PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I've seen enough of Matt Cassel....

Pages : [1] 2

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:21 PM
This guy sucks ass. He has no fucking clue of what is going on. Holds the ball when he shouldn't, throws bullets on 5 yard passes and weak arms long balls, scrambles out of the pocket when no one is around him and forgets we have these things called Time Outs.

Chalk it up to a bad signing, who knew?, whatever you want to call it. He stinks.

-King-
11-22-2009, 12:23 PM
And on top of everything else, he's a message board troll now? Starting multiple threads during a game like he's petegz28?

****ing hell.

Sorry but I just thought of that seeing this thread.

BCD
All this Cassel bashing is reminiscent of 2001...

chris
This guy sucks ass. He has no ****ing clue of what is going on. Holds the ball when he shouldn't, throws bullets on 5 yard passes and weak arms long balls, scrambles out of the pocket when no one is around him and forgets we have these things called Time Outs.

Chalk it up to a bad signing, who knew?, whatever you want to call it. He stinks.

Feel better now???

Ranting done?

Did you notice receivers are not getting any separation?

Or He has no time to throw?

He can't do it all himself.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Hes had some bad games and ive been critical of him.

But today he truly hasnt had the time to look down field at all.

The Steelers D rules and our O-Line cant hold blocks.

jjjayb
It's not his fault. Leave Cassel alone!

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/0/06/Crocker1.JPG

KCrockaholic
I guess you kind of have a point with the timeouts. Cassel could have called a timeout just as easily as Todd Haley. All the blame can't go to Todd.

Pablo
All this Cassel bashing is reminiscent of 2001...Oh God, not another Trent Green comparison. We are dooooomed if Cassel is just another Trent Green/CP

petegz28
Feel better now???

Ranting done?

Thigpen > Cassel

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Oh God, not another Trent Green comparison. We are dooooomed if Cassel is just another Trent Green/CP

Cassel couldn't carry Trent's jock

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:27 PM
I guess you kind of have a point with the timeouts. Cassel could have called a timeout just as easily as Todd Haley. All the blame can't go to Todd.

Haley is just as much at fault but the QB is supposed to be the field general. He should be aware of the situation and not need the HC to call the TO.

milkman
11-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Hes had some bad games and ive been critical of him.

But today he truly hasnt had the time to look down field at all.

Sorry, but that's bullshit.

DeezNutz
11-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Cassel hasn't had time replies. LMAO.

We brought in a backup QB, and, SURPRISE, he plays like one.

Farzin
11-22-2009, 12:29 PM
The Trent Green/Matt Cassel comparison is very annoying. Just because Green struggled in his first year as a Chief doesn't mean every big name QB that joins the Chiefs will follow his footsteps.

BCD
11-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Thigpen > CasselWhat were your thoughts on Green in 2001? 24 INTs. Cassel won't come close to that. I'm not thrilled with Casell, but he needs some talent around him. If you wanna be pissed at someone, be pissed at Pioli for not find the right 53 to protect him.

Coogs
FWIW, I would like to see a QB switch as well.

Mr. Laz
one thing you can be sure of in life is that Pete will have the majority of the posts in a pete started thread.

petegz28
Cassel hasn't had time replies. LMAO.

We brought in a backup QB, and, SURPRISE, he plays like one.

Cassel reminds me too much of Huard. Depends more on luck than anything. I woudl rather have Thigy or Brodie in right now. Give me someone who is hungry and wants to produce.

LaChapelle
11-22-2009, 12:32 PM
good 4 you
have a cookie and a juice box

beach tribe
We heard you after week one dumbass.

Get it through your head. MATT CASSEL WILL NOT BE COMING OUT.

Unless he's hurt. Quit crying. The whole team is a joke. Not just him. Until we get better personnel, the coach, and the QB have a free pass, so let it go.

RustShack
I'll wait to decide on him. Most QB's aren't good their first year in an offense.

-King-
I want to see what Croyle can do. Im positive he would be better.

BCD
The Trent Green/Matt Cassel comparison is very annoying. Just because Green struggled in his first year as a Chief doesn't mean every big name QB that joins the Chiefs will follow his footsteps.I never said that. But Green DID improve when we got him some help. You'd have to be retarded not to see that. FWIW, I dont think Green was great, he was a product of the system in place for the most part.

DeezNutz
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
19 yards passing in the first half. LMAO.

beach tribe
11-22-2009, 12:34 PM
And I am Croyles biggest advocate.

BUt it's just not gonna happen. I'm sure Pioli is gonna go" LOOK AT ME!! I"M A MORAN(cps)"

Nope.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:34 PM
We heard you after week one dumbass.

Get it through your head. MATT CASSEL WILL NOT BE COMING OUT.

Unless he's hurt. Quit crying. The whole team is a joke. Not just him. Until we get better personnel, the coach, and the QB have a free pass, so let it go.

Really? Cassel didn't play week one, dumbass.:)

MadMax
11-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Feel better now???

Ranting done?

Actually he is exactly what I knew he was before they made him a multi-millionaire, a scrub BU QB. But go ahead a make excuses for him, many here will.

The Bad Guy
Fuck off Pete.

Coogs

THIS! If the 3rd quarter goes like the first half, you got to make the change don't you?

BCD
Cassel couldn't carry Trent's jockI say BS! I bet Cassel would have been just as successful on that O. That O was not about Green, it was about the OL and Priest and TG.

Bugeater
TAGS: pete's_weekly_bitch_thread , oh god not this shit again

beach tribe
11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Really? Cassel didn't play week one, dumbass.:)

And you off the Cassel bandwagon before the season even started.

BCD
THIS! If the 3rd quarter goes like the first half, you got to make the change don't you?You would think, but NO WAY could I see Haley doing that.

beach tribe
one thing you can be sure of in life is that Pete will have the majority of the posts in a pete started thread.
QFTROFL

petegz28
And you off the Cassel bandwagon before the season even started.

Wrong again....

keep slinging...you're bound to hit the mark sooner or later

beach tribe
You would think, but NO WAY could I see Haley doing that.

WILL NOT HAPPEN.

Coogs
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
You would think, but NO WAY could I see Haley doing that.

Another possession starting around mid-field. If he doesn't make something happen here... blowout. Defense really needs a rest, and some faith in the offense. Charles has been a huge upgrade over LJ. QB's turn.

milkman
11-22-2009, 12:38 PM
I say BS! I bet Cassel would have been just as successful on that O. That O was not about Green, it was about the OL and Priest and TG.

While Green threw 24 ints, he also threw for 3700 yards in his first season as a Chief, and that O-Line wasn't in place, Priest wsn't established early, and he was throwing to Snoop Minnis and who?

Will Cassel hit 2000 yards this season?

BigChiefFan
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Time for Matty boy to step up his game. Complete the pass, man. Let's go.

RINGLEADER
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Cassel is not playing well. Not sure it is all his fault though...

BigChiefFan
11-22-2009, 12:41 PM
Finally. Keep it up.

Coogs
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Finally. Keep it up.

About fugging time!

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Good finish to a very bad start on that drive.

chris
11-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Pete, you are sorta quiet now. What's wrong?

ROFL

beach tribe
11-22-2009, 12:43 PM

Shut up.

Micjones
11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
I've seen enough of Matt Cassel. TD throwing bastard!

chris
11-22-2009, 12:44 PM

Lame.

I hope you washed your foot this morning. how does it taste?

BCD
11-22-2009, 12:45 PM
While Green threw 24 ints, he also threw for 3700 yards in his first season as a Chief, and that O-Line wasn't in place, Priest wsn't established early, and he was throwing to Snoop Minnis and who?

Will Cassel hit 2000 yards this season?Green at least had a running game. Priest had 1555 yrds. Look, I dont think Cassel will be anything great, but as everyone here agrees, this team is void of talent. Its difficult for me to see a QB play up to his potential in this situation.

Deberg_1990
Cassel looked awful on that TD drive. :)

donkhater
Has Cassel played well? No. But it's funny how nearly everyone on this board feels as if at least 2-3 OL are needed to be a good line. A WR gets picked up on Wednesday and is the leading reciever the following week. ALL YEAR. The leading rusher gets cut.

And what does this bunch focus on? That they need a new QB.

Riiiight.

That'll solve everything.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Pete, you are sorta quiet now. What's wrong?

ROFL

Was back in the game thread. Nothing wrong, he still made some horrible passes on that drive. And if he hits Bradley is stride we get an easy 6.
But I am not going to slam him when he does good. I will give him credit for 1 decent drive out of 6-7 possesions.

chris
11-22-2009, 12:46 PM
Has Cassel played well? No. But it's funny how nearly everyone on this board feels as if at least 2-3 OL are needed to be a good line. A WR gets picked up on Wednesday and is the leading reciever the following week. ALL YEAR. The leading rusher gets cut.

Riiiight.

Rep!

BigChiefFan
11-22-2009, 12:48 PM
About fugging time!

Agreed, but I think many knew this was an evaluation year and they've put in SOME of the pieces, not ALL or even close. It's also the defending Super Bowl Champions we are playing. There's no way to fairly evaluate Cassel's play based on his surrounding cast, IMO.

beach tribe

Riiiight.

This.

This.

This. MFer.

donkhater
Green at least had a running game. Priest had 1555 yrds. Look, I dont think Cassel will be anything great, but as everyone here agrees, this team is void of talent. Its difficult for me to see a QB play up to his potential in this situation.

That's exactly right.

Who doesn't think Cassel played like an above average QB last season? He did have a great team around him. So how come we shouldn't be focused on getting that here? And when/if they do, do you think he'll play better? Of course.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:50 PM
That's exactly right.

Who doesn't think Cassel played like an above average QB last season? He did have a great team around him. So how come we shouldn't be focused on getting that here? And when/if they do, do you think he'll play better? Of course.

I hope he does get better. I really do. I want to see him succeed. I just get tired of his repeat mistakes game after game.

milkman
11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Agreed, but I think many knew this was an evaluation year and they've put in SOME of the pieces, not ALL or even close. It's also the defending Super Bowl Champions we are playing. There's no way to fairly evaluate Cassel's play based on his surrounding cast, IMO.

I disagree.

Until that last drive, when Cassel has had time in the pocket, he has been horrid.

kstater
11-22-2009, 12:51 PM
Shut up Pete

milkman
11-22-2009, 12:52 PM
But maybe that last drive is the turning point.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Wow, there is the Cassel I know....throws right into double coverage and lucky it wasn't picked

BigChiefFan
11-22-2009, 12:58 PM
I disagree.

Until that last drive, when Cassel has had time in the pocket, he has been horrid.
The numbers say differently. If he was terrible QB, he would have more picks than TDs and that isn't the case. He also has a sieve for an O-line. One of the worse WR corps until a few weeks ago and the worst TEs in the game, prior to Pope's arrival. Which was also just a few weeks ago. Nobody is claiming him as a stellar QB, but put some pieces around him and a solid O-line and I believe he has the tools to be a successful QB in the league. Basing his performance solely on this year and this devoid team isn't giving him a fair shake, IMO. Nobody ever thought he would be the second coming of Peyton Manning, I don't know why some expect that.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:00 PM
The numbers say differently. If he was terrible QB, he would have more picks than TDs and that isn't the case. He also has a sieve for an O-line. One of the worse WR corps until a few weeks ago and the worst TEs in the game, prior to Pope's arrival. Which was also just a few weeks ago. Nobody is claiming him as a stellar QB, but put some pieces around him and a solid O-line and I believe he has the tools to be a successful QB in the league. Basing his performance solely on this year and this devoid team isn't giving him a fair shake, IMO. Nobody ever thought he would be the second coming of Peyton Manning, I don't know why some expect that.

It's hard to throw picks when you throw 4 yard passes all the time. Just sayin'

milkman
11-22-2009, 01:03 PM

I don't disagree, but the problem is, we gave a big contract to a game manager.

That's all he's going to ever be.

donkhater
I changed my mind.

10 games into the season (with this sh!t team), 26 games into a career is plenty of time to figure out if he is good enough. I don't think any QB that amounted to anything hadn't shown what they can do at this point in their career. :rolleyes:

BigChiefFan
It's hard to throw picks when you throw 4 yard passes all the time. Just sayin'...and yet, he still has the numbers, that indicate that isn't the only type of passes he's thrown all year.

Are you disputing the O-line being a sieve? How about the TEs? WRs?

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:04 PM
It's hard to throw picks when you throw 4 yard passes all the time. Just sayin'

Hard to throw longer than 4 yards when you're on your back if you wait longer.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:05 PM
...and yet, he still has the numbers, that indicate that isn't the only type of passes he's thrown all year.

Are you disputing the O-line being a sieve? How about the TEs? WRs?

Nope. But not excusing Cassel either.
How many drives of 3 and out do we have? How many times on 3rd and X does he throw sveral yards short of the marker?

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Is anyone even watching this game and seeing the difference in time each QB is getting? It's re-DONK-u-lous to even be talking about Cassel.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, way to hang onto the ball, Matt. 1st and goal and he takes the sack

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow, way to hang onto the ball, Matt. 1st and goal and he takes the sack

No one's open. :rolleyes:

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:10 PM
No one's open. :rolleyes:

So throw it away!!!!

1s and goal and he takes 2 sacks cause he held the ball!

And that was he knock on him coming to the team.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2009, 01:10 PM
I think he doesnt throw alot of INT's because he would rather hold on to the ball and take a sack rather than try and fit the ball into a tight spot.

Maybe he knows his limitations??

BigChiefFan
11-22-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't disagree, but the problem is, we gave a big contract to a game manager.

That's all he's going to ever be.
I think he has the potential to actually carry the team through some games if he gets some talent, but I've always viewed him as our transitional QB. We pay all the money upfront(in the first few years) to get us over the hump and give the team some semblence of direction. I think it's a move that bought the team some time to look down other avenues for other positions, while giving Cassel more reps to up his game and buy the team more time to develop another QBOTF. If he faulters, he's already made his money and won't cost much to replace.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
I think he doesnt throw alot of INT's because he would rather hold on to the ball and take a sack rather than try and fit the ball into a tight spot.

Maybe he knows his limitations??

If the play isn't there...THROW IT AWAY!

Taking a sack means risking a fumble

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:12 PM
So throw it away!!!!

1s and goal and he takes 2 sacks cause he held the ball!

And that was he knock on him coming to the team.

I agree he should throw it away more, but on that play in particular, he set his feet to throw, the WR wasn't open, then he got sacked. If he didn't throw it away on the set, he was going to get sacked.

In THAT situation, a sack isn't that bad.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:14 PM
I agree he should throw it away more, but on that play in particular, he set his feet to throw, the WR wasn't open, then he got sacked. If he didn't throw it away on the set, he was going to get sacked.

In THAT situation, a sack isn't that bad.

Look, 1st and goal and he takes a sack on 1st and 3rd downs cause he held the fucking ball. That's a good way to end up with a fumble and come away with 0 points.

DeezNutz
No time to throw.

donkhater
If the play isn't there...THROW IT AWAY!

Taking a sack means risking a fumble

And throwing it away doesn't mean risking a TO? He has to wind up to throw or get hit while throwing and get picked.

Give it up already. It isn't as if Peyton Manning is sitting on the bench warming up. It Brodie 'Crutches' Croyle.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:15 PM
And throw ing it away doesn't mean risking a TO? He has to wind up to throw or get hit while throwing and get picked.

Give it up already. It isn't as if Peyton Manning is sitting onthe bench warming up. It Brodie 'Crutches' Croyle.

When you can pick off the ball out of bounds and it counts I will agree with you.

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:17 PM
When you can pick off the ball out of bounds and it counts I will agree with you.

My point is that you still have to wind up to throw it. After the first option was gone, he had no time to do even that.

petegz28
No time to throw.

Ok, to be fair the 1st sack maybe he had no choice. The second one was on him. Even the announcers were saying that.

DeezNutz
And throwing it away doesn't mean risking a TO? He has to wind up to throw or get hit while throwing and get picked.

Well, then, the clear answer is that we should never throw the ball, period.

DeezNutz
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Ok, to be fair the 1st sack maybe he had no choice. The second one was on him. Even the announcers were saying that.

Smartassery.

BCD
11-22-2009, 01:21 PM
The second one was on him. Yes, he shoud've kept running.

donkhater

Agreed.

donkhater
Well, then, the clear answer is that we should never throw the ball, period.

Yeah, that was my point.:rolleyes:

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:24 PM
Once again, play isnt there, he holds the ball, takes the sack, fumbles.

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Once again, play isnt there, he holds the ball, takes the sack, fumbles.

Once again he fumbles?

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Once again he fumbles?

No, wasn't say that...but up to that point

Skip Towne
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Paging Dylan: we need your crying baby.

Molitoth
11-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Cassel holds the ball way too long and looks clueless half the time.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Cassel holds the ball way too long and looks clueless half the time.

He had plenty of time to get rid of the ball there and he didn't. And it just cost us 7 points.

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:35 PM
So by the sounds of this thread, Cassel sucks because he doesn't throw it any longer than 4 yards.

And..

If he hangs on to the ball to try to go downfield longer than four yards he needs to throw it away.

Got it.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:36 PM
So by the sounds of this thread, Cassel sucks because he doesn't throw it any longer than 4 yards.

And..

If he hangs on to the ball to try to go downfield longer than four yards he needs to throw it away.

Got it.

Well, he finally got rid of the ball on time and threw it for more than 4 yards....go figure

BigChiefFan
In the words of Mike Reno..."Lovin' every minute of it"

petegz28
Wow.....what a duck. It worked but god damn...Chambers could have read the paper waiting on that ball

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Well, he finally got rid of the ball on time and threw it for more than 4 yards....go figure

You mean in the 5 seconds he had to throw that time?

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Wow.....what a duck. It worked but god damn...Chambers could have read the paper waiting on that ball

LOL, you are determined. I'll give you that.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:39 PM
You mean in the 5 seconds he had to throw that time?

He din't have 5 scs on 3rd down.

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Meanwhile, Charles is making LJ look like a very slow, old man.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
heh......even though hes not perfect, even the Cassel haters have to see a few postives...Dont they??

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM

Charles is earning his starting spot, that is for sure.

beach tribe
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
You have to admit, even though he did fumble early, he does not turn the ball over.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 01:42 PM
heh......even though hes not perfect, even the Cassel haters have to see a few postives...Dont they??

Glimpses. I won't not give him credit when it is due. He just has to do this more consistently.

milkman
11-22-2009, 01:43 PM

Not according to KCbroncoHater.

Deberg_1990
11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Glimpses. I won't not give him credit when it is due. He just has to do this more consistently.

I think hes shown quite a few glimpses this year.

Hes made alot of mistakes, but i can see the potential.

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:47 PM

Well that's part of my point, pete. I've never played QB, but even I can see those QB's that enjoy above average protection are able to get into a rythym with their recievers, play with confidence and have the timing not to under throw their targets downfield.

Sure on each individual play, you could dissect what Cassel could have done better, but his decision making, accuracy and confidence are all systemic of the offense as a whole.

To top it all off, they mentioned earlier that KC had the most penalties on offense than any team in the league. Yes, that's part of the QB's responsibility, I don't deny it, but come on.

donkhater
11-22-2009, 01:50 PM
heh heh the anouncer said Lance Long.

Bunit
11-22-2009, 02:10 PM

No he wouldn't. What has he ever done? He in no fucking way is our saviour.

kstater
11-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Lead a game tying drive in regulation and a game winning drive in OT. Just pathetic.

LaChapelle
11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Pete is a stupid C@NT

Ebolapox
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
heh, this is why I don't post threads like this.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Lead a game tying drive in regulation and a game winning drive in OT. Just pathetic.

Yea, right after he almost was picked and threw a 8 yard pass and let Chambers run it for 50.

But I will say he made the right read and give credit where it is due.

Bono also did the samething against the Chargers. :D

CoMoChief
11-22-2009, 02:22 PM

:eek: That's NEVER been done before!!!!

cabletech94
11-22-2009, 02:23 PM
heh, this is why I don't post threads like this.

That's EXACTLY what I was gonna say.

Go Chiefs!!!!

Cassel=Eleventy!! To the 'Ship!!!!!

Bunit
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Yea, right after he almost was picked and threw a 8 yard pass and let Chambers run it for 50.

Be happy, we won. Lighten the fuck up

Dave Lane
11-22-2009, 02:26 PM
Pete is the king of being wrong. My mom used to always say: Its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

:)

EyePod
11-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Correction, he stinks in the first half!

ChiefsLV
11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
This is only Cassel's second season. He'll improve as the cast around him gets better.

KC Jones
11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I don't think I've ever seen Pete be right about anything :D

Frankie
11-22-2009, 02:37 PM

This. ROFL

Frankie
11-22-2009, 02:38 PM

And off course we know Manning and Brady never do that.

BigRedChief
11-22-2009, 02:41 PM
This guy sucks ass. He has no ****ing clue of what is going on. Holds the ball when he shouldn't, throws bullets on 5 yard passes and weak arms long balls, scrambles out of the pocket when no one is around him and forgets we have these things called Time Outs.

Chalk it up to a bad signing, who knew?, whatever you want to call it. He stinks.Much like your politics. You are quick to jump to conclusions and make false assumptions before all the facts are in.

Tactical Funky
11-22-2009, 02:42 PM

Almost doesn't count.

/gradeschoolreference

Bwana
11-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Time to come get your tasty crow.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3225/Eating_Crow.jpg

Psyko Tek
11-22-2009, 03:22 PM

you got a reality dissconnect?

you think brodie would have survived this long?
and don't tell me how he has a quicker release
sometimes there just ain't nobody open

I know nobody does this but get a line and then get a 60 million dollarqb
doesn't sell tickets or jerseys
anybody got a roalf jersey?

petegz28
11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Cassel is almost to Bono level. He might be able to reach Grbac level if he keeps improving and plays an entire game as well as he does he 2nd half as of late.

banyon
11-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Wow. pete pwns himself.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Cassel is almost to Bono level. He might be able to reach Grbac level if he keeps improving and plays an entire game as well as he does he 2nd half as of late.

You = Lin Elliott level

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Much like your politics. You are quick to jump to conclusions and make false assumptions before all the facts are in.

LMAO Pete is almost down to CoMoChief's level :D

petegz28
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry...one game and now he is all-world. My bad.

luv
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Almost doesn't count.

/gradeschoolreference

Only in horseshoes and hand grenades.

I'm not a Cassel fan. However, if he would play the entire game like he's been playing in the 4th quarter, my opinion would be swayed. He's one tough cookie though.

kstater
11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Wow. pete pwns himself.

LMAO

beach tribe
11-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Petegz=American hero level Fail.

keg in kc
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Petegz=American hero level Fail.In other news, water is wet.

luv
11-22-2009, 03:29 PM
Time to come get your tasty crow.

After one game? I'm looking for a little more consistency. He's growing on me, but I'm not a groupie yet.

notorious
11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
If he keeps throwing down field, he should do much better.

If the 4 yard outs and checkdowns continue, the suck will continue.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry...one game and now he is all-world. My bad.

Nobody is here washing his balls. But it has certainly exposed you for being completely one-sided. Cassel helped bring the team to victory and you still have nothing but completely negative things to say. I don't mind detractors. I just can't stand when people are so inflexible that they refuse to see any good, just as with homers who refuse to see any bad.

Bwana
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM

Dude, just eat your crow, stfd and stfu.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
Dude, just eat your crow, stfd and stfu.

Ok...I will as I watch that weak armed throw to Chambers....

In fact, I will just take down my Montana picture and put up Matt. :D

He did better in the 2nd half and I have said that.

It was the 19 yards passing in the 1st half that had me thinking he was not the second coming of Peyton. I'll work on that.

Bwana
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM

It was the 19 yards passing in the 1st half that had me thinking he was not the second coming of Peyton. I'll work on that.

Thank You

Skip Towne
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM

It was the ref's fault.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
It was the ref's fault.

Dude he is so lucky Chambers got that wide open or it was an easy pick. That ball took forever to get there. He had a couple passes today that had he got them out in front of the receiver they would have had easy TD's.

CHENZ A!
11-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Shut the F up Pete.

scott free
11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
He's been on my shady side a bit lately & the first half today?... in a word, ATrocious.

And while the style of his second half was. not. pretty by any stretch of the imagination... he again displayed the 'no quit true grit' qualities that are easy for me to love.

Was the 4th quarter bomb to Chambers (WHAT A PICKUP! SURPASSING ANY EXPECTATIONS I HAD) underthrown?, among, ahem, many other Cassel throws through the months... i say yes... but it was adjusted to & caught nonetheless, that says to me that these guys are learning to play & win together, so if some people honestly want to know '1' good reason for Todd Haley, thats 1.

Frankie
11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Wow. pete pwns himself.

Why are you surprised?

Mr. Laz
11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
we should harness the power of dumbassery of certain Cplanet members for our own gain.

If Pete,Como and Mecca all say every Chiefs player sucks each week we are bound to go to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scott free
11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
It wasnt Castle with 2 pix...

His % was dogsh*t... but no Cardinal Sins.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
It wasnt Castle with 2 pix...

His % was dogsh*t... but no Cardinal Sins.

He also finished the game.

He is tough.

InChiefsHell
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Cassel wins. Big Ben loses. Today, Cassel was the better QB. Today.

scott free
11-22-2009, 06:42 PM
He also finished the game.

He is tough.

I like him overall.

He's not entirely my 'McDreamy Sanchez',... give him Croyles arm & we would really be cooking with hot grease.

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 06:43 PM
we should harness the power of dumbassery of certain Cplanet members for our own gain.

If Pete,Como and Mecca all say every Chiefs player sucks each week we are bound to go to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLROFL

Bowser
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
Thigpen > Cassel

Christ

petegz28
11-22-2009, 06:47 PM
I like him overall.

He's not entirely my 'McDreamy Sanchez',... but give him Croyles arm & we would really be cooking with hot grease.

He has to improve on game managment. Seems we have a habbit of finishing the 1st half on a sour note because of his and sometimes Haley's decisions. Lik the 1st game against the Raiders when we were out of TO's and the clock running down and he throws a pass in the flat for 4 yards instead of going endzone or out of bounds. That cost us. Today, not calling a TO may have cost us. May not have but you would like to see him more in command of such things. And he has to throw the ball away quicker. He is taking too many sacks becasue he hangs onto the ball. Hopefully he improves in those areas but he hasn't improved in them as the season has pogressed.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 06:49 PM
He is lucky as hell on his deep ball today. Those passes looked liked freaking punts, took fucking forever to get there, not to mention he is lucky the Steelers dropped that last interception. But I can't complain about the Career Backup tonight, we won.

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 06:52 PM
He is lucky as hell on his deep ball today. Those passes looked liked freaking punts, took ****ing forever to get there, not to mention he is lucky the Steelers dropped that last interception. But I can't complain about the Career Backup tonight, we won.

It seems you can.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:53 PM
He is lucky as hell on his deep ball today. Those passes looked liked freaking punts, took ****ing forever to get there, not to mention he is lucky the Steelers dropped that last interception. But I can't complain about the Career Backup tonight, we won.

He put the ball where it needed to be. STFU

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Cassel wins. Big Ben loses. Today, Cassel was the better QB. Today.But Big Ben is just a winner. Gannon and Iron Eagle told me so many many times today.

Heheh.

(Nothing against Roethlisberger... I like the guy. It just seemed like it was a forgone conclusion that he was going to come back and kick our asses.)

petegz28
11-22-2009, 06:54 PM
He put the ball where it needed to be. STFU

Actually no, he didn't. Had he put it where it needed to be then Chambers would have caught it in stride instead of waiting for 5 minutes while NASA tracked the ball.

luv
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
But Big Ben is just a winner. Gannon and Iron Eagle told me so many many times today.

Heheh.

My mom, who doesn't follow football too much, called me after the game. Even she said she was going to lose it if she heard them say his name again or talk about how great he is.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
But Big Ben is just a winner. Gannon and Iron Eagle told me so many many times today.

Heheh.

We won but damn Ben is hard to tackle and he makes plays. I cant dog him one bit.

Did you see the career win % they showed? Second only to Brady.

DeezNutz
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
It's tough for me to be too positive about Cassel today. For every positive, there's a glaring negative.

Great final pass to Chambers, hits him in stride so that he can turn it up field. Great.
But, the play before was a terrible deep pass that should have been picked.

Costly fumble late in the game. Killer type of mistake. Bad.
But he responds with some heart. Cool.

KcMizzou
Actually no, he didn't. Had he put it where it needed to be then Chambers would have caught it in stride instead of waiting for 5 minutes while NASA tracked the ball.For fuck's sake Pete... do you ever enjoy anything?

The Bad Guy

Yeah, you can't complain alright. You only complained for the first 2 sentences of the post.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Actually no, he didn't. Had he put it where it needed to be then Chambers would have caught it in stride instead of waiting for 5 minutes while NASA tracked the ball.

Proving time and again that you are truly fucking stupid.

scott free
11-22-2009, 07:01 PM
He has to improve on game managment. Seems we have a habbit of finishing the 1st half on a sour note because of his and sometimes Haley's decisions. Lik the 1st game against the Raiders when we were out of TO's and the clock running down and he throws a pass in the flat for 4 yards instead of going endzone or out of bounds. That cost us. Today, not calling a TO may have cost us. May not have but you would like to see him more in command of such things. And he has to throw the ball away quicker. He is taking too many sacks becasue he hangs onto the ball. Hopefully he improves in those areas but he hasn't improved in them as the season has pogressed.

Yes, lotta work to do, As for tonight... Cassel is the Alpha & Omega, the Destroyer of Souls Incarnate

:rockon:

petegz28
For ****'s sake Pete... do you ever enjoy anything?

Look, pointing out that the pass was a rainbow doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the victory. But we can't pretend things are not what they are, or were. Now you're going to tell me that more times than not a pass like that doesn't get broken up if not picked? The pass he made to Long on 3rd down? THAT was the way to throw a pass.

KcMizzou
We won but damn Ben is hard to tackle and he makes plays. I cant dog him one bit.

Did you see the career win % they showed? Second only to Brady.Tough SOB to tackle, too. Seems like every time we get a good pass rush... it's against some friggin' horse of a QB, and we cant bring him down.

I did enjoy the play where DJ sacked the QB, and the O lineman both, though...

ChiefsCountry

Charles was wipe open with so much open space, he could have scored easily on that play.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Tough SOB to tackle, too. Seems like every time we get a good pass rush... it's against some friggin' horse of a QB, and we cant bring him down.

I did enjoy the play where DJ sacked the QB, and the O lineman both, though...

It was a RB I thought it was a lineman the first time I watched it too, still an awesome play. Weirdest sack I have ever seen.

That's the issue with DJ. Suck,suck,suck, awesome, suck.

keg in kc
11-22-2009, 07:05 PM
If we're going to talk about dropped INTs, let's talk about Travis Daniels and the pick 6 he dropped early on. Chiefs would have been up 14-0, what, 5 minutes into the game? Roethlisberger was lucky he only threw 2 picks today.

petegz28
It was a RB I thought it was a lineman the first time I watched it too, still an awesome play. Weirdest sack I have ever seen.

That's the issue with DJ. Suck,suck,suck, awesome, suck.

DJ is good when he is turned loose on the pass rush. When he has to cover he is less than average.

|Zach|
Yeah, you can't complain alright. You only complained for the first 2 sentences of the post.
I don't think the draftubators really understand how it comes off when they make posts. Its such a natural thing to bitch about something being shitty that they don't even know they are doing it. I am being serious.

luv
Look, pointing out that the pass was a rainbow doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the victory. But we can't pretend things are not what they are, or were. Now you're going to tell me that more times than not a pass like that doesn't get broken up if not picked? The pass he made to Long on 3rd down? THAT was the way to throw a pass.

So he's capable. I don't think he's bad more than he is inconsistent.

While I think Croyle is a better passer, we'd have had his funeral already if he took the number of hits Cassel has. You've got to take the bad with the good, and hope that the good outweighs the bad more and more often. Pointing out all of the negatives so soon after a HUGE victory is you just trying to pick an argument. Let people celebrate.

JD10367
11-22-2009, 07:06 PM
I swear, some of you don't deserve a winner.

F**k you. Send him back to New England, we'll take him back.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 07:07 PM
If we're going to talk about dropped INTs, let's talk about Travis Daniels and the pick 6 he dropped early on. Chiefs would have been up 14-0, what, 5 minutes into the game? Roethlisberger was lucky he only threw 2 picks today.Yeah that one (could have) hurt. And who's Travis Daniels?

Flowers was a stud today, as usual. We need 3 more of him.

luv
11-22-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't think the draftubators really understand how it comes off when they make posts. Its such a natural thing to bitch about something being shitty that they don't even know they are doing it. I am being serious.

And then there are those who feel the need to make a big deal out of it every time they do. Coin has two sides.

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 07:08 PM
And then there are those who feel the need to make a big deal out of it every time they do. Coin has two sides.

Yes, on one side of the coin there are people who enjoy sports.

And on the other one, people who don't.

DeezNutz
11-22-2009, 07:10 PM

The "drafterbators" don't enjoy sports?

petegz28
11-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Well then you shouldn't be here if you don't enjoy sports.

luv
11-22-2009, 07:11 PM

Not quite the point I was attempting to make, but whatever floats your boat.

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Well then you shouldn't be here if you don't enjoy sports.

Oh snap!

You just shined that light right into my back yard with this post.

Props.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 07:15 PM

Fuck you piece of shit Patriot faggot. I wish all of you fucking faggot bitch Patriot trolls would leave our forum. I am tired of hearing all you fucking faggots tell us we should just bow to your bullshit Patriot way bullshit. Fuck you.

*PS Ammorix can stay, he is the one cool Patriot fan and isn't a damn troll.

DeezNutz
11-22-2009, 07:17 PM

LMAO.

Um, ok.

luv
11-22-2009, 07:17 PM
Fuck you piece of shit Patriot faggot. I wish all of you fucking faggot bitch Patriot trolls would leave our forum. I am tired of hearing all you fucking faggots tell us we should just bow to your bullshit Patriot way bullshit. Fuck you.

Way out of line. Bad form.

-King-
11-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Is this why people laugh at Petegz for making panic threads during the game?

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 07:19 PM
Is this why people laugh at Petegz for making panic threads during the game?Yes.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Way out of line. Bad form.

I'm sorry those stupid Patriot faggots just piss me off.

|Zach|
Haley gave this speech at halftime. He was sooo sick and tired about hearing what a great team the Steelers have. SCREW EM! ROFL

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CdJTfGiRCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2CdJTfGiRCI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

The Bad Guy
Charles was wipe open with so much open space, he could have scored easily on that play.

Your bitterness comes across with every single post.

KcMizzou

*PS Ammorix can stay, he is the one cool Patriot fan and isn't a damn troll.Dude, really?

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 07:22 PM
**** you piece of shit Patriot pillowbiter. I wish all of you ****ing pillowbiter bitch Patriot trolls would leave our forum. I am tired of hearing all you ****ing pillowbiters tell us we should just bow to your bullshit Patriot way bullshit. **** you.

Translation:

I'm much happier when we lose so I can continue to complain about everything Cassel related.

Wow. You are really showing your ass in this thread.

Silock
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Game winning drive and all, I'm still not sold on Cassel. He comes through when it counts, which is great, but his decisions seem to contribute (though are not the entire cause) to us needing to make these come from behind type of drives. And his arm is weaker than shit. Holy hell. The guy can't throw more than 20 yards with any kind of power.

That being said, we could sure do worse. FWIW, I think Brodie could do the same as Cassel. Cassel isn't really getting drilled. He's just ducking and folding like Huard did.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 07:23 PM
Your bitterness comes across with every single post.

Actually I am quite happy tonight. We won, team looked a whole lot better in all aspects of the game.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
Actually I am quite happy tonight. We won, team looked a whole lot better in all aspects of the game.

Except how lucky Cassel got.

luv
11-22-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry those stupid Patriot faggots just piss me off.

JD happens to be very cool and contributes in a positive way on this BB. He's usually very objective when it comes to Chiefs football. Don't take your homophobic attitude out on him.

Just my two cents.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM

For 1/2 of the game we did. Wehad all of 47 yards of offense in the 1st half. 19 of it in the air. Yes, we made progress but we have to put it together for 60 min.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Except how lucky Cassel got.

He did on that one throw. Steeler dropped it on the way down, but he had a good game. The throw to Long was clutch, made the right reads several times - Chambers long play, Pope touchdown, Charles shovel pass. I have said before I hope to God that Cassel is one to lead us to the Super Bowl, I would love nothing more than to eat crow about him. I really would, I don't spend thousands of dollars each year to root for the Chiefs to lose or see any of our players fail. Now I have concern about alot of them and how they do it but never do I want them to lose.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 07:30 PM
For 1/2 of the game we did. Wehad all of 47 yards of offense in the 1st half. 19 of it in the air. Yes, we made progress but we have to put it together for 60 min.

Blah, blah, blah.

I don't give a flying shit if we get outplayed for 58 minutes if we find a way to win the game.

Tiger's Fan
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
Whole lot of ass in this thread from the people you expect. You just know they hate this. I'll give them credit for coming on to at least fake it. Mecca and hamas won't do as much.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 07:32 PM
For 1/2 of the game we did. Wehad all of 47 yards of offense in the 1st half. 19 of it in the air. Yes, we made progress but we have to put it together for 60 min.Obviously. WTF??

I don't see anyone claiming that this team has arrived. What's your deal?

This was a great win for a struggling team...

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 07:33 PM
It's tough for me to be too positive about Cassel today. For every positive, there's a glaring negative.

Great final pass to Chambers, hits him in stride so that he can turn it up field. Great.
But, the play before was a terrible deep pass that should have been picked.

Look at Ben he makes mistakes all the time during games but in the end he pulls it out except those few times like today.

And I am not putting Cassel in Ben's league but for some reason when the game is on the line Cassel plays really well we have seen it several times this season already.

beach tribe
11-22-2009, 07:33 PM

Steelers Suck. We should have won by 20.

Haley made GREAT halftime adj. and Cassel lead us to a win. You're a douche.

Brock
11-22-2009, 07:35 PM
Wow, this thread stinks of ass.

luv
11-22-2009, 07:36 PM
Look at Ben he makes mistakes all the time during games but in the end he pulls it out except those few times like today.

And I am not putting Cassel in Ben's league but for some reason when the game is on the line Cassel plays really well we have seen it several times this season already.

Only it's usually too late by that time. Special teams and defense actually helped keep us in it today. I sooo wish I would have been there.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Steelers Suck. We should have won by 20.

Haley made GREAT halftime adj. and Cassel lead us to a win. You're a douche.

OOOHHH am I? Am I a douche? ROFL

luv
11-22-2009, 07:40 PM
OOOHHH am I? Am I a douche? ROFL

Yes, but you're not alone.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Only it's usually too late by that time. Special teams and defense actually helped keep us in it today. I sooo wish I would have been there.

Most of the time. 2 games come to mind the first Raiders game and the Cowboys game where he lead game winning or game tying TD drives only for the D to lose it at the very end.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM

Personaly I think it is because he is forced into the situation of having to throw down field, etc, etc. My biggest complaint with him is his holding the ball too long. If you notice when we see these glimpses from him he is dropping back and letting the ball go. Huard was similar when you think about it. I think Cassel is better than Huard but he has to start slinging that ball early in the game. If it gets picked it gets picked. But it will loosen up the defense.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Most of the time. 2 games come to mind the first Raiders game and the Cowboys game where he lead game winning or game tying TD drives only for the D to lose it at the very end.

Mike Brown actually made a play today instead of blowing one like those two. His slow down of Big Ben sack while the posse wrapped him up, won the game.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 07:44 PM

I don't really know what to think. You'd like for more consistent performance throughout the game. But it is a great point that Big Ben has built his career around doing just enough to stay in the game early, and then dominating in the 4th quarter.

If the Chiefs can pull together a dominant running game that can extend drives, you wonder if this is the TYPE of QB the Chiefs have. Of course, I am not saying he is Big Ben. Not even close. But I sense that the Chiefs will try to win games in the same way with Cassel as the Steelers have tried with Big Ben. That means a lot of heart attacks in the end. And of course, the downside is that it's asking a lot to ask the Chiefs to build the same brand of defense as Lebeau is.

luv
11-22-2009, 07:51 PM
Personaly I think it is because he is forced into the situation of having to throw down field, etc, etc. My biggest complaint with him is his holding the ball too long. If you notice when we see these glimpses from him he is dropping back and letting the ball go. Huard was similar when you think about it. I think Cassel is better than Huard but he has to start slinging that ball early in the game. If it gets picked it gets picked. But it will loosen up the defense.

I don't know if he's doing it more often or if today is just the first time I've noticed it, but, anytime he's having to do checks, he also has to check his blind side to see if a defender is coming up on him. He shouldn't have to do that, and I think that is part of that problem. I've seen enough that I'm going from not being a fan at all to wanting to see what can happen once we improve the oline. I hope we improve the oline.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll give Cassel credit for not missing a snap since he has started due to injury anyway. And yes, he played much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half when I made this thread. That being said, I hope he gets better but we need to see the guy finish out the season strong playing solid for the entire game.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Obviously. WTF??

I don't see anyone claiming that this team has arrived. What's your deal?

This was a great win for a struggling team...

Maybe douchepete is the key to our success. When he posts the same thread over and over on Sunday, it might be a good luck charm for douchepete.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 07:54 PM
I'll give Cassel credit for not missing a snap since he has started due to injury anyway. And yes, he played much better in the 2nd half than the 1st half when I made this thread. That being said, I hope he gets better but we need to see the guy finish out the season strong playing solid for the entire game.

Yeah, give him credit for staying healthy. God, it must suck being you.

petegz28
11-22-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, give him credit for staying healthy. God, it must suck being you.

It might. But it is still better than being you.......is there where I call you a douche or something?

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 07:57 PM

My first thought is that Haley doesn't call an aggressive game in the beginning like he does in the 4th quarter. I think a part of our problems besides the obvious lack of talent is the play calling. I totally agree with you and everyone else that says Cassel holds onto the ball to long. We have seen it 2 years in a row.

Mike Brown actually made a play today instead of blowing one like those two. His slow down of Big Ben sack while the posse wrapped him up, won the game.

Brown did play pretty good today.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 07:58 PM
It might. But it is still better than being you.......is there where I call you a douche or something?

Nope. Douches can't call other people douches.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
My first thought is that Haley doesn't call an aggressive game in the beginning like he does in the 4th quarter. I think a part of our problems besides the obvious lack of talent is the play calling. I totally agree with you and everyone else that says Cassel holds onto the ball to long. We have seen it 2 years in a row.

Brown did play pretty good today.

If the definition of playing pretty good is to avoid mistakes and occasionally make 1 or 2 big plays, then yes.

He still sucks. He waits for plays to come to him instead of going after plays himself. It is what it is. I would rather see Morgan who will make more mistakes, but might break up a play every once in a while.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 08:02 PM
Nope. Douches can't call other people douches.LMAO

luv
11-22-2009, 08:03 PM

But you did. :p

petegz28
11-22-2009, 08:04 PM

But but but...you just called me a douche???

the Talking Can
11-22-2009, 08:07 PM
i don't suppose the fact that we played without Bowe today, or that our top 3 WRs - Wade, Long, and Chambers - were not with the team in preseason, and have only been with the team a few weeks, that these facts would perhaps allow one to be slightly impressed that we scored 3 offensive TDs for the first time all year (i think), that Cassel threw for 250 yards 2TD and 0ints, and we won against the 2nd ranked defense in the league?

Are there other QBs in the league playing - excuse me - WINNING without their #1 WR, and with 3 WRs who weren't with the team before the season started?

context is everything....

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 08:10 PM
If the definition of playing pretty good is to avoid mistakes and occasionally make 1 or 2 big plays, then yes.

He still sucks. He waits for plays to come to him instead of going after plays himself. It is what it is. I would rather see Morgan who will make more mistakes, but might break up a play every once in a while.

As long as he is not making mistakes that is a win IMO. I was surprised how well McGraw played today.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
i don't suppose the fact that we played without Bowe today, or that our top 3 WRs - Wade, Long, and Chambers - were not with the team in preseason, and have only been with the team a few weeks, that these facts would perhaps allow one to be slightly impressed that we scored 3 offensive TDs for the first time all year (i think), that Cassel threw for 250 yards 2TD and 0ints, and we won against the 2nd ranked defense in the league?

Are there other QBs in the league playing - excuse me - WINNING without their #1 WR, and with 3 WRs who weren't with the team before the season started?

yep excellent points TC

luv
11-22-2009, 08:11 PM
As long as he is not making mistakes that is a win IMO. I was surprised how well McGraw played today.

You were? I think he's been playing well for a majority of the season. You guys are the experts though. :shrug:

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
You were? I think he's been playing well for a majority of the season. You guys are the experts though. :shrug:Guy hardly ever misses a tackle, I'll give him that.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 08:13 PM
You were? I think he's been playing well for a majority of the season. You guys are the experts though. :shrug:

I am no expert by any means. I think McGraw is a very good ST player and a good backup but he shouldn't be a starter in this league.

luv
11-22-2009, 08:15 PM
I am not expert by any means. I think McGraw is a very good ST player and a good backup but he shouldn't be a starter in this league.

Definition of expert is anyone who knows more than me. In this case, it doesn't take much. :D

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 08:16 PM
But but but...you just called me a douche???

Your material sucks.

I'll anxiously await your next Cassel thread in about the 8 minute mark to go in the 2nd quarter next week against the Chargers.

I'm sure it will be chalk-full of useful information.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
I am not expert by any means. I think McGraw is a very good ST player and a good backup but he shouldn't be a starter in this league.

This. I think they need to give McGraw or Brown's reps to Morgan.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 08:23 PM
Definition of expert is anyone who knows more than me. In this case, it doesn't take much. :D

LMAO You are pretty smart Luv don't sell yourself short

This. I think they need to give McGraw or Brown's reps to Morgan.

If they are going to keep Morgan I agree but I don't think they are. We heard alot of people complaining about DJ not playing but we witnessed today why DJ is not playing and maybe there is a similar reason why they don't like Morgan either.

JASONSAUTO
11-22-2009, 08:25 PM
If they are going to keep Morgan I agree but I don't think they are. We heard alot of people complaining about DJ not playing but we witnessed today why DJ is not playing and maybe there is a similar reason why they don't like Morgan either.

it beginning to show that MAYBE pioli and haley ACTUALLY have a plan and reasons for some of the things they have done

luv
11-22-2009, 08:26 PM
LMAO You are pretty smart Luv don't sell yourself short

Also, the more I look at your avatar, the more her cleavage looks like a butt crack. But that's besides the point.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 08:30 PM
it beginning to show that MAYBE pioli and haley ACTUALLY have a plan and reasons for some of the things they have done

Yep. I know people make fun of them when they say it is a process but it really is. Also people say they can be patient but I think the season shows that alot of Chief fans can't be.

Also, the more I look at your avatar, the more her cleavage looks like a butt crack. But that's besides the point.

Are you fantasizing about a certain subject? :D

|Zach|
11-22-2009, 08:31 PM

Turn off the lights and lock up.

This thread is pretty much over.

Alton deFlat
11-22-2009, 08:32 PM

In my 50+ years on this earth, I've seen a few dipshits, and always try to give them all the benefit of the doubt..... and probably will Pete, but "come on man". Pull your head out, you're gonna suffocate.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM

DJ was getting to Big Ben all day, trouble is Big Ben does what he normally does - sheds would be tacklers.

I do know Morgan is really young, he came out after a RS sophomore year so he techinally would have been a senior this year.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
DJ was getting to Big Ben all day, trouble is Big Ben does what he normally does - sheds would be tacklers.

I do know Morgan is really young, he came out after a RS sophomore year so he techinally would have been a senior this year.

I swear DJ missed 20 tackles today and he totally blew the coverage on the Medenhall TD reception. It wasn't the missed sacks it was every thing else.

JASONSAUTO
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I swear DJ missed 20 tackles today and he totally blew the coverage on the Medenhall TD reception. It wasn't the missed sacks it was every thing else.

BUT HE HAS TALENT!!!!!!!:cuss:

JASONSAUTO
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
BUT HE HAS TALENT!!!!!!!:cuss:

no matter what a player does all that matters to some here is how much "talent" they have.

IMO it doesnt matter how talented you are if you dont apply yourself on EVERY PLAY. take Hali for example.... what kind of player would DJ be if he had hali's drive?

DrRyan
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I was yelling at the TV much of the second half about how terrible Cassel was playing. Mostly about him hanging onto the ball to long and taking sacks. There is no denying that he does hold the ball to long. IMO this is his biggest downfall, moreso than his accuracy issues.

That said, it was very impressive to see him lead the team down the field for TDs in the 4th and OT. If he can learn to get rid of the ball more quickly and take less sacks it will go a long way to his continued development.

Two wins in a row is just what we need to get us drafting outside of the top 5. Hope they can keep up the improving play on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device

hinde58
11-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Cassel has like 2 seconds to throw the ball, and after most plays he's laying on his back. And didn't we win today.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 08:57 PM
I was yelling at the TV much of the second half about how terrible Cassel was playing. Mostly about him hanging onto the ball to long and taking sacks. There is no denying that he does hold the ball to long. IMO this is his biggest downfall, moreso than his accuracy issues.

That said, it was very impressive to see him lead the team down the field for TDs in the 4th and OT. If he can learn to get rid of the ball more quickly and take less sacks it will go a long way to his continued development.

Two wins in a row is just what we need to get us drafting outside of the top 5. Hope they can keep up the improving play on the field.
Posted via Mobile Device

One of the downfalls of not having the ability to see down the field from our camera angles. It's possible he holds on to the ball too long. It's also possible that maybe none of his receivers are getting separation. I immediately think about the one playaction where it looked like he held on to the ball too long, and then Gannon explained that there were only two receivers on routes and they were both bottled up.

I noticed the Chiefs started to run a lot more 3-4 receiver sets in the second half. One thing we really have to keep in mind is that our o-line's inability to protect has forced us to keep tight ends in to block instead of sending more people out on routes. I think we sometimes forget that he doesn't have the same luxury of 4-receiver sets that guys like Brady and Brees have.

smittysbar
11-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Cassel has like 2 seconds to throw the ball, and after most plays he's laying on his back. And didn't we win today.

He has had decent protection the last two weeks

OnTheWarpath58
11-22-2009, 09:12 PM
One of the downfalls of not having the ability to see down the field from our camera angles. It's possible he holds on to the ball too long. It's also possible that maybe none of his receivers are getting separation. I immediately think about the one playaction where it looked like he held on to the ball too long, and then Gannon explained that there were only two receivers on routes and they were both bottled up.

I noticed the Chiefs started to run a lot more 3-4 receiver sets in the second half. One thing we really have to keep in mind is that our o-line's inability to protect has forced us to keep tight ends in to block instead of sending more people out on routes. I think we sometimes forget that he doesn't have the same luxury of 4-receiver sets that guys like Brady and Brees have.

For sake of conversation, let's say that's the case.

He's still got to get rid of the fucking ball.

He's fumbled 10 times this year. That's unacceptable. On his fumble today, the ball should have already been gone.

Quit taking sacks and putting your team in 3rd and forever - throw the damn ball away.

chiefzilla1501
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
For sake of conversation, let's say that's the case.

He's still got to get rid of the ****ing ball.

He's fumbled 10 times this year. That's unacceptable. On his fumble today, the ball should have already been gone.

Quit taking sacks and putting your team in 3rd and forever - throw the damn ball away.

I can agree with that. I think he does a really good job of protecting the football (which people refer to as going fetal--I personally think it's better to protect the ball than to hold it like a loaf of bread, as many QBs do). But you're right, if he doesn't like what he sees, he has to have the presence to get rid of that ball. Probably just a case of one guy trying to do too much even if nothing's there.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 09:22 PM
I can agree with that. I think he does a really good job of protecting the football (which people refer to as going fetal--I personally think it's better to protect the ball than to hold it like a loaf of bread, as many QBs do). But you're right, if he doesn't like what he sees, he has to have the presence to get rid of that ball. Probably just a case of one guy trying to do too much even if nothing's there.

Yep and Cassel said this himself in his PC after the game.

But we can't forget one of his biggest knocks last year was that he held onto the ball to long so I don't think it is to much of a stretch to say he is still doing it.

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM

While I agree he holds on to the ball way too long, I would rather him take a sack (though I wish he would do a better job of hanging on to the fucking ball) than force the ball downfield and turn it over.

I saw him running a lot from phantom pressure tonight... I can't blame him though, his protection has repeatedly let him down. Hopefully we finally address the m'fing o-line this offseason and get the man the protection his contract deserves.

Pitt Gorilla
11-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Thigpen > CasselWhat kind of stupid leads to a post like this? Seriously. How does one begin to make this argument?