PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Weekly Monday Afternoon Presser Live @ 4:00...

Coogs
11-23-2009, 02:23 PM
here...

http://www.kcchiefs.com/

Just a heads up.

Iowanian
11-23-2009, 03:03 PM
It's on.

Haley thinks the Defense did a "very good job against the Run"....and wants to go out with Andy Studebaker.

Coogs
It's on.

OnTheWarpath58
Anyone else having video issues? I'm getting audio, but freezing video.

Coogs
11-23-2009, 03:04 PM

Same.

Rooster
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM

My feed sucks too.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-23-2009, 03:05 PM
No more Arena Ball. Haley said he called Herm personally to apologize.

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Kissing the asses 'o the fans...

Iowanian
11-23-2009, 03:06 PM
My feed is good.

He's happy with Jamal Charles...and the Kicker....and the Environment created by the number of fans that attended.

siberian khatru
11-23-2009, 03:07 PM
Wondered if anyone had seen Mecca.

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 03:08 PM

ROFL

Iowanian
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM

You've been MIA for quite a while too.....

Get off of the internet, you're all Fin' up my feed a little bit.

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 03:09 PM
He's right, they are doing MUCH better when it comes to penalties.

Rooster
11-23-2009, 03:13 PM

There is a long haired guy in a Sanchez jersey at the press conference with mascara tears running down his face. It might just be a coincidence.

Count Zarth
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Haley loves this shit and he may move to England.

Rausch
11-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Wow.

Haley looks and sounds fucking exhausted...

kstater
11-23-2009, 03:25 PM
LMAO

What do you think about Denver's collapse?

OnTheWarpath58
11-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Wow.

Basically admitting he had no faith in Cassel at the end of the first half.

Count Zarth
11-23-2009, 03:47 PM
LMAO

What do you think about Denver's collapse?

Haley's response:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wbvtbs.jpg

"Bob" Dobbs
11-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Haley's response:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wbvtbs.jpgThat GIF is fucking HILARIOUS!

Hog Farmer
11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Haley's response:

:clap: ROFL

Rausch
11-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Haley's response:

:spock:

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll43/myknsj/thrichardsimmons.gif

HemiEd
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Can't find the link to the press conference, darnit.

seaofred
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Haley's response:

What the hell is he doing in that gif? That is freaking awesome!

chefsos
11-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Looks like a nice big gassy belch.

HemiEd
11-23-2009, 04:35 PM

Just a guess, but it looks like he ran it backwards. Maybe a hybrid. Funny shit.

Rausch
11-23-2009, 04:37 PM

Uh.....this?... (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ejaculation/DS00578)

Rausch
11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
I take it all back.

If that's what Haley looks like happy I prefer the screaming and temper tantrums.

That's just.......uncomfortable....to witness.

Coogs
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Here is the hardcopy...

Todd Haley Press Conference - 11/23
Nov 23, 2009, 6:19:18 PM

TODD HALEY: “Afternoon everyone. Just want to reiterate today that this group of players and coaches put a lot of hard work into this back in the off-season up through today, and to get a little positive reinforcement against a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers yesterday will go a long way.

“Defensively, I thought we did a very good job against the run. Obviously, Andy Studebaker made a couple of huge plays for us that kept us in the game and really got us back in the game. We missed some tackles which I think we’ve got to continue to work on and get better at. A couple of the throws over the middle to Hines Ward specifically are plays we’ve got to continue to keep a harness on.

“But overall I thought we made some really good adjustments as a coaching staff at halftime and changed it up a little bit to create some pressure. Getting three sacks against that guy is always good. He’s obviously a tough sack. He got out of some I don’t know how he got out of. But that’s something we stressed and looked at tape and worked on. Overall, defensively I was happy with how the guys played. I thought we were very good on third down and that helped us.

“Offensively, we started a little slow again. Really being down 17-7 and 24-17, I think we showed real mettle in coming back again and then in overtime to make the couple of plays we made was really good for us. I thought third down was a great improvement for us. It’s been pretty poor but against the Pittsburgh Steelers to be 40%, you take that most weeks.

“Jamaal Charles has continued to improve. The kickoff return out of the gate was just a huge boost for us. That was a terrific run with a lot of good blocks. I felt he made some really nice runs for us and then the catch down there in the tight Red [zone] was a tough play for both the quarterback and him – really a big time play for us.

“Chris Chambers has continued [to play well]. He was injured in the game and missed a couple of plays and had to pull himself back out and then went back in and made arguably the biggest play in the game for us in overtime - another bright spot.

“That was a big physical team that beats you up on a consistent basis. We did get beat up a little bit but we were able to dish a little bit out and held our own in special teams. Our rookie kicker made probably the biggest kick in his life.

“The other thing I want to note on the game is our fans. I know that the Pittsburgh fans travel very well. I’ve experienced that on a couple of occasions. But I was really impressed with our fans and the environment that was created. I thought it made it difficult for the Steelers to operate at times. I want to take my hat off to them and thought it was an outstanding performance by our fans.”

Q: Is getting a reward against a team like the Steelers a bigger deal than the other two wins because of the quality of the opponent?

HALEY: “I think it’s just progress. You’re always going to be excited when you win especially since we’ve struggled early in the year. I know the Washington win was a big win for everybody as was Oakland on the road. But I just think we’re making progress and, as I said beforehand, it’s a great opportunity for us to see where we’re at. I just felt like we’re making progress and we’re much further along than when we faced the teams earlier in the year. We were facing the defending world champions and it was a great opportunity to see where we were at and we came out on top.

“I know the guys were really excited, but that being said, we know there were a lot of areas we need to be better in to help ourselves. That’s what is critical: to take the positive and at the same time we’ve got to continue to work on things that put us in tough positions like sacks, too many sacks yesterday offensively. We can’t have that many sacks.

“We only had four penalties in a very physical game against a very talented team. A lot of times when you’re playing a very talented group you can fall into some penalties where you’re over-matched in some spots. But to only have four penalties for 28 yards against that group…. That’s been an area that we’ve continued to stress and I think it’s shown. I think the guys are showing some discipline and you can’t have nine or 10 penalties and expect to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers.”

Q: Do you think you could have beaten that kind of opponent a month ago?

HALEY: “That’s hypothetical. I have no idea. I just know that I was happy to see that we’re making progress.”

Q: Is this week’s game against San Diego a bigger judge because this is a team a month ago that beat you pretty bad?

HALEY: “Again, I don’t know that as much as it’s another opportunity for us. We’re 2-0 in the third quarter of the season. We’ve got to win a quarter of the season. That’s the goal: to be 3-1 at least each quarter. Now, we haven’t done that to this point but we’ve got ourselves in a good spot and this is a division opponent that’s on a roll right now winning five in a row. But every game is a big game for us in our maturation process.”

Q: The Pittsburgh players were talking about the pressure you were getting on their quarterback and that it turned the game around.

HALEY: “We had a clear-cut plan going into the game that we adjusted at halftime once we saw what they were doing. On both sides of the ball I thought we did a good job of making halftime adjustments and coming out in the second half. I think that was a good sign on all counts, our coaches and players ability to adjust.”

Q: Chris Chambers talked about the quality of your conditioning program being one of the assets of the team. Do you think that had anything to do with the win?

HALEY: “I believe strongly in our off-season conditioning program. I know that at least in the experiences that I’ve had that it’s a critical factor in the success of a team. I made it clear to the players that it wasn’t that we were just going to get in condition for training camp. It was going to be something we were going to continue to build. We run every day and we’re not just trying to sustain. We’re trying to get stronger and that’s the idea and in some games that’s maybe showed and yesterday if that was your view of it I think you may be correct. But I know that’s something we have to be to have a chance.”

Q: What do you have to do to make sure your team doesn’t use this win to kind of relax? Is there a danger?

HALEY: “I mean, that wasn’t the Super Bowl. That was our tenth game and we’re just going to keep doing what we’re doing and trying to stay consistent. We’re trying to get them ready each week and have a good plan that we think gives us a chance for success. I don’t think I will do anything different other than just be ready to get back to work.”

Q: In the middle of the fourth quarter Cassel fumbled and the Steelers eventually scored after recovering the ball. You then had a penalty on your kickoff return and you started on your nine-yard line. First two plays you gain a yard and then you call a time-out. It’s third-and-nine. What was discussed at that time-out because the game pivoted there on your long pass play to Lance Long?

HALEY: “That arguably to me is one of the bigger plays of the game, one of the key plays of the game, top three you’d have to say. You’re right. After the fumble and getting behind momentum was turning and you could feel it going the other way.

“We just talked that now is the time to make a play. I’ve told Matt many times that great players make big plays in critical situations. I think that was evidence of one. I thought he made a tremendous, tremendous throw into a tough coverage. It was probably our best protection of the day, which was another thing that was talked about. Just give Matt a little bit of time and we’ll make something happen. Then Lance ran a very good route and caught the ball and held on after a big hit. So, really, it was just we need to make a play.”

Q: You made a very good play of 30 yards. You went 30 instead of 10 yards.

HALEY: “All our plays have different designs to them and there are vertical portions of most of them and horizontal portions. It was just what the coverage dictated as much as anything.”

Q: Derrick Johnson made some great athletic plays but it also seemed he was out of position coverage-wise too. Has that maybe been the rub for him?

HALEY: “Again, I don’t know there’s a rub with Derrick Johnson. I think I’ve kind of made that clear. I think like any other player we’re trying to coach all the players to be the best they can be. I don’t think anybody yesterday played a perfect game. Derrick’s out there on special teams covering kicks and doing a lot of things for us. I wish there hadn’t been a flag on [his] sack play because that was a big-time looking play and it’s too bad it got nullified.

“I think we’re trying to get all these players better on a daily basis and he’s no different from the rest.”

Q: Jovan Belcher made arguably the biggest defensive play when he made a three-yard stop when Pittsburgh was right on the edge of field goal range. Can you talk about having a kicker in an overtime game that can make the long kick like Ryan Succup? How much easier does it make it for you?

HALEY: “I think you need good kickers to win, generally speaking. When you have a good kicker it gives you confidence as a decision-maker and as a play-caller. You’d have to talk to the Steelers about their kicker. As far as our guy, Ryan has come into the league without a lot of fanfare although probably more because he was the last guy drafted. He’s worked his tail off and good things have happened for him and I think he’s got a bunch of upside too. I’m just excited he’s continued to make progress. When Chambers got forced out of bounds in overtime I called a time out just to make sure we were making the right decision. But I never wavered in my belief in him.”

Q: He’s basically a cool guy and he said he wasn’t nervous. He seems to be a incredibly collected and confident guy.

HALEY: “I think that’s a tough position and it’s different than most other positions in that you’re out there by yourself. A lot of people are counting on you and watching you while you’re performing. That’s a good attribute to have. I’d agree with you, he’s got the right mentality.”

Q: Do you worry about Jamaal Charles taking these big hits. He’s not a big back and do you worry about him? Have there been any discussions with him about the mechanics of running, to stay lower?

HALEY: “I think Jamaal is very well coached, I know that. I know his coach [Mo Carthon] for a long time. I know he’s being coached very well on all fundamentals. Jamaal is making progress and progress that we’re all excited about. He’s not a big back by any means but I think what he’s shown is some toughness. I probably would focus on that. You’re playing against a physical, physical defense that knocks the heck out of a lot of people. What you saw from Jamaal yesterday were some real positive signs.

“He took some hits and didn’t go down and almost broke out of the one in overtime. I thought that one was a heck of a run and Wade Smith actually ran into him in his hustle. You know, that’s a great play and I rewound it about 10 times today just to see 10 of our players doing their job and then hustling to the ball carrier which we teach. You saw all red jerseys in there around the ball and Jamaal took a big-time hit and stayed on his feet and almost pulled out of that for a big play. I thought it was an excellent play and sparked us.”

Q: Has his toughness surprised you?

HALEY: “Again, I’m most happy about these guys who have put a lot into the off-season and he’s one of them and is now seeing some results. I think that’s the way it works. Andy Studebaker is another guy who has put a lot in and is now seeing some results. The more of those guys we have the better team we’re becoming.

Q: With Johnson’s sack Gilberry looked almost like a linebacker where he dropped in coverage? Was this too much thinking on his part?

HALEY: “No, there are numerous defenses where that occurs. I won’t get into the specifics of that play. I think Wallace Gilberry has earned the right to see more and more action with his play and I thought yesterday he played a pretty good game and is seeing more and more snaps.”

Q: Do you worry about Jamaal Charles being a featured back and also returning kicks too?

HALEY: “I think it’s something you have to think about but I’m glad we had him back there on the first one. It’s something you have to think about, being aware of and monitor. In that game Jamaal was seeing a bunch of action once Kolby got nicked up – probably more snaps than we had intended. So, we just intended to give him a break back there. You try to go with your instincts.”

Q: What about Kolby Smith’s injury?

HALEY: “We don’t think it’s anything serious but we’ll know more later.”

Q: The last two games you deferred upon winning the coin toss. This time you didn’t. Why?

HALEY: “I think it’s just an instinct thing and you try to talk to your staff the night before the game. It’s something that’s changed on the fly. It might be weather conditions and will always be different every week.”

Q: Can you talk about the AFC West race and Denver and San Diego?

HALEY: “I’m really just worried about us. We got off to a good start in this third quarter and now we’ve got a team that’s on a roll that will be a very difficult team to beat. We’ve started already.”

Q: Did you take any time last night to enjoy the win?

HALEY: “We had a significant number of injuries so Scott [Pioli] and I were having a bunch of email discussions throughout the night. Those are big decisions and this week’s going to go fast with Thanksgiving. We had a lot to worry about last night but I got to visit with my mom and dad and my family.”

Q: Do you feel you’re starting to get into more of your style of play-calling now that you’ve run the offense for a while?

HALEY: “I think we’re making progress. Yesterday we had a good plan and just need to figure out a way to start faster. We’ve tried numerous ways and just can’t seem…it’s just one of those things. You see it in a lot of different areas. Maybe you’re good on third down early in the seasons and then you stay good, or like us, it’s just hard to get off the snide. I think we’re starting to find a little bit of an identity.”

Q: How does the fullback option come into your head in a big situation?

HALEY: “That’s a play that I’ve been familiar with for many years that we used to run with Rich Anderson when he was the option guy with the Jets. Made some big plays on it so it comes back around now and then and why you have some of the guys you have around you. It was a big first down. When you take that risk you’d like to make a big play, but I was happy to get a first down against those guys.”

Q: Are you pleased with your team’s camaraderie at this point than you were earlier in the season?

HALEY: “I think it’s all part of the process. We’re making progress. I’ve felt that but the results weren’t obviously there. Here in the last few weeks there are better results and I think that helps everybody. I know the guys were in here today pretty fired up. There is a buzz. As I’ve said many times, everybody works too hard to not get results. When you do get good results like yesterday it makes it a little more fun.”

Q: You had three time outs left at the end of the first half yesterday. Why not take them?

HALEY: “We discussed before the game and during the game. We had a distinct clear-cut plan for this team and what could or could not happen. I think if we were going to error yesterday it was going to be on the conservative side. I felt good with where we were and I did not want something negative to happen at that stage.

“What you see happen in the league, and I’ve been part of it, is where you’re trying to do something at the end of the half and something negative happens and all of a sudden the game’s basically over. I felt comfortable where we were unless we made a real big play early.”

Q: Sounds like the philosophy of your game plan yesterday was very similar to last year February 1st?

HALEY: “That was a help because they don’t change a whole bunch. They’re well coached and they’re sound but you have an idea of what they’re going to do. I would agree somewhat. I think against good team…it’s not a team where there is a lot of trickery or fakes that are going to work for you.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/11/23/todd_haley_press_conference__1123/

MichaelH
11-23-2009, 06:13 PM
“We had a clear-cut plan going into the game that we adjusted at halftime once we saw what they were doing

In Hermie's 3 years, did he ever manage to even come close to an adjustment?

Count Zarth
11-24-2009, 07:42 AM

He has a ball in his hands.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAbF_Jcb0gg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UAbF_Jcb0gg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>