PDA

View Full Version : Life Police Taze 10 year old girl?

NewChief
11-17-2009, 12:08 PM
This happened nearby, and it seems a little crazy. Anyone ever heard of police tazing someone this young?

http://www.ozarksunbound.com/ozarks-police-use-taser-on-10-year-old-girl-cf/7327?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OzarksUnbound+%28Ozarks+Unbound%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

Ozark police use taser on 10-year-old girl | CF
Clipped Fresh By Christopher Spencer on November 17, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Police Officer Uses Taser On 10-Year-Old Girl Local News Story KHBS NW Arkansas.

FROM THE ARTICLE: Ozark police said they were called to a home where a mother asked for help with her unruly child, but the 10-year-olds father said hes outraged at the force police used against his daughter.

I would like to say Ozark police Tased this little girl right here. Ten years old and [they] shot electricity through her body, and I want to know how the heck in Gods green earth can they get away with this, said the girls father, Anthony Medlock.

loochy
11-17-2009, 12:10 PM
ROFL

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
This happened nearby, and it seems a little crazy. Anyone ever heard of police tazing someone this young?

http://www.ozarksunbound.com/ozarks-police-use-taser-on-10-year-old-girl-cf/7327?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OzarksUnbound+%28Ozarks+Unbound%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

That's terrible no matter what the circumstances. You can't taze a child. Unless the little bastard deserves. In all seriousness though that just ain't right.

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Spare the electrode and spoil the child.

NewChief
11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
That's terrible no matter what the circumstances. You can't taze a child. Unless the little bastard deserves. In all seriousness though that just ain't right.

Okay. In all fairness, the full story (http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.html) mentions that she kicked the cop in the nuts.

GloryDayz
I bet she stopped doing whatever she was told to stop doing (once she stopped flopping around)!!

But how would you like to be that cop back at the precinct!!! He'll never live this one down unless they find out the girl had a weapon..

Rausch
Be sweet if they tazed mine...

GloryDayz
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Be sweet if they tazed mine...

I think we all have those days!!! ROFL

mcan
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
Wait, a mother called the police on her 10 year old girl??? Something is amiss.

Regardless though, that's WAY too much force for a child. Just pulling out your baton and getting in her face would be enough to scare the piss out of her. If not, cuff her... that would still make headlines probably... but I could see it happening if the kid were flying off the handle and hitting the cops and stuff...

In the end, it sounds like her parents and the people around her community (judging from the cops anyway) are idiots. Doesn't surprise me at all that the kid misbehaves...
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
To serve and protect you and yours. What a shame. Why are these cops never FIRED?

Redrum_69
11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
this is shocking news

Rausch
11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
So.............we know nothing about the situation.

We don't know if she was 8'2" or not, holding a flaming trident or not, full of the AIDS or not.

Do not rush to judge people...

Redrum_69
11-17-2009, 12:25 PM
this is revolting

Mr. Laz
11-17-2009, 12:26 PM
i'm sure the girl was a criminal threat to the cop's life.

Bwana
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
You can't taze a child.

Evidently they CAN and DID. I bet the little nut kicker doesn't try that again.

Rausch
i'm sure the girl was a criminal threat to the cop's life.

Fuck'n a she was...

Rain Man
Okay. In all fairness, the full story (http://www.4029tv.com/news/21638427/detail.html) mentions that she kicked the cop in the nuts.

I would've shot her with my big police shotgun in that situation.

BigChiefFan

We don't know if she was 8'2" or not, holding a flaming trident or not, full of the AIDS or not.

Do not rush to judge people...Short of branishing a weapon against the cops, I don't need the full details. She's TEN YEARS OLD. There is no justification. They are there to HELP the situation, not escalate it.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-17-2009, 12:28 PM
Just another punk motherfucker with a badge and a gun.

loochy
11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
She learned an important life lesson that day about obeying the cops and her parents.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__MOBch_7Abo/SnZKW7KWoYI/AAAAAAAAAoc/Z0X6FoWToGs/s400/Electrocuted.jpg

Rausch
11-17-2009, 12:30 PM
She learned an important life lesson that day about obeying the cops and her parents.

Ziggity!
ROFL

blazzin311
11-17-2009, 12:40 PM

Good for her. Cop had it coming. If you're a cop you've got it coming is what I've seen from my experiences. Most cops are douches. Not all of them. But most of em.

Just another punk mother****er with a badge and a gun.

Indeed sir.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/__MOBch_7Abo/SnZKW7KWoYI/AAAAAAAAAoc/Z0X6FoWToGs/s400/Electrocuted.jpg

ROFL

Fish
11-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Hello 911?

Yes... I need help disciplining my child. Yes I'm serious, why? What do you mean "I'm the parent, I should discipline them?"

Well I can't get her to be quiet. She needs to be quiet. Yes I tried that.

Well can't you just send somebody?

ZAP!

Wait, that's not what I meant! Abuse!! Abuse!!!

Rausch
11-17-2009, 12:50 PM
Hello 911?

Yes... I need help disciplining my child. Yes I'm serious, why? What do you mean "I'm the parent, I should discipline them?"

Well I can't get her to be quiet. She needs to be quiet. Yes I tried that.

Well can't you just send somebody?

ZAP!

Wait, that's not what I meant! Abuse!! Abuse!!!

"I'm sorry M'am but the easiest way to prevent this type of thing going forward is to shock the child sterile..."

bevischief
11-17-2009, 12:51 PM

ROFL

Fish
11-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Do they make those in a child sized collar?

unothadeal
11-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Couldn't have just bear hugged the little cunt?

Mr. Flopnuts
11-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Did he have to do that? No. But she kicked him in the balls. She learned a valuable lesson today.

CrazyPhuD
11-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Who wants to bet the kid was 300+ lbs.

Pestilence
11-17-2009, 01:24 PM
STAY DOWN BITCH!!!!

beach tribe
11-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Just like a pig.

SCARED OF A TEN YEAR OLD GIRL!!!!

"Gotta taze this crazy bitch, and get her under control"

Fuck you pigs, and your tazers.

And your superiority complexes caused by cutting off the circulation to your brain, and balls because your shirt is too tight.

GloryDayz
11-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Just like a pig.

**** you pigs, and your tazers.

And your superiority complexes caused by cutting off the circulation to your brain, and balls because your shirt is too tight.

More than one run-in huh?

OnTheWarpath58
11-17-2009, 01:34 PM
The officer's statement said Kiara's mother, Kelly Hamlert, told him to use a Taser on her if he needed to.

Interesting.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Another of these debates, I'm sooo getting tired of them. you weren't there, you don't know. Tasers aren't some mythical creature that kills by electric waves and attack in the middle of dinner when no one is looking. I love how Dangerous people think it is. On the surface this looks abnormal, thus the news story and the thread, but we don't know if it was excessive or not and we don't know the whole story.

dammit I wish the chiefs were playing better....

OnTheWarpath58
11-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Another of these debates, I'm sooo getting tired of them. you weren't there, you don't know. Tasers aren't some mythical creature that kills by electric waves and attack in the middle of dinner when no one is looking. I love how Dangerous people think it is. On the surface this looks abnormal, thus the news story and the thread, but we don't know if it was excessive or not and we don't know the whole story.

This.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Just like a pig.

Fuck you pigs, and your tazers.

you've been wearing the bracelets a few times, huh? stop fucking up and everything would be fine....

tooge
11-17-2009, 01:37 PM
leave the punishment of my child to me. I'm glad that crap doesn't happen to me. There would have been one tazed cop on my kitchen floor and I'd be makin bail about now.

ClevelandBronco
11-17-2009, 01:38 PM

The Chiefs playing better doesn't necessarily make these twits any smarter.

ClevelandBronco
11-17-2009, 01:39 PM
leave the punishment of my child to me...

A fine idea IF HER FREAKING MOTHER DOESN'T CALL THE COPS.

OnTheWarpath58
11-17-2009, 01:40 PM
A fine idea IF HER FREAKING MOTHER DOESN'T CALL THE COPS.

And tell the cops to Tazer her if necessary.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM

I hate when reason prevails and I can't just throw out some random drunken nonsense...

Simply Red
11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
LIL BITCH SHOULD LEARN TO MIND 'EM.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 01:43 PM
The Chiefs playing better doesn't necessarily make these twits any smarter.

could it be course for deflection though?

Pants
11-17-2009, 01:44 PM
What would have the poor cop done back in the 80's? JFC. A cop can't subdue an unruly child without tazing? Seriously?

beach tribe
11-17-2009, 01:46 PM
you've been wearing the bracelets a few times, huh? stop ****ing up and everything would be fine....

I spent the night in jail once ten years ago, for PD. No big deal I don't even remember it.

But I did call the cops on a 50 yr old woman about 5'3" 120 lbs not too long back while I was bartending on a Sunday, for cursing at me, accidentally breaking a glass, and not paying her tab.

The officer shows up, and tells the woman to either pay for her tab, and leave, or she was going to jail. She started mumbling some shit, and he said you have till the count of 5.

The dude was HUGE, but this lady must have bee a real threat to his safety, just like a 10 yr old girl, cause when he got to 5, he jerked her ass out of the chair, slammed her head on the ground, and jammed his knee on top of it.

I said damn man, do you think you really had to "YOU WANNA TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB!!!!!" " BACK THE FUCK UP, OR YOU'LL BE RIDING WITH HER"

I was on the other side of the bar for pete's sake, but I knew to shut my mouth, and walk away, cause yea, he would have beat my ass just for opening my mouth,

Coffee, I'm sorry if i offended you, I'm sure you're a good cop, but you got some fucked up whacked out MFers that are in the same profession as you.

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2009, 01:50 PM
I spent the night in jail once ten years ago, for PD. No big deal I don't even remember it.

But I did call the cops on a 50 yr old woman about 5'3" 120 lbs not too long back while I was bartending on a Sunday, for cursing at me, accidentally breaking a glass, and not paying her tab.

The officer shows up, and tells the woman to either pay for her tab, and leave, or she was going to jail. She started mumbling some shit, and he said you have till the count of 5.

The dude was HUGE, but this lady must have bee a real threat to his safety, just like a 10 yr old girl, cause when he got to 5, he jerked her ass out of the chair, slammed her head on the ground, and jammed his knee on top of it.

I said damn man, do you think you really had to "YOU WANNA TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB!!!!!" " BACK THE **** UP, OR YOU'LL BE RIDING WITH HER"

I was on the other side of the bar for pete's sake, but I knew to shut my mouth, and walk away, cause yea, he would have beat my ass just for opening my mouth,

Coffee, I'm sorry if i offended you, I'm sure you're a good cop, but you got some ****ed up whacked out MFers that are in the same profession as you.
What in the world could he have arrested you for?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-17-2009, 02:03 PM
What in the world could he have arrested you for?

Interference with a police officer for one.

That happens a lot when you go to arrest one person (usually intoxicated) and their (mom, brother, girlfriend, boyfriend) jumps in to "help out". Usually winds up with two people going downtown instead of one because someone (usually well intoxicated themself) doesn't know enough to go sit down and stay out of it.

loochy
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
What would have the poor cop done back in the 80's? JFC. A cop can't subdue an unruly child without tazing? Seriously?

It's better than a physical struggle in which both parties might be injured.

Just taze 'em from a distance and it wears off in a little bit while they think about how much that sucked.

KCChiefsMan
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
I'm all for police brutality on stupid people, but not on children. That cop should get f*cked up

QuikSsurfer
11-17-2009, 02:08 PM
Just shocking

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 02:10 PM

I said damn man, do you think you really had to "YOU WANNA TELL ME HOW TO DO MY JOB!!!!!" " BACK THE FUCK UP, OR YOU'LL BE RIDING WITH HER"

Coffee, I'm sorry if i offended you, I'm sure you're a good cop, but you got some fucked up whacked out MFers that are in the same profession as you.

I remember having a conversation about this one before, I agree, there are shitbags the world over, including the bitch that wasnt' paying her tab, and a few bartenders I've run into before, politicians, etc etc.....

you weren't the only one, with the F-pigs comments, it just the topic of any police action not agreed on by everyone becomes just that, F-cops and so on. it's old.....

gblowfish
11-17-2009, 02:11 PM
I've been to Ozark, Arkansas.
I'm surprised the police have tasers,
even more surprised they have the electricity to operate them.

Iowanian
11-17-2009, 02:12 PM
Spare the Cattle Prod, Spoil the Future Broad

loochy
11-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Just shocking

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Frd53vbCHLg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Frd53vbCHLg&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Radar Chief
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
Damn, who here can edit gifs to remove the graduation cap and replace it with pigtails?

Iowanian
11-17-2009, 02:15 PM
I'll bet after they win the absurd lawsuit, the celebratory endzone dance will be the ...electric slide

BigChiefFan
11-17-2009, 02:35 PM
Small increments in the news to get the mass populace conditioned to accept this behavior.

I can't believe anybody could justify this behavior against a 10 year old. WAKE UP!

DeezNutz
11-17-2009, 02:36 PM
STAY DOWN BITCH!!!!

Yep. Was looking for this. LMAO.

Pants
11-17-2009, 02:37 PM
It's better than a physical struggle in which both parties might be injured.

Just taze 'em from a distance and it wears off in a little bit while they think about how much that sucked.

LOL, it wouldn't be a struggle. We're talking about a FUCKING 10 YEAR OLD GIRL!!! Jeeeesus.

tooge
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I dont care if her mom called and then asked them to taze the kid. It's a freakin kid. If a cop cant control a freakin 10 year old kid without tazing them, then its time for another profession. JFC, this is ridiculous. Cop should have told the mother that there is no way he is tazing a kid and used his "training" in subduing a criminal to immobilize the child. Lame lame lame lame lame.

loochy
11-17-2009, 02:50 PM
LOL, it wouldn't be a struggle. We're talking about a FUCKING 10 YEAR OLD GIRL!!! Jeeeesus.

Dude check out this video.

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/91995/gymjox.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_91995"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/91995/gymjox/">Gymjox</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">The best free videos are right here</a></font>

That is a 6 year old! Just imagine what could happen in 4 more years! I am AFRAID of 10 year olds. Geez.

Frazod
11-17-2009, 02:58 PM
It may have been said already, but if some moron has to call the cops because she can't properly discipline a 10-year-old kid, maybe the cops should taser HER.

Lzen
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM

I admit it. I laughed at this. Am I going to Hell for that?

Otter
11-17-2009, 03:23 PM

Do not rush to judge people...

You must be new here. Welcome to Chiefsplanet!

JD10367
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Don't taze me, <strike>bro!</strike> ma!

Radar Chief
11-17-2009, 03:29 PM

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/91995/gymjox.swf" width="400" height="345" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" name="Metacafe_91995"> </embed><br><font size = 1><a href="http://www.metacafe.com/watch/91995/gymjox/">Gymjox</a> - <a href="http://www.metacafe.com/">The best free videos are right here</a></font>

That is a 6 year old! Just imagine what could happen in 4 more years! I am AFRAID of 10 year olds. Geez.

That must be an old video. Hes grown up quite a bit since then.

http://www.richardsandrak.com/

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Interference with a police officer for one.

That happens a lot when you go to arrest one person (usually intoxicated) and their (mom, brother, girlfriend, boyfriend) jumps in to "help out". Usually winds up with two people going downtown instead of one because someone (usually well intoxicated themself) doesn't know enough to go sit down and stay out of it.Really? Talking can be construed as "interference?"

bsp4444
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
"I'm sorry M'am but the easiest way to prevent this type of thing going forward is to shock the child sterile..."

Should go ahead and shock the parents sterile. If they can't control their children, they shouldn't have them.

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2009, 03:33 PM
you weren't the only one, with the F-pigs comments, it just the topic of any police action not agreed on by everyone becomes just that, F-cops and so on. it's old.....I would guess that if the cops stopped acting like assholes, the "old" discussions would decrease in frequency. Just a hunch.

BIG_DADDY
11-17-2009, 04:06 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all.

Demonpenz
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
he showed her Watts up

PunkinDrublic
11-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Bet she thinks twice next time she decides to try and cry to get Hannah Montana tickets.

Micjones
11-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Wonder how cops did their jobs before they had tasers?

Sure... Some three year old headbutts you? Taze him.
Makes sense.

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm all for police brutality on stupid people, but not on children. That cop should get f*cked up

What's your position on stupid children? That appears to be a gray area.

loochy
11-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Wonder how cops did their jobs before they had tasers?

Sure... Some three year old headbutts you? Taze him.
Makes sense.

They just beat people back then. Now they can do it the high tech safe way.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 05:13 PM
I would guess that if the cops stopped acting like assholes, the "old" discussions would decrease in frequency. Just a hunch.

we don't know much about what really happened, and the first comments some people make is the same as always, that's the "old discussion", how many cops would you guess are in AR? and then compare that number to how many in AR we've seen in the news for any suspecious/questionable activity. The "All cops are pigs" statements based on these few news stories is full on retarded. If you don't get that, then I've given you too much credit to date, and for that I'll adjust my respect level for you.

Now, we don't know what happened here. I'm a parent and agree I don't like the idea of my 10 or 13 year old being tased, for any reason. But then again, I'm not calling the cops for anything they ever do either, so - I'd have to adjust my frame of reference for this parent of the year nominee and try to wonder how bad this 10 year old is/was being.

It's quite easy to sit your ass at the computer and say "the cop shouldn't do that" but it really is this simple. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE FACTORS ARE AT PLAY HERE. trying to tackle a 10 year old could have caused more damage than tasing. The facts on the taser are so grossly overblown on this damn site whenever this topic comes up.

chiefbowe82
11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I once seen a cop get tazed

alanm
11-17-2009, 05:26 PM

<embed src="http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/91995/gymjox.swf" wmode="transparent" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" name="Metacafe_91995" height="345" width="400">
Gymjox (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/91995/gymjox/) - The best free videos are right here (http://www.metacafe.com/)

That is a 6 year old! Just imagine what could happen in 4 more years! I am AFRAID of 10 year olds. Geez. With that bun hairdo I think the kid went teh gay on them.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I once seen a cop get tazed

I've seen a few. Most city/state policies dictate that any cop who carries a taser has been tased....

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 05:43 PM

I'm tired of these conversations also. Because in each case, you say the same fucking thing. You tell others they don't know the whole story, then you dispassionately exonerate the behavior of the LEO.
It's the incredible stupid, blind, defense of idiots that riles up law abiding citizens.
You're correct about one thing: Tasers are not some mythical creature. They are real, and wielded by some fucking LEO idiots who can't handle a ten year old back woods stump jumper with a temper in any way other than jamming some amperage in her ass.
Perhaps you can tell us all the physiological issues that arise when a person is tased.

I've got time.

Brock
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I'm tired of these conversations also. Because in each case, you say the same fucking thing. You tell others they don't know the whole story, then you dispassionately exonerate the behavior of the LEO.
It's the incredible stupid, blind, defense of idiots that riles up law abiding citizens.

That.

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 05:51 PM
On a more positive note I bet her taser marks will be a hit at show and tell.

Redrum_69
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
I bet she was a fan of the Chargers

Redrum_69
11-17-2009, 06:19 PM
and her dad probably had all the Voltron characters

Saggysack
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
That poor officer. He will be forever known as the pussy who had to taze a 10yr old unarmed girl.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 06:21 PM
You're correct about one thing: Tasers are not some mythical creature. They are real, and wielded by some fucking LEO idiots who can't handle a ten year old back woods stump jumper with a temper in any way other than jamming some amperage in her ass.
Perhaps you can tell us all the physiological issues that arise when a person is tased.

I've got time.

It's not stupid blind defense, it's what I'd call rational thought, I want to know facts before I say someone did something right or wrong. Apparently you and a few others are the only ones that know everything there is to know about these incidents.

I never dispassionately exonerated any LEO, in fact I've passionately championed for many of the LEO's that some of CP are so quick to condemn. I say you don't realize what it's like to wear a badge because I've worn one and it's not all ego trips and superiority complexes. I share for the discussion that side of the opinions that are not being represented.

If he had put his hands on the flopping fit throwing kid and dislocated her wrist you'd probably be all over the cop for that. Quite possibly his department could have been too, because the taser is usually before "hands on" in every force continuum policies I've ever seen.

You, sir, are the kind of person that would bitch about the LEO just to bitch about them. And as far as your request for info on the taser, take a class, do the research yourself. I'm not here to teach when I know you aren't truely interested....

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 06:30 PM
When I was a kid they didn't have tasers. If you were causing trouble they had to throw a car battery at you.

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 06:36 PM
When I was a kid they didn't have tasers. If you were causing trouble they had to throw a car battery at you.

I don't know about many others, but when I messed up as a kid, my dad would give me a spanking, now days you can't do that anymore either, the world is certainly failing at teaching individual responsibilties.

JASONSAUTO
11-17-2009, 06:37 PM
I don't know about many others, but when I messed up as a kid, my dad would give me a spanking, now days you can't do that anymore either, the world is certainly failing at teaching individual responsibilties.

bullshit, my little ones step out of line i'm not scared to whip em...

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 06:41 PM
bullshit, my little ones step out of line i'm not scared to whip em...

a few years back when I moved to STL, my ex didn't like the idea of sharing airfare and got the idea she could accuse me of abuse to revoke my parental rights, even though I know she and her new husband used belts for corporal punishment. In the end nothing really came of it except one ruined christmas visit, legal costs, and a court order for no more spankings in either household....

JASONSAUTO
11-17-2009, 06:44 PM
a few years back when I moved to STL, my ex didn't like the idea of sharing airfare and got the idea she could accuse me of abuse to revoke my parental rights, even though I know she and her new husband used belts for corporal punishment. In the end nothing really came of it except one ruined christmas visit, legal costs, and a court order for no more spankings in either household....

hey a spanking with your hand if ok in my book. not a belt or anything else, but a hand....

Jenson71
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
hey a spanking with your hand if ok in my book. not a belt or anything else, but a hand....

One time my dad gave me a backhand punch thing to the face, and I started bleeding, and then he told me he'd do it again if I got blood on the carpet.

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2009, 06:52 PM
we don't know much about what really happened, and the first comments some people make is the same as always, that's the "old discussion", how many cops would you guess are in AR? and then compare that number to how many in AR we've seen in the news for any suspecious/questionable activity. The "All cops are pigs" statements based on these few news stories is full on retarded. If you don't get that, then I've given you too much credit to date, and for that I'll adjust my respect level for you.

Now, we don't know what happened here. I'm a parent and agree I don't like the idea of my 10 or 13 year old being tased, for any reason. But then again, I'm not calling the cops for anything they ever do either, so - I'd have to adjust my frame of reference for this parent of the year nominee and try to wonder how bad this 10 year old is/was being.

It's quite easy to sit your ass at the computer and say "the cop shouldn't do that" but it really is this simple. YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE FACTORS ARE AT PLAY HERE. trying to tackle a 10 year old could have caused more damage than tasing. The facts on the taser are so grossly overblown on this damn site whenever this topic comes up.I never said all cops are pigs and am not sure how many people here did. Perhaps you could provide that answer.

I do know that some cops are assholes, thus my statement. If you don't get that, then I've given you too much credit to date, and for that I'll adjust my respect level for you.

underEJ
11-17-2009, 07:12 PM
It's not stupid blind defense, it's what I'd call rational thought, I want to know facts before I say someone did something right or wrong.

This is exactly the missing ingredient in alot of people's interactions with law enforcement, and to be fair just because somebody has interactions doesn't mean they are a criminal. I am a CASA worker, and I have seen some really messed up stuff by dangerous suspects that was handled absolutely perfectly by some police.

I have also seen just about as many, not 1:1, but not far off, really messed up actions by police officers who don't employ your rational thought. Children are more often mistreated by law enforcement than I would ever have dared to imagine prior to starting this work, both at the time of incidents, and in custody.

Too often, procedure has replaced reason on the law side, and emotional reaction has replaced it on the public side. I don't know where it goes from here, but it's only getting worse, both for good cops, and for law abiding citizens.

JASONSAUTO
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
One time my dad gave me a backhand punch thing to the face, and I started bleeding, and then he told me he'd do it again if I got blood on the carpet.

hey i got that too!:D

chiefbowe82
11-17-2009, 07:24 PM
I've seen a few. Most city/state policies dictate that any cop who carries a taser has been tased....

Yeah our cops got tazers, and had a presentation about them. Apparently our town of 1,800 needs them. Anyway they tazed an officer during their presentation of them.

OnTheWarpath58
11-17-2009, 07:39 PM
Small increments in the news to get the mass populace conditioned to accept this behavior.

I can't believe anybody could justify this behavior against a 10 year old. WAKE UP!

Are people justifying the behavior, or are they refraining from passing judgment because they don't know all the facts?

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
It's not stupid blind defense, it's what I'd call rational thought, I want to know facts before I say someone did something right or wrong. Apparently you and a few others are the only ones that know everything there is to know about these incidents.

I never dispassionately exonerated any LEO, in fact I've passionately championed for many of the LEO's that some of CP are so quick to condemn. I say you don't realize what it's like to wear a badge because I've worn one and it's not all ego trips and superiority complexes. I share for the discussion that side of the opinions that are not being represented.

If he had put his hands on the flopping fit throwing kid and dislocated her wrist you'd probably be all over the cop for that. Quite possibly his department could have been too, because the taser is usually before "hands on" in every force continuum policies I've ever seen.

I know this much: Tasing after leaving yourself open for a kick in the coin purse is nothing more than retaliation by shitty cop.

You, sir, are the kind of person that would bitch about the LEO just to bitch about them. And as far as your request for info on the taser, take a class, do the research yourself. I'm not here to teach when I know you aren't truely interested...

Yea, so your one day seminar says it's okay, tasers are harmless. Next time, just say you don't have any idea what they do or how they do it. At least then you'll be telling the truth.

If any other person in the community besides a cop administered this kind of discipline, they'd be escorted to jail.

I wish the officer well. In his next career.

WilliamTheIrish
11-17-2009, 08:13 PM
And Coffee, one other thing: I'm as law abiding a human as you will find on this earth. And I'm wise enough to understand we disagree -vehemently - on this issue and most other LE issues.

That doesn't mean I think you would do this. And it doesn't mean that I dislike or disrespect you as a gentleman.
It means that there are an increasing number of LEO's who are ill equipped for the job. It's not officer O'Leary walking a beat anymore.

scott free
11-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Something is dreadfully off with these parents and kid.

But this is so disgraceful, so dangerous... do taser companies test on 10 year olds?, that its hard to fathom, this 'police officer' couldnt have even put her in cuffs? & MADE her sit, say or do anything before resorting to potentially lethal force on a 10!? year old.

These ****ing tasers, its far outta control... its pussies using them as crutches when a some smart/ballsy police work is whats called for.

These things shouldnt be in the hands of every 'cop', it reminds me of the old joke... What do you call a medical student who graduated last in his class?...Doctor.

...or Policeman.

RJ
11-17-2009, 09:23 PM
Wasn't there a thread here a few weeks ago about Ozark cops behaving badly? Anyone recall that?

crazycoffey
11-17-2009, 09:33 PM
And Coffee, one other thing: I'm as law abiding a human as you will find on this earth. And I'm wise enough to understand we disagree -vehemently - on this issue and most other LE issues.

That doesn't mean I think you would do this. And it doesn't mean that I dislike or disrespect you as a gentleman.
It means that there are an increasing number of LEO's who are ill equipped for the job. It's not officer O'Leary walking a beat anymore.

ah, I'm in a crappy mood today, hell the last week, anyway. I agree we disagree on alot of these issues, but I'd sure as hell still share a beer and watch the chiefs loose any day of the week with you bro, hope it didn't come off any differently. And it's more than a day seminar on that damn thing, I personally don't like it and when given the choice will leave that damn thing in the locker room. Even the damn military is moving to this crap, had ANOTHER class just last week during some detainee ops training. whatever, though neither here nor there, just didn't want to talk about this topic so long.

and to Pitt, I misused the quotation marks, wasn't trying to quote it like it was something I read you say, more as a generalized sentiment of several posters opinions. that's the only miscommunication I see from my end....

To all others, I've said here today that as a parent I don't like the idea of my kids being tased either, and I've never said it was ok for this officer to do this, I've simply said we don't know all the facts. I think it could be very plausable that the officer would have been in more trouble for putting hands on the minor subject than using a taser. And it is because of how reason has been replaced by procedure, and that sentiment can and has given an otherwise sensible person the feeling of being handcuffed, so to speak.

Scott, taser are not responsible for any death, not on any death certificate, and taser int has not lost any liable suit. It's an unpleasant feeling, and that's about it. I'd rather be tased than maced, any day of the week.

RJ
11-17-2009, 09:42 PM
There have always been bad cops, just like there have always been criminal psychopaths. They just all get more attention these days. When I was a teenager, cops fucked with us all the time for no reason. And sometimes with good reason. But back then, our parents told us it was our own fault for being dumb shits.

I think it's probably better now that police need to be at least somewhat accountable for their actions. Back then they could get away with anything.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Really? Talking can be construed as "interference?"

Actually, yes.

If you distract the police officer, they may miss something happening around them, the perpetrator slipping something out of their pocket to either hide it or else to use it as a weapon, another person slipping up on them from the other direction, etc.

Yeah, when something is going down, for the officer's safety, it's almost always best to stay back and to stay quiet.

Pitt Gorilla
11-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Actually, yes.

If you distract the police officer, they may miss something happening around them, the perpetrator slipping something out of their pocket to either hide it or else to use it as a weapon, another person slipping up on them from the other direction, etc.

Yeah, when something is going down, for the officer's safety, it's almost always best to stay back and to stay quiet.If that distracts the officer, I'd hate to see the charges brought against a piece of tin foil.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-18-2009, 07:53 AM
If that distracts the officer, I'd hate to see the charges brought against a piece of tin foil.

:rolleyes:

I've never been a cop, but my few experiences in taking and holding POWs (and this was just training against OPFOR) tells me that it only takes a split second to go from captor to captive (or dead) if you get distracted.

I personally wouldn't want to do what the average cop goes through.

How my brother has done this for over 20 years as a Boone Co Deputy Sherrif and then a Highway Patrolman is amazing. I was never so glad when I heard he got picked up to teach at the Academy and isn't on patrol any more.

Hydrae
11-18-2009, 09:48 AM
I thought the purpose of a taser was in lieu of deadly force. If that is true, was this cop on the verge of thinking he was going to need to use deadly force to subdue this child?

loochy
11-18-2009, 09:57 AM
I bet she's a Chargers fan.

Fish
11-18-2009, 09:59 AM
:rolleyes:

I've never been a cop, but my few experiences in taking and holding POWs (and this was just training against OPFOR) tells me that it only takes a split second to go from captor to captive (or dead) if you get distracted.

Do you think this 10 year old girl was going to turn the cop into a captive and possibly kill him then?

MOhillbilly
11-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Do you think this 10 year old girl was going to turn the cop into a captive and possibly kill him then?

stranger shit has happened. cops- some are good and some aint.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-18-2009, 10:17 AM

I was not speaking about the Tasing.

I was referring back to why a cop yelled at one of the boardmembers to back off while he was dealing with a drunk patron who wasn't going to pay their bar tab, in response to further questions by PittGorilla. (Definitely a side topic that came up.)

Speaking of distractions, while I was on a ride along, I did witness a 13 year old try to grab a knife to threaten my brother. Jeff was sent out to his house to pick him up and return him to Juvenile Hall because he'd failed to return after a weekend furlough.

While Jeff dealt with the kid, I had to step in-between him and the kid's mother who was going to try and grab Jeff to protect her son, which possibly would have opened Jeff up to be stabbed.

So, yeah, if I (the civilian ride-along) hadn't been there, the situation could have escalated way out of control, and this was before tasers or pepper spray were standard equipment. Luckily, it worked out that the kid only got a knot on his wrist (5-cell flashlights make good disarming tools) and the situation resolved itself without more charges and more people going to jail that evening.

So, yes, well-meaning people do interfere with police officers and yes, there can be bad results (on both sides) when it happens.

NewChief
11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
FYI: Cop got fired.

http://thecabin.net/news/2009-11-30/ozark-officer-who-used-taser-girl-fired

Ozark officer who used Taser on girl fired

LITTLE ROCK (AP) The mayor of a small Arkansas town says the police officer who used a Taser on an unruly 10-year-old girl has been fired for not using the camera attached to the stun gun.

Ozark Mayor Vernon McDaniel said Monday that Officer Dustin Bradshaw was terminated, effective last Friday. The mayor said he received notice of Bradshaw's firing on Monday morning.

According to a police report, Bradshaw used the Taser on the girl on Nov. 11 after receiving a call about a domestic disturbance. The report says the girl's mother gave Bradshaw permission to use the stun gun if he needed to.

A phone listing for Bradshaw couldn't immediately be found Monday. The mayor says Bradshaw will still receive unpaid vacation and holiday time.

Slainte
11-30-2009, 01:47 PM
FYI: Cop got fired

Well, at least he still has the memories...

Rain Man
11-30-2009, 01:49 PM
At some point the police chief or mayor is going to be pinned beneath the knee of a screaming 10 year-old girl with a knife, and in their last moments they're going to regret that this guy is gone.

BigChiefFan
11-30-2009, 01:57 PM

LITTLE ROCK (AP) The mayor of a small Arkansas town says the police officer who used a Taser on an unruly 10-year-old girl has been fired for not using the camera attached to the stun gun.

Ozark Mayor Vernon McDaniel said Monday that Officer Dustin Bradshaw was terminated, effective last Friday. The mayor said he received notice of Bradshaw's firing on Monday morning.

According to a police report, Bradshaw used the Taser on the girl on Nov. 11 after receiving a call about a domestic disturbance. The report says the girl's mother gave Bradshaw permission to use the stun gun if he needed to.

A phone listing for Bradshaw couldn't immediately be found Monday. The mayor says Bradshaw will still receive unpaid vacation and holiday time.

Nice to see some common sense and justice.

kcfanXIII
11-30-2009, 02:15 PM

great news. now if only we could get that guy from seattle down there...