PDA

View Full Version : Nat'l Security GOP's 10 Commandments

Direckshun
11-25-2009, 12:57 PM
As introduced by the Republican leadership this week:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/11/23/2134917.aspx

(1) Smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill
(2) Market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare;
(3) Market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
(4) Workers’ right to secret ballot by opposing card check
(5) Legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
(6) Victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
(7) Containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat
(8) Retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
(9) Protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and
(10) The right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership

petegz28
11-25-2009, 01:02 PM
I am for all but 8 and wishy-washy on 6

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM
As introduced by the Republican leadership this week:

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/11/23/2134917.aspx

(1) Smaller government, smaller national debt, lower deficits and lower taxes by opposing bills like Obama’s “stimulus” bill
(2) Market-based health care reform and oppose Obama-style government run healthcare;
(3) Market-based energy reforms by opposing cap and trade legislation;
(4) Workers’ right to secret ballot by opposing card check
(5) Legal immigration and assimilation into American society by opposing amnesty for illegal immigrants;
(6) Victory in Iraq and Afghanistan by supporting military-recommended troop surges;
(7) Containment of Iran and North Korea, particularly effective action to eliminate their nuclear weapons threat
(8) Retention of the Defense of Marriage Act;
(9) Protecting the lives of vulnerable persons by opposing health care rationing and denial of health care and government funding of abortion; and
(10) The right to keep and bear arms by opposing government restrictions on gun ownership
Is this the Ronald Reagan test? I heard he couldn't get past 6 or 7 correctly.

Let's see....
#1 raised taxes...fail
#4 wasn't he for amnesty for illegal immigrants?
#6 military recommended that he stay in Lebanon. He pulled the troops out.
#8 Wasn't he for gay rights?

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Where does John Boehners 30k golf outing fit into this joke?

PunkinDrublic
11-25-2009, 01:11 PM
11.) Thou shall covet thy neighbor in the next stall.

Direckshun
11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Yeah, the GOP said it would deny funding for future candidates that disagree with more than 1, I believe.

Might have been 2.

Edit: it's 2, no more than 2.

Otter
11-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Our pathetic government is getting to be more and more like watching a WWF Wrestling Match.

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah, the GOP said it would deny funding for future candidates that disagree with more than 1, I believe.

Might have been 2.

Howd that work aginst Ron & Rand Paul?

Direckshun
11-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Howd that work aginst Ron & Rand Paul?

This is a purity test in the GOP.

How do you figure Ron Paul fares? I don't even think there's a question there.

jiveturkey
11-25-2009, 01:15 PM
6 seems odd. What if the military came back and said "We're wasting our time and resources here". Would the republicans support leaving?

7 also sounds like the same old same old. What does that mean? It sounds good but that's about it.

8 Could care less. The gays tried and they have failed everywhere. It's not going to happen for them. The republicans should even have to bring it up anymore.

9 What do they plan to do about it? Private insurers ration and deny care.

Just a few questions. Other than that I don't have any problems with the rest of them.

FishingRod
11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
If I could believe any party would actually just really really mean # 1 they would get my vote.

HonestChieffan
11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Actually I don't believe this is an official GOP thing, it was put together by a group of conservatives but I don't think you will find this as a GOP Party publication

BigRedChief
11-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Actually I don't believe this is an official GOP thing, it was put together by a group of conservatives but I don't think you will find this as a GOP Party publicationyeah, doesn't really matter. All those party platform documents are a joke anyway.

Chocolate Hog
11-25-2009, 02:04 PM
This is a purity test in the GOP.

How do you figure Ron Paul fares? I don't even think there's a question there.

In terms of fund raising him and Rand don't need the GOP establishment. As it stands right now you fare better running without the help of the GOP.

HonestChieffan
11-25-2009, 02:14 PM

Might have been 2.

Edit: it's 2, no more than 2.

Where did this come from?