PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock v Chiefs

geronimo
11-16-2009, 08:22 AM
I haven't lived in KC since i was 18 years old and that was 1983 so my information about the Chiefs is very limited. Although I don't post much, I have taken to viewing this site for substantive chiefs information/discussion. I live in Dallas and am an avid NFL fan, Chiefs fan but very indifferent when it comes to the Cowboys. My post is intended to get a better understanding of the relationship (or lack thereof) between Whitlock, The KC Star and the Chiefs football organization. Over the years I came to appreciate Whitlock's perjorative contrarian perspective, viewing him as a "glass half empty", "the sky is falling" kinda voice in the wilderness. I compare him to Skip Bayless circa 1990's when he was a sports writer here in Dallas. I loved Skip because he interjected a semblence of objectivity into reporting on "America's Team". Whitlock seems to take the contrarian approach too far lately. I don't view the media's job as hometeam cheerleaders but I expect balance. I agreed with him during the Vermeil/Gunther/Edwards years in the sense that I thought Carl was making some (but not all) bad decisions. However, lately he's gotten to the point of repetitive, nasty personal attacks on Haley/pioli/Hunt. I didn't mind a few jabs at them every now and then because I think they deserve it and it keeps them honest -so to speak. It seems deeper than "monday morning quarterbacking". I have largely disregarded CP posters who routinely disregard every word of every article written by Whitlock. But I'm beginning to come around to their way of thinking. Whitlock has a respectable football acumen so there must be something that I can't see driving his train. Is it just to maintain his status by being antagonistic? If so, it will surely backfire over time. Or is there something else going on? Sorry for being so wordy.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Pioli and Haley are secretive towards the media, they like to keep their stuff in house, so Whitlock just makes up shit to write.

geronimo
11-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Pioli and Haley are secretive towards the media, they like to keep their stuff in house, so Whitlock just makes up shit to write.

I get that but my point is there is enough to write about w/o the personal below the belt undertones. And if you're going to take that approach then at least have balance. i'm not seeing that in his columns over the last several months if not years.

Mojo Jojo
11-16-2009, 08:31 AM

Isn't it funny that when Carl & Co. kept things in house it was a bad thing to posters on this board, but now it is OK and Jason just makes things up. Guess what Jason has always made things up...it's his job he is a columnist. All opinion...no facts. Nothing has changed.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Jason has never been about the Chiefs for good or for bad.

Jason is all about Jason.

Everything I've ever read of his has been "look at me, listen to me, don't you understand, it's all about me and my opinions. You're too stupid to think for yourself."

Which is why I quit reading his crap years ago and put all his aliases on ignore some time ago.

Jason is no more qualified to write about the Chiefs than I am and there are posters on this board who consistently write better football takes than he does. If the Star editorial board had any sense at all, they'd be trying to hire some of the people here (NO, not you Claythan, people who can really write) and send Jason on down the road where he can spout his crap elsewhere.

Jason is there to try and shock people. I give him as much credit for being a "journalist" (note: not a reporter) as I would Howard Stern.

IOW: None.

Jason is one of the main reasons I don't go to the KC Star web site nor would I ever subscribe to their paper. I see no reason to contribute to the man's paycheck in any way, shape, or form.

But, that's just me.

Jack
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
whitlock thinks it is just a matter of time before his canonization and enshrinement in Canton.

There is quite a pile-on on another thread with whitlock supposedly posting and defending. . .what, I don't know.

KCChiefsFan88
11-16-2009, 09:15 AM
How is Whitlock off base in being critical of the Chiefs? This is a franchise that has won 8 games the past 3 seasons combined. If anything the KC sports media has been a lapdog in Clark Hunt's futility the past 3 seasons.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:13 AM
How is Whitlock off base in being critical of the Chiefs? This is a franchise that has won 8 games the past 3 seasons combined. If anything the KC sports media has been a lapdog in Clark Hunt's futility the past 3 seasons.

This.

Whitlock on ignore? What a bunch of fucking pussies.

This franchise SUCKS FUCKING ASS, from ownership down the assistant coaches, yet there are people that just don't want to hear it, despite their failure on the football field and a half-empty stadium.

I pity you fools.

bowener
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM

Agreed.

It would be nice to see the local media stop asking stupid fucking questions week in and week out. Always the same boring shit. I do not care how hard it was for Niswanger to come back from his injury, I simply do not. I do care that we show little sign of improvement as a team at all, how about we fucking ask them why that is?

Why ask stupid shit like, "is Jamal excited to get his first start?" Why the fuck ask that when you know the answer is, "yes, dipshit, he is!"

Alright, done venting for now.

beach tribe
11-16-2009, 10:21 AM
I get that but my point is there is enough to write about w/o the personal below the belt undertones. And if you're going to take that approach then at least have balance. i'm not seeing that in his columns over the last several months if not years.

Whitlock knows that the only reason people read his crap, is because he causes controversy. Even if the Chiefs were doing well, he would be looking for a reason to stir up shit.

rambleonthruthefog
11-16-2009, 10:27 AM
dane mccloud = whitlock. a blowhard, know it all, attention whore who thinks everyone that dissagrees with him is an idiot.

beach tribe
11-16-2009, 10:29 AM
This.

Whitlock on ignore? What a bunch of ****ing pussies.

This franchise SUCKS ****ING ASS, from ownership down the assistant coaches, yet there are people that just don't want to hear it, despite their failure on the football field and a half-empty stadium.

I pity you fools.

The whole damn front office has been/will be replaced, and Whitlock, and I guess, you, and Hamas, have already declared it a total failure half way through a season in which we have no OC or staff, and 0 talent inherited from the former regime. This team has sucked for so long that some people are so butt hurt they won't give the new guys half a chance to build a team. I like what's being done. This roster is being purged of all the heartless pussies, and Hard ass Haley, and Pioli, IMO will build a winner soon.

BTW, I think putting anyone on ignore is pretty puss.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
The whole damn front office has been/will be replaced, and Whitlock, and I guess, you, and Hamas, have already declared it a total failure half way through a season in which we have no OC or staff, and 0 talent inherited from the former regime. This team has sucked for so long that some people are so butt hurt they won't give the new guys half a chance to build a team. I like what's being done. This roster is being purged of all the heartless pussies, and Hard ass Haley, and Pioli, IMO will build a winner soon.

Well, hopefully you're right and I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

FTR, I don't think that Tank, Turk, Pollard and Johnston are "heartless pussies" and I certainly don't think that benching your most talented players (Morgan, Bradley, DJ and to some extent, Bowe) is any way to run a franchise or win in the NFL.

Furthermore, I've seen 8 year olds manage an NFL game in Madden better than Todd Haley has on Sundays.

Jack
11-16-2009, 10:34 AM
This.

Whitlock on ignore? What a bunch of ****ing pussies.

This franchise SUCKS ****ING ASS, from ownership down the assistant coaches, yet there are people that just don't want to hear it, despite their failure on the football field and a half-empty stadium.

I pity you fools.

Ignore whitlock?

I read a sentence or two of his articles and see nothing of value, kinda like listening to obama.

I cannot accept being foolish for doing so.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Ignore whitlock?

I read a sentence or two of his articles and see nothing of value, kinda like listening to obama.

I cannot accept being foolish for doing so.

Yeah, that's it: That's a great comparison. Whitlock to President Obama.

I take it you don't like black people.

JFC.

:shake:

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM

BT,

I usually like your takes, but I'm going to go against the flow here.

Judicious use of the ignore function improves my ChiefsPlanet experience, minimizing the dumbassery around me.

Putting jwhit on ignore improves my read at the Planet.

Just like putting Dane on ignore years ago has improved it also.

But, you can have any opinion of me that you want. Read whomever you want. Listen to whomever you want. It's a free country/bulletin board.

WhitiE
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
Well, hopefully you're right and I'm wrong but I just don't see it.

FTR, I don't think that Tank, Turk, Pollard and Johnston are "heartless pussies" and I certainly don't think that benching your most talented players (Morgan, Bradley, DJ and to some extent, Bowe) is any way to run a franchise or win in the NFL.

Furthermore, I've seen 8 year olds manage an NFL game in Madden better than Todd Haley has on Sundays.

what difference does the day make in which haley plays madden if hes not good at video games? that makes no sense....

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
BT,

I usually like your takes, but I'm going to go against the flow here.

Judicious use of the ignore function improves my ChiefsPlanet experience, minimizing the dumbassery around me.

Putting jwhit on ignore improves my read at the Planet.

Just like putting Dane on ignore years ago has improved it also.

But, you can have any opinion of me that you want. Read whomever you want. Listen to whomever you want. It's a free country/bulletin board.

JFC. You're a bigger pussy than I ever imagined.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Love him or hate him, I think it's awesome that a nationally recognized sports columnist comes here and talks football with us.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Love him or hate him, I think it's awesome that a nationally recognized sports columnist comes here and talks football with us.

I completely agree.

It's just too bad that so many people get their taints in a bunch at the sight of his articles.

milkman
11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
I completely agree.

It's just too bad that so many people get their taints in a bunch at the sight of his articles.

As I've said before, I actually am on the same side of the fence as Whitlock.

But he's a hack.

Plain and simple.

His writing is absolute garbage.

Even though I agree with his opinions, I can't stomach his writing.

Jack
11-16-2009, 10:59 AM

Agreed, but pardon my 'Net skepticism, has this ever been verified?

His profile sez he came aboard in '04 and has about 100 posts, about 10% of that coming today.

Folks have hammered (and some agree) him fora long time and until today I didn't see anything from him.

What am I missing?

GoHuge
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that's it: That's a great comparison. Whitlock to President Obama.

I take it you don't like black people.

JFC.

:shake:This. I can't help but think all this lashing that Obama recieves is in large part due to racism that is just seething out of people. I'm not an overly political guy, but forgive me if I think it's utterly stupid to be bashing this guy after 10 months in office when he's following an unmitigated disaster of a President like Bush and the mess he left this country in. Damn him for not having it all fixed by now!!! Much like Pioli and Haley.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 11:02 AM

His profile sez he came aboard in '04 and has about 100 posts, about 10% of that coming today.

Folks have hammered (and some agree) him fora long time and until today I didn't see anything from him.

What am I missing?

I'm pretty sure it's him. I think somebody verified it.

milkman
11-16-2009, 11:03 AM

What am I missing?

It was confirmed by the site administrator at the time that he registered, and has been reiterated numerous times since.

He's also registered here as "Big Sexy".

38yrsfan
11-16-2009, 11:04 AM
I haven't lived in KC since i was 18 years old and that was 1983 so my information about the Chiefs is very limited. Although I don't post much, I have taken to viewing this site for substantive chiefs information/discussion. I live in Dallas and am an avid NFL fan, Chiefs fan but very indifferent when it comes to the Cowboys. My post is intended to get a better understanding of the relationship (or lack thereof) between Whitlock, The KC Star and the Chiefs football organization. Over the years I came to appreciate Whitlock's perjorative contrarian perspective, viewing him as a "glass half empty", "the sky is falling" kinda voice in the wilderness. I compare him to Skip Bayless circa 1990's when he was a sports writer here in Dallas. I loved Skip because he interjected a semblence of objectivity into reporting on "America's Team". Whitlock seems to take the contrarian approach too far lately. I don't view the media's job as hometeam cheerleaders but I expect balance. I agreed with him during the Vermeil/Gunther/Edwards years in the sense that I thought Carl was making some (but not all) bad decisions. However, lately he's gotten to the point of repetitive, nasty personal attacks on Haley/pioli/Hunt. I didn't mind a few jabs at them every now and then because I think they deserve it and it keeps them honest -so to speak. It seems deeper than "monday morning quarterbacking". I have largely disregarded CP posters who routinely disregard every word of every article written by Whitlock. But I'm beginning to come around to their way of thinking. Whitlock has a respectable football acumen so there must be something that I can't see driving his train. Is it just to maintain his status by being antagonistic? If so, it will surely backfire over time. Or is there something else going on? Sorry for being so wordy.

Like you, I am a "dislocated" Chiefs fan and use other sources than the local media for news of interest.

IMO, Whitlock has let his dislike for the current executive structure negatively influence his "reporting" and to unfairly bias his opinions to the detriment of his subjects. He struggles hard with it but his "ego" can't let him be disrespected by a mere football-executive, after all, he does have a press card.

Jack
11-16-2009, 11:09 AM
It was confirmed by the site administrator at the time that he registered, and has been reiterated numerous times since.

He's also registered here as "Big Sexy".

I reckon one out of two is OK.

Thanks for the info.

geronimo
11-16-2009, 11:23 AM
I agree its a good thing if whitlock does visit and post on this board. I guess the bottom line is we're here because we are chiefs fans. being a fan means you celebrate a win, hope for the best while evaluating the performance. while its true we're not that good, mabe even horrible, at some point there is nothing to be gained by endless unbridled criticism especially when it reaches a point of senseless personal attacks. the key to the game of football is competition. some have a better grasp of how to win than others. not much to be optimistic about in our current season but that's not a surprise. i would like to think that the organization from top to bottom is doing their best. i'm not one to attack the person but I'm all for analyzing the performance. for Whitlock it seems the distinction gets blurred. i'd like to know how jamaal charles is running, whether the line protected cassell any better, if our receivers are running good routes and catching the ball. did the defense get any pressure on the quarterback. that's the stuff the game of football is about. that's where the entertainment is -- not whether somebody's ego is too big. how and when do we get the next win. i just don't see that anymore in Whitlock's columns or in the self-serving dribble that comes from other KC Star contributors. Rich Gosselin (who writes for the Dallas Morning News) seems to like the chiefs but he's typically covering the NFL (in Dallas). At least he gives a balanced informative perspective. I don't know where to find that in the KC media online. I don't think it currently exists.

MahiMike
11-16-2009, 11:26 AM
Whitlock used to be relevant during the King Carl days. Now that he and Gretz have no access to the front office, even Gretz has gone from "Absolute YES man" to scorned lover status. Now Jason has to get even more Hollywood entertainment style to stay the "Bad guy" of KC journalists.

It wore thin months ago.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:31 AM
I agree its a good thing if whitlock does visit and post on this board. I guess the bottom line is we're here because we are chiefs fans. being a fan means you celebrate a win, hope for the best while evaluating the performance. while its true we're not that good, mabe even horrible, at some point there is nothing to be gained by endless unbridled criticism especially when it reaches a point of senseless personal attacks. the key to the game of football is competition. some have a better grasp of how to win than others. not much to be optimistic about in our current season but that's not a surprise. i would like to think that the organization from top to bottom is doing their best. i'm not one to attack the person but I'm all for analyzing the performance. for Whitlock it seems the distinction gets blurred. i'd like to know how jamaal charles is running, whether the line protected cassell any better, if our receivers are running good routes and catching the ball. did the defense get any pressure on the quarterback. that's the stuff the game of football is about. that's where the entertainment is -- not whether somebody's ego is too big. how and when do we get the next win. i just don't see that anymore in Whitlock's columns or in the self-serving dribble that comes from other KC Star contributors. Rich Gosselin (who writes for the Dallas Morning News) seems to like the chiefs but he's typically covering the NFL (in Dallas). At least he gives a balanced informative perspective. I don't know where to find that in the KC media online. I don't think it currently exists.

Balanced?

LMAO

You want "balanced" coverage of arguably the worst team in the NFL over the past three seasons?

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Whitlock used to be relevant during the King Carl days. Now that he and Gretz have no access to the front office, even Gretz has gone from "Absolute YES man" to scorned lover status. Now Jason has to get even more Hollywood entertainment style to stay the "Bad guy" of KC journalists.

It wore thin months ago.

Not to me. I wish he'd dig up MORE dirt on these motherfuckers.

milkman
11-16-2009, 11:33 AM
Not to me. I wish he'd dig up MORE dirt on this mother****ers.

What dirt has he dug up?

All of his "dirt" is just baseless speculation and unconfirmed rmours.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:40 AM
What dirt has he dug up?

All of his "dirt" is just baseless speculation and unconfirmed rmours.

I'm sorry, I fully disagree.

Whitlock has access to the players. As a reporter/columnist/whatever, if he named those players or "sources", they'd dry up immediately.

And furthermore, I don't think he has any reason to lie.

Brock
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
This. I can't help but think all this lashing that Obama recieves is in large part due to racism that is just seething out of people.

What was the reason for the hate heaped upon Bush immediately after he was elected?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
Dane,

You're on the clock in DraftPlanet.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Dane,

You're on the clock in DraftPlanet.

Sweet. Thanks.

milkman
11-16-2009, 11:46 AM

Whitlock has access to the players. As a reporter/columnist/whatever, if he named those players or "sources", they'd dry up immediately.

I must have missed the "dirt" that he's written that would require that he protect a source, but then I haven't been able to read much of the crap he writes because he is, as I said, a useless hack.

His writing is mind numbing to me, and he slings the same shit over and over.

That becomes more than tiresome to me.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I must have missed the "dirt" that he's written that would require that he protect a source, but then I haven't been able to read much of the crap he writes because he is, as I said, a useless hack.

His writing is mind numbing to me, and he slings the same shit over and over.

That becomes more than tiresome to me.

I get that but personally, I like his writing.

To each his own, I suppose.

GoHuge
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
What was the reason for the hate heaped upon Bush immediately after he was elected?Uh perhaps the fact that he was elected by the Supreme Court?? Just a guess :rolleyes:

HemiEd
11-16-2009, 12:37 PM

Tim, H1N1, the Plague and heart disease are also nationaly recognized.

Brock
11-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Uh perhaps the fact that he was elected by the Supreme Court?? Just a guess :rolleyes:

Yeah, that is just a guess, and a poor, inaccurate one at that.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 12:39 PM
Tim, Polio, the Plague and heart disease are also nationaly recognized.

Oh come on, it would be great to chat with the Plague. I'm sure it would have some really interesting stories about the Dark Ages. :D

BossChief
11-16-2009, 12:44 PM
As I've said before, I actually am on the same side of the fence as Whitlock.

But he's a hack.

Plain and simple.

His writing is absolute garbage.

Even though I agree with his opinions, I can't stomach his writing.
this

how about selling papers?

HemiEd
Oh come on, it would be great to chat with the Plague. I'm sure it would have some really interesting stories about the Dark Ages. :D

The History Channel rocks, 269!

Tiger's Fan

Talk about delusional.

Whitlock makes up more shit than you do.

Yeah, and he's just as objective.

You're dumb enough to believe that any of these players, save for a washed up Waters has anything to say to him, or anyone else for that matter. They know the rules, and adhere to them if they plan to stay on the roster.

I guess you have more time to hate on a rebuilding team now that USC has shit the bed for good this year.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 12:45 PM
The History Channel rocks, 269!

Oh wait, you were around during the Dark Ages, weren't you? :evil:

HemiEd
11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Oh wait, you were around during the Dark Ages, weren't you? :evil:

Pretty close, the light was very dim.

In all seriousness, last week on "Survivorman" (the guy that goes out for a week at a time with 2 matches, a toothpick and coffee can) mentioned you could get the plauge from drinking the water. :D

Brock
11-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Oh yeah, "Ice Road Truckers" FWT

GoHuge
11-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, that is just a guess, and a poor, inaccurate one at that.OK professor why don't you fill me in on why with all you wisdom. He lost the popular vote (I voted for Bush) and the country was in turmoil. Finally the Supreme Court voted Bush in (I know facts are pesky things for an ideologue). That caused alot of hatred towards the man. Obama won by 8 million votes and 365 to 173 electoral votes so you explain the venom towards him so soon if race isn't involved. What everyone is pissed he hasn't fixed the disasters from the 8 previous years in 10 months? Even us Americans aren't that inpatient and irrational.

I expect some sort of an ideologue response given the tenor of your previous responses. At least try and be objective..........a tall task I know.

Brock
11-16-2009, 12:57 PM
OK professor why don't you fill me in with all you wisdom. He lost the popular vote (I voted for Bush) and the country was in turmoil and finally the Supreme Court voted Bush in. That caused alot of hatred towards the man. Obama won by 8 million votes and 365 to 173 electoral votes so you explain the venom towards him if race isn't involved.

I expect some sort of an ideologue response given the tenor of your previous responses. At least try and be objective..........a tall task I know.

You're giving an idealogue argument. I'm not really interested in furthering a political argument where it doesn't belong, but hypocritical bickering doesn't really bolster your assertion that people who don't like Obama are doing so because they're racists. If you wish to continue it, you need to put it over in DC. (where you will be owned quite easily)

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
OK professor why don't you fill me in with all you wisdom. He lost the popular vote (I voted for Bush) and the country was in turmoil and finally the Supreme Court voted Bush in. That caused alot of hatred towards the man. Obama won by 8 million votes and 365 to 173 electoral votes so you explain the venom towards him if race isn't involved.

i think it's called buyers remorse for someone who ran as a moderate, and is now acting just left of Mao. Oh, and he's a compulsive liar, not unlike dane.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
i think it's called buyers remorse for someone who ran as a moderate, and is now acting just left of Mao. Oh, and he's a compulsive liar, not unlike dane.

You're a real piece of work, asshole.

Too bad you'll be a fucking loser the rest of your life.

I bet that hurts.

Jealous fucking worthless prick.

Count Zarth
11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
He's lazy and puts more effort into covering good teams. Read his college columns. Night and day.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Talk about delusional.

Whitlock makes up more shit than you do.

Yeah, and he's just as objective.

Hey Assfucker, do you really believe that a columnist can print anything he wants, regardless of the truth?

If so, you're dumber than I could ever have imagined and if you have a college education, you should ask for a refund because you got hosed.

You're dumb enough to believe that any of these players, save for a washed up Waters has anything to say to him, or anyone else for that matter. They know the rules, and adhere to them if they plan to stay on the roster.

Yeah, sure, Buster. You know all. You're secretly an employee of the Chiefs that can refute, with facts, everything that Whitlock has printed.

Prove it.

I guess you have more time to hate on a rebuilding team now that USC has shit the bed for good this year.

Why would I care about USC?

JFC. You REALLY are a fucking drooling retard with absolutely NO value to this forum.

jAZ
11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
This. I can't help but think all this lashing that Obama recieves is in large part due to racism that is just seething out of people. I'm not an overly political guy, but forgive me if I think it's utterly stupid to be bashing this guy after 10 months in office when he's following an unmitigated disaster of a President like Bush and the mess he left this country in. Damn him for not having it all fixed by now!!! Much like Pioli and Haley.

Good to know I'm not the only one to see those parallels.

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 01:17 PM
You're a real piece of work, asshole.

Too bad you'll be a ****ing loser the rest of your life.

I bet that hurts.

Jealous ****ing worthless prick.

Hmmmmmm, lets see. Who sounds butthurt here?

ROFL

You're a pathetic joke of a halfman. But feel free to continue to cry. It keeps my heart warm.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Hmmmmmm, lets see. Who sounds butthurt here?

ROFL

You're a pathetic joke of a halfman. But feel free to continue to cry. It keeps my heart warm.

Cry? Over you?

Right.

I get all worked up when some fucking 23 year old loser "insults" me.

Nice try, funnyman.

Brock
11-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Good to know I'm not the only one to see those parallels.

Yeah, another unbiased voice heard from. :LOL:

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Yeah, another unbiased voice heard from. :LOL:

You're a racist for making this type of comment about someone who is clearly accutely aware of the racism at play in this country.

GoHuge
11-16-2009, 01:25 PM
You're giving an idealogue argument. I'm not really interested in furthering a political argument where it doesn't belong, but hypocritical bickering doesn't really bolster your assertion that people who don't like Obama are doing so because they're racists. If you wish to continue it, you need to put it over in DC. (where you will be owned quite easily)Like I said I'm not that political. Just wanted you to explain why saying it was just a guess that people didn't like Bush because he was voted in by the Supreme Court "was just a guess, and a poor, inaccurate one at that." Asked you to esplain that and you couldn't, that's OK. Hypocritcal bickering? Also perhaps if you could spell "ideologue arguement" you might better understand what it is and when and how to accuse someone of it. Also have no interest in going to DC to deal with that dumbassery. Was just responding to your assertion I was way off base regarding the Bush hatred. You couldn't defend your position other than to just say I was wrong. Wasn't expecting a valid qualification of your statement anyway. Not so a much politcal statement as it was responding to your stupid shit.

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey Ass****er, do you really believe that a columnist can print anything he wants, regardless of the truth?

If so, you're dumber than I could ever have imagined and if you have a college education, you should ask for a refund because you got hosed.

Yeah, sure, Buster. You know all. You're secretly an employee of the Chiefs that can refute, with facts, everything that Whitlock has printed.

Prove it.

Why would I care about USC?

JFC. You REALLY are a ****ing drooling retard with absolutely NO value to this forum.

I guess you don't understand the concept of an opinion column.

And who is going to waste their time checking sources for a sports columnist? It's not like it's real journalism, and Whitlock isn't a journalist anyway, unless you consider the Enquirer journalism too.

I can see why you're in love with him though. No one has any respect for your opinions either.

Brock
11-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Like I said I'm not that political. Just wanted you to explain why saying it was just a guess that people didn't like Bush because he was voted in by the Supreme Court "was just a guess, and a poor, inaccurate one at that." Asked you to esplain that and you couldn't, that's OK. Hypocritcal bickering? Also perhaps if you could spell "ideologue arguement" you might better understand what it is and when and how to accuse someone of it. Also have no interest in going to DC to deal with that dumbassery. Was just responding to your assertion I was way off base regarding the Bush hatred. You couldn't defend your position other than to just say I was wrong. Wasn't expecting a valid qualification of your statement anyway. Not so much politcal as it was responding to your stupid shit.

Post this over in DC if you want a response. It doesn't belong here.

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Cry? Over you?

Right.

I get all worked up when some ****ing 23 year old loser "insults" me.

Nice try, funnyman.

Dance monkey, dance.

ROFL

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 01:39 PM
I can see why you're in love with him though. No one has any respect for your opinions either.

Yeah, right.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Dance monkey, dance.

ROFL

I'm glad that we have further confirmation that you're a clueless moron with no thoughts or opinions of his own, other than to insult people with thoughts and opinions of their own.

How pathetic.

GoHuge
11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Post this over in DC if you want a response. It doesn't belong here.This. The chicken shit response I expected out of a dumb ass with nothing intelligent to say. Also fuckface your not the board police to say what is suitable where. "Post this somewhere else and I'll respond!" What a bitch-made-punk (an abused vagina smiley would be appropriate here).

Brock
11-16-2009, 01:43 PM
This. The chicken shit response I expected out of a dumb ass with nothing intelligent to say. Also fuckface your not the board police to say what is suitable where. "Post this somewhere else and I'll respond!" What a bitch-made-punk (an abused vagina smiley would be appropriate here).

That's your idea of a substantive argument? I don't think you're anybody to denigrate anyone else's level of intelligence. I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Boy, feel the love in this fucking thread. LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
Christ. This thread got debacled.

GoHuge
11-16-2009, 01:53 PM
That's your idea of a substantive argument? I don't think you're anybody to denigrate anyone else's level of intelligence. I'm actually embarrassed for you.Not questioning your level of intelligence............just waiting for you to display it..............at least a part of it.

Embarrased for me? Better save some for yourself. We're good over here.

And I'm done with this thread. If you want another response post it in the your a ****tard forum.

Peace, Brock :)

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Boy, feel the love in this ****ing thread. LMAO

**** both of you worthless one who sucks the peniss (note the filter plural LMAO).

Most of the average posters pair off, but I'll give you both a fighting chance.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM

Blame Dane

Frazod
11-16-2009, 01:57 PM
**** both of you worthless one who sucks the peniss (note the filter plural LMAO).

Most of the average posters pair off, but I'll give you both a fighting chance.

You shouldn't be so impolite, patteeu will get upset. :)

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
You shouldn't be so impolite, patteeu will get upset. :)

Please go fuck yourself? :shrug:

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 02:05 PM
I'm glad that we have further confirmation that you're a clueless moron with no thoughts or opinions of his own, other than to insult people with thoughts and opinions of their own.

How pathetic.

All you do is parrot Whitlocks opinions? Sound familiar?

I'll keep grinding the organ, you keep dancin'.

Now thats pathetic.

PS: Your g/f hamas has your back again on this, and any matter. You at least owe him another reach around. Chop chop!

Frazod
11-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Please go fuck yourself? :shrug:

That's better. :thumb:

MikeMaslowski
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Geronimo = Whitlock?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 02:10 PM
All you do is parrot Whitlocks opinions? Sound familiar?

Really?

Prove it.

Or just shut the fuck up.

HemiEd
11-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Boy, feel the love in this ****ing thread. LMAO

Kind of makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?

jAZ
11-16-2009, 03:35 PM
You're a racist for making this type of comment about someone who is clearly accutely aware of the racism at play in this country.

Yes, because seeing a parallel between Obama and Pioli/Haley is based on their common race. /WTF?

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, because seeing a parallel between Obama and Pioli/Haley is based on their common race. /WTF?

Lighten up, Francis.

Jenson71
11-16-2009, 04:12 PM
Jason Whitlock is a good guy. He needs to keep the pressure on.

geronimo
11-16-2009, 04:19 PM
Geronimo = Whitlock?

WTF i was criticizing him?! i don't get it but anyway. I sometimes wonder if the venom thrown Whitlock's way is racially motivated. i don't know its difficut to say probably some is and some isn't. but at the end of the day its not that important. my reason for starting the thread was to find out others' thoughts on why his columns have taken the negative direction. don't dream up stupid stuff -- if you can help it.

CaliforniaChief
11-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Here's my problem with Whitlock.

He writes everything through the pre-determined notion he holds that Pioli's has a horrible ego problem and Haley's in over his head. Therefore, the perspective is immediately skewed. When things happen that fit into that perspective, they will be overplayed. When things happen that don't fit into that perspective, they will be ignored.

As a result, most of us have developed our own preconceived notions about Jason's writing that anything negative is Jason's bias (even if the criticism might be merited). By overplaying this ego thing, he's cried wolf too many times for a lot of us to find credible anymore.

I just think it's too bad that we have to run any racial stuff or even the weight stuff, which I know I've been guilty of. For that, I'm sorry.

MOhillbilly
11-16-2009, 04:39 PM
I can see why you're in love with him though. No one has any respect for your opinions either.http://sagamorejournal.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/war_face1.jpg

BULLSHIT!!!!

JohnnyV13
11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
OK professor why don't you fill me in on why with all you wisdom. He lost the popular vote (I voted for Bush) and the country was in turmoil. Finally the Supreme Court voted Bush in (I know facts are pesky things for an ideologue). That caused alot of hatred towards the man. Obama won by 8 million votes and 365 to 173 electoral votes so you explain the venom towards him so soon if race isn't involved. What everyone is pissed he hasn't fixed the disasters from the 8 previous years in 10 months? Even us Americans aren't that inpatient and irrational.

I can't speak for anyone besides myself, but I don't like Obama because of 1) his tacit approval (by signing the bills), of Pelosi's "no read" votes, after he promised to post all pending legislation five days before a vote 2) the enormous spending bills 3) cap and trade (which I despise more than his health care bill). I actually am sympathetic to the goal of reducing emissions. But, cap and trade is clearly just a justification to grab more money by politicians. Why am I so certain? Because, if the main goal was to reduce emissions, he could use the funds raised to reduce income taxes. Instead, he uses the cap and trade revenue to fund more programs 4) some of the arrogant comments he made about Geither and Hillary Clinton. He has to be an egomaniac to clobber people in his own administration, (and, what executive undermines his own key subordinates?).

I didn't like Bush. Some of the economic meltdown was his fault, part of it was due to Clinton, and the Fed, but I blame the bulk of the problem on the financial industry. Obama is worse.

Though I will say, he made an outstanding speech on middle east policy this spring.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 08:31 PM

What am I missing?

Phobia says its absolutely 100% him.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 08:34 PM
Phobia says its absolutely 100% him.

You know, guys like Jack piss the fuck out of me. WE ALL know it's Whitlock, yet this old gasbag "doesn't believe it".

Hey Sherlock, we're not dummies here.

CHENZ A!
11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
Please go **** yourself? :shrug:

LMAO

alanm
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Boy, feel the love in this ****ing thread. LMAOI didn't quite comprehend how a discussion about Whitlock became a shit flinging contest. :eek:

Everyone have a bad day or something?

alanm
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Geronimo = Whitlock?I was wondering if it was Clark Hunt. ;)

Oxford
11-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Yeah, that's it: That's a great comparison. Whitlock to President Obama. I take it you don't like black people. JFC.

You must be a Democrat. Intelligent, witty, caring, tolerant, thoughtful......

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 09:41 PM
You must be a Democrat. Intelligent, witty, caring, tolerant, thoughtful......

Wrong, asshole

:D

Oxford
11-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Wrong, asshole

:D

Your response was very typical for someone who sees the world through the prism of racism. If someone is disliked (especially someone who you identify with), it must be racism.

Obama is a socialist, socialists come in all colors, race has nothing to do with it

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
Your response was very typical for someone who sees the world through the prism of racism. If someone is disliked (especially someone who you identify with), it must be racism.

Obama is a socialist, socialists come in all colors, race has nothing to do with it

JFC.

LMAO

Dude, I was BAITING him. Unfortunately, he didn't take it.

:evil:

But gee, thanks for the analysis, Cockbag.

Oxford
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
JFC.

Dude, I was BAITING him. Unfortunately, he didn't take it.

But gee, thanks for the analysis, Cockbag.

I'll charge it off to the federal stimulus package, lets see......... standard rate....... say $150....... please send your Social Security number so I can fill out the proper forms.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 09:54 PM
I'll charge it off to the federal stimulus package, lets see......... standard rate....... say $150....... please send your Social Security number so I can fill out the proper forms.

Dude, take your political garbage to the DC, okay?

No one gives a shit over here.

Oxford
11-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Dude, take your political garbage to the DC, okay?

No one gives a shit over here.

You said thank you for the analysis, I merely thought you would want to compensate me for my work. I thought you were merely crazy and crying out for help.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 09:59 PM

Shut the fuck up, rape yourself with a hole saw, and take this stupid shit to DC.

CaliforniaChief
11-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Can you imagine how much fun JWhit would have in Cleveland?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Can you imagine how much fun JWhit would have in Cleveland?

He'd probably be a little leaner

Frazod
11-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I didn't quite comprehend how a discussion about Whitlock became a shit flinging contest. :eek:

Everyone have a bad day or something?

The funny part is everybody was getting shitty but me. :D

scott free
11-16-2009, 10:20 PM
The winner in all of this?

One man alone,...in a boundary changing breakthrough! crossing every & all internet forum lines!

You guessed it, Frank Stallone.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:21 PM
The funny part is everybody was getting shitty but me. :D

I tried to take up the slack.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
I tried to take up the slack.

You succeeded.

Did Frankie put out a cigarette in your driveway or something? :D

Fairplay
11-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I wish we could put TAGS on this thread.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:25 PM
You succeeded.

Did Frankie put out a cigarette in your driveway or something? :D

Here's the deal: Frankie asked for internet help. I used the standard way of explaining something as "www.xyxyxz.com" or something similar (lots of xyxx blah, blah, blah). There was no intention of sending him to a porn site, nor was I intending for him to click on the link.

But, beings how Frankie is a fucking retard, he clicked on the link and blamed me for sending him to a porn site (which in fact after I clicked it, it was just a webpage with links).

I apologized but he wouldn't have it. Now, he's incurred my wrath.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:27 PM
I wish we could put TAGS on this thread.

I don't like Tags.

First off, people hide behind their insults. I don't dig that.

Secondly, it's not moderated. Reading that "Dane is a pedophile" is just NOT cool.

I'm good with whatever people sling at me except for something like that which in my opinion should not be tolerated and crosses the line.

THAT'S fucking bullshit.

Frazod
11-16-2009, 10:29 PM
FWIW, I don't think anybody believes you're a pedophile just because a tag says you are. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:30 PM
FWIW, I don't think anybody believes you're a pedophile just because a tag says you are. LMAO

Gee, thanks!

LMAO

wazu
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Whitlock is far and away the best sports analyst in KC during my lifetime. Even when he's dead wrong (16-0), he helps breathe life into the KC sports scene. Gonna miss him when he has a heart attack at age 50.

Jack
11-17-2009, 08:58 AM
Whitlock is far and away the best sports analyst in KC during my lifetime. Even when he's dead wrong (16-0), he helps breathe life into the KC sports scene. Gonna miss him when he has a heart attack at age 50.

I cannot totally disagree with this statement, but "best" is somewhat of a stretch. The forum's plank owners attest to his presence and that is enough for me.

Seems to me some would have challenged him to remark this in some fashion in his column. This may have been done. I have been with the Planet since its inception and don't recall any such challenge.

But it may be unfair to challenge a Planet member on his/her validity in some matter. That would likely set some precedent with less than desirable results. This site would be pretty barren if we all had to be truthful.

And then you have those miserable misanthropes who live to practice brinkmanship. They hijack many threads with very little provocation and just wont let go. Living vicariously on the "net these days is the only life they have.

But that is not the crux of this thread. Jason has done some good work in the past. The past few years, he tends to speculate too much with little substance. His offerings on this forum insult many and seem be cheered on by those I mentioned in the last paragraph. What is gained by this? Pissing off fans is another game of diminishing returns so whitlock reaps what he sows. There is no objectivity and therefore his credibility has reached rock bottom and still shows signs of digging.

Sells newspapers? Meh, haven't had a paper delivered to my door in a decade.

geronimo
11-17-2009, 09:15 AM
I cannot totally disagree with this statement, but "best" is somewhat of a stretch. The forum's plank owners attest to his presence and that is enough for me.

Seems to me some would have challenged him to remark this in some fashion in his column. This may have been done. I have been with the Planet since its inception and don't recall any such challenge.

But it may be unfair to challenge a Planet member on his/her validity in some matter. That would likely set some precedent with less than desirable results. This site would be pretty barren if we all had to be truthful.

And then you have those miserable misanthropes who live to practice brinkmanship. They hijack many threads with very little provocation and just wont let go. Living vicariously on the "net these days is the only life they have.

But that is not the crux of this thread. Jason has done some good work in the past. The past few years, he tends to speculate too much with little substance. His offerings on this forum insult many and seem be cheered on by those I mentioned in the last paragraph. What is gained by this? Pissing off fans is another game of diminishing returns so whitlock reaps what he sows. There is no objectivity and therefore his credibility has reached rock bottom and still shows signs of digging.

Sells newspapers? Meh, haven't had a paper delivered to my door in a decade.

I agree with this assessment which is why I find it so baffling that Jason's columns have become so poor and not showed any signs of improvement. Despite his recent efforts he has done some good work. NOw is a time when we as fans and as a team could benefit from a more substantive approach to team coverage. Leave the "hot dog" innuendo for others. The majority of fans are knowlegable and like myself want a more analytical, objective source of information rather than the "payton place" soap opera antics he now puts forth. The sad thing is there is no one covering the team from this perspective. Teicher and Jo Po are mundane, bland and light on substantive insight. I don't read there columns and get the feeling that I'm learning something about our team that watching the game and looking at the stats wouldn't reveal.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Here's the deal: Frankie asked for internet help. I used the standard way of explaining something as "www.xyxyxz.com" or something similar (lots of xyxx blah, blah, blah). There was no intention of sending him to a porn site, nor was I intending for him to click on the link.

But, beings how Frankie is a ****ing retard, he clicked on the link and blamed me for sending him to a porn site (which in fact after I clicked it, it was just a webpage with links).

I apologized but he wouldn't have it. Now, he's incurred my wrath.

Settle down.

You have attractive, coked out, lesbian neighbors who just happen to be famous people.

I'm not real good at life decisions but if I was gonna' stray and poke something stupid it be your neighbor and not playground-green fruit.

Just saying...

Jack
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I agree with this assessment which is why I find it so baffling that Jason's columns have become so poor and not showed any signs of improvement. Despite his recent efforts he has done some good work. NOw is a time when we as fans and as a team could benefit from a more substantive approach to team coverage. Leave the "hot dog" innuendo for others. The majority of fans are knowlegable and like myself want a more analytical, objective source of information rather than the "payton place" soap opera antics he now puts forth. The sad thing is there is no one covering the team from this perspective. Teicher and Jo Po are mundane, bland and light on substantive insight. I don't read there columns and get the feeling that I'm learning something about our team that watching the game and looking at the stats wouldn't reveal.

JoPo's writing flair reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut, especially "Breakfast of Champions". But you are correct on lack of substantive insight.

Teicher writes? I hadn't noticed ;)

GoHuge
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I think Babb is the best at the Star and I don't think it's even really debateable. Fill me in if there is someone I'm forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
I think Babb is the best at the Star and I don't think it's even really debateable. Fill me in if there is someone I'm forgetting.
Posted via Mobile Device

That isn't saying much

alanm
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Whitlock is far and away the best sports analyst in KC during my lifetime. Even when he's dead wrong (16-0), he helps breathe life into the KC sports scene. Gonna miss him when he has a heart attack at age 50.Who was the dude who covered the Chiefs a few years back who left to go back east and cover sports out there? Young black guy. He was damn good. I think he went to Yahoo sports or the Sporting News or to cover East coast basketball.
And now Poz is gone for the most part. :(

CaliforniaChief
11-17-2009, 05:03 PM
Who was the dude who covered the Chiefs a few years back who left to go back east and cover sports out there? Young black guy. He was damn good. I think he went to Yahoo sports or the Sporting News or to cover East coast basketball.
And now Poz is gone for the most part. :(

Ivan Carter?

Coach
11-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Ivan Carter?

That's the one.

alanm
11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Ivan Carter?Yeah.. He was good. He'd rule the Star now.

KCbroncoHATER
11-17-2009, 05:30 PM
This thread has been a good read.

Props!

Jack
11-18-2009, 08:38 AM
I guess the bottom line with me is that whitlock takes an obomanistic approach in his journalism (or lack of). He generates toothy columns and then comes here to duke it out with fans calling for his hide. He cannot see beyond his own glorified shadow.

He is out of touch with the the franchise so he sit on the perimeter taking potshots and invents situations that do not exist i.e. Haley and Pioli perceived egotism.

Back in ''71 the Chiefs lost to the dolphins in the championship game. It was the longest game in NHL history and signaled the end of a storied franchise in terms of competitiveness. (I'll always feel the Chiefs would have won the SB had they won but it's moot).

Those years would have been a boon for whitlocks style of negativism. Dismal years; bad coaches and a parsimonious owner gave us some very bad teams. The fans reached for scant glimmers of hope only to be bashed on the rocky shores of defeat year after year.

I see parallels here. Just when it seems it can't get worse, then it does. When will it end!?! If the newspaper that allows whitlock unmitigated attacks would opt an alternative it would go further in selling their rag, in my humble opinion.

For ever action, a reaction occurs. Whitlock's ego is certainly fed here. It is time for something else. Just consider that the team only has one direction to go. . .up.