PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Fire up the Studebaker!

Red Beans
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Ok, say what you want. That the two interceptions were flukes, or whatnot. But the fact remains that the kid has obviously been learning some good lessons from ol' Vrabel. The kid has turned in a couple good performances in the past two weeks. Give it up for the small school guy. :clap::clap:

On another small school note; Belcher's 3rd down tackle today was a difference maker. I'm on both these guy's band wagon! Don't poke the Black Bear and fire up the Studebaker!

milkman
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Studebaker played a good game, and those ints weren't flukes.

But the most impressive play he made, IMO, was the sweep by the Steelers that he battled through two blockers to get to the ballcarrier.

KCrockaholic
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
He did a good job being in the right place at the right time.

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 08:21 PM
While possibly the cheesiest thread title I've seen on here in a while, I too am on Studies wagon. lol

He was lucky on the pick where the pass was tipped up but the one in the end zone was a thing of beauty and clutch as hell.

I felt bad for the guy that he ran out of steam and couldnt take it in all the way. Even worse when we only got 3 points for his trouble.

Either way it was a HUGE play. I would love to see the guy pan out.

Rep to you sir.

Red Beans
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm emailed Lenny to try and stick Belcher with the nickname "The Black Bear"

ChiefsCountry
11-22-2009, 08:22 PM
Studebaker and Gillberry are examples of something Herm did better than Pioli/Haley so far. Go pluck PS guys off teams known for certain positions. Philly knows LBs/tweener DEs, Giants know DEs, should be no suprise these guys have played well.

Studebaker could be a very nice 3-4 player, good to Vrabel out hurt so we can get a young guy the reps.

J Diddy
11-22-2009, 08:50 PM
He did a good job being in the right place at the right time.

winners find a way to be in the right place at the right time

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 08:52 PM
I called it this morning on the phone with TinyE before the game. I told him that Studebaker's better than Vrabel at this point and he'd have a big game.

Studebaker's going to be a solid player. He's got a great heart and some tools.

If I'm Todd Haley, there's no way, outside of injury, that Vrabel sees the field again this year.

He won't be back anyway, so play the kid.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 08:54 PM
winners find a way to be in the right place at the right time

And that, Friends, is the difference between a guy that plays football and a football player.

If the Chiefs can acquire eight starters on both sides of the ball that are football players and three studs, this team is going to be outstanding.

Demonpenz
11-22-2009, 09:06 PM
good job for the kid just to catch the ball how many times has our Defenders dropped easy INT's LOOKING YOUR WAY DERRICK JOHNSON

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 09:08 PM
good job for the kid just to catch the ball how many times has our Defenders dropped easy INT's LOOKING YOUR WAY DERRICK JOHNSON

I'll give DJ one thing... that was a great sack where he rode the o-lineman all the way to the sack.

That was .gif worthy.

CaliforniaChief
11-22-2009, 09:17 PM
I would be surprised if Vrabel played much again this year. It will be the whole mystery knee injury. And Studebaker's earned a shot. I love Division III football, and it's nice to see a guy like him come up big.

Toad
11-22-2009, 09:20 PM
I'll give DJ one thing... that was a great sack where he rode the o-lineman all the way to the sack.

That was .gif worthy.

No doubt. Great play.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2009, 09:21 PM
Studebaker and Hali have both been pleasant surprises

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Studebaker and Hali have both been pleasant surprises

It's too bad that Hali isn't .5 seconds faster.

The guy might lead the league in sacks.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2009, 09:25 PM

That was .gif worthy.
DJ had a couple of good plays in the 4th

sadly he also had a dozen crap plays during the game

Coach
11-22-2009, 09:26 PM
It's too bad that Hali isn't .5 seconds faster

To be fair, there was alot of holding against him that went uncalled, IMHO.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 09:28 PM
To be fair, there was alot of holding against him that went uncalled, IMHO.

Always.

And that wasn't a slam, that was a compliment.

The dude brings it every down.

It's just too bad he doesn't have the same physical gifts as other elite players.

Coach
11-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Always.

And that wasn't a slam, that was a compliment.

The dude brings it every down.

It's just too bad he doesn't have the same physical gifts as other elite players.

Sure, but at the same time, his motor is what we need. He brings it every play. That's all I can ask out of him.

And I have to say, he's doing well in year 1 as a OLB on a 3-4, from a 4-3 DE. Alot of people, including I, were nervous about that switch.

Of course, having Jackson and Dorsey playing well does help alot.

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Sure, but at the same time, his motor is what we need. He brings it every play. That's all I can ask out of him.

And I have to say, he's doing well in year 1 as a OLB on a 3-4, from a 4-3 DE. Alot of people, including I, were nervous about that switch.

Of course, having Jackson and Dorsey playing well does help alot.

I honestly thought that the switch to OLB was pure desperation. I was wrong and am happy to admit so.

They guy has always had an unceasing motor on him and am glad he wears an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

He may not be a perennial pro-bowler but he creates pressure and can teach the new guys a thing or two about will and determination.

I love the guy at OLB.

booger
11-22-2009, 09:43 PM
good to see Magee turning it up the past few weeks as well.

Didn't get to see the game yet just highlights.......Pierre Walters has good pass rush skills for a guy in his position. College DE moved to OLB. From the highlights this week and he got a few snaps last week, he does a good job on his route to the QB. No sacks or hits but he is getting pressure. A lot of time you see young pass rushers like that try to speed rush and the OT runs them past the qb with ease.

Anyone have any comments on FB Tim Castille #46?

milkman
11-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I honestly thought that the switch to OLB was pure desperation. I was wrong and am happy to admit so.

They guy has always had an unceasing motor on him and am glad he wears an arrowhead on the side of his helmet.

He may not be a perennial pro-bowler but he creates pressure and can teach the new guys a thing or two about will and determination.

I love the guy at OLB.

I think Hali is a great guy, and love his motor, his passion and desire.

The fact, however is, if we hope to really fix this defense, he is, at best a solid backup.

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 09:46 PM
good to see Magee turning it up the past few weeks as well.

Didn't get to see the game yet just highlights.......Pierre Walters has good pass rush skills for a guy in his position. College DE moved to OLB. From the highlights this week and he got a few snaps last week, he does a good job on his route to the QB. No sacks or hits but he is getting pressure. A lot of time you see young pass rushers like that try to speed rush and the OT runs them past the qb with ease.

Anyone have any comments on FB Tim Castille #46?

I liked the completely unexpected option?

GDI we should have never let Richardson go.

booger
11-22-2009, 09:47 PM
Or i guess i could say on Walters, he does a good job of running the arch.

booger
11-22-2009, 09:48 PM

havn't seen that play yet.

Agreed on TRich.

DaneMcCloud

The fact, however is, if we hope to really fix this defense, he is, at best a solid backup.

Exactly.

He's a role player.

And seriously guys, there is nothing wrong with a role player.

pr_capone

I don't think he will ever be a world beater but the guy is almost always right next to the QB. Keep in mind that this is only his first season at OLB. Its a new position for him and he has only been getting better at it as the season has progressed.

This is basically back to season 1 for him. Give him time... I would not be surprised if develops into a solid starter at the position.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 09:50 PM

Richardson?

Come on, Dude.

He was injured in Minnesota and a couldn't finish the season.

He's 37, nearly 38. His impact would be minimal, and that's only IF he'd even make the squad.

Consider the offense.

milkman
11-22-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't think he will ever be a world beater but the guy is almost always right next to the QB. Keep in mind that this is only his first season at OLB. Its a new position for him and he has only been getting better at it as the season has progressed.

This is basically back to season 1 for him. Give him time... I would not be surprised if develops into a solid starter at the position.

The problem is that Hali is, as pointed out by Dane earlier, lacking speed.

Because of that, he is maxed out here.

His lack of speed makes it easy to push him around the QB when he tries to use the speed he has, and renders his spin move useless.

His spin move is the most ineffective spin move I have ever watched.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 09:55 PM
The problem is that Hali is, as pointed out by Dane earlier, lacking speed.

Because of that, he is maxed out here.

His lack of speed makes it easy to push him around the QB when he tries to use the speed he has, and renders his spin move useless.

His spin move is the most ineffective spin move I have ever watched.

It's like an "Ole'!"

pr_capone
11-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Richardson?

Come on, Dude.

He was injured in Minnesota and a couldn't finish the season.

He's 37, nearly 38. His impact would be minimal, and that's only IF he'd even make the squad.

Consider the offense.

I'm not necessarily speaking of this season... just the move in general. I'm a huge fan of the position since it was the position I played.

We havent had a FB worth a shit since he left.

mikey23545
11-22-2009, 11:24 PM
Exactly.

He's a role player.

And seriously guys, there is nothing wrong with a role player.

Ridiculous.

The Chiefs should be three Pro Bowlers deep at every position.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm not necessarily speaking of this season... just the move in general. I'm a huge fan of the position since it was the position I played.

We havent had a FB worth a shit since he left.

And now we know the truth

:D