PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gotta give some props to Pioli...

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Everyone has been bashing and bashing and bashing all of our pickups etc. etc. etc. but damn...

Chambers, Long, Pope...all made plays. Several quality players on defense from the scrap heap did well today...

And even Tim Castille and that sweet option play to Charles was awesome...

That was one of the cooler plays I've seen from the Chiefs in the last few years. It was awesome.

DaneMcCloud
11-22-2009, 11:40 PM
Gimme a break.

The Chiefs claimed those guys off of waivers.

They didn't "woo" them, they didn't give them the song and dance.

They were waived and the Chiefs put in a claim. Detroit could have just as easily claimed them.

It's not rocket science.

KCChiefsFan88
11-22-2009, 11:42 PM
It is too bad Pioli didn't realize the obvious glaring need at WR or at offensive line back in April/May... rather than in August/September.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Gimme a break.

They were waived and the Chiefs put in a claim. Detroit could have just as easily claimed them.

It's not rocket science.

I don't get your point here...

What?

Ok, Pioli claimed these guys...and they were all very large parts of our victory today...and pretty much each one of those moves was bashed or frowned upon...

Just giving some props for sticking by their word of always trying to improve...

We were definitely better today than we have been all year, and it wasn't even close.

KCChiefsFan88
11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
We were definitely better today than we have been all year, and it wasn't even close.

Well that is relative, considering how horrible the Chiefs were for most of the first half of the season.

Chocolate Hog
11-22-2009, 11:44 PM
I missed the fucking game cuz I figured the Chiefs would lose, not only that my DVR didn't record Overtime. Anyway Chris Chambers was a great pick up.

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Chambers still has gas left in the tank...that's for sure.

Long made a real nice catch today...right over the middle and he got crushed...held on to the ball and got right back up.

Pope is clearly our best TE...

Castille is a pretty decent looking player...

Short Leash Hootie
11-22-2009, 11:46 PM
really impressed with the way Charles finished a few runs on his TD drive...especially picking up that 1st down in the red zone...

but man...I think he's too little to withstand a full season of being a feature back...I think he'll always have to be a compliment...or he'll always at least need a compliment.

DBOSHO
11-22-2009, 11:47 PM
I wont lie, the wild-pitch make me jimp a little.

Psyko Tek
11-22-2009, 11:48 PM
Gimme a break.

It's not rocket science.

no it's football
and they got guys that are working together

I loved today
and as a fan you should too
fuckin enjoy

bitch on monday

DBOSHO
really impressed with the way Charles finished a few runs on his TD drive...especially picking up that 1st down in the red zone...

but man...I think he's too little to withstand a full season of being a feature back...I think he'll always have to be a compliment...or he'll always at least need a compliment.

Chris johnson is roughly the same build as charles

Psyko Tek

the KC WILDCAT?

DA_T_84
11-22-2009, 11:49 PM
That was one of the cooler plays I've seen from the Chiefs in the last few years. It was awesome.

I was at the game, and I ended up pissing off the guys I was with because I couldnt get over how badass and original that play was. I talked about it for the next couple plays.

Seriously, I don't think I've seen a hand off, option, before.

And also, the play action dump pass? Freaking awesome.

DBOSHO
11-22-2009, 11:52 PM
the KC WILDCAT?

We need a cool name for the jammal wildcat.

DBOSHO
11-22-2009, 11:55 PM
The WildPegasus?

DaWolf
Nah, Pioli can earn some props after the season by finding some real football players for this team. Right now it's all about the 22 guys off the street winning 3 games...

Short Leash Hootie
I was at the game, and I ended up pissing off the guys I was with because I couldnt get over how badass and original that play was. I talked about it for the next couple plays.

Seriously, I don't think I've seen a hand off, option, before.

I was super impressed/really enjoyed that play.

TinyEvel
11-22-2009, 11:56 PM

Yeah, the Castille toss was so damn fluid, I was like "DAMN!" WHAAAT?!?!

DaWolf
11-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Chris johnson is roughly the same build as charles

Yeah, and the run Charles made right before Cassel went downfield in OT was tough, he got hit hard and kept going. Dude is showing signs he can be a tough runner as long as he doesn't fumble. If he's durable, he can be the main back. If he's a guy who gets nicked up a lot, he'll probably be more of a committee guy...

Direckshun
11-23-2009, 12:02 AM
I think I'd prefer him being a committee guy anyway.

pr_capone
11-23-2009, 12:03 AM
Yeah, and the run Charles made right before Cassel went downfield in OT was tough, he got hit hard and kept going. Dude is showing signs he can be a tough runner as long as he doesn't fumble. If he's durable, he can be the main back. If he's a guy who gets nicked up a lot, he'll probably be more of a committee guy...

Jeez how I would love Charles fumble problems to be over. Give him the Beanie Wells treatment and make the fucker carry a ball everywhere he goes.

If he can get over the fumble problem ala Tiki... he could be a DAMN good back for us. He has the talent, the speed, and the vision to find the cutback lanes to be immensely huge for the Chiefs.

God how I hope that he is the real deal and not just a flash in the pan.

DBOSHO
11-23-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah, the Castille toss was so damn fluid, I was like "DAMN!" WHAAAT?!?!

Plays like that have got to take alot of practice time to execute perfectly.

Castille barely gets a look at charles before he tosses it. I mean the toss has to be absolutely perfect.

DBOSHO
11-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Jeez how I would love Charles fumble problems to be over. Give him the Beanie Wells treatment and make the fucker carry a ball everywhere he goes.

If he can get over the fumble problem ala Tiki... he could be a DAMN good back for us. He has the talent, the speed, and the vision to find the cutback lanes to be immensely huge for the Chiefs.

God how I hope that he is the real deal and not just a flash in the pan.

I read that he hasnt fumbled since the opening kickoff in week 5?

Im impressed, ecpecially considering some of the hits he took today.