PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Issues What's Scarier -- People Waiting To See Sarah Palin Or People Waiting To See Twilight

RINGLEADER
11-19-2009, 09:39 AM
I vote Sarah Palin considering the median age of those waiting to see Twilight is about 12.

Rooster
11-19-2009, 09:40 AM
ROFL Wow.. This is the $hit that keeps me up at night.

RJ
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
WTF is Twilight?

Edit: Never mind, I looked it up. I agree with Ringleader, the children can be forgiven. But why did my 35 y/o co-worker and her friends buy tickets 3 weeks in advance?

Taco John
11-19-2009, 10:11 AM
I vote Sarah Palin considering the median age of those waiting to see Twilight is about 12.

Not in my experience. I know grown women who dress up for Twilight parties the way Trekkies might. And I'm talking about hotties, not nerdies. Women seem to love that show.

blaise
11-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Going to see Twilight is worse. Whether you like her or not, at least Palin is sort of an interesting figure. Twilight is just another load of vampire crap.

Reaper16
11-19-2009, 11:12 AM
Twilight is just another shitty fad in populist literature. Palin is potentially much, much more damaging.

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Queen Victoria-do as she says, not as she does. I can't believe anybody would be drawn to her politics.

fan4ever
11-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Queen Victoria-do as she says, not as she does. I can't believe anybody would be drawn to her politics.

Not sure specifically what you mean about Palin, but clue me in; is there any politician who doesn't live by the "do as they say, not as they do" commandment?

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Not sure specifically what you mean about Palin, but clue me in; is there any politician who doesn't live by the "do as they say, not as they do" commandment?

There isn't, but it's hard for liberals to see both sides of their politicians. As it stands we have a Queen that says the exact same thing, and they love him.

Too bad the poll wasn't a public one. All votes for Palin are most likely from the dark side (liberal - democrat).

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 12:43 PM
She posed for the cover of the magazine and then blames OTHERS for her actions, labeling the magazine cover as sexist and SHE POSED for it. That's schizophrenia. Does that help clarify?

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 12:49 PM
She posed for the cover of the magazine and then blames OTHERS for her actions, labeling the magazine cover as sexist and SHE POSED for it. That's schizophrenia. Does that help clarify?

Dude, she posed for a photo shot in a running magazine. Newsweek is not that running magazine.

The photo was used out of context. How many times have they put Obama on the cover in his PT gear? Never you say? I wonder why that is? Maybe they want to make statement about women and politics?

Again, your outlook is biased by the blind sheep mentality following your shepard.

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Dude, she posed for a photo shot in a running magazine. Newsweek is not that running magazine.

The photo was used out of context. How many times have they put Obama on the cover in his PT gear? Never you say? I wonder why that is? Maybe they want to make statement about women and politics?

Again, your outlook is biased by the blind sheep mentality following your shepard.

She still posed for the pictures. SHE. PALIN, herself and then calls it sexist?

If it's sexist, why did she agree to take the picture?

I'm sure she had no problem cashing that check,even though it was so sexist, right?

Hypocrite deluxe.

Just say no to sex, but see my new grandbaby born out of wedlock?

The own stuff she preaches doesn't even work in her family-unit and yet, she stands by it, as if it's the answer. How well, will her policies work in our country, when they don't even work for her own family?

jjjayb
11-19-2009, 01:27 PM

I'm sure she had no problem cashing that check,even though it was so sexist, right?

Hypocrite deluxe.

The own stuff she preaches doesn't even work in her family-unit and yet, she stands by it, as if it's the answer. How well, will her policies work in our country, when they don't even work for her own family?

Just come out and say it. You hate women in politics. You'd rather she be home in the kitchen right?

(taking a play right out of the liberal playbook)

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Just come out and say it. You hate women in politics. You'd rather she be home in the kitchen right?

Hilarious. Actually, I'm all for women in politics. Just not women, who change their minds with the changing winds. I have no problems with equality.

jjjayb
11-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Hilarious. Actually, I'm all for women in politics. Just not women, who change their minds with the changing winds. I have no problems with equality.

Suuuuure you are. Have you ever voted for a woman for president? No?!? I didn't think so! SEXIST!!!!!!

:)

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Suuuuure you are. Have you ever voted for a woman for president? No?!? I didn't think so! SEXIST!!!!!!

:)
:D

donkhater
11-19-2009, 03:14 PM

Hypocrite deluxe.

I like Palin's politics (somewhat, since they lean conservative). The problem is that I see her like every damn Republican out there nowadays, the only difference is that she's a woman. She's not very well-spoken and tries too hard to be the every-woman. I think she's smart enough, I just don't think she is experienced enough on national topics. There's a big difference there that liberals miss, I think.

As for the cover of Newsweek, it is sexist. She posed for a running magazine in which poses like that are wanted and expected because that is the content of the magazine. For Newsweek to turn araound and reuse it for the COVER, is pretty slimy.

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
I like Palin's politics (somewhat, since they lean conservative). The problem is that I see her like every damn Republican out there nowadays, the only difference is that she's a woman. She's not very well-spoken and tries too hard to be the every-woman. I think she's smart enough, I just don't think she is experienced enough on national topics. There's a big difference there that liberals miss, I think.

As for the cover of Newsweek, it is sexist. She posed for a running magazine in which poses like that are wanted and expected because that is the content of the magazine. For Newsweek to turn araound and reuse it for the COVER, is pretty slimy.
She supported the bail-out bill. :D

She also KNEW the picture only had a ONE YEAR clause, what exactly did she think would happen?:rolleyes:

Here's a reporter reading her quote. It's relevant because it shows that some of her supporters don't even know what they are supporting...ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXKuDYvM6Wk&feature=popular

Jenson71
11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
Twilight is just another shitty fad in populist literature. Palin is potentially much, much more damaging.

You're such an elitist.

HonestChieffan
11-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Watching Liberals dance around their SarahHate Fires is somewhat amazing.

NewChief
11-19-2009, 05:49 PM

Hey, at least you get the irony of all the people now crying sexism.

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Watching Liberals dance around their SarahHate Fires is somewhat amazing.

Don't confuse love for country as hate for any person.

Reaper16
11-19-2009, 05:58 PM
You're such an elitist.
I prefer snob. There's little "elite" about me.

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:10 PM

Hypocrite deluxe.

You seem to have a problem with someone posting for what they think is a story about running and in a magazine dedicated to running only to find your picture used as the front cover by a supposed news organization. Is it sexist to run for fitness? Is it sexist to use a picture out of context? I'd say it was and Newsweek is the party guilty of sexism.

The hypocrite here is Newsweek, using a photo taken, apparently, under false pretenses.

You have a problem with her because her daughter had sex outside of wedlock? How hypocritical of you is that? Were you a virgin when you got married? So you are going to hold a teenager to a different standard than you hold yourself? Now that is hypocrital. Also, if you have kids I wish you better luck keeping them 'pure' until they are married. Have you strayed since you've been married? And you can talk about an unmarried teen?

How many of your family policies have worked out wrong? You think just because she has a belief and it doesn't happen in her family that it would impact the way she runs a country? JFC are you stupid or just a SOB bent on hating someone you have never met, spoken to or ever will meet?

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:12 PM

:BS:

You seem to forget how many lies Obama has told and how many promises he has made that he hasn't and will not honor.

Yep, you are giving him a free ride as president and you are boning a woman because she might have aspirations to replace the MAN you elected to office.

Jenson71
11-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I prefer snob. There's little "elite" about me.

Is a snob just an elitist wannabe?

Reaper, what's the best "pop" book? Movie? Band? Quick!

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:14 PM
She supported the bail-out bill. :D

She also KNEW the picture only had a ONE YEAR clause, what exactly did she think would happen?:rolleyes:

Here's a reporter reading her quote. It's relevant because it shows that some of her supporters don't even know what they are supporting...ROFL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXKuDYvM6Wk&feature=popular

Your are nothing more than a douche bag that hates women.

Reaper16
11-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Is a snob just an elitist wannabe?

Reaper, what's the best "pop" book? Movie? Band? Quick!
Huck Finn, The Godfather, The Beatles

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM

That doesn't make you a snob or elitist, it just makes you old.:)

BigChiefFan
11-19-2009, 06:21 PM
Your are nothing more than a douche bag that hates women.

Wow. That really was uncalled for. Nothing could be furter from the truth. I guess when you've got nothing, revert to attacks.

I won't apologize for wanting greater out of our leaders, male and female, alike. Sorry, you can't seperate the personal from the politics. :shake:

Reaper16
11-19-2009, 06:22 PM
That doesn't make you a snob or elitist, it just makes you old.:)
I'm 23! Boo-ya!

Jenson71
11-19-2009, 06:23 PM

In the last 10 years. Go!

chiefs1111
11-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Both are equally scary

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Wow. That really was uncalled for. Nothing could be furter from the truth. I guess when you've got nothing, revert to attacks.

I won't apologize for wanting greater out of our leaders, male and female, alike. Sorry, you can't seperate the personal from the politics. :shake:

Let's see, you hate Sarah Palin because she doesn't match up with Obama. In actuality the only thing she doesn't do as well as he does is read someone elses writing on a teleprompter.

If you want greater out of our leaders you must really love Clinton that f*cked more women in public office than any other president in history. George Bush has to be on your hitlist because he isn't as articulate as you desire him to be. IIRC you have called him unintelligent, facts be known he got his MBA from the same school John Kerry went to, Kerry is considered an intelligent man but Bush had a better GPA according to stories I've read.

If you offended my my comment I might apologize on a good day. Today isn't that day.

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I'm 23! Boo-ya!

Age isn't the defining issue for being old, especially with the answer you put up to the other kids questions.

Reaper16
11-19-2009, 06:29 PM
In the last 10 years. Go!
Eat, Pray, Love, Wall-E, Jay-Z

NewChief
11-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Let's see, you hate Sarah Palin because she doesn't match up with Obama. In actuality the only thing she doesn't do as well as he does is read someone elses writing on a teleprompter.

If you want greater out of our leaders you must really love Clinton that f*cked more women in public office than any other president in history. George Bush has to be on your hitlist because he isn't as articulate as you desire him to be. IIRC you have called him unintelligent, facts be known he got his MBA from the same school John Kerry went to, Kerry is considered an intelligent man but Bush had a better GPA according to stories I've read.

If you offended my my comment I might apologize on a good day. Today isn't that day.

God forbid that people vote on a candidate's platform instead of the candidate.

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
God forbid that people vote on a candidate's platform instead of the candidate.

Would you vote for or against Palin because she was in a running outfit on the cover of Newsweek?

So far she isn't running and may not. I don't think she would put herself back up for that kind of activity. At the moment she is capitalizing on her noteriety and going to make enough to retire on. One here thinks she is dumb, I think she is smart enough to work the metal while the fire is hot.