PDA

View Full Version : Life Arthur Bryant's on Travel right now: Food Wars BBQ

NewChief
11-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Right now on Travel Channel.

DenverDanChiefsFan
11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
WTF - the went to californians to judge bbq?

Reaper16
11-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I've seen this program like four times. Its uniformly awful.

BigRedChief
11-17-2009, 08:37 PM
I've seen this program like four times. Its uniformly awful.:hmmm: Irony?

NewChief
11-17-2009, 08:39 PM
I've seen this program like four times. Its uniformly awful.

Think I've seen it before as well. It didn't last long around the house. Saw the AB segment, then changed it.

Reaper16
11-17-2009, 09:54 PM
:hmmm: Irony?
I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan. I'm used to watching terrible things over and over again.

BigMeatballDave
11-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm a Royals and Chiefs fan. I'm used to watching terrible things over and over again.
ROFL:clap:

bevischief
11-18-2009, 05:43 AM

ROFL

MOhillbilly
11-18-2009, 07:50 AM
Did you know i LOVE Arthur Bryants Sweet-Heat BBQ sauce? I mean if i could afford it id just drink it like water. So FN GOOD. mmmmm, now im hungry...homer.

Scorp
11-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I thought Jack Stacks was the best BBQ in KC. Why did they not go there?

Demonpenz
11-18-2009, 09:40 AM

probably had to keep their budget under 18 bucks

Stanley Nickels
11-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Probably didn't want to wait in line for hours to get a sammich

Simply Red
11-18-2009, 09:44 AM

the age of the restaraunt, which 'in turn' will be the main attraction, even though, there may be newer and greater BBQ options in KC, regarding restaurants, those type of shows like the branding and tradition.

Demonpenz
11-18-2009, 11:00 AM
that is one good thing about Q you order and get it pretty fast

sedated
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM

tradition. and the fact that it was probably made in the early 90s and rerun a thousand times.

they should have gone to OK Joe's anyway. that's the new gold standard of KC BBQ. AB's and Gates are living off reputation and selling their sauces at the airport gift shop.

MOhillbilly
11-18-2009, 11:08 AM

someones pants are on fire.

luv
11-18-2009, 11:09 AM
tradition. and the fact that it was probably made in the early 90s and rerun a thousand times.

they should have gone to OK Joe's anyway. that's the new gold standard of KC BBQ. AB's and Gates are living off reputation and selling their sauces at the airport gift shop.

I've been to Gates and Jack Stack's, and I thought Gates was better. Next time I'm up there, I'm trying OK Joe's.

Jordan
11-18-2009, 03:57 PM
OK Joe's = Best Ribs, best sammich (Z-man), best fries (made with crack), but their other sides are horrible.

Jack Stack = Best sides, best beef ribs (Crown ribs), & fantastically great steak (esp. in Martin City)

Arthur Bryants (off 18th & Brooklyn) = Best beef in the city - their old as hell smoker really gets the flavor flowing...& their tremendous portions don't hurt either.

Gates = Best grab-n-go sammich. Tied with OKJ's for best sauces...though I may give the nod to OKJ's now (night of the living sauce & cowtown)

There are a few other winners - LC's, BB's, etc - but these are the GOLD standard.

And remember, Friends dont let friends dine at Famous Dave's....GARBAGE!

Reaper16
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
OK Joe's = Best Ribs, best sammich (Z-man), best fries (made with crack), but their other sides are horrible.

Jack Stack = Best sides, best beef ribs (Crown ribs), & fantastically great steak (esp. in Martin City)

Arthur Bryants (off 18th & Brooklyn) = Best beef in the city - their old as hell smoker really gets the flavor flowing...& their tremendous portions don't hurt either.

Gates = Best grab-n-go sammich. Tied with OKJ's for best sauces...though I may give the nod to OKJ's now (night of the living sauce & cowtown)

There are a few other winners - LC's, BB's, etc - but these are the GOLD standard.

And remember, Friends dont let friends dine at Famous Dave's....GARBAGE!
This is almost completely accurate. The post underrates L.C.'s and relegates great places like Woodyard and Smokin Guns to "etc." status if it even knows about them at all but on the whole is a good take.

[Note: I'm a snobbish asshole who thinks his own opinion is de facto the best opinion. As if I needed to write that.]

stlchiefs
11-18-2009, 04:18 PM

Because you thought wrong. :shake: OK Joes!