PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LJ goes we win. The Bengals pick him up and they lose. Coincidence?

BigRichard
11-23-2009, 08:39 AM
I think not. **** you LJ. :cuss:

Marco Polo
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
R

Brock
11-23-2009, 09:18 AM
e

wild1
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
p

Direckshun
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
o

Mr. Plow
11-23-2009, 09:37 AM
s

Royal Fanatic
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
t

brorth
11-23-2009, 09:55 AM
3post?

MikeMaslowski
11-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Those first 6 posts show me the most unity I have ever seen on CP. I applaud you guys.

BigRichard
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Damn it!:D

Direckshun
11-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Those first 6 posts show me the most unity I have ever seen on CP. I applaud you guys.

Chiefs fans of all stripes agree that reposts should pay.

ohwhyknott
11-23-2009, 10:21 AM
I think not. **** you LJ. :cuss:That is a funny way to look at it but~~~he only had one carry for about 6 yards in the game. I'm from Cincinnati, & boy did they blow it or what? Andre Caldwell did'nt have the ball wrapped up on that last kickoff & got stripped easy enough. I guess we can't really complain too much about him though, because he also caught TD passes that beat Pittsburgh twice in crunch time. I'm really here mostly to know what your fans really thought of LJ. & I guess I've figured that out already.--lol The Bengals take a lot of chances on guys that have personal problems, but any NFL fan knows about Johnson's ability to move the chains. You just don't make the Pro Bowl at his position, without being one of the top rushers in the AFC. Please believe me, I'm not here to argue with your fans & spew trash. (I'm not a troll) On Bengals,com we have a ton of those guys from Pittsburgh that have nothing else to say but Bungals stink, blah blah blah. (some Steeler fans have thousands of posts doing that stuff--lol) I guess it's the same for you guys with AFC West teams, doing the same thing. I'm an AFC guy, from an AFC town, that always roots for our Conference in the Super Bowl. & I think I could still name about half the starters from that old Chiefs team that won Super Bowl IV with Hank Stram. That was one of the AFC's all-time best teams! We even lost our best ever QB (Greg Cook) when he was sacked by the Chiefs DT Buck Buchanon, he tore his rotator cuff & that ended his career. I know, no one's even heard of Greg Cook, but he actually made the NFL change their minds about the "Hula Bowl" by throwing for 6 TD's (one pass was a bomb over 60 yards perfectly to a reciever he had never thrown to before the Hula Bowl game)before 7 minutes into the second quarter, against the N.Y. Jets & Joe Namath, winners of SB III. (for your younger fans that may not remember this stuff--I'm 52 years old--I was a fan) The NFL was going have an anual exibition game, with the winners of the Super Bowl, playing a team of college all-stars. The Packers won the first 2 SB's & both Hula Bowls. But, the Jets were being taken apart by Greg Cook & the all-stars when the coach of the college team recieved a phone call at the sidelines from the NFL front office, demanding him to yank Cook out of the game, because of the embarassment he was causing the Jets & the NFL. That was the last "Hula Bowl" ever played. The Pro Bowl was always played in L.A. before that, & was moved to Hawaii, & the NFL just swept the memory of the Hula Bowl away. That's another reason why Dan Marino is given credit for being the first rookie to ever lead the league in passing, when Greg Cook did it about the same time Dan Marino was still in diapers!

cookster50
11-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Dude, that was 4 years ago, LJ is done.

Marco Polo
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM

It was fairly impressive. :clap:

mikey23545
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
That is a funny way to look at it but~~~he only had one carry for about 6 yards in the game. I'm from Cincinnati, & boy did they blow it or what? Andre Caldwell did'nt have the ball wrapped up on that last kickoff & got stripped easy enough. I guess we can't really complain too much about him though, because he also caught TD passes that beat Pittsburgh twice in crunch time. I'm really here mostly to know what your fans really thought of LJ. & I guess I've figured that out already.--lol The Bengals take a lot of chances on guys that have personal problems, but any NFL fan knows about Johnson's ability to move the chains. You just don't make the Pro Bowl at his position, without being one of the top rushers in the AFC. Please believe me, I'm not here to argue with your fans & spew trash. (I'm not a troll) On Bengals,com we have a ton of those guys from Pittsburgh that have nothing else to say but Bungals stink, blah blah blah. (some Steeler fans have thousands of posts doing that stuff--lol) I guess it's the same for you guys with AFC West teams, doing the same thing. I'm an AFC guy, from an AFC town, that always roots for our Conference in the Super Bowl. & I think I could still name about half the starters from that old Chiefs team that won Super Bowl IV with Hank Stram. That was one of the AFC's all-time best teams! We even lost our best ever QB (Greg Cook) when he was sacked by the Chiefs DT Buck Buchanon, he tore his rotator cuff & that ended his career. I know, no one's even heard of Greg Cook, but he actually made the NFL change their minds about the "Hula Bowl" by throwing for 6 TD's (one pass was a bomb over 60 yards perfectly to a reciever he had never thrown to before the Hula Bowl game)before 7 minutes into the second quarter, against the N.Y. Jets & Joe Namath, winners of SB III. (for your younger fans that may not remember this stuff--I'm 52 years old--I was a fan) The NFL was going have an anual exibition game, with the winners of the Super Bowl, playing a team of college all-stars. The Packers won the first 2 SB's & both Hula Bowls. But, the Jets were being taken apart by Greg Cook & the all-stars when the coach of the college team recieved a phone call at the sidelines from the NFL front office, demanding him to yank Cook out of the game, because of the embarassment he was causing the Jets & the NFL. That was the last "Hula Bowl" ever played. The Pro Bowl was always played in L.A. before that, & was moved to Hawaii, & the NFL just swept the memory of the Hula Bowl away. That's another reason why Dan Marino is given credit for being the first rookie to ever lead the league in passing, when Greg Cook did it about the same time Dan Marino was still in diapers!

Hey, welcome to the board ohwhyknott!

I'm the same age as you, and I remember Greg Cook as well....What a damn shame that was. That kid looked like he had a chance to make the AFL forget all about Namath. I admit I don't remember all the background stuff about the Hula Bowl - very interesting.

Well, I hope you decide to visit our board often - it's always great to have someone around who remembers and appreciates the history of football and the AFL!

DBOSHO
11-23-2009, 10:56 AM
HEY! NOONE does the fucking tandem repost unless I start it.

Reaper16
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Impressive timing on the 6-man repost chain. I'm surprised no one c-c-c-combo breaker!'d it.