PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs OC, QB, and WR OTF?

RustShack
11-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Weis' demise could lead to Clausen, Tate leaving
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 21, 2009 7:17 PM ET
The guessing game regarding Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis' future probably ended Saturday in South Bend.

Another home loss -- this time in overtime to UConn 33-27 in double overtime -- is expected to seal Weis' fate at the school, if it wasn't already.

So why are we posting this here rather than CollegeFootballTalk or Inside the Irish?

Weis' removal will likely have a ripple effect on the NFL Draft. As NBC announcer Pat Haden pointed out after Saturday's loss, quarterback Jimmy Clausen came to Notre Dame to work under Weis. He's unlikely to stay if Weis is removed. (As a potential first-round pick, there was a good chance he would leave already.)

With Weis and Clausen possibly on their way out, ultra-talented wide receiver Golden Tate also seems less likely to stick around.

Who knows, perhaps Weis can coach Clausen or Tate as their coordinator in the NFL next year.

Pioli Zombie
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM
This should be good.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
11-21-2009, 08:51 PM
This should be good.
Posted via Mobile Device

This.:thumb:

chiefzilla1501
11-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Weis' demise could lead to Clausen, Tate leaving
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 21, 2009 7:17 PM ET
The guessing game regarding Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis' future probably ended Saturday in South Bend.

Another home loss -- this time in overtime to UConn 33-27 in double overtime -- is expected to seal Weis' fate at the school, if it wasn't already.

So why are we posting this here rather than CollegeFootballTalk or Inside the Irish?

Weis' removal will likely have a ripple effect on the NFL Draft. As NBC announcer Pat Haden pointed out after Saturday's loss, quarterback Jimmy Clausen came to Notre Dame to work under Weis. He's unlikely to stay if Weis is removed. (As a potential first-round pick, there was a good chance he would leave already.)

With Weis and Clausen possibly on their way out, ultra-talented wide receiver Golden Tate also seems less likely to stick around.

Who knows, perhaps Weis can coach Clausen or Tate as their coordinator in the NFL next year.

I don't know how I feel about Weis as coordinator, but my guess is if Haley brings anyone in, it will be someone with a little less power and influence to be OC.

I really like Tate. I don't know anything about draft value, so I'm not even going to guess. But I feel like he could be a bit of a sleeper, if your goal is to look for more of a slot receiver.

I also really like Clausen and I know people will say I'm crazy, but I think he has more NFL potential than Stafford or Sanchez. I still think Stafford is the next coming of Jay Cutler. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Clausen in, given that Cassel is anything but a sure thing at this point.

Micjones
11-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd take Weis in a heartbeat.

Gravedigger
11-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Screw Clausen, after this season Romeo Crennell will be our DC and it'd be nice to pick up Weis for OC. Of course this means the Patsification of the Chiefs CONTINUES!!!!

Bane
11-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Screw Clausen, after this season Romeo Crennell will be our DC and it'd be nice to pick up Weis for OC. Of course this means the Patsification of the Chiefs CONTINUES!!!!

:clap:

HemiEd
11-22-2009, 04:41 AM
Golden Taint?

Pioli Zombie
11-22-2009, 08:11 AM
I don't know how I feel about Weis as coordinator, but my guess is if Haley brings anyone in, it will be someone with a little less power and influence to be OC.

I really like Tate. I don't know anything about draft value, so I'm not even going to guess. But I feel like he could be a bit of a sleeper, if your goal is to look for more of a slot receiver.

I also really like Clausen and I know people will say I'm crazy, but I think he has more NFL potential than Stafford or Sanchez. I still think Stafford is the next coming of Jay Cutler. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Clausen in, given that Cassel is anything but a sure thing at this point.
Only Jesus Christ has more potential than Sanchez, don't you know that?
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Only Jesus Christ has more potential than Sanchez, don't you know that?
Posted via Mobile Device

Your a dumbass go jump into an AIDS tree you Patriot faggot.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mr. Laz
11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
I would be ok with spending a middle round pick on a Clausen

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 09:31 AM
I would be ok with spending a middle round pick on a Clausen

He will be a top 5 draft pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 10:43 AM
He will be a top 5 draft pick.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup. And he should be. For as much shit as Notre Dame takes, Clausen has been outstanding this season. The only issue is that he's probably one of the least mobile of the blue-chip QB prospects to go into the draft in a very long time.