PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs who is this years Mecca miss like Clady and Orakpo...

MGRS13
11-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Orakpo making immediate impact

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 20, 2009 1:14 PM ET
We've criticized the Redskins front office more than a few times on PFT, so it's only fair to give them credit when they get something right.

Drafting Brian Orakpo thirteenth overall was very right.

The rookie linebacker/defensive end has seven sacks in his last seven games. That number alone is the most for any rookie since 2006, and it's amazing because he only plays with his hand down as a pass rusher one-third of the time, according to Rick Maese of the Washington Post.

Orakpo has successfully transitioned from a college defensive end to a strong-side linebacker on most downs. He is often responsible for covering the opposing tight end. This week, he takes on Jason Witten and tries to build his defensive rookie of the year candidacy. (There are a few good options.)

Some people close to Orakpo interviewed for Maese's article believe the former Longhorn would be even more successful as a full-time pass rusher. But that's a good problem for the Redskins to have. In a mostly lost year for Washington, at least the team has found a core young player on a squad needing a few more.

Washington's next coach should appreciate the help..................

Mecca was dead set the last two years that these guys were the two biggest future busts. So who is the guy this year that Mecca will say we shouldn't even talk about because he doesn't belong in the nfl.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-20-2009, 12:24 PM
To be fair, we all make mistakes.

But, with as much of an 'expert' that Mecca acts like.... he gets what he gets.

Great Expectations
11-20-2009, 12:26 PM
Bradford

ferrarispider95
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Doesn't hurt he has the best DT in the game in front of him who at least requires 2 oline to block him.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 12:27 PM
I didn't want anything to do with Orapko, either. Texas players just haven't translated to the NFL with much success recently.

But let's not put this fucker in Canton just yet. He definitely benefits from a very good defensive line, including Albert Haynesworth.

RedThat
11-20-2009, 12:31 PM
Doesn't hurt he has the best DT in the game in front of him who at least requires 2 oline to block him.

That makes a big difference.

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I wanted zero part of Orakpo either. Texas and all. Haynsworth is certainly helping, and its been but half a season, and other things that Dane just said that I'm repeating for no reason other than I think the same.

I was thinking about making a thread about this subject myself. A whole lot of us didn't want Orakpo.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
I don't recall him ever saying that Clady would be a bust.

However, there were several of us that said he wouldn't be successful in certain systems.

Turns out, he was drafted by a team that runs the system that benefits him the most. I don't think he'd be having anywhere near the success he's having outside of a ZBS.

Von Dumbass
11-20-2009, 12:35 PM
From a former Baltimore Ravens scout.
RT @JoshGriesbach: have you ever been wrong on your scouting report??>> A bunch! If you hit 60% you are doing good in scouting

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5862270619

From the same scout.
Talked to another exec about the draft class last night... He has Gerald McCoy as the top player over Suh... Bradford in mix too
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861704786

RT @FootballFan9216: then why was Glenn Dorsey considered best player in that class?>> not by teams i worked for... tweener, injury prone
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861888626

RT @FootballFan9216: how much better are Suh/ McCoy than Dorsey?>> comparing U2 to Better than Ezra
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861797604

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Former Ravens scout for a reason, I bet.

Pestilence
11-20-2009, 12:39 PM
I love it that people come in here and call out Mecca all of the time.

At least the dude steps up and gives his opinions on players....and has actual evidence to back up his opinions. The people that always call him out are also the people who talk out their ass when it comes to the draft....and then flip-flop when their player doesn't amount to shit.

Is Mecca correct 100% of the time? No. But his opinions/assumptions are usually correct a majority of the time.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 12:41 PM

At least the dude steps up and gives his opinions on players....and has actual evidence to back up his opinions. The people that always call him out are also the people who talk out their ass when it comes to the draft....and then flip-flop when their player doesn't amount to shit.

Is Mecca correct 100% of the time? No. But his opinions/assumptions are usually correct a majority of the time.

This.

Orakpo's played, what, 10 games?

He's playing well, so people are using that to try to prove Mecca "wrong."

If a player he was high on was playing well right now, those same people would be saying that it's only been 10 games, get back to us in 3 years.

There's some people here that he'll never be right with, and people here that unfortunately tend to argue the poster himself instead of the actual post.

Von Dumbass
11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
You are probably right.

He was with the Ravens from 2003-2006 and worked with the Browns from 2007-2008. He is an interesting guy to follow on twitter though.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM

It's easier for some to attack people with opinions instead of gathering information and stating an opinion of their own.

Demonpenz
11-20-2009, 12:44 PM
orakpu reminded me too much of mike mamula

Chiefnj2
11-20-2009, 12:46 PM
At least the dude steps up and gives his opinions on players....

Actually, it's pretty difficult to pin Mecca down on his draft positions. He rarely commits.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Actually, it's pretty difficult to pin Mecca down on his draft positions. He rarely commits.

:spock:

Where have you been the past 4 years?

Pestilence
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Is this referring to the whole.....

"Who would you take with the Chiefs 1st pick in the 2009 draft.....offense only....and you can't choose a QB?"

Direckshun
11-20-2009, 12:48 PM
I love Mecca's opinions, and to be fair he's been right about a ton of lower-round guys too. Zero drafturbators like myself are as right about late-rounders as often as Mecca has been. Devon Bess, a player Mecca drafted deep in the sixth round a couple years ago, is the perfect example. Bess has flourished for the exact reasons Mecca highlights.

But Mecca's also pretty petulant, too, and I don't really see him fess up as often as he should be for being wrong. I don't mind threads holding people's feet to the fire.

I get highlighted for shit I get wrong all the time, but the difference is I don't really have a problem with it. This is a hobby for me, not the crux of my reputation.

That said, honestly, I've officially come around on Boise State players. I used to avoid them like the plague (like Mecca does with Texas), but now I think they are just as strong options as any other major school if the talent is there.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Is this referring to the whole.....

"Who would you take with the Chiefs 1st pick in the 2009 draft.....offense only....and you can't choose a QB?"

ROFL

No shit.

stevieray
11-20-2009, 12:52 PM
....the need to be "right" around here is friggin redickulous.

DaneMcCloud

LMAO

DaneMcCloud

I think the need to point out who's "wrong" is far more important around here

Consistent1
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Did anybody buy Mecca a toilet brush for X-Mas? That was him right? Mecca is alright, but he not right OR wrong much more than most of the Planet crew. Lemme know on the T-brush deal quik-like cuz I am heading to Dollar Tree here in a minute....hahaha....just fuckin with dude!
Posted via Mobile Device

SenselessChiefsFan

The problem is that if you state an opinion that he dissagrees, with.... then he will act like you are a complete moron.

We all have things we are right and wrong about. But, some are more respectful of others and don't act like they know so much.

Pestilence
ROFL

No shit.

Wasn't that the dude who asked that question? Or was that JASONSAUTO? I can't remember.

I know this guy is the one that's always harping about how Taylor Mays can't tackle and he isn't worth a 1st round pick.

Consistent1
11-20-2009, 12:55 PM
[QUOTE=DaneMcCloud;6278488]I think the need to point out who's "wrong" is far more important around here[/QU WORD...
Posted via Mobile Device

Pestilence
11-20-2009, 12:55 PM
The problem is that if you state an opinion that he dissagrees, with.... then he will act like you are a complete moron.

We all have things we are right and wrong about. But, some are more respectful of others and don't act like they know so much.

I've disagreed with Mecca on a number of subjects....and he's never once acted like I was a complete moron. Maybe that's because when I disagree with him....I bring facts to the table. That and I don't instantly break into the argument that Mecca is a "drafturbator" and bring up every time that he's been wrong.

Same thing goes for Dane.

Same thing goes for OTWP58.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 12:58 PM

Zach knows a shit-ton more about photography than I do, and it doesn't bother me to say it.

Phobia has forgotten more about construction than I'll ever know, but it doesn't bother me.

Mecca knows more about football and the draft than almost (if not) everyone here, but some people have a huge fucking inferiority complex about it.

The football knowledge we have access to from a few posters is top-notch, IMO, but instead of people taking advantage and learning something from it, they'd rather act butthurt that they don't have that level of expertise.

Direckshun
I've disagreed with Mecca on a number of subjects....and he's never once acted like I was a complete moron. Maybe that's because when I disagree with him....I bring facts to the table. That and I don't instantly break into the argument that Mecca is a "drafturbator" and bring up every time that he's been wrong.

fuck you, man. Fuck you.

Demonpenz
point out who you like and why, if you are wrong you are wrong, but bring some humble pie until you got a superbowl ring and a haircut

Pestilence
fuck you, man. Fuck you.

lol...I don't generally disagree with you on a lot of stuff.

HOLTZCLAW FTW!!!!!

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Wasn't that the dude who asked that question? Or was that JASONSAUTO? I can't remember.

I know this guy is the one that's always harping about how Taylor Mays can't tackle and he isn't worth a 1st round pick.

No, it wasn't Sauto.

IRRC, it was that Patriots troll that is here to wash Pioli's beanbag.

Count Zarth
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
Flacco.

JASONSAUTO
11-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Zach knows a shit-ton more about photography than I do, and it doesn't bother me to say it.

Phobia has forgotten more about construction than I'll ever know, but it doesn't bother me.

Mecca knows more about football and the draft than almost (if not) everyone here, but some people have a huge fucking inferiority complex about it.

The football knowledge we have access to from a few posters is top-notch, IMO, but instead of people taking advantage and learning something from it, they'd rather act butthurt that they don't have that level of expertise.

i can only speak for myself but IMO the problem is when mecca acts like just because he THINKS it then it has to be true. and like another poster said he acts like people are stupid just because they dont agree with him. i GUARANTEE it's not because "im butthurt i dont have that level of expertise" i dont know as much about o-line play as milkman and disagree with him on many subjects. we can actually talk through things and it doesnt become uncivilized. it's all in how you act to people.

oh and he makes shit up when nothing else works, and likes to use what some random person on some other random message board says and acts like THATS PROOF.ROFL

JASONSAUTO
11-20-2009, 01:05 PM
No, it wasn't Sauto.

thanks, that wasnt me.

beach tribe
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Buffalo will win 11 games this season[mecca/]

stevieray
11-20-2009, 01:07 PM
I think the need to point out who's "wrong" is far more important around here

including your opinions about the team.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM

with a name like Pestilence it's no wonder you support them ... you forgot Hamas btw.

stevieray
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Mecca knows more about football and the draft than almost (if not) everyone here, but some people have a huge ****ing inferiority complex about it.

unbelievable.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:10 PM
i can only speak for myself but IMO the problem is when mecca acts like just because he THINKS it then it has to be true. and like another poster said he acts like people are stupid just because they dont agree with him. i GUARANTEE it's not because "im butthurt i dont have that level of expertise" i dont know as much about o-line play as milkman and disagree with him on many subjects. we can actually talk through things and it doesnt become uncivilized. it's all in how you act to people.

oh and he makes shit up when nothing else works, and likes to use what some random person on some other random message board says and acts like THATS PROOF.ROFL

As someone who has butted heads with him more than anyone here, I can tell you with 100% certainty that if he's called you (generally speaking) stupid or a moron, it's because you've brought nothing to the conversation.

If your opinion is based solely on emotion, and not rational thought, you're probably going to be ridiculed for it.

Bring a take, and be able to back it up.

Otherwise, if you say something stupid, with nothing to back up your claims other than "PIOLI" - you're probably going to get laughed at.

beach tribe
11-20-2009, 01:11 PM
For the record. I like Mecca. But I also like to point out when he is wrong. I don't think he belittles people, I just think he has a hard time ever admitting that he is/could be wrong.
That's why he will almost never take a concrete stand on anything because he's so afraid that he might be wrong.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Say something positive about the Chiefs! Say something positive!

You're not a real fan111

Pestilence
11-20-2009, 01:12 PM
with a name like Pestilence it's no wonder you support them ... you forgot Hamas btw.

:rolleyes:

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
This entire thread is about Sanchez, anyway.

Go to a fucking Jets board if you don't like our team.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 01:15 PM
including your opinions about the team.

I'm not sure I follow.

But if you're implying that I'm "down" on the current owner, front office and owner, you'd be correct.

But let's not pretend that I've always been "down" on the team. As a matter of fact, up until this year, I've been considered a "Herm apologist". When DV was head coach, I was extremely positive in my comments, even with a horrid defense.

Furthermore, I was one of the only guys who didn't want to see Herm fired, not because of his coaching abilities, but because I actually believed that for the first time in two decades, this franchise was attempting to build this team in what I've always seen as the "right" way to build a team: Youth and the draft.

There is no denying that I was always one of the more optimistic members around here.

Until April 2009.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
unbelievable.

What's the problem, Steve?

It's the truth.

There are people here that will argue a post more because of who posted it, than the content of the post.

I guarantee you that if say, Keg in KC posted the exact same thing Mecca did about a subject, no one would attack him the way they do Mecca.

You don't like him, I know this. That's between you and him.

But he takes a lot of unwarranted shit because of his username, not because of the content of his posts.

Hell, Milkman often makes the same points, but you don't see "Milkman was wrong" threads pop up regularly.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
This entire thread is about Sanchez, anyway.

Go to a fucking Jets board if you don't like our team.

LMAO

Blick
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I thought Orakpo would be good.

This year's Mecca miss...Taylor Mays.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure I follow.

But if you're implying that I'm "down" on the current owner, front office and owner, you'd be correct.

But let's not pretend that I've always been "down" on the team. As a matter of fact, up until this year, I've been considered a "Herm apologist". When DV was head coach, I was extremely positive in my comments, even with a horrid defense.

Furthermore, I was one of the only guys who didn't want to see Herm fired, not because of his coaching abilities, but because I actually believed that for the first time in two decades, this franchise was attempting to build this team in what I've always seen as the "right" way to build a team: Youth and the draft.

There is no denying that I was always one of the more optimistic members around here.

Until April 2009.

That sums me up as well.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-20-2009, 01:19 PM

Mecca knows more about football and the draft than almost (if not) everyone here, but some people have a huge ****ing inferiority complex about it.

ROFL

Sorry, but the football 'expertise' on here is lacking.

The fact that it passes as expertise by some proves their ignorance.

Now, Mecca's football opinions are more credible than most on here, but he isn't an expert. He is a guy who follows the league that bullsh!ts pretty well.

He is a typical fan who thinks he knows more than he does.

JASONSAUTO
11-20-2009, 01:22 PM
As someone who has butted heads with him more than anyone here, I can tell you with 100% certainty that if he's called you (generally speaking) stupid or a moron, it's because you've brought nothing to the conversation.

If your opinion is based solely on emotion, and not rational thought, you're probably going to be ridiculed for it.

Bring a take, and be able to back it up.

Otherwise, if you say something stupid, with nothing to back up your claims other than "PIOLI" - you're probably going to get laughed at.

see there's the problem this same stuff happened BEFORE pioli. ok? and yes he;s called more than one person a moron just because HE didnt agree with what the person was saying. not because that person wasnt bringing a take.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 01:23 PM
ROFL

Now, Mecca's football opinions are more credible than most on here, but he isn't an expert. He is a guy who follows the league that bullsh!ts pretty well.

Expert? Expertise? Who is using these terms?

Some folks are more knowledgeable about certain subjects than others, doesn't make anyone an expert.

Direckshun
HOLTZCLAW FTW!!!!!

Hey asshole, Holtzclaw will catch on.

Just as soon as someone signs him. Again. And don't cut him.

DaneMcCloud
ROFL

SenselessChiefsfan strikes again

JASONSAUTO
11-20-2009, 01:24 PM

It's the truth.

There are people here that will argue a post more because of who posted it, than the content of the post.

I guarantee you that if say, Keg in KC posted the exact same thing Mecca did about a subject, no one would attack him the way they do Mecca.

You don't like him, I know this. That's between you and him.

But he takes a lot of unwarranted shit because of his username, not because of the content of his posts.

Hell, Milkman often makes the same points, but you don't see "Milkman was wrong" threads pop up regularly.

thats because of the way milkman generally handles himself.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 01:25 PM

By telling idiots to fuck off?

LMAO

OnTheWarpath58
see there's the problem this same stuff happened BEFORE pioli. ok? and yes he;s called more than one person a moron just because HE didnt agree with what the person was saying. not because that person wasnt bringing a take.

Feel free to post that exchange, I'd be curious to see who agrees with Mecca that the poster in question deserved to be called a moron.

And invoking Pioli is new, sure. The same general "take" has been here forever.

If you like, you can call it the "We'll be better because I HOPE we'll be better, not because I have any evidence that would lead someone to believe we'll be better" argument.

Rooster

Exactly. I would bet these same people were bed wetters.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Expert? Expertise? Who is using these terms?

Some folks are more knowledgeable about certain subjects than others, doesn't make anyone an expert.

I take fully responsibility for missing the final word of OTWP's post. Naturally, I believe the gist of his comment has been taken out of context, but my initial mistake stands.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM
By telling idiots to **** off?

LMAO

It's all in the tone, and milkman is more charming.

RedThat
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Its just something I've never understood.

OnTheWarpath58

I guarantee Milkman will agree with what I'm about to post.

Milkman has done an infinite amount more berating, cussing and name-calling when it comes to his dealings with other posters than Mecca has.

Generally speaking, someone has to go off the reservation, I mean WELL past full retard before he'll start getting personal with someone.

Chocolate Hog
This is pretty lame. I don't agree with Mecca on alot of things but why call him out? Thats bullshit.

Brock
11-20-2009, 01:32 PM
A lot of people had those opinions about Clady and/or Orakpo.

keg in kc
11-20-2009, 01:32 PM
If your plan's to give mecca more attention, you're doing a bang-up job.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:33 PM

Yep.

I'd be disappointed there's no "Who is this year's Brock miss?" thread if I were you.

Direckshun
11-20-2009, 01:36 PM
I remember one of the most brutal days of my CP existence was after day one of 2008's Draft.

I graded the selections of Dorsey, Albert, and Flowers as a C+, and got slaughtered.

Tell me whether you'd grade it differently.

JASONSAUTO
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Milkman has done an infinite amount more berating, cussing and name-calling when it comes to his dealings with other posters than Mecca has.

Generally speaking, someone has to go off the reservation, I mean WELL past full retard before he'll start getting personal with someone.

thats why my post said "generally". tribal warfare comes to mind:D

Otter
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Keg is a nice guy with a sense of humility. When you're conversing with Keg he talks with you and not at you.

Mecca's holier than tho attitude, undeserved sense of accomplishment and making statements instead of conversation are what grate most people. Not his football takes.

jidar
11-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Mecca is a fairly nice guy with a lot of football knowledge, and I'd say he's right as least as often as anyone else on this board. The problem is that he has such matter of factly way of speaking that frequently crosses the line into condescending and he rarely if ever admits when his reasoning is shaky, let alone when he's wrong. He isn't calling anyone names but it seems like everything is always so black and white for him, even things that are obviously subjective, so it's very annoying to see that happen. Drafting isn't a god damned science, it's at least half luck.

Look, two years ago Mecca listed exactly 3 top 10 projected picks in one post who he said were surefire busts and that he would be angry if we took any of them. Those three guys went on to be the first, second and third strongest candidates for rookie of the year that season. That was epic draft fail the like of which I have never seen anywhere else... so I guess my point is he and his followers should keep that in mind when they're telling everyone who the best and worst players are as if it's some kind of immutable law of football.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I remember one of the most brutal days of my CP existence was after day one of 2008's Draft.

I graded the selections of Dorsey, Albert, and Flowers as a C+, and got slaughtered.

I still would. Those were excellent picks given the board at the time, and this is coming from someone that wasn't sold on Flowers. I was wrong.

Just because some of those players were either mis-used under Herm, are being mis-used under Haley, or have just been flat-out flushed because the new regime is trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole - doesn't mean they were bad picks.

JASONSAUTO
Keg is a nice guy with a sense of humility. When you're conversing with Keg he talks with you and not at you.

Mecca's holier than tho attitude, undeserved sense of accomplishment and making statements instead of conversation are what grate most people. Not his football takes.

Mecca is a fairly nice guy with a lot of football knowledge, and I'd say he's right as least as often as anyone else on this board. The problem is that he has such matter of factly way of speaking that frequently crosses the line into condescending and he rarely if ever admits when his reasoning is shaky, let alone when he's wrong. He isn't calling anyone names but it seems like everything is always so black and white for him, even things that are obviously subjective, so it's very annoying to see that happen. Drafting isn't a god damned science, it's at least half luck.

these

Pestilence

Look, two years ago Mecca listed exactly 3 top 10 projected picks in one post who he said were surefire busts and that he would be angry if we took any of them. Those three guys went on to be the first, second and third strongest candidates for rookie of the year that season. That was epic draft fail the like of which I have never seen anywhere else... so I guess my point is he and his followers should keep that in mind when they're telling everyone who the best and worst players are as if it's some kind of immutable law of football.

Who were the players and what have they done up until now?

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM

I would grade it differently, yeah. I'm still as high on it as I was then.

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Who were the players and what have they done up until now?
I don't remember it. jidar needs to link it up.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't remember it. jidar needs to link it up.

I don't either.

I'd be curious to see that post.

Brock
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
You can find stupidity from any poster if you want to waste time looking for it. mecca's draft takes are probably as good as anybody else's, it's all just a guess for the most part, and he's actually pretty good at slotting players that most of us have never even heard of. If you want to call mecca out for something dumb, look up where he says Jared Allen is an equivalent player to Aaron Schobel. Now THAT is dumbassery.

keg in kc
11-20-2009, 01:46 PM
I would grade it differently, yeah. I'm still as high on it as I was then.I'd still say "ask me after the 2010 season".

Albert in particular is hard to grade. He had a great rookie year, slumped in his second, who knows what he'll be long term. Flowers looks like a stud. Dorsey has been solid but unspectacular, but both years has shown flashes of potential. He's hurt the most (statistically speaking) by the scheme change, obviously, but could be one of the building blocks of a really good line, if things go a certain way.

There's still the possibility that all three may be cornerstone players for years.

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 01:47 PM
I'd still say "ask me after the 2010 season".

Albert in particular is hard to grade. He had a great rookie year, slumped in his second, who knows what he'll be long term. Flowers looks like a stud. Dorsey has been solid but unspectacular, but both years has shown flashes of potential. He's hurt the most (statistically speaking) by the scheme change, obviously, but could be one of the building blocks of a really good line, if things go a certain way.

There's still the possibility that all three may be cornerstone players for years.
I feel that the only thing holding Dorsey and Albert back is coaching.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Look, two years ago Mecca listed exactly 3 top 10 projected picks in one post who he said were surefire busts and that he would be angry if we took any of them.

This reminds me of a comment from Patriot Reign.

Belichick always made a point of telling his scouts that he wouldn't get upset with them if a prospect they didn't care for went on to do great things elsewhere - because it doesn't matter.

That player might have been perfect for the Colts system, but not as attractive in the Patriots system.

Like I said, I'd be curious to see the post in question, because they may not have been fits in our system at the time.

If Clady was one of the players you are referring to, I'd agree with Mecca. He doesn't fit a power, downhill running attack. He does, however, perfectly fit a team that runs a zone blocking scheme, as Denver does.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:49 PM

I agree with this, 100%

keg in kc
11-20-2009, 01:56 PM
I feel that the only thing holding Dorsey and Albert back is coaching.I still think there's something to the idea that Albert has struggled in large part because of of the weight loss. And I don't mean the weight loss was necessarily bad when I say that; he can't just get by throwing his weight around now. He'll be better off long-term from learning and honing technique.

I think Dorsey's had two solid years, so I don't think there's a problem with him in particular as far as coaching goes. I think a better NT and a better group of LBs behind him makes a world of difference. LB in particular - there just isn't much there and it hurts the whole unit front to back.

In fact, I think that goes for both: I think talent is the biggest issue. There's no talent outside of Albert on the o-line (waters is a shadow of his former self), the play at receiver has been inconsistent at best and the tight ends haven't done anything for the team catching or blocking. And I'm not sure LJ didn't make the line look even worse than it already was.

Which is not saying that coaching may not be an issue...

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 01:59 PM
I still think there's something to the idea that Albert has struggled in large part because of of the weight loss. And I don't mean the weight loss was necessarily bad when I say that; he can't just get by throwing his weight around now. He'll be better off long-term from learning and honing technique.

I think Dorsey's had two solid years, so I don't think there's a problem with him in particular as far as coaching goes. I think a better NT and a better group of LBs behind him makes a world of difference. LB in particular - there just isn't much there and it hurts the whole unit front to back.

Good point on Albert's weight loss, I am definitely on board with that assessment as well.

highBOLTage
11-20-2009, 02:44 PM

If anything call him out for liking Troy Will....err.. DHB, and wanting him over Crabtree.
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205313

Valiant
11-20-2009, 02:52 PM
From a former Baltimore Ravens scout.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5862270619

From the same scout.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861704786

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861888626

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861797604

It is funny those were not the views right after the draft by most experts/scouts.. Now all of a sudden, his teams viewed Dorsey as a tweener..

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 03:00 PM
If anything call him out for liking Troy Will....err.. DHB, and wanting him over Crabtree.
I understand the argument for DHB over Crabtree and even agreed with it. Spread recievers are overrated to me for their lack of experience running anything close to an NFL route tree. And unlike Maclin, Crabtree doesn't have elite speed to make up for it.

Mecca thought that DHB was a reach at 8 though.

PunkinDrublic
11-20-2009, 03:09 PM
You have to take Mecca with a grain of salt. With Mecca you know you're going to get a guy who's overly pessimistic of any KC sports team and a guy whos likely filled out more more draft boards than he's had haircuts. If you can keep that in mind you can enjoy what he has to say.

Kyle DeLexus
11-20-2009, 03:23 PM

I understand the argument for DHB over Crabtree and even agreed with it. Spread recievers are overrated to me for their lack of experience running anything close to an NFL route tree. And unlike Maclin, Crabtree doesn't have elite speed to make up for it.

Mecca thought that DHB was a reach at 8 though.

Yeah to call him out on that is BS. DHB was a raw prospect who should never have went top 15. People are going to be expecting more than they should from him for a few years. Then the fact that he went to Oakland makes it look even worse for him. That's like the anti-Clady it's just a wrong fit where he's going to a team where he won't be able to develope properly.

HemiEd
11-20-2009, 03:25 PM
You have to take Mecca with a grain of salt. With Mecca you know you're going to get a guy who's overly pessimistic of any KC sports team and a guy whos likely filled out more more draft boards than he's had haircuts. If you can keep that in mind you can enjoy what he has to say.

I would agree with that, and he actually has a pretty even temperment. Heck, on draft day, I have PMed him and some others on here, to get their opinion on players.

I have many hobbies, keeping track of College players is not one of them.
And, for the most part, don't even enjoy watching College Football. But some on here do, and their opinions make it interesting.

Nobody is going to be correct all the time, but deferring to the people who are knowledgeable, just makes good sense, no matter what the subject.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2009, 03:32 PM

btw i have to go back to this

lots of people give their opinions and give way they think that and that asshat Mecca shouts down just about everyone of them. He doesn't just disagree ... him and little circle jerk buddies dog pile on anyone that disagrees with them.

THAT IS WHY people call him out ... it's also why so many people that enjoy being assholes gather around mecca to suck his schlong. He's the leader of the "be an asshole" brigade and they love him for it.

The mere suggesting that Mecca is some kind of victim makes we want to vomit. :Lin:

HemiEd
11-20-2009, 04:00 PM

lots of people give their opinions and give way they think that and that asshat Mecca shouts down just about everyone of them. He doesn't just disagree ... him and little circle jerk buddies dog pile on anyone that disagrees with them.

THAT IS WHY people call him out ... it's also why so many people that enjoy being assholes gather around mecca to suck his schlong. He's the leader of the "be an asshole" brigade and they love him for it.

The mere suggesting that Mecca is some kind of victim makes we want to vomit. :Lin:

Mecca is the one drafterbator (sp?) that I don't recall getting worked up and out of line very easy. The rest of them will pretty much call someone a fuckstick at the drop of a hat. Oh, and I am not sucking his schlong, just telling you how I see it.

Typical Mecca response to someone he disagrees with: Ok then you think that well you are happy with a bad team.

Other drafterbators (sp?): You stupid fucking dumbass go die in a fucking fire JFC, you fuckstick, jamb an aids tree up your ass and suck down two gallons of antifreeze!

stevieray
11-20-2009, 04:04 PM

It's the truth.

BS.

..you guys sure do like to pat yourselves on the back for your football knowledge, but then don't give Haley credit for his.

Pestilence
11-20-2009, 04:08 PM

Which brings up another point that's fucking retarded.

Anyone who agrees with Mecca, Dane, Hamas, OTWP58 is sucking their dick and only does it because they want to be liked by them.

Or they could fucking agree with what you're saying.

Along that line....if anyone agrees with COMOChief.....they're retarded.

wasi
11-20-2009, 04:11 PM
If you like, you can call it the "We'll be better because I HOPE we'll be better, not because I have any evidence that would lead someone to believe we'll be better" argument.

The fact is that that's pretty much where we are at right now.

There is not enough evidence on the current GM/HC to prove the arguement one way or another. For every move that didn't work out there is a move that did work out.

HemiEd
11-20-2009, 04:12 PM
BS.

..you guys sure do like to pat yourselves on the back for your football knowledge, but then don't give Haley credit for his.

Haley knows nothing, because he knows how to play golf, and never played football. :D

Raised On Riots
11-20-2009, 05:17 PM
No, it wasn't Sauto.

How dare you defame 'Just Washing Ball', Sir.:shake:

As to Mecca, I can't think of anyone else who can rattle off names and stats from a hundred different college rosters at the drop of a hat. The guy obviously spends a fair amount of time studying these prospects, and I don't think it's unreasonable to at least listen to what he says, get the names, and go look at the film for yourself.

But then again, I've been outfitted with Mecca Industries tin foil hat, and am completely incapable of mustering a thought of my own.
What's that? Coming master...

The Bad Guy
11-20-2009, 05:37 PM

I love when he acts like a teenage girl in the movie Clueless when he responds to something he thinks is stupid.

He also avoids threads that talks about when he is wrong. Never, ever eats any crow.

It has turned into one big clique on here.

Fairplay
11-20-2009, 06:22 PM

I know what you are saying.

But he never admits when he is wrong it seems.

Also, like after we won last sunday he didn't show any enthusiasm that we won. Its like he only posts negative stuff.

The glass half empty all the time. That is a sad way to go through life.

The Bad Guy
11-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I know what you are saying.

But he never admits when he is wrong it seems.

Also, like after we won last sunday he didn't show any enthusiasm that we won. Its like he only posts negative stuff.

The glass half empty all the time. That is a sad way to go through life.

If the Chiefs ever become good, I guarantee he won't post much here at all.

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 07:15 PM
If the Chiefs ever become good, I guarantee he won't post much here at all.
That's stupid. You're stupid.

notorious
11-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Mecca thinks that "The Last Boy Scout" is one of the best movies ever.

How can you dislike a man with taste like that?

He is alright in my book.

Fairplay
11-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Mecca thinks that "The Last Boy Scout" is one of the best movies ever.

How can you dislike a man with taste like that?

Even an ugly kid has a mom that still loves them.

milkman
11-20-2009, 07:41 PM

I am actually far more caustic and insulting than mecca.

There are some people who simply bring nothing to any debate, and I am not inclined to just let the dumbassery slide.

I guess, the few times I've actually seen mecca insult, he does so passively, sideways.

I'm more direct and far from civil.

Chiefnj2
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Mecca's not a bad guy, he's just too full of himself so much so that he thinks he knows more than 90% of NFL GMs.

I never see him chime in when watching a game. I don't ever see him come on board during the middle of a game and say "look at Ole Miss' free safety, he's got a great backpedal and has great recovery speed". His opinions always seem to pop up after internet draft boards formulate their opinions.

I'm more mystified at all of his lapdogs who actually think he possesses superior knowledge of football.

milkman
11-20-2009, 07:43 PM

I absolutely agree.

milkman
11-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Who are these followers?

If someone agrees with him, it doesn't make them a follower, it simply means they agree with him.

milkman
11-20-2009, 07:50 PM
I still would. Those were excellent picks given the board at the time, and this is coming from someone that wasn't sold on Flowers. I was wrong.

Just because some of those players were either mis-used under Herm, are being mis-used under Haley, or have just been flat-out flushed because the new regime is trying to squeeze a square peg into a round hole - doesn't mean they were bad picks.

I still think that was a good draft.

Scott Pioli just shit on the value.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 07:51 PM
I still think that was a good draft.

Scott Pioli just shit on the value.

Agreed.

Does that make me your follower, or are you my follower?

milkman
11-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Good point on Albert's weight loss, I am definitely on board with that assessment as well.

I've been talking about weight loss as part of the reason for his struggles since the preseason.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 07:54 PM
I've been talking about weight loss as part of the reason for his struggles since the preseason.

I know, and I agree.

IMO, it's a subject that isn't discussed often enough. People would rather just say he's a bust because Herm Edwards picked him.

milkman
11-20-2009, 07:56 PM

You're entitled to your opinion, Laz, but I think that Hamas and I are are far more aggressive than is mecca.

He does get condescending, but he rarely is one of the dogpilers.

milkman
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Agreed.

Does that make me your follower, or are you my follower?

One must look within themselves to find the answer, grasshopper.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 08:01 PM
One must look within themselves to find the answer, grasshopper.

LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
11-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Jesus guys. It's Friday night and we have a thread that's evolved into people pointing fingers at Mecca and people taking up the cause defending Mecca?

Hilarious.

The Bad Guy
11-20-2009, 08:05 PM
You're entitled to your opinion, Laz, but I think that Hamas and I are are far more aggressive than is mecca.

He does get condescending, but he rarely is one of the dogpilers.

You both are far more aggressive, but you back up your opinions 1000x over. You also come and eat crow if/when it is necessary.

He may not call someone a fucking retard, or something really hilarious with several adjectives, but he does things in a passive/aggressive manner and that pisses people off much more than someone who just comes out and calls them names.

OnTheWarpath58
11-20-2009, 08:10 PM
You both are far more aggressive, but you back up your opinions 1000x over. You also come and eat crow if/when it is necessary.

He may not call someone a fucking retard, or something really hilarious with several adjectives, but he does things in a passive/aggressive manner and that pisses people off much more than someone who just comes out and calls them names.

This is the main issue, IMO, and one I've discussed with him on numerous occasion.

milkman
11-20-2009, 08:13 PM
This is the main issue, IMO, and one I've discussed with him on numerous occasion.

As have I.

Raised On Riots
11-20-2009, 08:17 PM
Who are these followers?

If someone agrees with him, it doesn't make them a follower, it simply means they agree with him.

Come to the Church of Mecca and join us for Monday Night Worship!

I'm a Deacon! All are welcome!:rolleyes:

Fairplay
11-20-2009, 08:26 PM
If you agree with a poster's comments on here you suck dick is the moral of the story.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 08:29 PM
You can all go **** yourselves, you non-draft knowing ****ing mouth breathers.

My picks are solid.

Chiefnj2
11-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Mecca is like Manson, he kind of sits back and gets the family all agitated to defend him (these outsiders don't know draft value, these outlanders are happy being 8-8, these outlanders don't know their prospect peaked his sophomore year and would be happy if Carl Peterson came back) and then the family goes out on the attack to pile on someone suggesting a LT or LB. After the barrages of curses, family insults, personal insults and inside jokes (this must be "Voyager") it is time for the coup de grace - they send in the Squeeky Fromme of the group, ROR, to add insult to injury. It's like debating the "I like turtles" kid, but not as mentally challenging.

Reaper16
11-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Mecca is like Manson, he kind of sits back and gets the family all agitated to defend him (these outsiders don't know draft value, these outlanders are happy being 8-8, these outlanders don't know their prospect peaked his sophomore year and would be happy if Carl Peterson came back) and then the family goes out on the attack to pile on someone suggesting a LT or LB. After the barrages of curses, family insults, personal insults and inside jokes (this must be "Voyager") it is time for the coup de grace - they send in the Squeeky Fromme of the group, ROR, to add insult to injury. It's like debating the "I like turtles" kid, but not as mentally challenging.
Ladies and Gentleman: the King of Mixed Metaphor.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM

Mays can tackle.

Gary
11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
That makes a big difference.

I wish the fact that our linebackers have two top 5 picks in front of them would make a difference as well!

Chiefnj2
11-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Mays can tackle.

Not that well or consistently.

Raised On Riots
11-20-2009, 08:37 PM

Motherfucker, I will out-debate you on any subject you wanna' throw down.

In the interim, suck my motherfucking dick.

DeezNutz
11-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Not that well or consistently.

Goes for the kill shot a bit too much, but that's coachable; his freakish athleticism is not.

I want Berry first, but Mays would look great in a KC uniform.

Brock
11-20-2009, 09:56 PM
the Squeeky Fromme of the group, ROR, to add insult to injury. It's like debating the "I like turtles" kid, but not as mentally challenging.

Ho Lee Shit. ROFL

Cornstock
11-20-2009, 10:27 PM
"If you wanna crown his ass then crown him, but he is who we thought he is."

Not really sure how thats applicable but it kinda sounds good.

BossChief
11-20-2009, 10:40 PM
"If you wanna crown his ass then crown him, but he is who we thought he is."

Not really sure how thats applicable but it kinda sounds good.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-VBNU_x-JA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-VBNU_x-JA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Raised On Riots
11-20-2009, 10:49 PM
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O-VBNU_x-JA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

I watched that live. It was awesome.

I don't know too much about Wisenhut, but he usually comes across as a pretty solid guy.

Von Dumbass
11-21-2009, 02:38 AM

RT @jdubv: @MoveTheSticks Why aren't you scouting anymore? >> Left Ravens, took promotion in CLE, 1 yr later Mangini arrived, end of story
http://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5899873171

Rausch
11-21-2009, 02:48 AM
I don't think Mecca has "a" year...

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Awesome. Another Mecca bash/fellatio thread. He's not perfect. He misses on some. But he knows his shit. Oh, and I heard this on the radio at work the other night while listening to the Cavs and couldnt help but think of Mecca. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmAdKbNEzkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmAdKbNEzkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Its OK Mecca. I'm highly unathletic myself. :D

notorious
11-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Awesome. Another Mecca bash/fellatio thread. He's not perfect. He misses on some. But he knows his shit. Oh, and I heard this on the radio at work the other night while listening to the Cavs and couldnt help but think of Mecca. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmAdKbNEzkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qmAdKbNEzkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> Its OK Mecca. I'm highly unathletic myself. :D

Jebus that is funny.

chiefzilla1501
11-21-2009, 10:59 AM

With the way Dorsey is playing this season, I'm pretty sure he would have been a very good player this year as a 4-3 DT. As for Albert, there's several factors: the weight loss and maybe the coaching. But it also has a lot to do with teaching Albert to play at a lower weight and in a zone blocking scheme. Haley brought up the point a few weeks ago that when Albert was heavier, he could get away with throwing his weight around. Now that he's lighter, he has to start using better technique. Frankly, I'd be a lot more concerned with Albert if he didn't have the athletic ability. You can coach technique. You can't coach ability.

That being said, it sucks that the guy coaching up Albert looks like he might wear diapers.

TheGuardian
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM

No they aren't.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Where is the thread calling out all the dumbasses about being wrong about Sanchez? This can be a two way street IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
11-21-2009, 04:49 PM
I am still somewhat new here but I see some things from threads like this. The fact that people come out in droves to slam him when he actually is "wrong" shows me a few things:

1) A lot of people here are whiney little bitches

2) Mecca must be right more than most of the ****sticks here if it is celebrated by the haters when he isn't right

3) The weak travel in large packs here. I cant remember many people having the balls to lead a charge for drafting Orakpo, yet so many are all "nener, nener, nener" now that he has had a good start to his career. Hve some balls to voice your own opinion and open yourself up to critism and Im sure you will start to respect some of the members here a little more.

4) Mecca doesn't like crow. If I am wrong, I would at least come to threads like this to acknowledge it. I wouldn't stick around and let the idiots drag me down to their level and beat me with their experience of idiocracy, but I would say a few words admitting I was wrong.

5) Mecca must have proved a lot of you wrong many, many times for you to get all up in arms when he's the one wrong.

6) Just because Orakpo has a good start doesn't mean his pick at 3 would have been justified, he would need to stack up multiple years of dominant and consistent play before the pick is justified.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2009, 04:58 PM
I am still somewhat new here but I see some things from threads like this. The fact that people come out in droves to slam him when he actually is "wrong" shows me a few things:

2) Mecca must be right more than most of the ****sticks here if it is celebrated by the haters when he isn't right

3) The weak travel in large packs here. I cant remember many people having the balls to lead a charge for drafting Orakpo, yet so many are all "nener, nener, nener" now that he has had a good start to his career. Hve some balls to voice your own opinion and open yourself up to critism and Im sure you will start to respect some of the members here a little more.

4) Mecca doesn't like crow. If I am wrong, I would at least come to threads like this to acknowledge it. I wouldn't stick around and let the idiots drag me down to their level and beat me with their experience of idiocracy, but I would say a few words admitting I was wrong.

5) Mecca must have proved a lot of you wrong many, many times for you to get all up in arms when he's the one wrong.

6) Just because Orakpo has a good start doesn't mean his pick at 3 would have been justified, he would need to stack up multiple years of dominant and consistent play before the pick is justified.

The nOOb is spot on.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
11-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Where is the thread calling out all the dumbasses about being wrong about Sanchez? This can be a two way street IMO.
Posted via Mobile Device

Who's wrong? Who's right? Sanchez has been neither disappointing nor overly impressive. still a lot to learn about the kid.

Tribal Warfare
11-21-2009, 06:14 PM
The n00b is spot on.
Posted via Mobile Device

FYP

Raised On Riots
11-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You rang?....:D

WilliamTheIrish
11-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You must have missed every Sunday the Jets won. Those threads don't materialize when the Jets lose.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 06:13 AM
You must have missed every Sunday the Jets won. Those threads don't materialize when the Jets lose.

And, since the Jets haven't been winning much of late.... largely due to Sanchez's poor decisions..... they aren't around much.

He has a very good team around him, with a good defense and running game and he is still finding ways to lose.

He is still a young QB... and most young QB's struggle, but he has not proven to be anything 'special' to this point. Clearly not having a similar year to that of Matt Ryan last year, or even Joe Flacco.

Stafford is playing better on a much worse team.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 06:24 AM

#1) Perhaps, but if Mecca didn't try to act like he was all knowing, these threads wouldn't happen.

#2) If so, I haven't seen it. He has been wrong about Hali, and way oversold Sanchez, which are the two biggest dissagreements I have had with him.

#3) I posted once that I would be happy with Orapko, but he wasn't my first choice. I don't remember a ton of people wanting him. But, few were 'sure' he was going to be a bust. It is fine to have an opinion, but to sell it like anyone else who dissagrees with you is a moron or 'retard'.... is foolish and begs for threads like these.

#4) Mecca makes himself out to be an expert, and some actually buy into his BS. He is used to his fanclub sucking him off... so, this is probably pretty tough for him to handle.

#5) This goes back to number three, I think. Again, not about what he says, but about everyone who dissagrees with him being a 'retard'... or 'true fan'... or 'homer'... or whatever.

#6) Absolutely true. Much like Sanchez's good start to the season quickly turned, Orapko could flake out and be a bad pick. To make any judgements on 2009 draft picks is premature.

With that said, how many times have Mecca and his band of merry men, criticized the Tyson Jackson pick and pointed out how 'poorly' he is playing. Is it not the same both ways?

Anyways... Mecca has some good opinions. And, we are all wrong a lot....

But, the difference is that I am man enough to accept that I am not an 'expert'. I am a fan, and while I may have more experience with the game than most....my opinions are just as likely to be wrong as anyone elses.

doomy3
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Reading some of these responses is hilarious.

People are victimized being called a "Mecca Ballwasher," but anyone who agrees with anything our GM does is a "Pioli Ballwasher."

It is so funny anytime one of these threads pops up how many victims there are.

And, why in the hell should the DHB>Crabtree thing not be in debate as someone earlier said that was unfair? Crabtree will be a star in this league, and Mecca was dead wrong on him. Meanwhile, DHB will most likely never amount to shit.

JASONSAUTO
11-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

i thought this WAS that thread:D how has your boy played lately

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2009, 09:47 AM

Like a typical rookie QB.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 06:34 PM

Yep.... a typical rookie QB, not one that justified being picked top five. Especially considering the talent around him. His QB rating is worse than both Stafford and Freeman, and he is surrounded by MUCH better talent.

I would have thought he would be 'special'.... but typical pretty much describes him. You nailed it.

JASONSAUTO
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM

ROFL a typical rookie?or a top 5 qb? its been a rough go for him lately, and im not even rooting against him

Raised On Riots
11-23-2009, 08:29 PM
Yep.... a typical rookie QB, not one that justified being picked top five. Especially considering the talent around him. His QB rating is worse than both Stafford and Freeman, and he is surrounded by MUCH better talent.

I would have thought he would be 'special'.... but typical pretty much describes him. You nailed it.

ROFL a typical rookie?or a top 5 qb? its been a rough go for him lately, and im not even rooting against him

Here you go fellas, have some more:

http://www.ahlstrand-marine.com/marinerssupplystore/manila/rope%20spool.JPG

I've got a nice Oak tree picked out for you already.

milkman
11-23-2009, 08:43 PM

I really should stay away from this, but what the hell, arguments are nothing new to me, and I'm sure someone will chime in and want to argue.

Some of us that were/are really high on Sanchez thought that he was/is a kid that should be sitting the bench for his first season.

We recognized the fact that, in spite of the talent he possesses, he was still pretty inexperienced and would benefit from learning on the sidelines.

I still think he has huge upside potential, but he has a lot to learn still before he begins to realize it.

TheGuardian
11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
When you watch Sanchez you can see that he really has no field awareness. Much like running back vision, it's something you either have or don't really. When I see Sanchez he has no idea of where he is or where the zones are or where he needs to step in order to see the lanes. Matty Ryan and Flacco both had these intangibles. I never once got the Sanchez love on this board.

Cassel >>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez and that's pretty much how it's prolly always gonna be.

Skip Towne
11-23-2009, 09:16 PM
When you watch Sanchez you can see that he really has no field awareness. Much like running back vision, it's something you either have or don't really. When I see Sanchez he has no idea of where he is or where the zones are or where he needs to step in order to see the lanes. Matty Ryan and Flacco both had these intangibles. I never once got the Sanchez love on this board.

Cassel >>>>>>>>>>>> Sanchez and that's pretty much how it's prolly always gonna be.

Wasn't it Dane 90210 who said he could tell Sanchez was a future HOF after two games?

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Wasn't it Dane 90210 who said he could tell Sanchez was a future HOF after two games?

Dude, you'd better see a doctor because you're losing it

dirk digler
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM

LMAO @ Dane 90210. Sorry Dane I couldn't resist laughing. :)

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2009, 09:26 PM
LMAO @ Dane 90210. Sorry Dane I couldn't resist laughing. :)

No, you're right, it's good.

:D

But the other part: WTF?

dirk digler
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
No, you're right, it's good.

:D

But the other part: WTF?

I will stick up for you there you said he was a lock for the HOF after 3 games. Skip's definitely losing it. :D

:p

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
I will stick up for you there you said he was a lock for the HOF after 3 games. Skip's definitely losing it. :D

:p

LMAO

You know, the funniest part of this Sanchez thing is that if you go back to January, I was pimping Stafford BIG TIME. But at some point, Detroit made their intentions known so before the Cassel trade, I really thought they'd take Sanchez.

For the record, I think that both Cassel AND Sanchez will get it "figured out" but clearly (and rightfully so), Cassel's further along.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2009, 09:33 PM
Here is the Jets board
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=51170

You could almost switch their posters out for ours, kind of scary.

Kyle DeLexus
11-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Reading some of these responses is hilarious.

People are victimized being called a "Mecca Ballwasher," but anyone who agrees with anything our GM does is a "Pioli Ballwasher."

It is so funny anytime one of these threads pops up how many victims there are.

And, why in the hell should the DHB>Crabtree thing not be in debate as someone earlier said that was unfair? Crabtree will be a star in this league, and Mecca was dead wrong on him. Meanwhile, DHB will most likely never amount to shit.Let's give it a few years before ordering Crabtree's HOF bust.

The reason it's not appropriate to call him on that is it hasn't even been a whole season yet. NO ONE on this board said that DHB was worth a top 10 pick, he was a huge reach and I have not seen one person say otherwise. He is/was a very raw prospect, but he has the potential to develope into a legit #1. Crabtree to me has limited potential and is a what you see is what you get kind of guy(he could develope better route running though). I still see him as a below average-average #1 or a legit #2, and he's shown less than stellar smarts with the holdout fiasco.

Take a wait and see approach, in a few years come back and if Crabtree is a star, I for one will say I was very wrong about him. DHB will likely never play to his potential now that he's in hell, but he still could. If they scrub Jaba Russell and get a legit QB and some better coaching he might turn out alright still. That's a lot of ifs and a horrible track record in Oakland though.

dirk digler
11-23-2009, 09:40 PM
LMAO

You know, the funniest part of this Sanchez thing is that if you go back to January, I was pimping Stafford BIG TIME. But at some point, Detroit made their intentions known so before the Cassel trade, I really thought they'd take Sanchez.

For the record, I think that both Cassel AND Sanchez will get it "figured out" but clearly (and rightfully so), Cassel's further along.

For the record I only wanted Stafford I didn't want Sanchez or Cassel but shit what do I know.

I think both QB's might be able to turn it around but Sanchez is going to have a hard time because he plays in NY. Tough place to be a rookie QB that is struggling but hey if Eli can make it anyone can.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2009, 09:47 PM
Like I said at draft time I will say it again now, Stafford's potential is John Elway; Sanchez's is Troy Aikman.

dirk digler
11-23-2009, 09:55 PM
Here is the Jets board
http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=51170

You could almost switch their posters out for ours, kind of scary.

It is pretty scary. Sanchez right now is playing pretty much what I expected since he only started 1 year at USC. Mecca and the others were right when they said maybe he should sit for a year.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2009, 10:01 PM
It is pretty scary. Sanchez right now is playing pretty much what I expected since he only started 1 year at USC. Mecca and the others were right when they said maybe he should sit for a year.

Or at least till the bye week thats when I thought it would be a good time to start him, at least for the Chiefs. I wanted to bring in a Jon Kitna/Joey Harrington type for the first half, take the beat downs, let him learn alittle about being a pro, then throw him to the wolves.

Raised On Riots
11-23-2009, 11:19 PM

Billay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Guardian, and he's more entertaining as well.

Asshat.

Raised On Riots
11-29-2009, 06:09 PM

Pop Quiz, Cockholsters:

Which of the following two Quarterbacks got a win today, 180 yards of redemption, and did NOT get pulled by his Head Coach after weeks of inferior play?
Was it,

A) Matt Cassel

or

B) Mark Sanchez

(jeopardy music plays in background)

milkman
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Pop Quiz, Cockholsters:

Which of the following two Quarterbacks got a win today, 180 yards of redemption, and did NOT get pulled by his Head Coach after weeks of inferior play?
Was it,

A) Matt Cassel

or

B) Mark Sanchez

I didn't watch the Jets today, but I don't think his numbers are anything to write home about, and if the Jets had a credible backup, he should have been pulled 3 weeks ago.

The reality is, he should never have been starting this season.

He needed time to learn from the bench.

TheGuardian
11-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Pop Quiz, Cockholsters:

Was it,

A) Matt Cassel

or

B) Mark Sanchez

God knows Sanchez' 154 yards passing and zero touchdowns is certainly what put the Jets over the top in that win. Right?

Sanchez sucks, and you and Billay are cum dumpsters. So shut your cock holster and get back to work. Break time is over.

Pablo
11-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Pop Quiz, Cockholsters:

Was it,

A) Matt Cassel

or

B) Mark Sanchez

(jeopardy music plays in background)Because the Jets are winning because of Sanchez, not in spite of him...correct? I mean, Delhomme gives the ball away 4 times, and Sanchez tries to emulate him with a pick of him own.

Crazy that without a Reevis INT for a TD, the Jets win 9-6. Just a stunning victory for Sanchez. He sure did have a pretty completion stat-line though.

Raised On Riots
11-29-2009, 06:23 PM
I didn't watch the Jets today, but I don't think his numbers are anything to write home about, and if the Jets had a credible backup, he should have been pulled 3 weeks ago.

The reality is, he should never have been starting this season.

He needed time to learn from the bench.

He's been less than ideal, but he seems to have the short memory necessary to put the negatives behind him and keep plowing on.

God knows Sanchez' 154 yards passing and zero touchdowns is certainly what put the Jets over the top in that win. Right?

Sanchez sucks, and you and Billay are cum dumpsters. So shut your cock holster and get back to work. Break time is over.

But...but...you didn't answer the question!LMAO

Pablo
11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
He's been less than ideal, but he seems to have the short memory necessary to put the negatives behind him and keep plowing on.

What's your definition of "plowing on"?

Being restricted to only 17 passing attempts(because he's probably lost his coaches trust) and throwing one INT in a victory against the Carolina f*cking Panthers and Jake "Here take this football please, it's really inconvenient to hold it" Delhomme?

I mean fuck, his play has been down-right atrocious at times this year, and this week was comparably better than the weeks before, but throwing an INT with only 17 attempts is not ideal.

Raised On Riots
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Because the Jets are winning because of Sanchez, not in spite of him...correct? I mean, Delhomme gives the ball away 4 times, and Sanchez tries to emulate him with a pick of him own.

Crazy that without a Reevis INT for a TD, the Jets win 9-6. Just a stunning victory for Sanchez. He sure did have a pretty completion stat-line though.

Look, you're just going to have to realize that these guys are in similar situations at opposite spectrums.

Doomy3 hedged his bet on Cassel being more experienced, and I hedged mine on Sanchez having better talent around him.
And I said as much when we started this. And it's why that even with Cassel missing one start, Sanchez has never led in the race by more than a 100 yards after both teams had their bye weeks.

It is what it is, and there are no extenuating circumstances.

Raised On Riots
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
What's your definition of "plowing on"?

Being restricted to only 17 passing attempts(because he's probably lost his coaches trust) and throwing one INT in a victory against the Carolina f*cking Panthers and Jake "Here take this football please, it's really inconvenient to hold it" Delhomme?

I mean fuck, his play has been down-right atrocious at times this year, and this week was comparably better than the weeks before, but throwing an INT with only 17 attempts is not ideal.

He's minus his offense's #1 impact player, and you can't deny that it has affected his play. Like I said above; I hedged the bet on the talent around him.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2009, 09:23 PM

But...but...you didn't answer the question!LMAO

What is he "plowing" along with? He's been god awful.

Without the Jets defense this week, he's lost another game because he can't move the team down the field.

I'm tired of hearing the "he's just a rookie" as an excuse. This isn't 1998. Rookie QBs can come into this league and make an impact.

Since his 3-0 start, he's thrown just 6 TDs in 8 games with 14 interceptions.

What options does he have? Can he quit? I really don't know if he's plowing along rather than just running in space and taking steps back in his development.

He's just not a good QB right now and defending him is complete lunacy at this point. The NY media is going to eat him alive. You'll see how much he plows along next year when his honeymoon phase is over.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2009, 09:24 PM
He's minus his offense's #1 impact player, and you can't deny that it has affected his play. Like I said above; I hedged the bet on the talent around him.

What????

Leon Washington is a good player, but this is hindering Sanchez's progress?

The Jets have a great run game with Thomas Jones to take all the heat off Sanchez. Shonn Greene can fill in when necessary.

Sanchez has some nice weapons to work with, a great offensive line and some options at receiver and he's "plowing" along.

Raised On Riots
11-29-2009, 09:42 PM
What????

Leon Washington is a good player, but this is hindering Sanchez's progress?

The Jets have a great run game with Thomas Jones to take all the heat off Sanchez. Shonn Greene can fill in when necessary.

Sanchez has some nice weapons to work with, a great offensive line and some options at receiver and he's "plowing" along.

Oh horseshit. You know damned good and well they were using Washington for more than just a fucking running back.
And I've NEVER, NEVER, EVER pulled the "he's just a rookie"-card out of my wallet throughout all of this.

He's two touchdowns behind Cassel, he's "carried" the team for the win as much as Cassel ever has this season, and he didn't get fucking YANKED by his Head Coach during a fucking game.

"If's, but's, candy and nuts"- the fucking Mantra of Chiefs Planet.

DeezNutz
11-29-2009, 09:43 PM
This isn't 1998. Rookie QBs can come into this league and make an impact.

I largely disagree with this.

Exceptions cannot set the rule and should not cloud our expectations.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Oh horseshit. You know damned good and well they were using Washington for more than just a ****ing running back.
And I've NEVER, NEVER, EVER pulled the "he's just a rookie"-card out of my wallet throughout all of this.

He's two touchdowns behind Cassel, he's "carried" the team for the win as much as Cassel ever has this season, and he didn't get ****ing YANKED by his Head Coach during a ****ing game.

"If's, but's, candy and nuts"- the ****ing Mantra of Chiefs Planet.

You're right, only on Chiefsplanet would I read that a 3rd down back is responsible for the stunted development of a rookie QB.

notorious
11-29-2009, 09:47 PM

True.

The way the game is officiated today sets up a rookie QB to have a better chance to succeed, but by no means makes success is the norm.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2009, 09:49 PM

Expectations are set that every rookie QB is going to suck. They are set this way because once upon a time that's the way it was. It's not that way anymore.

Mark Sanchez walked into a pretty enviable offense for a rookie to manage with that offensive line, a great running game and an ascending tight end plus now he has 2 decent options on the outside.

He should be better than he is.

-King-
11-29-2009, 09:50 PM

So you're telling me not to expect our next qb drafted in the 6th round to be a hall of famer? FUCK!!!:cuss:

DeezNutz
11-29-2009, 09:51 PM
So you're telling me not to expect our next qb drafted in the 6th round to be a hall of famer? ****!!!:cuss:

Don't tell that to a lot of our betters on this site, who noted Pioli's success with late round QB selections.

DeezNutz
11-29-2009, 09:55 PM
Expectations are set that every rookie QB is going to suck. They are set this way because once upon a time that's the way it was. It's not that way anymore.

Mark Sanchez walked into a pretty enviable offense for a rookie to manage with that offensive line, a great running game and an ascending tight end plus now he has 2 decent options on the outside.

But I don't agree with that, either. My expectations would be to see an ascending player, but one who has some extreme lows along the way.

Sanchez has been really bad lately, but it's a huge mistake for him even to be playing at this point. His upside is tremendous, but he needed some learning time.

Trial by fire was the absolute worst thing to do to him. I wanted him in a Chiefs uniform, and squarely on the bench for AT LEAST the first 8 games.

But I'll be content to continue to watch our newest backup QB flounder along until we pull an anti-Carl move and actually draft a player who has the potential to be a franchise caliber QB.

Raised On Riots
11-29-2009, 09:56 PM

You won't see another Flacco/Ryan scenario for 10 to 15 years. I'll stake my soul on it.

DeezNutz
11-29-2009, 10:00 PM
You won't see another Flacco/Ryan scenario for 10 to 15 years. I'll stake my soul on it.

Good grief, dude. Two kids who might make Elway look like a fucking scrub might just now be learning to wipe their own asses.

Who knows what's going to happen next year, let alone in that time frame. Fuck, I hope I'm sucking air then.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2009, 10:36 PM
But I don't agree with that, either. My expectations would be to see an ascending player, but one who has some extreme lows along the way.

Sanchez has been really bad lately, but it's a huge mistake for him even to be playing at this point. His upside is tremendous, but he needed some learning time.

Trial by fire was the absolute worst thing to do to him. I wanted him in a Chiefs uniform, and squarely on the bench for AT LEAST the first 8 games.

But I'll be content to continue to watch our newest backup QB flounder along until we pull an anti-Carl move and actually draft a player who has the potential to be a franchise caliber QB.

This.

doomy3
11-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Oh horseshit. You know damned good and well they were using Washington for more than just a ****ing running back.

He's two touchdowns behind Cassel, he's "carried" the team for the win as much as Cassel ever has this season, and he didn't get ****ing YANKED by his Head Coach during a ****ing game.

"If's, but's, candy and nuts"- the ****ing Mantra of Chiefs Planet.

You keep repeating this shit, and it's fucking stupid.

Did Cassel play well today? No.

But, he wasn't "yanked" due to poor play. He was taken out of the game when it was out of reach. The same way Charles, Rivers, LT, and others were removed from the game.

Are you really as dense as you act on this board?

Buehler445
11-29-2009, 10:54 PM
I really should stay away from this, but what the hell, arguments are nothing new to me, and I'm sure someone will chime in and want to argue.

Some of us that were/are really high on Sanchez thought that he was/is a kid that should be sitting the bench for his first season.

We recognized the fact that, in spite of the talent he possesses, he was still pretty inexperienced and would benefit from learning on the sidelines.

I still think he has huge upside potential, but he has a lot to learn still before he begins to realize it.

Good grief, dude. Two kids who might make Elway look like a fucking scrub might just now be learning to wipe their own asses.

Who knows what's going to happen next year, let alone in that time frame. Fuck, I hope I'm sucking air then.

I should stay out too, but fuck it, I'm procrastinating other shit.

This is the way it is. It was a major :spock: moment when they named him the starter. He had something like 16 college starts. Sit the motherfucker. Seriously. The Jets are dumb.

Buehler445
11-29-2009, 10:56 PM
It should be noted that I have no idea if he will be any good or not. There is a distinct possibility that he could be dumb as JaFatass, or ruined already. The above post doesn't imply one way or the other.