PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs "I could win 2 games with 22 guys off the street".

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2009, 01:16 AM
Greatest line ever. Waters can STFU after tommorrow and if not then after the Browns come to town.

SNR
11-15-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks, asshole

ClevelandBronco
11-15-2009, 01:18 AM
Okay. 19 guys off the street if I get to pick the three that stay.

Four if you count Colquitt.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 01:23 AM
Okay. 19 guys off the street if I get to pick the three that stay.

Four if you count Colquitt.

How do you not count MPV?...

ClevelandBronco
11-15-2009, 01:26 AM
How do you not count MPV?...

I'm from Denver by way of Cleveland. I can't claim to know how to count.

Param
11-15-2009, 01:44 AM
Greatest line ever. Waters can STFU after tommorrow and if not then after the Browns come to town.

I'm not sure what to think of this....

Rausch
11-15-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm from Denver by way of Cleveland. I can't claim to know how to count.

Cleveland would never tell you to move to Denver.

"It's just nah't pra'per..."

http://evilbeetgossip.film.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/cleveland.jpg

BryanBusby
11-15-2009, 03:17 AM
mmm tags are back

At any rate, did we ever get a source about this line outside of Waters supposedly telling someone that told Fatlock?

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2009, 03:23 AM
I'd bet Mr. Haley was on his knees last night, begging for a 2nd win--from the lowly Faders...so he can steal a third win later...just to avoid the embarrassment of a TJ-type moment, with this quote hung around his azz as he's jettisoned after one-friggin year...

Stupid-shit, if he survives, WILL HIRE both a QB coach and OC next year, ya think?

Rausch
11-15-2009, 03:33 AM
I'd bet Mr. Haley was on his knees last night, begging for a 2nd win--from the lowly Faders...so he can steal a third win later...just to avoid the embarrassment of a TJ-type moment, with this quote hung around his azz as he's jettisoned after one-friggin year...

What could you possibly argue to save his job up to this point?...

Param
11-15-2009, 03:33 AM
If we go 1-15, get tha F outta here.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 03:35 AM
If we go 1-15, get tha F outta here.

If we go 2-14 what could possibly happen to change minds?...

Mr. Kotter
11-15-2009, 03:52 AM
What could you possibly argue to save his job up to this point?...

Not much, other than..."but, I only had a year; I learned a LOT and can't be any worse next year, can I? I mean, I deserve my OWN team; and a chance to recover from my thinking I could do the job of three guys myself, don't I?"

mikey23545
11-15-2009, 05:31 AM

Wow.

If you think this season has vindicated Haley somehow...

ROFL

Mojo Jojo
11-15-2009, 07:48 AM
So far Todd has 2 top 5 picks and a $63 million QB and he is trying to get to two...if he is lucky he may get 3.

The Chiefs maybe better off with 22 guys off the street, or a head coach that keeps his mouth closed and just coaches.

Fire Me Boy!
11-15-2009, 07:52 AM
As much as I'd hate it, I actually would kinda like the Chiefs to end 1-15. You know that quote will come back, and I think just maybe it'll humble him a little.

JD10367
11-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Pioli and Haley could've gone for the quick easy fix. They could've signed a few pricey old guys and got some stopgaps and had a nice little 7-9 season to get you all excited and happy. And basically delay the rebuilding process another season or two. Instead, they chose to look long-term and tear down the rotting infested building and start with a new foundation, knowing that winning a few more games now was not the priority. However, most of you seem to see nothing but the W-L column as the indicator. No, the team isn't visibly improving. Yes, it's disappointing. Yes, maybe Haley is over his head a bit. But he's new at this. So is Pioli (at least, at being without Belichick). So is Cassel (at least, at leading his own team). But most of you refuse to give them a f**king break or give them more than half a season.

Go ahead. Run them all out of town. And I guarantee Haley will go on to be a very good coach, and Pioli will go somewhere else and build a winner, and then all the tar-and-featherers will be yelling, "Why can't we find guys like that?!?"

You wanted Carl and Herm gone. They're gone. Now it's rebuilding. You can't put up a mansion in 8 games.

Would losing to the Raiders again be a kick in the balls? Certainly. But whether or not they crush, or get crushed, by the Raiders, shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not Haley stays or goes. Even if the Chiefs finish 1-15, Haley will probably get another chance (although Pioli might insist on more coaching help). Now, if Haley starts NEXT season by going 1-6, then it's a different story...

milkman
11-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Pioli and Haley could've gone for the quick easy fix. They could've signed a few pricey old guys and got some stopgaps and had a nice little 7-9 season to get you all excited and happy. And basically delay the rebuilding process another season or two. Instead, they chose to look long-term and tear down the rotting infested building and start with a new foundation, knowing that winning a few more games now was not the priority. However, most of you seem to see nothing but the W-L column as the indicator. No, the team isn't visibly improving. Yes, it's disappointing. Yes, maybe Haley is over his head a bit. But he's new at this. So is Pioli (at least, at being without Belichick). So is Cassel (at least, at leading his own team). But most of you refuse to give them a f**king break or give them more than half a season.

I didn't/don't want these guys to sign stopgaps.
I actually thought that Herman ****ing Edwards had the right idea in building the team through the draft, I just never believed he is the guy to build it.

What I wanted from Pioli are decisions in the draft to build a team through the draft, while actually building that team with the young guys on the roster that do have talent.

What I wanted for him to do is draft to strength of the drafts, i.e., offense last April, defense next April.

What I wanted him to do is to draft players that actually had the chance to come in and contribute this season, had the chance to grow and develop while contributing this season, not some projects like Donald Washington in a position that actually already had some good young players to build around, or a project like Colin Brown, who is never going to be a contributor at the position he was drafted.

Go ahead. Run them all out of town. And I guarantee Haley will go on to be a very good coach, and Pioli will go somewhere else and build a winner, and then all the tar-and-featherers will be yelling, "Why can't we find guys like that?!?"

I don't want to run them out of town, but they damn well better start producing next season.

You wanted Carl and Herm gone. They're gone. Now it's rebuilding. You can't put up a mansion in 8 games.

No, but I'd like to see that the builders actually know what a foundation is.
I'm not convinced that Pioli does know.
I want to know he does know what a foundation is next season.

Would losing to the Raiders again be a kick in the balls? Certainly. But whether or not they crush, or get crushed, by the Raiders, shouldn't have any bearing on whether or not Haley stays or goes. Even if the Chiefs finish 1-15, Haley will probably get another chance (although Pioli might insist on more coaching help). Now, if Haley starts NEXT season by going 1-6, then it's a different story...

Eh....I've accepted the fact that losing to the Raoders again is a very real possibility.

I'm not going to call for heads just yet.

Agent V
11-15-2009, 10:11 AM
As much as I'd hate it, I actually would kinda like the Chiefs to end 1-15. You know that quote will come back, and I think just maybe it'll humble him a little.

That's a more rational way to look at it. Good point.

Royal Fanatic
11-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Nobody can argue that this season hasn't been a complete cluster****.

Pioli's personnel moves so far have been awful, and Haley's coaching hasn't been any better.

The important thing is that at least we can hope that these guys get better. It's the first year as top dog for both of these guys. At least THERE IS hope that they can and will get better. We didn't have that hope with Carl and Herm. They had several years to prove that they sucked, and they proved it beyond all doubt.

You don't fire a head coach after one season when he inherits a mess as bad as this one. Haley may or may not turn out to be a decent head coach, but you've got to give him at least two years to figure it out. If he still sucks at the end of NEXT year, then can his ass and start over. But until then, give him a ****ing break.

Remember, Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 his first year with the Cowboys. Just sayin'. If Pioli and Haley eventually turn this thing around, it would be worth it if the Chiefs don't win another game this year.

Fire Me Boy!
11-15-2009, 11:04 AM
That's a more rational way to look at it. Good point.

I don't want to see him run out of town at this point, but I do think his ego needs to be checked.

Marcellus
11-15-2009, 11:24 AM
mmm tags are back

At any rate, did we ever get a source about this line outside of Waters supposedly telling someone that told Fatlock?

Don't waste your time on this. I have asked this question 100 times and though there is no proof of this ever being said outside of an unnamed source in Twhitlock column and it has never came up anywhere but here since then, it is treated as fact.

KCDC
11-15-2009, 11:57 AM
Yes, I think a dose of humility is in order. Both Pioli and Haley walked around the place like they were the smartest guys in the room. They came from the Parcells tree. Pioli even married the Big Tuna's daughter. Could there be any better coronation? Well, yes, all those years of success in the Patriots organization, and being named Personnel Guy of the decade is a coronation that is even better.

But, what they forget is their own maxim. It is not individual talent, but the team. They are relying on their own talent and chasing off anyone else that is not one of their guys. They claim that is foolish on the field, so why the Hell are they practicing it upstairs?

Sacking all the scouts is curious. Seems like there had to be some talent there. Sacking Chan Gailey was wrong. The man has had success at all levels, and even with the Chiefs. He was "different" than Haley, so he had to go. Egotists tend to surround themselves with "yes men." Snyder has done that in Washington. Al Davis and Jerry Jones has done that. Pioli at least knows football, whereas Snyder does not ... but I use that as an example of what happens (Vinny Cerrato) when you don't want a "team" of talent, but want your guys. I think both Pioli and Haley are in danger of that.

Other case in point, that was a big deal to me. When Haley was asked why they switched to the 3-4 (no, I don't have the link), he gave two answers. The one that was good was that, as an OC, he found it more difficult to predict a 3-4 defense in an upcoming game. The other reason, which was horrid, was that he admitted that his defensive coaches had more experience with a 3-4, so he needed to go with the strength of his coaches.

I'll leave aside for a moment whether Pendergast was a huge mistake. My point is that you choose the scheme that fits the players, not the coaches. By making the switch, they all but guaranteed that we could not compete for 3 years. Maybe we could not have competed with the 4-3 for another year or two; but, it is logical that you will compete sooner if you do not have to flush a good number of your defensive personnel and have to used 4-5 picks in upcoming drafts to install a different defense.

So, egotists choose coaches that are no threat to their own genious. Haley was a safe bet for Pioli. Gailey was a threat because he thought differently. They install defenses that are best for the coaches, offensive schemes that worked for them elsewhere, etc. It creates a blindness.

I don't want to run them out of town. If going 1-15 teaches them humility, then that will be good long term for us. Hiring a Crennel as DC and some decent OC would go a long way. Sadly, our defense is a hybrid now. The old 4-3 has been ripped apart. There is no real way to go back. The transition to 3-4 will take a long time, and then you worry that the next coach will come in and decide to go back to the 4-3 again, and doom us to another 3 years of mediocrity.

So, make decisions based on the personnel you have, hire coaches that have different philosophies (with some success) so that you can innovate, and realize that you can make mistakes, and learn from them, and we should be okay in a couple of years.

Okay, end of rant.

wazu
11-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Don't waste your time on this. I have asked this question 100 times and though there is no proof of this ever being said outside of an unnamed source in Twhitlock column and it has never came up anywhere but here since then, it is treated as fact.

He said it. You think the Chiefs wouldn't have come out and denied it if he hadn't?

beach tribe
11-15-2009, 12:27 PM
LOL @ all of you butt hurt pussies who thought we were gonna win more than 3 games this season.

There is NO WAY Todd Haley is getting fired after this season.

Pendergast will be sacrificed, along with the rest of the coaching staff.
New offensive, and defensive staffs and a ton of linemen will be brought in, and they'll try it again.
Then if they win 5-6 games, they will say "progress", and Haley will be back again.
So get over it crybabies.
If they don't get something done

milkman
11-15-2009, 12:29 PM
He said it. You think the Chiefs wouldn't have come out and denied it if he hadn't?

Actually, I believe that Pioli and company could give a rat's ass what the media writes, and do believe they wouldn't deny if it wasn't said.

beach tribe
11-15-2009, 12:34 PM
Yes, I think a dose of humility is in order. Both Pioli and Haley walked around the place like they were the smartest guys in the room. They came from the Parcells tree. Pioli even married the Big Tuna's daughter. Could there be any better coronation? Well, yes, all those years of success in the Patriots organization, and being named Personnel Guy of the decade is a coronation that is even better.

But, what they forget is their own maxim. It is not individual talent, but the team. They are relying on their own talent and chasing off anyone else that is not one of their guys. They claim that is foolish on the field, so why the Hell are they practicing it upstairs?

Sacking all the scouts is curious. Seems like there had to be some talent there. Sacking Chan Gailey was wrong. The man has had success at all levels, and even with the Chiefs. He was "different" than Haley, so he had to go. Egotists tend to surround themselves with "yes men." Snyder has done that in Washington. Al Davis and Jerry Jones has done that. Pioli at least knows football, whereas Snyder does not ... but I use that as an example of what happens (Vinny Cerrato) when you don't want a "team" of talent, but want your guys. I think both Pioli and Haley are in danger of that.

Other case in point, that was a big deal to me. When Haley was asked why they switched to the 3-4 (no, I don't have the link), he gave two answers. The one that was good was that, as an OC, he found it more difficult to predict a 3-4 defense in an upcoming game. The other reason, which was horrid, was that he admitted that his defensive coaches had more experience with a 3-4, so he needed to go with the strength of his coaches.

I'll leave aside for a moment whether Pendergast was a huge mistake. My point is that you choose the scheme that fits the players, not the coaches. By making the switch, they all but guaranteed that we could not compete for 3 years. Maybe we could not have competed with the 4-3 for another year or two; but, it is logical that you will compete sooner if you do not have to flush a good number of your defensive personnel and have to used 4-5 picks in upcoming drafts to install a different defense.

So, egotists choose coaches that are no threat to their own genious. Haley was a safe bet for Pioli. Gailey was a threat because he thought differently. They install defenses that are best for the coaches, offensive schemes that worked for them elsewhere, etc. It creates a blindness.

I don't want to run them out of town. If going 1-15 teaches them humility, then that will be good long term for us. Hiring a Crennel as DC and some decent OC would go a long way. Sadly, our defense is a hybrid now. The old 4-3 has been ripped apart. There is no real way to go back. The transition to 3-4 will take a long time, and then you worry that the next coach will come in and decide to go back to the 4-3 again, and doom us to another 3 years of mediocrity.

So, make decisions based on the personnel you have, hire coaches that have different philosophies (with some success) so that you can innovate, and realize that you can make mistakes, and learn from them, and we should be okay in a couple of years.

Okay, end of rant.

I'm really sick of this "oh god we screwed up by switching to the 3-4, because all of our personnel was 4-3"

WAKE UP. We set the record for fewest sacks in a season out of the 4-3.
WE HAD/HAVE NO D PLAYERS. Other than our secondary, we don't have SHIT. 3-4, 4-3, it makes no difference.
Since Pioli has the most experience drafting for the 3-4, and he has to rebuild the entire front 7, would it not make sense to switch to it?

cdcox
11-15-2009, 12:35 PM
LOL @ all of you butt hurt pussies who thought we were gonna win more than 3 games this season.

There is NO WAY Todd Haley is getting fired after this season.

Pendergast will be sacrificed, along with the rest of the coaching staff.
New offensive, and defensive staffs and a ton of linemen will be brought in, and they'll try it again.
Then if they win 5-6 games, they will say "progress", and Haley will be back again.
So get over it crybabies.
If they don't get something done

Pretty much this. Clark forcing Pioli to "consider" keeping Herm caused a delay in landing Haley (probably not Pioli's first choice) and by the time they got around to looking for assistants, it was pretty much scraps left over. Add to that the rumored fiasco of Clark forcing us to keep Chan and this year is pretty much marking time as far as putting a staff together.

None of this excuses the dogshit decisions that Pioli and Haley have made on their own.

wazu
11-15-2009, 01:08 PM
Actually, I believe that Pioli and company could give a rat's ass what the media writes, and do believe they wouldn't deny if it wasn't said.

Right. Pioli receives a report of every column, every article, every key radio interview, and every key blog post every morning. I'm sure that's not because he cares at all.

Skip Towne
11-15-2009, 01:14 PM
I don't want to see him run out of town at this point, but I do think his ego needs to be checked.

Yep, so far he is alligator mouth - canary ass. About like Pioli Zombie.

milkman
11-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Right. Pioli receives a report of every column, every article, every key radio interview, and every key blog post every morning. I'm sure that's not because he cares at all.

They do want to know what's being said.

The media is a tool for keeping in touch with the thoughts of the fan base.

But I don't think they care enough to respond to a an article that might have an inaccurate quote.

Fire Me Boy!
11-15-2009, 01:39 PM

Unfortunately, I can't put Haley on ignore.

Marcellus
11-15-2009, 01:44 PM

I have to ask, what the hell has Haley said for you to make this comment.

Alligator mouth?

There is one article written with a claim to one statement that has not been proven.

What has he said? Seriously.