PDA

View Full Version : KU Trouble for Mangino?

Pages : [1] 2 3

TrebMaxx
11-17-2009, 10:23 AM
From the KC Star

Posted on Tue, Nov. 17, 2009
KU's Perkins meets with football players to discuss concerns about Mangino
By J. BRADY McCOLLOUGH
The Kansas City Star

LAWRENCE | Current Kansas football players met with KU athletic director Lew Perkins on Monday night to discuss concerns about KU coach Mark Mangino stemming from a recent incident involving Mangino and a player, a source told The Star.

The source said players at the meeting, at which Mangino was not present, were invited to bring forward information in front of a formal panel. The source said there is an organized group of former players’ parents ready to air their concerns about Mangino as well.

Mangino’s Jayhawks are in the midst of a disastrous stretch on the field, having lost five straight games after starting the season 5-0. KU must win against Texas or Missouri to secure a bowl berth. Kansas was predicted by many to win its first outright Big 12 North title this year.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/breaking_news/story/1575397.html

shitgoose
11-17-2009, 10:25 AM
He must have threatened to eat a player

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM
What else could go wrong with the football team this year?

KCFalcon59
11-17-2009, 10:26 AM

Or he already did.

thebrad84
11-17-2009, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=TrebMaxx;6269621]From the KC Star

Posted on Tue, Nov. 17, 2009
KU's Perkins meets with football players to discuss concerns about Mangino
By J. BRADY McCOLLOUGH
The Kansas City Star

LAWRENCE | Current Kansas football players met with KU athletic director Lew Perkins on Monday night to discuss concerns about KU coach Mark Mangino stemming from a recent incident involving Mangino and a player, a source told The Star.

The source said players at the meeting, at which Mangino was not present, were invited to bring forward information in front of a formal panel. The source said there is an organized group of former players’ parents ready to air their concerns about Mangino as well.

Mangino’s Jayhawks are in the midst of a disastrous stretch on the field, having lost five straight games after starting the season 5-0. KU must win against Texas or Missouri to secure a bowl berth. Kansas was predicted by many to win its first outright Big 12 North title this year.

WTF? Former parents? Really? Is this Tiny Mites football or something?

alpha_omega
11-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Whatever the issue is....I wonder if it just occurred or is just now coming to light since the losing streak??

This should be interesting to follow.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Good thing no one cares anymore.

Demonpenz
11-17-2009, 10:34 AM
probably reesings parents complaining if coach would have left him in they would have won state, then old Mierer to make some dang quesidillos/

LaChapelle
11-17-2009, 10:38 AM
They're playing rather flat
It shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the problem

track
11-17-2009, 10:39 AM
The talk has been all over the KU message boards..but with few details...mostly rumors.

GloryDayz
11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Perhaps they're talking about him trying to get in and out of a car after getting kicked out of yet another buffet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwuiyO7hOU

kstater
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Is this a credible reason Arrowheadhawk?

Frazod
11-17-2009, 10:48 AM
We'll end his pain on the 28th.

blaise
11-17-2009, 10:50 AM
Maybe they're not happy with the way the Todd Reesing For Heisman campaign has been going.

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 10:50 AM

ROFL

sedated
11-17-2009, 10:53 AM
not looking good for Mangina. there's little reason for the AD to come out with this info if something drastic wasn't a being considered.

kstater
11-17-2009, 10:55 AM
Doesn't Lew remember the year of dominance?

Nixhex
Maybe he didn't gladly pay for his hamburgers on Tuesday.

Bacon Cheeseburger
He wouldn't leggo of someone's Eggo.

track
11-17-2009, 10:57 AM
not looking good for Mangina. there's little reason for the AD to come out with this info if something drastic wasn't a being considered.

Lew is a smart guy.....I have complete confidence in him to do what's best for the program....if that means Mangino goes...so be it.

allen_kcCard
11-17-2009, 10:58 AM

No no no no no.....he said NEXT Tuesday. All a big misunderstanding.

gblowfish
11-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh, SNAP!!!

Demonpenz
11-17-2009, 11:05 AM
blue

GloryDayz
11-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh, SNAP!!!

That picture is awesome, but I think those would fit him like a thong... How's that for a visual!!!

BigChiefFan
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM
People forget what Kansas football was before Mangino got there.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:07 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.....that's so funny cause its true. :rolleyes:

Frazod
11-17-2009, 11:08 AM

Sort of like..... now?

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
They're confused about where exactly history is a-waiting.

Nixhex
11-17-2009, 11:09 AM
No no no no no.....he said NEXT Tuesday. All a big misunderstanding.

Exactly. ROFL

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:11 AM

Heh, I don't. I am kind of on the fence right now about Mangino. The facilities and support has improved by leaps and bounds. But I'm left wondering if Mangino has taken the program as far as he can. Would it be wise to bring in someone better? Of course, that would be a gamble. Things could get worse. I'll defer to Lew on this one. I think that guy definitely knows what he's doing.

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:11 AM

1-5 in conference play?

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Sort of like..... now?

No. At least they are competitive in most games still. Under Terry Allen, they were not competitive in many games.

Gonzo
11-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Fat

BigChiefFan
11-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Sort of like..... now?

Hah, that powerhouse football program of yesteryear.

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Fat
<embed src= "http://www.odeo.com/flash/audio_player_standard_black.swf" quality="high" width="300" height="52" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars= "valid_sample_rate=true&external_url=http://jungledrops.com/drops/Gundy%20-%20Fat.mp3" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"> </embed>

Deberg_1990
Well if he gets canned it should free him up for his next gig:

Contestant on NBC's "The Biggest Loser"

Lzen
1-5 in conference play?

He was in a tough spot with his starting QB. Reesing single handedly gave away the KSU game as well as some others. But what do you do in that situation? This is a player who has won a lot of games for KU with some amazing play. What would have happened if he benched Reesing? Would it have been better? Would it have been worse? Who knows?

I think the whole 'History Awaits' ad campaign as well as Mangino commenting after the ISU game about Reesing and Heisman might have had a lot to do with the confidence of this team. I didn't agree with either one at the time and still think those were mistakes.

Also, if Mangino is still here next year, I'll bet he is forced to find a better defensive coordinator.

blaise
11-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Well if he gets canned it should free him up for his next gig:

Contestant on NBC's "The Biggest Loser"

He's so fat he could enter the couple's edition by himself.

sedated
11-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Heh, I don't. I am kind of on the fence right now about Mangino. The facilities and support has improved by leaps and bounds. But I'm left wondering if Mangino has taken the program as far as he can. Would it be wise to bring in someone better? Of course, that would be a gamble. Things could get worse. I'll defer to Lew on this one. I think that guy definitely knows what he's doing.

The only reason I would be comfortable letting Mancow go is because of sweet Lew. He's the reason the facilites have improved so much. I'm fairly confident he can bring in a good coach, especially since he has done it before at UConn.

On the other hand, rumor has it Lew was about to shit-can the guy before the historic 2007 season, so I can see the benefit of waiting too.

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:18 AM
He was in a tough spot with his starting QB. Reesing single handedly gave away the KSU game as well as some others. But what do you do in that situation? This is a player who has won a lot of games for KU with some amazing play. What would have happened if he benched Reesing? Would it have been better? Would it have been worse? Who knows?

I think the whole 'History Awaits' ad campaign as well as Mangino commenting after the ISU game about Reesing and Heisman might have had a lot to do with the confidence of this team. I didn't agree with either one at the time and still think those were mistakes.

Also, if Mangino is still here next year, I'll bet he is forced to find a better defensive coordinator.

He can't complain about it's condition in the middle of the season. He "built" the team. He's only got himself to blame.

Lzen
The only reason I would be comfortable letting Mancow go is because of sweet Lew. He's the reason the facilites have improved so much. I'm fairly confident he can bring in a good coach, especially since he has done it before at UConn.

On the other hand, rumor has it Lew was about to shit-can the guy before the historic 2007 season, so I can see the benefit of waiting too.

Agreed. That is why I'm still on the fence. Plus you have to figure into the equation how firing the HC would affect recruits. The recruiting has steadily improved since he first came to KU.

memyselfI
Maybe he's a passive/aggressive verbally abusive jackass like some other coach with the word Kansas in the team's name.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
He can't complain about it's condition in the middle of the season. He "built" the team. He's only got himself to blame.

Who said anything about him complaining? I was just making observations.

the Talking Can
11-17-2009, 11:20 AM
rumor he'll be gone by the end of the week

Jerm
11-17-2009, 11:20 AM
It'd be interesting to see who KU went after if they did fire Mangino.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
rumor he'll be gone by the end of the week

Where did you get this rumor?

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Maybe he's a passive/aggressive verbally abusive jackass like some other coach with the word Kansas in the team's name.

ArKansas?

I'd love for you to try to prove that about Coach Snyder.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:22 AM
Geez guys, stop with the fat jokes. You're lame stuff makes Carlos Mencia look like a comedic genius in comparison. Yeah, we got it. Mangino is fat.

sedated

Bowen has done a decent job since Colorado. KU's D was doing good against Texas Tech before the O started turning the ball over. We stayed in the OU game until late. We only gave up 17 to K-State.

I don't think the blame for any of those losses gets handed to the defense, but that's mostly considering the expectations of the offense.

Lzen
ArKansas?

I'd love for you to try to prove that about Coach Snyder.

Saul, don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm betting that she was referring to Todd Haley. ;)

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Who said anything about him complaining? I was just making observations.

Making excuses for him, it sounded like.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 11:23 AM
He's gone. Side with the AD on this, he is serious about football. I imagine he desperately wants to hire his own guy.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Saul, don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm betting that she was referring to Todd Haley. ;)

Good catch. :) I don't think Mangino is passive at all though.

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
He's gone. Side with the AD on this, he is serious about football. I imagine he desperately wants to hire his own guy.

After the team seemingly took a big step, to have them regress two years in a row with little hope beyond this season, discipline problems with the players and now whatever this latest incident - I think you have to fire him too.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:25 AM
Bowen has done a decent job since Colorado. KU's D was doing good against Texas Tech before the O started turning the ball over. We stayed in the OU game until late. We only gave up 17 to K-State.

I don't think the blame for any of those losses gets handed to the defense, but that's mostly considering the expectations of the offense.

I agree that it has improved. But when they needed a stop against KSU and Neb., they couldn't get one.

Also, why does it require the HC stepping in 2 years in a row now and mixing up the personnel on defense in order for it to start playing better? Should that not be the DC's job? I guess I'm just not sold on Bowen. Of course, it could be more of a lack of talent on that side of the ball. But I have noticed certain players (Ongyebule) that seem to continue to make the same mistakes. Coaching should eliminate those mistakes. But it hasn't seemed to do that like we should expect.

gblowfish
11-17-2009, 11:26 AM
It'd be interesting to see who KU went after if they did fire Mangino.
Posted via Mobile Device

My guess is, Jabba the Hut.

the Talking Can
11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Where did you get this rumor?

scout

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:27 AM
After the team seemingly took a big step, to have them regress two years in a row with little hope beyond this season, discipline problems with the players and now whatever this latest incident - I think you have to fire him too.

Those are good points. I don't really think I would have a problem with firing him after the debacle that has been this season. I just hope the program doesn't take a step back because of it.

the Talking Can
11-17-2009, 11:31 AM
http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/nov/17/live-updates-manginos-weekly-press-conference/

mangino speaks

Mark Mangino in his weekly press conference, which was a brief 11 minutes, faced more than a dozen questions relating to news that broke this morning on KUsports.com that Athletic Director Lew Perkins held a meeting with members of the football team.

He opened up by saying he wouldn't comment on the matter, but ended up providing more information as questions persisted.

Advertisement

"I haven't lost the team one bit. I may have lost some people around here, but it's not players," Mangino said. "Take that for what it's worth, you decipher it."

Mangino confirmed he had a 10-15 minute meeting with Perkins after the athletic director met with players. He was not at the meeting with Perkins and the players.

"If you want to know what was said, I'm not disclosing it. He's the one who's disclosing information about it, I'm not," Mangino said.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally published November 17, 2009 (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/nov/17/) at 11:57a.m., updated November 17, 2009 at 12:26p.m.
Mangino: I may have lost some people around here, but it’s not players.

By Jonathan Kealing (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/jonathan_kealing/)

<small>Advertisement</small>
<iframe class=" prjinefaduqsxscgbvey prjinefaduqsxscgbvey" id="aa3755f8" name="aa3755f8" src="http://ads2.ljworld.com/www/delivery/afr.php?n=aa3755f8&zoneid=197&cb=4" framespacing="0" scrolling="no" width="300" frameborder="no" height="250">&lt;a href='http://ads2.ljworld.com/www/delivery/ck.php?n=a3a0703b&amp;amp;cb=4' target='_blank'&gt;&lt;img src='http://ads2.ljworld.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=197&amp;amp;cb=4&amp;amp;n=a3a0703b' border='0' alt='' /&gt;&lt;/a&gt;</iframe>

Mark Mangino in his weekly press conference, which was a brief 11 minutes, faced more than a dozen questions relating to news that broke this morning on KUsports.com that Athletic Director Lew Perkins held a meeting with members of the football team. (http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/nov/17/ku-ad-perkins-meets-football-players-over-concerns/?football)
He opened up by saying he wouldn't comment on the matter, but ended up providing more information as questions persisted.
"I haven't lost the team one bit. I may have lost some people around here, but it's not players," Mangino said. "Take that for what it's worth, you decipher it."
Mangino confirmed he had a 10-15 minute meeting with Perkins after the athletic director met with players. He was not at the meeting with Perkins and the players.
"If you want to know what was said, I'm not disclosing it. He's the one who's disclosing information about it, I'm not," Mangino said.
When asked whether this would be a distraction with a game against No. 3 Texas coming up this weekend, Mangino said it wouldn't. But Mangino added that he was taking this matter very seriously.
"We're really focused on Texas. You lose a few games and those things surface," he said. "We're thinking let's do everything in our power as coaches and players to get a win."
More information including reaction and comments from players later today.

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Those are good points. I don't really think I would have a problem with firing him after the debacle that has been this season. I just hope the program doesn't take a step back because of it.

I guess it depends on if the players have stopped listening to his message or if he's lost their respect. Yanking the senior QB everyone seemed to believe in, terrible record in the conference, now getting in a shouting match with someone. The AD having to come in and settle down players. Seems like he's lost the team.

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:33 AM

Wow, he's as good as fired already.

HemiEd
11-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Sort of like Missouri?

fixed it for you.

DaWolf
11-17-2009, 11:36 AM

ROFL

I clicked on this thread thinking that someone is going to accuse him of eating a player, yet when I read it, I still ended up ROFL

Only Mangino...

Bacon Cheeseburger
11-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Mmmm...did someone say Perkins? I'll have an everything omelette and a Heartland omelette and a ham & cheese omelette and a Granny's country omelette and the potato pancakes and the Belgian waffle and the country fried steak and eggs and the biscuits and gravy and a cheesy bacon scrambler...

beer bacon
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Mangino's statement

“I got a dislocated finger ..from throwing a punch ..so don’t let the news paper gas yall up aite,” Mangino wrote.

Minutes earlier, around midnight, he wrote: “real (racial slur)s do real things .. point plankn.”

His earlier posts indicate there may have been escalating tension.

“keep my name out ya’ mouth for you get smacked in it,” he wrote at 11:12 a.m. Tuesday, and 30 minutes later he posted, “never get outta character .. I’m always a G about it.”

About 4 p.m., Mangino posted, “(racial slur)s be muggin me ..you know I’m mugging back.”

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM

:LOL:ROFL

Whatever the case, MY day day just got sunnier.:evil::evil::evil:

wild1
11-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Mangino's statement

ROFL

Lzen
11-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I guess it depends on if the players have stopped listening to his message or if he's lost their respect. Yanking the senior QB everyone seemed to believe in, terrible record in the conference, now getting in a shouting match with someone. The AD having to come in and settle down players. Seems like he's lost the team.

You forgot to mention the fight with the the hoops team. :shake: What a disappointing season.

ChiefsNWildcats
11-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Here is the problem with Mangino...fat people are supposed to be jolly.

How can one be angry when you get 2.5 mil per and get people to wipe your ass for you?

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Please fire Mangino, Your football team will suck again.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
A close family member released this statement:

http://www.b3tards.com/upload/hamburglar_rofl.jpg

Frazod
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM
fixed it for you.

That wasn't very nice. :D

kepp
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Good catch. :) I don't think Mangino is passive at all though.

I think she meant "massive".

HemiEd
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
That wasn't very nice. :D

response in kind. :D

Coach
11-17-2009, 01:12 PM
No worries. KC_Connection will be here shortly to announce that this is a misunderstanding.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
No worries. KC_Connection will be here shortly to announce that this is a misunderstanding.

He's just got to get that gallon of douche water down his gullet for extra doucheocity-fortification before gracing us with his presence.

It's a tough day, after all.

ChiefMojo
11-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I think what KU is figuring is these issues with Mangino is the reason the season tanked and very likely will hinder them from success in the future with him in charge. I think most know Mangino is a good coach, but if he personally are doing things to make things tank they need to go in another direction.

KU can't afford to stay pat and watch the program go back into the dumper. If Mangino is let go this isn't your classic win and loses firing. Sure the loses are a part of it, but it is more so they lost because of these internal issues.

KU could just promote from within with either Warrnier or Bowen. One name I've been hearing a lot is Larry Fedora. The HC at Southern Mississippi.

DMAC
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
It might have something to do with this behavior...

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/1119/ncf_u_mangino_reesing_300.jpg

Frazod
11-17-2009, 01:17 PM
I think what KU is figuring is these issues with Mangino is the reason the season tanked and very likely will hinder them from success in the future with him in charge. I think most know Mangino is a good coach, but if he personally are doing things to make things tank they need to go in another direction.

KU can't afford to stay pat and watch the program go back into the dumper. If Mangino is let go this isn't your classic win and loses firing. Sure the loses are a part of it, but it is more so they lost because of these internal issues.

KU could just promote from within with either Warrnier or Bowen. One name I've been hearing a lot is Larry Fedora. The HC at Southern Mississippi.

You want Pinkel? :titus:

Marlboro Cigs
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
Where is that cockroach Lzen now? No where to be found to defend his basement team in the Big XII North.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 01:19 PM
You want Pinkel? :titus:

ROFL

kstater
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Where is that cockroach Lzen now? No where to be found to defend his basement team in the Big XII North.

Dumbass

Marlboro Cigs
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Dumbass

Hey, I rooted for Kansas State against KU.

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 01:24 PM

Welcome back. Glad to see you can still create new user names.

Marlboro Cigs
11-17-2009, 01:26 PM
At the Border War, I am going to have a bucket full of urine filled water balloons in my tailgate spot. I will be giving out free six packs to any Tigers fan who chucks one at a Jayhawks fan and hits them.

I will be giving out Benjamins to any Missouri fan who knocks over a porta poddy while a Jayhawk fan is inside. If you knock it down correctly, the door will be facing down and the KU fan won't be able to get out while being covered in piss, shit and vomit ROFL

Frazod
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Ten posts. DaFace is quick on the draw. :D

RockChalk
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Purely speculating here, but I would guess that the Mangino Era is over.

A couple of my friends (who have strong ties to the program) have told me it's all but a done deal. They told me some players requested that Bowen coach them against Missouri next week. And now KK is reporting the same on 810

wild1
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Actually, that guy does not seem so bad. :evil:

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 01:40 PM

That's what his wife says.

Mr. Plow

A couple of my friends (who have strong ties to the program) have told me it's all but a done deal. They told me some players requested that Bowen coach them against Missouri next week. And now KK is reporting the same on 810

THE DEAL IS DONE!!1!1!111!!1

Coach

By chance your friends know what exactly occured?

Frazod
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
That's what his wife says.

Now we'll see how quickly he changes your name to Mr. Douchebag. :D

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 01:42 PM
Now we'll see how quickly he changes your name to Mr. Douchebag. :D

ROFL

RockChalk
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM
By chance your friends know what exactly occured?

Arist Wright filed a formal complaint that he was choked and verbally abused by Mangino. A few of the other players have stated the same.

Sources have told me that he's been told to resign by Thursday or he will be publically fired.

HemiEd
11-17-2009, 01:45 PM

He does appear to be a Mizzou fan. :D

Frazod
11-17-2009, 01:47 PM
Arist Wright filed a formal complaint that he was choked and verbally abused by Mangino. A few of the other players have stated the same.

Sources have told me that he's been told to resign by Thursday or he will be publically fired.

WOW :eek:

Coach
11-17-2009, 01:48 PM

Damn, that's some heavy stuff there.

Raised On Riots
WOW :eek:

ROFL Right before the Border War. Could life GET any better?

Silock
How do you let yourself get choked by Mangino? Can't you just go up a couple of stairs? He won't be able to follow.

Silock
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM

You're languishing in the basement of the Big 12 North with us, and you're wondering if life could be better? I don't get it.

Frazod
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM

Yeah, it would be nice if we didn't suck only slightly less than they do. :cuss:

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 01:51 PM
You're languishing in the basement of the Big 12 North with us, and you're wondering if life could be better? I don't get it.

Because we KNEW we were in for suckage this year.

Jerm
So we have a Bobby Knight situation on our hands...

I'm waiting for the grainy video footage...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Plow

Yowza. Hopefully not true.

RockChalk
11-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Damn, that's some heavy stuff there.

Take these with a grain of of salt people. You know how this stuff goes. It could all very well turn into a Ferris Bueller, 31 Flavors kind of deal

Of course, yet another reason to take these with a grain of salt is that KK is already moving on to the next head coach on KU

Mr. Plow
How do you let yourself get choked by Mangino? Can't you just go up a couple of stairs? He won't be able to follow.

Throw a hamburger on the floor - while he's distracted trying to bend over to get it, walk away slowly.

GloryDayz

His arms must be longer than they look! I'm surprised he can reach out and touch anything... ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Coach
11-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Take these with a grain of of salt people. You know how this stuff goes. It could all very well turn into a Ferris Bueller, 31 Flavors kind of deal

Of course, yet another reason to take these with a grain of salt is that KK is already moving on to the next head coach on KU

Sure, perfectly understandable. We'll see how this plays out, but if your friends are reliable for you, I'd say that has some weight to it.

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 01:53 PM
His arms must be longer than they look! I'm surprised he can reach out and touch anything... ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

*Insert penis joke here*

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Sure, perfectly understandable. We'll see how this plays out, but if your friends are reliable for you, I'd say that has some weight to it.

*insert Mangino fat joke here*

hawkchief
11-17-2009, 01:54 PM
At the Border War, I am going to have a bucket full of urine filled water balloons in my tailgate spot. I will be giving out free six packs to any Tigers fan who chucks one at a Jayhawks fan and hits them.

I will be giving out Benjamins to any Missouri fan who knocks over a porta poddy while a Jayhawk fan is inside. If you knock it down correctly, the door will be facing down and the KU fan won't be able to get out while being covered in piss, shit and vomit ROFL

^^^Vintage Mizzou fan, right down to the screen name.

memyselfI
11-17-2009, 01:55 PM
Sounds like this shit has been going on for awhile. How pathetic of KU to take these concerns seriously only when they are losing and it's all falling apart.

Mr. Plow
11-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like this shit has been going on for awhile. How pathetic of KU to take these concerns seriously only when they are losing and it's all falling apart.

Just came to light?

GloryDayz
11-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Perhaps he simply misremembered that players aren't food, and you can't eat them as a snack. Chefs

RockChalk
11-17-2009, 02:03 PM

They've been pretty reliable in the past.

I'm not even sure how to feel about this. I mean, obviously, if he choked a player then I don't think LP has much choice but to fire him. Or have him step down. I haven't wavered a bit in thinking that based on coaching alone, he deserves at least one more year to see what he can do. KU fans have been calling for his job the past couple of weeks because of the losing streak, but I think most of those fans have only been around for a few years. I've got to believe they weren't sitting in the stands in the late 90's and first half of this decade when we would get blown out every game.

I think any fan of college football can see that he has made this program better and won some pretty big games at KU. However, he doesn't have a very good track record in the Big 12 and I think we've underachieved a little bit this year. But man, KU used to be flat out uncompetitive in Big 12 games 10 years ago and now we actually compete for the most part.

Just mixed on my feelings for him as a coach. However, if he has done half the things he's being accused of here, he's got to go.

Pants
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Fucking insane. Wow.

:(

RockChalk
11-17-2009, 02:06 PM

I doubt that's the case. My guess (and it's what I've been told by some people around the program) is that these accusations have just started surfacing this season. I think players are willing to overlook some things while they're winning. But losing has a way of breaking people down and it looks like they're (the players) are just sick of his attitude. I just hope that they aren't making things up about him solely because they don't like him being an asshole of a coach.

Coach
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM
They've been pretty reliable in the past.

I'm not even sure how to feel about this. I mean, obviously, if he choked a player then I don't think LP has much choice but to fire him. Or have him step down. I haven't wavered a bit in thinking that based on coaching alone, he deserves at least one more year to see what he can do. KU fans have been calling for his job the past couple of weeks because of the losing streak, but I think most of those fans have only been around for a few years. I've got to believe they weren't sitting in the stands in the late 90's and first half of this decade when we would get blown out every game.

I think any fan of college football can see that he has made this program better and won some pretty big games at KU. However, he doesn't have a very good track record in the Big 12 and I think we've overachieved a little bit this year. But man, KU used to be flat out uncompetitive in Big 12 games 10 years ago and now we actually compete for the most part.

Just mixed on my feelings for him as a coach. However, if he has done half the things he's being accused of here, he's got to go.

If the incident is true, then I would think Perkins will have no choice but to dismiss him, which is being said from your sources. However, this probably will impact the recruiting trail, now that the recruits may hear about this incident, and may think twice now. He has made the KU football team better, no question, but his career in the Big XII conference is just awful. 23–39 in the Big XII isn't exactly great by any standards.

He did have a nice season in 07-08 that won them the Orange Bowl, but the problem is that he haven't shown any consistency in terms of W-L's. It will be interesting who will be replacing him and the interm coach at the end of the season, if that were to happen.

Spicy McHaggis
11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Perkins is going to get "his" guy in, which to be honest, I feel he's wanted all along. Hopefully he makes a good choice.

wild1
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Dear Mangino: History awaits

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 02:26 PM
I doubt that's the case. My guess (and it's what I've been told by some people around the program) is that these accusations have just started surfacing this season. I think players are willing to overlook some things while they're winning. But losing has a way of breaking people down and it looks like they're (the players) are just sick of his attitude. I just hope that they aren't making things up about him solely because they don't like him being an asshole of a coach.

if it's true that 5 former and current players have filed complaints, then it has to go back to at least last season

Lzen
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM

WTF? Where did this douche nozzle come from? He apparently can't read, either. And FTR, I had a webinar to attend this afternoon. Some of actually work for a living. :)

Lzen
11-17-2009, 02:39 PM

:eek: Holy shit! If that is true, he needs to be fired.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
LOL - caller on 810 saying it's because people are prejudiced against fat people.

kstater
11-17-2009, 02:49 PM
23–39

If you take away the one good year, he's 16-38 in the Big 12 over not quite 7 years which is absurdly bad.

tooge
11-17-2009, 02:50 PM
this is no trouble for Mangino. Trouble for Mangino is Hardees running out of thickburgers

POND_OF_RED
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Of course the guy's going to have anger issues. They gave a 400 pound man all of that cupcake mix in the non-conference but leave him without a bowl. Head's will roll.

Frazod
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
LOL - caller on 810 saying it's because people are prejudiced against fat people.

That's one thing about Mangino that I like. Compared to him, I'm svelte. :)

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
810 reporting via Grunhard's twitter that Mangino to be fired on Thurs. Grun was reporting this news was coming from sources he has close to KU.

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Hopefully, we get a stud coach... sounds like his days are done.

gblowfish
11-17-2009, 03:04 PM

He's not fat.
He's big boned!!!

memyselfI
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
My sis in law saw him at a restaurant one time and said he looks bigger in PERSON. TV usually makes people look larger but with him it somehow works the other way.

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM

810 also reporting apparently the players really like and wanted Clint Bowen to be the coach. I'm not so sure I like that idea. Matter of fact I'd say it downright terrifies me. I'm not saying I know for a fact he would be a train wreck of a coach or anything, but I got a feeling let's say.

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 03:12 PM
My sis in law saw him at a restaurant one time and said he looks bigger in PERSON. TV usually makes people look larger but with him it somehow works the other way.

ROFL

kstater
11-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Oh, and:

ROFL

Lzen
11-17-2009, 03:19 PM
810 reporting via Grunhard's twitter that Mangino to be fired on Thurs. Grun was reporting this news was coming from sources he has close to KU.

Why Thursday? I mean if they're gonna do it, why not today?

Coach
11-17-2009, 03:21 PM
Why Thursday? I mean if they're gonna do it, why not today?

One would assume that he would need to clear out his office, submit his resignation papers and tie up whatever loose ends he has to tie up.

Brock
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
That's too bad. The guy worked hard on KU football. He took on a tough job and did it well, IMO.

Tactical Funky
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Well, what a wonderful day it's been for a KU/KC football fan...

FML.

Spott
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM
One would assume that he would need to clear out his office, submit his resignation papers and tie up whatever loose ends he has to tie up.

It will take him a couple of days to dig all those twinkie wrappers and chicken bones out of his office.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
One would assume that he would need to clear out his office, submit his resignation papers, rent the Ryder Truck to haul his office fridge off campus, and tie up whatever loose ends he has to tie up.

:D

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:34 PM
It will take him a couple of days to dig all those twinkie wrappers and chicken bones out of his office.

Wow, amazingly witty and creative post!

Your MU edumacation is serving you well.

kstater
11-17-2009, 03:35 PM
So has history arrived yet?

tooge
11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Wow, amazingly witty and creative post!

Your MU edumacation is serving you well.

Not to veer off topic, but uhem, excuse me while I jerk off to your avatar. Thanks

Bambi
If you take away the one good year, he's 16-38 in the Big 12 over not quite 7 years which is absurdly bad.

And what's K State's record over that same time taking away their best single season.

Give me a sec, I'll total it up.

gblowfish
It won't be so bad.

He can take a month off....
Go to Miami....
Take the wife and kids....
Catch some rays....
Hang out on the beach....
Take a little napski down by the breaking waves....
Not too close....
People will keep trying to push you into the ocean!!

Bambi

It arrived in 52, 88, 2008, etc....

When's yours going to happen?

Frazod
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM
And what's K State's record over that same time taking away their best single season.

You really should take something for that enflamed vag of yours.

Skip Towne
11-17-2009, 03:37 PM

The guys on the Jayhawk board want Gruden. Hard to visualize him in Lawrence.

memyselfI
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
The guys on the Jayhawk board want Gruden. Hard to visualize him in Lawrence.

He just signed an extended contract with ESPN through, what, 2012?

kstater
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM

23-33 with a fired coach to boot.

Coach
11-17-2009, 03:39 PM
And besides, I can't see Gruden coaching young players. He perfers older players, if you will. :shrug:

One I would look for, if I was KU, Phil Fulmer.

gblowfish
When do you start "Trampling the Opposition?
Are you going to have Mangino run back and forth across the roof of the visiting team's bus???
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-OyuQ9aLA0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q-OyuQ9aLA0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bambi
23-33 with a fired coach to boot.

OK I suppose. But not if you are considering that your #1 sport.

Thanks for trying.

Brock
Yeah, ha ha ha, he's fat. Bill Snyder shits his pants, and Pinkel's got an IQ of 87.

kstater
It arrived in 52, 88, 2008, etc....

When's yours going to happen?

Oh hey, a basketball reference, how novel.

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm hearing that D coordinator from OU. Not that I want him.

Frazod
11-17-2009, 03:40 PM
Yeah, ha ha ha, he's fat. Bill Snyder shits his pants, and Pinkel's got an IQ of 87.

Pinkel's IQ went up?

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:41 PM

I'll take fat...

Biggie was fat, so the Fridge.

I'd like to stay away from men who shit themselves.

gblowfish
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Pinkel's IQ went up?

Heh....

I agree, Mizzou has sucked this year.
At least we haven't sucked as much as you know who...

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh hey, a basketball reference, how novel.

It's all good. I'm sure HCBS will eventually get you to that elusive BCS Bowl. We went, with you have indicated, a terrible head coach.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm hearing that D coordinator from OU. Not that I want him.

that would be great! No one else (including KSU) will touch him...you have to wonder why...

kstater
11-17-2009, 03:43 PM
It's all good. I'm sure HCBS will eventually get you to that elusive BCS Bowl. We went, with you have indicated, a terrible head coach.

:spock:

Woodrow Call
11-17-2009, 03:45 PM
My money is on Randy Edsall.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 03:45 PM

Par for the course at that corrupt athletic department.

RockChalk
11-17-2009, 03:47 PM
if it's true that 5 former and current players have filed complaints, then it has to go back to at least last season

Well I was just saying that the formal complaints started showing up during this season. My understanding is that some of the complaints from parents/former players came up pretty much in conjunction with the current player complaints

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:49 PM
It's not like any of the guys complaining are any good.

ChiTown
11-17-2009, 03:50 PM

We've been to a BCS Bowl (it was called Bowl Coalition at the time in 1997) - Fiesta Bowl - KSU v Syracuse.

kstater
11-17-2009, 03:51 PM
We've been to a BCS Bowl (it was called Bowl Coalition at the time in 1997) - Fiesta Bowl - KSU v Syracuse.

psst 2003(Jan 04)

Lost to OSU.

But the KU fan probably doesn't know that. CFB didn't exist prior to 07.

WilliamTheIrish
My money is on Randy Edsall.

Probably a good call Archie. Edsall was Lew's coach at UConn, correct?

He's good, too.

Saulbadguy

That (and the one we went to in 2004) was before 2007.

ChiTown
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
psst 2003(Jan 04)

Lost to OSU.

Sure, but that was only because we lucked out beating the #1 Team in the country (OU) for the B12 Cheampionship. That really didn't count..........

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Probably a good call Archie. Edsall was Lew's coach at UConn, correct?

He's good, too.

Skip Holtz?

kstater
11-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Sure, but that was only because we lucked out beating the #1 Team in the country (OU) for the B12 Cheampionship. That really didn't count..........

HCBS did stumble into that one...

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:57 PM
The true BCS was established in 2006 with the National Championship Game. Everyone knows this.

Coach
11-17-2009, 03:58 PM
The true BCS was established in 2006 with the National Championship Game. Everyone knows this.

Nah. It's never considered true, in my book, until a playoff system is formed.

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:59 PM

Didn't KSU have like 4 losses that year? I forget.

I'll take KU's summit of a season over that one. Sry.

Bambi
11-17-2009, 03:59 PM
Nah. It's never considered true, in my book, until a playoff system is formed.

Well, I will definitely agree on that.

ChiTown
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM

ROFL

Over a B12 Championship and actually beating a good team? Sure thing, champ.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 04:01 PM

didn't KU have the easiest schedule in ALL of college football that year? I'd take a toucher schedule with more losses and a victory over THE GREATEST FOOTBALL TEAM OF ALL TIME (c) over that one. Sry.

Mojo Jojo
11-17-2009, 04:02 PM
KSU goes to a Bowl game for winning the Big 12 Championship....
KU went because Lou said the University would pay for unsold tickets for taking a lesser team.

One team goes on merit...the other goes with a checkbook.

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 04:03 PM

We had a division title and a conference title in that year. I'll take that any day.

KU's 2007 season is more like KSU's 97 season, where our only loss was to eventual national champion Nebraska.

Not eventual Cotton Bowl champ Missouri...

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 04:04 PM
It's no surprise that Mangino's behavior should come to light. He was reprimanded several years ago for his behavior at his kid's high school football game when he verbally attacked a referee after the game.

And he did the same shit in Manhattan during youth football.

Nothing new. But you can't do that.... and lose.

ChiTown
11-17-2009, 04:06 PM
It's no surprise that Mangino's behavior should come to light. He was reprimanded several years ago for his behavior at his kid's high school football game when he verbally attacked a referee after the game.

Therein lies the problem. If you're winning, people will turn a bind eye to the ugly face. When you are losing, that ugly face becomes unbearable.

Lloyd Christmas
11-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Honestly this argument is never going to be solved and it's annoying as hell. What is the point of arguing with someone when they are obviously never going to agree with you?

I'm a KU fan but I will admit Kstate had a damn good team that year. Was it a better season than KUs? Maybe, but it's to each his own. Great you guys had a good season and so did KU in 2008.

I think everyone is aware of the points each side is going to make by now. Time to move on

Mojo Jojo

It wasn't after the game..it was DURING the game. Mark had issues at KSU and OU. That is why both teams were willing to let him leave.

Raised On Riots
You really should take something for that enflamed vag of yours.

"Sand-specks.....in their Beak-Vag.....makes me....happeee"!....

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51onivxPrTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Coach
11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
I'll take fat...

Biggie was fat, so the Fridge.

I'd like to stay away from men who shit themselves.

HCBS is 4-1 against Mangino. What does that tell you?

Zebedee DuBois
11-17-2009, 04:12 PM
We had a division title and a conference title in that year. I'll take that any day.

KU's 2007 season is more like KSU's 97 season, where our only loss was to eventual national champion Nebraska.

Not eventual Cotton Bowl champ Missouri...

style points for the twofer.

irishjayhawk
11-17-2009, 04:14 PM

Been that way for a good year and a half.

kstater
11-17-2009, 04:16 PM

LMAO

"Year of dominance:except that one team and those good teams not on the schedule"

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 04:16 PM
It wasn't after the game..it was DURING the game. Mark had issues at KSU and OU. That is why both teams were willing to let him leave.

Sorry. It's been several years and the details are a little murky.

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Is Bill Callahan or Herm Edwards available?

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Therein lies the problem. If you're winning, people will turn a bind eye to the ugly face. When you are losing, that ugly face becomes unbearable.

Yup. That's really the bottom line regarding this situation I think.

Brock
11-17-2009, 04:36 PM
Par for the course at that corrupt athletic department.

Ha, that's rich coming from KSU fans.

Frazod
11-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Is Bill Callahan or Herm Edwards available?

God, I hope so. :evil:

TIED5573
11-17-2009, 04:52 PM

Thought it was basketball season.

ArrowheadHawk
11-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Is this a credible reason Arrowheadhawk?

Huh?

Coach
11-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, looks like Grunny made a comment on his twitter.

"I still think Mark is stayin"

http://twitter.com/grunny61

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 05:05 PM
Wonder what changed Gunt's mind?

Coach
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM

No clue.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM
http://twitter.com/JocCrawford

DA_T_84
11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Ha, that's rich coming from KSU fans.

Wait, we're on probation? hmm.... Ope, nope, that's not us.

We had a douchebag make an under the table deal with a coach that gave him more money without the school's approval.

But nothing like probation. Or "bumping into guys" in their locker room.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 05:34 PM

Mangino threatened to feed him to the Rancor.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 05:38 PM

Yes. That ad campaign was historically idiotic. :shake:

Brock
11-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Wait, we're on probation? hmm.... Ope, nope, that's not us.

We had a douchebag make an under the table deal with a coach that gave him more money without the school's approval.

But nothing like probation. Or "bumping into guys" in their locker room.

Yeah, okay Pollyanna.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM

ROFL ROFL

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Ku isn't going to get Gruden and KU fans can play it off all they want but Mangino was your best coach since WWII. Hopefully they hire Bill Callahan.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Ku isn't going to get Gruden and KU fans can play it off all they want but Mangino was your best coach since WWII. Hopefully they hire Bill Callahan.

They should hire Mike Brown.

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
They should hire Mike Brown.

Nah Lawrence is a town for Corby Jones

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Mangino shouldn't threaten to sit on Kids. This isn't the 1980s... he can't just sit on his players and expect the players to just let him.

Mizzou_8541
11-17-2009, 06:24 PM

I hope KU hires Bill Callahan also.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Nah Lawrence is a town for Corby Jones

I've got it!

Sodd will be readily available when the season ends! To the presses!

kstater
11-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Yes. That ad campaign was historically idiotic. :shake:

I'm still trying to figure why anyone would give the green light to that one. You're just asking for epic collapse with that.

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
I've got it!

Sodd will be readily available when the season ends! To the presses!

Awesome we'll hire sauto to dig up the sodd.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Awesome we'll hire sauto to dig up the sodd.

LMAO

Lzen
11-17-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm still trying to figure why anyone would give the green light to that one. You're just asking for epic collapse with that.

That was my initial concern, as well. You can probably find some comments by me on that one when it came out. It was a gamble, for sure. And they lost. :(:shake:

Mojo Jojo
11-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I have a friend who's cousin lives next door to a guy that works down the street from a real estate agent in Lawrence...said Bill Cowher is looking to buy a house on the west side of town.

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Mangino mad. Parking tickets. Angry! Need Loading zone to get out of car.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/nov/17/coachs-history-parking-tickets/

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 08:29 PM

No tickets since 2007, eh? ROFL

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 08:35 PM

nice...

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
ROFL

"You jus' don' wanna' talk-a to me because I'm-a ethnic"! "Because I talk-a widda' my hands"!

What...a fucking...DOUCHE.ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 08:40 PM
http://www.kansan.com/news/2009/nov/17/internal-review-football-program-underway/
=========================================================
Investigation not a surprise to many Jayhawks

A football player has voiced his complaints regarding physical contact by coach Mark Mangino and former players said they aren’t surprised an investigation into Kansas’ program was launched Monday.
Audio clip
Mangino: I’m not going to be consumed by this.

The brother of senior linebacker Arist Wright confirmed that Wright had complained about physical contact by Mangino with Wright in the past, but hadn’t spoken with him recently. His father said he told Wright to wait until the end of the season to address the complaints.
Audio clip
Todd Reesing on Mangino's behavior
Audio clip
Reesing: We can't catch any breaks

The brother of senior linebacker Arist Wright confirmed that Wright had complained about physical contact by Mangino with Wright in the past, but hadn’t spoken with him recently. His father, Lash Wright, said he told Wright to wait until the end of the season to address the complaints.

“All I want is my kid to make it through these next two games healthy and we’ll go from there,” Lash Wright said.

“I know that these things happened. But right now, I’m probably too upset to talk about anything. I’m just trying to reach someone down there to find out how he’s doing.”

Former wide receiver Dexton Fields, who played for the Jayhawks from 2004-08, said he never had a relationship with Mangino beyond a player/coach relationship. He said he thought Mangino wasn’t very well-liked by a lot of players, “probably because of the stuff that’s surfacing now.”

“We understood the motivational things said, but the negative things kind of occurred more than the motivational from him,” Fields said. “Some of the assistant coaches stepped in on our behalf. They did more of the verbal abuse but it was to keep him off of us. I think that’s part of the reason guys didn’t really care for him.”

Fields also said he thought the rumors that were now surfacing were legitimate and had been occurring since he came to Kansas in 2004.

“It’s been a long time that that stuff has been happening and it had to surface,” Fields said. “Of all the talent that KU has there, it had to be some other reason that KU isn’t producing out on the field. It’s been long overdue.”

Marcus Herford, another former receiver for Mangino, said Mangino’s way of motivating a player was by “demotivating” him.

“I knew it was a matter of time before somebody reported it or said something, because it’s been happening since I got there and I’m sure before then,” Herford said. “I’m surprised actually that it took this long honestly.”

Senior Todd Reesing said Perkins told the team in a meeting Monday that an “unbiased person” would conduct the investigation. Perkins discussed the matter with Mangino prior to speaking with the players.

In his weekly press conference Tuesday, Mangino declined to delve into the details of the matter but acknowledged he had a brief meeting with Perkins.

“I haven’t lost the team one bit,” Mangino said. “I may have lost some people around here, but it’s not players. Take that for what it’s worth. You decipher it.”

Mangio was asked if he thought there would be any issues with the program if the team were 5-1 in conference games instead of 1-5. He firmly said “No.”

“The fact of life is that these type of things are going to come up when things aren’t going good,” Mangino said. “That’s life, that’s how it works.”

On hand for the weekly press conference, current players Darrell Stuckey, Chris Harris, Tanner Hawkinson and Huldon Tharp declined to discuss the situation directly.

“I just don’t want to talk about that because it would be irritating for me to ponder on something,” Stuckey said. “It’s difficult for our team to go through this week.”

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 08:41 PM
reports now that donors have been told he's gone

Jerm
11-17-2009, 09:17 PM
From Twitter...

dsportsdaily Kansas coach Mark Mangino poked senior linebacker Arist Wright in the chest during a practice triggering investigation
Posted via Mobile Device

Braincase
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Writing's on the wall. I'm guessing Mangino won't see the new year, and possibly the end of the week.

Jerm
11-17-2009, 09:19 PM
More...

schadjoe Mangino is alleged to have grabbed, yelled at and put his finger in the chest of a player who had been laughing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saulbadguy
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
From Twitter...

dsportsdaily Kansas coach Mark Mangino poked senior linebacker Arist Wright in the chest during a practice triggering investigation
Posted via Mobile Device

Meh...that's nothing.

Silock
11-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Meh...that's nothing.

Quoted for posterity.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Sounds like weak sauce and that Orc lew is just waiting for a shitty season to cut his ass loose.

Chocolate Hog
11-17-2009, 09:37 PM
So hes getting fired for poking a player in the chest?

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 09:41 PM
So hes getting fired for poking a player in the chest?

and he's not lew perkins guy and a fatass...

probably why he hasn't gotten offers that im aware of elsewhere. i think he's a good coach

KcMizzou
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
and he's not lew perkins guy and a fatass...
He's also 23-39 in the Big 12, even with the season he caught lightning in a bottle (and a favorable schedule).

mikeyis4dcats.
11-17-2009, 09:52 PM
if that's truly all there is to the physical side, that's weak. But it could be just the latest in a series of incidents, which combined with his other anger issues could be the last straw.

I know when we did work in the Union conference rooms they use, everyone was VERY touchy about him. Talked about him as though he was a loose cannon, and very beligerent over the smallest things.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 09:58 PM
He's also 23-39 in the Big 12, even with the season he caught lightning in a bottle (and a favorable schedule).

Yeah that may do it right there, didn't realize it was that bad.

KcMizzou
11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah that may do it right there, didn't realize it was that bad.Headed to a possible 1-7 conference season. At Texas and Mizzou at Arrowhead. (Not that I'm counting that game as a KU loss just yet.)

It's pretty ugly, considering the expectations they had.

OnTheWarpath58
if that's truly all there is to the physical side, that's weak. But it could be just the latest in a series of incidents, which combined with his other anger issues could be the last straw.

I know when we did work in the Union conference rooms they use, everyone was VERY touchy about him. Talked about him as though he was a loose cannon, and very beligerent over the smallest things.

If players from several seasons back are saying things like, "I'm shocked it has taken this long," then I have a hard time believing that this incident with Wright is the SOLE reason behind this investigation.

stlchiefs
If that's all he did physically who gives a chit. If he's truly gone it's obvious they are just using this as an excuse to fire him. As for the players parents showing up to complain. What a joke, those men should be ashamed of themselves, what adult has their parents show up to complain about how they were treated by a coach in COLLEGE!

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
Sounds like some of the players are little bitches....i'm sure he's a super pissant though now that they aren't doing well

KcMizzou
11-17-2009, 10:07 PM
If players from several seasons back are saying things like, "I'm shocked it has taken this long," then I have a hard time believing that this incident with Wright is the SOLE reason behind this investigation.Yeah, It's pretty obvious to me that this type of behavior has been going on for a long time. Nobody wanted to say anything and screw up a good season. (Out of respect for the team, I'm sure.) Now that they're having a bad season, someone broke the ice, and current and former players are coming out of the woodwork to tell their stories.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, It's pretty obvious to me that this type of behavior has been going on for a long time. Nobody wanted to say anything and screw up a good season. (Out of respect for current, and former teammates, I'm sure.) Now that they're having a bad season, someone broke the ice, and current and former players are coming out of the woodwork to tell their stories.
might as well take down jabba while he's weak

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 10:11 PM
might as well take down jabba while he's weak

Send GoChiefs to Lawrence in a gold slave girl outfit with a 10ft chain.

KcMizzou
11-17-2009, 10:12 PM
Send GoChiefs to Lawrence in a gold slave girl outfit with a 10ft chain.LMAO

Hell, I bet he'd do it just for the sexual role playing thrill....

(Sorry Clay... I don't mean that. The mental image cracks me up though.)

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 10:13 PM
Send GoChiefs to Lawrence in a gold slave girl outfit with a 10ft chain.

ROFL

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I've been digging on Clay a little too much lately, I should probably chill for a while.

luv
11-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I've been digging on Clay a little too much lately, I should probably chill for a while.

He doesn't pay attention to college ball, so I doubt he'd be poking around in here anyway. Carry on.

Raised On Riots
11-17-2009, 10:20 PM
He just needs to stop liking players. It's killing us.

I'm kind of the opposite totem; if I hate on you seriously, you will fail.

Silock
11-17-2009, 10:23 PM
Is it a coincidence that the players complaining are the ones that suck (more)?

Skip Towne
11-17-2009, 10:25 PM

Or you could just shut the fuck up