PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues This Chap gets it.

HonestChieffan
11-17-2009, 09:09 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/emjw2PYEEds&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/emjw2PYEEds&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jenson71
11-17-2009, 09:24 AM
An independent is someone who is too lazy to actually examine the principles that define the two parties?

patteeu
11-17-2009, 09:28 AM
He seems to. He's pretty charismatic, too.

I'd be interested to hear what SHTSPRAYER thinks about him. My liberal friends assure me that he'd hate him because he hates black people. I doubt it.

patteeu
11-17-2009, 09:31 AM
An independent is someone who is too lazy to actually examine the principles that define the two parties?

That was one of the best parts. I think he's right about a lot of independents. Of course, there are other independents whose principles don't fit well with either party (like Taco John, for example), but most of them are wishy washy and principle free.

stevieray
11-17-2009, 09:35 AM
Well said.

Jenson71
11-17-2009, 09:36 AM
That was one of the best parts. I think he's right about a lot of independents. Of course, there are other independents whose principles don't fit well with either party (like Taco John, for example), but most of them are wishy washy and principle free.

That's ridiculous. Being an independent doesn't mean that you are principle free as you say nor does it mean that you are two lazy to understand the principles of the two parties as he says.

HonestChieffan
11-17-2009, 09:47 AM
That's ridiculous. Being an independent doesn't mean that you are principle free as you say nor does it mean that you are two lazy to understand the principles of the two parties as he says.

Then what does it say, from a principals POV?

Jenson71
11-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Then what does it say, from a principals POV?

Oh I dunno, it could say something like, "Both parties are trash and don't represent my main concerns." Or it could say something like "I like some elements of one party and some elements of the other, so I prefer to just see who the candidates are and vote for who I think is the best."

patteeu
11-17-2009, 09:57 AM

I think I fairly covered the spectrum of independents. There are definitely plenty of principle-free independents. I don't know how even a child of your limited experience can fail to see that. :Poke:

fan4ever
11-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Most of my friends who pay little or no attention to politics are independent; gives them the warm fuzzies. Not saying all independents are that way but I wouldn't be surprised if it represented a large portion.

donkhater
11-17-2009, 10:18 AM
I would classify myself as an independent. I certainly have conservative leanings, but I just don't feel the current Republican party represents my values at all. I really don't want to give them an automatic vote; they have to earn my vote.

I didn't vote for McCain or Obama in the last election. I know some people think that that essentially meant I voted for Obama, but to me, there wasn't much difference in the two, only their rhetoric.

HonestChieffan
11-17-2009, 10:19 AM
Oh I dunno, it could say something like, "Both parties are trash and don't represent my main concerns." Or it could say something like "I like some elements of one party and some elements of the other, so I prefer to just see who the candidates are and vote for who I think is the best."

Sorry, it was a serious question.

Saggysack
11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
He doesn't know what he is talking about. I have never said I am a Democrat because of something a Republican has done.

banyon
11-17-2009, 04:55 PM
He seems to. He's pretty charismatic, too.

I'd be interested to hear what SHTSPRAYER thinks about him. My liberal friends assure me that he'd hate him because he hates black people. I doubt it.

Likely it would be something along the lines of "since he agrees with me, he seems smart (for a black person)".

KCTitus
11-17-2009, 05:42 PM

Yeah, I didnt think that fit...nor does the 'I consider both sides of every issue'. Everyone considers both sides.

I'd say an independent is most likely someone who waits until an issue gets a prevailing tailwind and then jumps on board and are easily tricked by soundbites and mantra's, like 'hope and change'.

Captain Obvious
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I didnt think that fit...nor does the 'I consider both sides of every issue'. Everyone considers both sides.

I'd say an independent is most likely someone who waits until an issue gets a prevailing tailwind and then jumps on board and are easily tricked by soundbites and mantra's, like 'hope and change'.

So Democrats and Republicans can 'most likely' be labeled as people who don't want to think about an issue so they just vote for the party they belong to?

KCTitus
11-17-2009, 06:57 PM
So Democrats and Republicans can 'most likely' be labeled as people who don't want to think about an issue so they just vote for the party they belong to?

Need to work on the 'obvious', Obvious...I think 'Everyone' includes Democrats and Republican party shills.

Taco John
11-18-2009, 01:27 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/emjw2PYEEds&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/emjw2PYEEds&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thanks for posting that. That was awesome.