PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1994 Chiefs 49ers

beach tribe
11-21-2009, 11:46 AM
This was one of the highest places I myself, as a Chiefs fan, can remember them taking me. I'm 29 so I'm too young to have seen any of the real glory that this team has achieved.
So I'm watching the story of the 1994 49ers, and can't help but feel a little bitter about 0 superbowls for all my favorites. They will always look back at the 90s, and see 0 MFing Super Bowls.
Yea, it makes me bitter.
Then as they were getting into all of the side stories, that they had to survive on their way the SB, They brought Joe to town, They licked Joes Balls for about 20 min before showing the fans in SF cheering Joe as he slices the 49ers up, and down, and somewhere in the world, I am experiencing one of the most satisfying games I will ever know.
Then as they flipped it into just another adversity that the star of the SB show, Steve Young, had to endure on his way to being a hero to the people in SF, they slid in, "oh and 4 of 5 of the 9ers starting Offensive linemen were out of the game. Steve had no time to throw"
IS THIS TRUE??? REALLY???
Was he missing his entire O-line for that game?
I want some answers.

Agent V
11-21-2009, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure. I doubt NFL Films would lie about it. Watching Steve Young get his ass kicked (missing o-line or not) is an absolute delight.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2009, 12:30 PM
If you ever want to watch it again, one of our members here has an excellent old Chiefs games page. Nearly every old game you would ever want to watch.

http://www.kcchiefsgames.com/

beach tribe
11-21-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm not sure. I doubt NFL Films would lie about it. Watching Steve Young get his ass kicked (missing o-line or not) is an absolute delight.
I've tried to look it up, and haven't found anything. I have a hard time believing this. I guess I shouldn't let something that happened when I was 14 bother me, but ALL of my friends were 49er fans, and this game was so huge for us back then, and I remember the game like it was yesterday, but I don't remember anyone ever saying that all the o-linemen were out. F-it.

beach tribe
11-21-2009, 12:49 PM
If you ever want to watch it again, one of our members here has an excellent old Chiefs games page. Nearly every old game you would ever want to watch.

http://www.kcchiefsgames.com/

Spent a lot of time there. Didn't Fat Elvis start that thread?

Deberg_1990
11-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Spent a lot of time there. Didn't Fat Elvis start that thread?

I think C-Mac runs the site. Not 100% sure...

Calcountry
11-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I've tried to look it up, and haven't found anything. I have a hard time believing this. I guess I shouldn't let something that happened when I was 14 bother me, but ALL of my friends were 49er fans, and this game was so huge for us back then, and I remember the game like it was yesterday, but I don't remember anyone ever saying that all the o-linemen were out. F-it.I remember that game and am from SF area, and sorry to report that most of the niners starting oline were out that game iirc.

QuikSsurfer
11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I think C-Mac runs the site. Not 100% sure...

He does.