PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Keep f*cking doubting Matt Cassel...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Count Zarth
11-15-2009, 05:57 PM
The title of the thread says it all....

**** you doubters. He chokes with heart, and he continues to not get the job done. You people who bash Matt, I don't even consider true fans. He chokes his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 05:58 PM
I don't even consider true fans.

Thank you.

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
this would be REALLY cool if you didnt have the same thread about LJ

CaliforniaChief
11-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Nice to see him spreading the ball around. That pass to Chambers down to the 7 was money.

Mecca
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Yea I will, it's not very difficult.

Chocolate Hog
11-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Claythan Cassel could would throw for 300 yards and people would say " The wr's were so wide open anyone on this board could make that throw."

Easy 6
11-15-2009, 06:03 PM
I still think Cassel has a toughness about him, along with some leadership intangibles... but, i thought this game highlighted his limited arm more than any other this year.

He's going to have to really keep improving where he can, to earn his 63 mill.

LaChapelle
11-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I fucking doubt he makes it until the final whistle next sunday.

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Claythan Cassel could would throw for 300 yards and people would say " The wr's were so wide open anyone on this board could make that throw."

Do you have any opinions of your own or do you just listen to what Wendler says and nod your head up and down like a bobble doll?

FTR, I'm behind Cassel as well.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Do you have any opinions of your own or do you just listen to what Wendler says and nod your head up and down like a bobble doll?

Strange juxtapositioning in this post. NTTAWWT.

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Strange juxtapositioning in this post. NTTAWWT.

Cross thread commenting.

Billay reminds me of the little dog in the old Warner Brothers cartoons....

Yeah Spike... we'll gettem, right spike? Yeah.... we'll get'em we sure will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_the_Bulldog_and_Chester_the_Terrier

Johnny Vegas
11-15-2009, 06:21 PM

thats how it was when LJ was around.

Tuckdaddy
11-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Damn straight. Matt is a leader and will only get better when the players around him get better.

ChiefsCountry
11-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Since GoChiefs has given Cassel his approval, his demise will happen soon. Its kind of like CoMo making a predicition, run to the bank and bet the opposite.

Tribal Warfare
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
don't even consider true fans

I believe that's a compliment

KcMizzou
11-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Since GoChiefs has given Cassel his approval, his demise will happen soon. Its kind of like CoMo making a predicition, run to the bank and bet the opposite.While GoChiefs has made some bold predictions that didn't turn out... he Doesn't touch Como's nearly flawless record.

Como earned his spot in the Hall of Fail long ago.

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Jeez Wendler... you went from the position that Cassel is failing the Chiefs to his defender in less than 30 days.

DAMN impressive.

http://kan.scout.com/2/912917.html

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5254/29641730.jpg

Fuck off you double talking piece of shit "columnist". You will keep backing him??? When the fuck did you start? Last week?

Then you wonder why no one takes your articles seriously.

Count Zarth
11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Jeez Wendler... you went from the position that Cassel is failing the Chiefs to his defender in less than 30 days.

DAMN impressive.

http://kan.scout.com/2/912917.html

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5254/29641730.jpg

Don't be a fucking moron. At that point, yes, he was failing the Chiefs. His last two games have been an improvement.

By the way, it's called sarcasm.

Raised On Riots
11-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Keep f*cking doubting Matt Cassel...

Aye-aye, Capn' FuckStickle!:D

milkman
11-15-2009, 07:05 PM
While GoChiefs has made some bold predictions that didn't turn out... he Doesn't touch Como's nearly flawless record.

Como earned his spot in the Hall of Fail long ago.

What Claythan has managed to achieve is status as the greatest scrub ballwasher ever.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Give him a decent line, and receivers who know how to get open and you will see a huge upgrade in his play. I will be one of the people who will give him a chance. Just like with Haley.

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 07:14 PM
Don't be a ****ing moron. At that point, yes, he was failing the Chiefs. His last two games have been an improvement.

By the way, it's called sarcasm.

So in two games he has gone from

a level of incompetence from KC’s passing game that we haven’t seen since Herm Edwards was trying to save his job by throwing Thigpen to the wolves

it’s hard to argue he hasn’t been a giant disappointment

to

he continues to get the job done

???

Just stop.

JASONSAUTO
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
I believe that's a compliment

ARENT you the guy who always says that cassel is scared?

well that "scared guy" might have thrown the ball at asomugha more today than he has been thrown at all year

Easy 6
11-15-2009, 07:24 PM
well that "scared guy" might have thrown the ball at asomugha more today than he has been thrown at all year

Good point, Ghandi Asshat was challenged & schooled pretty good today.

Micjones
11-15-2009, 07:39 PM
What do you know...
The guy has time to throw and he completes a pass of 20 yards or better to three different receivers today. Go figure.

Tribal Warfare
11-15-2009, 07:42 PM

That is correct, and oddly enough it was when Haley called him out this week concerning "urgency" he started throwing it downfield.

Raised On Riots
11-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Good point, Ghandi Asshat was challenged & schooled pretty good today.

LMAO

Redrum_69
11-15-2009, 07:47 PM

**** you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Matt, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

this coming from the Johnson supporter

dont you have a coattail to be riding off into the WPI sunset on

Tiger's Fan
11-15-2009, 08:43 PM

Excellent point.

The truth is, our OL is fucking garbage, and he's lucky to stay alive. Anyone would have the yips at this point in the season.

Shaid
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Keep f*cking doubting Matt Cassel...

Didn't you have the exact same thread about LJ? I like Cassel, when you use the same title it brings back bad memories...

Count Zarth
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
Didn't you have the exact same thread about LJ? I like Cassel, when you use the same title it brings back bad memories...

The thread harkens back to Trent Green. He was the original "keep fucking doubting" subject, I believe.

Frankie
11-15-2009, 10:34 PM

**** you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Matt, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing into him.

FYP.

Coach
11-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Great. Another thread. I guess Cassel is now destined to fail, just like LJ did. Hell, practically almost every thread that Claythan made on a certain player or coach, failed.

Damon Huard. How that turn out? Larry Johnson? Yeah, don't need to tell me that one. Devard Darling? WTF?

I can go on, but I'm not going to bother my time with this waste of a thread.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-15-2009, 10:40 PM
actually the most impressive thing Cassel did today was when Savage fumbled the punt, Cassel went to him and put his arm around him and was talking to him, that to me just shows signs of cassel being a true leader, something we havent had at the QB position in a long time.

Count Zarth
11-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Damon Huard. How that turn out?

Really well. He played above and beyond anyone's expectations.

Larry Johnson? Yeah, don't need to tell me that one.

Second-leading rusher in franchise history. SCORE!

Devard Darling? WTF?

68-yard catch and run against teh MIGHTy PATS!

Raiderhader
11-15-2009, 10:45 PM
The thread harkens back to Trent Green. He was the original "keep ****ing doubting" subject, I believe.

Yes.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44219

Coach
11-15-2009, 10:52 PM
Really well. He played above and beyond anyone's expectations.

Well, obviously your expectations are very low to begin with. I don't need to remind you that Hutard benefited from a fucking NFC West conference, where he went 4-0. Other than that, he sucked ass.

Damon slings the ball short of the first down on EVERY third down. He's a vet.. throw it past the sticks for christ sakes! Oh wait, that's exactly sounds like Matt Cassel....

Aw shit.....

Please stop making shit up and face the facts for one brief moment in your douche nozzle existance for a change. Huard never got any respect from me. He throws inaccurately, he fumbles too much, and makes piss-poor reads, especially for a "vet".

Second-leading rusher in franchise history. SCORE!

And a woman beater. I don't have any respect for guys who beat or spit on women. You should know that.

Oh wait, you never met a woman in your douche nozzle existance of a life. My bad.

68-yard catch and run against teh MIGHTy PATS!

Wow. I'm not even so sure I could assort you as an adversary at this point because in order to be considered an opponent, there would need to be a contest.

Thus far the only thing you have proven us not to doubt you, is that you have schooled us about the finer points of being an dumbass.

Raised On Riots
11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Yes.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=44219

High comedy on teh intratubes seas; I HAVE FOUND THEE AT LAST!ROFL

Nice find!

WebGem
11-15-2009, 10:55 PM
lol @ this thread

Raiderhader
11-15-2009, 10:57 PM
High comedy on teh intratubes seas; I HAVE FOUND THEE AT LAST!ROFL

Nice find!

Gotta check out the Hall of Classics forum. All kinds of great stuff in there. ;)

Raised On Riots
11-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Gotta check out the Hall of Classics forum. All kinds of great stuff in there. ;)

Oh God; the Hamas/Johnny Matrix bag o' shit thread is quite possibly the greatest thread I've ever seen in terms of one person taking on the whole board and just DESTROYING them.

chiefzilla1501
11-15-2009, 11:03 PM
That is correct, and oddly enough it was when Haley called him out this week concerning "urgency" he started throwing it downfield.

And that had nothing to do with Haley calling more aggressive playcalling.

Or the fact that the downfield playcalling opened up magically as Chambers became more involved in the offense.

Or the fact that the Oakland game was easily the best protected game the Chiefs have ever had.

Or the fact that the Chiefs had one of their best games all season running the ball.

It has nothing to do with getting called out. It has everything to do with FINALLY having enough support to throw the ball downfield. It's not good support. It's not average support. But it's much better than the support he's had all season.

Count Zarth
11-15-2009, 11:30 PM
Oh wait, you never met a woman in your douche nozzle existance of a life. My bad.

You are a fucking dumbass sometimes. Really. :rolleyes:

greg63
11-15-2009, 11:41 PM

Oh great! A GoatCheeze's if you don't agree with me you're not a true fan thread. ROFL

Von Dumbass
11-15-2009, 11:50 PM
He is no Kyle Orton.

Count Zarth
11-16-2009, 12:33 AM
Oh great! A GoatCheeze's if you don't agree with me you're not a true fan thread. ROFL

You are a fucking dumbass sometimes. Really. :rolleyes:

splatbass
11-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Damon slings the ball short of the first down on EVERY third down. He's a vet.. throw it past the sticks for christ sakes! Oh wait, that's exactly sounds like Matt Cassel....

In fairness to both Huard and Cassel it is not unusual for a coach to call that play. The thinking is that coverage will be tight past the first down mark so maybe if you throw it a couple of yards short you can get YAC and get the 1st down. I'm not saying I agree with it, but I've seen many coaches, including Belichik and Parcells do it so there must be something to it. Maybe it is based on the coverage they see.

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 12:59 AM
He is no Kyle Orton.

Thank god, he'd be on IR if he was that pussy, as much as he gets beat on.

Chocolate Hog
11-16-2009, 02:29 AM

Ummmm what?

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 10:28 AM
And that had nothing to do with Haley calling more aggressive playcalling.

No, did you notice when Cassel threw a couple of checkdowns, Haley was all over him like stink on shit.

JASONSAUTO
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
No, did you notice when Cassel threw a couple of checkdowns, Haley was all over him like stink on shit.

at what point in the game do you think you saw this?

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 10:37 AM
at what point in the game do you think you saw this?

When Cassel was coming off the field with 7 minutes he had his helmut slightly off his head, and Haley grabbed then had his arms crossed giving him the 3rd degree. This was after the series where Cassel was playing like a retarded monkey looking for a banana penis when he was handing off the ball.

Brock
11-16-2009, 10:37 AM

Link?

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 10:39 AM
Link?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218116

Brock
11-16-2009, 10:40 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218116

That's not a link to "Haley called him out this week concerning "urgency"".

Link?

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 10:41 AM
That's not a link to "Haley called him out this week concerning "urgency"".

Link?

“We’ve got to talk about it, got to coach it, got to make them think about it,” he said. “That’s what we can do. Trying to have everybody thinking the same way. We have to think with a sense of urgency, that each snap could be the difference in the game.”

who the fuck do you think he was talking too?

Brock
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
“We’ve got to talk about it, got to coach it, got to make them think about it,” he said. “That’s what we can do. Trying to have everybody thinking the same way. We have to think with a sense of urgency, that each snap could be the difference in the game.”

So you don't actually have a link to "Haley called him out this week concerning "urgency""?

Brock
11-16-2009, 10:43 AM
who the fuck do you think he was talking too?

]“We’ve got to talk about it, got to coach it, got to make them think about it,” he said. “That’s what we can do. Trying to have everybody thinking the same way. We have to think with a sense of urgency, that each snap could be the difference in the game.”

It appears he's addressing the entire offense.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 10:44 AM
So you don't actually have a link to "Haley called him out this week concerning "urgency""?

that was the link, who you think he was talking to? The only player who altered their play was Cassel. Of course if you want to put your blinders that's fine, but don't kid yourself that's exactly who he was talking to.

Brock
11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
that was the link, who you think he was talking to? The only player who altered their play was Cassel. Of course if you want to put your blinders that's fine, but don't kid yourself that's exactly who he was talking to.

Really nothing but speculation on your part. That's what I figured.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 10:46 AM

Yeah, that's what I thought even though it's clear as day you still think it's night.

SDChiefs
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
We have won 2 games. How does he consistently get the job done. He may play with heart, but does not play with something very crucial. Talent.

SDChiefs
11-16-2009, 10:49 AM

Didn't we hear this before with LJ?

Brock
11-16-2009, 10:50 AM
Yeah, that's what I thought even though it's clear as day you still think it's night.

You're offering up opinion as fact, and you'll be called out on it every time. Get over it, put away Brodie's jock, no matter how long you keep sniffing it, he isn't going to QB this team.

SDChiefs
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
He is no Kyle Orton.

Broncos have lost 3 straight last one to the lowly Redskins. I love it. They are finally playing down to the talent they actually have.

JASONSAUTO
11-16-2009, 10:57 AM
When Cassel was coming off the field with 7 minutes he had his helmut slightly off his head, and Haley grabbed then had his arms crossed giving him the 3rd degree. This was after the series where Cassel was playing like a retarded monkey looking for a banana penis when he was handing off the ball.

I'll check that out when i get home tonight. i would say that was more about the missed hand off. actually i think haley was telling him "That was on you"

RedThat
11-16-2009, 12:05 PM
I say get him an offensive line, an offensive co-ordinator who can call plays, and a good qb coach to help him out then we can judge him over time.

I have been mildly impressed with his performance thus far. I think he has stuff to work on for sure. He needs to develop a little more patience in the pocket. he often gets too jumpy and timid back there, and I think that sometimes leads to him making bad decisions and awful throws. But, its understandable he doesn't have an offensive line to help him out, and is forced to jump and run around alot.

But yeah I do not question his toughness. I think Cassel is one tough son of a gun, I think he plays the game with a bit of passion, and he does bring some leadership qualities to the table. I just think he needs to develop some poise down the road, and I feel that he needs to alot smarter with the football at times. I think he is the kind of quarterback that'll be better with a good surrounding cast.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM

He didn't call out Cassel. Sorry, but who do you think was calling the plays? After Cassel was in the 2:00 offense last week and opened it up..... then, Haley suddenly felt comfortable to let him throw it downfield.

Haley is the ultimate contradiction. He gambles when he shouldn't and calls the offense conservatively.

It is a wierd combination.

All in all, Cassel has played well. Could play better, but it is hard to get in a rhythym when your receivers continue to drop balls.

The Chiefs are second in the NFL in dropped balls. That certainly doesn't help Cassel get into a rhythym or help the offense as a whole get into a rhythym.

In Todd Haley's defense, it also messes up his playcalling. Going into yesterday's game, they had 20, which is more than two per game.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 12:49 PM
He is no Kyle Orton.

And thus we are reminded that even in our darkest times, there is always something to be thankful for.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 12:50 PM

BS.... nice try though.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 12:51 PM

who the **** do you think he was talking too?

The media. He was referencing the entire offense, including himself as the offensive coordinator.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM

To call it 'speculation' is kind.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 12:53 PM
You're offering up opinion as fact, and you'll be called out on it every time. Get over it, put away Brodie's jock, no matter how long you keep sniffing it, he isn't going to QB this team.

With this offensive line... I wouldn't lay any bets.... I'm not sayin.... I'm just saying.

Raised On Riots
11-16-2009, 02:34 PM

LMAO That's even funnier than the obligatory Mark Castle ballwashing fest that came after it.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2009, 04:17 PM

who the **** do you think he was talking too?

I don't know what's a bigger reach. Derrius Heyward-Bey? Or the claim that this was a stinging comment pointed directly at Cassel.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't know what's a bigger reach. Derrius Heyward-Bey? Or the claim that this was a stinging comment pointed directly at Cassel.

How's that? How he started look downfield more, and his target selection involved significantly increased too?

Of course Cassel shits ice cream and rainbows so this comment will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2009, 04:45 PM
How's that? How he started look downfield more, and his target selection involved significantly increased too?

Of course Cassel shits ice cream and rainbows so this comment will fall on deaf ears and blind eyes.

The issue is that you acted as if Haley clearly stated that Cassel alone needs to step up the urgency and throw downfield more. And you're basing that entirely on a very, very loose interpretation of a quote that tells us virtually nothing.

I'm not saying that you're wrong. But you're wildly separating fact from opinion.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 04:52 PM
The issue is that you acted as if Haley clearly stated that Cassel alone needs to step up the urgency and throw downfield more.

Who else do you think he was talking too? The person who dictates the rhythm and flow of the offense is the QB AKA the leader of the offense.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Who else do you think he was talking too? The person who dictates the rhythm and flow of the offense is the QB AKA the leader of the offense.

There are 53 players on this roster who don't play with any urgency. To think he's making a direct remark at Cassel is ridiculous. Maybe it's the o-linemen who need to urgently make blocks. Or the receivers who only make big plays when the game is on the line, but show no urgency to focus in the early stages. Or the RBs who miss blocks. Or the defensive players who continually give up big plays because they're not aggressively wrapping up to tackle.

You're putting words in his mouth. It was a coachspeak comment criticizing a team that has a lot of players to blame.

Tribal Warfare
11-16-2009, 05:05 PM
There are 53 players on this roster who don't play with any urgency.

He was talking about the offense, which facet of the gamame played differently in the last 5 minutes than whole game? The defense can only do so much with an inept offense leaving them on the field.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2009, 05:15 PM
He was talking about the offense, which facet of the gamame played differently in the last 5 minutes than whole game? The defense can only do so much with an inept offense leaving them on the field.

Given that Haley was running a lot of downs in a R2P2 sequence, I hardly think that showing "urgency" meant throwing downfield. His playcalling has been ultra-conservative--that's not just on Cassel. It's reflective in how often Haley likes to run the ball and how many times he runs designed screen passes early in the game.

Urgency isn't just about throwing downfield. It's also about players playing lazy or unfocused in the first half and not executing, which is most definitely the case in the first half of Jacksonville.

It's not a bad opinion you draw. But it's anything but a direct and clear fact.

Raised On Riots
11-16-2009, 05:53 PM

http://www.b3tards.com/upload/hamburglar_rofl.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen TW this on-fire before. Rep to you, Good Sir.

notorious
11-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Given that Haley was running a lot of downs in a R2P2 sequence, I hardly think that showing "urgency" meant throwing downfield. His playcalling has been ultra-conservative--that's not just on Cassel. It's reflective in how often Haley likes to run the ball and how many times he runs designed screen passes early in the game.

Urgency isn't just about throwing downfield. It's also about players playing lazy or unfocused in the first half and not executing, which is most definitely the case in the first half of Jacksonville.

It's not a bad opinion you draw. But it's anything but a direct and clear fact.

One or two extra good blocks is the difference between a play being defined as "Aggressive" or "Conservative".

Buffalo used to call draws on 3rd and long all of the time in the 90's and pick up a first or get a big chunk of yards before the punt.

Talent and execution will make any offensive coordiantor look like a genious. Lack of either will make Billichick look like Herm Edwards.

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
One or two extra good blocks is the difference between a play being defined as "Aggressive" or "Conservative".

Buffalo used to call draws on 3rd and long all of the time in the 90's and pick up a first or get a big chunk of yards before the punt.

Talent and execution will make any offensive coordiantor look like a genious. Lack of either will make Billichick look like Herm Edwards.

Who said anything about "aggressive"? Tribal warfare was talking about urgency. And players completely failing to execute at all positions most definitely falls into the category of players not playing with urgency.

Count Zarth
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM

Raised On Riots
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM
And with THAT, the good fortune went right in to the lumber yard.

Danny.

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 07:43 PM

**** off Captain Bandwagon.

Count Zarth
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Fuck off Captain Bandwagon.

Whoa whoa whoa, WHAT?

I have been on the Cassel bandwagon since he was signed.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Sonofabitch.

Raised On Riots
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Sonofabitch.

He's not going to believe it until the fucking stadium collapses and kills everyone in it.

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Whoa whoa whoa, WHAT?

I have been on the Cassel bandwagon since he was signed.

Oh... sorry.

Just used to your fawning over the flavor of the week. :p

Count Zarth
11-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Are you idiots retarded?

I started this thread LAST WEEK.

I've got the fucking Midas Touch, motherfucks!

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Are you idiots retarded?

I've got the ****ing Midas Touch, mother****s!

Yeah... because there have not been other posters with Pro Cassel threads.

You did it all on your own.

Check your tampon man... giving you a hard time. lol Enjoying the win and rather amazed we are on the same side of this argument.

Raised On Riots
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Are you idiots retarded?

I've got the fucking Midas Touch, motherfucks!

At this time, I'd like to put in a request for a "Keep doubting San Diego"-thread please...

Count Zarth
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
At this time, I'd like to put in a request for a "Keep doubting San Diego"-thread please...

We're going to have a breakout game on offense against the Chargers.

Raised On Riots
11-22-2009, 08:23 PM
We're going to have a breakout game on offense against the Chargers.

Worthless without "Keep Doubting".

Count Zarth
09-26-2010, 09:01 PM

cdcox
09-26-2010, 09:02 PM
Bash.

Shogun
09-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Alex smith played great against the Saints

Shogun
09-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Props though, he has played good in the 2nd halfs and mostly all of today.

Goldmember
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM
When you need trick plays to get separation for your receivers, that's pretty sad.

chief4life
09-26-2010, 09:07 PM

I'm right there with you instead of bashing him you need to support him. Well said :thumb:

Pawnmower
09-26-2010, 09:10 PM
When you need trick plays to get separation for your receivers, that's pretty sad.

Only a complete fucking moron would look at that play and be sad.

Congrats, you are a sad moron.

Tribal Warfare
09-26-2010, 09:10 PM

There he is trying to get a rise out of people, and/or pimping him in a sarcastic fashion that shouldn't be taken seriously.

FAX
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Okey dokey.

FAX

Goldmember
09-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Only a complete fucking moron would look at that play and be sad.

Congrats, you are a sad moron.

Right over your head, you dumbass

DJJasonp
09-26-2010, 09:12 PM
He continues to improve...and had a nice game today......but I'll let "The Wolf" comment...

"let's not start sucking each other's di**s just yet"

Pawnmower
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Right over your head, you dumbass

Sorry, your 'sarcastic' voice didn't come through so well over text...

baitism
09-26-2010, 09:15 PM
He played better. I like the trend, but I am still not sold. Moeaki bailed him out of a bad throw and the McCluster throw was late, almost leading to that LB clocking McC or knocking it away. But, I will take what I can get. I still hope they draft a QB to either put a fire under Cassell or take his job.

</post>
09-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Inconsistency is Matt Cassel's consistency. But fuck it right? 3-0!!!!

King_Chief_Fan
09-27-2010, 06:18 AM

hmmmmm........ I recall a Damon Huard thread similar to this a couple of years ago. How did that work out?

Molitoth
09-27-2010, 07:37 AM
What a joke. Cassel is nothing but a media face.

KC kid
09-27-2010, 08:34 AM
What a joke. Cassel is nothing but a media face.

Anyone that bashes cassel today obviously does not know football.

BigMeatballDave
09-27-2010, 08:37 AM
Anyone that bashes cassel today obviously does not know football.:spock:

Molitoth
09-27-2010, 08:41 AM
Anyone that bashes cassel today obviously does not know football.

haha.

HotRoute
09-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Why must people feel compelled to find flaws and hate on a team that is freaking 3-0? If you would have told me in the off season that the chiefs would be undefeated going into their bye week I would have just laughed.

But damn, they keep winning and people keep hating. Its like thats all people know how to do, im sure it will take a couple seasons worth of winning before any of that changes around these parts.

B_Ambuehl
09-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Thigpen had multiple 3 TD games too. Just sayin'. Why should anybody support Cassell when his success just leads to us being stuck with him?

He's shown beyond all reasonable doubt he's not a QB you're gonna build a serious contender around.

He needs to suck because that's the only way he's gone for sure.

Cassell's mind does not work quickly enough to be a good player. By the time he sess a receiver and realizes the receiver is open the throwing window is usually closed. Forget about asking him to go thru progressions. He got lucky yesterday on a couple of throws which will happen time to time. Hell, Leaf and Russell had a few good games too.

Pawnmower
09-27-2010, 10:36 AM
He needs to suck because that's the only way he's gone for sure.

SO let me get this straight.....

You actually WANT Cassel to fail? You want the Chiefs to lose games / suck so that we get rid of Cassel?

Interesting.

Frankie
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
I'm right there with you instead of bashing him you need to support him. Well said :thumb:

But the trouble is if you check some of GoChiefs' past posts I can almost bet you will find some of him bashing Cassel. GoChiefs has been known to radically swing both ways.

(And Claythan, don't read anything hidden in that last sentence. I'm keeping my promise. ;))

Frankie
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM
hmmmmm........ I recall a Damon Huard thread similar to this a couple of years ago. How did that work out?

This.

I'll still be watching Luck, Ponder, Mallet, etc. with anticipation, thank you very much.

Frankie
09-27-2010, 11:28 AM
:spock:

I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic. I wish we had a 'sarcam' emoticon.

talastan
09-27-2010, 11:39 AM
This.

I'll still be watching Luck, Ponder, Mallet, etc. with anticipation, thank you very much.

Mallet x 1100000000evnty bizillion!!

luv
09-27-2010, 11:42 AM
What game had we just won when this thread was started last year? And where was it at the end of the season? Where was it during preseason? Game one? Game two?

Dave Lane
09-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Who cares if you back him or bash him? Either one is completely irrelevant. He's going to be our QB this year barring implosion or injury so get over yourselves. Your opinion means absolutely nothing.

splatbass
09-27-2010, 06:40 PM
Why should anybody support Cassell when his success just leads to us being stuck with him?

Would you seriously rather lose because you don't like the QB? Are you aware that the object of the game is to win? :doh!:

Count Zarth
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM

HotRoute
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE]@KC_Chiefs1 QB Matt Cassel has a 108.9 passer rating over last 4 games - best mark of any QB in league over that span (min. 100 atts). (
[QUOTE]

I found this interesting

Mr. Flopnuts
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
[QUOTE]@KC_Chiefs1 QB Matt Cassel has a 108.9 passer rating over last 4 games - best mark of any QB in league over that span (min. 100 atts). (
[QUOTE]

I found this interesting

Some of the worst pass defenses in the league over that span. Honestly though, fuck it. He's getting the job done. He showed fire yesterday that I haven't seen from him. I'll always root for anyone that wears our uniform (LJ excluded there at the end) but he's getting easier and easier to root for. You're not going to play world class defenses every single week. Matt's getting the job done. What more can we ask at this point?

noa
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I'm glad we're winning and all, but both his passes to bowe were bad and he got bailed out. First TD should have hit bowe in stride for an easy touchdown, and the second one was a horrible ball to a wide open bowe and bowe fortunately made a highlight reel catch. And copper bailed him out too by jumping ten feet in the air to catch he ball. I won't trust Cassel until he starts making the receivers' jobs easier for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm glad we're winning and all, but both his passes to bowe were bad and he got bailed out. First TD should have hit bowe in stride for an easy touchdown, and the second one was a horrible ball to a wide open bowe and bowe fortunately made a highlight reel catch. And copper bailed him out too by jumping ten feet in the air to catch he ball. I won't trust Cassel until he starts making the receivers' jobs easier for them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes he could be more accurate but as long as he is getting the ball to them and they are catching it, he is doing his job.

I have watched plenty of receivers bail out their QB's every single week. If you throw the ball where it is caught, the throw was good enough.

Rausch
10-25-2010, 10:37 AM
Matt's getting the job done. What more can we ask at this point?

You don't need a top 10 QB to make the playoffs.

You don't need a top 10 QB to win your division.

It sure as hell helps. It's a huge advantage to have.

But it's not necessary. And it's not why we should have beaten the Texans and COULD have beaten the Colts.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansas-city-chiefs/2010/10/25/1773022/kansas-city-chiefs-qb-matt-cassel-jamaal-charles-thomas-jones

Were We Wrong On Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel?
Photo

By Joel Thorman - Editor

We predicted Matt Cassel would hold the Chiefs back this year. Cassel's last four games would suggest otherwise.

Oct 25, 2010 - I've got no qualms about admitting I was wrong with the Kansas City Chiefs. I thought signing Ty Law would put the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. I was wrong. I thought signing Larry Johnson to a long-term contract was a good move at the time. I was wrong. I thought Jamaal Charles couldn't keep up his ridiculous yards per carry rate. I was wrong.

Was I wrong about QB Matt Cassel?

I've been critical of the Chiefs QB early in the season because I thought he would hold them back. I thought the Chiefs were ready to compete right now with their running game and the play of the defense but Cassel would prevent them from becoming a legitimate contender.

Perhaps I was wrong. Over the last month, Cassel has performed very efficiently putting the Chiefs in a position to win even though they've gone 2-2 over the last month.

Via @ChiefsPR:

QB Matt Cassel has a 108.9 passer rating over his last four games - the best mark of any QB in the league over that span (min. 100 atts).

That's right. Matt Cassel is among the most efficient quarterbacks in the league the last four games.

I could understand what the Chiefs were trying to do with Cassel. They wanted him to manage the game, convert key third downs and protect the football. Guess what? He's done that. In a big way.

Cassel is completing 63 percent of his passes over the last four games and has a superb 8:1 touchdown to interception ratio. He's not getting sacked -- just three over the last four games -- and his QB rating has been over 100 three of the last four games.

Clearly he's doing some things right.

The Chiefs offense is built on the running game. That's always the priority. But what they needed to do on top of that to really become a team that folks are scared of is come up with a passing game that will make you pay for selling out to stop the run. Cassel has done just that. He's not going Kurt Warner on you throwing for 400+ yards but he is efficiently moving the ball down the field and -- the big one -- he isn't turning it over.

I'm not ready quite yet to say I was completely wrong on Cassel but his last four games are steering me in that direction.

B_Ambuehl
10-25-2010, 11:07 AM
SO let me get this straight.....

You actually WANT Cassel to fail? You want the Chiefs to lose games / suck so that we get rid of Cassel?

Interesting.

I want playoff success. There is no doubt in my mind that a Matt Cassell quarterbacked team will never have playoff success. There is also no doubt in my mind that the Chiefs ownership and front office are content with being just above .500 and have the majority of the fanbase thinking they have a legit shot. I also don't believe Pioli will readily admit his mistake with Cassell. Therefore, the only way Cassell goes is if he sucks enough to erase all belief from both of those groups.

In other words, I would rather take some losses now and be able to make a serious playoff run in the following years then suffer thru multiple years of half assed contention, 1st round playoff exits, Martyball etc. which is the best thing that can happen with Cassell at QB.

I have no personal desire for losses but I'm afraid they're the only way the front office will take the necessary steps to improve the ball club at the QB position.

noa
10-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Yes he could be more accurate but as long as he is getting the ball to them and they are catching it, he is doing his job.

I have watched plenty of receivers bail out their QB's every single week. If you throw the ball where it is caught, the throw was good enough.

The problem is that when we start to play better defenses, he won't have the luxury of being so inaccurate.

But he's getting the job done now, and I'm enjoying it. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer. I'm very happy, and I think this is an important chance for him to keep building up his confidence and improving.

HotRoute
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
He's not getting sacked -- just three over the last four games

and that's counting the game ending one against the texans that had very little impact on the game, unless he were to get lucky on a hail mary

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm too hopped up on pain killers and muscle relaxers to get into a lengthy argument, so I'll ask now and read responses later, but...

Does anyone think that under 200 passing yards is going to cut it in the playoffs, when we have to face a good team that can shut down the running game?

Don't get me wrong, I love the wins. But I've seen this movie before, and know how it ends.

Reerun_KC
10-25-2010, 11:14 AM
I'm too hopped up on pain killers and muscle relaxers to get into a lengthy argument, so I'll ask now and read responses later, but...

Does anyone think that under 200 passing yards is going to cut it in the playoffs, when we have to face a good team that can shut down the running game?

Don't get me wrong, I love the wins. But I've seen this movie before, and know how it ends.

Hook us up with some Lotto Numbers homie...

Also, you might want to run your concerns past Haley and Co... Matt is only doing what he is directed to do... How can he do more within the game plan they are giving him?

Count Zarth
10-25-2010, 11:18 AM

No.

I'm trying to stick my fingers in my ears, though, and pray Cassel steps ups in January.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 11:19 AM

First off, SF, Houston, and SD have good run defenses and we still ran the ball on them.

Secondly here is a stat to look at- 18 attempts for 193. Over 10 yards an attempt.

We don't need to run for 200 or pass for 300 to win. 150 and 250 will do it and is achievable. 400 yards of offense usually does the trick regardless of how you get it.

Thorpilian
10-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I can appreciate his heart, and I like the way he tries to lead this team by example. But, I actually watch the games, and his inaccurate throws, his staring down of one reciever and not going through progressions. If we didnt have guys who can make people miss out of the backfield. He wouldn't even be throwing for the 180 yard a game average that he has. He is competent, and I support him cause he's OUR GUY. With that being said, he isn't worth half the money he is being paid, and we can't expect for the CHIEFS brass to not start looking for his successor with his present play. Yes, I am a homer, and I will argue tooth and nail with anyone about Cassel and his play. Except, my Chief fans on a chiefs fan website where we are suppose to speaking the truth and reality of the situation. Go CHIEFS, and Cassel prove us wrong and do something special, PLEASE!

Micjones
10-25-2010, 11:30 AM

Wildcard Week of the post-season last year...
Sanchez had under 200 yards passing: Jets win.
Flacco had under 200 yards passing: Ravens win.

Division Week of the post-season last year...
Brees had under 200 yards passing: Saints win.

Wildcard Week of the post-season, 2008...

Division Week of the post-season, 2008...
Roethlisberger had under 200 yards passing: Steelers win.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM

Fuck this horseshit thread in the ass.

Sweet Daddy Hate
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM
I can appreciate his heart, and I like the way he tries to lead this team by example. But, I actually watch the games, and his inaccurate throws, his staring down of one reciever and not going through progressions. If we didnt have guys who can make people miss out of the backfield. He wouldn't even be throwing for the 180 yard a game average that he has. He is competent, and I support him cause he's OUR GUY. With that being said, he isn't worth half the money he is being paid, and we can't expect for the CHIEFS brass to not start looking for his successor with his present play. Yes, I am a homer, and I will argue tooth and nail with anyone about Cassel and his play. Except, my Chief fans on a chiefs fan website where we are suppose to speaking the truth and reality of the situation. Go CHIEFS, and Cassel prove us wrong and do something special, PLEASE!

Now here's a fucking n00b with some stones and promise.

BWillie
10-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Don't look now but Matt Cassel is 9th in QB rating in the NFL. Guys who may not have a complete sample size too like Vince Young and Ryan Fitzpatrick are ahead of him to.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2010, 11:43 AM

It won Eli Manning two playoffs games the year they went to the Super Bowl. It won Mark Sanchez two playoff games last season. It worked for Tom Brady in the AFC Championship game and Super Bowl in 2001.

I don't see why people are so afraid of being a tough defensive team that loves to run the ball. If Cassel pieces together this kind of a game against a quality defense, it could most definitely be enough to win. The only question is if he can do it consistently and do it against a real defense.

But in terms of his role, it's fine by me.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 11:45 AM
No.

I'm trying to stick my fingers in my ears, though, and pray Cassel steps ups in January.

Pretty much where I'm at.

First off, SF, Houston, and SD have good run defenses and we still ran the ball on them.

Secondly here is a stat to look at- 18 attempts for 193. Over 10 yards an attempt.

We don't need to run for 200 or pass for 300 to win. 150 and 250 will do it and is achievable. 400 yards of offense usually does the trick regardless of how you get it.

SF, Houston and SD have "good" run defenses because teams throw all over them.

I don't see this team getting 400 yards of offense against a good team in the playoffs, much less one that is going to be geared to stop the run at all costs.

7 games listed.

I see 6 games that featured elite defenses.

We're not an elite defense.

Count Zarth
10-25-2010, 11:45 AM
Stats, schmats.

I'm not so considered about his total yardage output as I am his ability to make accurate throws under duress.

That's what those quarterbacks listed above did.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Stats, schmats.

I'm not so considered about his total yardage output as I am his ability to make accurate throws under duress.

That's what those quarterbacks listed above did.

Another good point.

Anyway, I'm heading back to bed. Apparently the only response I'm going to get is, "Well, since other teams with elite defenses won with average QB play, we can too."

This defense has a long way to go before being mentioned in the same sentence as those Jets, Ravens and Giants teams.

Count Zarth
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Stats, schmats.

Joe Flacco was 16/31 yesterday.

Huge comeback win.

Shogun
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Schmatt Cassel.

Chiefnj2
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Waaaahhh. Matt Cassel hasn't gone from being a horrible QB to Peyton Manning overnight. Wahhh, I can't deal with slow improvement. Sniff, sniff, his receivers get too many yards after the catch. Blubber, blubber they rely on the running game too much. His touchdowns aren't pretty, snivel, snivel.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
It's pretty well documented what my thoughts on Cassel are. I think my biggest fear is he's going to do just enough with this cake walk schedule to get another year. I'm just hoping the coaching staff and front office are smarter than that. This isn't a 3rd year QB in the league.

But hey, we are exceeding expectations, I'm not going to speculate on the future. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 11:57 AM

Pretty much where I'm at.

SF, Houston and SD have "good" run defenses because teams throw all over them.

I don't see this team getting 400 yards of offense against a good team in the playoffs, much less one that is going to be geared to stop the run at all costs.

7 games listed.

Another good point.

Anyway, I'm heading back to bed. Apparently the only response I'm going to get is, "Well, since other teams with elite defenses won with average QB play, we can too."

This defense has a long way to go before being mentioned in the same sentence as those Jets, Ravens and Giants teams.

ROFL

funny how people can say right now what we are going to be at the end of the season when before it all started some here said that this will be a VERY different team ny the end of the year.

oh yeah those people didnt expect to start out this way and now think we have hit our ceiling for some reason.

Rudy lost the toss
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Stats, schmats.

Joe Flacco was 16/31 yesterday.

Huge comeback win.

Can you spin Flacco's career playoff stats for us? He did nothing to help win those games save maybe 1

Count Zarth
10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Can you spin Flacco's career playoff stats for us? He did nothing to help win those games save maybe 1

Flacco certainly has a ways to go.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Another good point.

I don't think anybody's saying that.

I just don't understand this mentality that the only way the Chiefs are going to win is by putting 30 points on the board every single game. That model scares the shit out of me because unless you have Peyton, Brady, or Brees, it's a very difficult model to win off of.

If the Chiefs are building around a heavy run offense, a fresh bend-don't-break defense, and a very good game manager at QB, this model has worked several times. In the last two games, Cassel has been pretty good in this role. Not as good as the homers say he is, not nearly as bad as the critics will say. But yes, he needs to prove it against better defenses.

I don't think anybody's saying Cassel today is going to win us any playoff games. I think what most people are saying is that this model could work and Cassel has a very long way to improve but at least he's showing some baby steps. And oh by the way, if those baby steps don't turn into giant leaps by year end, he shouldn't be our QB next year period.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't think anybody's saying that.

I just don't understand this mentality that the only way the Chiefs are going to win is by putting 30 points on the board every single game. That model scares the shit out of me because unless you have Peyton, Brady, or Brees, it's a very difficult model to win off of.

If the Chiefs are building around a heavy run offense, a fresh bend-don't-break defense, and a very good game manager at QB, this model has worked several times. In the last two games, Cassel has been pretty good in this role. Not as good as the homers say he is, not nearly as bad as the critics will say. But yes, he needs to prove it against better defenses.

I don't think anybody's saying Cassel today is going to win us any playoff games. I think what most people are saying is that this model could work and Cassel has a very long way to improve but at least he's showing some baby steps. And oh by the way, if those baby steps don't turn into giant leaps by year end, he shouldn't be our QB next year period.

And that answers my question.

Thank you.

Thorpilian
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
If anyone here thinks that Cassel is worth what we are paying him, I will call you crazy. If we keep him and cant sign some of our own FA's, or some interesting FA's that are available in the offseason due to him being the 3rd or 4th highest paid QB in the league, I think some people's tune might change. I dont think there are to many people here stating that Cassel is the worst QB in league history. I think everyone here sees that he can manage a game if our D steps up and our special teams bail him out. But, no, he is not an above average QB, and thats all we are asking for. And, not at the price tag of the highest in the league if one does not deserve it. Again, if we cant keep some of our players, or cant sign anyone due to him and his inflated contract, why keep him around. Trent edwards could probably do the same job as Cassel. 1/10th of the price, then draft someone. Maybe not, but, my point is proven and obvious!

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2010, 01:16 PM
And that answers my question.

Thank you.

I just have a problem with people not acknowledging improvement or trying to put negative spin to any story.

Cassels got a long way to go. But he's improving. Could he be a playoff qb by seasons end? He has a long way to go, but at least he's making strides in that direction.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
The thing about it is this:

Some people here have already spent so much energy bashing Cassel that they are unwilling to view it with an open mind at this point. It seems like they would rather keep bashing and hope that he doesn't get better....than to say 'you know, I might have been wrong about him, maybe I will back off a little and see how this thing plays out.'

The guy hasn't played THAT many games as a starter. EVER. It really shouldn't be all that much of a surprise that he gets better...

If a guy (any guy, not Mark Castle specifically) has a potential to be a B+ or B quarterback....And he starts out by never really having had the opportunity to be starter in High School, College, or the NFL....When that guy finally does get his opportunity do yo think he will IMMEDIATELY be 100% of his potential? No, he starts out way less, and builds up to his potential. This is what I see happening with Mark Castle right now.

If some people here think they know more about knowing what a player's potential is than Pioli, Haley, & Weiss, then I can't really argue with them because they obviously know more about that subject than me.

Unlike the OP, I have no problem with doubting by the way. To me there is a line between doubting / remaining skeptical and bashing / not acknowledging progress. Keep doubting, that is fine....I have some doubts too...Any logical person would. But know that there is a difference between healthy skepticism and being a douche bag who blindly bashes someone to try and make themselves sound intelligent.

To me those who blindly bash / do not acknowledge progress / do not recognize improvement or positive play are just as lame as those who are 'true fans' or homers. They are thoughtless idiots just the same.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 01:39 PM
I just have a problem with people not acknowledging improvement or trying to put negative spin to any story.

Cassels got a long way to go. But he's improving. Could he be a playoff qb by seasons end? He has a long way to go, but at least he's making strides in that direction.

No doubt he's improved in two areas.

He's not turning the ball over as much as last year, and he's getting rid of the ball much quicker, though almost too quick sometimes, if that's possible. We've seen him miss some open WR's in big situations because he's only looking at his first read.

With that said, his big issues are still big issues.

Accuracy.
Not seeing the entire field.
Inability to make big play when needed.
Happy feet when he does hold the ball.

So whether he's "made strides" wasn't the question.

The question is the same one I've asked since the day we acquired him.

Do you think Matt Cassel can lead this team, and future Chiefs teams to playoff wins and a SB win?

Regardless of what WE think, my concern is that Scott Pioli thinks the answer is "yes."

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 01:43 PM

He's not turning the ball over as much as last year, and he's getting rid of the ball much quicker, though almost too quick sometimes, if that's possible. We've seen him miss some open WR's in big situations because he's only looking at his first read.

Accuracy.

Do you think Matt Cassel can lead this team, and future Chiefs teams to playoff wins and a SB win?

Regardless of what WE think, my concern is that Scott Pioli thinks the answer is "yes."

well none of us know what pioli is thinking sooooo.....

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
well none of us know what pioli is thinking sooooo.....

Fuck it, let's call Kyle.

Might as well shut this place down if we can't talk about stuff like this.

If you don't like the conversation, don't join it.

MadMax
10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
I kinda like being an idiot, people expect less from you and therefor life is easier...

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
My concern is that Pioli thinks that regular season wins and butts in the seats and making Clark money and keeping his job are more important than winning a SB. He can probably accomplish all that with Cassel.

MadMax
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
It's pretty well documented what my thoughts on Cassel are. I think my biggest fear is he's going to do just enough with this cake walk schedule to get another year. I'm just hoping the coaching staff and front office are smarter than that. This isn't a 3rd year QB in the league.

But hey, we are exceeding expectations, I'm not going to speculate on the future. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

I totally agree with you Mike!!!! To me my biggest fear is he does "just enough" to keep us from at least trying to draft a QB!!! But I am happy anytime we win of course :)

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Your opinion is worth shit to me. Not trying to be rude, but you are 'just some douche bag on an internet forum.'

I will take Scott Pioli's opnion over yours any day of the week.

You have your mind made up already, the answer to your own questions (one of which is retarded) is "no." We get that. Do you feel the need to repeat yourself a million times just to assure yourself that 'Mark Castle is teh suck' or are you just starting to feel a little tingle down your spine that tells you you just might....gasp....be....gulp.....WRONG.

Goldmember
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
My concern is that Pioli thinks that regular season wins and butts in the seats and making Clark money and keeping his job are more important than winning a SB. He can probably accomplish all that with Cassel.

Don't worry, I have complete confidence that he'll find a Tom Brady lite.

MadMax
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Yep!!! Ala Carl Peterson part 2.. :(

AustinChief
10-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm sure someone here has already said this... but Cassel IS improving... he has a LONG LONG way to go and may hit a wall at some point.. but you'd have to be blind to not see the incremental improvement from him every week.

That said, he is crap at the moment and the improvement needs to continue steadily or there is NO EXCUSE for keeping him past this year.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM

To me this is an extremely valid concern.....

But I have absolutely no way of knowing the thought process behind this other than to look at the salary cap versus what we spend. Right now I would say Bugeater has a very, very valid point. BUT, I wouldnt have expected them to spend big money this season (which everyone thought was a rebuilding season, and really still is one)....If we continue the path of lack of spending....Then I will agree with this more and more.However IF we start spending at or very near the cap in the next season or two, then I won't worry about this one bit.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2010, 01:59 PM
he's doing better, not good enough yet but better.

IF ... he continues to improve the rest of the year he might be worth keeping. By the end of the year we better be running a complete offense with no "scared to ask the QB to make play" type shit going.

If weis is still afraid to call a pass play on 3rd and 15 then Cassel needs to go.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Yep!!! Ala Carl Peterson part 2.. :(
http://gamehounds.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/crying.jpg

Earthling
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
All I know is I'm having fun this year watching the Chiefs play on Sundays.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM
By the end of the year we better be running a complete offense with no "scared to ask the QB to make play" type shit going.

Hell I wouldn't even give him till the end of the year.

I truly feel we will know by the 8th or 9th game (@ Oakland & @Denver).

The later divisional games at home will also give us even more insights, but I think those two road games in particular will show us enough to make a decision for next season.

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Fuck it, let's call Kyle.

Might as well shut this place down if we can't talk about stuff like this.

If you don't like the conversation, don't join it.

maybe you should take your own advice sometimes

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM

what about pioli's track record here or in NE would make you feel that ANYTHING less than a SB win is acceptable?

Epic Fail 007
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
idiots need to stop bitching about the 63 mill contract,he only got what his market demanded,plus the people that are not smart enough to see he most likely won`t recieve all that well ur just stupid

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM

Accuracy.

It's not going to happen all at once with a flip of the switch. Right now, the best we can hope for is continual improvement with the goal of having it all together by end of season. Lofty goal, but strides are most definitely important to getting there.

You mention not turning it over. I would also mention that he's throwing with a lot more confidence and sliding in the pocket a hell of a lot better than he used to. A lot of his accuracy issues, to me, seem to be footwork issues, especially when facing a rush. And I don't agree that he can't make a play when needed. He's been terrific on third downs the past two games, many of which were pass plays, and he showed last year that he's capable of playing pretty decent in key moments. I think he'd love to have that 3rd and 2 back when they played Indy, but other than that, I don't think he's been that bad.

Baby steps. He's not the guy right now, but I'll take improvements as long as they keep coming.

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm sure someone here has already said this... but Cassel IS improving... he has a LONG LONG way to go and may hit a wall at some point.. but you'd have to be blind to not see the incremental improvement from him every week.

That said, he is crap at the moment and the improvement needs to continue steadily or there is NO EXCUSE for keeping him past this year.

agreed

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 02:22 PM
maybe you should take your own advice sometimes

Care to explain?

Are you insinuating that I don't like the conversation, and posted anyway?

Or is that all you could think of to give yourself a reason to respond - because your two recent posts in this thread have nothing to do with Cassel or the question I asked?

58-4ever
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM
idiots need to stop bitching about the 63 mill contract,he only got what his market demanded,plus the people that are not smart enough to see he most likely won`t recieve all that well ur just stupid

I think that figure demonstrates a commitment to mediocrity to a lot of folks. Most of us could give a shit if it was eleventy billion dollars

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
So it was prophesied, so it begins.

And that said, the things he is doing in this offense are tests of basic, minimum competency. Performing them is like a high school diploma: yeah you need it, but it's nothing to crow about.

FAX
10-25-2010, 02:27 PM

That's crazy talk, Mr. Bugeater.

FAX

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
It's not going to happen all at once with a flip of the switch. Right now, the best we can hope for is continual improvement with the goal of having it all together by end of season. Lofty goal, but strides are most definitely important to getting there.

You mention not turning it over. I would also mention that he's throwing with a lot more confidence and sliding in the pocket a hell of a lot better than he used to. A lot of his accuracy issues, to me, seem to be footwork issues, especially when facing a rush. And I don't agree that he can't make a play when needed. He's been terrific on third downs the past two games, many of which were pass plays, and he showed last year that he's capable of playing pretty decent in key moments. I think he'd love to have that 3rd and 2 back when they played Indy, but other than that, I don't think he's been that bad.

Baby steps. He's not the guy right now, but I'll take improvements as long as they keep coming.

Good, back to some adult conversation.

I see improvement over last year, which I pointed out.

But I'm not seeing much from game-to-game. He's putting up basically the same stat line week after week. There hasn't been a game this year where I've thought, "Wow, he's really improved over last week."

He basically doing all the things an average QB should be doing when they aren't being asked to do much.

And to get back to the original point, I don't think we have the defense to go deep in the playoffs/win a championship when the QB isn't being asked to stretch the field. And I also don't think we can continue to count on Charles/TJ to rack up 200+ yards a week, or hope that Bowe or Dexter break a short pass for 60 every week.

I keep hearing the argument, "he's doing what he's asked to do," but no one wants to talk about WHY that's all he's being asked to do.

The "why" is going to be very important come the playoffs.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 02:30 PM

And that said, the things he is doing in this offense are tests of basic, minimum competency. Performing them is like a high school diploma: yeah you need it, but it's nothing to crow about.

I disagree.

No one is 'crowing' about how awesome Mark Castle is...If they are, I don't see those threads. There are 1193274239048 more threads of how he sucks than any threads of how great he is. The only things I see people say are lets give him a chance, he played well in X game, he had some good throws on Y series....stuff like that.

I think you are reading too much into things if you see these things as people 'crowing' about how awesome Mark Castle is.

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
what about pioli's track record here or in NE would make you feel that ANYTHING less than a SB win is acceptable?
He doesn't have much of a track record here, and he didn't win those SBs on his own. I really have no idea what goes on in his head or anyone else's. I didn't say it was a fact, it's just a concern of mine, and if Cassel doesn't take some huge steps this year and still returns as a starter next year, it will give credence to that concern.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 02:31 PM

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
But I'm not seeing much from game-to-game. He's putting up basically the same stat line week after week. There hasn't been a game this year where I've thought, "Wow, he's really improved over last week."

Maybe you should actually look at the last 3 games then.

Indy -- Houston --- Jac

Improvement over those 3 games IMO.

Mecca
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Care to explain?

Or is that all you could think of to give yourself a reason to respond - because your two recent posts in this thread have nothing to do with Cassel or the question I asked?

Are you going to have that conversation again?

Brock
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
He looks competent. I guess that'll have to do.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Maybe you should actually look at the last 3 games then.

Indy -- Houston --- Jac

Improvement over those 3 games IMO.

Really?

I'm supposed to be impressed with 550 yards in 3 games against the 3 worst pass defenses in the league?

I'm supposed to be impressed that his completion percentage is finally at an acceptable level, even though he rarely throws the ball downfield?

He's doing what any average QB should do with the game plans he's been provided. Short throws, hope for YAC, don't turn the ball over, hope RB's gain 200+.

Exactly what some of us said when Weis was brought here to "fix" Cassel.

He hasn't "fixed" anything. He's just covered the warts.

Meanwhile, the running game and defense is bailing him out, and we're so starved for even decent QB play, he's being commended for being average.

Matt Cassel is being asked to NOT LOSE the game. Nothing more.

You'd be a fool not to be concerned about what's going to happen when he's asked to WIN the game in the playoffs.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Are you going to have that conversation again?

Nah. I know the answer.

Valiant
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Hook us up with some Lotto Numbers homie...

Also, you might want to run your concerns past Haley and Co... Matt is only doing what he is directed to do... How can he do more within the game plan they are giving him?

You just answered your own question. They don't want to give him more chances. He needs a number 1 rushing atttack to win. He did a great job yesterday of not fucking up. Too bad. But the chiefs will fail if they have to use him to win.

We still need a qb thatis not a crutch.

He about got the wr killed on the quick toss that the wr was not even looking yet.
Same with the screen pass that hit the rb in the head.
Rocket pass that was uncatchable to copper and would of got him creamed if he went for it.
Copper had to jump five feet in the air for one or it gets picked.
Bowe had to make an amazing grab on an errant throw.
Bowe also had to slow down for the other throw.

All that is fine every now and then. But not for the norm.

The chiefs will eventually face good defenses gameplanning to have cassel beat them.
And right now he will crumble with errant innaccurate passes.

But great job to the chiefs being 4-2

Earthling
10-25-2010, 02:49 PM
.....He did a great job yesterday of not ****ing up. Too bad.

Too bad he did a good job yesterday? Wtf ??

noa
10-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Sniff, sniff, his receivers get too many yards after the catch. Blubber, blubber they rely on the running game too much. His touchdowns aren't pretty, snivel, snivel.

People can be justifiably concerned that the yards after the catch won't be as easy to come by against good defenses, and those yards after the catch would be totally unnecessary if Cassel was hitting the receiver in stride, like a good QB ought to do.

And yes, I also think that it's fair to be concerned that his TD's aren't pretty. Not because anyone cares about the aesthetics of a TD, but because those "ugly" TD's shouldn't be ugly at all. Moeaki and Bowe have both made mindblowing highlight reel catches because Cassel made a hard play out of what should have been an easy one. And no one should be happy to rely on that occurring on a regular basis.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Hell I wouldn't even give him till the end of the year.

I truly feel we will know by the 8th or 9th game (@ Oakland & @Denver).

The later divisional games at home will also give us even more insights, but I think those two road games in particular will show us enough to make a decision for next season.
nah, cassel gets the entire year because we don't have to make a decision about Cassel until the end of the year.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
nah, cassel gets the entire year because we don't have to make a decision about Cassel until the end of the year.

Sure...But It is always better to start planning sooner than later. I'll probably have my mind made up one way or another by mid-season, but I can respect wanting to wait till the end of the season also.

What I do not respect is all of the people who had their minds made up before this season even started. To me, that was foolish.

</post>
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Where is the play action pass?

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM
He doesn't have much of a track record here, and he didn't win those SBs on his own. I really have no idea what goes on in his head or anyone else's. I didn't say it was a fact, it's just a concern of mine, and if Cassel doesn't take some huge steps this year and still returns as a starter next year, it will give credence to that concern.

i know where you are coming from here. wasnt trying to get on ya.:D

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 04:03 PM
Where is the play action pass?

They actually ran some in the 2nd half against the Jags.

JASONSAUTO
10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Care to explain?

you get in conversations that you dont like all the time here. hell ANY conversation about cassel you dont like. well maybe you do because it lets you bitch.

the first post was about people coming back at you with what you asked for and you moved the goal posts just like you always do.

maybe you should ask clearer questions.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM

I was trying to figure out where the hell that came from as well. I don't know where some of the people on here come by their beliefs.

If all Pioli cared about was putting butts in the seats and making $ they should have drafted a 1st round QB and fired up the hype machine. That would fill the stadium faster than anything.

Mr. Flopnuts
10-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Pawnmower is a Chargers fan? Why else would he want Norv fired? I want Norv to get a 10 year contract extension.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Pawnmower is a Chargers fan? Why else would he want Norv fired? I want Norv to get a 10 year contract extension.

Nah..
Sorry I was helping buck with his avatar

MadMax
10-25-2010, 04:34 PM
http://gamehounds.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/crying.jpg

That's just mean :)

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 04:39 PM
you get in conversations that you dont like all the time here. hell ANY conversation about cassel you dont like. well maybe you do because it lets you bitch.

the first post was about people coming back at you with what you asked for and you moved the goal posts just like you always do.

maybe you should ask clearer questions.

WTF?

Now you're claiming to know what I like and don't like?

And can anyone decipher the bolded text, because I have no fucking clue.

I asked a pretty clear question. Then asked another.

People ignored the first, or made wild comparisons between our defense and the Jets of last year and the Ravens and Steelers of 2008.

They completely ignored the second.

Moving the goalposts?

I've been asking the same question since the day Cassel was acquired:

Do you have anything to add to this discussion, or are you just here to argue the poster, rather than discuss the topic at hand?

Mr. Laz
10-25-2010, 04:40 PM
That's just mean :):)

Bacon Cheeseburger
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
I was trying to figure out where the hell that came from as well. I don't know where some of the people on here come by their beliefs.

If all Pioli cared about was putting butts in the seats and making $ they should have drafted a 1st round QB and fired up the hype machine. That would fill the stadium faster than anything.
Bullshit, true fans don't have the patience for a rookie QB to develop.

Micjones
10-25-2010, 04:44 PM
7 games listed.

So success in the post-season involves more than QB play?
Go figure.

crazycoffey
10-25-2010, 04:46 PM
I've been asking the same question since the day Cassel was acquired:

I used to think so, and still do hope he could or will, but I have been losing faith last week and even this week, because of Cassel's playing. The long TD pass to Bowe this week was woefully under thrown. That doesn't impress me at all.

Matt's passion and leadership is impressive, and he is building confidence. IF that's all it takes for his play to continue to improve, that'll be freaking awesome, and I will be very happy. I promise.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 04:47 PM

This is partially a retarded question. No one in their right mind thought this team was going to win playoff games BEFORE this season started. The idea that Matt Cassel would be solely responsible for us not winning playoff games or going to the Superbowl THIS SEASON is ****ing stupid. The idea that anyone should be thinking Superbowl THIS SEASON just shows how totally out of touch you are with reality.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 04:51 PM
So success in the post-season involves more than QB play?
Go figure.

Intellectual dishonesty, FTW.

Please, keep comparing our defense to the 2009 Jets, and 2008 Ravens and Steelers.

I think it's safe to say that if we had an elite defense like the teams you mentioned, most of us wouldnt be nearly as concerned come playoff time.

And even then, you're taking ONE game.

Show me a team that's won a SB with a less-than-elite defense and under 200 yards a game from the QB position.

Everybody buy your lottery ticket. Someone won last week, no reason why it can't be you this week.

crazycoffey
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
This is partially a retarded question. No one in their right mind thought this team was going to win playoff games BEFORE this season started. The idea that Matt Cassel would be solely responsible for us not winning playoff games or going to the Superbowl THIS SEASON is ****ing stupid. The idea that anyone should be thinking Superbowl THIS SEASON just shows how totally out of touch you are with reality.

You do realize, that this board is exactly the place to talk about EVERY ANGLE related to the Chiefs play/players/coaches/fans/drafts/articles.

Jesus the back and forth on the same issues gets retarded sometimes, but that's just the way it is on the chiefs planet. so what....

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM

Please, keep comparing our defense to the 2009 Jets, and 2008 Ravens and Steelers.

I think it's safe to say that if we had an elite defense like the teams you mentioned, most of us wouldn't be nearly as concerned come playoff time.

Show me a team that's won a SB with a less-than-elite defense and under 200 yards a game from the QB position.

Everybody buy your lottery ticket. Someone won last week, no reason why it can't be you this week.

See what you typed there?

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 04:53 PM

Nothing at all retarded about it.

The goal is to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

And this isn't limited to this season.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 04:57 PM
See what you typed there?

Key word: NEARLY.

Just because I thought they'd only win 7-8 games doesn't mean we should be subject to watching an ass-raping in the playoffs because we didn't address the QB position.

I see some people have the balls to answer the question, while others keep ignoring it, picking at other parts of my posts.

Can't imagine why...

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 04:59 PM
You do realize, that this board is exactly the place to talk about EVERY ANGLE related to the Chiefs play/players/coaches/fans/drafts/articles.

Jesus the back and forth on the same issues gets retarded sometimes, but that's just the way it is on the chiefs planet. so what....

That's what makes this place great, and not the bastion of rainbows, ice cream and puppies over at the other sites where you can't say anything negative about the organization.

Good football talk, even if repetitive, is always better than the bullshit disguised as football talk at the other places.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 05:00 PM

The goal is to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS.

And this isn't limited to this season.

I think we all know that but I guess I have to ask what your point is bitching about Cassel right now, this minute?

Cassel is here for at least this year, you do understand that. Are you proposing we switch QB's right now or maybe when we get to the playoffs?

I am sure you aren't proposing a QB switch right now so what do you want KC to do?

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM

2005-6 Pttsburgh Steelers comes very close to this. Maybe you can argue they were 'elite' on defense. I think they were pretty average on pass defense, although they did get a LOT of sacks that season....Their run defense was outstanding...But does that make them elite?

I am not saying they were not elite, since that is subjective...

But in 2005-2006 Big Ben averaged UNDER 200 YPG, and their defense, while good, may not be considered one of the elite defenses of all time.

I can keep going back further if you would like, this is pretty interesting.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Key word: NEARLY.

Just because I thought they'd only win 7-8 games doesn't mean we should be subject to watching an ass-raping in the playoffs because we didn't address the QB position.

I see some people have the balls to answer the question, while others keep ignoring it, picking at other parts of my posts.

Can't imagine why...

The answer is simple- if Cassel can play well enough to get us to the PO's then it's not crazy to think we couldn't win a game when we get there with the same team and the same players.

No he won't throw the team on his back and carry us to the promise land. There are only 3 QB's I can think of that can do that.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:03 PM
I think we all know that but I guess I have to ask what your point is bitching about Cassel right now, this minute?

Cassel is here for at least this year, you do understand that. Are you proposing we switch QB's right now or maybe when we get to the playoffs?

I am sure you aren't proposing a QB switch right now so what do you want KC to do?

Who's bitching?

I'm asking a question that apparently, no one wants to answer.

If you've read any of my posts over the last month, I've been one of the few that is adamant about the chances of Cassel being here NEXT year as pretty good.

But again, fuck it.

Nothing we can do about Cassel, or anything, actually.

Shut it down, Kyle. Nothing to talk about here.

We don't make a difference, so don't bother wasting the bandwidth.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 05:04 PM

Yes actually there is. You are saying (in part) that Matt Cassel's failure (in your eyes) is at least partially due to him being unable (in your mind) to lead the team to playoff wins and superbowl victory THIS SEASON.

That part of your statement is ****ing stupid IMO. The rest...Maybe I can respect...But that part of it is fall off short-bus retarded.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Who's bitching?

I'm asking a question that apparently, no one wants to answer.

If you've read any of my posts over the last month, I've been one of the few that is adamant about the chances of Cassel being here NEXT year as pretty good.

But again, **** it.

Nothing we can do about Cassel, or anything, actually.

Shut it down, Kyle. Nothing to talk about here.

We don't make a difference, so don't bother wasting the bandwidth.

Wow, that's not childish or anything.

Your question has been answered and I don't think it's outlandish to ask you what you propose KC do while you are bitching about the QB play.

What do you want the team to do? Is that not a topic for discussion or do we only get to discuss what you want to talk about?

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:10 PM
2005-6 Pttsburgh Steelers comes very close to this. Maybe you can argue they were 'elite' on defense. I think they were pretty average on pass defense, although they did get a LOT of sacks that season....Their run defense was outstanding...But does that make them elite?

I am not saying they were not elite, since that is subjective...

But in 2005-2006 Big Ben averaged UNDER 200 YPG, and their defense, while good, may not be considered one of the elite defenses of all time.

I can keep going back further if you would like, this is pretty interesting.

Yeah, that Steelers defense was pretty average.

4th in total defense. 3rd in scoring defense.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:14 PM
Wow, that's not childish or anything.

Your question has been answered and I don't think it's outlandish to ask you what you propose KC do while you are bitching about the QB play.

What do you want the team to do? Is that not a topic for discussion or do we only get to discuss what you want to talk about?

Other than Coffey, who's answered the question?

And you know the answer to your question, it's been the same since I've become a member here.

Draft a franchise QB in the 1st round.

In the meantime, I'd like to see them open up the fucking playbook, so a legitimate assessment of Cassel can be made.

It's not difficult for any QB in the NFL to do what he's being asked to do.

You and I both know that in the playoffs, more, much more is necessary from
that position, especially without an elite defense.

Micjones
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM

Yes, because intellectual dishonesty can be defined as observing more criteria than was originally discussed. Gotcha.

I said nothing at all about defensive play. I simply disproved the idea that a passing day under 200 yards in the post-season can't win. It can... Because winning in the post-season is about more than QB play.

I'm surprised to have time to type in between moving the goalposts.

I think it's safe to say that if we had an elite defense like the teams you mentioned, most of us wouldnt be nearly as concerned come playoff time.

Hello 2006 Indianapolis Colts.
Before you go "full" retard... Let me remind you of a couple things...

1. The Colts defense was 23rd in the league in Scoring Defense that year.
2. Manning's 4 game playoff stretch works out to a QB rating of 70.

But if you're prepared to call this elite:
97-for-153, 1034 passing yards, 3 TD's, 7 INT's

Knock yourself out.

The point is simply...
Even in the most odd situations winning in the post-season never hinges solely upon QB play.

crazycoffey
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm still backing croyle...

Extra Point
10-25-2010, 05:17 PM
I'm still backing croyle...

Still think we're back'n into the playoffs?

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:18 PM
Yes actually there is. You are saying (in part) that Matt Cassel's failure (in your eyes) is at least partially due to him being unable (in your mind) to lead the team to playoff wins and superbowl victory THIS SEASON.

That part of your statement is ****ing stupid IMO. The rest...Maybe I can respect...But that part of it is fall off short-bus retarded.

Are you fucking retarded?

Is the goal to win a championship, or to win 8 games and maybe make the playoffs?

The rest of this team is playing well enough to be a real, real tough out in the playoffs THIS year. With a legitimate QB, a deep run or even a championship wouldn't be out of the question. THIS year.

But not with this level of QB play.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 05:20 PM
It's not difficult for any QB in the NFL to do what he's being asked to do.

You and I both know that in the playoffs, more, much more is necessary from
that position, especially without an elite defense.

Look, I am not sold on Cassel being THE GUY I just think it is getting ridiculous to pick him apart when he is doing what he is supposes to be doing to this point. I agree open the playbook but we have #1 rushing offense for a reason. We kick ass at running the ball. I don't care who we play I have confidence we will run the ball.

As far as playoffs, he has another 10 games to step it up.

Here is how the Cassel meter has gone preseason to now.

Preseason - We won't win 4 games with Cassel at QB

After week 2- We could be a playoff team if not for Cassel

After Week 7 - We won't win a playoff game with Cassel at QB.

I do have to say I like the direction the trend is going.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 05:20 PM

Yeah, that Steelers defense was pretty average.

4th in total defense. 3rd in scoring defense.

You talk about being dishonest then make crap statements and mis-quote me? Your credibility is shit. I said their PASS defense was average.

You don't respond to my actual quotes, you just make crap up to cover up your own stupidity.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt before, but now realize you are a total dishonest douche bag, kindly **** off.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:22 PM
Yes, because intellectual dishonesty can be defined as observing more criteria than was originally discussed. Gotcha.

I said nothing at all about defensive play. I simply disproved the idea that a passing day under 200 yards in the post-season can't win. It can... Because winning in the post-season is about more than QB play.

I'm surprised to have time to type in between moving the goalposts.

Hello 2006 Indianapolis Colts.
Before you go "full" retard... Let me remind you of a couple things...

1. The Colts defense was 23rd in the league in Scoring Defense that year.
2. Manning's 4 game playoff stretch works out to a QB rating of 70.

But if you're prepared to call this elite:
97-for-153, 1034 passing yards, 3 TD's, 7 INT's

Knock yourself out.

The point is simply...
Even in the most odd situations winning in the post-season never hinges solely upon QB play.

Who ever debated that point?

Please, post where I said that winning hinges SOLELY on QB play.

You came up with examples of teams that won with shitty QB play, then throw your hands up and say you're not comparing our defense to the defenses of your examples.

In other words, in your world, anything is possible, because someone else, under different circumstances (and with much better teams) did it once.

We've come full-circle to the "Trent Dilfer Won A Super Bowl" defense.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Good, back to some adult conversation.

I see improvement over last year, which I pointed out.

He basically doing all the things an average QB should be doing when they aren't being asked to do much.

And to get back to the original point, I don't think we have the defense to go deep in the playoffs/win a championship when the QB isn't being asked to stretch the field. And I also don't think we can continue to count on Charles/TJ to rack up 200+ yards a week, or hope that Bowe or Dexter break a short pass for 60 every week.

I keep hearing the argument, "he's doing what he's asked to do," but no one wants to talk about WHY that's all he's being asked to do.

The "why" is going to be very important come the playoffs.

He's improving a lot more than he gets credit for. Don't know if you have access to the game. But check out the throws he makes with about 8:30 in the 2nd quarter and 2:32 in the 3rd quarter. I took a freeze frame of the second quarter throw:
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/9051/cassel.jpg
On those two plays, he set plays up by recognizing that he should step up in the pocket. In that jpg, you can see that his moving up buys him a few extra seconds. Actually, he does quite a bit of maneuvering. In week 1, Cassel stands in the back like a statue and fumbles the ball. If that's last year, he tucks the ball under and takes a sack. Pocket presence was something I really wanted to see improvement and he's definitely done that. He does the same on the long Bowe TD--actually, if you pay close attention, people talk about an underthrow, but wonder if anyone noticed that he got hit pretty unexpectedly as he's delivering the throw.

As for yardage totals, I really don't care about stats. Mark Sanchez is averaging about 180 yards per game and I think he's doing terrific in that role. The Chiefs are running first because they are really damn good at it. I think it's unfair to say it's only because they don't trust their QB. The Chiefs aren't elite on defense where they can win playoff games. But are they on that path? I think so.

I agree that I want to see Cassel take over a game where the run offense is lacking (we've already seen he can help put up points when the defense is lacking). And I want to see more improvements on accuracy and footwork. And while he's gotten better at looking at more than one read, he needs to get a lot better. Again, baby steps.

SNR
10-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Some n00bs lately have been asking around about the term "true fan" and if a clear concise definition can be applied to such a concept.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Pawnmower and Marcellus: True Fans.

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:25 PM
You talk about being dishonest then make crap statements and mis-quote me? Your credibility is shit. I said their PASS defense was average.

You don't respond to my actual quotes, you just make crap up to cover up your own stupidity.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt before, but now realize you are a total dishonest douche bag, kindly **** off.

How did I misquote you, dipshit?

You said they weren't elite. You implied that they were less than elite. But like someone else we know that likes to argue like this, you focus on one word, instead of the post as a whole.

They were a stellar defensive unit.

It's not even debatable.

Marcellus
10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Some n00bs lately have been asking around about the term "true fan" and if a clear concise definition can be applied to such a concept.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present Pawnmower and Marcellus: True Fans.

I think true fan is one of dumbest fucking things ever invented on CP.

I would have been fine drafting Sanchez, or any other possible QB that warranted the pick so take your moniker and stick it straight up your ass.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 05:27 PM
How did I misquote you, dipshit?

You said that I said their DEFENSE was average.

I said their PASS defense was average.

You have the reading skills of a down's syndrome kid who just took a hit of crack.

ChiefButthurt
10-25-2010, 05:29 PM
Look, I am not sold on Cassel being THE GUY I just think it is getting ridiculous to pick him apart when he is doing what he is supposes to be doing to this point. I agree open the playbook but we have #1 rushing offense for a reason. We kick ass at running the ball. I don't care who we play I have confidence we will run the ball.

I hope the next complaint is "we won't win a Super Bowl with Cassel at QB. :D

Micjones
10-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Who ever debated that point?

Please, post where I said that winning hinges SOLELY on QB play.

You really should stop asking me to show you shit... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7117385&postcount=136)

You came up with examples of teams that won with shitty QB play, then throw your hands up and say you're not comparing our defense to the defenses of your examples.

I gave you specifically what you asked for... To make the indirect point that QB play is but one factor to consider when you discuss what it takes to win in the post-season.

Some of those under 200 yard passing days were perfectly sufficient. Some of them were even GOOD performances. Shitty doesn't accurately describe all of those I cited. In fact... One of Sanchez's under 200 passing yard days worked out to a 139 QB Rating.

In other words, in your world, anything is possible, because someone else, under different circumstances (and with much better teams) did it once.

*Waving to the strawman*

On the contrary sir...
Rather what I'm suggesting is that QB play is only one factor to consider.
Is it important in the post-season? Absolutely, but to suggest an EFFICIENT day (something you've grossly undervalued here) CAN'T win in the post-season...is wrong. That's been proven.

You've also glossed over the fact that success at throwing the ball in the becomes much more difficult in the post-season. 200-something yard days are pretty damn typical because of it.

Cassel hasn't JUST thrown under 200 yards the last two weeks. He's doing it at a QB Rating-clip of 130. That's something altogether different.

But, carry on (pun intended).

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I think true fan is one of dumbest fucking things ever invented on CP.

actually it was invented by Bob Gretz from a " real fan" article chastising the fanbase when he was writing for kcchiefs.com. I altered it slightly to what we know now.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2010, 05:33 PM
you should know, you've become an expert at it.

chiefzilla1501
10-25-2010, 05:34 PM

Yeah, but how many teams with less than elite defenses won a Super Bowl without a HOF QB (assuming Warner is a HOFer and Brees continues playing at a pro bowl level)? Take Brady, Warner, Peyton Manning, and Drew Brees out of the equation and what do you got?

I have absolutely no problem with this team building a franchise around a stellar defense and a stellar run game, with a terrific game manager at QB. I don't think Cassel is that game manager right now. Could he be? Still a longshot, but I feel a lot better about that today than I did a couple of weeks ago.

The problem is that Martyball has gotten such a bad name. If we can get a HOF QB like Brees, then great. But the Jets, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers (even minus Big Ben), Giants, Titans, and Bucs are currently seeing success without asking their QB to do a whole lot.

Mr. Laz
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM
actually it was invented by Bob Gretz from " real fan" when he was writing for kcchiefs.com, but it I altered it slightly.
slightly?? :spock:

"True fan" has be bastardized so badly on CP that it should be illegal in every state but arkansas.

Every time one of you fugtards hear something you don't agree with you shout "true fan"

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Again, WHY is that all he's being asked to do?

And I'm glad you have confidence we can run against anyone. I don't.

We've played precisely ONE decent run defense.

40% of our yardage that game came on one play.

Listen, I have no doubt we can run on most of the teams left on our schedule, but to think that we'd rip Pittsburgh or the Jets a new asshole on the ground in the playoffs, paving the way for a 140 yard effort from Cassel, and win, is crazy, IMHO.

That's not a Cassel meter. That's a rest-of-the-team meter.

They are playing well above my expectations for the year thus far, and I'm enjoying the ride. I'm just not looking forward to the rest of the team being held back when it matters most come January.

Tribal Warfare
10-25-2010, 05:39 PM
slightly?? :spock:

"True fan" has be bastardized so badly on CP that it should be illegal in every state but arkansas.

Every time one of you fugtards hear something you don't agree with you shout "true fan"

Just saying who originally invented the phrase .

I use the term sparingly

crazycoffey
10-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Still think we're back'n into the playoffs?

no way, we walk in heads high and kick the shit out of the jets and Pittsburgh...

OnTheWarpath58
10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
You really should stop asking me to show you shit... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7117385&postcount=136)

I gave you specifically what you asked for... To make the indirect point that QB play is but one factor to consider when you discuss what it takes to win in the post-season.

Some of those under 200 yard passing days were perfectly sufficient. Some of them were even GOOD performances. Shitty doesn't accurately describe all of those I cited. In fact... One of Sanchez's under 200 passing yard days worked out to a 139 QB Rating.

*Waving to the strawman*

On the contrary sir...
Rather what I'm suggesting is that QB play is only one factor to consider.
Is it important in the post-season? Absolutely, but to suggest an EFFICIENT day (something you've grossly undervalued here) CAN win in the post-season...is wrong. That's been proven.

You've also glossed over the fact that success at throwing the ball in the becomes much more difficult in the post-season. 200-something yard days are pretty damn typical because of it.

Cassel hasn't JUST thrown under 200 yards the last two weeks. He's doing it at a QB Rating-clip of 130. That's something altogether different.

But, carry on (pun intended).

Holy shit, we've hit the QB rating portion of the argument.

So quickly we forget Philadelphia, 2009.

QB rating over 100. Miserable fucking QB play.

We're talking about a "stat" in which a QB can earn a 90 rating for throwing for 100 yards, as long as he doesn't throw an INT.

Awesome. Wonder how often that stat line wins a playoff game.

Likely never without an elite defense.

Pawnmower
10-25-2010, 05:41 PM
They are playing well above my expectations for the year thus far, and I'm enjoying the ride. I'm just not looking forward to the rest of the team being held back when it matters most come January.

You are an idiot, a douche bag, a hypocrite and a liar for using the phrases 'held back' and 'come January' in the same sentence for the 2010 Chiefs. You have been presented with multiple arguments which completely shatter your 5th grade (and that is being generous) intelligence level yet you refuse to acknowledge any of them. You don't address any of the counter points in this thread, you merely come up with even more regurgitated diarrhea which you spew all over and convince yourself that everyone should just eat it up because it is delicious chocolate.

Cassel is doing fine , and improving. The Chiefs are improving, and are doing much better than anyone thought. The idea that we are even talking playoffs is joyous. I'm not sure why these things make you want to shit your bed and ask other people to lay in it but jesus it is embarassing for the sake of this Forum.

stevieray
10-25-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm just not looking forward to the rest of the team being held back when it matters most come January.

from the QB not being able to play and the team not winning shit this year, to being reduced to making it about one player, while the HC is all about team.

that's a bummer, IMO.