PDA

View Full Version : Obama BRC says these Obama policies are BS

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Too many of you don't realize that despite my support on Obama, I have a different opinion than him on many key issues. You say you have never noticed or seem a list. welllll here ya go. He still has my support and I still believe McCain would have been a disaster. And Palin as vice president? Give me a break.

The War in Afghanistan(unwinnable)
<O:p</O:p
The increase of troops to Afghanistan(nation building, a transfer of wealth from us to them)
Immigration reform(It’s BS that they get a free ride in education and health care, take our jobs and don’t pay any taxes)
Gun Control(the constitution is not fuzzy on this)
Government run health care program(will never work efficiently. A disaster in the making)
Renedition(complete BS that Obama is allowing this to continue)
Transparency(draggin your feet on WH visitor lists, posting bills 72 hours before votes is BS)
Stimulus(that he allowed Pelosi and Reid to pack it with non infrastructure projects that it was suppose to be is BS)
TARP(yes, done under Bush, but he could go after Wall Street on this much faster and more thoroughly than he is doing. Allowing them to buy other banks instead of lending money to small business’s is BS.)
War Tax(taxing people during a recession to pay for a war is BS)
Deficit(Economist’s said the stimulus was necessary to avoid a depression, okay. But now you need to plan to get the deficit under control)

GITMO(promised a deadline for closure. meet it)

HonestChieffan
11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
One wonders what policies he is behind that overshadows this list?

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 08:45 AM
One wonders what policies he is behind that overshadows this list?ROFL
I'm not making another list.

HonestChieffan
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
I can accept that

KCWolfman
11-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Why are you so stuck on Sarah Palin? Are you stating Joe Alzheimer Biden is a better replacement?

I think you have a crush on her and wont admit it

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Why are you so stuck on Sarah Palin? Are you stating Joe Alzheimer Biden is a better replacement?

I think you have a crush on her and wont admit itShe is window dressing, much like Dan Quayle was. And no, Biden is no whiz kid but the guy was the Chairman of foreign relations committe for 20+ years, servers in Congress for years. Surely he picked up a little knowledge in those years.

stevieray
11-25-2009, 09:02 AM
She is window dressing,
BS. if she was, you wouldn't try bring her down on a weekly basis...

oldandslow
11-25-2009, 10:13 AM
BS. if she was, you wouldn't try bring her down on a weekly basis...

Actually, when the time comes, I will probably donate to her primary campaign...talk about insuring a democratic victory

stevieray
11-25-2009, 10:29 AM
...talk about insuring a democratic victory

that seems to be the current theme. HC, C&T, GM, housing, banks...you'll be winning in households across America....for generations.

Iowanian
11-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Doesn't sound like there is much to like about the guy at all, does it?

Direckshun
11-25-2009, 01:44 PM
I approve of this thread. Great thread, BRC.

I agree with you on: The War in Afghanistan(unwinnable) I have very recently come around to this exact point of view. The increase of troops to Afghanistan(nation building, a transfer of wealth from us to them) I assume you mean the increase of American troops. Transparency(draggin your feet on WH visitor lists, posting bills 72 hours before votes is BS) Right. But the same could be said about his promise of 5 days. Anything less than a month to consider a 2,000+ page bill is horseshit, but that doesn't seem to be practical. 5 days is at least respectable, and Obama hasn't even accomplished that. Deficit(Economist’s said the stimulus was necessary to avoid a depression, okay. But now you need to plan to get the deficit under control) You're right, and we'll see what happens in 2010. I disagree with you on: Gun Control(the constitution is not fuzzy on this) I won't get into the fuzz, but Obama has not made any moves that do what I would consider significantly hampering gun ownership. Government run health care program(will never work efficiently. A disaster in the making) Medicare proves that it can be run as efficiently as almost all forms of private healthcare. War Tax(taxing people during a recession to pay for a war is BS) Rock and a hard place. Only solution is to go deeper into debt or to pull out of the wars. I am mixed on: Immigration reform(It’s BS that they get a free ride in education and health care, take our jobs and don’t pay any taxes) Comprehensive reform hasn't even made it yet to the table, so I can't speculate. Renedition(complete BS that Obama is allowing this to continue) I'm not thrilled with it, but there are forms of rendition I'm okay with. Stimulus(that he allowed Pelosi and Reid to pack it with non infrastructure projects that it was suppose to be is BS) I have been disappointed with the stimulus so far, but I do believe it has softened the blow of the recession. I wish we could package together something like a $200B jobs bill in 2010. TARP(yes, done under Bush, but he could go after Wall Street on this much faster and more thoroughly than he is doing. Allowing them to buy other banks instead of lending money to small business’s is BS.) I'm mixed on the principles behind TARP. I like that we've actually collected back money faster than expected, and I like that we've even eked out a little profit from the paybacks so far. I don't like that we've refused payback money at times. GITMO(promised a deadline for closure. meet it) The essential final date being pushed is disappointing -- but this administration has made strides in getting the number of prisoners being held there without rights way down.

Donger
11-25-2009, 01:45 PM
So, which policies aren't BS?

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 02:04 PM
I approve of this thread. Great thread, BRC.

I disagree with you on:

Government run health care program(will never work efficiently. A disaster in the making) Medicare proves that it can be run as efficiently as almost all forms of private healthcare. I worked in it for 10 years I saw first hand the ineffecientces.
War Tax(taxing people during a recession to pay for a war is BS) Rock and a hard place. Only solution is to go deeper into debt or to pull out of the wars. No, a better solution is to cut spending.
comments in red

InChiefsHell
11-25-2009, 02:08 PM
She is window dressing, much like Dan Quayle was. And no, Biden is no whiz kid but the guy was the Chairman of foreign relations committe for 20+ years, servers in Congress for years. Surely he picked up a little knowledge in those years.

It would seem that his experience would have actually made him the better President than Barry...maybe Barry should have been the VP...:shrug:

Direckshun
11-25-2009, 02:10 PM
I worked in it for 10 years I saw first hand the ineffecientces. Absolutely, I'm not saying they don't exist. But many of these inefficiencies exist in private healthcare as well, plus additional ones because they operate for profit.

No, a better solution is to cut spending That's fair.

I would say the better solution is to pull out, but that's fair.

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Absolutely, I'm not saying they don't exist. But many of these inefficiencies exist in private healthcare as well, plus additional ones because they operate for profit.

That's fair.

I would say the better solution is to pull out, but that's fair.
Taking money out of peoples pockets in a recession is a very bad idea. The whold basis of the stimulus argument. Consumers/businesses arn't putting money into the economy so the government has to.

HonestChieffan
11-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Taking money out of peoples pockets in a recession is a very bad idea. The whold basis of the stimulus argument. Consumers/businesses arn't putting money into the economy so the government has to.

Then why have they not spent 75% of it? And compound that with Pelosi wanting another before the first is spent?

HemiEd
11-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Doesn't sound like there is much to like about the guy at all, does it?

Yeah, what is left to like? His Pizza parties?

InChiefsHell
11-25-2009, 05:30 PM

Beer on the patio dude!

Bwana
11-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Hope and Change BRC! :)

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 06:35 PM
BBQ?
http://img.timeinc.net/recipes/i/recipes/su/04/07/seattle-ribs-su-600591-x.jpg

Saul Good
11-25-2009, 06:40 PM
BRC, would I be accurate in stating that you like the idea of Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress more than you like the results?

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 06:44 PM
BRC, would I be accurate in stating that you like the idea of Barack Obama and the Democrats in Congress more than you like the results?You would be correct, sir. Especially glad that the Bush/Cheney debacle team is gone, somehow we survived in spite of them.

2bikemike
11-25-2009, 08:20 PM
BBQ?
http://img.timeinc.net/recipes/i/recipes/su/04/07/seattle-ribs-su-600591-x.jpg

I just can't picture someone from Chicago know squat about good BBQ. Maybe Hot Dogs, Brats and Pizza but not BBQ.

BigRedChief
11-26-2009, 01:59 PM
I just can't picture someone from Chicago know squat about good BBQ. Maybe Hot Dogs, brats and Pizza but not BBQ.I just don't understand why one of the Gates, Bryants, Smokestack etc. haven't tried to go nationwide. The BBQ sucks in most places.

StcChief
11-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Buyers remorse...1 year later. surprise.

BigRedChief
11-27-2009, 07:29 AM
Buyers remorse...1 year later. surprise.Not quite yet, just underperforming at this point.

I've got two big things that I can't get pass in supporting a Republican.

Tax cuts don't solve every single economic issue we face.

Dictating their morals to other citizens. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom in none of my, societies or the goverments business and the other biggie...A woman's right to control her own body, to have the final say as an individual what happens to her.

RINGLEADER
11-28-2009, 11:22 AM

I think you have a crush on her and wont admit it

Because she's even more frighteningly ill-equipped to be president than Obama?

She can't answer simple questions about what's going on in the world. That's scary you betcha.

In much the same way I can't understand why people who support Obamacare want to cede more control over their lives via that bill, I can't understand why those on the right don't think there are more qualified people out there to represent their cause.

Bwana
11-28-2009, 11:28 AM

His dog? :shrug:

RINGLEADER
11-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Not quite yet, just underperforming at this point.

Dictating their morals to other citizens. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom in none of my, societies or the goverments business and the other biggie...A woman's right to control her own body, to have the final say as an individual what happens to her.

I agree with you on the last point entirely (though I find abortion terrible and sad I'll never be a woman in that position and the government shouldn't be in a place of telling her what she can and can't do).

Tax policy, on the other hand, is the best tool that the government has to generate economic growth. Unfortunately, the Dems currently believe in funding government jobs despite the fact that there is zero chance those jobs will ever be self-replicating or last beyond the life of their funding. Saying tax cuts don't solve all economic problems is a broad generalization of what they're typically designed to do.

Besides, I'm surprised that tax policy isn't something on your list since the Bush tax policy that Obama bemoaned as a hand-out to the wealthy at every turn last year is still the law of the land.

You can't blame it on Bush if you're embracing it Mister Obama...

BigRedChief
11-28-2009, 08:08 PM
Besides, I'm surprised that tax policy isn't something on your list since the Bush tax policy that Obama bemoaned as a hand-out to the wealthy at every turn last year is still the law of the land.

You can't blame it on Bush if you're embracing it Mister Obama...
Obama has said he will let the Bush tax cutrs expire. No need to raise taxes in a recession. Don't get me started on those Bush tax cuts again.

90% of that $1.1 trillion went to the top 10% of the wealthiest Americans. And what did we get? An economy that was a bubble and almost caused a depression when it burst.:cuss:

Norman Einstein
11-29-2009, 04:51 AM
Obama has said he will let the Bush tax cutrs expire. No need to raise taxes in a recession. Don't get me started on those Bush tax cuts again.

90% of that $1.1 trillion went to the top 10% of the wealthiest Americans. And what did we get? An economy that was a bubble and almost caused a depression when it burst.:cuss:

Documented where?

Norman Einstein
11-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Because she's even more frighteningly ill-equipped to be president than Obama?

She can't answer simple questions about what's going on in the world. That's scary you betcha.

In much the same way I can't understand why people who support Obamacare want to cede more control over their lives via that bill, I can't understand why those on the right don't think there are more qualified people out there to represent their cause.

More ill-equipped to be president than Obama? He has been a total loss to the country, I can't conceive of anyone doing a worse job, not even Jimmy Carter.

The good news is that most likely by the time the next election rolls around Palin will be a shoo in and we will get to see just how badly she runs the country in comparison. At least she doesn't have a hidden agenda.

bevischief
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
So, which policies aren't BS?

This

BigRedChief
11-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Documented where?Google it yourself

BigRedChief
11-29-2009, 09:38 AM
The good news is that most likely by the time the next election rolls around Palin will be a shoo in and we will get to see just how badly she runs the country in comparison. At least she doesn't have a hidden agenda.
OMG Palin in 2012 is a shoo-in.....ROFL

Norman Einstein
11-29-2009, 03:47 PM
Google it yourself

I presume that you are not man enough to back up your own comments?

Most would say that's a sign of a poor argument.

By your own response you are owned by everyone that posts in this thread.

KC native
11-30-2009, 08:32 AM
I presume that you are not man enough to back up your own comments?

Most would say that's a sign of a poor argument.

By your own response you are owned by everyone that posts in this thread.

JFGI

(since you're a little slow that stands for JUST FUCKING GOOGLE IT)

ROYC75
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
You would be correct, sir. Especially glad that the Bush/Cheney debacle team is gone, somehow we survived in spite of them.

We will be lucky to survive 1 term of Obama, Biden, Reid & Pelosi.

Calcountry
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
Actually, when the time comes, I will probably donate to her primary campaign...talk about insuring a democratic victoryActually, when the time coes, you will be lucky if you still have any money.

Calcountry
11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Not quite yet, just underperforming at this point.

Dictating their morals to other citizens. What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom in none of my, societies or the goverments business and the other biggie...A woman's right to control her babies body, to have the final say as an individual what happens to her baby.FYP

BigRedChief
12-07-2009, 08:12 AM
New one to add:
I never thought we would see the any of the bank bailout money, now its looking like we will get 95% of it back. So, these azzwipes are already trying to figure out how to spend it. How about you pay back the friggin chinese with the money and pay down the deficit? :cuss:

I'm okay with a jobs bill, create infrastruture jobs etc. But, fund the damn thing with budget cuts, not increase the deficit, not any new taxes(even on the rich:rolleyes:), you want something new when we don't have any money? Cut something out like the rest of us have to do.

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Bump for the over the top posters who think I love everything Obama.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 08:45 AM

You have so many policy disagreements with him that it's hard to understand why you still defend his presidency (generally speaking) at every turn. It's unnatural.

wild1
01-20-2010, 08:50 AM
If you're against government health care, tarp, afghanistan, his approach to stimulus, the deficit, and (non)transparency, what else is there? You've described basically his whole agenda. He'd probably send out his surrogates to the Sunday news shows to call you a far right teabagger and say you should be disregarded as a loon.

All this does is show mindless devotion, if he offends you on his entire agenda and you still support him for reasons unknown, perhaps even to yourself.

Bwana
01-20-2010, 08:50 AM
You're coming around BRC! :thumb:

http://img.hobowars.com/fn_photos/l_16366_1a1abbo.jpg

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 08:55 AM
You have so many policy disagreements with him that it's hard to understand why you still defend his presidency (generally speaking) at every turn. It's unnatural.I voted for Ronald Reagan twice and George H. What were the options? Mondale, Carter, Dukakis? Pathetic choices, as was McCain/Palin.

If we survived Bush we can survive Obama.

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 09:03 AM
If you're against government health care, tarp, afghanistan, his approach to stimulus, the deficit, and (non)transparency, what else is there? You've described basically his whole agenda. He'd probably send out his surrogates to the Sunday news shows to call you a far right teabagger and say you should be disregarded as a loon.

All this does is show mindless devotion, if he offends you on his entire agenda and you still support him for reasons unknown, perhaps even to yourself.I've always had some right wing tendenices. But thinking tax cuts solve everything and the government trying to legislate morality pushed me over to the Dems.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
I voted for Ronald Reagan twice and George H. What were the options? Mondale, Carter, Dukakis? Pathetic choices, as was McCain/Palin.

If we survived Bush we can survive Obama.

This doesn't explain your unnatural devotion to our current President.

dirk digler
01-20-2010, 09:13 AM
This doesn't explain your unnatural devotion to our current President.

So what? You have an unnatural devotion to Cheney regardless of what he does.

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I've always had some right wing tendenices. But thinking tax cuts solve everything and the government trying to legislate morality pushed me over to the Dems.

Democrats are just as guilty of legislating morality as republicans.

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 09:18 AM
Democrats are just as guilty of legislating morality as republicans.ohhh I know. I was just talking about after 12 years of voting Republican why I went Democrat.

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 09:20 AM
This doesn't explain your unnatural devotion to our current President.crap, does this mean I'm going to develop an affinity for beastiality? If so...Cheney/Palin 2012!

patteeu
01-20-2010, 09:24 AM
So what? You have an unnatural devotion to Cheney regardless of what he does.

I agree with almost everything Cheney does/says. That makes it a natural devotion.

bkkcoh
01-20-2010, 09:48 AM
Democrats are just as guilty of legislating morality as republicans.

But there are some democrats that think that talking about a problem is all that needs to be done to solve the problem. That isn't at all correct.

Tough choices need to be made and I don't think the congress has the intestinal fortitude to do so.

dirk digler
01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
I agree with almost everything Cheney does/says. That makes it a natural devotion.

Anyone that agrees with Cheney is definitely unnatural :p

wild1
01-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I've always had some right wing tendenices. But thinking tax cuts solve everything and the government trying to legislate morality pushed me over to the Dems.

This is what I was saying. Your affection for Obama is not grounded in any merit he has. And you've admitted you disagree with most or all of his major policy agenda items.

He's the blank canvas, you have projected onto him unquantifiable attributes of what you think a politician should be, and he's content to let your imagination run away with you while he collects your vote.

InChiefsHell
01-20-2010, 10:28 AM
This is what I was saying. Your affection for Obama is not grounded in any merit he has. And you've admitted you disagree with most or all of his major policy agenda items.

He's the blank canvas, you have projected onto him unquantifiable attributes of what you think a politician should be, and he's content to let your imagination run away with you while he collects your vote.

THis nails it! I know quite a few people in the office who voted for Barry and if you ask them what he's done that they are happy about or what have you, they will either a) not respond b) answer with a question about what Bush did to fuck up the country or c) just smile and say they really like Barry.

He is not who he said he was to them, he's whoever they want him to be. But the emperor has no clothes.

Obamas CHICKENS...are coming HOME...to ROOST!

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 10:38 AM

This is a perfect day to try to remind us that you'd like to distance yourself from this government that you helped elect.

Noted. You're a great independent thinker. :rolleyes:

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 10:50 AM
THis nails it! I know quite a few people in the office who voted for Barry and if you ask them what he's done that they are happy about or what have you, they will either a) not respond b) answer with a question about what Bush did to **** up the country or c) just smile and say they really like Barry.
He is not who he said he was to them, he's whoever they want him to be. But the emperor has no clothes.

Obamas CHICKENS...are coming HOME...to ROOST!

Yup, they get real hostile if you say anything that resembles a defense of Bush or a criticism of B.O.

I treat them the way I treat the homeless mental patient in my path, do not make eye contact and go around him/her.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
This is a perfect day to try to remind us that you'd like to distance yourself from this government that you helped elect.

Noted. You're a great independent thinker. :rolleyes:

Now you went and did it. He's gonna sulk all day in the Sarah Palin. Dumb thread with Amnorix.

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 11:19 AM

Noted. You're a great independent thinker. :rolleyes:uhhh no way can I distance myself. I was on board before the Iowa cacus's. He was my candidate. I would still vote for obama over McCain/Palin.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 11:22 AM
Bully for you.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Bully for you.

ROFL

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:25 AM
uhhh no way can I distance myself. I was on board before the Iowa cacus's. He was my candidate. I would still vote for obama over McCain/Palin.

He had me at "Hello".

patteeu
01-20-2010, 11:34 AM
uhhh no way can I distance myself. I was on board before the Iowa cacus's. He was my candidate. I would still vote for obama over McCain/Palin.

http://slog.thestranger.com/files/2008/05/obama420.jpg

BucEyedPea
01-20-2010, 11:36 AM
I still think it was a good thing Obama was elected because it's waking the Rs up, at least many of them. This was a needed alarm bell so long as we can stave off health-care and cap n' trade!

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM
I still think it was a good thing Obama was elected because it's waking the Rs up, at least many of them. This was a needed alarm bell so long as we can stave off health-care and cap n' trade!

The big problem is the amount of money B.O. has spent. There really is no way out of this debt. It's like B.O. is gonna take us all down with him just like Hitler.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:39 AM

He's so presidential.

ROFL

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM

Was that guy in The Commodores?

patteeu
01-20-2010, 11:48 AM

That's like saying AIDS is a good thing because it woke people up to the dangers of promiscuity. Neither AIDS nor Obama's election are good things.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 11:50 AM
That's like saying AIDS is a good thing because it woke people up to the dangers of promiscuity. Neither AIDS nor Obama's election are good things.

Very poignant.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 11:51 AM
BTW, the picture in post #66 was extracted directly from BigRedChief's brain with some special technology that I have at my disposal. I think the unicorn in the background is a nice touch. You don't want to see dirk digler's mental image of The One.

wild1
01-20-2010, 12:51 PM
BTW, the picture in post #66 was extracted directly from BigRedChief's brain with some special technology that I have at my disposal. I think the unicorn in the background is a nice touch. You don't want to see dirk digler's mental image of The One.

:eek:

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 12:54 PM

Yea McCains spending would have been great. Blinded by the light my friend.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Yea McCains spending would have been great. Blinded by the light my friend.

I'm no McCain fan, but Obama is far worse in the same way that AIDS is far worse than Herpes. Maybe you should consider an end to your defacto support of horrible just because bad is the only realistic alternative.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm no McCain fan, but Obama is far worse in the same way that AIDS is far worse than Herpes. Maybe you should consider an end to your defacto support of horrible just because bad is the only realistic alternative.

I didn't vote for either so I'm clean.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 01:13 PM
I didn't vote for either so I'm clean.

Yes, that's why it's defacto support.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 01:16 PM
Yes, that's why it's defacto support.

Nice backwards logic there Patteau. So you are aginst the bailouts yet you voted for the guy who voted for it. The difference between you and I is I actually vote for what I believe in.

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 01:27 PM
BTW, the picture in post #66 was extracted directly from BigRedChief's brain with some special technology that I have at my disposal. I think the unicorn in the background is a nice touch. You don't want to see dirk digler's mental image of The One.ROFL
Revenge is a dish best served cold
/ancient Klingon proverb

patteeu
01-20-2010, 01:45 PM
Nice backwards logic there Patteau. So you are aginst the bailouts yet you voted for the guy who voted for it. The difference between you and I is I actually vote for what I believe in.

I vote for the best interests of what I believe in, you let yourself feel good about casting futile votes that end up pushing you further from what you believe in. Your stock in the Obama administration may not be in preferred, voting shares, but you're a shareholder nontheless. There's a time and place for a protest vote, but 2008 was neither.

Hydrae
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM

Which is why I voted for Ron Paul. It is hard to know how he would have done but I highly doubt we would be this much farther in debt!

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I vote for the best interests of what I believe in, you let yourself feel good about casting futile votes that end up pushing you further from what you believe in. Your stock in the Obama administration may not be in preferred, voting shares, but you're a shareholder nontheless. There's a time and place for a protest vote, but 2008 was neither.

Yea I forgot economically McCain didn't want to spend as much as Obama ROFL

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Which is why I voted for Ron Paul. It is hard to know how he would have done but I highly doubt we would be this much farther in debt!Isolationism has never worked and it won't work today.

Hydrae
01-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Isolationism has never worked and it won't work today.

Spending billions and trillions of my grandchildrens earnings won't ever work.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 02:06 PM
Isolationism has never worked and it won't work today.

Yea sanctioning nations and invading nations that had nothing to do with 9-11 didn't isolate us from the world :clap:

patteeu
01-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Spending billions and trillions of my grandchildrens earnings won't ever work.

Defense isn't the source of our runaway spending problems.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 02:10 PM
One day Patteau will run out of talking points.

Hydrae
01-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Defense isn't the source of our runaway spending problems.

Do you think Dr Paul would have pushed to spend all the rest of this money the current admin is burning through? This is about much more than defense spending. Actually defense spending is Constitutional whether you agree with the spending levels or not.

ClevelandBronco
01-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Do you think Dr Paul would have pushed to spend all the rest of this money the current admin is burning through? This is about much more than defense spending. Actually defense spending is Constitutional whether you agree with the spending levels or not.

Look. I caucused for Paul, but let's be clear: Just between us, the guy is completely unelectable for that office. Come on. You can admit it. We all knew it.

But let's play "what if" for a minute, even if it's ridiculously far fetched.

"What if" he'd been elected president? Congress would have sent him a bill very much like the current stimulus clusterfuck and he would have ranted, raved and vetoed it. Congress would have promptly overridden that veto and we'd be pretty much where we are now, except that Massachusetts would probably have elected an idiot last night.

The Mad Crapper
01-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Yea I forgot economically McCain didn't want to spend as much as Obama ROFL

McCain was in bed with the whole global warming charade. He's an asshole.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 03:25 PM
McCain was in bed with the whole global warming charade. He's an asshole.

John McCain & Lindsey Graham should be voted out next along with John Boner whos a horrible excuse for a leader.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 04:04 PM
John McCain & Lindsey Graham should be voted out next along with John Boner whos a horrible excuse for a leader.

I could go along with that as long as we replace them with conservatives who aren't soft on defense instead of socialists like Obama.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 04:45 PM
I could go along with that as long as we replace them with conservatives who aren't soft on defense instead of socialists like Obama.

John McCain and Lindsey Graham are both soft on defense. Both were Senators when 9-11 happend.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
John McCain and Lindsey Graham are both soft on defense. Both were Senators when 9-11 happend.

I don't even think Frankie would have tried to run that one. ROFL

wild1
01-20-2010, 05:15 PM

"That car theft proves that not one police officer in this city is doing his job..."

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 06:57 PM
John McCain and Lindsey Graham are both soft on defense. Both were Senators when 9-11 happend.:shake: poor argument. You got to come stronger than that with patteau.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
:shake: poor argument. You got to come stronger than that with patteau.

It was a joke but Patteaus leap of logic he probably blames all the Democrats for being weak on 9-11 somehow because the adminstration before Bush was ran by democrats. Saying the guy who ran the country on 9-11 is strong on national defense is an oxymoron. Then bitching about spending but saying it's ok to spend money on nation building is even more stupid. Patteau is a hypocrite.

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 07:29 PM
It was a joke but Patteaus leap of logic he probably blames all the Democrats for being weak on 9-11 somehow because the adminstration before Bush was ran by democrats. Saying the guy who ran the country on 9-11 is strong on national defense is an oxymoron. Then bitching about spending but saying it's ok to spend money on nation building is even more stupid. Patteau is a hypocrite.

Let me guess. Freshman in HS?

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 07:31 PM

Point out where my argument is wrong instead of petty insults.

patteeu
01-20-2010, 07:37 PM

Here

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Here

Up is your down gotcha.

mlyonsd
01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
Up is your down gotcha.

Ok now I'm guessing 7th grade. Even my 9th grade Freshman doesn't debate this poorly.

Ok, that was petty.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Ok now I'm guessing 7th grade. Even my 9th grade Freshman doesn't debate this poorly.

Ok, that was petty.

You're obviously a Patteau dupe. Patteau you have to make fake accounts to get someone to agree with you?

BigRedChief
01-20-2010, 11:30 PM
You're obviously a Patteau dupe. Patteau you have to make fake accounts to get someone to agree with you?I can vouch for the fact that they are different people. No doubt.

Chocolate Hog
01-20-2010, 11:31 PM
I can vouch for the fact that they are different people.

Sweet, Well one offers opinons the other trolls.

wild1
01-21-2010, 12:03 AM

maybe freshman in college.

patteeu
01-21-2010, 01:38 AM
Sweet, Well one offers opinons the other trolls.

I'm sorry. I'll try to throw in an opinion every now and then.

Chocolate Hog
01-21-2010, 02:28 AM
I'm sorry. I'll try to throw in an opinion every now and then.

Atleast you give a take. I'm interested in what you think of Sarah Palin. I've yet to meet a Conservative who can explain why she's a good candidate.

patteeu
01-21-2010, 02:44 AM
Atleast you give a take. I'm interested in what you think of Sarah Palin. I've yet to meet a Conservative who can explain why she's a good candidate.

I don't think she's a good candidate at this point. I don't think she's dumb and she's definitely got both charisma and a reasonable conservative philosophy (more social conservatism than I'd prefer and stronger on defense than you'd like), but I think she's been damaged by ridicule and it will take a while to recover from that, if she ever can. Someone posted a recent Jonah Goldberg column (in the "Sarah Palin. Dumb. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=221760)" thread iirc) that I thought was right on target.

BTW, I think mlyonsd makes some pretty good posts about his opinion on things.

Norman Einstein
01-21-2010, 04:52 AM

Which goes to prove that you have no right wing beliefs. If you did you would have seen the total wreck that Obama has been and know that McCain couldn't do any worse and may have been a better choice. The fact that you continually talk about Obama and leave Biden out of the discussion is a telling commentary of your belief that Biden is useless. I'm amazed at your hatred for those that were candidates for the "right", but still say that you'd vote Obama again. It says volumes about you dishonesty with your own beliefs.

Norman Einstein
01-21-2010, 04:56 AM

In all honesty I think Palin is doing what she is now for the money. She has the ability to draw a crowd and is using that to put money in the bank. I don't think she has any interest in running for office. Besides, the democratic machine is doing their best to discredit her at every turn to prevent her becoming a canidiate.

On the other hand, a Republican won an election in a traditionally democratic state. It will be interesting to see how far the tide of anti-democrat votes goes in November.