PDA

View Full Version : Uh--ohhhh-- I'm gonna get...

chiefsnathan
10-22-2000, 03:06 PM
...Smacked!!!!

First off, Congrats on humbling the Rams!!!! Somebody needed to do it.

Second, feel free to rub my nose in it. I can't believe these freakin' Broncos!?!?

I honestly thought they'd be a lot better. The O lived up to expectations, but that D...<P>

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 03:08 PM
Drew - Pretty hard day for you today. To bad the Hawks are so bad at QB that they will give up the win, on both knees, to the Raiders.

sd4chiefs
10-22-2000, 03:09 PM
I hope the Hawks can ease your pain by beating the Raida's. Sadly, it looks like the C-Chickens are going to play inept as always.

AZ

Mike
10-22-2000, 03:10 PM
This would be a great time to paste some Bronco comments from the past week or two, but I think you all feel low enough right now. Here's to hoping they get those suicide lines cranked up and running as all the Bronco fans come down to earth.

Ugly Duck
10-22-2000, 03:12 PM
You show mucho grande cajones coming on here immediately after a vomit inducing loss. My hat is off to you Drew. Ok, that's enough, don't want to give the Donkey too much credit http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 03:14 PM
Damn the hawks are pathetic!!!

redbrian
10-22-2000, 03:52 PM
The Broncos were pathetic today, but Chiefs could easily lose 4 or 5 out of their next 6, so I'm refraining from any real smack.

F. Gump
10-22-2000, 06:25 PM
memo to clint:

if you were stranded on a deserted island with the barbi twins, would you ***** about the humidity???

------------------
did i mention id been drinkin???

gh4chiefs
10-22-2000, 06:47 PM
Uh Ohhh.....I just don't have the heart to kick a guy when he's down. I'm an abomination to fandom.

On second thought....this is just the kind of anomaly we need to keep the AFC West race exciting to the end. I was even pulling for the Chiefs for two reasons:

1) To see the obnoxious Ram fans humbled before our division. You know, all that "Greatest Team of All Time" stuff.

2) To keep the race a three-way run to the division championship. Winning the title is that much more meaningful when your adversarys are playing well. Go AFC West! Go Division Rivalry!

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 06:52 PM
UD - I'm pretty glad we are only 2 games behind you. We need Denver to beat you and then for us to beat you to give us the lead in a tie breaker. Of course if Grbac does not come back we could be in trouble.

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 06:54 PM
UD - Raider stadium sounded pretty loud today, must have been cool. Did you end up filling out all the seats, even though the game was blacked out?

Frazod
10-22-2000, 07:11 PM
Drew,

Thanks for the congrats. This win, for us, is one to remember. Seriously, I would have never guessed the Bengals would have upset your team. You know what they say, "On any given Sunday". Now both our teams need to bring the Raiders back down to earth and make this an interesting AFC West race.

Dan<P>

gh4chiefs
10-22-2000, 07:35 PM
Yo, Morph....I don't know if Oakland was sold out. I just got back from a weekend in Reno. When I came down off the mountain and heard that Dillon stepped on the Donks and KC made the Rams cry - I just busted out laughing! I was pulling for both of those events, but really didn't think it was going to happen.

Hey - KC at Oakland could be scary. Both these teams are playing tough football. KC broke Warner's finger and dislocated Faulk's shoulder. Oakland gave both Seattle QB's concussions today. These teams could be getting set to pulverize one another.....

Clint in Wichita
10-22-2000, 08:19 PM
Hey Duck,
Congrats, the Raiders looked very impressive today, I was hoping to split with the Raiders, Chiefs, and Donkos, but that looks difficult now with our swiss cheese defense.

I am VERY dissapointed in my team.

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 08:30 PM
Joe - You really need a QB, I missed much of the game, but something you need.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
10-22-2000, 09:29 PM
Drew,
Thanks for the congrats! Congrats should go out to your Donx as well - they're in the record books now. *grin*

Hey, don't ya just miss preseason?

gh4chiefs
10-22-2000, 09:34 PM
Hey Joe - I heard something interesting from the radio guys that were covering the Seahawk-Raider game. One guys sez, "It looks like the Hawks just gave up with about 8 minutes left." The other guy said that he thinks Holmgren has given up on the season and is looking forward to building a team thru the draft. Then he made a comment about Walrus walking off the field while avoiding eye contact with his players, and that a bunch of them are in the Holmgren doghouse.

We'll see....if the Hawks just give up and don't win any more games this year, then maybe I'll believe the radio dude about Walrus shooting for a high draft pick. I think the guy has too much pride to give up.

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 10:15 PM
Duck - I think he has given up on his QB's and knows he is not going to get anywhere with what he has. I'm really under the impression that he can't handle both GM and HC at the same time. We will have to wait to see if he can change my opinion.

Clint in Wichita
10-22-2000, 10:26 PM
If any players gave up today they will hear about it!
They just made way too many mistakes for a talent thin team to cover for.
As far as Holmgren goes, He is just trying to win every game as usual. But I think he left himself too thin talent wise this year to make any noise whatsoever in the division. IMO he is trying to build a consistent winning team, and that takes time.
Jeff, You may be on to something there, But even if he brought in a gm, Holmy would call the shots anyway so, whats the use..

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 10:31 PM
Joe - I think that having that other voice there is helpful, to say the least. I think he would be better off spending his time coaching and not having to worry about every little thing that goes on in the stadium. It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I will be suprised to see anything good out of there before the year after next.

Clint in Wichita
10-22-2000, 10:55 PM
Jeff,

2002 is the first year of the new stadium, hopefully by then the team will be a young playoff team..

I must say, Arrowhead must have been a blast today. Thats the kind of atmosphere I'm looking forward to here in Seattle.....Joe

DaKCMan AP
10-22-2000, 11:06 PM
Joe - Yeah, it makes for a great expierience. I wish I would have been there today. I'm guessing two years because I think they will go after a QB with a pick and it will take a year for him to develop. I just don't think you have a QBOTF there, no matter how good the Walrus is with QB's.

I just want to know how you could keep driving to the other teams side of the field and walk away with 3 points? Your team ought to be embarrassed, hopefully it will kick up there play in 2 weeks.

Clint in Wichita
10-22-2000, 11:17 PM
Jeff,
Extremely frustrating game, the only positive is Ricky, the guy is playing very well right now, he had a 70 yard td run called back because of holding http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

The whole day went like that...