PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jamaal Charles - AFC West player of the week

Noss
11-16-2009, 07:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/6659/afc-west-player-of-the-week-24

AFC West player of the week
November, 16, 2009 Nov 161:00PM ETEmail Share By Bill WilliamsonThe nod this week goes to Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles.

Charles

Nice timing, kid.

In the Chiefs’ first game after Larry Johnson was cut, the second-year tailback showed that he has the burst to replace Johnson as the team’s primary back this season. Charles had 103 yards rushing on 18 carries. It was the best individual rushing output of the season for the Chiefs.

Charles showed his great speed by scoring on a 44-yard touchdown on fourth down in the second quarter. Charles can help the Chiefs because of his game-breaking ability. He showed that Sunday as he was the clear player of the game.

It gives the Chiefs hope that their running game can make a positive impact the rest of the season. It also helps validate the on-field reasons why Johnson was let go. For that, Charles is our AFC West player of the week.

KcMizzou
11-16-2009, 07:19 PM
:clap:

Rain Man
11-16-2009, 07:22 PM

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
No Tomlinson, Phillip Rivers or Brandon Marshall??

Gadzooks
11-16-2009, 07:29 PM
Bronco Billy gave the Chiefs a shout out...:clap:

Claynus
11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
This is the beginning of something special.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 08:54 PM

Who knows? I still think the Chiefs need to draft a pounder/grinder between the tackles type next year.

Charles is not a short yardage type of guy.

Valiant
11-16-2009, 08:55 PM

Now you're just becoming a whore..

Be loyal to your man LJ..

milkman
11-16-2009, 08:56 PM
When do they name AFC West Player of the Year?

milkman
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Be loyal to your Johnson

FYP

Redrum_69
11-16-2009, 09:00 PM

someone should warn Charles that he needs to get a restraining order on Go-Tweet

Claynus
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Who knows? I still think the Chiefs need to draft a pounder/grinder between the tackles type next year.

Charles is not a short yardage type of guy.

Depends what type of offense we're going to run.

Unless we're gonna run the ball 500 times a year we don't need to spend a high pick on a RB.

What we need to do is spend like a 4th on someone like Brandon Jacobs.

RedThat
11-16-2009, 09:06 PM
Great way to start off. Something for him to build on.

KcMizzou
11-16-2009, 09:06 PM

Be loyal to your man LJ..Eh, that just shows he's a fan of the Chiefs over an individual player.

No harm in that. I'll always root for the next guy in red to succeed.

Easy 6
11-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Grab the ***damned reins Jamaal... THIS IS YOUR SHOT, WIN IT!

You're too small, you cant take the beating every week... you fumble that loaf of bread you're carrying around too much... you arent mentally tough enough... are they right?

Could Brian Westbrook get it done? Does Jones-Drew have what it takes? How many 1000 yard seasons did Charlie Garner have? Marshall Faulk had you by maybe 10 pounds, how did he turn out? How ****ing great was Joe Delaney?

Go Do It.

RedThat
11-16-2009, 09:24 PM

You're too small, you cant take the beating every week... you fumble that loaf of bread you're carrying around too much... you arent mentally tough enough... are they right?

Could Brian Westbrook get it done? Does Jones-Drew have what it takes? How many 1000 yard seasons did Charlie Garner have? Marshall Faulk had you by maybe 10 pounds, how did he turn out? How ****ing great was Joe Delaney?

Go Do It.

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!

-King-
11-16-2009, 09:26 PM

Go Do It.

:spock:

KcMizzou
11-16-2009, 09:29 PM

Go Do It.Hell yeah.

luv
11-16-2009, 09:35 PM

Go Do It.

What he said.

Easy 6
11-16-2009, 09:45 PM

Definitely, that or free agency.

But who knows, its possible that Charles could be a feature player...he's been flashing it hard.

'He's got speed ya see, greasy fast speed, speed is what we Need Rock!'.

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-16-2009, 09:49 PM

Go Do It.

Nice :clap:

rtmike
11-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I do wish he could hold on to the ball better. That's about my only complaint.

He's supposed to be the best route runner on the team too.

Any thing's better than running into a lineman's backside & even when a hole opens, trip & fall down. I'm so glad LJ didn't break Priest's record. :clap:

Cosmos
11-16-2009, 10:22 PM
How many quarters of football until Haley benches him?

Poll?

Thig Lyfe
11-16-2009, 11:54 PM
I'm loving the prospect of the Jamaal Charles era finally beginning, but I don't want him to get worn and beat up down the way Priest and LJ were. We definitely need a power runner who gets 10 carries or so a game and who can absorb some hits in short yardage situations. Isn't LenDale White supposed to be a free agent soon?

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 12:07 AM

Please don't man-crush Jamaal, I beg you.

Seriously. I'm not fucking kidding here Claythan.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 12:08 AM

This.

KcMizzou
11-17-2009, 12:08 AM

Seriously. I'm not fucking kidding here Claythan.LMAO

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 12:12 AM
LMAO

Clay is a great fan and a solid contributor to this board; his GIF'd UP! is the best thing going.

But God DAMN he's one broke-dick rabbits foot when it comes to the mojo-bag department.

Claynus
11-17-2009, 12:14 AM

Seriously. I'm not fucking kidding here Claythan.

The man crush root was planted in preseason...and if you read my posts from that time, you'll see it.

I was pimping Charles as early as training camp...I even said he might be the better back for the Chiefs between himself and LJ.

Speed kills...and gives me wood.

Thig Lyfe
11-17-2009, 12:19 AM
The man crush root was planted in preseason...and if you read my posts from that time, you'll see it.

I was pimping Charles as early as training camp...I even said he might be the better back for the Chiefs between himself and LJ.

I'm pretty sure what ROR is saying is that literally every player or coach you've ever fallen in love with has ultimately failed in spectacular fashion.

Don't curse Jamaal too!

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 12:21 AM

Okay, so we've found something!
Work with me on this; it's time for you to find the NEXT player to pimp! That's gonna' be your thing! You're 1 for 1, and in great standing with the Mojo God as well as the board.
Don't crash and burn now man; let Jamaal go on to greatness, and find the next stand-up guy on this roster.

You can do this! I BELIEVE!

BossChief
11-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Clay is a great fan and a solid contributor to this board; his GIF'd UP! is the best thing going.

But God DAMN he's one broke-dick rabbits foot when it comes to the mojo-bag department.

this

Claynus
11-17-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm pretty sure what ROR is saying is that literally every player or coach you've ever fallen in love with has ultimately failed in spectacular fashion.

We're only really talking about two players. And they both played for the CHIEFS. Odds are they weren't going to have 15-year Pro Bowl careers.

If Charles gets 6,000 yards...like LJ...he will have had a successful career.