PDA

View Full Version : Obama Down Down Down ....Barry's Ratings fallin like January Snow

HonestChieffan
11-19-2009, 05:29 PM
Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Thursday, November 19, 2009http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Thursday shows that 27% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -14. That matches the lowest Approval Index rating yet recorded for this President (see trends).

By a 3-to-1 margin, voters believe that tax cuts will create more jobs than additional government stimulus spending. Most also believe that canceling the rest of the stimulus spending will create more jobs than spending the money that’s been approved. On both topics, the Political Class disagrees.

Only 18% believe that our legal system is too concerned about national security at the expense of individual rights. Thirty-nine percent (39%) believe there is too much concern about individual rights.

The Presidential Approval Index is calculated by subtracting the number who Strongly Disapprove from the number who Strongly Approve. It is updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Updates are also available on Twitter and Facebook.

Overall, 46% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) now disapprove.

In California, the race for Governor is a toss-up between Jerry Brown and Meg Whitman. In New York Rudy Giuliani could be competitive with Andrew Cuomo if the two men meet in that Governor’s race.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_index_graphics/november_2009/obama_approval_index_november_19_2009/265844-1-eng-US/obama_approval_index_november_19_2009.jpg

Republicans continue to hold a six-percentage point lead on the Generic Congressional Ballot.

Scott Rasmussen and Doug Schoen have a column in Saturday’s Wall Street Journal noting that Obama is losing Independent voters. Rasmussen has recently had three other columns published in the Journal analyzing health care, the President's approval ratings, and how Obama won the White House by campaigning like Ronald Reagan. If you'd like Scott Rasmussen to speak at your meeting, retreat, or conference, contact Premiere Speakers Bureau. You can also learn about Scott's favorite place on earth or his time working with hockey legend Gordie Howe.

It is important to remember that the Rasmussen Reports job approval ratings are based upon a sample of likely voters. Some other firms base their approval ratings on samples of all adults. President Obama's numbers are always several points higher in a poll of adults rather than likely voters. That's because some of the President's most enthusiastic supporters, such as young adults, are less likely to turn out to vote.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/obama_total_approval_graphics/november_2009/obama_total_approval_november_19_2009/265847-1-eng-US/obama_total_approval_november_19_2009.jpg

Rasmussen Reports has been a pioneer in the use of automated telephone polling techniques, but many other firms still utilize their own operator-assisted technology (see methodology).

Pollster.com founder Mark Blumenthal noted that “independent analyses from the National Council on Public Polls, the American Association for Public Opinion Research, the Pew Research Center, the Wall Street Journal and FiveThirtyEight.com have all shown that the horse-race numbers produced by automated telephone surveys did at least as well as those from conventional live-interviewer surveys in predicting election outcomes.”

In the 2009 New Jersey Governor’s race, automated polls tended to be more accurate than operator-assisted polling techniques. On reviewing the state polling results from 2009, Mickey Kaus offered this assessment, “If you have a choice between Rasmussen and, say, the prestigious N.Y. Times, go with Rasmussen!”

Additionally, an analysis by Pollster.com partner Charles Franklin “found that despite identically sized three-day samples, the Rasmussen daily tracking poll is less variable than Gallup.” During Election 2008, the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll was the least volatile of all those tracking the race. That stability is one reason that Nate Silver of fivethirtyeight.com said that the Rasmussen tracking poll “would probably be the one I'd want with me on a desert island."

A Fordham University professor rated the national pollsters on their record in Election 2008. We also have provided a summary of our results for your review. In 2008, Obama won 53%-46% and our final poll showed Obama winning 52% to 46%. While we were pleased with the final result, Rasmussen Reports was especially pleased with the stability of our results. On every single day for the last six weeks of the campaign, our daily tracking showed Obama with a stable and solid lead attracting more than 50% of the vote.

In 2004 George W. Bush received 50.7% of the vote while John Kerry earned 48.3%. Rasmussen Reports was the only firm to project both candidates’ totals within half a percentage point by projecting that Bush would win 50.2% to 48.5%. (see our 2004 results).

Daily tracking results are collected via telephone surveys of 500 likely voters per night and reported on a three-day rolling average basis. The margin of sampling error—for the full sample of 1,500 Likely Voters--is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Results are also compiled on a full-week basis and crosstabs for full-week results are available for Premium Members.

Like all polling firms, Rasmussen Reports weights its data to reflect the population at large (see methodology). Among other targets, Rasmussen Reports weights data by political party affiliation using a dynamic weighting process. While partisan affiliation is generally quite stable over time, there are a fair number of people who waver between allegiance to a particular party or independent status. Over the past five years, the number of Democrats in the country has increased while the number of Republicans has decreased.

Our baseline targets are established based upon separate survey interviews with a sample of adults nationwide completed during the preceding three months (a total of 45,000 interviews) and targets are updated monthly. Currently, the baseline targets for the adult population are 37.5% Democrats, 32.2% Republicans, and 30.3% unaffiliated. Likely voter samples typically show a slightly smaller advantage for the Democrats.

A review of last week’s key polls is posted each Saturday morning. Other stats on Obama are updated daily on the Rasmussen Reports Obama By the Numbers page. We also invite you to review other recent demographic highlights from the tracking polls.

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Will he tank further than Bush did? He certainly is putting the country in more jeopardy than Bush did.

HonestChieffan
11-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Well he is out of the gate going down faster than GWB was. GWB was held in pretty good stead through what almost 5 years. His ratings and the economy started to tank about the time the dems got congress back.

But thats probably not worthy of correlation

blaise
11-19-2009, 05:38 PM
I don't think it matters much until he's getting hear the next election. People are fickle. You can turn millions of people around with a one liner.

HonestChieffan
11-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Like "Are you better off today than you were two years ago?".....Hows Pelosi working out for you?....

banyon
11-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Well he is out of the gate going down faster than GWB was. GWB was held in pretty good stead through what almost 5 years. His ratings and the economy started to tank about the time the dems got congress back.

But thats probably not worthy of correlation

The ol' recent memory, not so good.

http://www.bradblog.com/Images/BushApprovalRatings_060305.gif

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval_files/Approval_27267_image001.png

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 07:22 PM

Will you be as amused when Obama's trend lines follow Bush's?

talastan
11-20-2009, 09:09 AM
Will you be as amused when Obama's trend lines follow Bush's?

I think it is going to be at Carter's levels before four years is up IMO.

Otter
11-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Try to give amnesty to 15 million border jumpers and increase work visas when unemployment is over 10%. I hope that cock sucker and his minions are run over by a dump truck.

talastan
11-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Try to give amnesty to 15 million border jumpers and increase work visas when unemployment is over 10%. I hope that cock sucker and his minions are run over by a dump truck.

Didn't you know that unemployment is what these guys want. More people relying on good ole Uncle Sam for their food, shelter, and jobs. Nothing tastes better to them than power.

Bwana
11-20-2009, 10:09 AM

This

KCWolfman
11-20-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't think it matters much until he's getting hear the next election. People are fickle. You can turn millions of people around with a one liner.

So you are saying he can keep screwing up and lying for another couple of years

blaise
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
So you are saying he can keep screwing up and lying for another couple of years

Yep.

wild1
11-20-2009, 11:32 AM
This

These

KCWolfman
11-20-2009, 11:34 AM
Yep.

For the sake of our brothers, sisters, and children in Afghanistan, I pray you are wrong.

Calcountry
11-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Down down down, like a burnin ball of fire, polar bears drown drown as the seas are getting higher.

Calcountry
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM

But thats probably not worthy of correlationThe federal reserve had more to do with the economy than Bush did. Bush mailed it in after Pelosi took over.

Iowanian
11-20-2009, 12:18 PM

....That is driven by one of the Mexican drivers who now have the right to blow back and forth through the boarder?

Direckshun
11-20-2009, 01:06 PM
This is why.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20120a6bb2c77970b-800wi

Norman Einstein
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
This is why.

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/.a/6a00d83451c45669e20120a6bb2c77970b-800wi

And that trend indicates what? That the economy will not respond to Obama's charisma? Oh woe is us!

It's more to the point that his policies are causing the economy to further tank. He talks a good beta male story but the alpha males writing his speeches and his alpha male handlers are finding out they don't know shit about the economy.

Direckshun
11-20-2009, 01:24 PM
And that trend indicates what? That the economy will not respond to Obama's charisma?

Swing and a miss.

Norman Einstein
11-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Swing and a miss.

Right, the Obama bailout of GM is still about to tank and the other economic indicators say we are going to keep diving down. No matter how much Obama tells the people it's going to be OK, they still know it won't be.

Buy up your stocks now, I'll need something to buy for pennies on the $100 in a few months.

blaise
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
And that trend indicates what? That the economy will not respond to Obama's charisma? Oh woe is us!

It's more to the point that his policies are causing the economy to further tank. He talks a good beta male story but the alpha males writing his speeches and his alpha male handlers are finding out they don't know shit about the economy.

No. The lines on the graph indicate Hope and Change.

Demonpenz
11-20-2009, 01:35 PM
I think Obama is doing a good job, I would approve. I much rather see him on TV speaking and generally looking presentable, rather than that dumb redneck george bush.

blaise
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I think Obama is doing a good job, I would approve. I much rather see him on TV speaking and generally looking presentable, rather than that dumb redneck george bush.

Yeah but don't you get most of your news from MTV?

Norman Einstein
11-20-2009, 01:42 PM
No. The lines on the graph indicate Hope and Change.

Whazzat? Him hoping to get all of our change?

Demonpenz
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah but don't you get most of your news from MTV?

I don't watch mtv, don't really even pay attention to the knews unless it is big news.

HonestChieffan
11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
This is why.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3QqO8EXd-II/SwaVQNBOVuI/AAAAAAAAt1k/-FTzDAAMQec/s400/obamanomicsbringusclosereveryday.jpg

RedNeckRaider
11-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't watch mtv, don't really even pay attention to the knews unless it is big news.

I would say penz represents the 27% rather accurately~

Saul Good
11-20-2009, 05:41 PM
This is why.

So we're to believe that 59% of people thought that the economy was doing well in February and that a full 47% still think this?

Saul Good
11-20-2009, 05:43 PM

http://www.bradblog.com/Images/BushApprovalRatings_060305.gif

http://www.hist.umn.edu/~ruggles/Approval_files/Approval_27267_image001.png

He never dropped below 50% until he'd been office for over 4 years. Sounds like your chart backs up his memory reasonably well.

banyon
11-20-2009, 07:43 PM
He never dropped below 50% until he'd been office for over 4 years. Sounds like your chart backs up his memory reasonably well.

No, it doesn't. At least not this statement, which is the reason I posted it:

GWB was held in pretty good stead through what almost 5 years. His ratings and the economy started to tank about the time the dems got congress back.

Did you catch how he tried to pin it on the Dem Congress which, of course anyone who remembers, Bush's unpopularity was precisely one of the reasons the Dems took control of Congress in the first place.

Saul Good
11-20-2009, 08:02 PM
No, it doesn't. At least not this statement, which is the reason I posted it:

Did you catch how he tried to pin it on the Dem Congress which, of course anyone who remembers, Bush's unpopularity was precisely one of the reasons the Dems took control of Congress in the first place.

The first part of his statement was accurate, not the second. You are right there. It was the economy and the market that plunged shortly after the Dems took control, not Bush's popularity.

Calcountry
11-21-2009, 02:20 PM
Right, the Obama bailout of GM is still about to tank and the other economic indicators say we are going to keep diving down. No matter how much Obama tells the people it's going to be OK, they still know it won't be.

Buy up your stocks now, I'll need something to buy for pennies on the $100 in a few months.I will never buy a gm product again, as long as I live. Wait a minute. Congress is imposing jail time if I DON'T buy health insurance. Why couldn't they put me in jail if I don't buy GM cars?

Calcountry
11-21-2009, 02:21 PM
I will never buy a gm product again, as long as I live. Wait a minute. Congress is imposing jail time if I DON'T buy health insurance. Why couldn't they put me in jail if I don't buy GM cars?Take that you greedy union *********.

banyon
11-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I will never buy a gm product again, as long as I live. Wait a minute. Congress is imposing jail time if I DON'T buy health insurance. Why couldn't they put me in jail if I don't buy GM cars?

You're already going to jail anyway because of your paranoia anyway, right? Why not do as much as you can before you get locked up?

BigRedChief
11-21-2009, 10:47 PM
You're already going to jail anyway because of your paranoia anyway, right? Why not do as much as you can before you get locked up?But they are coming after his gun too.

BigRedChief
11-21-2009, 11:00 PM
I would say penz represents the 27% rather accurately~And they are underestimating Obama. You may hate his policies. You might think that he's a disaster. Thats cool. But he has skills.

Can you imagine a black man with a muslim name and the most liberal agenda ever has got health care reform farther along than Nixon, Roosevelt, Truman and Clinton ever did and in the middle of a recession and two wars?

Norman Einstein
11-22-2009, 07:13 AM
And they are underestimating Obama.

..has got health care reform farther along than Nixon, Roosevelt, Truman and Clinton ever did and in the middle of a recession and two wars?

I would venture to say that the Health care wanted by the former presidents would have had more meat and less fat that would cost taxpayers the money this one is going to tag us with. Just the Louisiana give away should indicate more investigation to the wording of the bill and how many other clauses are there that will benefit individuals over the course of the legislation.

Over all the concept might be OK, but the end result will be nothing more than a knife in the back of all taxpayers. The poor will benefit the most and pay the absolute least.

BigRedChief
11-22-2009, 09:18 AM
I would venture to say that the Health care wanted by the former presidents would have had more meat and less fat that would cost taxpayers the money this one is going to tag us with.
Nixon's plan was similiar to Obama's. But the dems wanted medicare for all.

Just the Louisiana give away shoI uld indicate more investigation to the wording of the bill and how many other clauses are there that will benefit individuals over the course of the legislation.I agree. That is total BS. But that is the system at work, Happens daily in Congress in every bill and has since our founding.

banyon
11-22-2009, 09:39 AM
But they are coming after his gun too.

They've already stormed my house and melted my bullets down into slag, you are next!

vailpass
11-22-2009, 10:08 AM
And they are underestimating Obama. You may hate his policies. You might think that he's a disaster. Thats cool. But he has skills.

Can you imagine a black man with a muslim name and the most liberal agenda ever has got health care reform farther along than Nixon, Roosevelt, Truman and Clinton ever did and in the middle of a recession and two wars?

ROFL Some people really believe that obama is anything more than a puppet created by the DNC.
Are you serious BRC? How can you underestimate an empty suit who has yet to make a single decision on any issue of importance?

BigRedChief
11-22-2009, 10:14 AM
ROFL Some people really believe that obama is anything more than a puppet created by the DNC.
Are you serious BRC? How can you underestimate an empty suit who has yet to make a single decision on any issue of importance?I wasn't saying he has accomplished all this "stuff". I was just pointing out that people are underestimating him. Much like you think he's an empty suit. We will see if he's an empty suit or not. Talk to me in a year and see if he's still not got anything accomplished.

If all you do is watch Beck and Hannity your preception can be a little skewed.

Norman Einstein
11-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Nixon's plan was similiar to Obama's. But the dems wanted medicare for all.

I want to point out, this is not Obama's plan. It's the plan of the democrats party. I honestly doubt that Obama has even had a cursory look at the plan but has been briefed by his staff. Supporting something that hasn't been read or negotiated between the parties is not a good plan. Nixon's, IIRC was put toghether by both parties.

I agree. That is total BS. But that is the system at work, Happens daily in Congress in every bill and has since our founding.

The system at work is obviously flawed. We are going to give away $100,000.000.00 to Louisiana for a single vote. That's taxes we are going to pay for, our kids are going to pay for, our grand kids are going to pay for and most likely our great grand kids are still going to be on tap for it, unless the country fails which is not as unlikely as many would think.

Mojo Jojo
11-23-2009, 03:35 AM
Monday, November 23rd. Gallop has announced that Obama is now the 4th fastest President to slip below the 50% Approval Rating.

Buyers remorse????

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 07:16 AM
Monday, November 23rd. Gallop has announced that Obama is now the 4th fastest President to slip below the 50% Approval Rating.

Buyers remorse????or maybe its 10% unemployment, 2 wars an economy slow to come out of a recession has more to do with the low poll numbers. Just a guess.

InChiefsHell
11-23-2009, 07:20 AM
or maybe its 10% unemployment, 2 wars an economy slow to come out of a recession has more to do with the low poll numbers. Just a guess.

Or maybe it's what he's DONE about said issues...He's not a victim. He's the President, and right now a sizable majority thinks he sucks at it.

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Or maybe it's what he's DONE about said issues...He's not a victim. He's the President, and right now a sizable majority thinks he sucks at it.sorry, but the majority doesn't think he sucks. Do I really need to post a chitload of polls showing that?

The recession that began in 2007 is not his fault. It's his responsibility to get us out of the recession. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were started before he took office. Unemployment is a result of the recession. These are not his "faults". But it is totally on him to get us out of this hole. And if he doesn't, then he needs to be a one term president.

Chief Henry
11-23-2009, 08:55 AM
sorry, but the majority doesn't think he sucks. Do I really need to post a chitload of polls showing that?

The recession that began in 2007 is not his fault. It's his responsibility to get us out of the recession. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were started before he took office. Unemployment is a result of the recession. These are not his "faults". But it is totally on him to get us out of this hole. And if he doesn't, then he needs to be a one term president.

As a person, they don't think he sucks, yet - but when you read what they think of his handling of issues - thats when they think he sucks.

He's made the recession worse and the american people know this.