PDA

View Full Version : Misc Hangover remedies.

Tactical Funky
11-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Hit me.

Actually, I feel like I got hit by a truck... :doh!:

Easy 6
11-22-2009, 08:27 AM
1) the hottest, longest shower possible.

2) double or triple dose of your fave pain reliever.

3) food and lots of it.

4) couch + ass + tv = ahhh.

5) fruit juice to sip on, repeat dosing 4 hours later.

These steps worked pretty good for me just yesterday.

Blindside58
11-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Old School Alka-Seltzer and a glass of water before you go to sleep...Been doin it for 10 years after benders and not had too many hangovers....or the greasiest meal you can think of in the morning!

KCUnited
11-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Screwdriver.

Al Bundy
11-22-2009, 08:30 AM
I hope you didn't wake up with a skank lying next to you.

milkman
11-22-2009, 08:35 AM
Anti-Freeze.

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Hope you start feeling better buddy.

I don't miss days like that.

Bwana
11-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Lots of water
Asprin
Sleep

If none of those work.....http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:DynYpt0C04zYAM:http://tgscom.com/images/sharedimages/GunSourceFrontPage/Images/Glock19/Glock19.gif (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://tgscom.com/images/sharedimages/GunSourceFrontPage/Images/Glock19/Glock19.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.thegunsource.com/glock-20.aspx&usg=__43Zgh-5i_siHkj7WVtAeJEFG2h0=&h=302&w=405&sz=50&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=DynYpt0C04zYAM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dglock%2B20%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1)

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Old School Alka-Seltzer and a glass of water before you go to sleep...Been doin it for 10 years after benders and not had too many hangovers....or the greasiest meal you can think of in the morning!

Pedialyte and Alka seltzer

broncoholic
11-22-2009, 08:38 AM

This.

POND_OF_RED
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM
i always smoke a blunt in my hot tub. goes right away.

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 08:39 AM

My old roommate swore by this stuff. Esp if he had a little before he went to bed.

Bane
11-22-2009, 08:40 AM

LMAO

Mizzou_8541
11-22-2009, 08:41 AM
I've actually heard from a Ph.D of chemistry that the best method for a hangover is more alcohol...In moderate doses, of course. Sip on your favorite drink in the morning. This supposedly slows the cellular release of the chemical the is making you feel terrible...or something like that.

bevischief
11-22-2009, 08:42 AM
This.

2nd.

tmax63
11-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Dehydration is the cause of most of it. Drinking a big glass of water prior to sleeping is helpful but whatever fluid you can get down now (except coffee since it's a diuretic) will help.

Easy 6
11-22-2009, 08:50 AM
I've actually heard from a Ph.D of chemistry that the best method for a hangover is more alcohol...In moderate doses, of course. Sip on your favorite drink in the morning. This supposedly slows the cellular release of the chemical the is making you feel terrible...or something like that.

Its true, hair of the dog really works... the very few times i've been able to do it that is.

But just the smell of alcohol after a long night :shake:, i cant usually bring myself to do it... i'd rather eat/smell fresh dog sh*t.

LaChapelle
11-22-2009, 09:30 AM
time

Delano
11-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Its true, hair of the dog really works... the very few times i've been able to do it that is.

But just the smell of alcohol after a long night :shake:, i cant usually bring myself to do it... i'd rather eat/smell fresh dog sh*t.

I usually have to muscle through the first couple. If I can, I usually drink one of these with a couple of aspirin.

http://foodbeast.com/content/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/gatorade-focus.jpg

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2009, 09:33 AM

This.

splatbass
11-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Hit me.

Hey TF, haven't seen you on the other board for a while. My cure for a hangover is prevention. No, I don't mean not drinking....:)

I take an herbal supplement called Liver Guard. It supercharges your liver and makes it process the alcohol faster. When alcohol breaks down in your system there is a chemical created that is essentially a poison. It is responsible for a big part of your hangover. Liver Guard counteracts it.

The second part of a hangover is dehydration. Take care of those two things the night before and you'll be fine. I take one Liver Guard before I go out, and two when I get home along with some Gatorade. I never have hangovers anymore. It is a lot easier to prevent it than to cure it afterward.

I told my friend about this just before we went to Las Vegas in October. He forgot to take it the first night and woke up with a hangover (I remembered and was fine). The next three nights he took it and never had another hangover. He is a believer now.

Sorry I can't help you now, but try this next time. :)

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1197/

Easy 6
11-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I forget what they were called & havent even seen them sold anywhere in forever, but i tried those 'hangover pills' that you take before drinking & they supposedly block a hangover... uhhh yea, pure garbage, they didnt do jack.

btw - i'd stick with the Gatorade, Delano :).

Tactical Funky
11-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Hey, splat! Good to run into you again. I'll give that stuff a shot on my next bender. :D

Thanks for the advice, all. I drink pretty often but I haven't had a hangover like this in ages. I'm keeping hydrated, just ate a hearty meal of eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, and pancakes, and I'm now relaxing on the couch getting ready for the game. :)

luv
11-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Sleep. That's what I do. Take some Tylenol PM to knock myself out.

Tactical Funky
11-22-2009, 09:57 AM
Sleep. That's what I do. Take some Tylenol PM to knock myself out.
Yeah, that's what I'm planning on doing after the game. I got 5 hours of sleep last night, but after drinking it feels more like none.

CoMoChief
11-22-2009, 09:57 AM

Dude you never use your hot tub. This I dont know why, cuz if I had it I'd use it all the time. I'll buy it from you. Or if you come outside one day and its not there, youll know where it's at.

But pot does help....A LOT. If you're not into that or don't have any, take 2-3 excedrin, drink lots of Gatorade and take a nap for a couple hrs.

Ebolapox
11-22-2009, 10:00 AM
I have the best remedy of all. I don't really drink, so hangovers aren't an issue.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Mexican food with lightly salted or unsalted chips and lots of salsa. The salsa really helps.

Gatorade can be helpful as well.

After consuming huge amount of the above, go back to sleep.

luv
11-22-2009, 10:30 AM
I have the best remedy of all. I don't really drink, so hangovers aren't an issue.

Fuck that.

:p

splatbass
11-22-2009, 10:30 AM

Your cure is worse than the disease. ;)

Demonpenz
11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
tylonal is broken down on your liver so you probably don't want to take that while your body is trying to do it's work on 20 times the amount of alcohol it is supposed to. I ususally take some dramimine if i can't keep any food down, that helps with nausua, vomit, dizziness, water, then some diary to settle your stomach, greesy food man fries or potatoes really make me sicker. Alka Seltzer makes a hangover tablet which is good for if you have to work with a hangover because it has caffeene and pain relievers. Moslty it is just management because time is the only thing that makes it better.

sodcat
11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
T-I-M-E

a-yep!

Demonpenz
11-22-2009, 10:35 AM
pot is good relieves nausua, pain, makes you relax so you are just cramped up all day. makes you thirsty

Demonpenz
11-22-2009, 10:36 AM
on sundays when i don't have time for hangovers I ususally drink hair of the dog, a couple of Dramimine, asprin, and lots of energy drinks to get the party started again to make it through a football day. I am an alcoholic though so everything I say probably isn't good for you.

bevischief
11-22-2009, 10:42 AM
on sundays when i don't have time for hangovers I ususally drink hair of the dog, a couple of Dramimine, asprin, and lots of energy drinks to get the party started again to make it through a football day. I am an alcoholic though so everything I say probably isn't good for you.

Do you go to meetings?
Posted via Mobile Device

NCarlsCorner2
11-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Drink a Coke.

Ebolapox
11-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Your cure is worse than the disease. ;)

in general, when I DO drink (oh, maybe once a year or so--I have to limit it, from a long line of alcoholics), I drink clear alcohols... in decent amounts in moderation, hangovers are rare.

Stanley Nickels
11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Large glass of water, ibuprofen and Vitamin B-12 before bed. Water and ibuprofin work on the dehydration and the b-12 restores the enzyme levels in the liver. Worst I've felt after the longest night of drinking is sleepiness

Buzzsaw
11-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Mexican food with lightly salted or unsalted chips and lots of salsa. The salsa really helps.

Hell yeah. Carne asada burrito with spicy salsa and/or peppers.

And a bong hit afterwards.

splatbass
11-22-2009, 11:00 AM
in general, when I DO drink (oh, maybe once a year or so--I have to limit it, from a long line of alcoholics), I drink clear alcohols... in decent amounts in moderation, hangovers are rare.

I agree about clear alcohols. I drink either gin, vodka or tequila (blanco or plata), never whiskey or other dark liquor.

NewChief
11-22-2009, 11:23 AM
Probably already been said, but this is the wonder cure:

http://nolofitness.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/emergenc.jpg

Over-Head
11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
Hit me.

Puke and get it over with.
Have a monster dump,
take a shower,
drink a shit load of Gatoraide

Over-Head
11-22-2009, 12:59 PM
pot is good relieves nausua, pain, makes you relax so you are just cramped up all day. makes you thirsty
This

Param
11-22-2009, 01:09 PM

double this. And since it makes u thirsty drink water and eat something.

MichaelH
11-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I drink a lot but always beer and I hardly have a hangover. But when I do, I drink lots of fluids and get some exercise to sweat it all out. Then I cook a nice fat burger on the grill and cover it with lots of cheese and mayo.