PDA

View Full Version : Football We never said Bengal fans were smart.

KCrockaholic
11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=56104

They seem to love having LJ...I guess they dont watch football :shake:

Mojo Jojo
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
It's being 7-2 vs. 2-7.

Changes your outlook on the season.

LaChapelle
11-16-2009, 06:42 PM
He's not Larry Johnson anymore
now he is: dos punto siete

BossChief
11-16-2009, 06:44 PM
LJ will do well and everyone here will blow a gasket because of it.

Im just glad he is gone.

notorious
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM
He wears down defenses?! ROFL

The only thing he wears out are his knee pads and the front of his jersey from falling down at the line of scrimmage over and over again.

Good God they are delusional!

KCrockaholic
11-16-2009, 06:45 PM

The only thing he wears out are his knee pads and the front of his jersey from falling down at the line of scrimmage over and over again.

I thought that was comical also.

boogblaster
11-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Our luck the biotch-slapper will get 100 plus yards a game ....

KcMizzou
11-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Bengals fans have always complained that Mike was always a little slow on the trigger...

This is a no brainer.. Make him your third down back...
:eek:

soundmind
11-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Can neither confirm nor deny his potential to play better in a new town with new motivating factors. However, he will eventually return to the form we know and hate, see: Owens, Terrell for further affirmation. It's a smart pick up for the Bengals, but they're fools to keep him after 09.

-King-
11-16-2009, 06:53 PM
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=56104

They seem to love having LJ...I guess they dont watch football :shake:

You could say the same about when they got Cedric Benson. Now look at him.

DaFace
11-16-2009, 06:55 PM
I've said for the past two years he'll be fine if you can give him an OL worth a damn. Be careful how much you laugh in this thread - he could end up looking pretty good again.

MahiMike
11-16-2009, 06:58 PM

More like - he wears down fans.

notorious
11-16-2009, 06:59 PM
More like - he wears down fans.

And coaches' patience.......

Rain Man
11-16-2009, 06:59 PM
I've said for the past two years he'll be fine if you can give him an OL worth a damn. Be careful how much you laugh in this thread - he could end up looking pretty good again.

Yeah. We've seen him dominate behind a great offensive line and we've seen him stink behind a bad offensive line. That gives us an indication of how he'll do behind a pretty good offensive line.

KcMizzou
11-16-2009, 07:00 PM
I've said for the past two years he'll be fine if you can give him an OL worth a damn. Be careful how much you laugh in this thread - he could end up looking pretty good again.I don't doubt that at all. And as long as things are going well, I'm sure he'll be fine. The minute the road gets rough though, look out.

(That, and the idea of using him as a 3rd down back is hilarious.)

notorious
11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Yeah. We've seen him dominate behind a great offensive line and we've seen him stink behind a bad offensive line. That gives us an indication of how he'll do behind a pretty good offensive line.

Just like any other running back would.

He will be a good addition to Cincy. He will run hard to prove everyone wrong, and the change in scenary and attitude will help him, too.

Lonewolf Ed
11-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Our luck the biotch-slapper will get 100 plus yards a game ....

If he only gets one of those 100 yard games, I'd hate for it to be against the Chiefs. I want to see him have a career-worst game against KC.

LiL stumppy
11-16-2009, 07:07 PM
uhh people seem to for get the bengals have a decent o-line. get ready to hear about larry on sports center again!

chiefzilla1501
11-16-2009, 07:09 PM

I'll be curious to see. I thought Charles did a shitload more behind our shitty offensive line than LJ did behind ours. I originally thought it was because LJ is just a different style of runner. The more and more clips I see, the more I realize that LJ has no field vision. I've wondered for a few games if LJ is only good IF you give him an o-line that is so good, they can consistently block plays to create obvious holes consistent with the playcall.

Easy 6
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM
He might actually look like somebody again, on an O like Cincy's.

He gets to go to a re-upstart contender... he wins.

He can kiss my ass.

Chocolate Hog
11-16-2009, 07:13 PM

The pre-season game vs the Rams says it all about LJ, He got tackled from behind by some 2nd string scrub.

milkman
11-16-2009, 07:26 PM
I'll be curious to see. I thought Charles did a shitload more behind our shitty offensive line than LJ did behind ours. I originally thought it was because LJ is just a different style of runner. The more and more clips I see, the more I realize that LJ has no field vision. I've wondered for a few games if LJ is only good IF you give him an o-line that is so good, they can consistently block plays to create obvious holes consistent with the playcall.

Where LJ used to excel is getting into the second level and knocking DBs on their asses.

He has never been that power back that could break tackle and get to that second level on his own.

Most times, with a good O-Line, the RB has to beat that one unblocked guy to get onto that second level.

LJ, behind the best O-Line in the league, didn't have to.

Now that he's in a new environment, the question is, on those occassions that the O-Line creates the opportunity to get to the second level, will he knock DBs on thier asses again, as he once did, or will he continue to be the pussy that he became after signing that big contract?

milkman
11-16-2009, 07:27 PM
uhh people seem to for get the bengals have a decent o-line. get ready to hear about larry on sports center again!

Only a useless dumbass like you would even care.

Johnny Vegas
11-16-2009, 07:42 PM
I don't understand. LJ's is gone yet it seems the Chiefs fans that hate him can't quit talking about him. Move on. Don't worry about others problems other than your own. In this case worry about who's playin for the Chiefs not the Benglas. If anything lets hear it from the Bengal fans now.

LocoChiefsFan
11-16-2009, 08:10 PM
"LJ was the whole KC offense" hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Flopnuts
11-16-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't give a fuck what Larry does. He's not in Kansas City anymore. Hopefully he enjoys the big city life out in Cincinnati.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Where LJ used to excel is getting into the second level and knocking DBs on their asses.

He has never been that power back that could break tackle and get to that second level on his own.

Most times, with a good O-Line, the RB has to beat that one unblocked guy to get onto that second level.

LJ, behind the best O-Line in the league, didn't have to.

Now that he's in a new environment, the question is, on those occassions that the O-Line creates the opportunity to get to the second level, will he knock DBs on thier asses again, as he once did, or will he continue to be the pussy that he became after signing that big contract?

Yea. Charles is a quicker scat back type. Which obviously works better with a weaker o-line.

LJ was always a slow starter out of the blocks. Once he was able to make it past the LOS he was a complete beast.

Tuckdaddy
11-17-2009, 06:50 AM

Im just glad he is gone.

LJ will do well in Cinci. They can run block and that was his only on field problem in KC. The line went to shit and like alot of vets they don't like to be on horrible teams.

JD10367
11-17-2009, 07:07 AM
As a person, he might be a despicable douchebag.

As a former great player on the Chiefs who wore out his welcome, he might be a headache that fans are glad is gone.

But, as a low-risk cheap addition to a playoff-bound team, he was certainly worth taking a flier on. I'm disappointed the Pats didn't go for him. (Maybe he wouldn't fumble like Maroney.) Signing a cheap veteran talented malcontent, as Belichick knows, has little downside and a lot of upside. As a Patriots fan, we said, "Hell, no, we don't want Brian Cox!" Then we said, "Hell, no, we don't want Corey Dillon!" Then we said, "Hell, no, we don't want Randy Moss!" :shrug: Having a guy as a tiny cog in a well-running machine is a lot different than making that guy a large cog in a faltering machine.

Hog Farmer
11-17-2009, 07:18 AM

Yep , I've thought this all along. He'll probably end up in the damn superbowl this year. He's gone from a suckass team of 2-7 to a decent team who's 7-2. I guess the jokes on us.

I wonder what his contract is ?

milkman
11-17-2009, 07:27 AM
Yep , I've thought this all along. He'll probably end up in the damn superbowl this year. He's gone from a suckass team of 2-7 to a decent team who's 7-2. I guess the jokes on us.

I wonder what his contract is ?

Pro rated vet minimum.

memyselfI
11-17-2009, 07:30 AM
You know, they might be getting the last laugh. Think about it, the pressure on LJ is GONE. No pressure to help Peterson's ego save face, no pressure to help save a questionable QB signing, no pressure to be a nice boy on a bad team. He probably won't even be a bad boy on a good team. He will probably end up making the most of his second chance and helping the Bengals because it's not on his shoulders to fix anything and he's completely dispensable if he causes them problems. No pressure, no worries.

The sad irony is if they end up being very good and going to the playoffs and actually succeeding then he's in a position to still be playing late in January while his former Chiefs buddies are sitting on their sofas listening to their spoiled assed wives whine.

jAZ
11-17-2009, 07:34 AM

Im just glad he is gone.

It's sets up just like all the other underperforming malcontent players who relocate their way to miraculous improvement.

Delano
11-17-2009, 07:35 AM
blah blah blah ... spoiled assed wives whine.

Mmmm Kelli Croyle's ass. :drool:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/k_croyleiiii.jpg

milkman
11-17-2009, 07:44 AM
You know, they might be getting the last laugh. Think about it, the pressure on LJ is GONE. No pressure to help Peterson's ego save face, no pressure to help save a questionable QB signing, no pressure to be a nice boy on a bad team. He probably won't even be a bad boy on a good team. He will probably end up making the most of his second chance and helping the Bengals because it's not on his shoulders to fix anything and he's completely dispensable if he causes them problems. No pressure, no worries.

The sad irony is if they end up being very good and going to the playoffs and actually succeeding then he's in a position to still be playing late in January while his former Chiefs buddies are sitting on their sofas listening to their spoiled assed wives whine.

And as I asked someone earlier, who the fuck cares?

He's fucking gone, and that's all that fucking matters.

I don't give a rat's ass if he goes on to win 5 fucking SBs.

He was a useless bastard here.

memyselfI
11-17-2009, 07:51 AM
I'm glad he's gone but to pretend like he's going to fail as a Bengal or that their fans are fools for being glad he's' there is stupid. Chances are quite good he'll do very well there because he doesn't have to prove anything other than he's not quite the loser he's made himself out to be. How hard can that be...

even for him???

milkman
11-17-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm glad he's gone but to pretend like he's going to fail as a Bengal or that their fans are fools for being glad he's' there is stupid. Chances are quite good he'll do very well there because he doesn't have to prove anything other than he's not quite the loser he's made himself out to be. How hard can that be...

even for him???

At the end of the day, all he has to do is prove that he's learned from his mistakes and grown.

He can't prove that he wasn't a loser.

All he has prove is that he is no longer a loser.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 07:57 AM
Mmmm Kelli Croyle's ass. :drool:

http://arrowheadaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/k_croyleiiii.jpg

I would the whole thing...

wild1
11-17-2009, 08:33 AM
I've said before, if you put a line in front of him he might gain yards, but he doesn't gain yards other backs wouldn't gain anymore.