PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs You think Todd Mangino is enjoying the Mark Haley controversy?

jwhit
11-19-2009, 05:57 AM
Keeps the spotlight off the Steelers home game at Arrowhead this weekend.

Dinny Blues
11-19-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi Jason

I'd like you to weigh in on something for me.

When you said anything that tastes good with ketchup tastes better with barbeque sauce, exactly what kind of bbq sauce were you talking about?

And does that go for catsup, as well?

TIA,
Dinny

Count Zarth
11-19-2009, 06:09 AM
ROFL

You so crazy, Jason.

Bearcat
11-19-2009, 06:22 AM
To: Mark Mangino
Subject: A few tips on anger management

To: Todd Haley
Subject: The backup punter: How a halftime snack and long ride home can provide extra motivation for your team

The Bad Guy
11-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Yes, because Haley is under a ton of pressure to win against the SB champs.

I wonder if Jason Bayless enjoys when Skip Whitlock acts like a fool repeatedly.

Do you get Christmas cards from Drew Bledsoe?

Stewie
11-19-2009, 06:26 AM
There are going to be two ugly games this weekend. KU/Texas and the Chiefs getting pummeled by the Stillers. The coaching sideshow could be epic.

Hydrae
11-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Hey Jason, I thought you would enjoy hearing that you were being talked about on talk radio here in Austin yesterday. They were talking about your article on Mangino and did credit it to you by name. I just thought it was interesting to read you here and then hear about it on my car ride home.

Baconeater
11-19-2009, 06:45 AM
What's with the thread title? Christ Jason, you're becoming one of us. Get out while you still can.

KCUnited
11-19-2009, 06:52 AM
cakn pasta

BigRedChief
11-19-2009, 06:53 AM
Hey, wheres my King Carl update piece?

And why have you not accepted my friendship request on Facebook? I'm emotionally hurt that we can't be friends.:harumph:

beach tribe
11-19-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm sure everyone in the Chiefs organization would welcome anything that would distract people away from what is about to happen to the Chiefs this weekend.

King_Chief_Fan
11-19-2009, 07:02 AM

You all act like all Chiefs fans have interest in what is going on at KU

Marcellus
11-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Where is your article on Bowe? Do you know when he tested positive? Was it early in TC or just before the season etc...?

Surprised you didn't suggest Haley gave Bo the diuretics to give them an excuse to get blown out against Pitt since they wont have their best offensive weapon.

What are your feelings on the Mike Brown DPOTW award?

King_Chief_Fan
11-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Where is your article on Bowe? Do you know when he tested positive? Was it early in TC or just before the season etc...?

Surprised you didn't suggest Haley gave Bo the diuretics to give them an excuse to get blown out against Pitt since they wont have their best offensive weapon.

What are your feelings on the Mike Brown DPOTW award?

I want to know if Bowe's donut was laced with the illegal substance

Marco Polo
11-19-2009, 07:32 AM
Who is Mark Haley?

TrebMaxx
11-19-2009, 07:37 AM
Who is Mark Haley?

He knows Todd Mangino.

Baconeater
11-19-2009, 07:38 AM
Who is Mark Haley?
Duh, he's the head coach of the Kansas City Jayhawks.

HemiEd
11-19-2009, 07:57 AM
This is jwhit's best effort, EVAR!!!!!

Gonzo
11-19-2009, 08:09 AM
Hey JWhit, you and Mangino in a Rib eating contest...
Who wins?

Dinny Blues
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Hey JWhit, you and Mangino in a Rib eating contest...
Who wins?

Are you talkin' miniature Mangino, or full-size Mangino?

Dinny

Gonzo
11-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Are you talkin' miniature Mangino, or full-size Mangino?

Dinny

As he sits, presently.

Phobia
11-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Hey, wheres my King Carl update piece?

And why have you not accepted my friendship request on Facebook? I'm emotionally hurt that we can't be friends.:harumph:

You don't want to be his fb friend. He censors his status updates when he's proving a point. If your response is in agreement, it stays. If it disagrees, he whacks it. That happened to me twice. Ain't gonna be no third time.

Nixhex
11-19-2009, 08:35 AM
The Chiefs will probably get their ass handed to them this weekend. Is Polamalu playing? Their defense isn't the same without him. It may not be as bad as expected.

RickObie
11-19-2009, 08:36 AM
He knows Todd Mangino.

His cousin is Jeff George!

Demonpenz
11-19-2009, 08:38 AM
It is entertaining Jwhit is here, loved him when he was all squished in between Bob Ryan and the dude who writes feel good books on the sports reporters, but I wonder why he is here. I think it's just because he is entertained by watching us react.

Donger
11-19-2009, 08:41 AM
It is entertaining Jwhit is here, loved him when he was all squished in between Bob Ryan and the dude who writes feel good books on the sports reporters, but I wonder why he is here. I think it's just because he is entertained by watching us react.

I have a horrible feeling that he furiously masturbates during these threads.

jwhit
11-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I've always posted on message boards. I'm a fan.

Bearcat
11-19-2009, 08:45 AM
I have a horrible feeling that he furiously masturbates during these threads.

The thought just crossed my mind of whether or not Hog Farmer does...

Royal Fanatic
11-19-2009, 08:46 AM
The best thing about the Mark Mangino controversy is that for two days in a row we haven't had to endure a Whitlock column whining about Scott "Egoli" and how he's so mean to the press.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Jason Whitlock IS Chiefsplanet. LMAO Most awesome thread title evar!

King_Chief_Fan
11-19-2009, 08:52 AM

he gets some of his best material from the people on this board

BigRedChief
11-19-2009, 08:54 AM
I've always posted on message boards. I'm a fan.Yeah, at least you are honest about it. Any good reporter/journalist that covers sports would be an idiot to not see what the fans are thinking about their teams. What better place to judge a "mood" of a fan base than on team websites frequented by thousands of the team's fans.

BigRedChief
11-19-2009, 08:55 AM
he gets some of his best material from the people on this board
I've had more scoops about the Chiefs than him lately. :harumph:

DeezNutz
11-19-2009, 08:58 AM
I didn't know Mangino could golf...

DA_T_84
11-19-2009, 09:08 AM
cakn pasta

ROFL ROFL :shake: ROFL ROFL
:clap:

stevieray
11-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Arrowhead...Sunday...Sunday...

oh yeah. thanks.

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Whit, don't be stealing my theory on Haley and Bowe. I'll sue your ass

jwhit
11-19-2009, 09:27 AM
What's your theory?

I think Bowe just succumbed to the pressure Haley put on everybody to lose weight. I'm surprised more players didn't get busted cutting a corner.

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 09:37 AM
What's your theory?

I think Bowe just succumbed to the pressure Haley put on everybody to lose weight. I'm surprised more players didn't get busted cutting a corner.

You'll be hearing from my attorneys.

DaWolf
11-19-2009, 09:38 AM
What's your theory?

Jason, did you also blame the professor for making the test too hard when getting busted for cheating? Is the problem really Haley wanting guys to be in shape or the player being too lazy to do it the right way?

ChiefsNWildcats
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
When your profession is to play football at a high level for millions of dollars, maybe your coach asking you not to be too fat to perform your job is too much for these guys.

What's next, you get butthurt when your coach pokes a finger in your chest and calls you bad names?...oh wait

soundmind
11-19-2009, 09:53 AM
It means nothing, because there's a 112% chance of it NOT materializing, but you'd think Haley would have some ingrained memories of game planning for the Steelers in the big game....maybe?

easymobee
11-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Jason, did you also blame the professor for making the test too hard when getting busted for cheating? Is the problem really Haley wanting guys to be in shape or the player being too lazy to do it the right way?

This analogy works, but only in fantasyland. By todays NFL standards its a recipe for fail, do you think any of the other best 20 or so receivers in the NFL were so freaked out by their insane coach and his very real threat of benching, to take a banned substance that causes you to race like a pisshorse?

Just to make a weigh in that was probably conducted in a windowless room at 4am by KC's head coach, I think Haley may meet the same fate as the drill seargent in Full Metal Jacket by his 3rd training camp ( assuming there is a 3rd one ).

Or he could win a SB and his hardass methods could become temporary NFL standard, as Tom Coughlin was able to achieve. He went from crazyass to the temporary standard for a year or 2. Good luck on that one.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCUnited
11-19-2009, 09:55 AM
If you don't drop 10 more pounds I'm going to send you back to Louisiana to eat your etouffee and muffalettas with your homies.

DaWolf
11-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Well I think yelling at a guy for dropping a pass and telling him that you're going to find someone else to do the job if he doesn't want to do it is par for the course.

I think (allegedly) telling a guy, especially a student athlete, that you're going to ship him back to St. Louis so that he can "get shot with" his "homies" is crossing the line...

Short Leash Hootie
11-19-2009, 10:18 AM
speaking of Todd Haley...how do you think he acts on the golf course?

FringeNC
11-19-2009, 10:27 AM

Is this for real? Todd Haley and Scott Pioli don't care if Whitlock attempts to put them in the spotlight, and that is why Whitlock has lost it.

LaChapelle
11-19-2009, 10:31 AM
Whitlock, Mangino and JaMarcus Russell

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Wow, a swing and a miss.

bobbything
11-19-2009, 10:35 AM
If you're forced to lose 25-30 lbs in 30 days, you've been eating too much McDonalds in your spare time.

King_Chief_Fan
11-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I've had more scoops about the Chiefs than him lately. :harumph:

you just made my point...he gets his best material from people on this board....you are on the board...yes?

The Bad Guy
11-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Hilarious that Jason thinks that Haley was too strict on Bowe.

Are we going to take all the responsiblity off Mangino too?

Keep telling me how you like Todd Haley and aren't a true hater looking for every excuse to bash him so I can continue to laugh at how much of an idiot you are.

Censoring your facebook page? You are such a fucking hypocrite.

Lzen
11-19-2009, 11:46 AM
You all act like all Chiefs fans have interest in what is going on at KU

I'd say by the looks of this thread, a lot of Chiefs fans do have interest.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218297

wild1
11-19-2009, 11:48 AM
I wonder if Haley even has heard anything about this. I doubt he has spent any time following Perkins and his assassination plot over in Kansas.

Raised On Riots
11-19-2009, 11:55 AM

LMAO Beautifully underscores my points about Haley in a different thread.

You silly!

bowener
11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Dammit, JWhit, you still haven't told me if you want to go to the Hereford House to grab some steaks with me. I said I'm buying for fuck sake, what else can you ask for?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2009, 12:04 PM
speaking of Todd Haley...how do you think he acts on the golf course?

Similar to Happy Gilmore after missing the two foot putt when Kevin Nealon was his playing partner.

bowener
11-19-2009, 12:06 PM
What's your theory?

He may have, but why, if you see it that way, is that a negative against the coach in this case?

If the statement is true that Bowe showed up to training camp anywhere near 20 to 30 pounds overweight, then it seems Bowe isn't really interested in his NFL career all that much, and to rebut any statement about all players gaining weight in the off season, I have never heard of a WR inflating 20 pounds in just 4 months away from the field (granted Bowe is friends with the very rotund Russell).

I do suppose though, that his being overweight could be a reflection of how he felt about his prior seasons as a Chief, and may also show that the previous coach was far too lenient on the players mentally and physically. I don't think we can deny that this years Chiefs are in better game shape than the previous 2 or 3 years, of course they are still under-talented as ever.

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 12:07 PM
. I don't think we can deny that this years Chiefs are in better game shape than the previous 2 or 3 years, of course they are still under-talented as ever.

Brandon Albert weeps.

bowener
11-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Similar to Happy Gilmore after missing the two foot putt when Kevin Nealon was his playing partner.

I am no golfer, but my observations of those that do play is that most of them act this way when they think they could have hit the ball better (I added 'think they could have' because it appears a lot of golfers think they are better than they really are, its just those damn clubs and balls that let them down... should have splurged on that $800 driver).

bowener
Brandon Albert weeps.

He does, and the difference this year is that he weeps salty, watery tears instead of gravy like last year.

Crush
Whitlock has officially become one of us. Expect a lot of print 'ems and To the ships in his next article.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I am no golfer, but my observations of those that do play is that most of them act this way when they think they could have hit the ball better (I added 'think they could have' because it appears a lot of golfers think they are better than they really are, its just those damn clubs and balls that let them down... should have splurged on that $800 driver).

Only terrible golfers blame their clubs.

It's not the arrow, it's the Indian--Lee Trevino.

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
He does, and the difference this year is that he weeps salty, watery tears instead of gravy like last year.

this is our former 1st round offensive tackle of the future we're talking about. not some scrub castoff we picked up off waivers.

bowener
11-19-2009, 12:14 PM
this is our former 1st round offensive tackle of the future we're talking about. not some scrub castoff we picked up off waivers.

I suppose... not sure how that makes a difference in his being 40 pounds overweight when he showed up after the off season. He was Brandon Fat Albert for a while there.

KCtotheSB
11-19-2009, 12:15 PM
Watching the game this Sunday is going to be rough......even if the Chiefs win. There are going to be so many Steeler douchebags in the stands that it's going to be DAL/KC Part Deux. Chalk this one up as the Steelers "ninth home game".

bowener
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Watching the game this Sunday is going to be rough......even if the Chiefs win. There are going to be so many Steeler douchebags in the stands that it's going to be DAL/KC Part Deux. Chalk this one up as the Steelers "ninth home game".

Why did you even bother to put this stipulation in your post?

Christofire
11-19-2009, 01:17 PM

This was Whitlock's original point. Our home field advantage continues to be negated by lack of fans due to our continued losing. But seeing as how this is a continuation from the crappy Herm years, Whitlock's unspoken point (that this is Haley and Pioli's fault for being lousy team builders) isn't as strong as he might think.

Iowanian
11-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Haley spent his free time this afternoon negotiating head coaching position at KU too.

I guess Waters can shut his pie eater now, he DID win 2 games with 22 guys off the street and the rest of the scrubs from last year's team...with Cleveland yet to go.

wasi
11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Brandon Albert weeps.

Long term, I don't see how a young player can be hurt by having to learn, refine and depend on technique.

L.A. Chieffan
11-19-2009, 01:55 PM
Long term, I don't see how a young player can be hurt by having to learn, refine and depend on technique.

I find this post amusing seeing how it's coming from somebody who lives in Canada.

wasi
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM
I find this post amusing seeing how it's coming from somebody who lives in Canada.

;)

shitgoose
11-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Jason- In your bountiful bbq experience would you say that you prefer the Poor Russ from Fiorella's or the burnt end on bun from Gates? Discussion has been swirling on this board about the overratedness of Jack Stack and I think its high time you weighed in on this subject.

Oh, and how about the Jayhawks almost losing to Memphis the other night? You better start calling the coach "Bill Sogoli."

The ego on that team. I'm sure they thought Memphis was going to roll over and die and they would win by 30. The nerve of Bill Sogoli.