PDA

View Full Version : Life Should I Go Out With Her???

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Ok, sticking with the them of "relationship stuff on page 1" I've got a little decision I need help with. Usually, I'm a bit of a serial dater and stick with girls for a few weeks max. However, I've been dating a really cool girl for about a month and a half. Things are going well, BUT, I met this other chick over the weekend that's definitely interested in going out.

Keeping in mind that me and the girl I've been dating have NOT had "the talk," (or anything pertaining to exclusivity or the word "girlfriend") am I well within my rights to go out with the new chick and "test new waters"? I should add a disclaimer that dates usually go pretty well and if I do go out with this girl, I'm sure we'll at least kiss.

So what do I do? Blow off new girl because I'm in a relationship? Try the new side-dish to see if it's as satisfying as my main course? Try for the menage-a-trois? Poll forthcoming.

baitism
11-17-2009, 11:41 AM
If you have to ask, I would say no.

Baconeater
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Need pics.

Iowanian
11-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Are you willing to risk the first one going away if she finds out about the new date?

This isn't rocket science.

Brock
11-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Come on, man.

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Need pics.

I have pics of the girl I'm dating...not sure it would be fair to post them since I don't have any of the new girl. The girl I'm with is VERY cute. New girl is too, but I don't know much about her since we only met for like 10 minutes before I had to take off.

MichaelH
You're 26 years old and presumably single. You've dated one girl for a month and a half. I'd say date as many women as you can until you find the right one to settle down with. A month and a half isn't really a long term commitment. I'm sure she may feel different though. Have fun while you're young.

Mr. Plow
Depends on where you are at in your life. If you are looking for a more serious relationship than you've had - I say don't go out with her. If you are still just wanting to go from girl to girl humping anything that moves - go out with her.

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Are you willing to risk the first one going away if she finds out about the new date?

This about sums it up right here. :clap:

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 11:45 AM

I thought about that. If she were to go out with some other guy, and I knew about it, I'd be disturbed, but I'd also understand since we're not technically "committed."

Iowanian
11-17-2009, 11:46 AM
Will you be upset if the girl you are "dating" is getting hammered from the behind while you're out with the other chic? What if they're playing "just the tip"?

loochy

This.

Come on man, why do you even have to ask this?

CoMoChief
gotta test the water before jumping in the pool........fuck her first.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Ok, sticking with the them of "relationship stuff on page 1" I've got a little decision I need help with. Usually, I'm a bit of a serial dater and stick with girls for a few weeks max. However, I've been dating a really cool girl for about a month and a half. Things are going well, BUT, I met this other chick over the weekend that's definitely interested in going out.

Keeping in mind that me and the girl I've been dating have NOT had "the talk," (or anything pertaining to exclusivity or the word "girlfriend") am I well within my rights to go out with the new chick and "test new waters"? I should add a disclaimer that dates usually go pretty well and if I do go out with this girl, I'm sure we'll at least kiss.

So what do I do? Blow off new girl because I'm in a relationship? Try the new side-dish to see if it's as satisfying as my main course? Try for the menage-a-trois? Poll forthcoming.

Uh, you STILL go for what you want.

Unless, like you, you don't know what you want.

Then you buy the turn-key napkins for $0.25 a pop...

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 11:48 AM
What if they're playing "just the tip"?

ROFL

Ok, ok...point taken.

Iowanian
11-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I'm just getting warmed up if you want to keep running scenereos....

It's pretty simple, you're not committed, you have the right to go out with another girl, however that comes with the possibility that the girl will find out, and she will, and may care. You've also got no right to be upset if she's having her pelvis adjusted by Octo-II while you're watching Driving Miss Daisey with the new beaver.

This should tell you pretty quickly what you feel your status is....

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I'm just getting warmed up if you want to keep running scenereos....

It's pretty simple, you're not committed, you have the right to go out with another girl, however that comes with the possibility that the girl will find out, and she will, and may care. You've also got no right to be upset if she's having her pelvis adjusted by Octo-II while you're watching Driving Miss Daisey with the new beaver.

This should tell you pretty quickly what you feel your status is....

So what your saying is if these Iowanian scenarios are pissing me off, I should stick with what I have, eh?

GloryDayz
11-17-2009, 12:01 PM
OK, what did your Mom say when you asked her?

Iowanian
11-17-2009, 12:04 PM
So what your saying is if these Iowanian scenarios are pissing me off, I should stick with what I have, eh?

I'm saying, if you like this girl enough that it would bother you if she went out with someone else, take that into account with what you decide to do. If you don't care and you're just having fun with her and don't see it as a long term potential, then by all means go have fun. If you want her to stick around and think she might bail if she finds out you're raising your leg on other hydrants...consider that.

If you're just a fur trapper, no one will blame you for setting up in multiple beaver lodges.

What I really think is that should I ever need love advice, I'll probably just go to the HOC and read the III threads....

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-17-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm saying, if you like this girl enough that it would bother you if she went out with someone else, take that into account with what you decide to do. If you don't care and you're just having fun with her and don't see it as a long term potential, then by all means go have fun. If you want her to stick around and think she might bail if she finds out you're raising your leg on other hydrants...consider that.

If you're just a fur trapper, no one will blame you for setting up in multiple beaver lodges.

What I really think is that should I ever need love advice, I'll probably just go to the HOC and read the III threads....

OUCH! ROFL

tooge
11-17-2009, 12:13 PM
We need a new "Dr. Phil, help me I'm clueless about chicks, I am still or used to be a playa and now am in love" forum of its own it seems.

Jilly
11-17-2009, 12:13 PM
how often do you and the woman you are currently dating hang out?

Redrum_69
11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
First thing to do is always post a thread on chiefsplanet..

second...post pics of the all the women involved

third..seek counselling from Gochiefs when all else fails..hes the subject matter expert on failing

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
how often do you and the woman you are currently dating hang out?

About twice a week.

Jilly
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
About twice a week.

ok, so you're not hanging out like every chance you get, etc. etc. Do you each assume, though, that you will be together on Fridays and Saturdays?

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
ok, so you're not hanging out like every chance you get, etc. etc. Do you each assume, though, that you will be together on Fridays and Saturdays?

I wouldn't necessarily say we "assume" that, but we generally hang out on the weekend and once during the week (she has a wierd work sched).

Hydrae
11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
I can not believe the Menage a Trois option is not the top vote getter. I am disappointed in my Planet brethren. :shake:

brorth
11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
Will you be upset if the girl you are "dating" is getting hammered from the behind while you're out with the other chic? What if they're playing "just the tip"?

^ This makes me think of this. v

<embed id=VideoPlayback src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=3759889332329521741&hl=en&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash> </embed>

Jilly
11-17-2009, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't necessarily say we "assume" that, but we generally hang out on the weekend and once during the week (she has a wierd work sched).

does her weird work schedule keep you from hanging out daily? Or is there something else?

Jilly
11-17-2009, 12:35 PM
I am going somewhere with this.....but I have to leave for an hour or so....I'll be back....probably asking more questions. I like to make sure I have a lot of info before giving advice.

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 12:36 PM
does her weird work schedule keep you from hanging out daily? Or is there something else?

Uhh...kind of. I mean, we'd probably hang out a little more if she didn't work nights, but I'm not at the point where I'd want to hang out with her everyday or anything.

Demonpenz
11-17-2009, 12:39 PM
How the hell do people meet girls so often.

loochy
11-17-2009, 12:40 PM

You don't meet lots of girls at Aldi while buying your generic cheese puffs?

bevischief
11-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Depends on where you are at in your life. If you are looking for a more serious relationship than you've had - I say don't go out with her. If you are still just wanting to go from girl to girl humping anything that moves - go out with her.

this

Demonpenz
11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
You don't meet lots of girls at Aldi while buying your generic cheese puffs?

it doesn't piss me off that badly, because i have a zz top beard, I guess I just missed the boat while my friends were younger drinking and mingling I was drinking more and not mingling.

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
it doesn't piss me off that badly, because i have a zz top beard, I guess I just missed the boat while my friends were younger drinking and mingling I was drinking more and not mingling.

I'm definitely the socially, mingily, type of guy...I figured waking up with a cute girl was better than waking up with a hangover ;)

MikeMaslowski
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Cocaine, Grey Goose and a cell phone will solve your problems.

Jilly
11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
Uhh...kind of. I mean, we'd probably hang out a little more if she didn't work nights, but I'm not at the point where I'd want to hang out with her everyday or anything.

So you're not spending time apart because you each lead your own individual lives...you're spending time apart because you're not sure you want to spend that much time with her yet?

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 02:19 PM
So you're not spending time apart because you each lead your own individual lives...you're spending time apart because you're not sure you want to spend that much time with her yet?

Oh jeez, I don't know. Kind of both. Aren't you people supposed to psychoanalyze me and tell me what to do!?!?

Coogs
11-17-2009, 02:20 PM
Is there a big difference between a few weeks and a month and a half?

Jilly
11-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh jeez, I don't know. Kind of both. Aren't you people supposed to psychoanalyze me and tell me what to do!?!?

That's what I'm doing. I'm a master, watch me work. It's breathtaking almost.

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Put it in both butts. DO IT!!!

Lumpy
11-17-2009, 02:33 PM
U have only been dating this girl for a month in a half and ur already looking to get w/ someone else? Damn. That's harsh. If u like this girl, u should try to get over ur temptations and give the relationship, (whatever it may be at this point), a chance. Otherwise, if u don't feel a deep connection w/ her, man-up and do the right thing by breaking up w/ her before scoring a piece of side-ass.

Ebolapox
11-17-2009, 02:47 PM
Put it in both butts. DO IT!!!

ooh... then go ass to mouth.

Param
11-17-2009, 02:52 PM
put it in her butt

Ebolapox
11-17-2009, 02:53 PM
put it in her butt

repost.

Param
11-17-2009, 02:54 PM
repost.

I know, but it was the first thought that came to me.

Great Expectations
11-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Otherwise, if u don't feel a deep connection w/ her, man-up and do the right thing by breaking up w/ her before scoring a piece of side-ass.

Do not do this, it is always easier to get some on the side than to get someone new. If you aren't going to have a serious relationship enjoy doing her while you can and get some from any other hot girls you can.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Read her poetry and buy her flowers Ecton...

Buddy Rich
11-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Enough with this bs post and poll. I talked to your parents and they're ok with you being different. They said it's fine if your "friend", Brad, comes with you for Thanksgiving.

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 03:01 PM
Guru, put it in Lumpys butt!!! [she's giving bad advice here]

Ari Chi3fs
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM
Enough with this bs post and poll. I talked to your parents and they're ok with you being different. They said it's fine if your "friend", Brad, comes with you for Thanksgiving.

hahah... funny how Rausch was teh last to post before this.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 03:02 PM

I'm not a big fan of the thought process...

Lumpy
11-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Do not do this, it is always easier to get some on the side than to get someone new. If you aren't going to have a serious relationship enjoy doing her while you can and get some from any other hot girls you can.

Way to douche-it up there sport. :thumb:

DumbHillbillies
Ain't no pussy like new pussy.

Rausch
hahah... funny how Rausch was teh last to post before this.

Whatever.

If this were even remotely true he'd be telling mom how much he enjoyed the feeling of his mullet on his arse crack and the tickle of his colon about his nostrils...

Lumpy
11-17-2009, 03:06 PM

Ok, this was funny. Heh. But fock off! :cuss: :D

Stewie
11-17-2009, 03:14 PM
Ain't no pussy like new pussy.

This reminds me of a buddy in college that broke up with his girlfriend. They ran into each other in a bar and got into ANOTHER fight. It got heated and he said something like, "I just needed to find some new pussy!" She replied, "If your dick was longer you'd have found some new pussy!" She won.

Jilly
11-17-2009, 03:15 PM
(cracks knuckles in front of her, takes a deep breath......here it goes)

1. You are not in love.
2. If you were in love, you would not need to go exploring.
3. If the passion you have for her (since it's not love) is not captivating and it should be at one and a half months in, then the girl you are currently dating does not seem to be a good fit for you.
4. If you're not sure of number 3, then you NEED to date around some more so you can be fully sure that the passion you have for her is absolutely captivating
5. If you date around and find that number 4 is not true, then you must break up.
6. If you find yourself feeling and thinking these things with numerous women, after you've dated for a few months, then you might actually be the problem and you might actually need to look into your own soul and address why it is you are failing at relationships.
7. I do, however, think that when you do decide to date the new girl and you will (imho), then you need to at least let the girl you are currently dating know. Since you have not drawn clear lines she is probably wondering why she is not the main dish on your plate and wondering where this is headed and it gives her the all clear to date as well.
8. You will need to let the new girl know, asap, that you are dating someone else, that it is not serious serious, but it is more serious then you've been in the past and the reason for that, is so that she does not fall in love at first sight with you and more then likely will be more attracted to you for being honest and since you're not fully available, she will try like hell to be the "winner" so, in the end that will work out well for you as she will put 100% in so you can fully assess if she is worth putting girl number 1 aside for......her passion may captivate you more then girl number one in this scenario.

You're welcome.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 03:18 PM

1. You are not in love.
3. If the passion you have for her (since it's not love) is not captivating and it should be at one and a half months in, then the girl you are currently dating does not seem to be a good fit for you.

OMG!1! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiWBPdhPH8)

BY1401
11-17-2009, 03:20 PM
Okay, I'm going to take a different tack here, so stay with me.

Will either of the two chicks let you lick their buttholes?

Jilly
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM
OMG!1! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIiWBPdhPH8)

I really hate that song.

Jilly
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM

Will either of the two chicks lick his butthole.....is a better question.

Lumpy
11-17-2009, 03:25 PM

ROFL I was just about to post this!!

BY1401
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM

GAH DAMMIT!!

You didn't let him answer the first question.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 03:26 PM
I really hate that song.

It was a long time ago...:shake:

BIG_DADDY
11-17-2009, 03:27 PM
Your dating and not committed. I'm not sure what the problem is here. Date as many as you can while you can and keep cutting off the weak links until you find the one. You will know she is the one if you find her because you will quit recruiting new talent and let the rest go. Obviously you are not there yet. Date away.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 03:28 PM
GAH DAMMIT!!

You didn't let him answer the first question.

Jilly
11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
ROFL I was just about to post this!!

Quit f-ing stalking me, Lumpy!!!! I TOLD YOU I'M NOT INTO GIRLS ROFL

CrazyHorse
11-17-2009, 03:38 PM
Perhaps you should let one of your buddies **** your girlfriend while you're ****ing the new chick. Then you could have an orgy. Wouldn't that be lovely? Since you're not exclusive, she needs to know it. You telling her before you make a move on the new girl would be the best advice I could give you.

That, and grow up and work on your integrity. Your opinion of yourself will improve if you have more integrity.

Working on your "relationship" on an internet forum, is not the way to be succesful. Screwing around on someone who has committed to you, is also not the way to build self respect. If she is not committed to you, then it shouldn't bother her when you tell her.

The menage a trios idea is one you should talk over with your girlfriend after you have introduced the two women. If she like the idea, then she should approach the "new girl" with the idea. That's how you do that.

If you even have a friendship level relationship with the current girl, then you should treat that friendship with respect. You shouldn't be talking to us, you should be talking to your current GF to see where the two of you stand.

BIG_DADDY
11-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Perhaps you should let one of your buddies **** your girlfriend while you're ****ing the new chick. Then you could have an orgy. Wouldn't that be lovely? Since you're not exclusive, she needs to know it. You telling her before you make a move on the new girl would be the best advice I could give you.

That, and grow up and work on your integrity. Your opinion of yourself will improve if you have more integrity.

Working on your "relationship" on an internet forum, is not the way to be succesful. Screwing around on someone who has committed to you, is also not the way to build self respect. If she is not committed to you, then it shouldn't bother her when you tell her.

The menage a trios idea is one you should talk over with your girlfriend after you have introduced the two women. If she like the idea, then she should approach the "new girl" with the idea. That's how you do that.

If you even have a friendship level relationship with the current girl, then you should treat that friendship with respect. You shouldn't be talking to us, you should be talking to your current GF to see where the two of you stand.

Interesting, so you are assuming just because somebody goes out with someone else that instantly makes them exclusive? Wow.

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 04:20 PM

1. You are not in love.
4. If you're not sure of number 3, then you NEED to date around some more so you can be fully sure that the passion you have for her is absolutely captivating
5. If you date around and find that number 4 is not true, then you must break up.
6. If you find yourself feeling and thinking these things with numerous women, after you've dated for a few months, then you might actually be the problem and you might actually need to look into your own soul and address why it is you are failing at relationships.
7. I do, however, think that when you do decide to date the new girl and you will (imho), then you need to at least let the girl you are currently dating know. Since you have not drawn clear lines she is probably wondering why she is not the main dish on your plate and wondering where this is headed and it gives her the all clear to date as well.
8. You will need to let the new girl know, asap, that you are dating someone else, that it is not serious serious, but it is more serious then you've been in the past and the reason for that, is so that she does not fall in love at first sight with you and more then likely will be more attracted to you for being honest and since you're not fully available, she will try like hell to be the "winner" so, in the end that will work out well for you as she will put 100% in so you can fully assess if she is worth putting girl number 1 aside for......her passion may captivate you more then girl number one in this scenario.

You're welcome.

Who needs a counselor when you have the planet! Great stuff:clap:

Skip Towne
11-17-2009, 04:27 PM

I thought you and Katipan had something going.

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 04:27 PM
To be clear, I would never cheat on someone I'm in a committed relationship with. BUT, although we are not technically "Together" we have been dating awhile. Thinking I'm leaning towards going out with new chick this week. If she's attractive and fun, then I can turn the "Ecto Charm" on, otherwise I downshift into neutral and return to homebase.

Over-Head
11-17-2009, 04:29 PM
So,
Has this turned onto a "get goatboy laid" thread yet? haven't read the first 5 pages

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 05:07 PM
I could never figure out how to do the dating two women thing. Even if there was no stated commitment, I'd feel like I had one after the second date. I mean, by that point she's got my class ring on her necklace.

CrazyHorse
11-17-2009, 05:12 PM
Interesting, so you are assuming just because somebody goes out with someone else that instantly makes them exclusive? Wow.

I only assume that because he doesn't know they are not.

Usually, that means he's full of shit.

Thinking with your dick can make you look stupid.

Look at the post.

Dont you think he should find out 1st whether she is serious or not? I mean, that's the least you can do for a friend, right? I wouldn't want to screw over a freind because I wasn't clear how they felt about something, would you?

It's common sense, and common decency.

I thought my advice covered both senarios. It was good advice that I would give to someone that was a good friend. Reguardless whether you like the advice, or what was intimated in that advice, you have to admit it was advice that took both sides into consideration.

But once again, I covered both sets of circumstances.

Ecto-I
11-17-2009, 05:21 PM
I only assume that because he doesn't know they are not.

Usually, that means he's full of shit.

Thinking with your dick can make you look stupid.

Look at the post.

Dont you think he should find out 1st whether she is serious or not? I mean, that's the least you can do for a friend, right? I wouldn't want to screw over a freind because I wasn't clear how they felt about something, would you?

It's common sense, and common decency.

I thought my advice covered both senarios. It was good advice that I would give to someone that was a good friend. Reguardless whether you like the advice, or what was intimated in that advice, you have to admit it was advice that took both sides into consideration.

But once again, I covered both sets of circumstances.

But what if it's something as innocent as a cup of coffee? Assuming, I don't put any moves on this girl, is it really necessary to clarify my position with Girl #1?

CrazyHorse
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
But what if it's something as innocent as a cup of coffee? Assuming, I don't put any moves on this girl, is it really necessary to clarify my position with Girl #1?

Not at all.

But if that is your intention....to at some point date this girl, then you should at least know where your current relationship is. Even if it isn't serious for you, it may be for her. If it is serious for her, finding out about you and someone else will hurt her.

If you care about her, you wouldn't want to hurt her.

But you and I both know from your previous post that a cup of coffee is not your intention. Which is fine. But you need to be considerate of those you care about around you. You wouldn't want it done to you.

Just a word of caution. It wont get easier to resist the new girl after a cup of coffee. It wont get easier than it is right now. Be careful moving forward.

Good luck.

DaneMcCloud
11-17-2009, 08:55 PM

What girl wouldn't?

luv
11-17-2009, 10:00 PM
After six weeks, I would think you would know how the current girl feels about dating other people. If you're feeling the slightest bit guilty about going out with the new girl and having the current girl find out, then don't do it. At least not without being upfront with the current girl. If you think the current girl will be fine with it, should she find out, then I say go for it. I wouldn't sleep with the new girl until you end it with the current girl.

All hypothetical on my part. I can't remember when my last date was, so I may be out of tune with current dating practices.

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
If you really like this chick then it may not be worth it...but otherwise go for it and see what happens.

Ecto-I
11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Appreciate the honest advice (including the 12 of you who want me to go after Dr. Bunsen Honeydew aka the Gaz, and ESPECIALLY the 13 or you who support the menage a trois!)

Well I'm pretty sure the girl I'm dating wouldn't be all too thrilled if she knew I was dating someone else. Truthfully, I wouldn't be thrilled if she was going out with someone else either. I guess I want to have my cake and eat it too. Damn the male biology!

In breaking news, girl #2 has been very "texty" today. I've dodged any sort of commitment to hang out thus far. The Problem? Being elusive makes girls even more attracted to you, and now I've got a live one on my hands whether I like it or not.

I suppose this isn't the worst problem to have though ;)

BY1401
11-18-2009, 06:47 AM
What girl wouldn't?

The type that you should stay far, far away from.

Shaid
11-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Come on, man.

This.

Fairplay
11-18-2009, 07:18 AM
In breaking news, girl #2 has been very "texty" today.

I wouldn't consider this news by any stretch of the imagination.

DumbHillbillies
11-18-2009, 08:35 AM

Only essential requirement is that you are comfortable with rejection. If you have that then hit on everything that looks good to you. Eventually something will pan out.

DumbHillbillies
11-18-2009, 08:42 AM
This reminds me of a buddy in college that broke up with his girlfriend. They ran into each other in a bar and got into ANOTHER fight. It got heated and he said something like, "I just needed to find some new pussy!" She replied, "If your dick was longer you'd have found some new pussy!" She won.

ROFL. That was a good one.

ChiefButthurt
11-18-2009, 10:04 AM

I call BS.