PDA

View Full Version : Royals AL Cy Young

Coach
11-16-2009, 02:40 PM
Tomorrow, the winner of the AL Cy Young will be announced, for those who are wondering.

Reaper16
11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
If its not Zack Greinke running away, we riot.

big nasty kcnut
11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Yeah riot here we come.

BigRedChief
11-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Good Luck. A well deserved honor.

Gonzo
11-16-2009, 02:58 PM
I was wondering actually.
Thanks, Coach.

gblowfish
11-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Just one more reason he'll be a Yankee in two years.

CoMoChief
11-16-2009, 03:20 PM
Just one more reason he'll be a Yankee in two years.

Another Beltran type deal here we come

More Mike Wood's, Mark Teahen's and John Buck's

PLEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :p

alanm
11-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Just for the sake of argument say I'm Zack. I hate the Yankees probably more than I hate the Raiders and Bronco's. And of course I don't know if Greinke hates the Yankee's but for the sake of argument since I'm Zack I do.
If the Yankee's offered me the most money if I opted for free agency would I take it or would I stay with the Royals if they offered me a fair deal? Or would I go to a team say in a warm climate that was somewhat a perennial contender say the Dodgers or the Angels?
Me, I wouldn't even talk to the Yankee's. I'd listen to the Royals and their offer and hope the Royals have rounded in 2 yrs time into a divisional contender or better. I dunno, I'd sure like to go to a contending team and the money would be there as well. The Yankee's would offer a shit load of money but a guy's gotta have some scruples. I could handle playing in California but I don't think I'd enjoy playing for the Yankee's. Waaaaaaay to much pressure and daily scrutiny.

Back to being me, personally I don't think Zack could handle the NY media. He'd probably crawl back into his shell if he had a bad year like in 05. The NY media would eat him alive.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 11:08 PM
Unless I'm a LHP, I'm taking no less than 20% over any other offer to go to that band box in NY.

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Call me crazy, but I'd want to go to any team that gives me a chance to win more games when I post a fucking 2 ERA for the entire season.

Best thing DM has done since arriving in KC has been to lock up Greinke. Soria is nice and all, but Zack is special.

CaliforniaChief
11-16-2009, 11:18 PM
I actually think Greinke might stay in KC for awhile. His personality is perfect for a team that gets less media attention than a Division III Water Polo team.

And if he doesn't win the Cy Young Award tomorrow, I'm gonna be REALLY pissed.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:18 PM
And if he doesn't win the Cy Young Award tomorrow, I'm gonna be REALLY pissed.

Uh oh

Reaper16
11-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Just for the sake of argument say I'm Zack. I hate the Yankees probably more than I hate the Raiders and Bronco's. And of course I don't know if Greinke hates the Yankee's but for the sake of argument since I'm Zack I do.
If the Yankee's offered me the most money if I opted for free agency would I take it or would I stay with the Royals if they offered me a fair deal? Or would I go to a team say in a warm climate that was somewhat a perennial contender say the Dodgers or the Angels?
Me, I wouldn't even talk to the Yankee's. I'd listen to the Royals and their offer and hope the Royals have rounded in 2 yrs time into a divisional contender or better. I dunno, I'd sure like to go to a contending team and the money would be there as well. The Yankee's would offer a shit load of money but a guy's gotta have some scruples. I could handle playing in California but I don't think I'd enjoy playing for the Yankee's. Waaaaaaay to much pressure and daily scrutiny.

Back to being me, personally I don't think Zack could handle the NY media. He'd probably crawl back into his shell if he had a bad year like in 05. The NY media would eat him alive.
Why would that ever happen? Do you even watch baseball?

CaliforniaChief
11-16-2009, 11:19 PM
Uh oh

Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything. :D

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything. :D

LMAO

KChiefs1
11-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Is there a time this is announced?

alanm
11-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Why would that ever happen? Do you even watch baseball?Uhh.. the possibility exists that he could have a bad year next season. :spock:

Reaper16
11-17-2009, 12:02 AM
Uhh.. the possibility exists that he could have a bad year next season. :spock:

Why would you think that, though? Did you see the guy pitch this past season? He's the best pitcher there is. Barring injury there's no way that the best pitcher in all of baseball has that bad of a season.