PDA

View Full Version : Misc What is the breakdown on the unemployment situation?

Norman Einstein
11-19-2009, 07:03 PM
I heard this on a biased radio show. I haven't found the data to support the comments.

There are more unemployed democrats and independents than there are republicans. The ratio is almost 7:4 democrats vs republicans and the same between independents and republicans. Remember this is according to a radio show I heard for about 10 minutes on my way to work after lunch today.

The question I have tends to be what is the political affiliation of those company CEO's or Owners that have been cutting people and are they deciding to cut based on party lines? If you have 4 workers that are basically equal in their job performance with two being democrat and two being republican, are those laid off selected for political agenda?

Saul Good
11-19-2009, 07:18 PM
The chronically unemployed tend to vote for whomever will give them more handouts. They aren't unemployed because they are Democrats. They are Democrats because they are unemployed.

Go take a stroll through the Full Employment Council sometime and tell me how many of them you think voted for McCain.

jjjayb
11-19-2009, 09:35 PM
More minorities are unemployed as well. Minorities tend to be democrats.

tiptap
11-20-2009, 04:27 PM
I would have thought that here was a chance to convert those Democratic votes by giving them a preference in keeping their jobs.

RJ
11-20-2009, 05:28 PM
Unemployed people tend to be poor. Perhaps there is a correlation there.

RedNeckRaider
11-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Unemployed people tend to be poor. Perhaps there is a correlation there.

I think you may be on to something! The government should fund a study on this~