PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Not to nitpick Chambers BUT?

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Why didnt he cut back inside on the long OT run down inside the 10 and just house that MF'er ending the game then?

I know it is being nit picky!!!!!!!1!!!1111!!1 But he had the scoring opportunity...

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 08:07 AM
I'm actually glad he didn't.

Our luck, he would have cut back inside and gotten stripped of the ball.

Hog Farmer
11-23-2009, 08:08 AM
I thought the same thing. Thats why SD cut him, he's a puss.

JASONSAUTO
11-23-2009, 08:09 AM

i was thinking the same thing:D

EyePod
11-23-2009, 08:09 AM
nitpicking is nice. i like wins. you cant really nitpick if you lose the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM

That is understandable, but to me it seemed like the pursuing defenders started to give up as he got closer and closer to the goal line...

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 08:11 AM
nitpicking is nice. i like wins. you cant really nitpick if you lose the game.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was just surprised that he didnt cut back and score at that time ending the game..

I know its a moot point, just wondered what others thought about it.

morphius
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
It had me scratching my head a bit.

Demonpenz
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
he had just ran all over the field been hurt came back broke up passes caught a long pass trucked all the way down the field in overtime.

Demonpenz
11-23-2009, 08:22 AM
he sprinted 110 yards total on that play if you count him going east or west. in ot

CaliforniaChief
11-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Obviously he had Succop on his fantasy team.

DumbHillbillies
I thought the same thing. Thats why SD cut him, he's a puss.

This. Didn't show a killer instinct.

BigRedChief
It had me scratching my head a bit.
He said in an interview that I heard that his shoulder was really hurting and he went out of bounds to avoid getting hit on it again and make it worse.

DumbHillbillies
11-23-2009, 08:26 AM
He said in an interview that I heard that his shoulder was really hurting and he went out of bounds to avoid getting hit on it again and make it worse.

Confirmed puss or thinking beyond this season ?

Brock
11-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Jesus Christ, are you kidding?

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 08:30 AM
Confirmed puss or thinking beyond this season ?Sounded to me like a puss, only he knows how much pain he was in.....but it certaintly raises red flags and the fact he was just let go without a team seeking even a 7th rounder for him.

-King-
11-23-2009, 08:52 AM
Why risk getting the ball stripped when you have a good kicker on your team?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
11-23-2009, 09:01 AM
If he was a "puss", he wouldn't have gotten back on the field to begin with.

Demonpenz
11-23-2009, 09:04 AM
If he was a "puss", he wouldn't have gotten back on the field to begin with.

that's what I am saying, he got spiked into the ground after making a balls out catch setting up the shovel pass TD. He wanted right back in.

MikeMaslowski
11-23-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. It looked like with the momentum he coulda just put his head down and took it in.

Eff it, a wins a win!

ChiTown
11-23-2009, 09:08 AM
At first, I had the same thought. Then, I wondered if maybe he was gassed, a bit hurt, and didn't want to take the chance of getting the ball stripped out. It amounted to an extra point kick. No harm, no foul.

ChiefsandO'sfan
11-23-2009, 09:12 AM
lol but who knows

Gonzo
11-23-2009, 09:17 AM
At first, I had the same thought. Then, I wondered if maybe he was gassed, a bit hurt, and didn't want to take the chance of getting the ball stripped out. It amounted to an extra point kick. No harm, no foul.

This..
I really think he was exhausted and didn't want to chance the strip either.

Iowanian
11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
I snickered at the Chambers signing and said "he is done".....but in all fairness, he's shown up the past 3 weeks and produced when he needed to do so.

He's made a difference.

gblowfish
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Who cares?
Just win, baby.

Fritz88
11-23-2009, 09:25 AM
it seems to me that he had instructions just to get to field goal range, that's why Pope (45)didn't make the tackle and just stopped.

Chiefnj2
11-23-2009, 09:27 AM
The best part about that catch and run was watching Pope stand still and not throw any blocks. He didn't even bother jogging down the sideline to help.

Rain Man
11-23-2009, 09:27 AM

That made me laugh out loud, and then ponder the sinister implications of fantasy football.

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
The best part about that catch and run was watching Pope stand still and not throw any blocks. He didn't even bother jogging down the sideline to help.

Huh?

He threw the most important block.

JASONSAUTO
11-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Huh?

He threw the most important block.

YEP then just watched the play unfold in all its glory:D

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
YEP then just watched the play unfold in all its glory:D

True, but really, what was he going to do at that point?

Chambers was well on his way, Pope wasn't going to catch or pass him to lay another block.

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 09:32 AM
The best part about that catch and run was watching Pope stand still and not throw any blocks. He didn't even bother jogging down the sideline to help.dude you need to watch the play again. It was his block that sealed the hole and let him by. See the pitt player laying at his feet from his wipe out block? thats what sprung him.

pope also had the key block that sprung Charles for the return TD

JASONSAUTO
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM

Chambers was well on his way, Pope wasn't going to catch or pass him to lay another block.

oh i agree, if he would have tried anything else it would have probably been a penalty, knowing our luck

ChiTown
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
By the way, Leonard Pope is a helluva nice surprise, isn't he?

He looks NFL capable at both blocking and receiving. Me likey.

Chiefnj2
11-23-2009, 09:35 AM
dude you need to watch the play again. It was his block that sealed the hole and let him by. See the pitt player laying at his feet from his wipe out block? thats what sprung him.

pope also had the key block that sprung Charles for the return TD

The guy on the Steelers tripped into Pope and fell down. Pope raised his hands in the air and had the opportunity to attempt to block or get in the way of some of the pursuing defenders, but he just stood there.

MikeMaslowski
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM

TO JUMP ON A POSSIBLE FUMBLE!!!

That's what I would say if I was a coach.

meh.

LaChapelle
11-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Chambers also prevented a Castleception
and I'm not sure it's the first time

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
We got rid of Chambers because he lost his fire. I always thought he had plenty of gas left in the tank.

Kind of sad though that you need to be released and signed by a cellar dweller to get your game right.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
We got rid of Chambers because he lost his fire. I always thought he had plenty of gas left in the tank.

Kind of sad though that you need to be released and signed by a cellar dweller to get your game right.

Why bring your mom into the discussion?

Hydrae
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
I have Chambers on my fantasy team and was pissed at first. Then I realized that if he had cut it inside there was every chance for a forced fumble. I think he did the completely correct thing by getting out of bounds. It was overtime and his run to the 4 had already won the game. Why risk losing the ball and possibly the game?

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Why bring your mom into the discussion?

I know you're absolutely furious but no need to be in denial about it.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
I know you're absolutely furious but no need to be in denial about it.

Why would I be furious that your mom is a cellar dwellar? That makes absolutely zero sense......

WhitiE
11-23-2009, 11:27 AM

thread over

beach tribe
11-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Sounded to me like a puss, only he knows how much pain he was in.....but it certaintly raises red flags and the fact he was just let go without a team seeking even a 7th rounder for him.

It happens sometimes. It may have just been lucky for us, but the FACT is, he's better than anyone we had, not named Bowe, and he might even be better than him.

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 11:35 AM
Why would I be furious that your mom is a cellar dwellar? That makes absolutely zero sense......

I tell ya...these KC Chief posters are Intelligent.....ROFL

Because your team is irrelevant.

Go cry in the corner.

dtebbe
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
By the way, Leonard Pope is a helluva nice surprise, isn't he?

He looks NFL capable at both blocking and receiving. Me likey.

I remember he was a hell of a player at Georgia.

DT

Tuckdaddy
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
He could have probably got the in for the TD but lets be happy. You could also nitpick Haley for not centering the ball for the FG but it can be argued that something can go wrong with that as well.

I don't blame either of them for not handling the ball more than needed. It was a miracle to be in the position in the first place. Don't get cute. Kick the FG and let's drink.

Dave Lane
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
i was thinking the same thing:D

He got the wind knocked out of him 2-3 plays before. You bunch of fucking pussies won't even come out for a flag football game for chiefsplanet so you have no fucking right to complain about anything :)

Demonpenz
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
He could have probably got the in for the TD but lets be happy. You could also nitpick Haley for not centering the ball for the FG but it can be argued that something can go wrong with that as well.

I don't blame either of them for not handling the ball more than needed. It was a miracle to be in the position in the first place. Don't get cute. Kick the FG and let's drink.

you don't always get to center the ball for game winning kicks, proving that now to succop will be valueable down the line

wutamess
11-23-2009, 12:28 PM
He got the wind knocked out of him 2-3 plays before. You bunch of ****ing pussies won't even come out for a flag football game for chiefsplanet so you have no ****ing right to complain about anything :)

Exactly... He just ran a 60 yard fly route the play before and then ran 100+ yards on the route/catch/and run.

That shit is hard as hell to do. I don't blame him for stepping out of bounds.

DaneMcCloud
11-23-2009, 12:31 PM
Why didnt he cut back inside on the long OT run down inside the 10 and just house that MF'er ending the game then?

I know it is being nit picky!!!!!!!1!!!1111!!1 But he had the scoring opportunity...

And people say I'm negative?

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 01:05 PM
And people say I'm negative?

I was just wondering why he didnt house it... a win is a win.... Just wondered...

-King-
11-23-2009, 01:17 PM
The guy on the Steelers tripped into Pope and fell down. Pope raised his hands in the air and had the opportunity to attempt to block or get in the way of some of the pursuing defenders, but he just stood there.

Um watch it again. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814654cd/Chris-Chambers-61-yd-catch

If he had tried to chase and block someone, it would have probably been block in the back because theres no way he's fast enough to get infront of them and block them up right.