PDA

View Full Version : Int'l Issues Ok, it's now official since Obama has proclaimed it...

mlyonsd
11-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Obama: 'We've restored America's standing'

Beijing, China (CNN) -- A little more than a year after his election, President Obama said his administration has laid the groundwork for success on global and domestic matters.

"I think that we've restored America's standing in the world, and that's confirmed by polls," he told CNN's Ed Henry in a wide-ranging interview this week during his trip to China.

"I think a recent one indicated that around the world, before my election, less than half the people -- maybe less than 40 percent of the people -- thought that you could count on America to do to the right thing. Now it's up to 75 percent."

The president said that makes it easier for world leaders to cooperate with the United States, noting Chinese and Russia involvement in nuclear talks with Iran.

Obama (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Barack_Obama) has visited 20 countries during his first year in office, more than any other U.S. president.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/18/obama.henry/index.html

I was getting a little worried there that the world would always despise us. Now I can sleep at night.

talastan
11-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Does anyone else besides me not give a crap about what the other countries of the world think? We can't even afford to send Obama to these 20 countries, a few which would love for us to fail, and he is worried about how the rest of the class feels about him.

Dear (Insert Country name here),
Do you like Me (America)? Please check one:

Yes []
No []
Maybe []

:shake:

Donger
11-19-2009, 11:58 AM
He's using poll numbers as evidence?

alpha_omega
11-19-2009, 12:06 PM
Mission accomplished?

KCWolfman
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Mission Accomplished. Send up the banner - unfortunately it will now be in Cantonese.
Posted via Mobile Device

petegz28
11-19-2009, 12:21 PM
One thing is for sure, this guy is a never-ending joke

Calcountry
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Obama: 'We've restored America's standing'

Beijing, China (CNN) -- A little more than a year after his election, President Obama said his administration has laid the groundwork for success on global and domestic matters.

"I think that we've restored America's standing in the world, and that's confirmed by polls," he told CNN's Ed Henry in a wide-ranging interview this week during his trip to China.

"I think a recent one indicated that around the world, before my election, less than half the people -- maybe less than 40 percent of the people -- thought that you could count on America to do to the right thing. Now it's up to 75 percent."

The president said that makes it easier for world leaders to cooperate with the United States, noting Chinese and Russia involvement in nuclear talks with Iran.

Obama (http://topics.cnn.com/topics/Barack_Obama) has visited 20 countries during his first year in office, more than any other U.S. president.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11/18/obama.henry/index.html

I was getting a little worried there that the world would always despise us. Now I can sleep at night.My country tis of thee, sweet land of the statist, I SHED MY GRACE ON THEE!

Guru
11-19-2009, 04:44 PM
I am so sick of being told we care about what other countries think of us. They certainly don't care what we think of them.

Radar Chief
11-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Does anyone else besides me not give a crap about what the other countries of the world think? We can't even afford to send Obama to these 20 countries, a few which would love for us to fail, and he is worried about how the rest of the class feels about him.

Why do you think they like Obama so much?

Saul Good
11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
The Olympics in Rio will be a testament to our new-found popularity.

Taco John
11-19-2009, 05:24 PM
For the most part, I've been pretty indifferent to the guy. But it seems every day he does or says something else to make me dislike him as an individual. I mean, I get that all politicians are self-promoting phoneys for the most part. But Obama seems to have a way of adding neon to that.