PDA

View Full Version : Football Josh McD said to SD LBers in pregame "we own you"

BossChief
11-23-2009, 12:43 AM
"Boy wonder" has done it again!

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/weblo...ites-chargers/

The Chargers were all talking after today's 32-3 victory about Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels telling the Chargers linebackers, "We own you" as he passed them on the field during pregame warmups.

"I'm not surprised," Shaun Phillips said. "He's a little cocky (rear end). It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mind-set. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0 and now he's looking up at us from second place."

McDaniels said after the game as he headed to his car that the Chargers "talked to me first."

He then said, "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't for papers."

-- KEVIN ACEE

LOL it just keeps getting better!

Count Alex's Wins
11-23-2009, 12:44 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/20pc9cy.jpg

DBOSHO
11-23-2009, 12:45 AM
McKid with the MOUTH! Lol

DBOSHO
11-23-2009, 12:46 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/20pc9cy.jpg

Man plummer has fallen far..

Kyle DeLexus
11-23-2009, 12:50 AM
But knowshit has it in his signature that he is the greatest coach ever!!!!!!!!!!!1

talastan
11-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Yum, the tears of donkey fans taste wonderful. I know that they have a better record than us, but at least our team doesn't have its fan base misled in thinking that they are a legitimate Playoff team. :D

CoMoChief
11-23-2009, 01:39 AM
Waaaa!!!! He started it!!!!

BigMeatballDave
11-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Ever heard McKid Mic'd up? LMAO He sounds like a 13 yo yelling with his voice cracking.

Von Dumbass
11-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Ever heard McKid Mic'd up? LMAO He sounds like a 13 yo yelling with his voice cracking.

You would chop off both of your nuts to have him as your head coach. He is HOF caliber coach.

beach tribe
11-23-2009, 06:44 AM
You would chop off both of your nuts to have him as your head coach. He is HOF caliber coach.

Yeah. HOF. If there are any other coaches in the HOF who completely choke away seasons, maybe you're right.

GET THIS Last 5 games CHIEFS 3-2 Donkeys 1-4. Suck it HoMo.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 06:49 AM

Geez, let the guy finish a season before you start throwing that crap out there... McD has proven nothing yet as a HC. He's proven he can coach his team up and get on a roll and now he's dealing with the lows and the sting from an 0-4 slide.

A lot will be said of McD and the team how they finish from here...

WhitiE
11-23-2009, 06:57 AM

omg dude..... delete that.... that has to be one of the dumbest things ive ever read on here.... omg wow!!!!

Von Dumbass
11-23-2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah. HOF. If there are any other coaches in the HOF who completely choke away seasons, maybe you're right.

GET THIS Last 5 games CHIEFS 3-2 Donkeys 1-4. Suck it HoMo.

Wow a cocky Chiefs fan. Never thought I'd see the day.:)

Geez, let the guy finish a season before you start throwing that crap out there... McD has proven nothing yet as a HC. He's proven he can coach his team up and get on a roll and now he's dealing with the lows and the sting from an 0-4 slide.

A lot will be said of McD and the team how they finish from here...

He has never had a losing season in his life. The ship will get righted.

blaise
11-23-2009, 07:05 AM

And Larry Johnson was a HOF caliber running back.

the Talking Can
11-23-2009, 07:10 AM

you're the dumbest human in the history of dumb humans

the Talking Can
11-23-2009, 07:15 AM
and what's up with Moreno and Marshall fighting?

is it true Haley's ego is responsible?

Von Dumbass
11-23-2009, 07:19 AM
and what's up with Moreno and Marshall fighting?

is true Haley's ego is responsible?

Marshall told Moreno after he "fumbled" that he needed to step up.

“I don’t regret anything,” Marshall said. “This was a playoff game. There were guys on the sideline that weren’t angry, that didn’t have a lot of emotion. They need to look at themselves in the mirror. This is a game where you’ve got to have it. None of us can make any terrible plays.”

Marshall made it clear Moreno wasn’t to blame for the loss, and it was “a bunch of plays” that cost the Broncos the game.

“Knowshon is a competitor, that’s what makes him good,” Marshall said. “I’d take him in my foxhole any time.”

LaChapelle
11-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Foxhole
is that what those kids called it

the Talking Can
11-23-2009, 07:24 AM
Foxhole

i'm a soldier, cold cakn partna

allen_kcCard
11-23-2009, 07:38 AM
This just in - HOF coaching careers are determined solely on the results of the first 6 games of their first season. That is all. Wetting the bed after the intial 6 games is moot, the induction is already in hand.

mikey23545
11-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Foxhole

Sounds like some Christopher Street boys...

C-Mac
11-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Wow a cocky Chiefs fan. Never thought I'd see the day.:)He has never had a losing season in his life. The ship will get righted.

Dude, he's never had a winning season either.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 08:38 AM

HOF caliber coaches don't go on four game slides.... with a 'super bowl' caliber team, as you claim they are.

HOF caliber coaches don't tell the opposing players that his team 'owns' them.....right before the game.... not to mention, division rivals.

Fritz88
11-23-2009, 08:40 AM
if he had said that then he deserves all the shit that is happening/will happen to his team

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 08:42 AM

He has never been a head coach..... though you do have a shot to 8-8....assuming the team doesn't mail it in the last week against KC.

The problem is that with the team being so high on itself early... is that every loss is more and more devestating.

The Broncos may be better than the Chiefs.....but the Chiefs are starting to feel better about themselves and their coach.... the Broncos are second guessing themselves and their coach and starting to kick themselvers for letting a 3.5 game lead drop in four games.

There isn't a single 'gimme' on the Broncos schedule the rest of the year. Oakland and KC are both starting to play better.

I don't see it happening, but it will be hilarious if the Broncos somehow go 6-10.

Mr. Plow
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM

I laughed.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 08:46 AM
HOF caliber coaches don't go on four game slides.... with a 'super bowl' caliber team, as you claim they are.

HOF caliber coaches don't tell the opposing players that his team 'owns' them.....right before the game.... not to mention, division rivals.

Well, in TEN... many would say he is a HOF caliber coach and after winning 13 games last year, with pretty much the same team in 2009... they went 0-6. I know what you're saying though and why you said it.

I think it's silly for KnowMo to say that McD has never had a losing season... he wasn't calling the shots in NE, this is his first HC gig... he isn't going to be measured (and shouldn't be measured) as a HC based on what he did as an underling with another franchise.

Some people (one in particular) need to get a grip on reality. A 6-4 record after the way things fell apart in 2008 and all the offseason change is not a bad thing. It's baby steps for me... they're in a learning curve. The defense played very well early on, but they need improvements to be real contenders.

I think Orton came in and played well on a bum ankle... kudos to him, it really magnifies how much Simms sucks.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Well, in TEN... many would say he is a HOF caliber coach and after winning 13 games last year, with pretty much the same team in 2009... they went 0-6. I know what you're saying though and why you said it.

I think it's silly for KnowMo to say that McD has never had a losing season... he wasn't calling the shots in NE, this is his first HC gig... he isn't going to be measured (and shouldn't be measured) as a HC based on what he did as an underling with another franchise.

Some people (one in particular) need to get a grip on reality. A 6-4 record after the way things fell apart in 2008 and all the offseason change is not a bad thing. It's baby steps for me... they're in a learning curve. The defense played very well early on, but they need improvements to be real contenders.

I think Orton came in and played well on a bum ankle... kudos to him, it really magnifies how much Simms sucks.

Good point about Jeff Fischer.... but I don't know if he will be a HOF coach. He has longevity, but no rings. I do understand your point though.

Haley and McDaniels are both young, first time coaches. And, they both have done positive and negative things. I am very pleased with Haley right now after that win.... but, I still see a few things that I hope get better with time.

Not acknowleging that McD was stupid to call out the other team.... is just more evidence that Knowmo is myopic at best.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 08:56 AM
Good point about Jeff Fischer.... but I don't know if he will be a HOF coach. He has longevity, but no rings. I do understand your point though.

Haley and McDaniels are both young, first time coaches. And, they both have done positive and negative things. I am very pleased with Haley right now after that win.... but, I still see a few things that I hope get better with time.

Not acknowleging that McD was stupid to call out the other team.... is just more evidence that Knowmo is myopic at best.

I think coaches should just stick to coaching... I have no idea why he said what he is being reported as saying. But, Denver did some good things yesterday, they just had a few mishaps down in the redzone.

The video evidence was 'inconclusive', but there were a mix of fans (4 KC guys even) at the bar where I was at and they thought Moreno should have either been awarded the TD or down at the inch line. Either way, it happened and they have to deal with it.

Going for the onside kick baffled me... there are times when McD tries to be Bill and this team isn't ready for that just yet. Denver held the passing attack in check, but they broke off some big runs and a few key passes for 1st downs... turning it over and giving them a shorter field was disaster.

blaise
11-23-2009, 09:11 AM
When will McDaniels turn Chris Simms into a hall of fame QB?

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 09:13 AM

You have asked the impossible of anyone...

Bearcat2005
11-23-2009, 09:30 AM

Everyone on this board is now dumber for reading that. May god have mercy on your soul.

swayy07
11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
does anyone else relish in the fact that it is a possiblity that the chiefs might finisih with the same or better record then the donks now?

and all you donkey fans on this forum stop your bullshitin first 6 games of the season you guys where all about mcdaniels and his team and how hes gunna be the best coach EVER! and now that you have gone on a four game skid your sayin hes trying to do the best he can with people from the previous franchise.... honestly make up your minds its getting to be a little redudant.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
does anyone else relish in the fact that it is a possiblity that the chiefs might finisih with the same or better record then the donks now?

and all you donkey fans on this forum stop your bullshitin first 6 games of the season you guys where all about mcdaniels and his team and how hes gunna be the best coach EVER! and now that you have gone on a four game skid your sayin hes trying to do the best he can with people from the previous franchise.... honestly make up your minds its getting to be a little redudant.

I must have missed where that was said... are you sure you're not making stuff up?

Bane
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
If anything seeing how Mc Dickhole pulls his team out of this funk will say more about the kind of coach he is vs starting 6-0.Its easy to act cocky,and look like a GENIUS when you're 6-0.Let's see how they finish.Just goes to show you though the kind of asshole he is to talk to another teams players like that.FUGGN DICK!!!!Wish it would have been the Raiders so Tom Cable would punch him and break his jaw!!Posted via Mobile Device

rockymtnchief
11-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Yes, his offense has scored exactly ONE more point than KC's. How about giving some credit to your DC instead?

swayy07
11-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I must have missed where that was said... are you sure you're not making stuff up?

its been said in other threads.....:rolleyes:

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 09:59 AM
its been said in other threads.....:rolleyes:

Ahhh, ok... must have missed those as well.

DrRyan
11-23-2009, 10:10 AM

Thanks for the Monday morning laughter Homer. Anointing a coach to the HOF after 10 games is priceless!

The Broncos are in big trouble right now. Their defense was killing it during their 6-0 start, but they look like a totally different team right now.

Frazod
11-23-2009, 10:17 AM

If somebody chopped my nuts off, I could coach the Broncos.

swayy07
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Ahhh, ok... must have missed those as well.

must have man , must have....:clap:

Buck
11-23-2009, 11:01 AM
6 and 0, now they blow.

MHM is cool but KnowMo is getting to midnight douche levels.
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 11:05 AM
6 and 0, now they blow.

MHM is cool but KnowMo is getting to midnight douche levels.
Posted via Mobile Device

Getting?

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
BTW, Congrats, Buck.

Yesterday had to be a blast.

Coach
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
You shouldn't poke a bear with a stick.

SDChiefs
11-23-2009, 11:13 AM

You should try to join the rest of the world in what is commonly known as reality. I can't stand Haley and I would take him 10 times out of 9 over McJackass.

SDChiefs
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow a cocky Chiefs fan. Never thought I'd see the day.:)

Hes never had a winning season either. This is his first year as a head coach.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
You should try to join the rest of the world in what is commonly known as reality. I can't stand Haley and I would take him 10 times out of 9 over McJackass.

10 times out of 9? At this point, it's too early to tell with any of the new coaches...

Taco John
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Hall of fame calibre coach? Which hall of fame are we talking about?

I think McDaniels is sure promising, and I like a lot of what we saw earlier in the season - but the guy is a high risk gambler who is still quite immature in some of his decision-making. Yesterday's game was wrought with poor decisions. If Kyle Orton is good enough to go in after the first quarter, why didn't he start the game? And that horrible on-side kick that sucked all signs of life out of the team - what a terrible decision and what poor execution. The team clearly did not have their head into that play. And worst of all is his decision to stick with Tatum Moreno in short yardage and third down situations, where the guy is a total ghost. So far, Moreno is looking like a two-down back, but McDaniels insists on giving the guy carries on crucial downs when we need someone with the ability to run in traffic in tight spaces.

McDaniels is a bright guy, but to call him HOF calibre makes a mockery of the HOF.

SDChiefs
11-23-2009, 11:31 AM

By Knowmo's logic, he is already one. He plays for Denver.

Taco John
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM

Hell no. I'd take McDaniels over Haley 10 out of 10 times without even blinking.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
Hall of fame calibre coach? Which hall of fame are we talking about?

I think McDaniels is sure promising, and I like a lot of what we saw earlier in the season - but the guy is a high risk gambler who is still quite immature in some of his decision-making. Yesterday's game was wrought with poor decisions. If Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton is good enough to go in after the first quarter, why didn't he start the game? And that horrible on-side kick that sucked all signs of life out of the team - what a terrible decision and what poor execution. The team clearly did not have their head into that play. And worst of all is his decision to stick with Tatum Moreno in short yardage and third down situations, where the guy is a total ghost. So far, Moreno is looking like a two-down back, but McDaniels insists on giving the guy carries on crucial downs when we need someone with the ability to run in traffic in tight spaces.

McDaniels is a bright guy, but to call him HOF calibre makes a mockery of the HOF.

Regarding the fumble at the goal line yesterday... I won't call him 'Tatum'. Moreno was trying to make a big play, it's something a majority of players do in that situation... it was knocked out. Shit happens, but he was trying.

swayy07
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Hell no. I'd take McDaniels over Haley 10 out of 10 times without even blinking.

why because he started out 6 and 0? id much rather take haley over the pillowbiter McFistPump any day.

notorious
11-23-2009, 11:37 AM
10 times out of 9? At this point, it's too early to tell with any of the new coaches...

This.

We find out what coaches truly are in crisis. Anyone can run it when it's going right, but when the shit hits the fan, you see what they are made of.

We as Chiefs fans have lived in Crisis for the last 4 years. Denver has been getting a taste of it as well at the end of seasons.

Time will tell.

Frazod
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Hell no. I'd take McDaniels over Haley 10 out of 10 times without even thinking.

FYP

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
why because he started out 6 and 0? id much rather take haley over the pillowbiter McFistPump any day.

That's so lame... the guy beats his mentor and goes crazy with a celebration... big effing deal.

swayy07
11-23-2009, 12:11 PM
That's so lame... the guy beats his mentor and goes crazy with a celebration... big effing deal.

thats good for him he beat his mentor good job but the fact still remains that he looked like a 10 year old partially mentally retarded child when he did it. just sayin there are alot of coachs that do fist pumps and shit like that but, your coach looks like a kid who used to eat paint chips when he was a child, when he does it.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 12:16 PM
thats good for him he beat his mentor good job but the fact still remains that he looked like a 10 year old partially mentally retarded child when he did it. just sayin there are alot of coachs that do fist pumps and shit like that but, your coach looks like a kid who used to eat paint chips when he was a child, when he does it.

Whatever... if Haley had done that yesterday, you guys would have loved it. It was a freaking celebration after a big win...

swayy07
11-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Whatever... if Haley had done that yesterday, you guys would have loved it. It was a freaking celebration after a big win...

yes but once again our coach dosent look like a mentally challenged 10 year old

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the pre-game pep talk McDumbass.

McDaniels' trash talk laid to waste
By Kevin Acee

Monday, November 23, 2009 at 12:02 a.m.

Jay Cutler is gone. So maybe Josh McDaniels is the Bronco that San Diego will love to hate now.

The Chargers' locker room was abuzz yesterday, as players were both offended and amused by the Denver Broncos head coach telling the Chargers linebackers before yesterday's game, "We own you."

That, at least, was the version offered by the linebackers, to a man.

McDaniels, who slowed down to talk on his way to his car more than an hour after the game, said the Chargers started the trash talking. He would not elaborate on what he may have said, but neither did he deny he talked back.

"They talked to me first," McDaniels said. "I'm not making a story about this. If I did, I'd be able to tell you some things that aren't (fit) for papers."

The linebackers did not deny one or more among them may have started the dishing, but they thought McDaniels' behavior was beneath a man in his position.

"You gotta like his fire," Stephen Cooper said. "As a head coach I don't think you want to start jawing with players if you're not putting the pads on."

With a laugh, considering the Chargers' 32-3 victory, Cooper added, "Looks like he owned us, but it got repossessed."

A smiling Shawne Merriman said of McDaniels popping off: "It was cute."

Other Chargers said McDaniels directed his barb at Shaun Phillips. A source said it was Phillips who actually began the give and take.

"I'm not surprised," Phillips said of McDaniels talking. "He's a little cocky. ... It's all good, all fun and games. We didn't look too much into it. As a coach, I hope he has that mindset. But to say he owns us? I mean, you beat us one time. What has he really done in this league? He had a team 6-0, and now he's looking up at us from second place."