PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Charlie Weis - our next OC?

ChiTown
11-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Hmmm

http://footballcoachscoop.com/Scoop.html

Kansas City Chiefs:
FootballCoachScoop has BREAKING NEWS as our source has confirmed that Charlie Weis was offered the Kansas City Chiefs Offensive Coordinator
position under Head Coach Todd Haley.

Reerun_KC
11-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Huh?

Marco Polo
11-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Just imagine the ego articles JWhit can write about Weis alone.

Stinger
11-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Thought about it myself has the New England/Pioli connection. Say what you want about his head coaching term, but he is a very good Offensive Coordinator and IMO will be highly sought after if/when he is let go.

dirk digler
and Romeo Crennel as the DC :D

Brock
Would be a coup.

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Well, if "Football Coach Scoop" says it, it HAS to be true.

KCDC
11-23-2009, 09:23 AM
Here's the Wiki link to the bio of Weis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Weis

Royal Fanatic
11-23-2009, 09:28 AM
The deal is done!

Rooster
11-23-2009, 09:31 AM
Well, if "Football Coach Scoop" says it, it HAS to be true.

ROFLROFL My thoughts exactly.

Demonpenz
11-23-2009, 09:33 AM
better get jackson county voters to give tax money to re-enforce the Cordinators booth.

ChiTown
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't vouch for the credibility of this site, just posting what I found.

It is an interesting possibility, however.

Brock
11-23-2009, 09:34 AM
in with the first fat joke, yaaaay!

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 09:37 AM
doesn't he have to be fired first? Is it tampering if he's not in the nfl?

He'd be a huge pickup, but again I could see him going back to New England before coming here.

Brock
11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
Why would NE want him back? They don't run his offense anymore.

Huffman83
11-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I don't have a problem w/ it. I just imagine Haley wanting to bring someone in w/ less "baggage." and ego.More of a new blood, new idea kind of OC. Someone that will recognize Haley as the head coach, not "My buddy Parcell's former bitch boy."

Weis and Haley should be familiar w/ each other since Haley was involved in the Jets offense around the same time. (I believe Haley was his WR's coach when Weis was the OC in NY.)

Rooster
11-23-2009, 09:40 AM

I was wondering that too. He is under contract with ND. I have no idea what the rules are though.

KCUnited
11-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Air Fupa. The greatest show on grass returns to Arrowhead.

Royal Fanatic
11-23-2009, 09:42 AM

He'd be a huge pickup, but again I could see him going back to New England before coming here.

Ask Nick Saban. He should know.

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 09:42 AM

details. don't read the internet? Gruden's a lock for next year.:)

Why would he go to NE? He knows Bellicheck is going to be there forever. If he does a good job here and Haley flops or moves on...maybe he gets a head coaching chance here? Pioli says nothing but great things about the guy. Weiss as OC and Crennel as DC...:clap:

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 09:45 AM
I don't vouch for the credibility of this site, just posting what I found.

It is an interesting possibility, however.

Wasn't knocking you, dude. Just the website.

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Wasn't knocking you, dude. Just the website.yeah it doesn't exactly have a steller reputation for publishing solid info.

Demonpenz
11-23-2009, 09:48 AM
And the chiefs fall again Navy 17 Chiefs 10

ChiTown
11-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Wasn't knocking you, dude. Just the website.

Yeah, I know. Just making it clear that I don't vouch or endorse the site.

Woodrow Call
11-23-2009, 09:52 AM

ROFL

Rooster
11-23-2009, 10:03 AM

ROFLROFLROFL Well done sir....

dirk digler
11-23-2009, 10:07 AM

There is no tampering when trying to get college coaches.

ChiefsCountry
11-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Haley and Weis were on Jets staff together under Parcells. Weis was the OC and Haley was the WR coach. Weis offense might fit Cassel better, Cassel doesn't have the arm to run Haley's offense but he does in Weis' short passing game.

The Bad Guy
11-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Charlie Weis looks like Chaz Bono.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2009, 10:14 AM
i seriously doubt he was offered anything while he still has a job with ND

Amnorix
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM

It's not tampering. That's only between NFL teams. Raiding the colleges is fine.

Amnorix
11-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Why would NE want him back? They don't run his offense anymore.

We more or less do, actually. The play book has evolved since 2004, but it's not like we switched and run the West Coast Offense or anything...

Bill Lundberg
11-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Petro just referenced a newspaper in South Bend reporting the same thing.

Coach
11-23-2009, 10:58 AM
The question that I have here is, does Weis offensive philosophy matches Haley's offensive philosophy?

ChiTown
11-23-2009, 11:00 AM
The question that I have here is, does Weis offensive philosophy matches Haley's offensive philosophy?

Pretty much, yeah.

Pestilence
11-23-2009, 11:11 AM
As a Notre Dame and Chiefs fan.....I say FUCK NO.

I've watched every Notre Dame game....and the dude can't game plan for shit. His teams come out stagnant. It's like he doesn't watch tape on the teams he's about to play.

I guess he'd fit right in with the Chiefs.

chief52
11-23-2009, 11:12 AM
From this morning's South Bend Tribune...

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20091123/SPORTS13/311239995/1130

"Already Weis' name is being linked to the Kansas City Chiefs, a team whose general manager, Scott Pioli, was the vice president of player personnel for the New England Patriots when Weis walked away as the high-profile offensive coordinator of the New England Patriots to become the head coach at his alma mater four years and 11 months ago.

The Chiefs have a first-year head coach in Todd Haley, who fired his offensive coordinator, Chan Gailey, during the preseason exhibition season and has been de facto offensive coordinator ever since."

Iowanian
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I'll wait to see it to believe it, once Weis is canned(at great expense) by ND.

I think it's a natural fit and he was a very productive OC in the NFL, has ties with management and a similar offensive philosophy to Haley.

Crenel makes sense too.

I'd be happy with both.

BigRedChief
11-23-2009, 11:16 AM
From this morning's South Bend Tribune...

http://www.southbendtribune.com/article/20091123/SPORTS13/311239995/1130

"Already Weis' name is being linked to the Kansas City Chiefs, a team whose general manager, Scott Pioli, was the vice president of player personnel for the New England Patriots when Weis walked away as the high-profile offensive coordinator of the New England Patriots to become the head coach at his alma mater four years and 11 months ago.

The Chiefs have a first-year head coach in Todd Haley, who fired his offensive coordinator, Chan Gailey, during the preseason exhibition season and has been de facto offensive coordinator ever since."
like the piece says, it looks to be a natural fit for all.

Rooster
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
With all the BBQ joints in KC he will look like Mangino in about two seasons.

The Bad Guy
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
I'd love Weis here.

Chaz Bono in 2010!

Pestilence
11-23-2009, 11:21 AM
With all the BBQ joints in KC he will look like Mangino in about two seasons.

Two seasons? The dude is only about 100 lbs away from being like Mangino.

notorious
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
maybe he gets a head coaching chance here?

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!

notorious
11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
In theory, he could start working here in two weeks.

Wow.

The Bad Guy
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
In theory, he could start working here in two weeks.

Wow.

I think it would be very beneficial for Charlie to at least be a consultant immediately after his firing if he was going to come here. Kinda kickstart the evaluation process.

notorious
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I think it would be very beneficial for Charlie to at least be a consultant immediately after his firing if he was going to come here. Kinda kickstart the evaluation process.

Yep. If he takes the job offer he should start immediately.

Brock
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
As a Notre Dame and Chiefs fan.....I say FUCK NO.

I've watched every Notre Dame game....and the dude can't game plan for shit. His teams come out stagnant. It's like he doesn't watch tape on the teams he's about to play.

I guess he'd fit right in with the Chiefs.

He seemed to do okay in the NFL.

Brock
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
We more or less do, actually. The play book has evolved since 2004, but it's not like we switched and run the West Coast Offense or anything...

It's evolved into something completely different, IMO.

notorious
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM

Talent has a tendency to do that to the playbook.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 11:47 AM

almost precisely what I thought.

SLAG
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
I could really dig this if true

L.A. Chieffan
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
im wit it

Amnorix
11-23-2009, 12:19 PM

I respect your general football knowledge, but you're really not right on this.

If you think of a playbook as a vast menu with an underlying concept, then I feel confident in saying that all that has really happened since the Weis era of 2000-2004 is that due to the changes in players, the items that are more frequently selected from that same menu have changed.

The menu, of course, undergoes some degree of revision year after year, but the core philosophy and concept hasn't really changed. The offense is still multiple, morphs weekly to try to attack opposing defense's perceived weaknesses, etc.

KCtotheSB
11-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Meh.....

I don't really follow college football outside of watching SportsCenter on Saturday nights just to get an idea of how the day in college football played out, so far be it from me to have an educated opinion on Charlie Weis. All I know is that he's not living up to Notre Dame's holier than thou standards.

wazu
11-23-2009, 01:09 PM
Grunhard tweeted this earlier, but then retracted it. Sounds like it was a rumor that started via e-mail with a bunch of Notre Dame alumni and wishful thinking.

ChiefMojo
11-23-2009, 01:33 PM
I bet you good money he is our OC next season. Makes way to much sense not to think otherwise. His connections to the Pioli/Haley are tremendous. His style of offense fits what the Chiefs basically run now and what Pioli is use to. Not only that, but he understands the type of offensive player that Pioli likes.

Sure he didn't work out at Notre Dame, but that doesn't make him completely a ruined product. Maybe he is just better suited to be a NFL OC? Again, he just fits everything we are looking for in a OC.

Gravedigger
11-23-2009, 01:38 PM
Who the f@$% is football coach scoop? What a terrible name for a "news outlet". Does Nick Athan have anything to do with this organization?

chiefsfan4life1978
11-23-2009, 03:21 PM
i don't give a flying shit who the next oc is as long as we get one. a first time head coach can't coach and be oc at the same time imo

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 03:31 PM
Though you could argue that most of it was Tom Brady, several receivers that were big contributors on the roster during Charlies days in NE have either left or done little since working with Weis.
Deion Branch, David Givens, David Patten, Troy Brown,...I'm sure I'm probably leaving out someone.

None of the receivers in his offense ever put up huge numbers, yet he got 3 Superbowl rings as an OC. If we are lucky, Charlie could just settle down here like Tom Moore did in Indy.

The Rick
11-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Man, I just don't know about this. I just can't see Haley (or Pioli), for all the right reasons, bringing in someone who's possibly a higher profile coach than he is. Especially when they both coach the same side of the ball.

Even unintentionally, the move could undermine Haley. It works OK when the high-profile coordinator coaches the opposite of what the head coach's specialty is (i.e. Mike Nolan in Denver), but I think when they both specialize in the same area, it's more difficult.

Haley would want Weis to run the offense the way Haley wants it run...is Weis really going to just do whatever Haley wants? I just can't see it. It's the same scenario that we had with Chan Gailey before the season started.

I said this in another thread, but more than likely, Haley's going to want to bring in a young, up-and-comer who's fresh and not set in his ways who will run Haley's offense. Coaches like Gailey and Weis are more set in their ways. The new OC will coach the players and work with Haley on the gameplan, but Haley will continue to call the plays on Sunday (like most offensive-minded head coaches).

Do you really think Weis will want to be the OC if he's not going to call the plays on Sundays?

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Man, I just don't know about this. I just can't see Haley (or Pioli), for all the right reasons, bringing in someone who's possibly a higher profile coach than he is. Especially when they both coach the same side of the ball.

Even unintentionally, the move could undermine Haley. It works OK when the high-profile coordinator coaches the opposite of what the head coach's specialty is (i.e. Mike Nolan in Denver), but I think when they both specialize in the same area, it's more difficult.

Haley would want Weis to run the offense the way Haley wants it run...is Weis really going to just do whatever Haley wants? I just can't see it. It's the same scenario that we had with Chan Gailey before the season started.

I said this in another thread, but more than likely, Haley's going to want to bring in a young, up-and-comer who's fresh and not set in his ways who will run Haley's offense. Coaches like Gailey and Weis are more set in their ways. The new OC will coach the players and work with Haley on the gameplan, but Haley will continue to call the plays on Sunday (like most offensive-minded head coaches).

Do you really think Weis will want to be the OC if he's not going to call the plays on Sundays?

In general, I'd agree and in the past I have said nearly the exact same thing. That said, Haley would be slightly more inclined to hire a guy who's got the rings that he lacks. If Weis is the guy we get, I can see Haley giving up the playcalling. Anyone short of him and especially a new up and comer, he wouldn't give up calling the plays on game day next season.

LaChapelle
11-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Josh McDaniels may be available at the end of the season.

swayy07
11-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Josh McDaniels may be available at the end of the season.

:clap: awsome just sayin..

Micjones
11-23-2009, 05:28 PM

You make excellent points, but I think having Weis as his Coordinator helps solidify Haley's job. He's gonna be on a much shorter leash if he continues to be responsible for this offense. If he fails...Pioli will have more ammunition to walk him. If he defers that responsibility to Weis... He can weasel his way out of being fired if they don't gel.

ChiefsFan4Life
11-23-2009, 05:28 PM
John Clayton mentioned this on ESPN radio yesterday. I sent a twitter (is that the way to say it) to Josh Looney about it and Looney said rumors were just that, rumors - didn't say much else

chiefscafan
11-23-2009, 05:41 PM
yeah my only problem with this is can these two egos get along? If they can definitely I do see romeo as Dc next year

Rausch
11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I'm not a fan.

At all.

philfree
11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't want the retreads. They had their day so i'd prefer some young coaching talent.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rausch
11-23-2009, 05:46 PM
I don't want the retreads. They had their day so i'd prefer some young coaching talent.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd love an established OC that can come in and run HIS offense.

I just don't think that's going to happen. Haley wants his offense just like DV did.

JD10367
11-23-2009, 05:51 PM
Weis is overrated. People forget that, in Jets-land, he actually had the playcalling taken away from him by Parcells at one point. And when in New England, a large portion of the fanbase second-guessed him constantly and thought him uncreative. (And we've all seen him flame out as a college coach.)

Yeah, when he was the OC (2000-2004), they won three Super Bowls. Frankly, I attribute those more to Belichick, Pioli, Bob Kraft, Tom Brady, Adam Vinatieri, and some luck. I rank Weis's OCing around 30th on the list. JMO.

Then again, since KC has no OC, I guess Weis is a step up from nothing at all. But I wouldn't buy him a XXXXL shirt that said, "PRINT EM! TO THE SHIP!!!1!1!" if I were you...

RedThat
11-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Im for it.

I think it would be a good idea to hire Weiss, fire Pendergast, and hire Romeo Crennel.
Todd Haley is a young coach who has to grow and I think its beneficial to him to surround himself with good quality coaches that have veteran experience.

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Charlie Weis has a great track record as an assistant. In 1994 was TE's coach when Ben Coates caught 96 passes. In 1995 was RBs coach in Curtis Martins 1400 rookie year. Was WR coach for Terry Glenns 90 catch rookie year. OC with Jets and Patriots. Got the most out of team with Givens and Branch as WRs. Get Charlie Weis!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

philfree
11-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd love an established OC that can come in and run HIS offense.

I just don't think that's going to happen. Haley wants his offense just like DV did.

That's fine with me but I think Haley will hire an OC after this season is over. I think he's realized he needs one from a few comments he's made.

Rausch
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, when he was the OC (2000-2004), they won three Super Bowls. Frankly, I attribute those more to Belichick, Pioli, Bob Kraft, Tom Brady, Adam Vinatieri, and some luck. I rank Weis's OCing around 30th on the list. JMO.

Note that the Pats offense has dramatically improved after he exited...

Rausch
11-23-2009, 05:58 PM
That's fine with me but I think Haley will hire an OC after this season is over. I think he's realized he needs one from a few comments he's made.

I hope so but I'll wait and see.

I'm not even sure I'd know how to classify Haley's offense...

The Bad Guy
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM

Randy Moss and Wes Welker will help with that.

Let's be real here, Brady was throwing to David Givens, Troy Brown and Deion Branch.

RedThat
11-23-2009, 05:59 PM

I think the reason to that is the maturation of Tom Brady over the years.

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:00 PM

No. Not in in 2005 and 2006 it didn't. Do you think the sudden improvement in 2007 had something to do with Randy Moss and Wes Welker??
Posted via Mobile Device

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM

Nothing against you Phil, but I always laugh when I see people say things like this. He's PROVEN. What makes you think a "young coaching talent" is more worthy of the job than a guy who's got 3 rings?

Tom Moore was a retread when he got to Indy. Bill Parcell's was a retread when he got to Dallas. Bill Belichick was a retread when he got to New England. Tony Dungy a retread when he got to Indy. DV a retread when he got to St Louis. The list goes on and on.

Weis is a proven offensive coordinator in the NFL. He got hired for a job to coach at a school with a lot of history, but standards so high that they have trouble recruiting top athletes. It probably won't work out there for him and

I don't think anyone would argue that he ins't head coaching material. You can obviously make the argument that he was successful because of Brady and you might be right. But to disregard him as a "retread" when he is proven, and has 3 rings to show for it, is weak at best.

All I know is he's gotten the job done.
1999 Patriots (pre-Weis) 29th in scoring, 18th in yardage
2000 Patriots (1st year) 25th in scoring, 22nd in yardage
2001 Patriots 6th in scoring, 19th in yardage
2002 10th in scoring, 21st in yardage
2003 12th in scoring, 17th in yardage
2004 (last year) 4th in scoring, 7th in yardage
2005 (post-Weis) 10th in scoring, 7th in yardage

JD10367
11-23-2009, 06:03 PM
All I know is he's gotten the job done.
1999 Patriots (<strike>pre-Weis</strike> pre-Belichick and pre-Brady) 29th in scoring, 18th in yardage
2000 Patriots (1st year) 25th in scoring, 22nd in yardage
2001 Patriots (Brady's first year starting) 6th in scoring, 19th in yardage
2002 10th in scoring, 21st in yardage
2003 12th in scoring, 17th in yardage
2004 (last year) 4th in scoring, 7th in yardage
2005 (post-Weis) 10th in scoring, 7th in yardage

Notated.

KC Jones
11-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I'd be surprised. The Piolo/NE connection makes sense, but it's not strictly Pioli's call. It needs to be more Haley's call about whose on his staff. Haley is going to want someone to run HIS OFFENSE. Hence we got rid of a very well respected and capable OC in pre-season. Unless Weiss wants to come here and run Haley's offense, and Haley thinks it will work, I don't see it happening.

JD10367
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Charlie Weis has a great track record as an assistant. In 1994 was TE's coach when Ben Coates caught 96 passes. In 1995 was RBs coach in Curtis Martins 1400 rookie year. Was WR coach for Terry Glenns 90 catch rookie year. OC with Jets and Patriots. Got the most out of team with Givens and Branch as WRs. Get Charlie Weis!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ben Coates was a great player. Curtis Martin was a great player. Terry Glenn was a great young player with potential, before he self-destructed. (Plus they had some guy named Bledsoe.)

Givens and Branch were solid young players, before injuries ruined their careers. (Plus they had some guy named Brady.)

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Notated.

Its amazes me how a Patriots fan can have a problem with Charlie Weis. What didn't he do that you think he should have accomplished?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-23-2009, 06:07 PM
No. Not in in 2005 and 2006 it didn't. Do you think the sudden improvement in 2007 had something to do with Randy Moss and Wes Welker??
Posted via Mobile Device

And you don't think a new OC had different ideas (no longer run first) and opinions on adding FA's?

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Ben Coates was a great player. Curtis Martin was a great player. Terry Glenn was a great young player with potential, before he self-destructed. (Plus they had some guy named Bledsoe.)

Givens and Branch were solid young players, before injuries ruined their careers. (Plus they had some guy named Brady.)
You completely missed the point. Those players had their best years when Weis was their position coach. And where are Givens and Branch now? Look, obviously Brady was the key componant. But what exactly did Weis do wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Im for it.

I think it would be a good idea to hire Weiss, fire Pendergast, and hire Romeo Crennel.
Todd Haley is a young coach who has to grow and I think its beneficial to him to surround himself with good quality coaches that have veteran experience.

Pendergast might have saved his job yesterday. Not saying that a 515 yard performance is something that should save a job, just that Haley's emotions will come into play and with the way the defense played late in the game, he might feel differently than a couple of weeks ago.

JD10367
11-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Its amazes me how a Patriots fan can have a problem with Charlie Weis. What didn't he do that you think he should have accomplished?
Posted via Mobile Device

What didn't "he" do? What DID he do? Or did you just hop on the bandwagon recently? Even while the Pats were winning Super Bowls, there were legions of fans criticizing Weis's vanilla offenses and lack of creativity, and when Weis left there was almost no public outcry or worry. Before the Pats, as I said, he got his duties taken away. After the Pats, he's tanked as a college coach. What would make anyone think he's some genius coordinator? 2001-2004 was a perfect storm of a great owner, great HC, and great QB. The HC and QB are going into Canton. Weis will not, trust me.

Again, he's certainly better than no coordinator at all. I just don't think he's KC's missing link to winning a Super Bowl.

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:10 PM
And you don't think a new OC had different ideas (no longer run first) and opinions on adding FA's?
What?? You are saying Charie Weis kept the Patriots from getting Moss and Welker in 2004?
The reason they got Moss and Welker is because they lost to the Colts in 2006 with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney are their receivers not because the great Josh McDaniels had the brilliant idea.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM
What didn't "he" do? What DID he do? Or did you just hop on the bandwagon recently? Even while the Pats were winning Super Bowls, there were legions of fans criticizing Weis's vanilla offenses and lack of creativity, and when Weis left there was almost no public outcry or worry. Before the Pats, as I said, he got his duties taken away. After the Pats, he's tanked as a college coach. What would make anyone think he's some genius coordinator? 2001-2004 was a perfect storm of a great owner, great HC, and great QB. The HC and QB are going into Canton. Weis will not, trust me.

Again, he's certainly better than no coordinator at all. I just don't think he's KC's missing link to winning a Super Bowl.
Gawd you sound like Mecca. Fine then since he's not THE missing link to winning the frickin Super Bowl by all means don't get him. He sucks.

In what ways did he lack imagination. I suggest you watch tapes of SB 36 and the 2004 AFC title game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM
What?? You are saying Charie Weis kept the Patriots from getting Moss and Welker in 2004?

I'm saying there wasn't as much of an emphasis on talent at WR.

I'm also saying that after Weis they switched to a more pass-oriented offense.

Even the HB's drafted after Weis were better recievers (save Faulk.)

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:19 PM

This is interesting logic. Since he won with inferior talent it proves he wasn't that good because after he left Belichick and Pioli got better talent.
Just brilliant.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-23-2009, 06:20 PM
This is interesting logic. Since he won with inferior talent it proves he wasn't that good because after he left Belichick and Pioli got better talent.
Just brilliant.
Posted via Mobile Device

I said he wasn't good?

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM

So you think the receivers they brought in after Weis left, Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney, were an upgrade over Branch and Givens?
I didn't realize Weis was the GM. Hmmm.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:22 PM
I said he wasn't good?

Your logic sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Btw, JD, who are all these legions of fans who disliked Weis? I lived in the area that entire time. NEVER on WEEI or any talk show did I hear complaining about Weis, only worry he and Crennel would soon leave.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Your logic sucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

No, it's sound.

Look at the talent they've added and how much the offense has flourished since his departure.

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
No, it's sound.

Look at the talent they've added and how much the offense has flourished since his departure.
I never realized the offensive Coordinator was also a teams General Manager. Amazing! Instead of Pioli the Chiefs should have hired Josh McDaniel to run the organization. The OC is obvipusly in charge of what players are brought in. Thank you for explaining that to us.
Posted via Mobile Device

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:30 PM
No, it's sound.

How did the offense flourish in 2005 and 2006??? It only got better when BELICHICK brought in Moss and Welker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
I never realized the offensive Coordinator was also a teams General Manager. Amazing! Instead of Pioli the Chiefs should have hired Josh McDaniel to run the organization.

Ok, so Pioli made all decisions and signed all the talent then.

How did the offense flourish in 2005 and 2006??? It only got better when BELICHICK brought in Moss and Welker.
Posted via Mobile Device

Wait, is it the Hoody or Pioli Soprano who's GM?...

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 06:40 PM

Well by all means, if the FANS were criticizing him, then he must suck.
Also, i don't think that anyone said he's the missing link and I certainly don't think anyone is saying he's heading to Canton.

As far as him tanking as a college coach, he led them to a top 10 BCS standing in both of his first two years on the job with a 9-2 record in 2005 and 10-2 in 2006. Brady Quinn left and in 2007 the team went 3-9 and they have been a .500 team since. It hasn't been a great college coaching career, but it hasn't been terrible either.

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Ok, so Pioli made all decisions and signed all the talent then.

Wait, is it the Hoody or Pioli Soprano who's GM?...
According to you the offensive coordinator brings in all the talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch
11-23-2009, 06:45 PM
According to you the offensive coordinator brings in all the talent.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stupid idea. I admit.

I doubt the OC has any say in the type of player, talent, or scheme used...

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Stupid idea. I admit.

I doubt the OC has any say in the type of player, talent, or scheme used...
For the last time, dumbass, after Weis left how was the offense upgraded in 2005 and 2006. You don't know, do you? Because you are ignorant on the subject. Weis left. In 2005 Branch and Givens played out the last year of their contract, the Patriots had an up and down 10-6 year. Branch and Givens were the allowed to leave and the Patriots brought in the immortal Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney. After losing to the Colts the Patriots knew they had to upgrade the receivers so in came Moss and Welker. It had nothing to do with Charlie Weis, Josh McDaniel or any OC, ok?
Posted via Mobile Device

DumbHillbillies
11-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I would think with his speculated buyout of 15-20 million that he would move to some exotic island and inhale twinkies until he dies.

JD10367
11-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Btw, JD, who are all these legions of fans who disliked Weis? I lived in the area that entire time. NEVER on WEEI or any talk show did I hear complaining about Weis, only worry he and Crennel would soon leave.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well, I also lived in the area that entire time, and I heard plenty of complaining, on WEEI, on sports boards, and when talking to other fans.

There are three sides to every story: one side, the other side, and the truth. You seem to think he's Jesus reincarnate. I seem to think he's a fat tub of useless goo. Truth is probably in the middle. He's a serviceable OC. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, probably better than no OC at all, but if I were a Chiefs fan I wouldn't get a stiffy over the idea, thinking that Weis would come in and sudddenly they'd be scoring 40 points a game.

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 08:19 PM
He's a serviceable OC. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, probably better than no OC at all, but if I were a Chiefs fan I wouldn't get a stiffy over the idea, thinking that Weis would come in and sudddenly they'd be scoring 40 points a game.

I don't think anybody thinks that.

AndChiefs
11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
He's a serviceable OC. Nothing more, nothing less. Again, probably better than no OC at all, but if I were a Chiefs fan I wouldn't get a stiffy over the idea, thinking that Weis would come in and sudddenly they'd be scoring 40 points a game.

I don't think anybody thinks that.

Yeah anything over 39 is unrealistic. He'll definitely bring us 39 a game though.

KCChiefsFan88
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Weis never had the likes of Randy Moss and Wes Welker to work with.

KCChiefsFan88
11-23-2009, 08:43 PM
I think it is pretty obvious the Chiefs are going to hire a full time offensive coordinator after the season, and they could do worse than hire Weis. I wouldn't be against it.

notorious
11-23-2009, 08:44 PM
I would think with his speculated buyout of 15-20 million that he would move to some exotic island and inhale twinkies until he dies.

ROFL

So how long are you giving him to live, Doc?

3 Months?

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 08:47 PM
weis can't coach himself out of a wet paper bag