PDA

View Full Version : Life Leonard Pope is a weird looking guy.

Direckshun
11-22-2009, 08:37 PM
He looks like freaking Cloverfield out there on the field.

A huge 6'8" and not that fast, but he's semi-coordinated.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/93306334.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D0C7287C2B8F483CBDCFA6C02A159DA683A6DFC8DE1D23D5A0

Count Alex's Losses
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
His Holiness.

GoHuge
11-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Thank you detective.

Micjones
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
He's a different type of cat.

He got the facepalm when he ran up and wrapped his arm around that Steeler defender today.

Coach
11-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Pope had a great game today. His block was key to the Charles opening KO TD.

NewChief
11-22-2009, 08:40 PM
Reminds me of Jason Dunn.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Cottam is a big SOB as well. Amazing the passing game opens up when they get rid of that POS Ryan out of there.

Count Alex's Losses
11-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Cottam is a big SOB as well. Amazing the passing game opens up when they get rid of that POS Ryan out of there.

I'm a bit sad over that. Ryan was fun to GIF UP every week.

We'll miss him.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
hes pretty ugly if you see his pic on espn, but who cares

Direckshun
11-22-2009, 08:47 PM
I kind of get upset that Cottam doesn't get out there more.

He looks a ton more coordinated and doesn't have the Sasquatch/Cloverfield aspect to him.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 08:48 PM
Reminds me of Jason Dunn.Dunn was an OL disguised as a TE. Came in very handy, though.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 08:49 PM

He looks a ton more coordinated and doesn't have the Sasquatch/Cloverfield aspect to him.I think the problem is that he can't catch.

Sure-Oz
Dunn was an OL disguised as a TE. Came in very handy, though.

hes a huge motherfucker...i saw him at houlihans one night eating dinner wtih his wife/gf and she was fucking tiny, esp compared to him, hell to me. I didnt want to bother him, i think it was shortly after we cut him.

Count Alex's Losses
Your MOM is a weird looking guy.

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 08:50 PM

He looks a ton more coordinated and doesn't have the Sasquatch/Cloverfield aspect to him.

I think Cottam's ceiling could be a Jay Novcheck type. I think he has that kind of talent.

Coach
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM

Actually, Cottam is out on the field occasionally. One way or another, I seen alot of Cottam/Pope combo and haven't seen any from that Ryan guy.

Not that I'm complaining.

NewChief
11-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Dunn was an OL disguised as a TE. Came in very handy, though.

Trent used to always talk about Dunn. Dunn's agent and others always wanted him to make the move to OL, because he'd be able to bring down way more money. He had the frame and he had the ability. He was always resistant, though. Refused to put on that little bit of additional weight because he always saw himself as an offensive weapon, or something and never wanted to leave his position as a TE.

That being said, I always loved when they'd bring Dunn out on short yardage goal line situations to make it look like a running play, then toss him the ball into the endzone. Even though the guy was a beast, he had pretty damned good hands.

KcMizzou
11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
hes a huge motherfucker...i saw him at houlihans one night eating dinner wtih his wife/gf and she was fucking tiny, esp compared to him, hell to me. I didnt want to bother him, i think it was shortly after we cut him.I wouldn't come between that guy and his meal either.

NewChief
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
hes a huge mother****er...i saw him at houlihans one night eating dinner wtih his wife/gf and she was ****ing tiny, esp compared to him, hell to me. I didnt want to bother him, i think it was shortly after we cut him.

There's some really weird thing that huge OLine type players have with marrying petite ladies. Not just petite, but downright tiny. I've seen it time after time. I guess that the girls also have some thing for huge men.

Rain Man
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Pope was the most handsome man in the world when he was diving across that goal line.

And Dunn is one of my favorite Chiefs backups ever. What a steal he was when we picked him up.

You look at the Dickie V team, and he got...

Priest for nothing.
Trent was his big investment for a 1st
Kennison for nothing (or did he inherit Kennison)
Roaf for a 3rd or some such nonsense
Dunn for nothing
Wiegman for nothing
Welbourn (as guard) for some second-day pick if I remember right

Was he (or Saunders) an incredible judge of offensive talent, or was this fantastic luck?

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
There's some really weird thing that huge OLine type players have with marrying petite ladies. Not just petite, but downright tiny. I've seen it time after time. I guess that the girls also have some thing for huge men.

Most of them out of football pads aren't your typical "fat" guys. Most are just really big dudes, one of my best friends is a big guy, not fat just big OL type and he married a petitie girl. Heck the more I think about all of the chicks I have dated have been 5'2 to 5'4 and I am 6'4.

Red Beans
11-22-2009, 09:06 PM
Up with Pope! Down with dope!

NewChief
11-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Most of them out of football pads aren't your typical "fat" guys. Most are just really big dudes, one of my best friends is a big guy, not fat just big OL type and he married a petitie girl. Heck the more I think about all of the chicks I have dated have been 5'2 to 5'4 and I am 6'4.

Absolutely. They're just BIG. Really BIG. That's probably my favorite part of the Blind Side (the book, not the movie). It really explains what it takes to be an NFL caliber lineman. They're genetic freaks. It's not just huge guys that eat and work out a bunch. They've got HUGE frames that allow them to carry 300+ pounds while maintaining athleticism. If it were just being huge/fat/strong, then sumo wrestles would be in high demand in the NFL. The quickness and athleticism of lineman is so deceptive. That being said, seeing Willie Roaf off the field was one of the more painful sights I've witnessed. That poor guy always looked like he'd been through the wringer.