PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Anyone think Denver is done for the year?

Pages : [1] 2

Tuckdaddy
11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
I think the Giants, Colts and Iggles will end thier playoff dreams.

Bowser
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
KnowMo's face is spazzing as he types his response.....

shitgoose
11-23-2009, 11:36 AM
I think the Chiefs are going to end their playoff dreams on Jan 3rd.

Douche Baggins
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
http://i49.tinypic.com/aob449.jpg

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 11:38 AM
They're Done

Giants - LOSS
Chiefs - Probable LOSS
COLTS - LOSS
RAIDERS - WIN
Eagles - LOSS
Chiefs - Toss up

7-9 or 8-8. If they go 8-8 McDumbass and everyone that roots for pile high can say he still has never been apart of a losing team.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Kyle Orton and Chris Simms are who we thought they were. :)

Tuckdaddy
11-23-2009, 11:40 AM
I would love for KC to kick them in the balls but despite yesterday it's still not likely.

Slainte
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
9-7/10-6. Possible but unlikely wildcard.

StcChief
11-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Stick a fork in Donxs butt...they all but done, fat lady is warming up.

Deberg_1990
11-23-2009, 11:42 AM
I would love for KC to kick them in the balls but despite yesterday it's still not likely.

I think its likely the Chiefs play them very tough at Arrowhead.

DrRyan
11-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Could they still make the playoffs? Sure. Is it likely? Hell no.

At this point in the season I would say that the Steelers(even after yesterday's loss), Jaguars, Texans, Ravens and even Dolphins are all better teams than the Donkeys.

Frankie
11-23-2009, 11:53 AM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/81452647.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934B869679A269F9CC5365693501756D5B26FD13ED7B73D4BC

"Turn out the liiiiights, the party's ooover....."

COchief
11-23-2009, 11:54 AM
They are finished for the year, at best they sneak in on a wildcard and get an embarrassing beatdown in the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Too early to tell... there are 6 games left and anything can happen. This isn't a team that will go deep in the playoffs, but they can certainly win 3 or 4 of their final 6 games... they could easily lose 4 as well.

The game at Indy is the only one that I have no issues saying is a loss.

Giants, Raiders and Chiefs @ Denver... again, anything can happen and the Giants aren't exactly playing stellar football right now.

The Raiders have defeated Cincy and Philly now, proving again that anything can happen. Hell, KC could win at SD... likely won't happen, but who knows?

The games at Philly and KC will be tough for Denver, especially if they don't start playing better.... they're in a bad funk and they need to find a way to get out.

At this point, the playoffs are still wide open. Indy (at 10-0) is the only team with a death grip on their division lead.

NE, CIN and SD all have 7-3 records... Denver is 3-1 vs those teams as well. PIT / JAX / DEN are all 6-4 with the Texans having a shot to get to 6-4 tonight.

Let's say HOU wins... that still has Denver among the 7 best teams in the AFC. PIT may have serious QB issues that could cost them down the stretch, if Ben is out with a concussion, I haven't read any updates on him that say much just yet.

Playoffs have 4 division winners and 2 wild cards... right now, DEN is still only 1 game out of the AFCW lead. Anything can happen.

Six games is a lot of football at this point and while the 0-4 streak sucks, there's a lot that can change. Denver is 5-3 within the AFC and that would be the leading tiebreaker with teams like HOU, Jax, Miami.

They're not done ... but, they sure as hell need to change things this week with the Giants.

Ari Chi3fs
11-23-2009, 11:58 AM
after starting 6-0 and then to lose 4 in a row... is awesome. Im a big fan of this.

To have them implode and to NOT make the playoffs would be glorious.

What is better than them imploding after coming in here and strutting their tailfeathers and boasting how awesome they are...

looks to me like the Chiefs are on the rise and the Donkos are on the demise.

BEST OFFSEASON EVAR!!!11

SDChief
11-23-2009, 12:02 PM
They are finished for the year, at best they sneak in on a wildcard and get an embarrassing beatdown in the playoffs.

this with no doubt.

Von Dumbass
11-23-2009, 12:03 PM
Denver has won 6 games in a row before. I don't see why they can't do it again or come close to it.

Douche Baggins
11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Denver has won 6 games in a row before. I don't see why they can't do it again or come close to it.

The Chiefs have won 9 games in a row before.

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

shitgoose
11-23-2009, 12:05 PM

Your blind homerism continues to amaze me ROFL

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM

Consistency.

SDChief
11-23-2009, 12:06 PM

maybe....

and then this:

at best they sneak in on a wildcard and get an embarrassing beatdown in the playoffs.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 12:08 PM
maybe....

and then this:

at best they sneak in on a wildcard and get an embarrassing beatdown in the playoffs.

Baby steps... if they can get there, that's fine with me... if they lose, they lose. If they can advance, that shows they're improving... lots of teams advance and lose, only one team wins it all.

Douche Baggins
11-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I think God played a cruel trick on KnowMo.

Huffman83
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
No, they're not done. They're still a potentially dangerous team. Even as much as I think KC has a chance against them I don't think any team wouldn't consider them a threat. It's a team that beat some pretty solid teams. Sure they lost to Washington, but KC barely won against the Skins.

ClevelandBronco
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Denver is as done as disco.

SDChiefs
11-23-2009, 12:12 PM

Because they are not a good team. The first streak was them playing well above their overall talent level. Something we did last game. But that only lasts for so long. Now their true colors are coming out.

CaliforniaChief
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Nah, they're not done yet. I tend to believe they will miss the playoffs, though. They really have to win the next 2 games against the Giants and at Arrowhead, which won't be easy, IMO. Losses to Pittsburgh and Baltimore will hurt them come tiebreaker time.

ClevelandBronco
11-23-2009, 12:13 PM
But don't mind me. I'm not a REAL FANŽ.

Dottefan
11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Too early to tell... there are 6 games left and anything can happen. This isn't a team that will go deep in the playoffs, but they can certainly win 3 or 4 of their final 6 games... they could easily lose 4 as well.

Giants, Raiders and Chiefs @ Denver... again, anything can happen and the Giants aren't exactly playing stellar football right now.

The Raiders have defeated Cincy and Philly now, proving again that anything can happen. Hell, KC could win at SD... likely won't happen, but who knows?

The games at Philly and KC will be tough for Denver, especially if they don't start playing better.... they're in a bad funk and they need to find a way to get out.

At this point, the playoffs are still wide open. Indy (at 10-0) is the only team with a death grip on their division lead.

NE, CIN and SD all have 7-3 records... Denver is 3-1 vs those teams as well. PIT / JAX / DEN are all 6-4 with the Texans having a shot to get to 6-4 tonight.

Let's say HOU wins... that still has Denver among the 7 best teams in the AFC. PIT may have serious QB issues that could cost them down the stretch, if Ben is out with a concussion, I haven't read any updates on him that say much just yet.

Playoffs have 4 division winners and 2 wild cards... right now, DEN is still only 1 game out of the AFCW lead. Anything can happen.

Six games is a lot of football at this point and while the 0-4 streak sucks, there's a lot that can change. Denver is 5-3 within the AFC and that would be the leading tiebreaker with teams like HOU, Jax, Miami.

They're not done ... but, they sure as hell need to change things this week with the Giants.

DIE DIE DIE DIE...............DONKEY FAN. I HATE DENVER, I HATE COLORADO........AND I HATE YOUR FUCKING TEAM.

Rooster
11-23-2009, 01:06 PM
No, I'm fairly certain they will finish out their 16 game schedule. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't think Denver is going to sweep us. I think we win one of those games.

RedThat
11-23-2009, 01:13 PM
I wouldn't count them out just yet. But I will say, they're definately going to have their hands full in the coming weeks.

Mr. Plow
11-23-2009, 01:15 PM
The Chiefs have won 9 games in a row before.

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

ROFL

beach tribe
11-23-2009, 01:26 PM

It was the beginning of the season, and they caught teams off guard. Everyone has a blueprint on how to beat them now. They're finished.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 01:48 PM
No, I'm fairly certain they will finish out their 16 game schedule. :D

ROFL

Molitoth
11-23-2009, 02:16 PM
I said in another thread early on that once Denver loses thier lucky winning streak, they will go on a tremendous losing streak. I still see that happening.

COchief
11-23-2009, 02:35 PM
It was the beginning of the season, and they caught teams off guard. Everyone has a blueprint on how to beat them now. They're finished.

This :)

The element of suprise is over. I have thought all year that the D would collapse, you can't be successful with a 3-4 with 3 no names on the Dline.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 02:55 PM
This :)

The element of suprise is over. I have thought all year that the D would collapse, you can't be successful with a 3-4 with 3 no names on the Dline.

Yesterday was a weird game... Tolbert and Hester broke out a few large runs. The passing game didn't kill Denver's defense, but the ground game did just enough to break them at key moments. They converted enough first downs to maintain a strong TOP edge. It was 13-3 (I believe) when McD called for the onside kick early in the 3rd... that was a dumb call, I couldn't believe it and it was ultimately the back breaker. I think that did more to win the game for SD than the turnovers by Den in the redzone.

Denver had a few chances to get back the momentum, but it went dead after that missed onside kick... so silly.

DumbHillbillies
11-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Let the collapse continue, thought it would been sooner but better late than never.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
I work with 3 Giants' fans... they're very familiar with the whole 0-4 run and getting over it in OT this weekend. Despite what has happened with Denver, they're not that terribly excited about the game in Denver this week.

Frankie
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Even the fork is getting cold.

BCD
11-23-2009, 03:30 PM
I said in another thread early on that once Denver loses thier lucky winning streak, they will go on a tremendous losing streak. I still see that happening.Yep. They could easily lose their next 3.

djrcmay
11-23-2009, 03:56 PM
Iggles, how witty!

KCChiefsMan
11-23-2009, 04:00 PM
yes, the donkey's are done. It's clear that the chargers will win the west. I actually love how the donkey's start 6-0 and all of their fans are full of hope and happiness and now they are sulking and crying. I love it!

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 04:11 PM
yes, the donkey's are done. It's clear that the chargers will win the west. I actually love how the donkey's start 6-0 and all of their fans are full of hope and happiness and now they are sulking and crying. I love it!

ROFL Sulking and crying? Crazy...

BCD
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Is the Mange down?

Hog Farmer
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
I just hope the last game of the season is for a playoff spot and we ruin it for them.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
I just hope the last game of the season is for a playoff spot and we ruin it for them.

As long as we're talking going from a 5th to the last seed... I can deal with that request.

JD10367
11-23-2009, 04:56 PM
Denver is 6-4. If the Patriots played better, they'd be 5-5. If God didn't give the Broncos a miraculous gift in Week One, they'd be 4-6... one game better than the Chiefs, who definitely could've won another game or two this year if they'd played only a little better, putting them not at 3-7 but at, say, 5-5.

There's a fine line in the NFL between winning and losing. After blazing starts, the Broncos and Jets are finding that out now.

BCD
11-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Denver is 6-4. If the Patriots played better, they'd be 5-5. If God didn't give the Broncos a miraculous gift in Week One, they'd be 4-6... one game better than the Chiefs, who definitely could've won another game or two this year if they'd played only a little better, putting them not at 3-7 but at, say, 5-5.

There's a fine line in the NFL between winning and losing. After blazing starts, the Broncos and Jets are finding that out now.Romo playing like complete ass helped them too.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM

There's a fine line in the NFL between winning and losing. After blazing starts, the Broncos and Jets are finding that out now.

If, If if... you guys are funny sometimes.

If the Patriots played better, Denver would have lost... that's beautiful, so Denver did nothing to win that game... and then I see that someone else made a comment about the Cowboys.

Geez, they played well and won 6 games... they've played poorly and lost 4. You guys want to play the "if" game and find a scenario that has KC being better than Denver... that's fine, crazy... but fine. Teams win and lose and I'm not shocked with the inconsistency that Denver has shown, but to suggest they were just lucky to have 6 wins in the first place is a bit weird.

If Ben doesn't get crushed in the head, he keeps playing and they likely score the winning FG. If Oakland had started a different QB, they likely beat KC. It's a crazy li'l game some of you play that makes no sense.

Hog Farmer
11-23-2009, 05:13 PM
It makes perfect sense to us cause it's all we have.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 05:15 PM
It makes perfect sense to us cause it's all we have.

:) I hear ya...

JD10367
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
If, If if... you guys are funny sometimes.

If the Patriots played better, Denver would have lost... that's beautiful, so Denver did nothing to win that game... and then I see that someone else made a comment about the Cowboys.

Geez, they played well and won 6 games... they've played poorly and lost 4. You guys want to play the "if" game and find a scenario that has KC being better than Denver... that's fine, crazy... but fine. Teams win and lose and I'm not shocked with the inconsistency that Denver has shown, but to suggest they were just lucky to have 6 wins in the first place is a bit weird.

If Ben doesn't get crushed in the head, he keeps playing and they likely score the winning FG. If Oakland had started a different QB, they likely beat KC. It's a crazy li'l game some of you play that makes no sense.

My point, echoed by the "NFL Live" crew on ESPN this afternoon, is that some lucky bounces early on masked some decifiencies on Denver's team. And now that the bloom is off the rose, and teams have slowed down the Denver offense, it's not a question of the Broncos falling back on solid fundamentals, saying, "Okay, if we just get back to doing this and this better, we'll get back to winning." It was a bit of smoke-and-mirrors. And now the Broncos have fallen back to earth, and are almost .500, which is just about where people pegged them. Whereas the Chargers, a team everyone said had some solid talent, were able to rise past some early losses.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
My point, echoed by the "NFL Live" crew on ESPN this afternoon, is that some lucky bounces early on masked some decifiencies on Denver's team. And now that the bloom is off the rose, and teams have slowed down the Denver offense, it's not a question of the Broncos falling back on solid fundamentals, saying, "Okay, if we just get back to doing this and this better, we'll get back to winning." It was a bit of smoke-and-mirrors. And now the Broncos have fallen back to earth, and are almost .500, which is just about where people pegged them. Whereas the Chargers, a team everyone said had some solid talent, were able to rise past some early losses.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but scheduling is also key here if you are going to compare the Denver and SD. They have both lost to the Ravens, Steelers and each other. Denver has the additional loss to the Skins wrapped into the mix. They're still within reach of the division title and a playoff spot. It took SD 11 weeks to grab first place, much longer than everyone expected.

I never thought they were as great as everyone was saying at 6-0 and I fully expected losses, granted I didn't expect the WAS loss... and I always say that the AFCW teams are typically going to split.

I don't think this 0-4 stretch is an end of the world deal either. This isn't a team that is ready for playoff primetime, but they're still at the door and in line to get in if they can circle the wagons in a few key games - starting this week with the Giants.

The Giants aren't a top 10 team right now... they're not that much different from Denver and it took OT to overcome their own 4 game losing skid.

Defensively, there are some things they can start doing better - mainly stopping the run and getting pressure on QBs. They had a lot of great success against some really good teams during the first 6-8 weeks... they've been declining a bit, but defensively is where it all was at early on and that is the engine they need to crank back up right now.

C-Mac
11-23-2009, 05:28 PM
Too early to tell... there are 6 games left and anything can happen. This isn't a team that will go deep in the playoffs, but they can certainly win 3 or 4 of their final 6 games

Why do you keep giving us all this bulletin board material? :D

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Why do you keep giving us all this bulletin board material? :D

I guess with NYG, OAK and KC at home and at KC ... I have a pretty firm belief that they're not completely beneath the level of any of those teams, especially the three games in Denver. And, as far as bulletin board material... enh, you're a Chiefs' fan... c'mon. :)

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 06:35 PM
I would be surprised if anyone DIDN'T think the Broncos were done for the year.

Bane
11-23-2009, 06:38 PM
I would be surprised if anyone DIDN'T think the Broncos were done for the year.

I don't think they are done for the year........They still have 6 games to CHOKE like the Buffalo Bills!!!!BWAAAAA HAAA HAA!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Saul Good
11-23-2009, 06:39 PM

It's called regression to the mean, and it's exactly what everybody was calling for after the Broncos lucked out to a 6-0 start. Even if they finish 9-7, that means that they went 3-7 down the stretch. If they want to make the playoffs, they'd better sweep the Chiefs.

Quiet Storm
11-24-2009, 10:07 AM
It took SD 11 weeks to grab first place, much longer than everyone expected.

Suffering 4 straight defeats, first of which coming out of your bye, by double digits doesn't say "playoff team"

HemiEd
11-24-2009, 10:14 AM

ROFL Are you serious? Denver has already exceeded expectations by two games.
Stick a fork in them.

CoMoChief
11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
I thought they were gonna be shit from the very beginning. They won a fluke game with the tipped pass against Cincy.

Poor ST's coverage prevented the Chargers from winning that first game. But that's part of the game I understand.

My point is that DEN has greatly overachieved and gotten lucky at times this season and it's only a matter of time before they come back down to earth. They're going through a gauntlet of teams in their schedule right now, may lose the next 3 games as well.

So really if you took the Cincy game as a loss, the first SD game as a loss, they'd be 4-6 right now, just a game ahead of us, and we all know how DEN craps the bed in Arrowhead. Then theyre gonna play the Giants and Colts. I bet they finish with a losing record. Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton sucks.

Frankie
11-24-2009, 11:46 AM
I thought they were gonna be shit from the very beginning. They won a fluke game with the tipped pass against Cincy.

YEAH. And even Chokeland defeated Cincy.

;)

kstater
11-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Anyone think Denver is done for the year?
No I'm pretty sure they still have to play 6 more games.

Buck
11-24-2009, 11:49 AM

Poor ST's coverage prevented the Chargers from winning that first game. But that's part of the game I understand.

My point is that DEN has greatly overachieved and gotten lucky at times this season and it's only a matter of time before they come back down to earth. They're going through a gauntlet of teams in their schedule right now, may lose the next 3 games as well.

So really if you took the Cincy game as a loss, the first SD game as a loss, they'd be 4-6 right now, just a game ahead of us, and we all know how DEN craps the bed in Arrowhead. Then theyre gonna play the Giants and Colts. I bet they finish with a losing record. Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton sucks.

If you want to take away Denver's 2 Special Teams TDs then you have to take away Sproles Special Teams TD too and Denver still wins that game.

CoMoChief
11-24-2009, 11:51 AM
If you want to take away Denver's 2 Special Teams TDs then you have to take away Sproles Special Teams TD too and Denver still wins that game.

Yeah but Denver sucks, they would have turned the ball over had they been on offense instead of taking one to the house.

Dylan
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM

I got a headache...

Mile High Mania
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
I got a headache...

Sorry - it seems like typing "it's still far from over" wasn't getting the point across.

Exactly, I typed that a week ago during another one of the "if this or if that" hadn't happened threads about Denver and wins.

Suffering 4 straight defeats, first of which coming out of your bye, by double digits doesn't say "playoff team"

Are the Giants a playoff team? They had 4 straight losses, rebounded last week in OT to end their 4 game stretch and move up to 6-4 overall - tied with Denver. Let me guess... you're going to use "the last few years" defense. Ok, ok... I can use that as well with Denver, this isn't the same team from 2008 and prior. Yes, the losing streak sucks, but Denver has a great shot at beating the Giants.

Mile High Mania
11-24-2009, 12:50 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to be offline for the rest of the week... traveling up to Nebraska for Thanksgiving with my sister's family. I won't have much "net" time, so we'll holler back on Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - be safe and enjoy the time with family and friends.

Buck
11-24-2009, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to be offline for the rest of the week... traveling up to Nebraska for Thanksgiving with my sister's family. I won't have much "net" time, so we'll holler back on Sunday.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - be safe and enjoy the time with family and friends.

You too man. Enjoy it dude.

Frankie
11-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Frankly I'm still scratching my head as to why this topic is of any value to us Chiefs fans. As a Chiefs fan I would love to see Denver an elite team as long as we get to a point when we beat their tutus off every time we play them. We are down right now, but how Denver does (as long as they never go to the big dance) is not of much value to me. In fact as long as both teams are rebuilding I want them to do well enough that we pick ahead of them in the draft.

Cjanz
11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
I never bought into the Denver hype, their schedule at the start was ridiculously easy. When the time came for them to step it up against talented teams, they faultered. I think this is definitely indicative of what was supposed to be a great season turned lackluster.

Fritz88
11-24-2009, 03:07 PM
KnowMo's face is spazzing as he types his response.....

ROFLROFL

Mile High Mania
11-24-2009, 03:21 PM
I never bought into the Denver hype, their schedule at the start was ridiculously easy. When the time came for them to step it up against talented teams, they faultered. I think this is definitely indicative of what was supposed to be a great season turned lackluster.

They beat the Chargers in SD... they beat the Cowboys... they beat the Patriots... say what you like, but they beat the Bengals. The Browns and Raiders were in the mix too.

Things have evened out a bit, but the Broncos and Chargers have played nearly the same schedule... the Chargers have played KC once (DEN hasn't yet) and the Raiders twice (only once for Denver). Denver played the Browns and Redskins... both teams lost to Baltimore, PIT and they split their 2 games.

Where was the ridiculously easy part for Denver early on?

And, your last comment... supposed to be a great season? Are you talking about prior to week 1 or after week 6?

Dottefan
11-24-2009, 03:25 PM
I HATE DENVER

Dylan
11-24-2009, 06:14 PM

Big Boy, I could care less what you think -- You're not playing the game --

Shut down the running game, and let's see what the Broncos QB can do == sorry, I forgot his name........

Drive Safe!

keg in kc
11-24-2009, 06:16 PM
I thought Denver was done before the year even started. They won more games to start the season than I thought they'd win in total. I don't think they'll finish better than 9-7, which won't win the division or net them a wildcard, but I've been wrong before.

Dylan
11-24-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought Denver was done before the year even started. They won more games to start the season than I thought they'd win in total. I don't think they'll finish better than 9-7, which won't win the division or net them a wildcard, but I've been wrong before.

:thumb: I remembering you saying that...

However, the drama off & on the sidelines is quite entertaining

BCD
11-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Frankly I'm still scratching my head as to why this topic is of any value to us Chiefs fans. As a Chiefs fan I would love to see Denver an elite team as long as we get to a point when we beat their tutus off every time we play them. We are down right now, but how Denver does (as long as they never go to the big dance) is not of much value to me. In fact as long as both teams are rebuilding I want them to do well enough that we pick ahead of them in the draft.They are a division rival. We suck so naturally I want them to suck. Misery loves company...

BCD
11-24-2009, 06:55 PM
I thought Denver was done before the year even started. They won more games to start the season than I thought they'd win in total. I don't think they'll finish better than 9-7, which won't win the division or net them a wildcard, but I've been wrong before.Me too. However, once they won 6 games I bought into them actually being good.

keg in kc
11-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Me too. However, once they won 6 games I bought into them actually being good.I never did. I expected the slide to happen a couple weeks before it did, though.

I just realized something today that shocked me: they've only scored a single point more than the Chiefs.

That's right, with as awful as we've been, with as much as we've struggled, Kyle Orton and all those studs they have on offense have only scored 170 points to our 169.

thurman merman
11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
denver sucks.

Frankie
11-25-2009, 10:32 PM
I never did. I expected the slide to happen a couple weeks before it did, though.

I just realized something today that shocked me: they've only scored a single point more than the Chiefs.

That's right, with as awful as we've been, with as much as we've struggled, Kyle "Pro Bowl" Orton and all those studs they have on offense have only scored 170 points to our 169.

Wow!

Bane
11-26-2009, 01:45 PM
FUGGN DONE SON!!!!!

RNR
11-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Yes~

TheGuardian
11-26-2009, 01:48 PM
To the ship

Print em

all that jazz

bevischief
11-26-2009, 05:24 PM
Yes they are toast

Bwana
11-26-2009, 05:50 PM
GO GIANTS!

Param
11-26-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, they still have a chance. If they can win tonight they will be 7-4 and have 2 versus the Chiefs, 1 versus the Raiders.

Aries Walker
11-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Flagging team + tough schedule + other tough AFC teams + general Denver chokeitude = yeah, they're finished. They'll lose at least three of those remaining games.

WilliamTheIrish
11-26-2009, 08:06 PM
They seem to be holding up well so far. (even though Kyle INTon just tossed a pick)

runnercyclist
11-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Unfortunately not

runnercyclist
11-26-2009, 08:46 PM
The Giants stink

runnercyclist
11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
But I do LOVE seeing Tom Chokelin lose

runnercyclist
11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
...just not to the Donkeys

HemiEd
11-27-2009, 07:24 AM
That was pure domination and humiliation.

RedThat
11-27-2009, 07:31 AM
The Giants stink

They're in a big drought right now.

Von Dumbass
11-27-2009, 07:36 AM
That is close to Denver's A game. We can do better in the redzone.

TheGuardian
11-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Dunger won a game, at home, that they had to win or their season was essentially over. Big deal. Even if they do make the playoffs, they are just going to be someones bye week/doormat.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2009, 08:36 AM
Dunger won a game, at home, that they had to win or their season was essentially over. Big deal. Even if they do make the playoffs, they are just going to be someones bye week/doormat.
ROFL

It was a good game, I knew they had it in them... was just hoping they'd actually perform. But, Denver fans shouldn't get too crazy... the Giants have lost 5 of their last 6. So, in my estimation... DEN should have won that game at home.

Great balance though, now it's time to show improvement and continue this next week.

Mile High Mania
11-27-2009, 08:40 AM

Shut down the running game, and let's see what the Broncos QB can do == sorry, I forgot his name........

Drive Safe!

Howdy! :)

Pink Paradise 2010
11-27-2009, 08:50 AM
sure hope so, god i hate the donks!!!!!

scorpio
11-27-2009, 09:00 AM
http://img.moronail.net/img/5/7/1257.jpg

vailpass
11-27-2009, 09:02 AM

Drive Safe!

:D

Frankie
11-28-2009, 09:12 AM
http://img.moronail.net/img/5/7/1257.jpg

?

KC Jones
11-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Total Domination at the LOS by the donks. I suspect we are going to get crushed by them this year. twice....:sulk:

Bane
12-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Bump.suck it Donkholes!ROFL
Get smashed by Philly next week,then we send you home so you can tivo the playoffs.Suck it fuktards.ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

BCD
12-20-2009, 06:35 PM
They play Philly next week, right? It would be nice if we could knock them outta the play-offs on the final game of the season. I'm not counting on it tho. I think we'll get clocked...

Bane
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
They play Philly next week, right? It would be nice if we could knock them outta the play-offs on the final game of the season. I'm not counting on it tho. I think we'll get clocked...

Yeah a few weeks ago I said I hope us beating them is the loss that sends them home.WooWoo

Brock
12-20-2009, 06:39 PM
With the exception of steamrolling KC, pretty much.

SNR
12-20-2009, 06:40 PM
I think they own pretty much every tiebreaker over most teams.

We need the Ravens to win out, Denver needs to lose to Philly and.... what else? Can anything be done where they get knocked out even if we don't beat them? It doesn't look likely for us.

Bane
12-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Bad thing is they're probably gonna choke (like a crack whore going down behind a dumpster) into a playoff spot and we'll hear about how super duper the dickholes are forever from Knowshit.

Dottefan
12-20-2009, 07:08 PM
I HATE DENVER..

I think their done....and it makes me giddy

Bane
12-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I HATE DENVER..

I think their done....and it makes me giddy

I hope so.It would serve them right for all the McDickhole cock gobbling they've done all year.

Bane
12-21-2009, 08:24 AM
Rebump!

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 08:57 AM
I think they own pretty much every tiebreaker over most teams.

We need the Ravens to win out, Denver needs to lose to Philly and.... what else? Can anything be done where they get knocked out even if we don't beat them? It doesn't look likely for us.

Right now, Denver is the #6 seed with 8 wins and two remaining... there are a lot of teams at 7-7 and I don't know how the tiebreakers fall and with so many teams still alive, I'm not going to fight through them.

TEX
12-21-2009, 09:28 AM
They lose in Philly cause they need it too, and beat KC. D-O-N-E.

Buck
12-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Damn, I just realized a hell of a stat.

In 9 weeks, the Chargers have made up 6.5 games on the Broncos.

After Week 6 -
Broncos 6-0 (3.5 Games Up)
Chargers 2-3

After Week 15
Chargers 11-3 (3 Games Up)
Broncos 8-6

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 09:37 AM
They're on their way to 8-8. They lose in Philly cause they need it too, and beat KC. D-O-N-E.

So, if they lose to Philly and beat KC... they're 9-7, no? Denver already has 8 wins.

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Damn, I just realized a hell of a stat.

In 9 weeks, the Chargers have made up 6.5 games on the Broncos.

After Week 6 -
Broncos 6-0 (3.5 Games Up)
Chargers 2-3

After Week 15
Chargers 11-3 (3 Games Up)
Broncos 8-6

Denver screwed around with their losses to OAK and WAS... but, overall SD and DEN share 3 similar losses - PIT / BAL / DEN-SD split.

Denver has unfortunately played during the last 8 weeks like a team that went through a total roster and philosophy overhaul. They captured lightning in a bottle earlier, but have been very sporadic since then.

Two weeks left for them to make their statement about what kind of a team they really are... I think they'll likely finish 9-7 and if they do, they should be able to advance.

DaKCMan AP
12-21-2009, 09:48 AM
Denver has unfortunately played during the last 8 weeks like a team that went through a total roster and philosophy overhaul. They captured lightning in a bottle earlier, but have been very sporadic since then.

That's very generous. They were very lucky in the early part of the season and sporadic throughout. The games against Cinci and NE should have been losses, but better lucky than good.

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM
That's very generous. They were very lucky in the early part of the season and sporadic throughout. The games against Cinci and NE should have been losses, but better lucky than good.

Every team has a game or two in a season that they win when others think they should have lost. They dominated Cincy for 59 minutes... they finally score, then Denver gets a crazy tip for a score. NE... Denver won the game. Simple.

Brock
12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Every team has a game or two in a season that they win when others think they should have lost.

And you guys got all of yours right at the beginning. Now they're playing like the team that they actually are.

Bane
12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
LMAO
You are who we thought you were.

DaKCMan AP
12-21-2009, 09:56 AM
Every team has a game or two in a season that they win when others think they should have lost. They dominated Cincy for 59 minutes... they finally score, then Denver gets a crazy tip for a score. NE... Denver won the game. Simple.

They were very lucky wins. Just like Minnesota's win over San Fran was lucky. They still count but it doesn't mean they weren't extremely fortunate.

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 09:59 AM
They were very lucky wins. Just like Minnesota's win over San Fran was lucky. They still count but it doesn't mean they weren't extremely fortunate.

Either way... it proves that it happens to every team, every season. Some of you want to find a way that proves Denver is no better than a 4 win team.

Oh and as a Gator fan - you know all about lucky wins, you guys never should have beat the Hogs.

DaKCMan AP
12-21-2009, 10:01 AM
Either way... it proves that it happens to every team, every season. Some of you want to find a way that proves Denver is no better than a 4 win team.

Oh and as a Gator fan - you know all about lucky wins, you guys never should have beat the Hogs.

I agree the Gators were lucky that the Arkansas FG kicker is garbage and missed 2 kicks. Other than that, Florida won and was and is the better team.

TEX
12-21-2009, 10:04 AM
So, if they lose to Philly and beat KC... they're 9-7, no? Denver already has 8 wins.

That's what I meant. I'm retarded. You know that. So please, quit picking on me!

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 10:11 AM
I agree the Gators were lucky that the Arkansas FG kicker is garbage and missed 2 kicks. Other than that, Florida won and was and is the better team.

Uh huh... those phanton PI calls and the fact that the officiating crew was suspended after that came had nothing to do with FL winning.

DaKCMan AP
12-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Uh huh... those phanton PI calls and the fact that the officiating crew was suspended after that came had nothing to do with FL winning.

There were bad calls made against both teams and the officiating crew screwed up the prior week as well. The only indisputable FACT is that the Arkansas kicker missed 2 FGs that would have won the game. Other arguments are nothing more than :deevee:.

Bane
12-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Donkholes division title ramblings and Sb run =

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Well, nobody in their right mind should have had visions of a SB run even at 6-0...

I don't get McDaniels though, they struggle in the short game and I can't understand what it is that he dislikes about Peyton Hillis. You would think that a player as versatile as what he appears to be would have a nice role in this offense, esp with Moreno being the only legit RB at this point. Hillis can run, catch, block... I just don't get it.

Bane
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Fukkn done son!!!! Stick a spork in them cause they don't deserve a real fork.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Garcia Bronco
12-21-2009, 12:18 PM

Neither one "should" have been losses.

Bane
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
McDickhole to Cassel.

Mile High Mania
12-21-2009, 12:50 PM
McDickhole to Cassel.

Enh, I doubt it...

I think Brady is missing McD and guys like Gaffney.

Bane
12-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Done son!!!!!!!

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:02 PM
Bump!

orange
12-27-2009, 06:23 PM
Bump!

They're still in when they win.

It's all up to the Cassel/Pioli/Chiefs.

Everyone had to know all year that it would come down to this.

That's how soap operas work.

Bowser
12-27-2009, 06:26 PM

That's how soap operas work.You sure? Denver owns tiebreakers over all the other 8-7 teams? (not being a smartass, I really don't know)

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Wrong!

orange
12-27-2009, 06:29 PM
You sure? Denver owns tiebreakers over all the other 8-7 teams? (not being a smartass, I really don't know)

According to NFL.COM which I looked at moments before posting, the Broncos are still the top AFC wildcard candidate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Crush
12-27-2009, 06:31 PM
You sure? Denver owns tiebreakers over all the other 8-7 teams? (not being a smartass, I really don't know)

I thought it was the Jets and the Ravens that controlled their own destiny.

orange
12-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Wrong!

You need to call the NFL and tell them they're wrong.

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:34 PM
You need to call the NFL and tell them they're wrong.

The Donks need help even if they win.Other teams must lose to get them in.So they're not in a win and you're in situation.Thats the way I'm seeing it.Confirm or deny anyone?

Bowser
12-27-2009, 06:35 PM
According to NFL.COM which I looked at moments before posting, the Broncos are still the top AFC wildcard candidate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8147d1c0&template=no-right-rail-with-comments&confirm=true

Well, if I'm reading that right, you guys would end up with the better conference record, nabbing you a WC spot and the misfortune of playing the Pats in Foxboro in January.

orange
The Donks need help even if they win.Other teams must lose to get them in.So they're not in a win and you're in situation.Thats the way I'm seeing it.Confirm or deny anyone?

The way YOU see it doesn't really matter.

Click my link above and see how the NFL sees it.

notorious
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An_GsNIAzUekxl6AsCP8vvdDubYF?slug=ys-09playoffpicture&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bwhahahahahhahahaha!

orange
12-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Well, if I'm reading that right, you guys would end up with the better conference record, nabbing you a WC spot and the misfortune of playing the Pats in Foxboro in January.

According to the graphic, they would play in Cincinatti now.

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:37 PM
The way YOU see it doesn't really matter.

Click my link above and see how the NFL sees it.

Well I'll be damned.....:cuss:
Sounds like we just need to beat you next week,and then theres no backing into a playoff ass whooping for the donks.

notorious
12-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Yahoo explains who, what, when, where, why.

The NFL hasn't updated it yet.

They have been incorrect on their site more then a few times.

I would trust Yahoo, but who knows for sure.

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 06:40 PM
According to NFL tie-breaking rules

Ravens beat the Donkeys already so I don't get why they aren't ahead of them

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.

Pioli Zombie
12-27-2009, 06:42 PM
What if you have a 4 way tie?
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Yahoo explains who, what, when, where, why.

The NFL hasn't updated it yet.

They have been incorrect on their site more then a few times.

I would trust Yahoo, but who knows for sure.

I thought the NFL hadn't updated their playoff scenario bracket yet.Guess I looked at it wrong.I was thinking with that loss the Donks needed Pitt,or the Jets to lose and they had to win.Fukkn figures.:cuss:
Well maybe we'll beat them and all this miracle bullshit will come to an end.

notorious
12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
According to NFL tie-breaking rules

Ravens beat the Donkeys already so I don't get why they aren't ahead of them

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tie breaker.
If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable.

NFL's site is incorrect a lot. Just like their on-field reviews.

By the rules on their very own site, Denver would be 7, NY 5, Balt 6.

Check the Yahoo site. They have it correct.

orange
12-27-2009, 06:43 PM
This came up for the Chiefs a couple years ago.

First, all the 8-7 teams are compared. Houston and Pittsburgh are tossed out because of their inferior Conference record. They don't matter anymore.

Then, the remaining three 8-7 teams are compared. Baltimore gets tossed because of their 0-4 versus common opponents.

After Baltimore is tossed, Denver and the Jets are compared and Denver wins on a tiebreaker that Yahoo doesn't show there.

I think.

notorious
12-27-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought the NFL hadn't updated their playoff scenario bracket yet.Guess I looked at it wrong.I was thinking with that loss the Donks needed Pitt,or the Jets to lose and they had to win.Fukkn figures.:cuss:
Well maybe we'll beat them and all this miracle bullshit will come to an end.

No, Denver has to have the Jets or Baltimore lose and beat the Chiefs to get in.

It's actually good.

I would rather they were in with a win and we knock them off, but there is honestly a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
This came up for the Chiefs a couple years ago.

First, all the 8-7 teams are compared. Houston and Pittsburgh are tossed out because of their inferior Conference record. They don't matter anymore.

Then, the remaining three 8-7 teams are compared. Baltimore gets tossed because of their 0-4 versus common opponents.

I think.

Here it is

AFC Playoff tiebreakers

New England earns the No. 3 seed over Cincinnati based on strength of victory (.433 to Bengals' .403).
Denver earns the No. 5 seed over N.Y. Jets and Baltimore based on strength of victory (.513 to Jets' .492 and Ravens' .387) and conference record over Houston (6-5 to Texans 5-6).
N.Y. Jets earn the No. 6 seed over Baltimore and Houston based on strength of victory (.492 to Ravens' .387 and Texans' .392).
Baltimore finishes ahead of Houston based on conference record (6-5 over Texans' 5-6).
Houston finishes ahead of Pittsburgh based on common games (3-1 over Steelers' 1-3).

notorious
Here it is AGAIN:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=An_GsNIAzUekxl6AsCP8vvdDubYF?slug=ys-09playoffpicture&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Bane
No, Denver has to have the Jets or Baltimore lose and beat the Chiefs to get in.

It's actually good.

I would rather they were in with a win and we knock them off, but there is honestly a snowballs chance in hell of that happening.

So their dream of winning and in is BULLSHIT like I said.....Thank you sir.They need help even if they beat us.Good deal.:clap:

orange
12-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Here it is AGAIN:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

And it's just as WRONG the second time - except your link is broken so it's even MORE wrong.

notorious
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
And it's just as WRONG the second time - except your link is broken so it's even MORE wrong.

Fixed

Mr. Arrowhead
12-27-2009, 06:49 PM
thanks, my head hurts now

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Fixed

So looking at that they need a win and help right? Maybe Im looking at it wrong cause thats what I said at first,but that has to be wrong since I'm not a donk fan.ROFL

orange
12-27-2009, 06:54 PM
So looking at that they need a win and help right? Maybe Im looking at it wrong cause thats what I said at first,but that has to be wrong since I'm not a donk fan.ROFL

I'll worry when YAHOO SPORTS starts awarding playoff spots instead of the NFL.

For now, I'm going to go with WIN AND IN.

Here's CBSSPORTS version. They're only going to broadcast the games - why should they know anything?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/seeds

notorious
12-27-2009, 06:55 PM

Fuck I don't even know any more.

I know that Baltimore beat Denver, has the same conference record as Denver. The only thing left to debate is the Jets and Denver's common opponents.

What gives?

Bane
12-27-2009, 06:56 PM
I'll worry when YAHOO SPORTS starts awarding playoff spots instead of the NFL.

For now, I'm going to go with WIN AND IN.

Normally I'd agree but the last bracket I saw after the Donk/Philly game showed your team at #7 just like that bracket shows.So thats why I went with you guys needing a win and help.Guess we'll see when the NFL updates theirs.

orange
12-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Normally I'd agree but the last bracket I saw after the Donk/Philly game showed your team at #7 just like that bracket shows.So thats why I went with you guys needing a win and help.Guess we'll see when the NFL updates theirs.

NFL.COM is fully updated.

They would have to CORRECT it, which is a whole different animal.

notorious
12-27-2009, 06:59 PM
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291227021

From the article:

The Broncos (8-7) are trying to avoid a major collapse after starting 6-0. They no longer control their playoff destiny and are tied with four other teams for the final two wild-card spots in the AFC.

We shall see, but that makes two sources just as reliable as the unreliable NFL.

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
The Donks should fire their coach and trade Orton and Chicago's 1st round pick to Cleveland for QB Anderson.

DenverDanChiefsFan
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
The Donks need help even if they win.Other teams must lose to get them in.So they're not in a win and you're in situation.Thats the way I'm seeing it.Confirm or deny anyone?That's what the local news reported after the game here in donktown.

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:08 PM
That's what the local news reported after the game here in donktown.

I don't know,the one that is up on NFL.com shows them ahead of Baltimore so I guess with a win they are in.:shake:

Fukkn pitiful.:banghead:

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Here is Adam Schefter's latest twitter post:

AFC picture coming into focus: If Jets beat Bengals, they're in. If Ravens beat Raiders, they're in. Broncos, Texans, Steelers need help.

orange
12-27-2009, 07:13 PM
Here's the actual rule:

Three or More Clubs
(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the three Wild-Card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss.

When the first Wild-Card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second Wild-Card, i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2, and repeated a third time, if necessary, to identify the third Wild Card. In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tie breaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a Wild-Card berth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?page=tiebreakers

Step 1 drops Pittsburgh.
Step 3 drops Houston.
Down to Step 5. This identifies Denver as the top wildcard seed. They are pulled out and put on the board, then the remaining four teams go back to Step 1.

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:14 PM

AFC picture coming into focus: If Jets beat Bengals, they're in. If Ravens beat Raiders, they're in. Broncos, Texans, Steelers need help.

:clap:

notorious
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM

You put the NFL's own rules onto paper, and it works out just like Yahoo.com predicts.

With that said, the Jets and Ravens better win, because our chances against Denver are pretty bad.

orange
12-27-2009, 07:15 PM
:clap:

Adam Schefter is wrong. :doh!:

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 07:17 PM

Adam Schefter is never wrong. He's a machine.

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:18 PM

How dare you!!!ROFL

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:19 PM
You put the NFL's own rules onto paper, and it works out just like Yahoo.com predicts.

With that said, the Jets and Ravens better win, because our chances against Denver are pretty bad.

Hell the Raiders beat them.:D

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 07:20 PM

I am thinking so as well. This is all so confusing.

notorious
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Hell the Raiders beat them.:D

Ya, I still have a little hope, but reality will always show up to kick me in the balls.

orange
12-27-2009, 07:22 PM
Adam Schefter is never wrong. He's a machine.

I suppose next week's games might give everyone enough common games to move the tiebreaker up to Step 4 ? :spock:

Bowser
12-27-2009, 07:23 PM
MY FUCKING BRAIN HURTS NOW

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:23 PM
Ya, I still have a little hope, but reality will always show up to kick me in the balls.

Well hopefully we will beat them and all the quantum physics wont come into play.What I wanna know is,where the fukk is Knowshit?

notorious
12-27-2009, 07:25 PM
MY ****ING BRAIN HURTS NOW

If you are like me, the pain is hardly noticable due it's size.

notorious
12-27-2009, 07:26 PM
Well hopefully we will beat them and all the quantum physics wont come into play.What I wanna know is,where the fukk is Knowshit?

He has been entertaining from time to time.

Would you return to a board when your team is in epic implosion mode?

Us-no

Knowmo-Probably

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, It must suck being a Donkey fan these last couple of years.
Snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory.
How cruel...

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM

I'd consider it.

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
He has been entertaining from time to time.

Us-no

Knowmo-Probably

I thought some of his comics were ok.......Well not really.:D

Marcellus
12-27-2009, 07:29 PM
I'd consider it.

Misery likes company.:)

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:31 PM
How cruel...

ROFL

notorious
12-27-2009, 07:32 PM
I'd consider it.

You are in my OK book, though.

Knowmo is full Homer on a rival's board. That takes balls, lack of brain matter, or both.

He never makes personal insults or takes things personally. He almost always has a positive attitude. Just by having these attributes make him better then 25% of the board right off the bat.

Mile High Mania
12-27-2009, 07:51 PM
How cruel...

Enh, it could be worse...

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 07:52 PM

MHM you are smart have you figured out the playoff scenarios yet?

jettio
12-27-2009, 07:53 PM
I think Denver needs some help in the sense that they need for there to be a 3-way tie at 9-7 that includes the Jets.

I think Denver needs help in the sense that they will need the Jets to beat Cincinnati so that the Jets are in the tiebreaker because Denver wins a three way tiebreaker against the Ravens and/or Steelers, but they lost head to head to both and would lose 2-team tiebreakers to either of them.

If the Jets lost, Denver might need Texans to win because they might still win a three way tiebreaker if the Texans are part of it.

I think the Sportsline and Yahoo standings are correct for now, but the Broncos could still win next week and not be in, depending on how many 9-7 teams there are and who they are.

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 07:54 PM

Tell me aboot it... I've been a cHarger fan for many, many, years...:eek:

Bane
12-27-2009, 07:54 PM
They need help alright cause the Chiefs are gonna smash them in Incestco @ Pile high.ROFL

Yeah I know,but its all I got left for this season.:cuss:

orange
12-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Here's FoxSports.

They echo NFL.com and CBS.

The difference from Yahoo is they don't apply the "common games" step. I wonder if Yahoo has a clear idea what qualifies as "common games."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-playoff-picture?GT1=39002

chefsos
12-27-2009, 07:56 PM
If you guys summon cdcox, all will become clear.

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2009, 07:57 PM

What do we have to do? Say his name three times?

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 07:58 PM
They are going to clarify it on the NBC halftime show coming up

orange

Isn't your avatar enacting the ritual for that even as we speak?

Bane
Here's FoxSports.

They echo NFL.com and CBS.

The difference from Yahoo is they don't apply the "common games" step. I wonder if Yahoo has a clear idea what qualifies as "common games."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-playoff-picture?GT1=39002

I guess that makes more sense,giving that the Donks have a better division record.:cuss: oh well.....:banghead:

The one they just showed at halftime shows different.Makes you wonder who the hell knows whats going on.

chefsos
12-27-2009, 07:59 PM
What do we have to do? Say his name three times?

Dunno, maybe fire up the coxlight or something...

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Just heard it on NBC half-time show:

Denver IS 7th and NEEDS HELP TO GET IN THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS.

Is that enough?

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 08:00 PM
AFC Playoff Scenarios from NBC

Ravens win they are in
Broncos are listed in the #7 seed

They also moved the Bengals/Jets game to Sunday Night

orange
12-27-2009, 08:01 PM
Just heard it on NBC half-time show:

Denver IS 7th and NEEDS HELP TO GET IN THE ****ING PLAYOFFS.

Is that enough?

No, that's not enough. There's obviously some disagreement. Like NBC disagreeing with themselves, for example:

AFC playoff matchups

Wild-card round, Jan. 9-10

No. 5 Broncos (8-7) at No. 4 Bengals (10-5, AFC North champ)

No. 6 Ravens (8-7) at No. 3 Patriots (10-5, AFC East champ)

Second round, Jan. 16-17

Lower-ranked team at No. 1 Colts (14-0, AFC South champ)

Higher-ranked team at No. 2 Chargers (12-3, AFC West champ)

Explaining the seedings:

Patriots seeded ahead of Bengals because of better strength of victory.

Broncos seeded ahead of Jets and Ravens because of better strength of victory.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34212203/ns/sports-nfl/

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:02 PM
No, that's not enough. There's obviously some disagreement.

LOL well played Mr. Orange.

I envy your grit in sticking to your guns.

shaneo69
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM
The Jets beat the Bengals' back-ups, they're in. The Ravens beat Oakland, they're in.

Sorry Dungver. You're out. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Bane
12-27-2009, 08:04 PM
No, that's not enough. There's obviously some disagreement.

Yeah they're saying one thing,but NFL.com is showing another.Hmmmm.

Shag
12-27-2009, 08:05 PM
I think Denver needs some help in the sense that they need for there to be a 3-way tie at 9-7 that includes the Jets.

I think Denver needs help in the sense that they will need the Jets to beat Cincinnati so that the Jets are in the tiebreaker because Denver wins a three way tiebreaker against the Ravens and/or Steelers, but they lost head to head to both and would lose 2-team tiebreakers to either of them.

So, the donx tie with the Ravens, they lose the tiebreaker. Tie with the Steelers, they lose the tiebreaker. Tie with them both, they win the tiebreaker?

If that's the case, that seems really bizarre...

orange
12-27-2009, 08:06 PM
LOL well played Mr. Orange.

I envy your grit in sticking to your guns.

Source: NBC Sports.

shaneo69
12-27-2009, 08:06 PM
The Steelers at 9-7 after beating Miami also win the tie-breaker vs Denver due to head-to-head. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

orange
12-27-2009, 08:07 PM
So, the donx tie with the Ravens, they lose the tiebreaker. Tie with the Steelers, they lose the tiebreaker. Tie with them both, they win the tiebreaker?

If that's the case, that seems really bizarre...

That won't happen. Only one team per division is considered. If the Ravens win, Pittsburgh would be dropped before comparing them to Denver.

The Steelers at 9-7 after beating Miami also win the tie-breaker vs Denver due to head-to-head. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Read what I just wrote.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA indeed.

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:08 PM

Source: NBC Sports.

This as the same NBC Sports reports it on TV during half-time.

At least we aren't the only people that aren't in agreement.

Does anyone know. CDcox?!?!?!

keg in kc
12-27-2009, 08:09 PM
I could swear I was predicting an 8-8 or 9-7 finish for them when they were 6-0, but I'm too ****ing lazy to dig up old posts.

That was my broken clock prediction of the year.

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 08:10 PM
No, that's not enough. There's obviously some disagreement. Like NBC disagreeing with themselves, for example:
AFC playoff matchups

Second round, Jan. 16-17

Lower-ranked team at No. 1 Colts (14-0, AFC South champ)

Higher-ranked team at No. 2 Chargers (12-3, AFC West champ)

Explaining the seedings:

Patriots seeded ahead of Bengals because of better strength of victory.

Broncos seeded ahead of Jets and Ravens because of better strength of victory.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/34212203/ns/sports-nfl/

You need to read the fine print

Records through Dec. 20

Bane
12-27-2009, 08:11 PM
Like I said,lets hope for a KC win and it wont fukkn matter.We win,and Merlin can't get Mcfistpump in the playoffs.

notorious

Records through Dec. 20

Why are their records updated?

They are doing this to get ratings and site hits.

Smart Bastards.

orange

Records through Dec. 20

Teams were 8-7 on Dec. 20?

ClevelandBronco
Now my brain hurts. I'm just going to wait until the week of the playoffs and look up the damn TV listings.

Go, whoever-needs-to-go! I'm behind you 100%, and always have been.

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:12 PM

Either that or they are amazing at predicting games. What the hell?

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 08:14 PM

Good question it is all fucked up.

They have the Ravens in the #7 seed but have them playing No. 6 Ravens (8-7) at No. 3 Patriots (10-5, AFC East champ)

LMAO

orange
12-27-2009, 08:18 PM

If it DOES come down to Sanchez having to lose too, that's even more ironic and we-should-have-seen-it-coming.

TEX
I said when they were 6-0 that they woukd not make the playoffs. ROFL Still sticking to it.

jettio
The Jets beat the Bengals' back-ups, they're in. The Ravens beat Oakland, they're in.

Sorry Dungver. You're out. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

I think the only way that would be true is if a Jets victory over the Bengals and a Broncos victory over the Chiefs changes the strength of victory rankings.

That seems possible since Cincy would be 10-6 and the Chiefs would be 3-13.

I think Broncos need Jets to be a part of a three-way tiebreaker and Broncos need to stay ahead of Jets in strength of victory.

Otherwise Broncos would need Steelers and Ravens to lose.

This sh*t's complicated.

orange
12-27-2009, 08:22 PM
I think the only way that would be true is if a Jets victory over the Bengals and a Broncos victory over the Chiefs changes the strength of victory rankings.

I think Broncos need Jets to be a part of a three-way tiebreaker and Broncos need to stay ahead of Jets in strength of victory.

This sh*t's complicated.

If the Jets lose and everyone else wins, the Broncos are in no matter what. They will have a better Conference Record than anyone but Baltimore -and there's two wildcard spots, Baltimore will only use up one of them.

Royal Fanatic
12-27-2009, 08:23 PM

This sh*t's complicated.
They just said on ESPN that Denver is officially ahead right now, but if the Jets and Ravens win, they're in.

That is great news for Donkey haters everywhere.

dirk digler
12-27-2009, 08:27 PM
What the NFL has posted is what would happen if the season ended today..but it doesn't it so everything will change if the Ravens win

jettio
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
They just said on ESPN that Denver is officially ahead right now, but if the Jets and Ravens win, they're in.

That is great news for Donkey haters everywhere.

I bet the reason for that would be that Jets strength of victory would go ahead of Broncos because Bengals have much better record than Chiefs.

If ESPN is right about the result and I am right about the reason then Jets would get #5 seed and the Denver loses out to Ravens for #6 seed in a two way tiebreaker because of head to head loss to Ravens.

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
I bet the reason for that would be that Jets strength of victory would go ahead of Broncos because Bengals have much better record than Chiefs.

If ESPN is right about the result and I am right about the reason then Jets would get #5 seed and the Denver loses out to Ravens for #6 seed in a two way tiebreaker because of head to head loss to Ravens.

Good work. It finally makes sense.

MagicHef
12-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Okay, I may be wrong but here is how I understand it:

If Denver wins next week, there is only one scenario that keeps them out of the playoffs:

BAL W
PIT W
NYJ L
HOU L

Bane
12-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Good work. It finally makes sense.

Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I'll take it I guess.:doh!:

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I'll take it I guess.:doh!:

Well, Denver is NOT in control of their own destiny. Outside factors control whether or not they "earn" a spot.

They have favorable conditions, though.

How about we just pull the upset and shit all over their season :)

DaFace
12-27-2009, 08:52 PM

I'm not cdcox, but I play his loyal sidekick on TV.

According to his software, which as far as I know has never been wrong, Denver DOES NOT control its own destiny. If Baltimore and the Jets win next week, they're in, and Denver is out.

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:53 PM

According to his software, which as far as I know has never been wrong, Denver DOES NOT control its own destiny. If Baltimore and the Jets win next week, they're in, and Denver is out.

This.

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Okay, I may be wrong but here is how I understand it:

If Denver wins next week, there is only one scenario that keeps them out of the playoffs:

BAL W
PIT W
NYJ L
HOU L

I have no idea whether you're correct, but that's a pretty damned likely scenario.

Baltimore at Oakland
Pittsburgh at Miami
Cincinnati at New York Jets
New England at Houston

ClevelandBronco
12-27-2009, 08:55 PM

Ah, shit. I'm going back to the freaking TV listings.

Bane
12-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, Denver is NOT in control of their own destiny. Outside factors control whether or not they "earn" a spot.

They have favorable conditions, though.

How about we just pull the upset and shit all over their season :)

I'm hoping the Chiefs win and put all this bullshit to rest.

notorious
12-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Ah, shit. I'm going back to the freaking TV listings.

LOL I should have walked away myself.

DaFace
12-27-2009, 09:05 PM
FYI his software gives Denver a 32 pct chance of making it in overall.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bane
12-27-2009, 09:07 PM
FYI his software gives Denver a 32 pct chance of making it in overall.
Posted via Mobile Device

That's still too much.:cuss:

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 09:12 PM
I have no idea whether you're correct, but that's a pretty damned likely scenario.

Baltimore at Oakland
Pittsburgh at Miami
Cincinnati at New York Jets
New England at Houston

Pittsburgh at Miami seems like the only question mark to me.
Otherwise, it looks like the Donks have screwed themselves again.:clap:

notorious
12-27-2009, 09:14 PM

Never underestimate the NFL's ability to give their lovechild (pitt) the best shot at getting into the playoffs.

Gadzooks
I should add, the Jets should win since the Kittens have nothing to play for.:cuss:

Bane

You would think with a HOF coach,and Neckbeard toilet bowl Orton,that they would have just won all their games instead of this stupid ass shit.ROFL

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Never underestimate the NFL's ability to give their lovechild (pitt) the best shot at getting into the playoffs.

The NFL also loves Miami. Maybe not quite as much as Pit and I've never understood why, but they do.

Gadzooks
12-27-2009, 09:18 PM
You would think with a HOF coach,and Neckbeard toilet bowl Orton,that they would have just won all their games instead of this stupid as shit.ROFL

I almost forgot about their HOF coach. ROFL