:00

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Nice little runner (prayer) by Downey. Up four and a steal by uSC.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Devin Downey is a player.

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Yeah, he is... too bad that last one didn't fall.

UK can't get them to drop though...

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah, he is... too bad that last one didn't fall.

UK can't get them to drop though...

Extremely intense game. That last 30 seconds was just a streak of action. Wall going coast to coast getting blocked.

DeM. Cousins is a stud.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice IB play for an AND 1.

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 10:13 PM
LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Gamer.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Oh. I CoMo'ed it

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Wall really is a nice player. I can see why Self broke the rules to talk to him.

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Just... make... one.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Iced it.

CoMoChief
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Jayhawks better take care of business Sat. KY choked.

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Checking the algorithm.

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 10:19 PM
#1 on the line Saturday night for the Jayhawks... it's kind of a mess on top if KU loses, too. Villanova at #1 just wouldn't look right.

Lzen
01-26-2010, 10:20 PM
Jayhawks better take care of business Sat. KY choked.

Wed? KU doesn't play again until Saturday.

USC playing a rooster crowing over the loud speakers. ROFL

Bearcat
01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Checking the algorithm.

if (you == SouthCarolina) && (opponent == Kentucky)
if (win)
// This should never happen
STORMTHEF***INGCOURT
else
GoHome

WilliamTheIrish
01-26-2010, 10:22 PM
if (win)
STORMTHEF***INGCOURT
else
GoHome

Outstanding! LMAO

Mr. Plow
01-26-2010, 10:23 PM

That kid was amazing. UK started trying to trap him full court to get the ball out of his hands - I just said "stupid idea"....he promptly drives around both guys and gets a couple easy baskets.

CoMoChief
01-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Wed? KU doesn't play again until Saturday.

USC playing a rooster crowing over the loud speakers. ROFL

too late :D

chief4life
01-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Bring on the Kittens Here kitty kitty

CoMoChief
01-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Henry needs to start playing better

Lzen
01-26-2010, 10:26 PM
too late :D

Oh snap. I know I saw a Wed. in there. ROFL

chief4life
01-26-2010, 10:33 PM
So would this be considered a cockblock?

Mr. Plow
01-26-2010, 10:35 PM
Saw this during the game and didn't even pay attention to it.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh230/shockey8oz/UKFail.jpg?t=1264566091

KC_Connection
01-26-2010, 10:36 PM
It was only a matter of time until John Wall stopped bailing them out late. UK is a step behind teams like KU and Cuse.

CoMoChief
01-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Oh snap. I know I saw a Wed. in there. ROFL

I thought they played col on this wed, before ksu on sat, forgot col game was next wed, not this.

BWillie
01-27-2010, 12:40 AM
It was only a matter of time until John Wall stopped bailing them out late. UK is a step behind teams like KU and Cuse.

Too bad Wesley Johnson left the Big 12. Kid flew into the radar and grew about 4 inches after his senior year of high school. Then the poor guy figured out he was at Iowa State. That Iowa State team woulda been amazing with Gilstrap, Brackins and him. Johnson would be my vote for POY, followed by John Wall, Scottie Reynolds, Luke Harangody and Sherron Collins/Damion James.

Mr. Plow
01-27-2010, 08:45 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/skzwgo.jpg

sedated
01-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Despite the loss, Kuntucky looks scary. SC might have stopped a couple in crunch time last night, but Wall's ability to get to the basket is freakish.

I'm just hoping their youth fails them in the Dance, because they are not a team I'd like to face.

Reerun_KC
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
if (win)
STORMTHEF***INGCOURT
else
GoHome

ROFL!

Priceless!

Reerun_KC
01-27-2010, 08:58 AM
Despite the loss, Kuntucky looks scary. SC might have stopped a couple in crunch time last night, but Wall's ability to get to the basket is freakish.

I'm just hoping their youth fails them in the Dance, because they are not a team I'd like to face.

No worried with Chokipari at Coach...

Mr. Plow
01-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Ok - can someone fill me in - did President Obama call UK to congratulate them on being #1 yesterday?

sedated
01-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Ok - can someone fill me in - did President Obama call UK to congratulate them on being #1 yesterday?

no, he called to congratulate them for their efforts toward Haiti (raising money or something). But he did say he expects to see them in the championship.

Mr. Plow
01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
no, he called to congratulate them for their efforts toward Haiti (raising money or something). But he did say he expects to see them in the championship.

Ok - that makes more sense.

CoMoChief
01-27-2010, 09:56 AM

Well there you have it. KY will exit the tourney in the 2nd rd.

Anything Obama touches turns to complete dog shit.

ArrowheadHawk
01-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Well there you have it. KY will exit the tourney in the 2nd rd.

Anything Obama touches turns to complete dog shit.You can relate.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
You can relate.ROFL

now we know why he's a MUron pretending to be a KU fan ... he hoping to jinx KU basketball by his very presence in the fan base.

Mr. Laz
01-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Kentucky = just another bitch put down by a game cock.

ArrowheadHawk
01-27-2010, 11:15 AM
Kentucky = just another bitch put down by a game cock.ROFL

Pants
01-27-2010, 11:44 AM

I would absolutely love meeting them in the tournament. Leave no fucking doubts.

sedated
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
I would absolutely love meeting them in the tournament. Leave no ****ing doubts.

I hate complimenting Kuntucky as much as anyone, but it seems if Wall puts his mind to dominating a game from start to finish, with a little help from Cousins, they are going to be pretty fierce. I'm not sure any of KU's guards (or any guard I've seen in college hoops) could keep him out of the lane. (I know, I know, we have Cole there. But he could easily get into foul trouble, and I'm not sure I want the Morrises to carry the load down low)

Mr. Plow
02-01-2010, 12:58 PM
AP

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="1">AP Top 25</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 1. Kansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2305) (54) 20-1 1,605</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 2. Villanova (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=222) (4) 19-1 1,534</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 3. Syracuse (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=183) (6) 21-1 1,506</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 4. Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=96) (1) 20-1 1,460</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 5. Michigan State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=127) 19-3 1,367</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 6. West Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=277) 17-3 1,230</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 7. Georgetown (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=46) 16-4 1,204</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 8. Purdue (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2509) 18-3 1,182</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 9. Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=251) 18-3 1,069</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>10. Kansas State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2306) 17-4 1,025</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>10. Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=150) 17-4 1,025</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>12. Brigham Young (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=252) 21-2 748</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>13. Ohio State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=194) 16-6 677</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>14. Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2633) 16-4 655</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>15. New Mexico (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=167) 20-3 636</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>16. Wisconsin (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=275) 16-5 585</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>17. Gonzaga (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2250) 17-4 541</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>18. Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=238) 16-4 502</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>19. Temple (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=218) 18-4 495</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>20. Baylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=239) 16-4 461</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>21. Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=59) 16-5 459</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>22. Pittsburgh (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=221) 16-5 278</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>23. Butler (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2086) 18-4 216</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>24. Northern Iowa (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2460) 19-2 193</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>25. Mississippi (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=145) 16-5 132</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td colspan="1">Others Receiving Votes
Florida State 77, Cornell 39, UAB 32, Wake Forest 31, Xavier 31, Siena 19, Rhode Island 17, UNLV 16, Clemson 16, Missouri 13, Charlotte 12, Marquette 10, Saint Mary's 9, UTEP 7, Wichita State 5, Oklahoma State 3, Maryland 2, George Mason 1.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr. Plow
02-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Coaches

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="1">ESPN/USA Today Poll</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 1. Kansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2305) (26) 20-1 769</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 2. Villanova (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=222) (4) 19-1 735</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 3. Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=96) (1) 20-1 705</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 4. Syracuse (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=183) 21-1 703</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 5. Michigan State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=127) 19-3 652</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 6. West Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=277) 17-3 596</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 7. Purdue (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2509) 18-3 552</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 8. Georgetown (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=46) 16-4 550</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 9. Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=150) 17-4 503</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>10. Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=251) 18-3 495</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>11. Kansas State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2306) 17-4 433</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>12. Brigham Young (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=252) 21-2 432</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>13. Gonzaga (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2250) 17-4 351</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>14. Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2633) 16-4 330</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>15. Butler (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2086) 18-4 297</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>16. Wisconsin (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=275) 16-5 277</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>17. Temple (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=218) 18-4 253</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>18. Ohio State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=194) 16-6 245</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>19. Georgia Tech (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=59) 16-5 211</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>20. Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=238) 16-4 160</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>21. Pittsburgh (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=221) 16-5 133</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>22. Northern Iowa (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2460) 19-2 129</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>23. New Mexico (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=167) 20-3 125</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>24. Baylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=239) 16-4 109</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>25. Cornell (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=172) 18-3 53</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td colspan="1">Others Receiving Votes
Mississippi 52, Clemson 49, Florida State 34, Missouri 32, UAB 21, Saint Mary's 18, Xavier 15, Rhode Island 11, UNLV 11, Siena 8, Connecticut 6, Maryland 5, Louisiana Tech 4, Virginia Tech 4, Tulsa 3, California 2, Oklahoma State 2.Dropped From Rankings
Connecticut 19, Mississippi 20, Clemson 21.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr. Plow
02-01-2010, 01:01 PM
KSU I think moved UP a 1/2 spot and now tied with Duke. I think that is right - don't think they should have dropped after last week.

4 Big XII teams ranked in both polls. UNC getting 0 votes in either poll. Cornell @ #25 in the Coaches. And as of right now, KU's only loss to #14.

HC_Chief
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I would absolutely love meeting them in the tournament. Leave no ****ing doubts.

+1
If both teams bring their A game KU wins by 8 or more. UK would get dominated in the post.

DJay23
02-01-2010, 01:06 PM
IMO, WVU is a weak #6 if you ask me.

DJay23
02-01-2010, 01:09 PM
IMO, WVU is a weak #6 if you ask me.

Although looking at it, I don't know who you'd have there in their place.

KC_Connection
02-01-2010, 01:15 PM
Although looking at it, I don't know who you'd have there in their place.

WV is 6th in the KenPom rankings and 7th in RPI.

Mr. Plow
02-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Aldrich Big XII Player of the Week

With 12 points and 16 rebounds against Missouri and 18 points and 11 rebounds against Kansas State, KU junior Cole Aldrich picked up player of the week honors from the Big 12 Conference Monday morning.

This is Aldrich's second player of the week honor of the year, and also the second of his career.

Aldrich picked up a double-double in both games this past week, pushing his season total to 9 games where the 6-foot-11 forward had more than 10 points and more than 10 rebounds.

Aldrich is the only Jayhawk to earn Player of the Week honors this year, though freshman Xavier Henry has two rookie of the week honors.
Oklahoma's Tommy Mason-Griffin was this week's Rookie of the Week.

sedated
02-01-2010, 01:23 PM
+1
If both teams bring their A game KU wins by 8 or more. UK would get dominated in the post.

I'm not so sure, Cousins has been playing great. We'd have to get him in foul trouble pretty quick (which I'm pretty sure we could do to a freshman headcase like him)

Reerun_KC
02-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm not so sure, Cousins has been playing great.

If you can keep him from wanting to shank someone during the game.... Dude is mental basket case.... Kind of like his coach.

KC_Connection
02-01-2010, 02:15 PM
Cousins' statistics are absurd. He's the most efficient scorer in the NCAA in the last 8 years. Obviously he hasn't faced anybody as large as him or as good defensively as Aldrich yet, though.

Pants
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Cousins' statistics are absurd. He's the most efficient scorer in the NCAA in the last 8 years. Obviously he hasn't faced anybody as large as him or as good defensively as Aldrich yet, though.

Who was more efficient before 2002?

KC_Connection
02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Who was more efficient before 2002?
Nobody as far as I know. The efficiency stats I'm looking at only go back to 2001-2002. I've never actually seen anybody put up a 40.0 PER like this before.

http://www.draftexpress.com/stats.php?sort=6&q=usage&league=NCAA&year=2009%2F10&per=pergame&min=20&stage=all&conference=0&pos=all&qual=prospects

KC_Connection
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Maybe Shaq? He dominated the college game in the early 90s.

sedated
02-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Maybe Shaq? He dominated the college game in the early 90s.

Who was the guy that played with Shaq at LSU?

IIRC, he was considered more talented, but ate himself out of playing shape.

Bearcat
02-01-2010, 09:03 PM
36-32 OSU over Texas at halftime...

If Texas loses, KU would have at least a 3 game lead on everyone except Mizzou. :eek:

DJay23
02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
WV is 6th in the KenPom rankings and 7th in RPI.

Just call it a gut thing.

Mr. Plow
02-08-2010, 12:32 PM
AP Top 25
1. Kansas (55) 22-1 1,613
2. Syracuse (8) 23-1 1,553
3. Kentucky (2) 22-1 1,514
4. Villanova 20-2 1,366
5. West Virginia 19-3 1,361
6. Purdue 19-3 1,301
7. Georgetown 17-5 1,211
8. Duke 19-4 1,142
9. Kansas State 19-4 1,139
10. Michigan State 19-5 968
11. Wisconsin 18-5 871
12. Tennessee 18-4 850
13. Ohio State 18-6 845
14. Texas 19-4 789
15. New Mexico 21-3 725
16. Gonzaga 19-4 693
17. Brigham Young 22-3 532
18. Butler 20-4 422
19. Northern Iowa 21-2 298
20. Georgia Tech 17-6 269
21. Temple 19-5 223
22. Vanderbilt 17-5 222
23. UNLV 19-4 209
24. Baylor 17-5 202
25. Pittsburgh 17-6 149
Others Receiving Votes
Texas A&M 115, Cornell 114, Wake Forest 109, Maryland 69, Charlotte 48, UTEP 33, Mississippi 30, Rhode Island 30, Saint Mary's 18, Siena 18, Illinois 16, Florida State 15, Virginia Tech 11, Marquette 10, UAB 7, Wichita State 5, Richmond 5, Missouri 3, South Florida 2.

Mr. Plow
02-08-2010, 12:33 PM
ESPN/USA Today Poll
1. Kansas (29) 22-1 773
2. Kentucky (1) 22-1 731
3. Syracuse (1) 23-1 728
4. West Virginia 19-3 657
5. Villanova 20-2 639
6. Purdue 19-3 599
7. Duke 19-4 574
8. Georgetown 17-5 560
9. Kansas State 19-4 506
10. Michigan State 19-5 455
11. Gonzaga 19-4 427
12. Tennessee 18-4 417
13. Wisconsin 18-5 401
14. Texas 19-4 361
15. Butler 20-4 326
16. Ohio State 18-6 302
17. Brigham Young 22-3 298
18. Northern Iowa 21-2 221
19. New Mexico 21-3 211
20. Georgia Tech 17-6 150
21. Temple 19-5 131
22. Cornell 20-3 112
23. Pittsburgh 17-6 89
24. Vanderbilt 17-5 76
25. UNLV 19-4 55
Others Receiving Votes
Baylor 44, Texas A&M 37, Saint Mary's 29, Siena 28, Rhode Island 28, Missouri 25, Maryland 18, Mississippi 16, Virginia Tech 10, Florida State 8, Wake Forest 7, UAB 7, Notre Dame 6, Clemson 4, Tulsa 4, Dayton 2, Xavier 1, Connecticut 1, Louisiana Tech 1.

Mr. Plow
02-09-2010, 06:31 PM
Good article on KU....

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-09/kansas-making-big-12-dominance-look-easy

AUSTIN, Texas – Kansas is treating the best conference in college basketball (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-09/kansas-making-big-12-dominance-look-easy#) like a playpen at the local KinderCare. The Big 12 is No. 1 in the RPI rankings, has the best winning percentage of any league, has dominated in games against other power conference opponents. Winning in this league is supposed to be hard, and for the other 11, it certainly is. The Jayhawks have strolled through this ordeal with nary a scratch.

"That's the thing that kind of cracks me up," coach Bill <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_1_0">Selfhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-09/kansas-making-big-12-dominance-look-easy#) said. "Deservedly so, people can say we haven't played great. But if you're sitting there with five road wins in a hard, hard league, then you probably haven't played poorly. And that's where we're at right now."

OK, so maybe the Jayhawks have been bruised a bit, if only their feelings. They've played nine Big <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_2_0">12http://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-09/kansas-making-big-12-dominance-look-easy#) games and won them all, but some haven't been as graceful as an Astaire/Rogers dance picture. And they've heard about it.

It's not impossible they could encounter some criticism after dominating Texas, 80-68, Monday night at the Erwin Center. There was a little to complain about, if you were so inclined, starting with the combined 5-of-23 shooting delivered by stars Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich.

It didn't matter, though. This has become a resourceful team. Power forward Marcus Morris is developing into a legitimately dominant player; Self and Collins both called him one of the best in the country. Guard Brady Morningstar provides a quiet bundle of indispensable contributions (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-09/kansas-making-big-12-dominance-look-easy#).

"We don't look as pretty when we play well as the '08 team did," Self said. "It's not quite as fluid. But the results have been comparable.

"And I think we've done a better job of late winning ugly games. That's an <nobr style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; color: darkgreen;" id="itxt_nobr_6_0">NCAAhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-02-09/kansas-making-big-12-dominance-look-easy#) Tournament, muddy-type game that you've got to piece together."
Texas put the Jayhawks down, 14-8, with a start so sweet it seemed to emerge directly from a Rick Barnes dream. (Of course, that presumes the Longhorns coach is sleeping these days). It was at that point Barnes began to do a bit of substituting, and Kansas seized upon the myriad mistakes committed by the UT reserves to commence a 22-0, game-changing run.

"I don't even know what happened," Texas star Damion James said. "It happened so fast.. They showed why they're the No. 1 team in the country. If we want to be that, we've got to watch this game and see what we've got to do to make things happen."

Morris admitted when the schedule was released this date with Texas was one he circled. It didn't develop into the expected showdown between national championship contenders. Texas is a broken team. The Longhorns were undefeated on the morning of Jan. 18. They've lost five times since.

Escaping Texas with its conference perfection intact means KU now owns a three-game lead over the nearest contenders in the regular-season race, Kansas State and Texas A&M, who are both 6-3. The Jayhawks must play both, and so this is not entirely over, but it's not going to be easy for anyone to overtake them.

Which means Kansas is on course for a sixth consecutive Big 12 championship, and if that doesn't sound remarkable you should be aware the second-longest streak among the BCS conferences belongs to North Carolina in the ACC. The Tar Heels have won three straight, and they will not make it four.

It does not seem to matter which teams emerge as potential rivals, even as favorites, for the Big 12 crown. KU somehow manages to match (Texas 2008) or exceed them (Oklahoma 2009).

"We all knew this was possible as long as we played together," Collins said. "I think we're just starting to play to win. I think early in the year, we just played not to be beat as No. 1. We can't worry about rankings. Once everybody got that out of their head, played one game at a time … There's more hustle, more effort, more focus, paying attention to the details more."

At 23-1, these Jayhawks own the same record as the school's championship team did two seasons ago and a better mark than North Carolina did last season or Florida did in 2007.

A team in this circumstance is preparing ultimately to be ready for the first week of April, but to get to that point it helps to be a conference champion, to earn a No. 1 seed, even to be particular about where that seed might be located on the NCAA bracket.

If either Kansas or Kentucky is the No. 1 overall seed, it is likely to be placed in the Midwest region and gifted with a short trip to St. Louis – a city that sits at the crossroads of several leagues but that would have to be considered, at its core, Big 12 country.

We have seen how the Jayhawks own the Big 12. They would be most dangerous there.

Pants
02-10-2010, 03:58 PM
This was posted on phog.net ROFL

http://deadspin.com/5468840/ro...a-clueless-dick (http://deadspin.com/5468840/roy-williams-is-a-clueless-dick)

North Carolina head coach Roy Williams has previously demonstrated his complete lack of perspective on more than one occasion, but he still wants you to know that the Haitian earthquake was nothing compared to losing to Virginia at home.
This is an actual on the record quote (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/02/09/duke.north.carolina/index.html) that Williams gave to known journalist Stewart Mandel. Behold it in all its jackassery:
"Our massage therapist told me, 'You know, coach, what happened in Haiti is a catastrophe. What you're having is a disappointment,' " said Williams. "I told her that depends on what chair you're sitting in. It does feel like a catastrophe to me, because it is my life."

You heard that right. A 2-6 ACC record is a catastrophe—if it happens to Roy Williams. Remember, this is a conversation he had with his massage therapist. You know who I bet could use a massage right now? Evan Muncie. He was pulled from the rubble of a Port-au-Prince marketplace (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/09/haiti-man-rescued-27-days-rubble) ... YESTERDAY. Twenty seven days after the earthquake struck. You know what his first words were? "Wait, they lost to Maryland? Holy ****, the Tar Heels suck balls!"

And if anyone is thinking of pulling out the old "that was totally taken out context!" nonsense, just stop. No matter how condescending your masseuse sounds when she reminds you that Haiti's problems are worse than yours, you say, "You're right" and then shut up. You don't contradict her, then run to Stewart Mandel for sympathy with your white whine. Even if it's a joke, it's not ******* funny.

KC_Connection
02-10-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't cheer for Duke often...but let's hope they make it 2-7 tonight.

Bearcat
02-10-2010, 05:20 PM
You know what his first words were? "Wait, they lost to Maryland? Holy ****, the Tar Heels suck balls!"

LMAO

Buehler445
02-10-2010, 09:49 PM
This was posted on phog.net ROFL

http://deadspin.com/5468840/ro...a-clueless-dick (http://deadspin.com/5468840/roy-williams-is-a-clueless-dick)

North Carolina head coach Roy Williams has previously demonstrated his complete lack of perspective on more than one occasion, but he still wants you to know that the Haitian earthquake was nothing compared to losing to Virginia at home.
This is an actual on the record quote (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/02/09/duke.north.carolina/index.html) that Williams gave to known journalist Stewart Mandel. Behold it in all its jackassery:
"Our massage therapist told me, 'You know, coach, what happened in Haiti is a catastrophe. What you're having is a disappointment,' " said Williams. "I told her that depends on what chair you're sitting in. It does feel like a catastrophe to me, because it is my life."

You heard that right. A 2-6 ACC record is a catastrophe—if it happens to Roy Williams. Remember, this is a conversation he had with his massage therapist. You know who I bet could use a massage right now? Evan Muncie. He was pulled from the rubble of a Port-au-Prince marketplace (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/09/haiti-man-rescued-27-days-rubble) ... YESTERDAY. Twenty seven days after the earthquake struck. You know what his first words were? "Wait, they lost to Maryland? Holy ****, the Tar Heels suck balls!"

And if anyone is thinking of pulling out the old "that was totally taken out context!" nonsense, just stop. No matter how condescending your masseuse sounds when she reminds you that Haiti's problems are worse than yours, you say, "You're right" and then shut up. You don't contradict her, then run to Stewart Mandel for sympathy with your white whine. Even if it's a joke, it's not ******* funny.

L-O-freaking-L

Mr. Plow
02-11-2010, 08:31 AM
ROFL

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4346460864_712e2df3c0_o.jpg

:LOL:

ArrowheadHawk
02-11-2010, 08:41 AM
ROFL

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4346460864_712e2df3c0_o.jpg

:LOL:Nice.

Lzen
02-11-2010, 08:42 AM
That's a lotta blue.

Pants
02-11-2010, 09:22 AM
I love how someone was wondering why Cal looks like a creepy uncle in that picture and someone said that's because he is...

ROFL

shitgoose
02-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Kentucky is misspelled on the front of Walls jersey.

Reerun_KC
02-11-2010, 09:35 AM

:LOL:

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 09:43 AM
I hope UNC doesnt make the tournament, Wouldn't want to play them in the 2nd rd when they're a 9-10 seed. That could be a rude awakening for some top seeded teams. They're playing like shit now, but that team has some talent to beat most teams in the country.

ArrowheadHawk
02-11-2010, 09:59 AM
I hope UNC doesnt make the tournament, Wouldn't want to play them in the 2nd rd when they're a 9-10 seed. That could be a rude awakening for some top seeded teams. They're playing like shit now, but that team has some talent to beat most teams in the country.What? I would love for Kansas to play them. They suck.

Reerun_KC
02-11-2010, 10:04 AM
What? I would love for Kansas to play them. They suck.

This!

And I want Duke in our bracket...

Pants
02-11-2010, 10:12 AM
I just REALLY REALLY want us to play Kentucky. I don't care how or when.

Cal needs to learn that Bill Self is his master.

Lzen
02-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Oh, holy shit! I didn't even notice that. Thanks for pointing it out. ROFL

Lzen
02-11-2010, 10:32 AM
I hope UNC doesnt make the tournament, Wouldn't want to play them in the 2nd rd when they're a 9-10 seed. That could be a rude awakening for some top seeded teams. They're playing like shit now, but that team has some talent to beat most teams in the country.

Eh, I doubt it. If they are lucky enough to make the NCAA tourney this year, they will be gone in rd 1 or 2.

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
What? I would love for Kansas to play them. They suck.

Oh I don't think KU would have a problem with UNC, having that said I'd rather play someone like Idaho Tech than UNC if you get my drift.

KC_Connection
02-11-2010, 12:37 PM
They are 2-7 right now in the ACC, and they are going to lose several more games. They aren't going to make the tournament.

sedated
02-11-2010, 12:47 PM
hell, UNC might not even make the NIT

KC_Connection
02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
hell, UNC might not even make the NIT
I don't think you can make the NIT if you have a losing record. They are going to cut that pretty close.

ArrowheadHawk
02-11-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't think you can make the NIT if you have a losing record. They are going to cut that pretty close.That really makes you appreciate what Coach Self was able to do last year with a similar talent drop off after a NC.

Buehler445
02-11-2010, 01:17 PM
That really makes you appreciate what Coach Self was able to do last year with a similar talent drop off after a NC.

Affirmative.

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 01:20 PM
That really makes you appreciate what Coach Self was able to do last year with a similar talent drop off after a NC.

Not to take anything away from Self, because what he did last season, no would have thought. I dont think you could have sat there and said that Kansas would win the Big12 conf, then almost get to the Elite 8. Having that said I think Self had a little bit more left in the cupboard than Roy did. Collins and Aldrich (2 most important positions on a bball team - PG & C) are better than anything UNC has.

shitgoose
02-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Not to take anything away from Self, because what he did last season, no would have thought. I dont think you could have sat there and said that Kansas would win the Big12 conf, then almost get to the Elite 8. Having that said I think Self had a little bit more left in the cupboard than Roy did. Collins and Aldrich (2 most important positions on a bball team - PG & C) are better than anything UNC has.

UNC has like 7 mcdonalds all americans. WTF are you talking about?

Buehler445
02-11-2010, 01:22 PM

No one knew shit about Aldrich at the start of last year other than in the final four game he fucking schooled Hansflop.

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 01:25 PM
No one knew shit about Aldrich at the start of last year other than in the final four game he ****ing schooled Hansflop.

Aldrich was a 5* McD's All American. He destroyed the NCAA National POTY in the final four, if that's not something to build off of I dont know what is.

Bearcat
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
No one knew shit about Aldrich at the start of last year other than in the final four game he ****ing schooled Hansflop.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5418/unckuzj2.jpg

shitgoose
02-11-2010, 01:33 PM
Aldrich was a 5* McD's All American. He destroyed the NCAA National POTY in the final four, if that's not something to build off of I dont know what is.

So Ed Davis (Soph), Deon Thompson (Sr), Tyler Zeller (Soph), and Marcus Ginyard (Sr) aren't something to build off of?

Buehler445
02-11-2010, 01:36 PM

It's definitely something to build off of, but not much guaranteed. Nobody knew if the ONE GAME he did anything in was an anomaly or if he did have some defensive prowess, and nobody knew if he was going to have any offensive abilities at all.

I don't care much about UNC, but I'd think they'd HAVE to have something more concrete than that.

And Collins too. We just knew Collins was explosive. Nobody had ANY clue he had the kind of leadership he does.

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
So Ed Davis (Soph), Deon Thompson (Sr), Tyler Zeller (Soph), and Marcus Ginyard (Sr) aren't something to build off of?

Ginyard and Thompson were backups on the previous season's team, were they not?

sedated
02-11-2010, 01:47 PM

Collins and Aldrich are better now, but they were huge unknowns heading into 2009. Collins was often injured his first 2 years, had been accused of sexual misconduct in the elevator, and came off the bench in 2008.

Aldrich got, what, 4 minutes a game as a frosh, and was a complete unknown until the UNC game. (He was also a 4* recruit, not a 5* as you claim). IIRC, Rod Stewart got more minutes in 2008 than Aldrich.

The difference between 2010 UNC and 2009 KU was that UNC has a ton of talent at forward (KU had 1 McDAA who was starting for the first time and 2 headcase freshmen), but KU had ONE semi-proven guard who turned into an all-conference player, which UNC does not have, at least not yet.

Lets not have revisionist history here and claim that KU was still loaded after 2008.

Tango&Cash
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Collins and Aldrich are better now, but they were huge unknowns heading into 2009. Collins was often injured his first 2 years, had been accused of sexual misconduct in the elevator, and came off the bench in 2008.

Aldrich got, what, 4 minutes a game as a frosh, and was a complete unknown until the UNC game. (He was also a 4* recruit, not a 5* as you claim). IIRC, Rod Stewart got more minutes in 2008 than Aldrich.

The difference between 2010 UNC and 2009 KU was that UNC has a ton of talent at forward (KU had 1 McDAA who was starting for the first time and 2 headcase freshmen), but KU had ONE semi-proven guard who turned into an all-conference player, which UNC does not have, at least not yet.

Lets not have revisionist history here and claim that KU was still loaded after 2008.

I never said they were loaded. I just said they were in a better position coming into the 08-09 season than what UNC was coming into this 09-10 season.

shitgoose
02-11-2010, 01:56 PM
Ginyard and Thompson were backups on the previous season's team, were they not?

Weren't Sherron and Cole backups prior to last season?

My point is that this UNC team has a plethora of talent and the cupboard was not left bare by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just sick of seeing excuses for UNC as to why they suck this year. I think their lack of success is squarely on the shoulders of Roy and the coaching staff. They should be a middle of the pack ACC team at worst. The talent is there.

KC_Connection
02-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Aldrich was a virtual unknown quantity going into last year. Nobody knew he was the best C in the NCAA.

sedated
02-11-2010, 02:35 PM
I never said they were loaded. I just said they were in a better position coming into the 08-09 season than what UNC was coming into this 09-10 season.

the ONLY way KU was "in a better position" was because of Collins, who was pretty good his first 2 years, but was still a big question mark in terms of leadership going into their post-championship year.

UNC had more proven forwards, and more of them. Davis, for instance, could have left after the championship year and been a lottery pick, but he came back. Add a senior (Thompson) and a guy who played significant minutes in 2009 before getting hurt (Zeller). Plus they added a top 10 recruit (Henson).

Mr. Plow
02-15-2010, 11:37 AM
<table><tbody><tr><td>AP Top 25</td></tr><tr><td> 1. Kansas (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2305) (62) 24-1 1,622</td></tr><tr><td> 2. Kentucky (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=96) (3) 24-1 1,557</td></tr><tr><td> 3. Villanova (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=222) 22-2 1,482</td></tr><tr><td> 4. Purdue (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2509) 21-3 1,403</td></tr><tr><td> 5. Syracuse (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=183) 24-2 1,389</td></tr><tr><td> 6. Duke (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=150) 21-4 1,278</td></tr><tr><td> 7. Kansas State (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2306) 20-4 1,239</td></tr><tr><td> 8. West Virginia (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=277) 19-5 1,101</td></tr><tr><td> 9. Ohio State (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=194) 20-6 1,068</td></tr><tr><td>10. Georgetown (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=46) 18-6 966</td></tr><tr><td>11. Michigan State (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=127) 20-6 906</td></tr><tr><td>12. New Mexico (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=167) 23-3 888</td></tr><tr><td>13. Gonzaga (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2250) 21-4 830</td></tr><tr><td>14. Wisconsin (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=275) 19-6 697</td></tr><tr><td>15. Texas (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=251) 20-5 674</td></tr><tr><td>16. Brigham Young (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=252) 23-3 669</td></tr><tr><td>17. Vanderbilt (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=238) 19-5 529</td></tr><tr><td>18. Butler (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2086) 23-4 527</td></tr><tr><td>19. Pittsburgh (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=221) 19-6 398</td></tr><tr><td>20. Tennessee (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2633) 18-6 381</td></tr><tr><td>21. Temple (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=218) 20-5 347</td></tr><tr><td>22. Baylor (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=239) 19-5 316</td></tr><tr><td>23. Wake Forest (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=154) 18-5 286</td></tr><tr><td>24. Texas A&M (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=245) 18-6 231</td></tr><tr><td>25. Richmond (http://mbd.scout.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=257) 20-6 101</td></tr><tr><td>Others Receiving Votes
Northern Iowa 74, Virginia Tech 59, UTEP 46, Illinois 29, Marquette 12, Mississippi State 5, UNLV 5, Old Dominion 4, Cornell 2, Georgia Tech 1, Maryland 1, San Diego State 1, Xavier 1.Dropped From Rankings
Northern Iowa 19, Georgia Tech 20, UNLV 23</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr. Plow
02-15-2010, 11:38 AM
<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="1">ESPN/USA Today Poll</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 1. Kansas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2305) (30) 24-1 774</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 2. Kentucky (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=96) (1) 24-1 745</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 3. Villanova (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=222) 22-2 704</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 4. Purdue (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2509) 21-3 658</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 5. Syracuse (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=183) 24-2 645</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 6. Duke (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=150) 21-4 636</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 7. Kansas State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2306) 20-4 580</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td> 8. West Virginia (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=277) 19-5 510</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td> 9. Gonzaga (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2250) 21-4 507</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>10. Georgetown (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=46) 18-6 443</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>11. Michigan State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=127) 20-6 432</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>12. Ohio State (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=194) 20-6 428</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>13. Butler (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2086) 23-4 411</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>14. Brigham Young (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=252) 23-3 346</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>15. New Mexico (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=167) 23-3 330</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>16. Wisconsin (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=275) 19-6 322</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>17. Texas (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=251) 20-5 287</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>18. Tennessee (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2633) 18-6 241</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>19. Vanderbilt (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=238) 19-5 200</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>20. Temple (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=218) 20-5 187</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>21. Pittsburgh (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=221) 19-6 181</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>22. Baylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=239) 19-5 102</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>23. Texas A&M (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=245) 18-6 98</td></tr><tr class="evenrow"><td>24. Northern Iowa (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=2460) 22-3 73</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td>25. Wake Forest (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/clubhouse?teamId=154) 18-5 58</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td colspan="1">Others Receiving Votes
Virginia Tech 35, Richmond 29, Cornell 24, UTEP 14, UNLV 11, Georgia Tech 9, Illinois 9, Notre Dame 9, Rhode Island 9, California 6, Clemson 5, Maryland 4, Florida State 3, Utah State 3, Siena 2, UAB 2, Charlotte 2, Xavier 1.Dropped From Rankings
Georgia Tech 20, Cornell 22, UNLV 25.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Mr. Plow
02-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Current bracketology....

KU #1 in Midwest. KSU #2 seed in South (UK #1 seed).

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 09:39 AM
Sign this shit.....

http://www.petitiononline.com/BIG12ESP/petition.html

To: ESPN, Big 12 Conference
We, the fans of the Big 12 Conference are tired of missing the first 5 minutes of our game each Monday when Big East Games go late. We either need to delay the start time by 15 minutes or switch the games to ESPN2. The Fans of the Big 12 deserve better.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?BIG12ESP)

Reerun_KC
02-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Signed!

Lzen
02-18-2010, 10:20 AM
I don't know that it will any good, but I signed it.

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 10:21 AM
I don't know that it will any good, but I signed it.

I don't think it will, but you never know. Stupider shit has happened before.

Lzen
02-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think it will, but you never know. Stupider shit has happened before.

That's true and is the reason I went ahead and signed it.

The least they could do is give us a split screen or something.

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Surely they can go to regional coverage once the other game starts.

doomy3
02-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Bill Self will be on Jim Rome is Burning today, for anyone interested

sedated
02-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Sign this shit.....

http://www.petitiononline.com/BIG12ESP/petition.html

To: ESPN, Big 12 Conference
We, the fans of the Big 12 Conference are tired of missing the first 5 minutes of our game each Monday when Big East Games go late. We either need to delay the start time by 15 minutes or switch the games to ESPN2. The Fans of the Big 12 deserve better.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned (http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?BIG12ESP)

This is really the fault of the Big 12. They need to stand up for themselves and let ESPN know that they aren't going to accept getting stepped on at the expense of the Big East.

Lzen
02-18-2010, 11:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2OjD_ux4RM

Reerun_KC
02-18-2010, 11:30 AM

nasty

Lzen
02-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Thursday, February 18, 2010 (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/feb/18/)
By J-W Staff Reports

http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2010/01/30/taycroop_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a37bbdb23c6f48523261b548 (http://www2.kusports.com/photos/2010/jan/30/185784/)
Photo by Nick Krug (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/nick_krug/)
Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor points to injured teammate Markieff Morris after intentionally fouling Kansas State guard Denis Clemente to stop play during the first half Saturday, Jan. 30, 2010 at Bramlage Coliseum.

Kansas sophomore guard Tyshawn Taylor will start for the Jayhawks over Brady Morningstar on Saturday against Colorado, KU coach Bill Self announced at his weekly press conference Thursday.
"I think (Taylor) has played pretty good. This is not a reflection of Brady playing poorly," Self said. "I just think that we've got to get more out of Tyshawn going forward to have a chance to do what we want to do.

"He's got to become one of the premier players on our team, and doing this with him, I'm hoping will help him get to that point, and I know it's not going to hurt Brady. That's what we're going to do, at least short-term wise, to see if that works out a little bit better."
Self said that in his team's first game against Colorado this season, the Jayhawks appeared to be tired.
"I think Brady can handle (not starting) either way just fine, but we need a little bit more speed and more oomph starting the game," Self said. "I think Tyshawn can help deliver on that."
Self said he'd seen improvement from Taylor over the last few games.
"I would say from our vantage point, we've got his attention undivided," Self said. "I don't mean that from a negative thing from before, but he's trying real hard. He's trying real hard, and he's tried real hard in practice.
"I think when he hasn't played as well, it certainly hasn't been because he's not into it or with us. He's tried real hard. I thought, if you go back and look at the game, I thought our team was its best the last two games when Tyshawn was in the game."
Taylor's last start came against Texas Tech on Jan. 16. The sophomore has started 15 of KU's 26 games this season.
"Tyshawn is a guy that makes plays that you can't coach," Self said. "He's a difference-maker from a speed standpoint, and we really need to focus in on getting him playing at the level that we know he can play at, and I think he's well on his way to doing that."

doomy3
02-18-2010, 01:23 PM

OK, that was ridiculous.

Pants
02-18-2010, 01:26 PM
Make your coach proud, TyTay!

Sure-Oz
02-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Tyshawn is itching to open a new facebook so he can create a status! and an 'i like this' for it

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Good to hear Taylor is back to starting.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 01:41 PM
Good to hear Taylor is back to starting.

He HAS to quit playing so erratic all the time. If this team wants to win the NC, he has to come up big here in the last couple months.

Lzen
02-18-2010, 01:43 PM
He HAS to quit playing so erratic all the time. If this team wants to win the NC, he has to come up big here in the last couple months.

CoMo,
you are right.

/Never thought I would say that.

:D

Lzen
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/feb/18/late-tv-starts-big-monday-not-ideal-mostly-unavoid/?mens_basketball (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2010/feb/18/)

By Eric Sorrentino (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/eric_sorrentino/)

http://media.lawrence.com/img/croppedphotos/2010/02/18/ku_bkc_am_25_t650.jpg?eec9ecda5f66de59a37bbdb23c6f48523261b548 (http://www2.kusports.com/photos/2010/feb/15/186811/)
Photo by Nick Krug (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/nick_krug/)
Kansas players Marcus Morris (22), Sherron Collins (4) and Cole Aldrich (45) meet with head coach Bill Self during a timeout in the second half, Monday, Feb. 15, 2010 at Reed Arena in College Station, Texas.

At 8 p.m. Monday, when viewers turned on ESPN to watch Kansas University’s basketball team take on Texas A&M, they had no choice but to watch the conclusion of the game between Connecticut and Villanova.
Each Monday, a 6 p.m. Big East game precedes an 8 p.m. Big 12 battle as part of ESPN’s Big Monday lineup.

After Connecticut knocked off No. 3 Villanova, the KU-A&M game didn’t reach a national TV audience until 8:17 p.m., when 13:52 remained in the first half and the Aggies led, 12-10.
Big 12 senior associate commissioner Tim Allen said he understood the point of view of frustrated fans who missed the first 6:08, but he suggested the scenario was as unavoidable as undesirable.
“Do we want them to get to our games on time? Absolutely,” said Allen, who oversees the league’s scheduling. “Do we have games in other windows where (a Big 12) game runs long and cuts into games of other conferences? Absolutely. Do we like that scenario, and do other conferences like that scenario? The answer is no, but there’s other things that play into the TV schedule as well.”
In the case of Big Monday, the primary factor is “SportsCenter.” It’s easy to suggest starting the Big East game earlier, or tipping off the Big 12 game later. Only problem is, “SportsCenter” airs 5-6 p.m. and 10-11 p.m. Considering the popularity of the show — more than 30,000 episodes have aired since 1979 — it seems unlikely the schedule will change.
“There are a lot of factors to consider. Not every game goes long,” ESPN spokesperson Mike Humes said. “And it’s not just us saying we want the game to start at X time. It’s the schools. It’s the conferences. It’s not just ESPN saying, ‘We’re going to televise the game (at 6 and 8 p.m. for Big Monday).’”
The Big 12 and ESPN are in the second year of an eight-year contract for Big Monday.
In the event of a blowout, ESPN will switch from the Big East game to the Big 12 game in the local market of the two Big 12 teams. That wasn’t possible Monday, however, since the Big East game was still a two-possession game with 1:15 left.
The Big 12 isn’t the only conference on the back end of back-to-back scheduling. For instance, an SEC hoops game will follow a Big Ten game as part of ESPN’s Super Tuesday lineup at 6 and 8 p.m.
“It’s just the nature of the business,” Allen said. “We’d all like basketball games wrapped in that neat little package. This is not a new occurrence. Games from a tough, physical league (Big East) are going to take longer than a finesse league (Big 12) because there’s more fouling and more stoppage time.”
Allen estimated of the six Big Monday games this season, about four Big 12 games reached the TV audience late. ESPN has the option each Monday of delaying the start of the Big 12 game by five minutes if it thinks the Big East game could go late, but that decision must be made an hour before the late game tips off.
There are alternatives for Big 12 fans.
ESPN displayed the option Monday, for instance, of watching the KU-A&M game online on ESPN360.com in the closing minutes of the Big East game.
Airing the start of the KU-A&M game on ESPN2 wouldn’t have worked Monday because a live Big 12 women’s game was taking place at that time. Allen said there had been discussions of moving the start of Big 12 games to ESPN Classic in the event of a late Big East game, but contractual commitments have prohibited that as an option.
“The thing we have to do a better job of with holding ESPN’s feet to the fire is switching to the next game in local markets (in the event of a blowout),” Allen said. “ESPN makes every effort to try to take the two home markets of the teams to their game. However, your definition of a blowout and the network’s may be different. The (UConn-Villanova) game got cut to two baskets (Monday), and that wasn’t big enough to take the game away.
“This is not a Big Monday deal, or a Big 12 deal. It happens with all of basketball.”
Kansas is scheduled to face Oklahoma on ESPN for the next Big Monday game at 8 p.m. in Allen Fieldhouse.

CoMoChief
02-18-2010, 01:44 PM
CoMo,
you are right.

/Never thought I would say that.

:D

I'm always right.....this board is just too afraid to admit it. :D

Mr. Plow
02-18-2010, 02:04 PM
In the event of a blowout, ESPN will switch from the Big East game to the Big 12 game in the local market of the two Big 12 teams.

#1 - Bull fucking shit they'll switch to local markets.

#2 - if they CAN switch to local markets, WHY THE FUCK DON'T THEY DO IT NOW? I don't give 2 shits about the Big East and I'm fairly certain that when a KU/A&M game is on, nobody in Lawrence or College Station give 2 shits about the Big East.

Chiefs Pantalones
02-18-2010, 02:12 PM
It's bullshit. The last two Big Monday games prior to KU's weren't blowouts but the games were OVER. It was just dumbass Big East fouling when the game is over. I understand trying to play that type of game, but come on, you're 10 points down with 23 seconds left. You are LOSING THE GAME.

Lzen
02-18-2010, 02:38 PM
#1 - Bull ****ing shit they'll switch to local markets.

#2 - if they CAN switch to local markets, WHY THE **** DON'T THEY DO IT NOW? I don't give 2 shits about the Big East and I'm fairly certain that when a KU/A&M game is on, nobody in Lawrence or College Station give 2 shits about the Big East.

My thoughts, too.

KC_Connection
02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
"I think (Taylor) has played pretty good. This is not a reflection of Brady playing poorly," Self said. "I just think that we've got to get more out of Tyshawn going forward to have a chance to do what we want to do.

Sounds like what I've been saying for months. Good decision.

Buehler445
02-18-2010, 09:43 PM
I've been saying I think Tyshawn should be getting playing time for awhile now. I would even give some focus on offense towards him. Look. We know that Sherron is going to get the best defender. People are going to double Aldrich. A good defender will be on X. It is likely that Tyshawn will be guarded by the worst defender. He's good off the bounce. Let the kid do some things early to open it up for other guys.

JMO.

ChiTown
02-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Sounds like what I've been saying for months. Good decision.

Dude is an amazing talent. Just not enough balls to go around on that team.

Mr. Plow
02-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Found this at phog.net - thought some of you might be interested...

ESPN/Sagarin all-time rankings

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/1004/cbe1.pdf

CoMoChief
02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Dude is an amazing talent. Just not enough balls to go around on that team.

He's more talented than Morningstar or Reed, he just plays erratic and turns the damn ball over too much. He can slash to the bucket though, and KU needs more of that. That goes for Henry too. Amazes me why he has such a big NBA type body, and the guy hardly ever uses it to his advantage by driving the lanes, picking up fouls etc.

CoMoChief
02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Found this at phog.net - thought some of you might be interested...

ESPN/Sagarin all-time rankings

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2009/1004/cbe1.pdf

How in the living hell is MU ranked over G'Town, Arizona, Arkansas when they've never even been to a Final Four? Rankings FAIL.

ChiTown
02-19-2010, 09:51 AM
How in the living hell is MU ranked over G'Town, Arizona, Arkansas when they've never even been to a Final Four? Rankings FAIL.

Well, just because you are a child, and can't recall or read anything that didn't happen prior to 1990, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

CoMoChief
02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Well, just because you are a child, and can't recall or read anything that didn't happen prior to 1990, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Did what happen?

ChiTown
02-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Did what happen?

Mizzou won basketball games and Conf Titles before 1990. Have they had a lot of success in the NCAA Tourney? No, but that's not what that link is all about.