PDA

View Full Version : Football Johnson joined Bengals, good or bad?

Msmith
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
How does LJ's signing with Bengals affect the AFC playoff picture?

wasi
11-18-2009, 02:45 PM

LJ is no Randy Moss.

Brock
11-18-2009, 02:47 PM
Not at all.

Tribal Warfare
11-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Honestly, couldn't care less and he's not a part of the team so fuck him.

L.A. Chieffan
11-18-2009, 02:50 PM
That team will corrode from the inside much like this one did. Mark it dude.

Deberg_1990
11-18-2009, 02:54 PM

Have no idea?

It definately affects the Cincinatti club scene.

GoHuge
11-18-2009, 03:20 PM
I will only comment on the players that are here that give this team the best chance to win. Heard that from somebody out at Arrowhead :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek
11-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I thought Cinnci hada chance to darkhouse the AFC
now we shall have to see

Der Flöprer
11-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Fuck him, and fuck the Bengals.

DaKernal
11-18-2009, 11:40 PM
He will make no difference good or bad until or if he gets a chance to play.

Right now. Practice Squad.

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-18-2009, 11:43 PM
He's their 4th running back, I doubt he has any effect.

88TG88
11-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Fuck him, and fuck the Bengals.

I was thinking this right before I saw your post.

Fruit Ninja
11-18-2009, 11:48 PM
I think he will be ok over there as long as they have a line that can push off the line of scrimmage.

I dont know how the Bengals line is. I dont watch them play often or at all.

Raised On Riots
11-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Andy thinks it's a great addition but he's more of a Reds guy, Dr. Johnny Fever is indifferent, Les Nessman is quite upset, Herb is an idiot as usual, and Bailey, Jennifer, and Venus Flytrap have been invited by LJ to attend a private party at the local hot-spot for drinks and dancing.

It's a mixed bag in Cinci.

LaChapelle
11-19-2009, 04:55 AM
Colts' defense stuffs Chiefs in wild-card opener
By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY

INDIANAPOLIS — Run defense was supposed to be the Achilles' heel that doomed the Indianapolis Colts. Especially with Larry Johnson coming to town.
But that notion is so 2006.

It is indeed a new year.

"It's a new season," Colts defensive end Dwight Freeney proclaimed after a record-setting defensive performance fueled a 23-8 victory against the Kansas City Chiefs in an AFC wild-card playoff opener at the RCA Dome on Saturday afternoon.

"All those statistics? Stuff during the regular season don't matter. Last in run defense, whatever. No stats in the playoffs."

On a day when the NFL's top-rated passer, Peyton Manning, threw three interceptions and the Colts' prolific offense had three drives sputter in Chiefs' territory — twice settling for Adam Vinatieri field goals and another time turned back by an interception in the end zone — Indianapolis rode into a second-round matchup at Baltimore with its defense saving its best game for the ultimate pressure situation.

The Colts, who ranked last in the NFL in allowing 173 rushing yards per game during the regular season, held the Chiefs to 44 rushing yards, seven first downs and 126 total yards — all franchise playoff records.

Johnson, the NFL's second-leading rusher with 1,789 yards, was swarmed and gang-tackled all game — and the net result was a season-low 32 yards on 13 carries, with a long gain of six yards.

And it took the Chiefs nearly 41 minutes to make a first down.

Against the Colts' defense?

"I know our guys felt what they were capable of," said Colts coach Tony Dungy. "And we hadn't shown in a while what we were capable of. I knew they wanted to come out and play well, and they knew everything was on the line."

It was a bizarre game, but a tempo was set on the first snap of the game when Johnson took a handoff inside and was immediately tattooed by defensive tackle Raheem Brock.

The Colts (13-4) scored on their first two possessions, but early struggles were omens for the inconsistencies that plagued their offense. The first drive stalled when Manning's third-down pass over the middle for Marvin Harrison was a few feet behind the All-Pro receiver. They settled for a 48-yard field goal.

The next drive died inside the 2-yard line when Joseph Addai was stuffed on second-and-goal and a third-down play action pass by Manning sailed out of the end zone. A 19-yard chip shot made it an uncomfortable 6-0 game.

Then things really got interesting. Chiefs cornerback Ty Law— the Manning nemesis from way back who intercepted him three times in the AFC Championship Game at New England in January 2004 — picked off a pass along the sideline and returned it 43 yards.

Manning and Harrison have combined for more passing TDs than any combination in NFL history (106), but on Law's runback they hooked up to save a touchdown. Manning slowed Law just enough to allow Harrison to catch up and drag Law down at the 8-yard line. Law also collected a second pick from Manning in the third quarter.

"I told Ty Law I would be glad to introduce him at the Hall of Fame," Manning said. "I could do the introduction for him."

Despite excellent field position that had the Chiefs poised to take the lead in the second quarter, the Chiefs wound up with nothing. Quarterback Trent Green tripped after taking the snap on third-and-goal from the 2-yard line, then Lawrence Tynes' 23-yard chip-shot field goal attempt caromed off the left upright.

After the next Colts' drive ended with Jarrad Page stepping in front of a Manning pass for Aaron Moorehead in the end zone, the Chiefs went three-and-out. Indianapolis then managed a six-play, 33-yard drive that produced Vinatieri's third field goal, a 50-yarder that made it 9-0 as time expired in the first half.

"If they get us in the red zone and they don't score touchdowns, we feel we should win in that situation," said Law. "Anytime you get three interceptions and a muffed punt that was just like a turnover, you expect to win."

But the Chiefs (9-8) didn't win because there was not enough offense. Green, who finished with a 48.4 passer rating, was grossly off-target on several throws and generally feeling consistent pressure. He was sacked four times.

With the rushing game also stuffed, the Chiefs had just 18 plays in the first half and not much more in the second half. The Colts, who ranked 22nd in time of possession during the regular season and had the fewer offensive drives than any team in the league, finally managed to turn the tables of the clock game. More impressive than the 435 total yards, the Colts had 39 minutes, 23 seconds of possession, a 2-1 margin.

That's how a dominant defense can feed into the offense. Six of Kansas City's 11 possessions went three-and-out.

"Our defense was just awesome today," said Manning, who completed 30 of 38 passes for 268 yards but with the interceptions had a passer rating (71.9) nearly 30 points lower than his league-leading mark.

"They did a great job against the turnovers. Anytime you have a drive where you have to punt, you want the ball right back. Our defense, for the most part, got it right back for us. It was a real positive for our team. We made some mistakes and to not be penalized for them, the defense made up for us, stepped up for us."

Manning also had help in the form of a potent rushing game, powered primarily by Joseph Addai, who made his first start of the season a memorable one.

He upstaged the heralded Johnson as the best runner in the game, rushing 25 times for 122 yards, including a 6-yard touchdown dash in the third quarter that made it 16-0.

And if it wasn't Addai, it was the man he replaced in the starting lineup, Dominic Rhodes, slicing through a Chiefs defense that wore down as the game progressed. Rhodes had 13 rushes for 68 yards as the Colts amassed 188 yards on 40 carries.

The Colts were forced to rely on their rushing game and an awful lot of short check-down passes and throws to the middle of the field as a means to combat extensive Cover 2 schemes by the Chiefs.

Harrison, with Law in his pocket all game, had just two catches for 48 yards. The other Pro Bowl wideout, Reggie Wayne, scored on a 5-yard TD in the fourth quarter, but finished with just 36 yards on five catches. The Chiefs helped Law and fellow corner Patrick Surtain with deep help from the safeties, and the corners prevented Harrison and Wayne from stretching the field on vertical routes.

That left the middle of the field for Manning to exploit, evidenced by tight end Dallas Clark's game-high nine catches for 103 yards.

Said Law, "Peyton was smart enough to dink it and dump it. We thought they might get impatient and try to go downfield and use the two All-Pro receivers. We weren't going to let them do that. That part worked out for us. And we got turnovers. But we didn't capitalize."

The Chiefs rallied to cut the margin to 16-8 late in the third quarter when Green hit tight end Tony Gonzalez for a 6-yard touchdown and tight end Kris Wilson for the conversion.

But the Colts' defense finished its banner game with a huge fourth quarter. Two Chiefs drives were snuffed by interceptions by the safeties, Bob Sanders and Antoine Bethea. And Green was sacked three times on his next-to-last series, the drive ending with Josh Thomas recovering the Green fumble that Robert Mathis forced on the final sack.

"I'm glad the guys showed up today," Colts defensive coordinator Ron Meeks said.

Meeks said he was most impressed that his front seven didn't get pushed around, controlling the line of scrimmage. But there was much to be pleased with. His unit played fast as it swarmed, and the tackling was near-perfect.

"They played with a lot of energy," Meeks added. "They played with a purpose."

The mission is obvious for a team that has the NFL's longest current streak of playoff appearances with five, but whose current collection of personnel has yet to advance to the Super Bowl. After earning the AFC's No. 1 seed last season, they were upset by the eventual Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers in their playoff opener.

Maybe it's redemption time.

"We've been waiting all year for this," said Freeney, who had two sacks, two hurries and a forced fumble. "We've been waiting for the playoffs. We had to go out here and finish what we didn't finish last year. We're one step closer."

Posted 1/6/2007 7:21 PM ET

Rausch
11-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Not really giving a fuck here...

Rausch
11-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Colts' defense stuffs Chiefs in wild-card opener
By Jarrett Bell, USA TODAY

$#IT like this could get your ass kicked.

Just saying...

Crush
11-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the repressed memory, asshole.
Posted via Mobile Device

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Neither good or bad.

He's not a Chief anymore, so I really don't give a rat's ass what he does elsewhere.

KCbroncoHATER
11-19-2009, 09:10 AM
We will find out soon as he breaks into the starting lineup.

I think it's good for him and the Bengals.

LaChapelle
11-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Damn, get out the power washer

Iowanian
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I hope Cinci women like being pistol whipped and 100proof facials.

Earthling
11-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Im sure LJ is loving it. Its kind of nauseating to think that he might get a chance for a super bowl ring this year if Cinci goes all the way....which they might.

KCrockaholic
11-19-2009, 01:12 PM
It makes no difference. If anything it will hurt them if he wants to throw a temper tantrum.

GloryDayz
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM
I think he'll have a chance to end up with extra game checks than Todd-the-Toad's scheme surely won't offer any Chiefs this year. They won't make up for what he missed from his suspension, but it's better than nothing...

KCtotheSB
11-19-2009, 01:18 PM
It depends.

Are the Bengals going to be 2.7 yards short of a game winning touchdown in the AFC Championship game?

Earthling
11-19-2009, 01:23 PM
It depends.

Are the Bengals going to be 2.7 yards short of a game winning touchdown in the AFC Championship game?

ROFL ROFL

Simply Red
11-19-2009, 01:26 PM
That team will corrode from the inside much like this one did. Mark it dude.

Stop acting so fucking sad, L.A. Chieffan.

chiefs1111
11-19-2009, 02:33 PM
he's not here anymore that's all i care about

Msmith
11-19-2009, 02:34 PM
This (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-playoff-picture-Week-10;_ylt=AoH1TS4JME0Kq2ZdHYUuCU1DubYF?urn=nfl,203407) is the tentative playoff picture based on week 10.

As you see, the stock of the Bengals could go up if LJ performs.

GloryDayz
11-19-2009, 03:12 PM
It depends.

What's an AFC Championship game? Do they still have them? I thought they'd quit those things... ROFL

GloryDayz
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM
This (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-absurdly-premature-playoff-picture-Week-10;_ylt=AoH1TS4JME0Kq2ZdHYUuCU1DubYF?urn=nfl,203407) is the tentative playoff picture based on week 10.

LOL

Raised On Riots
11-19-2009, 03:34 PM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

"1st round bye"!!!!!!

Did somebody put LSD on the baby's head?

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 03:41 PM
ROFLROFLROFLROFL

"1st round bye"!!!!!!

Did somebody put LSD on the baby's head?

they swept the steelers

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Stop acting so fucking sad, L.A. Chieffan.

im in touch with humanity

milkman
11-19-2009, 03:58 PM
He will make no difference good or bad until or if he gets a chance to play.

Right now. Practice Squad.

No, he's not eligible for practice squad, and he would never have signed to be placed on a practice squad anyway.

ClevelandBronco
11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
they swept the steelers

And they swept the Ravens.

Raised On Riots
11-19-2009, 04:02 PM
they swept the steelers

Meh. TP comes back, game over.